PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC Lawfirm

MoreLemonPledge
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
ESPN's Bill Williamson and Scouts, Inc.'s Scott Williamson both believe free agent BenJarvus Green-Ellis would be a good fit in the Chiefs backfield.
The notion gained popularity hours after Rotoworld's Evan Silva tweeted that the fit made sense due to Green-Ellis' history with GM Scott Pioli, familiarity with Brian Daboll's offense, and the short-yardage prowess to complement to Jamaal Charles. The Chiefs have plenty of cap room, and both Jackie Battle and Thomas Jones are free agents. Agent Joel Segal told PFT Live Tuesday that he's had "on and off" discussions with the Pats over a new contract for BJGE.

Chocolate Hog
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
No.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Doesn't he have the current longest streak of not fumbling?

MoreLemonPledge
02-14-2012, 02:36 PM
He might have the longest streak of complete mediocrity.

HonestChieffan
02-14-2012, 02:37 PM
BenJarvis Bob Cooter

Has a ring to it for a kid

Sofa King
Doesn't he have the current longest streak of not fumbling?

I believe they said during the SB that he's never fumbled.

Von Dumbass
He would be better than what we have and he doesn't fumble a lot. As a Chiefs fan, I wouldn't be upset with this move.

ChiefsandO'sfan
Patriots have had talks with Green-Ellis Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 14, 2012, 1:53 PM EST
BenJarvus Green-Ellis led the Patriots in rushing the last two years and has yet to fumble in his career.

He’s been a great success story as an undrafted free agent, and now he gets a chance to cash in. The question is whether that will happen in New England.

His agent Joel Segal joined PFT Live Tuesday and said that there have been “on and off” contract talks with the Patriots. New England traditionally doesn’t like to break the bank at running back and they drafted two running backs last year: Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen.

Green-Ellis is a rock solid player, but not a special talent that will attract huge dollars. We’d guess that the Patriots would welcome keeping “The Law Firm” at their price, but it wouldn’t be surprising if Green-Ellis can find a higher price elsewhere.

Bowser
02-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Maybe we can sign Edelman to be our starting corner if Carr doesn't come back, as well.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't be mad, but we can do better.

MoreLemonPledge
02-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Maybe we can sign Edelman to be our starting corner if Carr doesn't come back, as well.

Maybe we can sign Edelman to be our starting wide receiver if Bowe doesn't come back, as well.

Amnorix
02-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I believe they said during the SB that he's never fumbled.

Correct. Never fumbled. It has gotten cringeworthy because the announcers now say it EVERY game and you start to immediately expect him to fumble on his next carry -- and I'm the least superstitious person I know...

ChiefsCountry
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
I had mentioned him as a free agent back in December.

Of course you know if the Chiefs sign him, his no fumble streak will come to an end.

Amnorix
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
BJGE is basically a very good backup running back and very solid short yardage guy. He's not really what you want for a starting RB.

Ridley and Vereen are presumably the Pats future for starting RB and 3rd down back. I expect Kevin Faulk to retire.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Welker is a FA, too right?

Detoxing
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Seems like the kind of "bleh" move the Chiefs would make. We're much better off drafting one. Probably get the same kind of production for 1/5th the cost.

MoreLemonPledge
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM

He's not going anywhere.

saphojunkie
02-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm all for this, but only if he starts doing commercials for Rubins, Case, Rubins, Cambiano, and Bryant.

(Because there's strength in our numbers)

Amnorix
02-14-2012, 03:24 PM

Yeah, though most figure something will be worked out, or he'll get franchise tagged.

Kraft has specifically said he wants him to stay. When he says that, they pretty much inevitably do (Wilfork, Mankins).

Amnorix
02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
The more interesting case seems to be Arian Foster, who may or may not get tagged. TExans also have Mario Williams as a FA and a couple other decent players, and not alot of cap room, so they have some serious headaches to work out.

O.city
02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
We could have Richardson in the first for less than half the cost.

Amnorix
02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
We could have Richardson in the first for less than half the cost.

Sure, but it costs you a first round draft pick. Anything you can adequately address in free agency is something that might allow you to dedicate your draft picks elsewhere, and vice versa.

Unless you guys think Charles isn't going to be the same, or he's getting old (I have no idea how old he is), it's hard for me to imagine dedicating such a high pick on a RB when it would seem to me that you need to work more on your passing attack.

I'm not a draftnik, though, so I don't know who might be available at the WR/TE/QB spots when your pick comes up.

jd1020
02-14-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm not a draftnik, though, so I don't know who might be available at the WR/TE/QB spots when your pick comes up.

No one worthy. Its going to be between OL/LB, unless we find a way to trade down.

-King-
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
He's a reliable above average guy so I wouldn't mind him being JC's backup.

Brock
02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
You can pick these guys up all day long on the third day of the draft and later.

Akron's#1ChiefsFan
02-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Sure, but it costs you a first round draft pick. Anything you can adequately address in free agency is something that might allow you to dedicate your draft picks elsewhere, and vice versa.

Unless you guys think Charles isn't going to be the same, or he's getting old (I have no idea how old he is), it's hard for me to imagine dedicating such a high pick on a RB when it would seem to me that you need to work more on your passing attack.

It costs them a 1st round pick, but the same can be said about anyone that you choose in the first round, especially when you're picking 11th-later. If Richardson is on the board, I think you take him over BJGE 10 out of 10 times. Richardson has a much higher POTENTIAL ceiling than Green-Ellis.

We pretty much know what he is by now: an overacheiver for an undrafted guy, but he's never going to "that guy." I think the uncertainty of Richardson makes him much more attractive than BJGE in that regard. He's a hell of a prospect, which is already saying more than you can about Green-Ellis.

That being said, if the Bama back isn't there when they pick, then I have no problem going out and trying to bring in an "old reliable" kind of guy like this.