Bambi
02-15-2012, 02:57 AM
What a game tonight.

Pushead2
02-15-2012, 03:13 AM
pass.....

redsurfer11
02-15-2012, 05:06 AM
I've been watching. Great Sports story developing. Harvard grad outsmarting Basket Weavers.

Baconeater
02-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Don't care.

Deberg_1990
02-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Straight Up Balla!

@Spikelee
Floyd Mayweather I Hope You Watched Jeremy Hit The Gamewinning 3 Pointer With .005 Seconds Left.Our Guy Can BALL PLAIN AND SIMPLE.RECOGNIZE.

@spikelee
When Will The World Understand Jeremy Lin Is A Baller?Is There Still Any Doubt.Da Orange And Blue Are Going For The Ring.Don't Sleep.Ya-Dig?

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Unlike the Tebow hype, this kid is earning it.

Mojo Jojo
02-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Not a NBA fan, but this is a great story to follow.

Saulbadguy
02-15-2012, 08:12 AM

suds79
02-15-2012, 08:38 AM
It's good for the NBA for the Knicks to matter. Hard not to like the kid. It's a cool story.

Once melo gets back you might have a pretty nasty 3 headed monster there in NY.

58-4ever
02-15-2012, 08:41 AM
It's good for the NBA for the Knicks to matter. Hard not to like the kid. It's a cool story.

Once melo gets back you might have a pretty nasty 3 headed monster there in NY.

The NBA had one of its best years ever last year and the Knicks were irrelevant. Fuck New York. That being said, this story is pretty unbelievable. With almost any other coach, this does not happen.

58-4ever
02-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Don't care.

You clicked on the thread and typed a response... so there is some care in there somewhere.... :hmmm:

frankotank
02-15-2012, 08:55 AM
I think it's pretty cool the whole Lin thing and I don't really dig pro b-ball - college is so so much better..... I've always said....the last guy on the team sitting at the end of the bench in any professional sport would kick the living crap out of 99.9% of the population. there is always someone in the wings that is ready to breakout and become the next badass...but will he ever get that Kurt Warner-esque opportunity? this guy is certainly making the most of it!

milkman
02-15-2012, 08:58 AM
The NBA had one of its best years ever last year and the Knicks were irrelevant. **** New York. That being said, this story is pretty unbelievable. With almost any other coach, this does not happen.

The NBA has had a pretty good run for the last 30 years or so, and the Knicks have almost always been irrelevant.

milkman
02-15-2012, 09:00 AM
You clicked on the thread and typed a response... so there is some care in there somewhere.... :hmmm:

Those of us that don't care only care about letting everyone else know that we don't care.

Brock
02-15-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm starting to care about the NBA again. A little.

DaKCMan AP
02-15-2012, 09:05 AM
The 6-game L(w)in streak has come against:
New Jersey 8-22
Utah 14-14
Washington 7-22
Los Angelas 17-12
Minnesota 13-16
Toronto 9-21

Combined 68-107

Yawn.

Direckshun
02-15-2012, 09:12 AM
The NBA has had a pretty good run for the last 30 years or so, and the Knicks have almost always been irrelevant.

I don't know what you mean "a pretty good run," but the early 2000s were nothing but a series of post-ups, series after series after series...

So glad they allowed zone defense to mix that shit up.

Direckshun
02-15-2012, 09:13 AM
New Jersey 8-22
Utah 14-14
Washington 7-22
Los Angelas 17-12
Minnesota 13-16
Toronto 9-21

Combined 68-107

Yawn.

While averaging 28 points and 9 assists.

Kid's a gamer. Has all kinds of Steve Nash in him. And he is impervious to pressure.

Such an amazing story.

rico
02-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Watch him miss a lay-up with 2 seconds left in the game when the Knicks are down by 1 point in what ends up being their elimination from the playoffs.

Bambi
02-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Last night everyone in the bar knew the Knicks were gonna do it even down 7 with 2 mins left.

What a comeback. Lead by Lin

milkman
02-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't know what you mean "a pretty good run," but the early 2000s were nothing but a series of post-ups, series after series after series...

So glad they allowed zone defense to mix that shit up.

Just pointing out the fact that the Knicks have been irrelevant through most of thier existence.

noa
02-15-2012, 10:36 AM
I bet he has a small peen
Posted via Mobile Device

Von Dumbass
02-15-2012, 10:38 AM
The coverage of this Lin guy is annoying as shit. Who gives a fuck?

Hydrae
02-15-2012, 10:43 AM
The coverage of this Lin guy is annoying as shit. Who gives a ****?

Tebow
Tebow
Tebow

Who gives a fuck?

Deberg_1990
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Wanna be a -- baller, shot caller
Twenty inch blades -- on the Impala
A caller gettin laid tonight
Swisher rolled tight, gotta spray my ice
I hit the HIIIGHWAY, making money the FLYYYY WAY
But there's got to be a BETT-ER WAYY!
A better way, better way, YEAH-AHHHH

suds79
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM

He has scored I believe more points than any player in his first 5 games since the merger.

It's not like he isn't playing well.

Easy 6
02-15-2012, 10:58 AM
In with yet another 'dont care'.

My sports season is over.

Sorry.

The Bad Guy
02-15-2012, 11:03 AM

Sorry.

Then why click the thread? To say you don't care?

What Lin is doing is incredible. It's Kurt Warner out of nowhere in 1999 great.

The Bad Guy
02-15-2012, 11:05 AM

People who watch basketball give a shit. That's who, you living epic fail.

Maybe Lin should put bible verses under his eyes, or pray after every made basket. Then you might like him.

suds79
02-15-2012, 11:05 AM

Sorry.

And that's fine. Nothing wrong with being in the minority nationally.

Why is there this certain segment of fans around here, who don't like the NBA, so persistent on telling us about it?

Great. You're entitled to your opinion.

Pitt Gorilla
02-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I've really enjoyed watching this kid. I hate the Knicks, but he makes me want to watch them.

Easy 6
02-15-2012, 11:10 AM
And that's fine. Nothing wrong with being in the minority nationally.

Why is there this certain segment of fans around here, who don't like the NBA, so persistent on telling us about it?

Great. You're entitled to your opinion.

Well i said sorry...

:D

The Bad Guy
02-15-2012, 11:11 AM
New Jersey 8-22
Utah 14-14
Washington 7-22
Los Angelas 17-12
Minnesota 13-16
Toronto 9-21

Combined 68-107

Yawn.

Yes, discredit him. He basically beat the Lakers team defense, which is very good, by himself. Toronto is also in the top half in the NBA in points allowed.

Discrediting this run is hilarious. But I'm not surprised considering the source.

Bambi
02-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Lin is Tebow with actual ability.

RUSH
02-15-2012, 11:45 AM
New Jersey 8-22
Utah 14-14
Washington 7-22
Los Angelas 17-12
Minnesota 13-16
Toronto 9-21

Combined 68-107

Yawn.

Without their best player. And don't give me the myth about them being better without Carmelo. It's fabricated bullshit. The team couldn't function without a point guard especially with their system. There's no lebron or Wade to run the offense. Melo tried but he's not that type of player.

And if you're trying to discredit the way Lin has been playing with your post then you're just a moron.

pr_capone
02-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Straight Up Balla!

@spikelee
When Will The World Understand Jeremy Lin Is A Baller?Is There Still Any Doubt.Da Orange And Blue Are Going For The Ring.Don't Sleep.Ya-Dig?

When will the world understand?!?! Bitch... you didn't even understand a week ago and you are talking like you have known all along.

STFU Spike Lee. Your stupid ass hasn't been relevant since 1992. The last worthwhile piece of film used on you was when Jordan talked shit on you after dunking on Ewing at the Garden.

Buck
02-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I can't wait until Feb. 23 when the Knicks play at Miami.

Deberg_1990
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Whitlock: Real reason I think Lin is a great story

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Unlike-Denver-Broncos-quarterback-Tim-Tebow-New-York-Knicks-point-guard-Jeremy-Lin-is-real-deal-021412

There have been thousands of angry, passionate, insightful, thoughtful and, yes, dishonest words written interpreting my inappropriate, 70-character, 14-word tweet about Jeremy Lin. I will let you determine the sincerity of the righteous indignation of my critics.

Today, I want to interpret the Jeremy Lin tweet I fired off 24 minutes earlier last Friday night, before I gave in to immaturity and stupidity.

"NBA has a real Tebow. Jeremy Lin is legit! Great story! Amar'e and Melo should be embarrassed."

Jeremy Lin authentically represents everything some in the media want to believe Tim Tebow represents. Lin is a true underdog succeeding in an environment where his failure was assumed.

Lin played basketball at an academic factory, Harvard. Tebow played quarterback at a football factory, Florida. Besides some added muscle, Tebow, who is white, pretty much looks like every other All-American quarterback. We've never seen a point guard this good who looks like Jeremy Lin, an Asian-American.

Not only was Tebow a first-round NFL draft pick, he started at Florida ahead of a quarterback with more talent, Cam Newton. Lin was undrafted by the NBA. His hometown team, the Golden State Warriors, wouldn't play him and eventually cut him.

The predominantly white Denver Broncos fan base pressured John Fox and John Elway to elevate Tebow from third string to starter. It took a rash of injuries and total desperation to get Lin into the Knicks' lineup.

Until the past two weeks, Jeremy Lin was entirely unwanted by the NBA, and before that, major college basketball had little interest in him. The people who dominate American basketball on the court, on the sideline, in the executive rooms, in the stands and along press row do not look like Jeremy Lin.

That is not Tim Tebow's football narrative. He was a highly coveted recruit, pampered in college, drafted in the first round by the NFL, and many in the media give him credit for victories his actual play had little to do with securing.

Jeremy Lin is the real Tim Tebow. Jeremy Lin is legit.

But there are even deeper reasons I think he's a great story. And there are reasons I think Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony should be embarrassed.

Monday night I had dinner with Dr. Harry Edwards, the celebrated Cal-Berkeley scholar and activist. Living in Northern California, Dr. Edwards has followed the Jeremy Lin story for years. Dr. Edwards also helped me understand the cultural conflict between African Americans and Asian Americans that is most acute in California.

"Latinos have taken the jobs we don't want and Asians have the jobs we can't get," he explained. Dr. Edwards went on to describe the tension between inner-city African-Americans and the Asian store owners who do business in the inner city.

Dr. Edwards' point was the inappropriate joke I thought I was cracking on a stereotype I share with Asian and white men was really a tweet that touched on something far more important and intense.

Jeremy Lin is performing and succeeding in a culture — the black basketball culture — that is perceived by many Asian Americans as hostile toward them. At the time of my real-Tebow-great-story tweet, I was impressed by the novelty of Lin's ascension. I'd given no thought to the importance of it.

Jeremy Lin is a great story.

From the point-guard position, he has imposed his personality, his values, his culture and his style of play on the New York Knicks and, for the moment, those attributes have transformed the formerly underachieving Knicks into winners.

Amar'e and 'Melo should be embarrassed. They have more raw talent than Jeremy Lin. They should wonder what is it about their personalities, their values, their culture and their style of play that didn't allow them to impose a winning imprint on the Knicks.

Lin's success, even if it disappears, should not be dismissed. There is something to be learned from the results of his play and the absence of two star hip-hop, AAU athletes, 'Melo and Amar'e.

Yes, I played the hip-hop culture card. Hip-hop music is a capitalistic success. Hip-hop culture is an utter failure. The me-first, rebellious, anti-intellect culture directly contradicts all the values taught in team sports and most of the values necessary to sustain a civilized society.

I don't get to pick which tweets my supporters and critics choose to interpret. In 140 characters, I can't link to all the on-an-island-by-myself columns that directly contradict the absurd notion that I'm for the unfair treatment of any human being, regardless of color, religion, legal sexual preference, etc.

Writing columns that discomfort the comfortable and defend the vulnerable is far more important to me than being outrageously popular and irreverent on Twitter.

Setsuna
02-15-2012, 12:16 PM
The people that are hating just sad they don't have anyone on their teams to support or watch like this. It's sad really. Haters gonna hate. And this is doing wonders for the NBA viewer wise. They are loving this.

DaKCMan AP
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Yes, discredit him. He basically beat the Lakers team defense, which is very good, by himself. Toronto is also in the top half in the NBA in points allowed.

Discrediting this run is hilarious. But I'm not surprised considering the source.

Without their best player. And don't give me the myth about them being better without Carmelo. It's fabricated bullshit. The team couldn't function without a point guard especially with their system. There's no lebron or Wade to run the offense. Melo tried but he's not that type of player.

And if you're trying to discredit the way Lin has been playing with your post then you're just a moron.

While averaging 28 points and 9 assists.

Kid's a gamer. Has all kinds of Steve Nash in him. And he is impervious to pressure.

Such an amazing story.

It's a great story, no doubt. I just want to see him do it for an extended time against quality competition before I crown him.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/lbrownie/dennis-green-crown.jpg

BigCatDaddy
02-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Linn is much more Kurt Warner than Tim Tebow.

ChiefsCountry
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
I hate the fucker because he plays on the Knicks. Can't wait till Feb. 23 when DWade and LeBron blow them out of the water.

loochy
02-15-2012, 12:49 PM
The coverage of this Lin guy is annoying as shit. Who gives a fuck?

How incredibly ironic is this statement?

Molitoth
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
and now he proves he can facilitate.

What a story for the NBA.

Epic Fail 007
02-15-2012, 10:04 PM
One reason hes doing so good.Is because most of the players besides some stars lack major fundamentals.

stonedstooge
02-15-2012, 10:12 PM
NBA Basketball is having trouble dealing with an old school guard. Kind of funny to see

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-15-2012, 10:23 PM
He's already jumped the shark. Just saw the Lin banner on ESPN bottom line.

Epic Fail 007
02-15-2012, 10:26 PM
The NBA needs more guys like lin and less street trash.

Bump
02-15-2012, 10:39 PM
it is a cool story, undrafted from Harvard. His race and his frame probably hurt his chances a bit I'd imagine, but damn the kid is lighting it up.

Discuss Thrower
02-15-2012, 10:43 PM
The NBA needs more guys like lin and less street trash.

David Stern approves of this post.

Bump
02-15-2012, 10:44 PM
David Stern approves of this post.

as well as me

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-15-2012, 10:45 PM
This kid is loving some nubile, college coeds long time right about now.

Extra Point
02-15-2012, 10:48 PM
"Writing columns that discomfort the comfortable and defend the vulnerable is far more important to me than being outrageously popular and irreverent on Twitter."
=
"This ain't no apology. I just wanted to talk to an 'accredited' black man before posting this article. Cut me some slack! It's February!"

Shogun
02-15-2012, 11:00 PM

Brings A game

WHY NO A+ GAME?!

Pioli Zombie
02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Is he chinese or japanese?

The Dawg
02-15-2012, 11:10 PM
This kid is fun to watch. The hype is crazy though.

alnorth
02-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Linn is much more Kurt Warner than Tim Tebow.

Pretty much, this. He came from out of freaking nowhere, couldn't get a scholarship, undrafted, rode the bench in the NBA, cut twice, played in the D-league, never given a chance, he only started PG for the Knicks out of sheer injury-decimated desperation and he's lighting it up. Its not that the scouts completely blew it, all the things they can measure and see (perhaps biased by his race), didn't suggest superstar, but you cant measure NBA court vision without throwing them out there, and he's got that. He turns it over a bit too much, and he's getting a lot of hype from his points, but the NBA will stop underestimating him and lock him down on offense. What he appears to have, and what will keep him in the game if anything does, is excellent passing. He got more assists than the whole other team tonight, I think.

I prefer college basketball. I don't like the NBA. I don't watch the NBA, and haven't in over a decade, but I can recognize a hell of a neat sports story when it happens.

alnorth
02-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Is he chinese or japanese?

Taiwan, which is interesting in itself. The island is trying to claim him, while China is white-washing any mention of his father being from Taiwan in their newscasts and trying to claim him.

He was born in the US, though.

KcMizzou
02-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I think it's awesome. I'm rooting for the guy.

And it's a hell of a lot better than the Tebow shit, because this kids actually made a huge impact.

Tebow was cult hero in a lucky situation... Lin was a nobody who suddenly started kicking ass and leading his team to wins. Lin>>>Tebow

Pioli Zombie
02-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah, Tebow didn't make an impact at all. Just took a team that was 1-4, won a bunch of games in a row in miraculous, last second games, won the division, and won a playoff game. That's more than the Chiefs have done in 18 years. But he didn't have an impact.

CoMoChief
02-15-2012, 11:18 PM
He runs around and plays like a chinese steve nash. Just exactly what that system was missing in NY. They're going to start kicking a lot of ass once Carmelo gets back, granted he's not a god damn ball hog.

chiefzilla1501
02-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah, Tebow didn't make an impact at all. Just took a team that was 1-4, won a bunch of games in a row in miraculous, last second games, won the division, and won a playoff game. That's more than the Chiefs have done in 18 years. But he didn't have an impact.

Are you kidding me? The Broncos were crushing it on defense and in the running game prior when Tebow took over. Lin took over a team minus two superstars and not a hugely talented supporting cast. Don't act like the two situations are even remotely similar.

Tebow did and still feels like a gimmick. Lin is just a good basketball player.

Crush
02-15-2012, 11:22 PM

Tebow is a fullback that took advantage of the prevent defense.

Pioli Zombie
02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Sure, the Broncos were playing just awesome football before Tebow took over. Whatever.

redsurfer11
02-16-2012, 05:24 AM

The NFL has had a pretty good run for the last 30 years or so, and the Chiefs have almost always been irrelevant.

No parallels here...............................wait.

loochy
02-16-2012, 06:17 AM
The NFL has had a pretty good run for the last 30 years or so, and the Chiefs have almost always been irrelevant.

No parallels here...............................wait.

So are you saying that we need an undrafted Asian QB?

blaise
02-16-2012, 06:18 AM
I listen to 660 the Fan in NY most mornings. It's been fun hearing about him over the last 10 days or so.

WhiteWhale
02-16-2012, 07:57 AM
This never happens in the NBA. Ever.

People do not 'come out of nowhere' in that league. Really amazing. Props to the kid, he's exactly what the NBA needs.

I keep waiting for him to slip, but he keeps on ballin'.

BoneKrusher
02-17-2012, 07:10 AM
made a Linsanity sig:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2e33hnd.png

notorious
02-17-2012, 07:20 AM
I will begin to give a shit when the playoffs start.