PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Brokered Convention = Jeb Bush vs Sarah Palin

dirk digler
02-15-2012, 09:05 PM
LMAO I shit you not. How desperate and pathetic are Republicans?

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/210237-a-brokered-convention-jeb-bush-vs-sarah-palin

Santorum’s contraception boom — “We’re all Catholics now,” said Mike Huckabee — won’t hold up. Because we’re not. This race could well go to a brokered convention. If Jeb Bush is proposed, so Sarah Palin should be minutes later. She is now and always has been the singular Jacksonian voice in the original Tea Party phenomenon; the only one who can bring it to the mainstream. Her absence from the primary race has left a vacuum and no substitute has been found. Every other possible or potential leadership hopeful has risen and receded in this long Republican primary season.

But as The Hill’s Josh Lederman reports from the CPAC conference, the former Alaska governor received far and away the most spirited and enthusiastic reception at the convention of about 10,000 conservative activists. She drew the audience to its feet more than a dozen times during her keynote address on Saturday.

“The cheers for Palin were so loud that they drowned out her remarks again and again,” he writes. “Conference organizers had to set up three overflow rooms to accommodate the throngs of supporters eager to hear her words.”

The Bush secret agenda has been a subliminal theme for months with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie as the favored proxy and pitchman. At CPAC it broke through to the surface: Al Cardenas, head of the American Conservative Union, says that Republican turmoil might lead to a brokered convention in which Jeb Bush would emerge as a “possible alternative” party nominee. It made Drudge this weekend.

Conservatism is at the shore of a new awakening but is afraid to cross the river. It goes back to Gov. Rick Perry’s Texas primary race. From Quigley’s Pundits Blog of Jan. 21, 2010: “The Austin Statesman reports that former President George H.W. Bush will endorse U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison in the Republican primary for governor in her race against Rick Perry. Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Margaret Spellings and Karen Hughes [W.’s agent] also support Hutchison … But Sarah Palin supports Rick Perry and will appear with him at a rally on Super Bowl Sunday. Does one Sarah Palin equal a Bush, a Rove, a Spellings and a Hughes? In Texas, I believe it does.”

Perry won in a landslide. But why would the Bush establishment pull out all the stops to support Hutchison, who was sure to lose? Because they saw a new conservative movement building with Perry and Palin and were determined early on to stamp it out. They still are.

Bush/Christie or Christie/ Bush as “establishment” representation is bound to bring muffled chuckles (“Hey Abbott!!!”) and Obama would win in a landslide. But Bush/Christie vs. Sarah Palin/Rick Perry positions coming head to head at the Republican Convention would pit the storied worlds of Dexter and Paulie Walnuts; the most notoriously corrupt, burned-out, busted-up, used-up, dangerous, underwater and broke Eastern states, against the new, independent, states-oriented, freedom-seeking constitutional conservatives like Palin of the Western states, Texas and Alaska. Now that would be interesting.

La literatura
02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
If we're all Catholics now, then I expect a huge surge in monthly tithing.

Taco John
02-15-2012, 10:57 PM
For Jeb Bush or Palin to be viable, they would need to get in now and win some states, gain some delegates. None of the people running are going to hand over their delegates to Palin or Jeb. And should they release them, they're going to find that a good portion of the ones they had bound are actually Ron Paul supporters who got involved at the delegate level in hopes that they were released.

BIG_DADDY
02-15-2012, 11:04 PM
As opposed to the confident and prestigious Democrats. I'll tell what is pathetic, partisan politics. The fact that the moronic sheeple fall for this shit shows how pathetic our voting body really is.

Chiefshrink
02-16-2012, 12:48 AM
RINO vs Conservative and this yr the Conservative will win. Not saying it will be Palin but.....................

Chiefshrink
02-16-2012, 12:49 AM
For Jeb Bush or Palin to be viable, they would need to get in now and win some states, gain some delegates. None of the people running are going to hand over their delegates to Palin or Jeb. And should they release them, they're going to find that a good portion of the ones they had bound are actually Ron Paul supporters who got involved at the delegate level in hopes that they were released.

And Ron Paul delegates will stomach Palin a helluva lot easier that BUSH v.3 for sure.

Psyko Tek
02-16-2012, 01:07 AM
LMAO I shit you not. How desperate and pathetic are Republicans?

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/210237-a-brokered-convention-jeb-bush-vs-sarah-palin

Santorum’s contraception boom — “We’re all Catholics now,” said Mike Huckabee — won’t hold up. Because we’re not. This race could well go to a brokered convention. If Jeb Bush is proposed, so Sarah Palin should be minutes later. She is now and always has been the singular Jacksonian voice in the original Tea Party phenomenon; the only one who can bring it to the mainstream. Her absence from the primary race has left a vacuum and no substitute has been found. Every other possible or potential leadership hopeful has risen and receded in this long Republican primary season.

But as The Hill’s Josh Lederman reports from the CPAC conference, the former Alaska governor received far and away the most spirited and enthusiastic reception at the convention of about 10,000 conservative activists. She drew the audience to its feet more than a dozen times during her keynote address on Saturday.

“The cheers for Palin were so loud that they drowned out her remarks again and again,” he writes. “Conference organizers had to set up three overflow rooms to accommodate the throngs of supporters eager to hear her words.”

The Bush secret agenda has been a subliminal theme for months with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie as the favored proxy and pitchman. At CPAC it broke through to the surface: Al Cardenas, head of the American Conservative Union, says that Republican turmoil might lead to a brokered convention in which Jeb Bush would emerge as a “possible alternative” party nominee. It made Drudge this weekend.

Conservatism is at the shore of a new awakening but is afraid to cross the river. It goes back to Gov. Rick Perry’s Texas primary race. From Quigley’s Pundits Blog of Jan. 21, 2010: “The Austin Statesman reports that former President George H.W. Bush will endorse U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison in the Republican primary for governor in her race against Rick Perry. Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Margaret Spellings and Karen Hughes [W.’s agent] also support Hutchison … But Sarah Palin supports Rick Perry and will appear with him at a rally on Super Bowl Sunday. Does one Sarah Palin equal a Bush, a Rove, a Spellings and a Hughes? In Texas, I believe it does.”

Perry won in a landslide. But why would the Bush establishment pull out all the stops to support Hutchison, who was sure to lose? Because they saw a new conservative movement building with Perry and Palin and were determined early on to stamp it out. They still are.

Bush/Christie or Christie/ Bush as “establishment” representation is bound to bring muffled chuckles (“Hey Abbott!!!”) and Obama would win in a landslide. But Bush/Christie vs. Sarah Palin/Rick Perry positions coming head to head at the Republican Convention would pit the storied worlds of Dexter and Paulie Walnuts; the most notoriously corrupt, burned-out, busted-up, used-up, dangerous, underwater and broke Eastern states, against the new, independent, states-oriented, freedom-seeking constitutional conservatives like Palin of the Western states, Texas and Alaska. Now that would be interesting.

that is some serious stoopit...
not saying it won't happen
but damn I think it is stoopit

Taco John
02-16-2012, 01:16 AM
And Ron Paul delegates will stomach Palin a helluva lot easier that BUSH v.3 for sure.

I would like to hear the scenario that gets Jeb or Palin on any ballots. And once they are there, what's the plan for uniting a party at war with itself. The same problem that every one of these candidates has right now is going to be the same problem that anyone who comes in to "rescue" the ticket will have once all the balloons have popped.

This is a systemic party problem brought on by decades of ignoring principle and favoring convenience. It would be political suicide for someone from outside this contest to come in. There's little to no ideological cohesion in the Republican party right now. Being anti-Obama isn't enough. The party is pulling in seperate directions, and the only way it wins is by picking the direction that causes the most voters to follow along. Neither Palin, nor Jeb are going to do that any better than Mitt, or Newt, or Santorum, or Paul.

Dave Lane
02-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Doesn't matter who they pick. It could be Palin it could be a hamster. (is that redundant?) Once its picked all the conservatives on this board will line up to lick its taint.

dirk digler
02-16-2012, 08:10 AM

I don't know about that. IIRC once the first vote occurs delegates can vote for whoever they want.

I am not saying it is a real possibility but I do find it interesting that Palin just said yesterday said she will do what is needed to get a brokered convention if that is what it comes to.
Well, for one, I think that it could get to that. And I -- you know, if it had to -- if it had to be kind of closed up today, the whole nominating process, then we would be looking at a brokered convention.

I mean nobody is quite there yet. So I think that months from now, if that's the case, then, you know, all bets are off as to who it will be willing to offer themselves up in the name of service to their country. I would -- I would do whatever I could to help.

big nasty kcnut
02-16-2012, 09:28 AM
I know newt and paul would give sarah their delegates. rick would be a hard sell. Everybody would back sarah because she got support from minority and gays and males. Woman will be the hard sell.

Pioli Zombie
02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
I have involved sexual fantasies about Sarah Palin.

Pioli Zombie
02-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Doesn't matter who they pick. It could be Palin it could be a hamster. (is that redundant?) Once its picked all the conservatives on this board will line up to lick its taint.

I would gladly lick Sarah Palins taint

whoman69
02-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Please bring this on. Running against Jeb would be as simple as running against his brother because Democrats will paint them as one and the same. He didn't even have enough support to run for the vacated Mel Martinez senate seat.

Sarah Palin...ROFL