PDA

View Full Version : Football Tebow works on throwing motion in L.A.

T-post Tom
02-15-2012, 11:35 PM
He's the enemy, but you have to admire his effort. I'm praying that he never figures out how to be a real NFL quarterback.

Tebow works on throwing motion in L.A.

Two years ago, as Tim Tebow tried to get himself in position to be taken in the first round of the draft, he embarked on an effort to change his throwing motion.

Today, the effort continues. According to ESPNLosAngeles.com, Tebow is working on his mechanics with UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

“He just came out here to throw and work on a few things and see if we can just become a little more efficient in what he’s doing,” Mazzone said. “Throwing motion, footwork, everything I work on with all my quarterbacks.”

Mazzone said that Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder are expected to join the workouts soon. Mazzone was Rivers’ offensive coordinator at North Carolina State.

“Obviously I wouldn’t do anything that would go against what their beliefs are,” Mazzone said in reference to the Broncos’ plans for Tebow, adding that Mazzone regularly talks with Denver’s quarterbacks coach, Adam Gase. “I know after coaching quarterbacks for a long time, they’re like girlfriends. You don’t like other guys messing with them.”

Tebow completed 46.5 percent of his throws during the regular season, and only 40.4 percent in two playoff games. If he can improve his accuracy, he can become a dangerous dual-purpose weapon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/15/tebow-works-on-throwing-motion-in-l-a/

Pitt Gorilla
02-15-2012, 11:45 PM
I saw the video. He looked pretty good.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NM5DLcSvRtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Count Alex's Losses
02-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Entering his third NFL season.

Working on his throwing motion.

Should work out.

Rudy lost the toss
02-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Mazzone worked wonders for Phillip's throwing motion

NJChiefsFan
02-15-2012, 11:54 PM
If Hollywood can't make his motion look good he might as well give up.

Tribal Warfare
02-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Yeah Phillip Rivers isn't the gold standard of throwing mechanics, unless Tebow has a major breakthrough from studying the other great technicians like Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees he's just spinning his wheels with the coach who couldn't adjust Rivers' atypical side arm throwing motion.

listopencil
02-16-2012, 12:09 AM
In a different article I read yesterday, Mazzone said that he is focusing a lot on footwork. Not so much throwing motion.

Easy 6
02-16-2012, 12:39 AM
In a different article I read yesterday, Mazzone said that he is focusing a lot on footwork. Not so much throwing motion.

Thats easy to believe, because there really isnt ever going to be any permanent change in his mechanics & they know it, he has what he has... Kosar, Rivers, Cassel, whoever... its never going to be exactly what you want.

listopencil
02-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Thats easy to believe, because there really isnt ever going to be any permanent change in his mechanics & they know it, he has what he has... Kosar, Rivers, Cassel, whoever... its never going to be exactly what you want.

Yep. I think his motion is about set. He really does need help on his footwork though. That's one of the reasons they tried to move him around in the pocket. When he's moving he throws better because his movements are more natural, less over thinking. We'll see what happens. Should be interesting.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-16-2012, 09:40 AM
But, but, but, weren't Bronco homers trying to say thier was nothing wrong with the way he threw the ball ROFL

In other news, he fired his previous QB guru...Rico Dynamite.

El Jefe
02-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Entering his third NFL season.

Working on his throwing motion.

Should work out.

Yeah, because no QB ever needs to develop their throwing motion further. GTFO claytex/tampex whatever name you choose this month.

Mile High Mania
02-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think most QBs do things like this in the off-season... most players do this type of stuff. It's all about "getting better and improving". One thing that Denver should do to help there - better speed WR (dunno if Jason Hill can be that guy, we'll see) and better pass catching TE. Oh and I'd like for them to bring back Peyton Hillis - he'd work well in that offense, nice pass catching RB.

vailpass
02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I'll never fault someone for working hard to get better.

AZORChiefFan
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
looks like he got a tan too

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tCWz9U0MtoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

smittysbar
02-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Maybe someone should show him how to throw a spiral, it would be a logical place to start IMO.

KC Tattoo
02-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Maybe someone should show him how to throw a spiral, it would be a logical place to start IMO.

Hey what's up smittysbar, long time no see. How are things at the bar?

smittysbar
02-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Hey what's up smittysbar, long time no see. How are things at the bar?

Sold it to my brother. Good to see ya around, I'm a bit of a lurker these days.

KC Tattoo
02-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Sold it to my brother. Good to see ya around, I'm a bit of a lurker these days.

Well, post more often would ya? It's cool to see your post. Congrats on selling your bar to your brother at least it's in the family.

Rausch
02-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Sold it to my brother.

:eek:

http://scifun.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/whut.jpg?w=520