PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Ok - I will play too...Santorum against Libertarians...

oldandslow
02-16-2012, 12:13 PM
In a Pennsylvania Press Club luncheon in Harrisburg last summer, Santorum declared, "I am not a libertarian, and I fight very strongly against libertarian influence within the Republican Party and the conservative movement."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/2012/02/santorum-severely-wrong/269416

I can't believe you'all are gonna send put this guy against BO. He just disenfranchised 25% of the party and several independent dems who might have leanings in that direction.

Taco John
02-16-2012, 12:18 PM
In a Pennsylvania Press Club luncheon in Harrisburg last summer, Santorum declared, "I am not a libertarian, and I fight very strongly against libertarian influence within the Republican Party and the conservative movement."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/2012/02/santorum-severely-wrong/269416

I can't believe you'all are gonna send put this guy against BO. He just disenfranchised 25% of the party and several independent dems who might have leanings in that direction.

Santorum is going to go up and down just like every other candidate. He's only getting such a big boost now because the media is entertained by Romney falling on his face, and it's driving coverage. People are being reminded about why he lost in a rout in 2006, and he'll fall back to earth.

LiveSteam
02-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Santorum is going to go up and down just like every other candidate. He's only getting such a big boost now because the media is entertained by Romney falling on his face, and it's driving coverage. People are being reminded about why he lost in a rout in 2006, and he'll fall back to earth.

This

FishingRod
02-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Santorum is very very appealing to the Evangelical part of the Republican party. Which admittedly is fairly large. His appeal across the rest of the party, independents and independent minded Democrats not so much. By independent minded I mean those not so indoctrinated as to be physically incapable of looking beyond the party affiliation of a candidate and picking the person that best fits their views at least occasionally. I would “guess” that neither the Democrats or Republicans have more than 20% of these types in their party. That % was admittedly pulled out of my ass but, I think the point is valid.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Santorum is very very appealing to the Evangelical part of the Republican party. Which admittedly is fairly large. His appeal across the rest of the party, independents and independent minded Democrats not so much. By independent minded I mean those not so indoctrinated as to be physically incapable of looking beyond the party affiliation of a candidate and picking the person that best fits their views at least occasionally. I would “guess” that neither the Democrats or Republicans have more than 20% of these types in their party. That % was admittedly pulled out of my ass but, I think the point is valid.

Jesus is My Lord and Savior and Santorum would be the last guy i would vote for.

Chief Faithful
02-16-2012, 02:41 PM

As an active Evangelical, Santorum does not represent my political or religious beliefs.

SLAG
02-16-2012, 02:57 PM
In all seriousness - I can't wait to vote Santorum - He is my candidate through and through

BucEyedPea
02-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Santorum is authoritarian and fascist; hasn't got a clue about economics.

jettio
02-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Considering Santorum's speech on the night of the Iowa caucus, I was thinking a good nickname for him would be the Coalminer's Granddaughter.

Brainiac
02-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Santorum is authoritarian and fascist; hasn't got a clue about economics.
Exactly. If Santorum wins the nomination, it will be a disaster for the Republican party in the general election. The Far Right loves him, but nobody else even likes him.

FishingRod
02-17-2012, 03:00 PM
As an active Evangelical, Santorum does not represent my political or religious beliefs.

I could be wrong (it happens from time to time) but I would have thought that the Evangelicals would have been the core of his supporters. If you don’t mind me asking, as an “active Evangelical” which candidate do you think best represents people who would describe their selves as such?