PDA

View Full Version : General Politics One of the bellwethers of the Democrat Party-Republicans are Demons!

mikey23545
02-17-2012, 03:07 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/maxine-waters-comes-unhinged-in-speech-boehner-and-cantor-are-demons/

Rep. Maxine Waters delivered a fiery speech to delegates at the California Democratic State Convention this past weekend, calling House Speaker John Boehner and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor “demons” whom she doesn’t want to see “in our hall, on our screens.”

“I saw pictures of Boehner and Cantor on our screens,” the California Democrat said in remarks posted online. “Don’t ever let me see again in life those Republicans in our hall, on our screens, talking about anything. These are demons.”

Waters made the comments amid a charge to convention-goers to campaign hard during the 2012 election season.

She continued: “These are legislators who are destroying this country rather than bringing us together, creating jobs, making sure we have a good tax policy, bringing our jobs from back offshore, incentivizing those who keep the jobs here. They are bringing down this country, destroying this country because again they’d rather do whatever they can to destroy this president rather than for the good of this country.”

Waters‘ office did not immediately respond to The Blaze’s request for comment about her remarks, including her rhetoric calling Boehner and Cantor “demons.”

Watch Waters’ full speech below, via the California Democratic Party. Comments about Boehner and Cantor begin at the 11:15 mark:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fpfwhWrvQZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mikey23545
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
I guess this is an example of a Democrat "reaching across the aisle".

HonestChieffan
02-17-2012, 03:31 PM
The crazy old bat is in line to be Chairman of the Banking Committee. Her husband is a banker and Im sure he is thrilled.

whoman69
02-17-2012, 03:52 PM
I guess this is an example of a Democrat "reaching across the aisle".

Yes because the Republicans have been so friendly in their own attempts.

Chief Henry
02-17-2012, 03:58 PM

head/sand

LOCOChief
02-17-2012, 03:59 PM

Not quite that friendly but yeah like you say it is ok to someone a demon.

Bewbies
02-17-2012, 04:09 PM

LMAO

you are awesome.

mikey23545
02-17-2012, 04:17 PM

Tell you what, woman69...Find me a quote from a Republican congress critter calling a Dem a "demon", or wishing their death in a public forum like good ol' Maxine was in...

Could be you'll find one, but until then you libs wear the crown as the most intolerant philosophy...

blaise
02-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Why doesn't she just go ahead and call them white devils?

Munson
02-17-2012, 06:06 PM
She's just as big of a nut job as Nancy Pelosi.

whoman69
02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Not quite that friendly but yeah like you say it is ok to someone a demon.

Never read Ann Coutler huh.

Bewbies
02-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Never read Ann Coutler huh.

Don't know the difference between columnist or elected member of Congress huh? LMAO

whoman69
02-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Tell you what, woman69...Find me a quote from a Republican congress critter calling a Dem a "demon", or wishing their death in a public forum like good ol' Maxine was in...

Could be you'll find one, but until then you libs wear the crown as the most intolerant philosophy...

You're reading too much into it. She said "that in her lifetime she didn't want to see those Republicans in our halls." Not a death threat. Its a wish to see them voted out.

whoman69
02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Don't know the difference between columnist or elected member of Congress huh? LMAO

Sure I do. Do you, because the person I quoted said made no distinction. Republicans have Fox News and right wings talk radio to spit out their views.

HonestChieffan
02-17-2012, 07:35 PM
You're reading too much into it. She said "that in her lifetime she didn't want to see those Republicans in our halls." Not a death threat. Its a wish to see them voted out.

“I’m not afraid of anybody,” Waters said at the summit in Inglewood, Calif. “This is a tough game. You can’t be intimidated. You can’t be frightened. And as far as I’m concerned, the ‘tea party’ can go straight to Hell.”

Bewbies
02-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Sure I do. Do you, because the person I quoted said made no distinction. Republicans have Fox News and right wings talk radio to spit out their views.

If you're not some govt plant you've got to be the most hilariously foolish poster on here, running circles around Frankie.

HonestChieffan
02-17-2012, 07:47 PM
If you're not some govt plant you've got to be the most hilariously foolish poster on here, running circles around Frankie.

Thats quite a claim. Frankie and Nitwit occupy a pretty lofty rung on the ladder of stupidity

notorious
02-17-2012, 09:17 PM
My God, I don't say this often, but she is a stupid cunt.

HonestChieffan
02-17-2012, 09:20 PM
My God, I don't say this often, but she is a stupid ****.

Not more than many Dems in congress

notorious
02-17-2012, 09:22 PM
I believe that 80% of people that hear this stuff just roll their eyes.

The other 20% are drooling idiots.

How on Earth does this thing get elected into office? Seriously?

HonestChieffan
02-17-2012, 09:28 PM

she's pretty together compared to that moron from Houston. And Cleaver isn't far behind.

dirk digler
02-17-2012, 09:52 PM
I agree with Maxine. Good for her for speaking the truth it is about time.

go bowe
02-17-2012, 10:04 PM
yeah, maxine should run for the republican nomination...

then ron paul would look sane...

notorious
02-17-2012, 10:05 PM
I agree with Maxine. Good for her for speaking the truth it is about time.

Breaking balls tonight, are we? LMAO

mikey23545
02-17-2012, 10:52 PM

Hey, that's pretty cool how you get to completely change the quote so can prove your point. That's got to really come in handy.

I'll have to remember that trick...

Are you Orange's retarded brother?

Warrior5
02-18-2012, 07:45 AM

Guess what? Her constituents will re-elect her again.

She is one of the greatest arguments for term-limits.

alanm
02-18-2012, 08:57 AM

How on Earth does this thing get elected into office? Seriously?It's Kalifornia. Need you ask?

notorious
02-18-2012, 09:00 AM
It's Kalifornia. Need you ask?

Their state is doing great!

Someone needs to do a thread on Liberal/Conservative states and their positives/negatives.

penchief
02-18-2012, 09:10 AM
That's "democratic" party. Not "democrat" party. Since when do righties get to change the name of the opposition party?

alanm
02-18-2012, 09:13 AM
That's "democratic" party. Not "democrat" party. Since when do righties get to change the name of the opposition party?For the time being it's still a free country.

alanm
02-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Their state is doing great!

Someone needs to do a thread on Liberal/Conservative states and their positives/negatives.I would wager that states traditionally run by republicans are in the black economically. Those states being run by the democratic machine are so far underground they'll never see the light of day.

penchief
02-18-2012, 09:32 AM
For the time being it's still a free country.

True. But it's amazing how the conservative/corporate media has been able to perpetuate this derisive Rove tactic of trying to relabel the democratic party. It's an intentional poke in the eye. It just amazes me that the republican party thinks it can rename the opposition party. But of course, that is par for the course when it comes to the right's approach to political discourse.

You can always tell who the purely partisan politicians are in the republican party because they always make it a point to call the democratic party the democrat party. It just seems disrespectful and arrogant, IMO.

patteeu
02-18-2012, 09:34 AM
True. But it's amazing how the conservative/corporate media has been able to perpetuate this derisive Rove tactic of trying to relabel the democratic party. It's an intentional poke in the eye. It just amazes me that the republican party thinks it can rename the opposition party. But of course, that is par for the course when it comes to the right's approach to political discourse.

You can always tell who the purely partisan politicians are in the republican party because they always make it a point to call the democratic party the democrat party. It just seems disrespectful and arrogant, IMO.

Absurd

vailpass
02-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Ignorant Kalifornian Bitch

headsnap
02-18-2012, 10:33 AM

"TeaBaggers"

now STFU!!!

go bowe
02-18-2012, 11:19 AM
"TeaBaggers"

now STFU!!!

i knew a tea-bagger once...

he was also into scat...