PDA

View Full Version : Life Memory Foam

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2012, 06:33 PM
I fucking LOVE this!

I bought a 4" mattress topper at Walmart for $100. Worth every penny.

Sanka
02-17-2012, 06:54 PM
I purchased an 8" mattress off amazon a few weeks ago, Its great and very comfortable to sleep on.

FAX
02-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I love Tempur-Pedic. Is the memory foam topper like those? If so, you'll sleep better than you have since you were an itty-bitty baby. They rock.

FAX

Jawshco
02-17-2012, 07:00 PM
I ****ing LOVE this!

I bought a 4" mattress topper at Walmart for $100. Worth every penny.

I bought a 4" mattress topper at Sam's Club a couple years ago, but I hate it now. It lost its memory more quickly than I expected and made the bed even less comfortable than before. It can help for awhile, but its not a long term solution when you need a new mattress. My. Mattress was an S&F double sided pillow top-which was awful. The bottom side that had the spare pillow top broke down quickly and caused lump, the top pillow top pillow basically did the same thing to the foam topper before the springs decided to break down as well.

On an odd, somewhat related note, I have a buddy who bought an entire mattress of memory foam, and after a month his wife refused to sleep on it because it got too uncomfortable, he refused to replace it, and she left him soon after that and eventually divorced him. It's crazy how small things can cause divorces.

stonedstooge
02-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Had a pillow made of it once. My thermostat has always run high and the pillow would trap the heat. I'd wake up with my whole head sweating. But it was comfortable the short time I used one

mlyonsd
02-17-2012, 07:04 PM
I love Tempur-Pedic. Is the memory foam topper like those? If so, you'll sleep better than you have since you were an itty-bitty baby. They rock.

FAXWe've had ours for 10 years now. The stuff is fricking amazing. No dents or formed spots. It's hard to explain to someone how comfortable they are. Money well spent.

DA_T_84
02-17-2012, 07:05 PM
I get a new one every 18 months.

4inches on top of any kind of mattress. Shits perfect.

The few ladies I've been lucky enough (and unlucky enough!) to have over since I moved down here all comment on how comfortable it is.

jspchief
02-17-2012, 07:07 PM
I bought a 4" mattress topper at Sam's Club a couple years ago, but I hate it now. It lost its memory more quickly than I expected and made the bed even less comfortable than before. It can help for awhile, but its not a long term solution when you need a new mattress. My. Mattress was an S&F double sided pillow top-which was awful. The bottom side that had the spare pillow top broke down quickly and caused lump, the top pillow top pillow basically did the same thing to the foam topper before the springs decided to break down as well.

On an odd, somewhat related note, I have a buddy who bought an entire mattress of memory foam, and after a month his wife refused to sleep on it because it got too uncomfortable, he refused to replace it, and she left him soon after that and eventually divorced him. It's crazy how small things can cause divorces.

You realize you're supposed to flip and turn that mattress regularly? That allows the "spare" pillow top to share the wear and tear.

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2012, 07:10 PM

FAX

I believe so. Although, due to the fact that I purchased it from Wally World, I'm betting the quality isn't as good as TP.

FAX
02-17-2012, 07:18 PM
I believe so. Although, due to the fact that I purchased it from Wally World, I'm betting the quality isn't as good as TP.

I don't know ... it probably is.

They really are nice. It's helped my back immensely and sometimes I dream about being one of the few chosen angels floating through the clear, blue sky on a pure white, puffy cloud with a couple of bazooka guns and a rocket launcher I use to blast innocent, earth-bound people to hell and gone with no warning whatsoever.

FAX

acarter25
02-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Memory foam is overhyped and wears down tremendously over time. Also, it doesn't give you near the support it claims. If you want a good bed with the perfect match of comfort and support, that is anti-microbial, hypo-allergenic, and gives you about twice the support of memory foam, 3 times the durability, and more comfort then go look into latex foam and I promise you will never buy anything else.

Jawshco
02-17-2012, 11:51 PM
You realize you're supposed to flip and turn that mattress regularly? That allows the "spare" pillow top to share the wear and tear.

Yup, and it doesn't work. It still breaks down. It's the reason Sealy and S&F no longer make double sided pillow tops.

Fairplay
02-18-2012, 12:24 AM

Purchased a bed the other week, the sales lady said that flipping the mattress
regularly wears it out 10 times faster then normal. I was thinking WTF!?
But i just smiled and listened to her politely.

BigMeatballDave
02-18-2012, 12:45 AM

LMAO what a line of shit.

BigMeatballDave
02-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Memory foam is overhyped and wears down tremendously over time. Also, it doesn't give you near the support it claims. If you want a good bed with the perfect match of comfort and support, that is anti-microbial, hypo-allergenic, and gives you about twice the support of memory foam, 3 times the durability, and more comfort then go look into latex foam and I promise you will never buy anything else.

I'm happy with what I have for now.

I never knew there were latex foam mattresses.

Fairplay
02-18-2012, 01:02 AM
LMAO what a line of shit.

You're telling me. Usually when someone tells me a whopper like that i just act all interested and see if i can to get their lies to snowball out of control.

bevischief
02-18-2012, 02:10 AM
sleep number bed.

Fire Me Boy!
02-18-2012, 04:21 AM
sleep number bed.

One of these days, my wife and I are going to need to get a Sleep Number. I fucking HATE our bed. Too soft. The wife likes to sleep on something akin to air - no support whatsoever. I would very possibly be comfortable on plywood.

seclark
02-18-2012, 04:41 AM
sleep number bed.

yes...got called in to work at 3am this morning. i hated getting out of that bed. we've had 2 so far and if i'm still alive when it wears out, no doubt we'll get another one.

i've laid a mile of pipe on that bed.
sec

DeezNutz
02-18-2012, 06:42 AM
i've laid a mile of pipe on that bed.
sec

Yeoman's work when it's 4 inches at a time, brother.

Dave Lane
02-18-2012, 06:56 AM

FAX

+1 I love mine.

acarter25
02-18-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm happy with what I have for now.

I never knew there were latex foam mattresses.

Yes sir, not many big companies are into the latex. Simply because it lasts too long and typically doesn't break down at all. I actually work for a mattress factory that use to sell memory foam a little bit right whenever it got real popular but now it's latex all the way.

http://latexfoam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=70

http://www.ednamattress.net/factory/products/latex

Rain Man
02-18-2012, 08:33 AM

Maybe she's flipping the whole bed. I could see where that would get uncomfortable.

Goldmember
02-18-2012, 09:43 AM
I've been thinking about a memory foam bed. Anyone buy a bed from this place? http://www.kcbed.com/

I'm worried they are previously used beds

Goldmember
02-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Maybe she's flipping the whole bed. I could see where that would get uncomfortable.

LMAO

mikeyis4dcats.
02-18-2012, 10:10 AM
we got an iComfort last fall, and like it a lot.

mnchiefsguy
02-18-2012, 10:17 AM
The wife is starting to grumble about our bed, so I told her we could buy a nice one depending on how our taxes work out.

So,Tempur-Pedic or sleep number bed? Those seem to be the choices for most comfortable nowadays. What do yall think?

mnchiefsguy
02-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Yes sir, not many big companies are into the latex. Simply because it lasts too long and typically doesn't break down at all. I actually work for a mattress factory that use to sell memory foam a little bit right whenever it got real popular but now it's latex all the way.

Thanks for the link. Never heard of latex foam, but will take a look!

CanadianChief
02-18-2012, 10:29 AM
I hated mine. It was comfortable to sleep on but I got so hot from it all the time.

acarter25
02-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the link. Never heard of latex foam, but will take a look!

No problem! It's pretty cool stuff.

Goldmember
02-18-2012, 10:39 AM

My concern with foam beds is getting too warm

MagicHef
02-18-2012, 10:41 AM
I got a 10" latex foam bed 2 years ago, I wouldn't buy anything else. Also, I don't know if I'll ever have to.

acarter25
02-18-2012, 10:45 AM

That is one of the positive things about latex. If you check out that website you can see the latex foam has holes throughout due to the molding process so it breaths very well and stays much more cool.

Chiefshrink
02-18-2012, 10:46 AM
The wife is starting to grumble about our bed, so I told her we could buy a nice one depending on how our taxes work out.

So,Tempur-Pedic or sleep number bed? Those seem to be the choices for most comfortable nowadays. What do yall think?

I have heard great things about both products.

The only con I have heard about Tempur-pedic is that it sleeps hot for those whose body sweats real easily.

The only con I have heard about Sleep Number is psychological if you are a "tight ass" in that you are paying anywhere from 1500-3k for a glorified air mattress.

acarter25
02-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I got a 10" latex foam bed 2 years ago, I wouldn't buy anything else. Also, I don't know if I'll ever have to.

yes sir, it is amazing stuff indeed. Also very durable. Theres many many positives to latex.

Chiefshrink
02-18-2012, 10:49 AM
That is one of the positive things about latex. If you check out that website you can see the latex foam has holes throughout due to the molding process so it breaths very well and stays much more cool.

What am I looking at price wise for a Latex KING size?

acarter25
02-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Check out that link, it shows the different pressure points latex relieves compared to memory foam. Pretty cool stuff to read up on if you haven't before.

http://latexinternational.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=61

MagicHef
02-18-2012, 10:50 AM

That hasn't been an issue with ours. I think it may be with memory foam, though.

Chiefshrink
02-18-2012, 10:51 AM
yes sir, it is amazing stuff indeed. Also very durable. Theres many many positives to latex.

What is the guarantee/how long do these last because as some have stated in this thread foam breakdown occurs quickly with the cheap topper crap.

acarter25
02-18-2012, 10:51 AM
What am I looking at price wise for a Latex KING size?

For the Mattress and Foundation it will run you around 1675 before tax. Warrantied for 15 years.

acarter25
02-18-2012, 10:53 AM
What is the guarantee/how long do these last because as some have stated in this thread foam breakdown occurs quickly with the cheap topper crap.

Latex foam is very durable and will last a long time. I know that on ours we put a 15 year warranty. First 5 years 100% money back or repair, after that we will repair it for free or it is pro-rated otherwise.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-18-2012, 10:55 AM

the iComforts are warrantied for 25 YEARS. And the first 15 of that is full. Only allows a 3/4" depression, as opposed to spring mattresses which allow 1.5"

Bump
02-18-2012, 10:56 AM
I bought a memory foam bath mat at costco for about $15. It turned into a dog bed, she loves it.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-18-2012, 10:56 AM
we did not like the feel of the latex mattresses we tried. for one thing, the motion transfer is much higher than memory foam.

can't speak for Tempur or the other brands, but I'm a warm sleeper and the iComfort and it's design don't cause me any issues.

acarter25
02-18-2012, 11:01 AM

Also, they are 10' mattresses with 6" of latex. Unlike many companies who throw 2-3 inches in there.

MagicHef
02-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Also, they are 10' mattresses with 6" of latex. Unlike many companies who throw 2-3 inches in there.

What are the other 4"? Mine is all latex.

acarter25
02-18-2012, 11:05 AM
What are the other 4"? Mine is all latex.

its a different foam to provide support. What kind of latex foam is it?

MagicHef
02-18-2012, 11:11 AM
its a different foam to provide support. What kind of latex foam is it?

Goodness, I don't remember, it was 2 years ago. Is talalay a kind of latex foam? I remember that it's 2" of firm, 6" of medium, and 2" of soft on top.

smittysbar
02-18-2012, 11:23 AM
We hated our sleep number bed, and sold it the other day.

acarter25
02-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Goodness, I don't remember, it was 2 years ago. Is talalay a kind of latex foam? I remember that it's 2" of firm, 6" of medium, and 2" of soft on top.

Yes sir, Talalay is the kind we use. Basically the same layout as ours but instead of using three different firmnesses we use two.

MagicHef
02-18-2012, 11:32 AM
What is the different foam you use?

acarter25
02-18-2012, 11:35 AM
What is the different foam you use?

We use a different style of foam than latex. It is a high quality Higher density foam that provides the support.

Hydrae
02-18-2012, 11:45 AM
We have a Sealy knock off of a sleep number bed. Have loved it for the last couple of years. The best part? Got it on a close-out for $400 for a queen size!