PDA

View Full Version : A new offseason proposal by Nightfyre

Nightfyre
02-17-2012, 11:01 PM
1) Re-signings:

Carr (Franchise Tag)
If Carr is truly asking for 15 mil/year, its time to move on. Carr is overrated on this board for his coverage skills. Brandon Flowers makes up for the difference in coverage skills by being probably the best CB in the league in the run game.

Bowe (5 years/45 mil/15 mil in year one)
Bowe is signed to a long-term contract in order to facilitate the franchising of Carr.

Gilberry (3 years/15 mil/6 mil in year one)
Gilberry plays an important role in our pass-rushing scenarios and needs to be maintained.

Belcher (1 year/tender)
Belcher is a RFA. I don't know what his tender amount will be.

Gordon (3 years/15 mil/6 mil in year one)
Gordon is a good player because he provides depth both at DE and NT. This could be used to provide Powe more time to develop.

Battle (1 year/league minimum)
McClain (1 year/league minimum)
Studebaker (1 year/league minimum)

2) Free Agency:

Soliai (5 years/40 mil/12.5 mil in year one)
Soliai can free up our elite LB corps to do their job. Further, if he gets any sort of push up the middle, our pass rush starts converting a lot of hurries/pressures into sacks.

Nicks (6 years/54 mil/15 mil in year one)
Nicks on the left side allows us the versatility of running both a ZBS as well as a power blocking scheme off the left side when needed. All of a sudden those third and shorts aren't so daunting.

Branch (5 years/25 mil/7.5 mil in year one)
Branch can move Berry over to free safety, which turns Lewis into depth. I prefer Branch over Landry because Landry did not take a surgery as advised by his doctors and therefore is likely to be prone to re-injuring his achilles.

3) Draft

KC trades Carr to the Panthers for their first and third picks. KC then packages their two firsts and next years first to trade up with Indianapolis for the first overall pick.

1) Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2) Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
3a) Bobbie Massie, OT, Ole Miss
3b) DeQuan Menzie, CB, Alabama
4) Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
5) Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State
6) George Bryan, TE, NC State
7) Elvis Akpla, WR, Montana State

QB: Luck, Stanzi, Osweiler
HB: Charles, Ballard, Battle
FB: McClain
TE: Fleener, Moeaki, Bryan, O'Connell
WR: Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Akpla, Horne
LT: Albert, Mims
LG: Nicks, Lilja
C: Hudson, Koppen
RG: Asamoah, Lilja
RT: Massie, Mims
DE: Dorsey, Jackson, Gilberry, Bailey, Gordon
NT: Soliai, Gordon, Powe
OLB: Hali, Houston, Studebaker, Sheffield
ILB: Johnson, Belcher, Greenwood, ????
CB: Flowers, Menzie, Arenas, Brown
FS: Berry, Lewis, Langford
SS: Branch, Berry
K: Succop
P: Colquitt

jd1020
02-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Not only will this not happen, but, unless my math is way off, you are over budget.

Nightfyre
02-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I think I'm fairly close on budget. I didn't really add it up. But it is certainly possible to backload a contract or two for further room. Yes, I realize this is unlikely to occur, but so is everyone's mock. I don't even know why you patronize this forum if all you will do is bash other people's ideas and formulate none of your own.

jd1020
02-17-2012, 11:18 PM
I think I'm fairly close on budget. I didn't really add it up. But it is certainly possible to backload a contract or two for further room. Yes, I realize this is unlikely to occur, but so is everyone's mock. I don't even know why you patronize this forum if all you will do is bash other people's ideas and formulate none of your own.

You are right on budget... If you don't include the people you didn't put a number on and the draft picks.

Nightfyre
02-17-2012, 11:18 PM
You are right on budget... If you don't include the people you didn't put a number on and the draft picks.

But, I cut Cassel. It's pretty close.

jd1020
02-17-2012, 11:20 PM
But, I cut Cassel. It's pretty close.

Cassel is going to make 5.25M.

Luck will make that in his rookie contract.

Nightfyre
02-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Cassel is going to make 5.25M.

Luck will make that in his rookie contract.

eh, frontload 25% of the contracts instead of 30%. That should create sufficient room.

jd1020
02-17-2012, 11:25 PM
eh, frontload 25% of the contracts instead of 30%. That should create sufficient room.

You are only thinking about this year. You've spent all of the extra money the Chiefs brought over and will be over budget for 2013, even with those slightly frontloaded contracts.

It's easier to just say "frontload the contracts." Isn't it?

Nightfyre
02-17-2012, 11:42 PM
With 25% of the contracts frontloaded, total of 48.5MM in year 1, 40MM in year 2. It could be manageable.

DA_T_84
02-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Carr is overrated on this board for his coverage skills.

Yet the Panthers give up a 1st and 3rd for him? In what world?

DA_T_84
02-18-2012, 12:01 AM
And... no way in fuck Indy passes on Luck now, after all the Manning drama.

This might make more sense if we were to trade into #3 for RG3. And even then... I don't know about 3 firsts for RG3.

SNR
02-18-2012, 01:43 AM
You must have a stacked Madden team.

Danman
02-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Why are you drafting two QBs? and in a bad QB draft.

The Poz
02-18-2012, 10:21 AM
You'd need to bring in a vet QB. Can't have 2 rookies and a second year guy who's never played a snap.
Instead of Osweiler draft another OT and sign one of either Orton, Campbell, Carr or Stanton.

milkman
02-18-2012, 10:37 AM
I stopped reading as soon as the pipe dream trade for the #1 overall pick was mentioned.

Do you think the Colts are fucking stupid?

JFC, move the fuck on.

It ain't happing.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Drafting 2 QB's...?

KC_Lee
02-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Drafting 2 QB's...?

And our depth chart would be rookie QB, 1 year QB, rookie QB? :spock:

lewdog
02-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Drafting 2 QB's...?

SO much......

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

whoman69
02-18-2012, 04:26 PM
http://arcade.svatopluk.com/video_system/pipe_dream/pipe_dream_02.png

rockymtnchief
02-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Take some Akpla rep.

He fits the "right 53". He stays in Bozeman through the summer and all his breaks to study to become a doctor.

I've met him more than once. He's very down to earth and loves talking with fans after games.

Akpla, a senior from Portland, Ore., is finishing up his studies this week. He is majoring in cell biology and neuroscience with a minor in French. He has a couple research papers to write and tests in classes like Genes and Cancer.

Sadly, him and Trumaine Johnson, U of M, didn't get invited to the combine even though they both broke school records this year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ox-Xh8hHCW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lewdog
02-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Sadly, him and Trumaine Johnson, U of M, didn't get invited to the combine even though they both broke school records this year.

Please don't lump our All-American CB in with some garbage from MSU, he is invited and will be going somewhat high in the draft (2nd-4th round).

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2012/2/17/FB_0217122746.aspx

T-post Tom
02-21-2012, 02:46 AM
http://www.thetop22.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/marshallapplewhite.jpg

rockymtnchief
02-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Please don't lump our All-American CB in with some garbage from MSU, he is invited and will be going somewhat high in the draft (2nd-4th round).

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2012/2/17/FB_0217122746.aspx

My bad. I knew Trumaine was invited. I meant Sambrano. I thought with his return skills and nose for the endzone, he might have an outside shot at an invite. (I shouldn't post with the flu)

Anyway, I'd hardly call Akpla garbage. Go Cats!

MahiMike
02-21-2012, 06:59 PM
ok