PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Greatest SNL Cast Member Round 1 Heat 4

whoman69
02-18-2012, 11:53 AM
This poll will decide eventually who is the greatest SNL cast member. To qualify the player must have either been a not ready for primetime player, featured player more than three seasons or on the evening news. There were 95 members that fit this criteria. The poll may take awhile to get up as it will be quite long for the first round. Choose 10.

This round will bring us down to the top 55.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm going to stir the pot on this one a little bit. Tracy Morgan will probably get a pass on this round because of his work on 30 Rock. On a weekly basis on SNL he was almost invisible. If I would have to guess, I recall he was only in about one out of three episodes shown. He was just too over the top to be part of the ensemble which is now more dominated by the guest star than the players.

Joe Piscopo is probably the most under-rated here. It was him and Eddie Murphey who were the biggest stars of the show by far. He hasn't had much of a career beyond SNL but was great while on the show.

Ebolapox
02-18-2012, 01:46 PM
chris parnell is criminally underrated

whoman69
02-18-2012, 02:38 PM

I always thought he was more of straight man.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Collin Quinn was the worst weekend update guy ever. I don't think he's a very good reader and has a thick accent. Loved him on Remote Control.

Pioli Zombie
02-18-2012, 03:17 PM
How could 9 people not even have Eddie Murphy in their top 10??? Douchebags.

Rain Man
02-18-2012, 03:18 PM
My rankings (in order):

1. Eddie Murphy. Duh.
2. Mike Myers. Almost missed him on the list. Wayne was a winner.
3. Amy Poehler. Great SNL person. One of my favorites.
4. Bill Murray. However, I don't really think he was great on SNL and really got going afterwards.
5. Kevin Nealon. Frankenstein, Tonto, and Tarzan singing Christmas carols is one of the best SNL skits ever.
6. Larraine Newman. One of the best of the original group. Doesn't get the credit she deserves.
7. Joe Piscopo. Great at impressions and stuff.
8. Tracy Morgan. Funny guy.
9. Gilda Radner. Funny, but overrated.
10. Chris Parnell. I like him. I'll give him #10 over Bobby Moynihan.

I considered voting for Nasim Pedrad on the off chance that she would see this and spontaneously offer a threesome with me and my wife, but figured the odds of that are low.

Rain Man
02-18-2012, 03:23 PM
You rank Bobby Moynihan as the #11 greatest SNL cast member of all time????????

Among cast members whose last names start with the letters Mo through Ri, you betcha.

Pioli Zombie
02-18-2012, 03:34 PM
The hardest I ever laughed at anything related to SNL was during the retrospective show when Garrett Morris described the origins of his skit "im gonna git me a shotgun and kill all the whiteys I see". He said that years before while living in the South he was watching an episode of the old game show Truth or Consequences" and this nice, sweet, white lady was chosen to play a song. After her interview with the host where she was so sweet and softspoken she sat at the piano, played her opening, and launched into "im gonna git me a shotgun and kill all the niggers I see...." at which point the picture went blank and there was dead air as the station had pulled the plug, just picturing that had me in tears laughing for hours

Bump
02-18-2012, 04:30 PM
How could 9 people not even have Eddie Murphy in their top 10??? Douchebags.

damn I skipped over him, I woulda voted for him for sure. HOT TUB!

Mi_chief_fan
02-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Did I miss Maya Rudolph on these polls?

Omaha
02-18-2012, 04:56 PM

This.

Easy 6
02-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Much as i love Murray, its gotta be Murphy.

He created WAY more buzz around the show than Bill ever did.

Omaha
02-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Nasim Pedrad is hot.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Did I miss Maya Rudolph on these polls?

She's in heat 5, upcoming tomorrow

kysirsoze
02-18-2012, 05:13 PM
I always thought he was more of straight man.

Good straight men are criminally underrated.

kysirsoze
02-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Good straight men are criminally underrated.

NTTAWWT

whoman69
02-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Much as i love Murray, its gotta be Murphy.

He created WAY more buzz around the show than Bill ever did.

More talented cast around him. Murphy was on with Piscapo and a lot of people that were replaced within a couple of seasons.

Easy 6
02-18-2012, 05:20 PM
More talented cast around him. Murphy was on with Piscapo and a lot of people that were replaced within a couple of seasons.

Eh, i think its possible to argue the other way, a lot of people think the original cast can never be touched.

Eddie didnt need a strong cast to be funny, neither did Murray for that matter, but Eddie just had sooo many memorable characters & he only needed himself to pull them off, he also opened it up to a new audience, he brought some 'street' to the show.

But this is just a fun argument, i dont care to 'win'... they were both *tracy morgan voice* HILARRYUS!

whoman69
02-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Eh, i think its possible to argue the other way, a lot of people think the original cast can never be touched.

Eddie didnt need a strong cast to be funny, neither did Murray for that matter, but Eddie just had sooo many memorable characters & he only needed himself to pull them off, he also opened it up to a new audience, he brought some 'street' to the show.

But this is just a fun argument, i dont care to 'win'... they were both *tracy morgan voice* HILARRYUS!

I can't argue with that. They didn't really utilize Garrett Morris. Though I will give him some cred. Chico Esquela was hilarious. One time there was a report that Chico got his girl knocked up. Must have been the same time Darrell Dawkins was busting up backboards. He was arguing that they should make backboards out of some other material than glass, metal or plastic, "but not rubber, because da rubber break."

whoman69
02-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I'll count up the votes in the am.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Heavy favorites in this round are:
Murphy
Murray
Myers

Also looking to be in are:
Radner
Nealon
Poehler
Morgan
Piscopo

Keep the votes coming. Votes will still determine seeding for the next round and those that get into the winback round.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 10:29 PM
bump for the nite crew

listopencil
02-18-2012, 10:47 PM
So will we eventually get to the best SNL skit? I am also looking forward to best pet, best breed of that pet, best thing your lover cried out to you during sex and most aromatic fruit.

Rain Man
02-18-2012, 11:21 PM
So will we eventually get to the best SNL skit? I am also looking forward to best pet, best breed of that pet, best thing your lover cried out to you during sex and most aromatic fruit.

(Furiously scribbling notes.)

whoman69
02-19-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm calling this one. Moving on to round two:

Eddie Murphy
Bill Murray
Mike Myers
Gilda Radner
Kevin Nealon
Amy Poehler
Tracy Morgan
Joe Picopo
Cheri Oteri
Chris Parnell

Omaha
02-19-2012, 09:48 AM
But... but... Nasim Pedrad is hot.

whoman69
02-19-2012, 10:00 AM
But... but... Nasim Pedrad is hot.

She might win SNL Cast members to fap to contest, but that doesn't make her funny.