PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: trade down partners.

Direckshun
02-19-2012, 09:42 PM
I think a great candidate to trade up to the Chiefs spot at either 11 or 12 are the Detroit Lions.

The Lions have a pretty solid roster across the board but they have absolutely zero talent at left tackle, and they can't keep Matthew Stafford healthy as a result.

Seriously, how ****ed are you when your 6'4," 250 lbs quarterback can't stay healthy? Guy's built like the Chrysler building.

As I said in a previous thread, there is virtually nothing on the open market this year. There are no developmental tackles, either. And the Lions don't want a developmental guy anyway. They want Stafford to stay upright.

That means everybody is going to overpay the available free agents, of which there are no slam-dunk left tackles, or even developmental left tackles. And that means tackles are going to get overdrafted in the draft this year.

Tackles will be reached for everywhere in this draft.

Except, however, the top 15 picks. You have four premium tackles that could man the left side. Kalil is elite, Reiff and Mike Adams could probably be decent at left tackle, and Jon Martin from Stanford is a natural LT.

Between those four, at least one will make it to the Chiefs' pick. Now, assuming the Chiefs pick at #12, the pick immediately after us is the Arizona Cardinals. Who could really use a left tackle.

Unlike the Cardinals, the Lions probably think they can try and take the NFC next year with great protection for Strafford's blind side. And they will only find that with a first round pick.

At 23, they will not have the tackle they can use. But at 12... now we're talking.

And before you ask... yes. The Lions do trade up. They traded up in 2010 into the first round for Jahvid Best. So there is precedent. The Lions like to move around on draft day.

Now, that of course means the Chiefs could drop to 23. A drop of 11 picks.

That's a value drop of 440 points, or a mid-second rounder. The Lions don't have a mid-second rounder, and they're not going to pair the second-rounder they do have with their third rounder (that's their first three picks for one player!), but it's possible they could be offering their 2nd this year, and a 2013 2nd.

Or, even better, their 1st rounder in 2013.

Something to think about. The Chiefs do have potential partners.

jd1020
02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Not sure why they would trade up when a pretty good tackle should still be on the board when they pick named Mike Adams.

Direckshun
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Not sure why they would trade up when a pretty good tackle should still be on the board when they pick named Mike Adams.

If Mike's the only guy left on the board at 12, Mike's not gonna make it to 23.

I think he gets picked in the Top 15, myself.

Urc Burry
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
The bengals if they want Trent Richardson?

jd1020
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
If Mike's the only guy left on the board at 12, Mike's not gonna make it to 23.

I think he gets picked in the Top 15, myself.

Who is going to pick him? Do tell.

Okie_Apparition
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
After Pioli hit them with tampering just last draft

Direckshun
02-19-2012, 09:48 PM
The bengals if they want Trent Richardson?

The Bengals do not trade up.

Or, down, really. The Bengals always stay put.

Direckshun
02-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Who is going to pick him? Do tell.

We could, for one.

jd1020
02-19-2012, 09:50 PM
We could, for one.

That's all you've got?

The only team between us and Detroit that I could possibly see taking Adams are the Rams and that's IF the Browns trade both of their firsts to move up for RG3.

MIAdragon
02-19-2012, 09:50 PM

Ive seen a few mocks that have him going higher than 23.

MIAdragon
02-19-2012, 09:51 PM
That's all you've got?

The only team between us and Detroit that I could possibly see taking Adams are the Rams and that's IF the Browns trade both of their firsts to move up for RG3.

IIRC it was the Bears and another team.

Direckshun
02-19-2012, 09:51 PM
That's all you've got?

In the OP, I mentioned the Cards.

Bewbies
02-19-2012, 10:03 PM
If we trade down I want a #1 next year. QB ammo if we are to pussy to move up this year.

O.city
02-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Watch Pioli go crazy and give up a ton to get RGIII.

Would throw this place into an uproar.

Urc Burry
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM

That is the one thing i've thought of. If we sign Routt and Bowe, tag Carr and trade him and probably 2 firsts picks up to the rams who can still grab Michael Floyd or the best Tackle available at 11.

Pipe dream, but it makes sense :hmmm:

SNR
02-19-2012, 10:09 PM
That's all you've got?

The only team between us and Detroit that I could possibly see taking Adams are the Rams and that's IF the Browns trade both of their firsts to move up for RG3.I think that potential deal looks less and less likely. The Browns are at 4, and can probably be pretty confident that the Rams nor the Vikings will take RGIII. What they have to worry about are the teams that will attempt to leapfrog them, in which case they could totally win the bidding war. But I'm not sure if they want to even start it up, knowing that RGIII is sitting right there for them if the Rams are content with staying at 2.

KC Hawks
02-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Pretty sure the Lions GM hates Pioli.

Bump
02-19-2012, 10:19 PM

It would be like when people riot LA after they win a championship, that awesome!

go bowe
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
pretty sure chiefs fans hate pioli...

BossChief
02-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Ive mentioned it a couple times, but I think the most realistic trade down partner is Pittsburgh moving up for Trent Richardson.

Mendenhall is reportedly gonna miss the year and may never be the same and the team wants to run the ball more.

It wouldn't be the first time they traded up with us, either. Troy Polomalu.

BCD
02-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Stafford isn't that big. More like 6'2 235

O.city
02-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Ive mentioned it a couple times, but I think the most realistic trade down partner is Pittsburgh moving up for Trent Richardson.

Mendenhall is reportedly gonna miss the year and may never be the same and the team wants to run the ball more.

It wouldn't be the first time they traded up with us, either. Troy Polomalu.

If Mendenhall may never be the same, coudln't you say the same for Charles?

Seems that we may be in a similar position as the Steelers when it comes to rb.

jd1020
02-20-2012, 09:31 AM
If Mendenhall may never be the same, coudln't you say the same for Charles?

Seems that we may be in a similar position as the Steelers when it comes to rb.

Mendenhall's situation is different in that it occurred late in the season. He's not expected to rehab in time to play next year. Charles is tweeting that he's ready to go now.

Okie_Apparition
02-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Isn't Pennsylvania like the #1 producer of candy in wrappers in the USA

qabbaan
02-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Isn't Pennsylvania like the #1 producer of candy in wrappers in the USA

Haha! Yes! No players from anywhere near Hershey!

tredadda
02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
If we trade down I want a #1 next year. QB ammo if we are to pussy to move up this year.

^ This. I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. It is good to see others are on board with this logic, especially considering there is no one we HAVE to get this year at #11 besides QB, which we don't have enough ammo to trade up for this year. We can fill the majority of our holes in FA or in rounds 2-7.

tredadda
02-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I think that potential deal looks less and less likely. The Browns are at 4, and can probably be pretty confident that the Rams nor the Vikings will take RGIII. What they have to worry about are the teams that will attempt to leapfrog them, in which case they could totally win the bidding war. But I'm not sure if they want to even start it up, knowing that RGIII is sitting right there for them if the Rams are content with staying at 2.

True, but there are teams that will try to leapfrog Cleveland. If they did not think teams would then they could sit at #4 and get RGIII. They might have to give up both #1s in order to ensure that they get RGIII and not someone else.

Frankie
02-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Just upping this to read later.

Carry on.