PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft (plus some free agency) (2/20)

Direckshun
02-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Direckshun becomes GM for a day.

WR Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs

The Chiefs retain their most reliable weapon.

CB Brandon Carr, Chiefs

The Chiefs drop a big contract on their "1b" cover corner that frees up Crennel's defense to do everything it does.

C Chris Myers, Texans

The Chiefs drop another huge contract, this one being a ridiculously front-loaded contract on Myers, the best center on the market for my money and far and away the best zone blocking center.

NT Paul Soliai, Dolphins

Chiefs drop another front-loaded contract on a big free agent. Soliai is not an elite player but he's perfect for the Chiefs defense, and allows them to lock up the position for five years, instead of one.

QB Chad Henne, Dolphins

Henne follows Daboll and gets a two-year gig playing the backup position to see if Zorn can ignite some magic in him, should Cassel go down in 2012.

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Patriots

Perfect system is in place for Green-Ellis. He can carry about 60% of the carries, and of course, never fumbles.

WR Steve Smith, Eagles

One-year prove-it deal. Gives us four receivers (five with McCluster).

OG/C Kory Lichtensteiger, Redskins

Depth signing, for a Shanahan zone blocker.

SS Tom Zbikowski, Ravens

Depth signing.

As far as the draft is concerned, I am assuming the draft falls exactly as the latest (http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php) on Walt's site. So, no picking players that were taken before.

1 (trade down with Pittsburgh). ILB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama

I am going with BossChief's prediction that the Steelers trade up for Richardson. They give the Chiefs their 2nd this year and their 2nd in 2013.

Chiefs really wanted Mike Adams to keep falling. But he didn't. So they pit Belcher against Hightower in training camp.

2. OT Zebrie Sanders, Florida State

Kind of a "meh" pick, but the value at tackle this year is supremely high. If you can get meh value on a tackle pick, do it sooner than later.

2. DE Jared Crick, Nebraska

Chiefs continue to build in the trenches. Dorsey has one more year, and Bailey is the heir apparent. Crick allows them a really good four-man rotation in 2012, with three of them experienced heading into 2013.

3. TE Ladarius Green, Louisiana-Lafayette

My pet pick, for the time being. Green is so rangey and has that great size that the Patriot Way tends to appreciate. Great hands, but will need work as a blocker. A reliable counterpart to the unreliably good Tony Moeaki.

4. OLB Dante Paige-Moss, North Carolina

This team MUST continue to build depth across the front seven. This is a low-risk, high-reward pick to hopefully land some talent behind Houston/Hali. This will also let us be free of Andy Studebaker.

5. FS Aaron Henry, Wisconsin

Free safety depth is needed.

6. NT Hebron Fangupo, BYU

Continuing to build depth. Powe may very well be a solid backup behind Soliai but if he just isn't coming along, Fangupo is insurance.

7. RB Brandon Bolden, Ole Miss

Big-ass runner out of Ole Miss. Green-Ellis is solid but he's due for an injury sooner or later. This is insurance.

Direckshun
02-20-2012, 01:28 AM
QB: Cassel, Henne, Stanzi
RB: Charles, Green-Ellis, McCluster, Bolden
FB: Bannon

WR: Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Smith, McCluster, Copper
TE: Moeaki, Green, Maneri

LT: Albert, Sanders
LG: Hudson, Harris
C: Myers, Harris
RG: Asamoah, Lichtensteiger
RT: Sanders, Mims

DE: Dorsey, Bailey
NT: Soliai, Powe, Fangupo
DE: Jackson, Crick

OLB: Hali, Sheffield
ILB: Hightower, Belcher
ILB: Johnson, Williams
OLB: Houston, Paige-Moss

CB: Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Daniels, Brown
S: Berry, Lewis, Henry, Zbikowski

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR/PR: Arenas, McCluster

SNR
02-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Why wouldn't Hudson be our backup center? I know Harris was working out at the position last offseason, but so was Hudson.

SNR
02-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Other than that, I love all the free agent signings. I have no idea how the money for so many guys will affect this team for a few years, so we'll see if acquiring this many guys is really worth it. There are quite a few big contracts on that list, even if we're zillions under the cap.

Our defense with those acquisitions would be poised to be a top 5 NFL defense.

There, I said it. Top 5 defense. I said it again.

DJ's left nut
02-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Pft.

Mine's better...

Mr_Tomahawk
02-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Chad Henne?

NO.

Sfeihc
02-20-2012, 08:31 AM
I'd drink that Kool-Aid, D.

suds79
02-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Chad Henne?

NO.

What FA QB out there does sound exciting? (Outside of Manning of which everybody will be trying for) It's just not going to happen. If they were really good, they wouldn't be let go.

Sure I'll take Henne. (assuming we can't get Manning) Stronger arm, younger, has shown promise at times. Why not. I'll take just about anyone over Cassel right now.

Viper400
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Fangupo is moving up the boards. He could go as high as the 3rd. Henry will go 3rd also.

Like the FA signings. Really don't see Hunt allowing that much dough to be spent, though.

Viper400
02-20-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm a n00b here obviously. Since I can't start a thread, I guess I will ask this here. Is there a waiting period for setting an avatar pic or a sig? Or for starting new topics? Do you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can do that?

durtyrute
02-20-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm a n00b here obviously. Since I can't start a thread, I guess I will ask this here. Is there a waiting period for setting an avatar pic or a sig? Or for starting new topics? Do you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can do that?

I think it's based on post count.

jd1020
02-20-2012, 10:20 AM
I think it's based on post count.

Just start going around into each thread and quote someone and say "This."

Detoxing
02-20-2012, 10:39 AM
No way this team is resigning Carr and Bowe and then getting Meyers and Soliai.

And the "Law Firm" can kiss my ass. That'd be a turrubile pick up. I'd rather have a URFA.

Viper400
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM

This^

SNR
02-20-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm a n00b here obviously. Since I can't start a thread, I guess I will ask this here. Is there a waiting period for setting an avatar pic or a sig? Or for starting new topics? Do you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can do that?You have to get that privilege activated by the mods. PM Bob Dole. He's usually the one in charge of that stuff.

bsp4444
02-20-2012, 11:16 AM

This.

whoman69
02-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I have to say I like it, but any system that comes up with Matt Cassel still starting under center, I have to call fail.

Danman
02-20-2012, 03:48 PM
I really like the George and Henry picks

Viper400
02-22-2012, 08:23 AM
You have to get that privilege activated by the mods. PM Bob Dole. He's usually the one in charge of that stuff.

Can't PM either. No permission to access page.:harumph:

Sofa King
02-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Can't PM either. No permission to access page.:harumph:

Can you post on his wall? If so, post a message on there. You may have to do a couple because i think this is his busy season and he gets side tracked alot. His sheep are lambing.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=25

Tribal Warfare
02-22-2012, 04:19 PM

yes, due to spammers

milkman
02-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm pretty sure I've hated every single draft scenario posted by Dirceckshon this year.

Jovan Belcher is this year's Brandon Carr.

The kid just keeps getting better, but everybody has a hard on for finding his replacement.

I absolutely hate the idea of signing Chad Henne.
I'd rather sign Jimmy Clausen, and I think Jimmy Clausen is garbage.

I also would rather sign just about any RB other than BJGE.

There's more, but that's a start.

Direckshun
02-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Post your own, Father Time.

Get off the bench. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

whoman69
02-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Post your own, Father Time.

Get off the bench. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

He's not old. He's youth challenged.