PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Greatest SNL Cast Member Round 1 Winback

whoman69
02-20-2012, 11:06 AM
This is the final cut for moving onto the next round. These were the highest vote getters not to get in. Choose 5

Dartgod
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
NB4 poll

Rain Man
02-20-2012, 11:21 AM
In order:

Hooks (in part for her wonderful work on Third Rock From The Sun)
Newman
Morris
Sanz
Cusack (cuteness reward)

loochy
02-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Jan Hooks is really the only one on this list I felt was worthy of a vote.

rico
02-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Ugh, Horatio Sanz was awful.

Rain Man
02-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Who the heck is Jim Breuer? I looked up his picture and still don't recognize him.

vailpass
02-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Morris & Newman I guess. Did I miss Father Guido Sarducci? Do Franken & Davis get a run, or Mister Bill?

Mi_chief_fan
02-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Who the heck is Jim Breuer? I looked up his picture and still don't recognize him.

Not real funny, I think his thing was the talking goat sketch.

Mi_chief_fan
02-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Oh, and he was in Half Baked with Dave Chappelle.

whoman69
02-20-2012, 01:11 PM

He was in a movie called Half Baked. Cult classic.

He didn't get too much camera time. I think he was best known for walking on the stage acting like a raptor and his Joe Peschi impersonation with Collin Quinn as DeNiro. In one episode Peschi and DeNiro made a surprise appeance on the show and "beat the snikeys out of them."

Phobia
02-20-2012, 01:15 PM

Goatboy was awesome. He's a funny guy. Probably didn't reach his full potential on SNL though.

whoman69
02-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Morris & Newman I guess. Did I miss Father Guido Sarducci? Do Franken & Davis get a run, or Mister Bill?

If I had put the name Don Novello on the list, nobody would have even known who he was. Davis and Novello were both never prime time players. Novello really only had the one character and Davis was an extra or on camera only for his skits with Franken.

whoman69
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Goatboy was awesome. He's a funny guy. Probably didn't reach his full potential on SNL though.

I think everyone looked at his face and assumed he was on drugs.

Phobia
02-20-2012, 02:20 PM
I think everyone looked at his face and assumed he was on drugs.

I'm almost certain he was. Most of his bits had a heavy drug bent.

Rain Man
02-20-2012, 02:25 PM

Ohhh, Goatboy. He should've just been listed in the poll as Goatboy so we'd recognize him.

Rain Man
02-20-2012, 02:31 PM
If I had put the name Don Novello on the list, nobody would have even known who he was. Davis and Novello were both never prime time players. Novello really only had the one character and Davis was an extra or on camera only for his skits with Franken.

I had a book by Don Novello once that documented his letters to famous people. It was hilarious. He was early in the field of sending serious-sounding fake letters to famous people. He'd write to people like Brezhnev and ask for autographed photos, and he'd write to big companies with bizarre complaints or comments about their products. The book contained his letters and then the letters that he received back.

It's been 30 years since I read it, but I vaguely recall a couple of funny ones. He wrote to Mr. Bubble or whatever that bubble bath was complaining about their instructions. (The box said something like, "keep away from water", which bothered Novello since it was bubble bath.) He also wrote one to Hershey's, which at the time had a knockoff M&M called Hershey-ets. He was complaining about their product and kept calling them M&Ms, and the letter back was kind of funny because every time they used the term "Hershey-ets", they capitalized every letter to emphasize it.

Pretty funny stuff to a 13 year-old kid in the Ozarks.

Rain Man
02-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Some dude typed in a bunch of the Novello letters (which he signed as "Lazlo Toth"). Here they are if you're interested in some light reading: http://www.sullivansfarms.net/s1dneycom/lazlo/#gseal. They're obviously somewhat dated now, but still funny.

vailpass
02-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Good call, I wouldn't have recognized the name Novello. I wasn't being serious about those guys as much as recalling some characters I liked.

whoman69
02-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Looks like we're getting a clear indication of who will move on, but not solid yet. There could still be someone sneaking in at the end.

Easy 6
02-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Breuer was awesome as Pesci, thats gotta be his best skit.

*talking to Spade playing Brad Pitt* aw no no no, i get it, yer handsome and skinny and i'm the crazy little guinea!

Dragonocho
02-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Breuer was awesome as Pesci, thats gotta be his best skit.

*talking to Spade playing Brad Pitt* aw no no no, i get it, yer handsome and skinny and i'm the crazy little guinea!

Breuer as goat boy.

Psyko Tek
02-20-2012, 07:17 PM
I remember in 1970 whatever
when Dr Sanguinary's creature double feature went off the air
to be replaced by this

it took my 5 years to figure out what chevy chase meant when he said Blow is just and expression honey

Zebedee DuBois
02-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Jan Hooks was awesomely funny

whoman69
02-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Passing on were:

Jim Breuer
Garrett Morris
Colin Quinn
Horatio Sanz
Laraine Newman

Round 2 will start later this morning.

Deberg_1990
02-21-2012, 07:31 AM

This. His biggest claim to fame on SNL was probably his Joe Pesci Impersonation.

Its the Joe Pesci show!!

Deberg_1990
02-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Jan Hooks was awesomely funny

Loved her Sally Jesse Raphael