PDA

View Full Version : News Police taser fleeing woman

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 01:15 AM
So, I was just watching this and saw nothing here on the Planet. Woman runs from cops, cops taser her and she hits her head on the asphalt when she lands. Now this Media member is calling Police Brutality because the girl is in a coma.

Up for CP's viewing and thoughts before I add mine.

Video of tasing;

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPP0LYHZAzI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPP0LYHZAzI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Video of program I was watching. And getting pissed off at....

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLeURfK7fCU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLeURfK7fCU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

another video

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPP0LYHZAzI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPP0LYHZAzI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

BCD
02-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Ugh. Content not available on mobile.

KCrockaholic
02-21-2012, 01:24 AM
I wanted to see an actual video.

But based on what information is given, I don't give a fuck, she shouldn't have fled from the police.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Anyone know the particulars of the story?

btw crazy you just right click on youtube/copy embed html/paste here.

SPchief
02-21-2012, 01:28 AM
This should be fun

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 01:29 AM
This is funny, and really wish I got it on cam to post on youtube..

We just moved into our new apartment in october & not but a month here, the guy (22sh) living with his mom was pounding on doors yelling for his mother and acting kind of irate. I was just flipping my phone to call the cops as this was right on our shared porch, when a CHIPS cop came up got off his bike and confronted the dude telling him to get down on his knees. Here, I thought it was a new episode of Cops in 3D. Anyways the cop was aiming his weapon at him as he started to charge the cop and yelling shoot me shoot me. POP ~ tazed his ass right there and flop flat on his face. One of the funniest things I have ever saw. Bad Boys Bad Boys LMAO

The guy must have been brain dead to tell the cop to shoot him in the first place. Got what he had comming & now in Larned st hospital.

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 01:30 AM
I wanted to see an actual video.

But based on what information is given, I don't give a fuck, she shouldn't have fled from the police.

It was on the news program, sorry. Found it, still don't know how to embed

http://youtu.be/KPP0LYHZAzI

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2012, 01:31 AM

We just moved into our new apartment in october & not but a month here, the guy (22sh) living with his mom was pounding on doors yelling for his mother and acting kind of irate. I was just flipping my phone to call the cops as this was right on our shared porch, when a CHIPS cop came up got off his bike and confronted the dude telling him to get down on his knees. Here, I thought it was a new episode of Cops in 3D. Anyways the cop was aiming his weapon at him as he started to charge the cop and yelling shoot me shoot me. POP ~ tazed his ass right there and flop flat on his face. One of the funniest things I have ever saw. Bad Boys Bad Boys LMAO

The guy must have been brain dead to tell the cop to shoot him in the first place. Got what he had comming & now in Larned st hospital.

Come at me bro!

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Come at me bro!

I know right LMAO

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Anyone know the particulars of the story?

btw crazy you just right click on youtube/copy embed html/paste here.

got it in OP, thanks. I thought there was more to it.

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 01:37 AM

Pretty funny, I just don't get it. I don't see value in testing any human with a gun (or a taser). I don't care if they are supposed to know better than use it on me, I'm not going to poke that bear.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2012, 01:37 AM
She shouldn't have ran, Cop shouldn't have eaten so many donuts. I think the cop could have easily tackled her instead of reaching for his taser.

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Pretty funny, I just don't get it. I don't see value in testing any human with a gun (or a taser). I don't care if they are supposed to know better than use it on me, I'm not going to poke that bear.

If you met the guy, you wound't need any explanations to figure out there was a screw lose in his head & or drugs are bad.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Here is a longer one.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YpyZVbYaZiY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YpyZVbYaZiY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 01:45 AM
She shouldn't have ran, Cop shouldn't have eaten so many donuts. I think the cop could have easily tackled her instead of reaching for his taser.

I see that too, as the only valid argument mom has, but the conversation is over with "your daughter ran away" first.

Second, with police brutality stories so prominent today, if he tackled her and she still hit her head (or his fat ass landed on her breaking a few ribs) he would have been sued for using excessive force and for not using his taser.

Let alone the thoughts that she could have bit his arm during the "tackle" or if she had a weapon that was hidden in prior contact or found something to use as a weapon right before she started to run.

To many variables. It has to come back as her responsibility for running in that situation.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2012, 01:47 AM
I see that too, as the only valid argument mom has, but the conversation is over with "your daughter ran away" first.

Second, with police brutality stories so prominent today, if he tackled her and she still hit her head (or his fat ass landed on her breaking a few ribs) he would have been sued for using excessive force and for not using his taser.

Let alone the thoughts that she could have bit his arm during the "tackle" or if she had a weapon that was hidden in prior contact or found something to use as a weapon right before she started to run.

To many variables. It has to come back as her responsibility for running in that situation.

I guess she was cuffed too. Someone in that youtube thread said she stole a car as well, so i don't have much sympathy for her.
found an even longer one...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y2QYNVlOw_A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y2QYNVlOw_A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 01:50 AM
If you met the guy, you wound't need any explanations to figure out there was a screw lose in his head & or drugs are bad.

A point I hope you'll consider when reviewing these types of stories from the luxury of your home. ;)

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 01:50 AM
I guess she was cuffed too. Someone in that youtube thread said she stole a car as well, so i don't have much sympathy for her. She certainly doesn't look that bad at the end of the vid.

Added

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2012, 01:55 AM
Added

Ok i've a little sympathy for her after watching all of it, the only fault i lay on the cop is being too overweight to do his job the rest is obviously on her.

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 01:56 AM
I arrested a guy (that was pretty much brain fried from all the drugs he'd done) for beating on his mom. After he was cuffed he wanted to show me where he had a bag of snacks and beer by the side of the house, and he took off to show me. I tried to grab his arm but in the same second he tripped and fell face first on the ground.

I KNEW how it looked on the way in to get him checked out, but the dude is the dumbass that walked away first off and second off tripped and busted his face open. I'm just lucky he was/is so fried he didn't try to say I did something, because I didn't have a video running to prove I didn't.

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 01:56 AM
A point I hope you'll consider when reviewing these types of stories from the luxury of your home. ;)

Well I tell you this video showed no justification for him to taze her in the back. she had two steps on him and running with handcuffs. He should have took the time to give verbal warning that he would taze her if anything and really she wasn't going get far handcuffed if he wasn't so fat on donuts.

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Ok i've a little sympathy for her after watching all of it, the only fault i lay on the cop is being too overweight to do his job the rest is obviously on her.

I'm not in horrible shape, and I can see the benefit to just using the taser in this situation too. Like I said in an earlier post, not using the taser could have been worse for the officer.

But I see what you mean too, I'm more of an "old school, hands on" type of guy so I would have tried without the taser, but in today's world it could be viewed worse to do that than to just use the tools made available to you.

Bugeater
02-21-2012, 02:00 AM
If she was running with handcuffs on she could've just as easily tripped and fell and had the same result. Bottom line it was her own decisions that led to this.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2012, 02:01 AM
I arrested a guy (that was pretty much brain fried from all the drugs he'd done) for beating on his mom. After he was cuffed he wanted to show me where he had a bag of snacks and beer by the side of the house, and he took off to show me. I tried to grab his arm but in the same second he tripped and fell face first on the ground.

I KNEW how it looked on the way in to get him checked out, but the dude is the dumbass that walked away first off and second off tripped and busted his face open. I'm just lucky he was/is so fried he didn't try to say I did something, because I didn't have a video running to prove I didn't.

We had a little thug neighbor kid that beat up his tiny 4 foot something asian mom. I was happy to see after about his 5th arrest he didn't come back. We had several things stolen from our cars/pool area so i hope Bubba is teaching him some valuable life lessons. Oh and once he disappeared for good, our valuables have been safe.

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 02:02 AM
Well I tell you this video showed no justification for him to taze her in the back. she had two steps on him and running with handcuffs. He should have took the time to give verbal warning that he would taze her if anything and really she wasn't going get far handcuffed if he wasn't so fat on donuts.

:troll:

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 02:14 AM
:troll:

How was that trolling? Because you are trying to justify it & agree that it wasn't his fault? I blame them both, her for doing the crime & running and him for not giving a verbal warning and letting her get away in the first place. The tazer part could have been avoided at that spot and time. He could of caught up with her as it's hard to run with handcuffs on, she probly would have fallen on her own, then he wouldn't have got blamed.

BCD
02-21-2012, 02:19 AM
How was that trolling? Because you are trying to justify it & agree that it wasn't his fault? I blame them both, her for doing the crime & running and him for not giving a verbal warning and letting her get away in the first place. The tazer part could have been avoided at that spot and time. He could of caught up with her as it's hard to run with handcuffs on, she probly would have fallen on her own, then he wouldn't have got blamed.

Verbal warning?

So she was brain dead before she was tazered?

Everyone knows you do not run from police.

Its unfortunate she's in this condition, but the cop did nothing wrong.

crazycoffey
02-21-2012, 02:58 AM

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, of course. Just seemed like you were doing the CP thing of pushing buttons to push buttons here a little bit. As you have in other threads on these type of topics (in my opinion that is)

And again, If he tried to catch her and fell on her, or she fell while running with handcuffs then he'd be in trouble too.

alnorth
02-21-2012, 06:44 AM

She could have hit her head while getting tackled. I don't understand why the taser is relevant.

I'd also be willing to bet that if she became brain-dead after a tackle, people would be saying "well, why didn't that stupid oaf just taser her, he didn't have to act like it was an MMA cage-match"

alnorth
02-21-2012, 06:49 AM

Oh, your serious? Cops should give a verbal warning to someone who is running away? Really?

Dartgod
02-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Oh, your serious? Cops should give a verbal warning to someone who is running away? Really?

Stop, or my mom will taze you!

jspchief
02-21-2012, 06:52 AM
I would have guessed that the police weren't supposed to use a tazer on a fleeing person. Seems perhaps a bit excessive.

But I honestly don't care. Don't run from cops and you don't have to worry about that sort of thing.

qabbaan
02-21-2012, 06:58 AM
It's unfortunate she made the long chain of poor decisions leading up to this. Don't blame the cop. She could have hit her head if he had tackled her too.

suds79
02-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Don't run from cops and you don't have to worry about that sort of thing.

Yep only bad things can happen when you do that.

As I watch the video, it is kinda pathetic that fat cop jogged after her and then said "Eh I'll just taze her instead of breaking a sweat". She wasn't exactly Usain Bolt out there.

It's sad what happened to her but let this be a lesson to others.

1 - Don't run from cops. It'll end badly

2 - Understand that cops can/and will use the taser even if unnecessarily when you don't comply. Doesn't make it right. It probably isn't. But if you don't want to get tazed? See rule #1.

LiveSteam
02-21-2012, 07:46 AM
No probs at all with this. Officer did his job. Raiderfan

Lzen
02-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Yep only bad things can happen when you do that.

As I watch the video, it is kinda pathetic that fat cop jogged after her and then said "Eh I'll just taze her instead of breaking a sweat". She wasn't exactly Usain Bolt out there.

It's sad what happened to her but let this be a lesson to others.

1 - Don't run from cops. It'll end badly

2 - Understand that cops can/and will use the taser even if unnecessarily when you don't comply. Doesn't make it right. It probably isn't. But if you don't want to get tazed? See rule #1.

I tend to think cops use tazers a little too often these days. But you're right, she shouldn't have run in the first place. Just a tragedy but I doubt the cop did anything against FHP procedure.

Amnorix
02-21-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm trying, and failing, to see what the officer did wrong.

kchero
02-21-2012, 07:55 AM
I will be the first to criticize a police officer if there is true wrong doing, but I do not see any wrong doing here. She was handcuffed and supposedly accused of stealing a car. She made the dumb decision to run and the police officer responded. He probably could have caught her, but either way she decided to evade police after she was busted for stealing a car. Rule of thumb, don’t steal stuff that doesn’t belong to you.

philfree
02-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Those cops are terrible. The way they just loaf around after the girl is injured.

Cop had her in cuffs but he let her get away where she thought she could make a break for it. He took the easy way out and tased her and now she's in a coma. Great police work!

kcpasco
02-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Maybe if fatty layed off the doughnuts he could have caught a fleeing girl without using a taser.

alnorth
02-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Those cops are terrible. The way they just loaf around after the girl is injured.

Cop had her in cuffs but he let her get away where she thought she could make a break for it. He took the easy way out and tased her and now she's in a coma. Great police work!

So much fail in just one short post.

philfree
02-21-2012, 08:09 AM
So much fail in just one short post.

Yeah that was a great post. So was it a waste or a fail?

suds79
02-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Sometimes I think that tasers are a horrible invention.

Security personnel & cops throw it out there like it's a backhanded slap. If you have a heart condition, being tased can be fatal.

Back in a day not too far ago, she would have been easily chased down and tackled. Now there's a half hearted attempt "Eh just tase" and she's brain dead.

Yes, I'm sure she's an idiot. Yes, you should never run from the cops. That's the safest way to avoid being tased. But despite all that, she's now brain dead because the cop got lazy. I mean you've got to admit that was weak attempt on his part.

LiveSteam
02-21-2012, 08:11 AM
1 less car stealing crack whore in the world aint a bad thing.

LiveSteam
02-21-2012, 08:12 AM
But despite all that, she's now braindead.

This is a trick right

kcpasco
02-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Yes I realize she is a dumbass for running from the cops. But the cop could have used a little common sense himself. Did he think she was gonna run off and murder a bunch of people?

Nzoner
02-21-2012, 08:20 AM
New police slogan

"You run...We stun"

Dayze
02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
zero sympathy.

If you've feel you've been wrongly arrested, or accused etc...shut your trap and take it up in court. You're not winning any argument with police at the time of arrest. Have you ever seen someone argue with a police office and see the LEO say "Hmmm. You know what?...you're right. You're free to go".

if you're in a situation where you're being arrested, you shut your hole and do exactly as they say when they say it. Period. Any issues or concerns you have about any potential wrong doing by the LEO....get your $$ together and get an attorney. If you've done something so wrong where you feel compelled to run, then you're an idiot for whatever made you run in the first place.

too bad she's in a coma, but oh well.

suds79
02-21-2012, 08:46 AM
zero sympathy.

If you've feel you've been wrongly arrested, or accused etc...shut your trap and take it up in court. You're not winning any argument with police at the time of arrest. Have you ever seen someone argue with a police office and see the LEO say "Hmmm. You know what?...you're right. You're free to go".

if you're in a situation where you're being arrested, you shut your hole and do exactly as they say when they say it. Period. Any issues or concerns you have about any potential wrong doing by the LEO....get your $$ together and get an attorney. If you've done something so wrong where you feel compelled to run, then you're an idiot for doing it in the first place.

too bad she's in a coma, but oh well.

These are separate arguments right?

Nobody is saying it's okay to run from the police. I think we all realize that nothing but bad things are going to happen when you do. So that's settled.

The argument is do you feel the cop put any effort at all in stopping her or simply deferred to using the taser. I think that one is fairly obvious and when you think about it. She paid the ultimate price for his lazyness. Sure she could have (and should have) avoided it. But I think that cop really blew it there.

Old Dog
02-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Not able to build much outrage here. I see the cop doing his job.

Dayze
02-21-2012, 08:49 AM
These are separate arguments right?

Nobody is saying it's okay to run from the police. I think we all realize that nothing but bad things are going to happen when you do. So that's settled.

The argument is do you feel the cop put any effort at all in stopping her or simply deferred to using the taser. I think that one is fairly obvious and when you think about it. She paid the ultimate price for his lazyness. Sure she could have (and should have) avoided it. But I think that cop really blew it there.

yeah, you're right. I just got caught up in my own thoughts about the situation.

I'm not sure what to think about yoru second paragraph. I'll have to think about that one for a bit. On one had I could see how the cop could've taken different measures. But on the other I get back to my original thought..:banghead:

Tough call.

Old Dog
02-21-2012, 08:51 AM

If he had tackled her though, it could have gone wrong as well. In hindsight maybe he should have done something different, but I don't see it as his fault at all.

Amnorix
02-21-2012, 08:55 AM

The question is whether his actions were reasonable, not if he used the least lazy method or something.

He could have chased her down and tackled her. He could have tazed her. Either was a perfectly fine option. Unfortunate result, but that's only with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
From that video it doesn't look like its her first brush with law (previous mug shots).

I couldn't give 2 shits about this girl. Maybe she didn't deserve the coma but shit happens when you disobey authority.

Now the news is all over this story like she was done some kind of injustice and her mother is crying for sympathy. Every parent thinks their child is the greatest thing to ever happen to this world. Hey mom! Watch the ****ing video. Your dumbass daughter did this to herself.

boogblaster
02-21-2012, 09:41 AM
F-abunch of cops .......

alnorth
02-21-2012, 10:03 AM

Security personnel & cops throw it out there like it's a backhanded slap. If you have a heart condition, being tased can be fatal.

Back in a day not too far ago, she would have been easily chased down and tackled. Now there's a half hearted attempt "Eh just tase" and she's brain dead.

Yes, I'm sure she's an idiot. Yes, you should never run from the cops. That's the safest way to avoid being tased. But despite all that, she's now brain dead because the cop got lazy. I mean you've got to admit that was weak attempt on his part.

2 things:

First, why do you believe a flying tackle on the gridiron is safer than the taser? Do you think people never get hurt or die from "traditional" police capture? Of course they do. They don't make the news. I am just completely at a loss for why people would, not only shrug and be OK with it, but probably cheer on and congratulate the cop for running her down and tackling her into the dirt, but use a taser and we freak?

Second, we should at least spare a moment or two for the cop's welfare. A criminal's safety and right to be free from injury should not trump a cop's, and its not hard to imagine a cop hurting himself trying to tackle someone into the dirt or concrete. One might shrug and think "hey, they get a pension, that should take care of it, the man should just suck it up and accept possible injury, just do everything humanly possible to avoid injuring a criminal" I don't agree. I don't see a taser as more dangerous to the criminal than a tackle, but I do see a tackle as more dangerous to the cop. I believe cops should go for the taser instead of a tackle every chance they get.

Rain Man
02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
I tend to agree that using the taser wasn't a bad thing. If he had chased her and tackled her she'd have been just as likely to bang her head on the concrete, and maybe he would've too. What he was doing was probably the safest route for all parties. She just bounced wrong.

WV
02-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I feel bad that a girl is brain dead because of a stupid decision and I feel bad for the cop because his actions resulted in her being brain dead, but I don't think you can blame the officer for his actions. Sure he could have been in better shape, sure he could have grabbed her by the hair or tried to tackle her injuring one or both of them in the process, but it all boils down to her stupid decision to run.
It's frustrating hearing all these ignorant people try to arm chair QB police officers who are mostly just trying to do their jobs.

Dayze
02-21-2012, 10:14 AM
maybe the Cops' last name was Piscatelli, thus the need to use the taser. Tackling is not in his family's DNA.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 10:16 AM
maybe the Cops' last name was Piscatelli, thus the need to use the taser. Tackling is not in his family's DNA.

He was probably a 2nd cousin.

Neither can tackle but at least Sabby's DNA is in shape.

mikey23545
02-21-2012, 10:26 AM

Luddite much?

suds79
02-21-2012, 10:28 AM
First, why do you believe a flying tackle on the gridiron is safer than the taser?

Your whole post is solid and fair. I just see it differently.

Yes, I believe a tackle on the gridiron is safer than a taser. Without looking up statistics, I'd venture to say more people have died or permanently injured in being tased vs tackles. (keep in mind the ratio in that statement also. More people have been tackled in history vs being tasered also)

I also agree that the cop could have injured himself or her still had he tackled her. I'm not discounting that. Still, I would suggest the chances of her or him receiving the same type of damage she would have received in a tackle would have been less than what she got.

Some of you are taking this in a very broad perspective. Saying overall what you do in situations. And that's fine.

I'm talking about this specific situation. What we saw. I saw a dangley, unathletic lady who looked like a buck 30 tops begin to run from a cop. I saw a cop take two or so strides after her and when he was within (say 3-4 feet) of her decide to just call it a day and tase her instead. I don't think he would have had to go Terry Tate Office linebacker on her to stop her. I think in this specific situation, he made a fairly obvious mistake.

Buck
02-21-2012, 10:30 AM
What a dumb bitch.

That being said, I don't believe what the cop said in the first video when asked if he believed she could outrun him.

Bump
02-21-2012, 10:37 AM
she obviously ran from the cops for a reason. Don't do stupid shit and you won't get tased. BOOM

morphius
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
I have seen lots of situations where cops abuse their taser, at least IMHO. I've always been of the opinion it should only be use in place of bullet and not just to subdue anyone who is being somewhat argumentative. But you run from the cops, and well, you are just asking for it. I also don't believe tasers have much of a range so if he felt he was going to have trouble catching her he had to make the decision pretty quick.

Feel sorry for her family, her and the cop.

alnorth
02-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Some of you are taking this in a very broad perspective. Saying overall what you do in situations. And that's fine.

I'm talking about this specific situation. What we saw. I saw a dangley, unathletic lady who looked like a buck 30 tops begin to run from a cop. I saw a cop take two or so strides after her and when he was within (say 3-4 feet) of her decide to just call it a day and tase her instead. I don't think he would have had to go Terry Tate Office linebacker on her to stop her. I think in this specific situation, he made a fairly obvious mistake.

Fair enough, I wont be able to see the video until tonight. It could be that after seeing this particular incident I might change my mind.

lcarus
02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
What's a cop supposed to do now days? You can't tackle, can't use your tazer, certainly can't or shouldn't use your gun in a situation like this. I don't know. Accidents happen when you tangle with law enforcement.

Dartgod
02-21-2012, 11:02 AM
What's a cop supposed to do now days? You can't tackle, can't use your tazer, certainly can't or shouldn't use your gun in a situation like this. I don't know. Accidents happen when you tangle with law enforcement.

Conduit bender.

whoman69
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Not a real fair op. No mention of what she had done. Two minute interview with parent and lawyer, who are not witnesses and have no interest in presenting both sides. Its tragic, but she was fleeing from law enforcement.

fan4ever
02-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Cha-ching. Family just got rich.

I don't know the circumstances but from the little clip it's pretty obvious this guy is barely breaking stride as he tazers her. It's obviously he did what he wanted to do versus had to do. I think it's a stretch he'd have had to "tackle" her to catch her...and if his ass is so out of shape this girl could have outrun him, he's an embarrassment to his uniform. Like I said, family just got rich no matter what this girl did.

kcpasco
02-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Tasers were designed to avoid using deadly force. Not for some fat out of shape cop to not have to run.

The Iron Chief
02-21-2012, 12:04 PM
When he says.. "She was already out running me"..then watching the video ..he wasnt even chasing her..that was running!?
The girl was speeding up no doubt..but .."She was already out running me"..that gets me.

I do feel bad for all involved for the policeman that didnt want this outcome to the family.

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I guess she was cuffed too. Someone in that youtube thread said she stole a car as well, so i don't have much sympathy for her.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y2QYNVlOw_A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y2QYNVlOw_A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

He was close enough to just reach out and grab her & pick her up and carry her back inside. The outofshapedonutcop didn't want to chase her so he just tazed her as soon as she was getting away. Now it's a shame that she bounced her head on concrete and couldn't catch herself from falling do to being handcuffed. Nomatter what she done as for stealling cars whoopty do she is going have brain damage now on. This all could have been prevented had the cops had better controll of her in custidy in the first place. Now I don't think that it's a big thing he used the tazer just could of grabbed her instead as he was that close to her. The lesson here should be, don't run from cops or they will taze your azz.

Bob Dole
02-21-2012, 01:01 PM
He was close enough to just reach out and grab her & pick her up and carry her back inside. The outofshapedonutcop didn't want to chase her so he just tazed her as soon as she was getting away. Now it's a shame that she bounced her head on concrete and couldn't catch herself from falling do to being handcuffed. Nomatter what she done as for stealling cars whoopty do she is going have brain damage now on.

One could reasonably argue she was already brain damaged.

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 01:22 PM
One could reasonably argue she was already brain damaged.

That was the case with the dude who got tazed infont of my apartment, holy cow what a dipshit. It was so feaking funny tho & he fell foward right on his face on concrete. Hey the cop gave him warning and he kept going toward the cop so he had it comming. This girl was arms length away from the cop to grab her & it really could have been prevented if they had better restraint or not give her the opportunity to run. She was stupid to run but I don't feel it was necessary for her get tazed on asphalt there with her being handcuffed an no way for her to catch herself from the fall. It's more of an unfortunate incedent that ended in trauma for the girl. I don't feel sorry for her getting tazed, I feel sorry for her not able to catch herself from the fall and getting brane damage even if she was dumb enough to run, that's not cool for her to have rest of her life.

ct
02-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm makin lots of friends on this board lately, but seriously, 1 less stupid bitch to worry about. Moving on...

LiveSteam
02-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Pff. Damned if you do, & damned if you dont.
Cop tackles her to ground, she smacks her head & goes into coma. All of you would be saying?
This cop should have tazed her. Thats why they have a tazer. ITS NON LETHAL. BLA BLA BLA BLA. COP BRUTALITY!!!!

Im the first to scream COP BRUTALITY.
But not in this case.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Pff. Damned if you do, & damned if you dont.
Cop tackles her to ground, she smacks her head & goes into coma. All of you would be saying?
This cop should have tazed her. Thats why they have a tazer. ITS NON LETHAL. BLA BLA BLA BLA. COP BRUTALITY!!!!

Im the first to scream COP BRUTALITY.
But not in this case.

Nah, the chances she would have had brain damage is pretty small as he would have been on her. She may have had the wind knocked out of her but at least she would have had some control of her faculties. He could have grabbed her by the hair, nothing wrong with that.

LiveSteam
02-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Nah, the chances she would have had brain damage is pretty small as he would have been on her. She may have had the wind knocked out of her but at least she would have had some control of her faculties. He could have grabbed her by the hair, nothing wrong with that.

Its was hypothetical Coma
Anyways I just dont see police brutality here.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Its was hypothetical Coma
Anyways I just dont see police brutality here.

No i don't see brutality either, just the fact tasers are not as harmless as pitched to us.

fan4ever
02-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I would imagine tazer training includes taking the surroundings into account...like near a pool? A hard concrete surface can be pretty deadly obviously. Had this guy tazed her because she was attacking him vs. running away I'd say fine...but this was terribly handled IMO. He tazered her because he thought she had it coming, not because it was the best way for him to handle the situation.

demonhero
02-21-2012, 04:26 PM
don't run from the cops u dum bitch.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I would imagine tazer training includes taking the surroundings into account...like near a pool? A hard concrete surface can be pretty deadly obviously. Had this guy tazed her because she was attacking him vs. running away I'd say fine...but this was terribly handled IMO. He tazered her because he thought she had it coming, not because it was the best way for him to handle the situation.

I sometimes wonder how some people make it through the day.

mikey23545
02-21-2012, 04:33 PM

Yes, he should be trained to yell "Eat asphalt, bitch!" before firing his taser at a dumbass white trash cunt.

Wallcrawler
02-21-2012, 04:48 PM
None of this is even talked about if the girl doesnt hit her head like she did. If she crumpled to the ground and just slid on her shoulder or something, maybe got a strawberry across the face or something, everyone here is loling at the girl for being so stupid as to run and the cop is just doing his job.

Its unfortunate that she is in a coma, but I doubt that was the officer's intent. She ran, and he did his job and made sure she didnt escape. It was a freak accident that she got injured so badly.

All you have to do is ask yourself "If the girl just rolled on the ground in electric agony for a few seconds and that was it, would use of the taser still be considered excessive force?"

Your answer has to be a resounding No.

She ran from the police, she got stopped, and unfortunately she got hurt while trying to escape. Its sad, but thats the breaks.

el borracho
02-21-2012, 06:56 PM
What is the hardest part about eating a vegetable?

Getting her out of her wheelchair!

I would the whole thief

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 06:59 PM
None of this is even talked about if the girl doesnt hit her head like she did. If she crumpled to the ground and just slid on her shoulder or something, maybe got a strawberry across the face or something, everyone here is loling at the girl for being so stupid as to run and the cop is just doing his job.

Its unfortunate that she is in a coma, but I doubt that was the officer's intent. She ran, and he did his job and made sure she didnt escape. It was a freak accident that she got injured so badly.

All you have to do is ask yourself "If the girl just rolled on the ground in electric agony for a few seconds and that was it, would use of the taser still be considered excessive force?"

Your answer has to be a resounding No.

She ran from the police, she got stopped, and unfortunately she got hurt while trying to escape. Its sad, but thats the breaks.

The reason she hit her head in the first place is because she had handcuffs on preventing her to protect herself from the fall. Altho not sure if it would have mattered as the electric volts make you tense up so that may even be a moot point, nun the less she was handcuffed and no way she would have gotten too far.

el borracho
02-21-2012, 07:02 PM
The reason she hit her head in the first place is because she had handcuffs on preventing her to protect herself from the fall. Altho not sure if it would have mattered as the electric volts make you tense up so that may even be a moot point, nun the less she was handcuffed and no way she would have gotten too far.

What kind of meat do priests eat?

Nun!

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 07:08 PM
What kind of meat do priests eat?

Nun!

LMAO

your full of them tonight arn't you :D

La literatura
02-21-2012, 07:13 PM
She has my thoughts and prayers to get out of the coma.

Valiant
02-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't see a problem with it, it is sad she is in a coma, but she is a criminal..

If he tackles her, same thing happens, probably worse with his body weight..
Hopefully no civil suit hits the city/cops..

Hell, what if she did get away from the chubby cop and stole another car and hit and killed some bystander.. Then I would be reading about people saying, why didn't he taz her bro..

Sometimes, bad things happen and no one is at fault except for the idiot it is happening to..

BIG_DADDY
02-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I can't just jump on her. LMAO She was already outrunning me LMAO Classic

kcpasco
02-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Ok so the fat coward cop followed protocol. Hope he sleeps well a night.

BIG_DADDY
02-21-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't see a problem with it, it is sad she is in a coma, but she is a criminal..

If he tackles her, same thing happens, probably worse with his body weight..
Hopefully no civil suit hits the city/cops..

Hell, what if she did get away from the chubby cop and stole another car and hit and killed some bystander.. Then I would be reading about people saying, why didn't he taz her bro..

Sometimes, bad things happen and no one is at fault except for the idiot it is happening to..

Just out of morbid curiosity what was the crime commited by this dangerous criminal?

kcpasco
02-21-2012, 07:46 PM
It's not like he was arresting Mike Tyson, he had 100lb girl who was handcuffed. Sure he probably was within his rights to do what he did. But I'm betting deep down he really wishes he hadn't done that.

Tombstone RJ
02-21-2012, 07:56 PM
So, I was just watching this and saw nothing here on the Planet. Woman runs from cops, cops taser her and she hits her head on the asphalt when she lands. Now this Media member is calling Police Brutality because the girl is in a coma.

Up for CP's viewing and thoughts before I add mine.

Video of tasing;

another video

Dang, that just sucks the way her head hits the concrete. I mean, that's worse case scenario right there. I feel bad for the girl and the officer.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't know about you all but I'd rather get zapped than catch a billy under the eyebrow.

BIG_DADDY
02-21-2012, 08:07 PM
It's not like he was arresting Mike Tyson, he had 100lb girl who was handcuffed. Sure he probably was within his rights to do what he did. But I'm betting deep down he really wishes he hadn't done that.

You would think:

Trooper defends tasing, would not have acted differently if given chance

Cole defended his actions in dealing with Maudsley in audio recorded during an FHP internal affairs review of the case.

BIG_DADDY
02-21-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't know about you all but I'd rather get zapped than catch a billy under the eyebrow.

He could have grabbed her by the scruff of her neck easily.

kcpasco
02-21-2012, 08:09 PM
You would think:

Trooper defends tasing, would not have acted differently if given chance

Cole defended his actions in dealing with Maudsley in audio recorded during an FHP internal affairs review of the case.

It's called defending your ass from a lawsuit. Of course he's not gonna show any sign of remorse or fault.

BIG_DADDY
02-21-2012, 08:14 PM
It's called defending your ass from a lawsuit. Of course he's not gonna show any sign of remorse or fault.

Until they clear him and he takes nice paid vacation for a few months to deal with the personal psychologica trauma of it all.

HE knows he was never at risk. Florida is one of the most corrupt self-serving legal systems we have. It's like a 3rd world country.

BIG_DADDY
02-21-2012, 08:26 PM
LMAO, I just watched it again. He is just walking and he is keeping up with her. If you can't reach out and grab her you are failure personified.

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I know this, if that was my daughter, I'd go all MTG#10 on this donuteatingcop.

ChiefButthurt
02-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I read through most of the thread, but did anyone say how she was able to run? So the cop caught her and had her in cuffs and let her go? Look I've never been arrested but I watch TV and they never let your ass go. Wonder what happened? :hmmm:

Tombstone RJ
02-21-2012, 08:58 PM
I read through most of the thread, but did anyone say how she was able to run? So the cop caught her and had her in cuffs and let her go? Look I've never been arrested but I watch TV and they never let your ass go. Wonder what happened? :hmmm:

I did notice that she is wearing the handcuffs in front. If the cop cuffed her, why didn't he cuff her with her hands behind her back? It would be a heck of a lot harder for her to run with her hands behind her back too.

IMHO, the cop didn't think she would run, that is why he was so unprepared for her escape. So basically, the cop was being lazy and when she took off, he tazed her instead of running after her.

It was a screw up on the cops part, but the fact is this girl put herself in a bad situation to begin with. She got caught, it appears the cop was lax, she tried running and now she's in a coma.

BIG_DADDY
02-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Greg Connor, professor at the University of Illinois Police Training Institute who specialises in use of force, said: 'It just doesn't make any sense. I don't see where it's going to be that hard to apprehend her.'

And nationally known use-of-force expert Dave Klinger, a retired Los Angeles police officer and professor at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, said it was an an 'inappropriate' police tactic.

http://www.news.com.au/world/drama-of-woman-20-left-brain-dead-after-being-tasered-captured-on-police-video/story-e6frfkyi-1226278120442

Of course there tons on this board who will condone anything cops do even the tazing of that defenceless 72 year old woman awhile back. Bottom line is cops know they can do anything including murdering someone for no reason on camera in front of tons of witnesses and walk, just ask Johannes Mehserle. I'll bet people got in more trouble for videotaping it. Welcome to justice American style where cops are god and you are nothing more than a POS with no rights.

Bugeater
02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
And there we go...victimizing the criminal.

BIG_DADDY
02-21-2012, 09:13 PM

Right on cue, thanks I can leave now.

Saul Good
02-21-2012, 09:14 PM

It's not about whether the criminal is a victim. It's about proper police behavior.

Bugeater
02-21-2012, 09:20 PM
It's not about whether the criminal is a victim. It's about proper police behavior.Yeah I hate it when cops try to apprehend criminals.

Tombstone RJ
02-21-2012, 09:28 PM

Video of program I was watching. And getting pissed off at....

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLeURfK7fCU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLeURfK7fCU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I do have to say this is bs on the media's part. Let's not pretend like this girl was a saint. Where was the mom when her little girl was stealing cars? Suppose the girl steals a car, gets in a high speed chase and ends up killing other people, and maybe herself too. Who's mom gonna sue then?

KC Tattoo
02-21-2012, 09:40 PM
I do have to say this is bs on the media's part. Let's not pretend like this girl was a saint. Where was the mom when her little girl was stealing cars? Suppose the girl steals a car, gets in a high speed chase and ends up killing other people, and maybe herself too. Who's mom gonna sue then?

Well they had her in custidy & the cops let her "get away" for a moment until she got tazed. Now she has braindamage & I think the odds of her stealing more cars are about as good as Cassel becoming a halfway decent quarterback.

Omaha
02-21-2012, 09:40 PM
This is a tough call to me. After reading about this, I thought, as many of you do, that anyone running from the police should expect bad things like tazers to happen. When I watched the video, however, it appears that the cop could have just reached out and grabbed her. She was cuffed and within arms reach, but he chose to take the time to grab a tazer and fire it. This cop is a fat POS who is physically unable to do his job. If he's not embarrassed looking at himself in the mirror every day, he should be embarrassed watching this video.

Im not one to victimize criminals, but this whole thing just sucks. It's messed up all around.

drunkie
02-21-2012, 09:42 PM
had the cop not been some fat out of shape slob he would not of have a problem with her out running him. they really should make sure officers are in better shape.

while the law might say that his use of force was acceptable lets think about that. we keep giving cops more an more power to use force.
this lady was handcuffed how much of a threat was she to anyone. what was she being arrested for in the first place? is she some crazy killer? was there a huge need to stop her right then cuz she was a threat to everyone? pretend she got away, they already knew her name not like they couldn't go pick her up at another time. what if she was a simple shop lifter an is now a veggie or maybe will die cuz of this. was it really worth the use of force at that min that could endanger her life. she should not of ran that is her screw up but someones being stupid doesn't make it ok to jump to the use of force like this. if she was a crazy kill then there is a real need to make sure she is stopped right then. most other cases there isn't the need to do this. they can catch her at a later time. these tasers are treated as if they are harmless an that is not the case many people have died from them they shouldn't use so freely.

Tombstone RJ
02-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Well they had her in custidy & the cops let her "get away" for a moment until she got tazed. Now she has braindamage & I think the odds of her stealing more cars are about as good as Cassel becoming a halfway decent quarterback.

the point is that the girl put herself in that situation. 999 out of a 1000 times a tazer is non leathal. This one time the odds were not in the girl's favor. Now I agree the cop was somewhat lazy, but let's not ignore the girl's responsibility. Let's not pretend like she is an innocent bystander. She's culpible for her own actions too. She got caught for grand theft auto, and then tried to flee.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2012, 09:56 PM
ACAB!

fan4ever
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
I almost always fall on the side of law enforcement but I don't see how anyone who actually watched the video can have any opinion other than this was unnecessary...I thought it was right away and that was before I read she was brain-dead.

I have no doubt this guy didn't mean for her to be seriously injured but his decision to taze her looked ridiculous to me. Did she get herself into the situation; sure. Does that excuse the cop; no way.

ThaVirus
02-21-2012, 10:35 PM
He's a fat piece of shit. She's a law-breaking piece of shit.

It's pretty much all bad.

crazycoffey
02-22-2012, 01:48 AM

I know there's always folks on both sides of the tactics and policy issues, but this right here is what prompted the thread. This media girl and the way she goes making this sound like another rodney king case.

Fucking media.

The place I'm at had a recent news story about it, and in the news video the media talked about gate / security equipment that isn't even here at this site. Specifically a speaker playing "this is a restricted military zone" and other such security phrases. This speaker box video was completely added for dramatic effect for the story by the fucking news source. So much for impartial reporting....

Chiefnj2
02-22-2012, 07:54 AM
She was escaping custody from the police station? Is that where she was running from?

fan4ever
02-22-2012, 08:50 AM
"If you run, I'm going to tazer you...because I'm so damn fat and out of shape I break a sweat peeling an orange..."

tooge
02-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Girl shouldn't have run from cop. Cop should be in good enough shape to chase after someone if he is in the business of chasing after people. He is a fatass and so he used a weapon on her. I'll side with the cop, but if I was his superior, he would have a really shitty duty until he dropped about 30 lbs and learned to run.

Ultra Peanut
02-22-2012, 09:13 AM
This thread is horrifying.

mikey23545
02-22-2012, 09:15 AM
This thread is horrifying.

Don't be frightened...The punk will never steal another car.

Chiefnj2
02-22-2012, 09:16 AM

Which report says she stole a car?

philfree
02-22-2012, 09:23 AM

I'd like to hear more about the stolen car. From the looks of her I don't see a person who hotwires cars. She doesn't look like a car thief to me so I'm curious about this car stealing.

My stepson's son snuck out their pickup one night after everyone was in bed and I heard them say "he stoled thier pickup". I called BS. It's their kid and thier truck and he was bringing it back when he was done sneaking out. Stole a truck? Gimmie a break.

Something tells me that this young girl isn't a car thief.

keg in kc
02-22-2012, 09:23 AM
She could have hit her head while getting tackled. I don't understand why the taser is relevant.

I'd also be willing to bet that if she became brain-dead after a tackle, people would be saying "well, why didn't that stupid oaf just taser her, he didn't have to act like it was an MMA cage-match"Fair comment.

Chiefnj2
02-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I'd like to hear more about the stolen car. From the looks of her I don't see a person who hotwires cars. She doesn't look like a car thief to me so I'm curious about this car stealing.

My stepson's son snuck out their pickup one night after everyone was in bed and I heard them say "he stoled thier pickup". I called BS. It's their kid and thier truck and he was bringing it back when he was done sneaking out. Stole a truck? Gimmie a break.

Something tells me that this young girl isn't a car thief.

The newspapers articles I saw said that she was arrested for suspicion of 2 hit and runs in September.

philfree
02-22-2012, 09:31 AM
The newspapers articles I saw said that she was arrested for suspicion of 2 hit and runs in September.

I see. Any links available for those articles?

el borracho
02-22-2012, 09:32 AM

I'd hit it and run!