PDA

View Full Version : Football Brady Quinn debunks "Tebow Time"

redhed
02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201202/gq-brady-quinn-debunks-year-tebow-weve-had-lot-luck

TTT

-King-
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
The entire game, the defensive line is chasing the quarterback around, and that wears down the pass rush. Meanwhile, the defensive backs are chasing receivers, but you only throw eight passes, so they start to feel lazy. It only takes that one play, that one big pass, for a touchdown.

Happened in the Chiefs game.

PGM
02-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Early in the season, there was a game when Kyle [Orton] got hurt and the coaches were calling for me to go in, but Kyle got up and finished the game out. So I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just ’cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice.

If only Brady had put Bible passages on his eye black...

redhed
02-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Early in the season, there was a game when Kyle [Orton] got hurt and the coaches were calling for me to go in, but Kyle got up and finished the game out. So I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just ’cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice.

If only Brady had put Bible passages on his eye black...

He claims the Notre Dame Exemption.

blaise
02-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Yeah, what's that say about you, Brady? You can't beat out Tebow.

-King-
02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah, what's that say about you, Brady? You can't beat out Tebow.

He addressed that,

blaise
02-21-2012, 09:24 AM
He addressed that,

[/I]

Yeah, the guy that's crying about losing his job addressed that.
If he was that much better than Tebow he would have played. The fact is the reason he's not playing is the same reason Cleveland got rid of him- he sucks.

MagicHef
02-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Huh. I guess he's not coming back to Denver next year.

PGM
02-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Huh. I guess he's not coming back to Denver next year.

Too bad for you guys, he throws the best ball on the Denver roster.

MagicHef
02-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Too bad for you guys, he throws the best ball on the Denver roster.

Sometimes. From what he has shown in Denver, he is ridiculously inconsistent. He'll look great one game, then the next he won't be able to throw it within ten feet of a receiver.

PGM
02-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Sometimes. From what he has shown in Denver, he is ridiculously inconsistent. He'll look great one game, then the next he won't be able to throw it within ten feet of a receiver.

As opposed to not being able to throw it within ten feet of a receiver every game? ;)

MagicHef
02-21-2012, 09:30 AM
As opposed to not being able to throw it within ten feet of a receiver every game? ;)

Well, at least we know what to expect.

boogblaster
02-21-2012, 09:35 AM
thank you donk-management .......

MagicHef
02-21-2012, 09:36 AM
thank you donk-management .......

I agree. It was pretty fun winning a playoff game.

InChiefsHell
02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Wow, that's pretty interesting. Makes Quinn look a little like a bitch, but it also shows what everyone (except Donk fans) knows...Tebow ain't it. They got lucky. I hope he's their starter next year.

redhed
02-21-2012, 09:45 AM

Hey, the Donx won the West, too. Congrats!!

stonedstooge
02-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Good competition for Casshole/Pioli

vailpass
02-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Yeah, the guy that's crying about losing his job addressed that.
If he was that much better than Tebow he would have played. The fact is the reason he's not playing is the same reason Cleveland got rid of him- he sucks.

Exactamundo. Brady fucking Quinn? Give me a break.

RaiderH8r
02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Has Brady Quinn ever not sucked? He was "pro ready" and still sucks, sucks balls. He sucked in Cleveland and hasn't ever gotten the loser stink off of him. I look forward to Brady getting signed in FA and landing that starting gig because clearly his talents justify it.

PGM
02-21-2012, 09:51 AM

If you want to ignore all the fluky shit that happened to even get them in that spot be my guess. A fumbled snap by Rivers when they have game in hand at Arrowhead, Barber running out of bounds when if he stays in it's game over, not 1 but 2 blocked field goals by the Faid to knock out the Chiefs. That is just a start.

Okie_Apparition
02-21-2012, 09:52 AM
It was all set up for him with the Chiefs but Weis wussed out
Kansas City would have ate up Ballin Brady Quinn

listopencil
02-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Quinn shit the bed in Cleveland, and he didn't do enough to beat Orton in Denver. Fox already addressed why Quinn was effectively the number two. They felt that he would have been better at running the Orton offense than Tebow. That rings true to me...but when the better guy for the situation isn't getting it done then a lesser version of him probably isn't going to help much. That's why Tebow got the call over Quinn. At 1-4 it was fairly obvious that they needed drastic change. Quinn would not have provided that. Bottom line is that Quinn never really showed that he was capable of running a pro offense consistently at a high level and it was time to see what they had in Tebow. Quinn can continue whining elsewhere and we can can go grab the third QB we need on the roster.

MagicHef
02-21-2012, 09:56 AM
If you want to ignore all the fluky shit that happened to even get them in that spot be my guess. A fumbled snap by Rivers when they have game in hand at Arrowhead, Barber running out of bounds when if he stays in it's game over, not 1 but 2 blocked field goals by the Faid to knock out the Chiefs. That is just a start.

I can tell that you're really over it. You know what helps me to get over stuff like that? Winning a playoff game.

listopencil
02-21-2012, 09:58 AM

No, not ignore. Embrace. It was a wild ride. Probably the most fun, and the most exciting season, I've had as a Bronco fan in quite a while. Now we get and off season and Training Camp to see how Tebow can improve. I'd put my money on Tebow getting better.

listopencil
02-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Has Brady Quinn ever not sucked? He was "pro ready" and still sucks, sucks balls. He sucked in Cleveland and hasn't ever gotten the loser stink off of him. I look forward to Brady getting signed in FA and landing that starting gig because clearly his talents justify it.

I'm still waiting for "Quinn Debunks Why He Sucks".

vailpass
02-21-2012, 10:07 AM
I can tell that you're really over it. You know what helps me to get over stuff like that? Winning a playoff game.

LMAO

BigCatDaddy
02-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Does Brady Quinn still have David Boston syndrome?

PGM
02-21-2012, 11:29 AM
I can tell that you're really over it. You know what helps me to get over stuff like that? Getting absolutely embarrased by the Pats in a playoff game with the world seeing what a fraud our QB really is.

You go girl!!

Don't worry, we went through the same thing last year. :hmmm: Maybe King Neckbeard will take you back.

chiefzilla1501
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Who the fuck would want him now? This, in addition to leaving the team to be with his girlfriend for surgery.

Oh wait... I know, who would want him. Unfortunately, KC probably would.

whoman69
02-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Coming from the backup, it looks like sour grapes. He should have just kept his mouth shut. The other guys on the team should be pissed. They are only given credit for where the great and might Tebow took them. I really hated some of the reporting out there. Skip Bayless suggested the Doncs had the worst defense in the playoffs, when the reality was the defense kept them in all those games while Timmy couldn't do crap in the first three quarters.

WV
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM

While I felt dirty in the process, I did enjoy seeing Pittsburgh lose to you...but lets not act like its more the norm than the exception.

Okie_Apparition
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Tebow will get the Broncos in postion to draft Barkley
who everyone will fall in love with & kick Newton to the curb after a ho-hum 2nd season

Bambi
02-21-2012, 12:27 PM
You go girl!!

Don't worry, we went through the same thing last year. :hmmm: Maybe King Neckbeard will take you back.

The Chiefs didn't win a playoff game last year.

Stop embarrassing Chiefs fans.

Brock
02-21-2012, 12:28 PM

the definition of irony.

Bambi
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
the definition of irony.

how so?

KU sucked last year. I'm ecstatic they fired the coach.

lcarus
02-21-2012, 12:41 PM
The Denver fans are gonna wear that fluke playoff appearance and victory around their necks like a ****ing medal for a minimum 3 seasons. How utterly predictable.

Epic Fail 007
02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Hes right,anyone with any sense could see this.

vailpass
02-21-2012, 12:44 PM
The Denver fans are gonna wear that fluke playoff appearance and victory around their necks like a ****ing medal for a minimum 3 seasons. How utterly predictable.

Better to wear a playoff win than a collar

Mile High Mania
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
That's likely the first time Brady Quinn has been quoted in an interview in years... wonder where he lands in 2012. I mean, he's a FA and likely going to be on the top of many team's wish lists... no?

Good luck, Mr. Quinn.

ChiefsCountry
02-21-2012, 01:22 PM
The Chiefs next quarterback, Brady Fucking Quinn.

MagicHef
02-21-2012, 01:23 PM

Hopefully it will be shorter, but 3 years still sounds a lot better than 18.

lcarus
02-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Hopefully it will be shorter, but 3 years still sounds a lot better than 18.

Our last playoff win seems like a hazy memory to me, considering I was ****ing 10 at the time. I'm almost 29 now. :huh:

PGM
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
how so?

KU sucked last year. I'm ecstatic they fired the coach.

Again you miss the point. Let me make it simple, he meant you are an embarrassment of a Chiefs fan.

PGM
02-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Why would you White Knight the Broncos?

vailpass
02-21-2012, 02:47 PM
updated Feb 21, 2012 4:38 PM ET

Denver Broncos quarterback Brady Quinn has apologized for downplaying Tim Tebow's effectiveness as a quarterback and criticizing his overt religious displays in a candid set of comments to GQ.

"The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos," Quinn wrote on his Twitter account Tuesday.

"Tim deserves a lot of credit for our success and I'm happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate."

According to Quinn, the interview with GQ was conducted three months ago and "the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments."

"I have addressed my disappointment with the writer and have reached out to Tim to clear this up," Quinn continued on Twitter.

"I apologize to anyone who feels I was trying to take anything away from our Team's or Tim's success this season."

Quinn, who will be an unrestricted free agent, said in the interview that he believed he lost his spot as the second-string quarterback to Tebow due to Broncos fans clamoring for the former Florida Gators star to play.

A billboard even went up in Denver in late September pleading with coach John Fox to replace Kyle Orton with Tebow.

"Early in the season, there was a game when Kyle (Orton) got hurt and the coaches were calling for me to go in, but Kyle got up and finished the game out. So I was the second-string guy," Quinn allegedly told GQ.

"Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just 'cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice."

Several other players, including Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs and Bills linebacker Shawne "roidman" Merriman, said they did not understand all of the attention given to Tebow during the Broncos' late-season surge to the AFC West title.

Suggs said Tebow was "terrible" much of the time, and both said Tebow received more of the credit than he should have for the team's hot streak.

But the most surprising part of the story was Quinn's frank comments about his teammate, which were in sharp contrast to other members of the Broncos organization, including Fox and John Elway.

Quinn said, "We've had a lot of, I guess, luck, to put it simply," following a comeback victory over Chicago.

After a win at Kansas City in which Tebow completed only two passes, Quinn allegedly noted, "The entire game, the defensive line is chasing the quarterback around, and that wears down the pass rush. Meanwhile, the defensive backs are chasing receivers, but you only throw eight passes, so they start to feel lazy."

Quinn added that if he were in Tebow's shoes, he would have been more humble about expressing his religious beliefs.

"If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?"

The Broncos are expected to add two quarterbacks to the roster to compete with Tebow in training camp, though Tebow will still be the starter. It is unclear whether the team will opt to re-sign the 27-year-old Quinn, who has not thrown a pass in the last two seasons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brady-quinn-apologizes-for-tim-tebow-comments-in-gq-magazine-022112

DBoweShow
02-21-2012, 05:18 PM
No, not ignore. Embrace. It was a wild ride. Probably the most fun, and the most exciting season, I've had as a Bronco fan in quite a while. Now we get and off season and Training Camp to see how Tebow can improve. I'd put my money on Tebow getting better.

I would hope he can get better. That shouldn't be too hard considering how terrible he was this year.

Consistent1
02-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Guys always back-pedal from their real feelings get put out there. I bet he is done in Denver.

chiefzilla1501
02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Guys always back-pedal from their real feelings get put out there. I bet he is done in Denver.

I think he'll be lucky to get a job anywhere.

It's bad enough to be questionable on talent. Those types of guys don't have any room to make these kinds of comments. I'm sure the whole Alicia Sacramone thing put him on the edge already.

RaiderH8r
02-21-2012, 06:25 PM
I think he'll be lucky to get a job anywhere.

It's bad enough to be questionable on talent. Those types of guys don't have any room to make these kinds of comments. I'm sure the whole Alicia Sacramone thing put him on the edge already.

Did Brady find out she has a bigger dick than he does?

scott free
02-22-2012, 06:16 AM
He's certainly a better whiner than a qb, he's talking himself out of any kind of job in the NFL.

Just what every franchise wants, a guy who publicly slams the team starter & by osmosis, the people who make the starting qb decision.

Cant believe a handful of people here want him, some who like to think of themselves as great football minds.