PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli on Carr....

Consistent1
02-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Brandon Carr - DB - Chiefs

Chiefs GM Scott Pioli insists the signing of Stanford Routt does not affect the team's feelings for free agent Brandon Carr.
"As a matter of fact," said Pioli, "Romeo [Crennel] and I both reached out to Brandon yesterday as this was unfolding and talked to him. ... He knows, and he's known before, he's someone we want to keep here, and he's still someone we want to keep a Chief." That may be true, but it's now easier said than done if Carr draws an attractive offer from another team -- as is expected to be the case.
Source: ArrowheadPride.com
Feb 21 - 4:11 PM

BigCatDaddy
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
q

jd1020
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
I somewhat expected this to be news.

Consistent1
02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
I take it it is in some other thread?

Direckshun
02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
It's good they're not burning bridges here.

But have you guys seen the FA CB contracts the past few years? With the new CBA, this trend will only get more outrageous.

We got a step-down in quality at the #2 CB position for at least half the price, if not a third of the price.

Count Zarth
02-21-2012, 02:22 PM
liar, liar, size 43 pants on fire

BigCatDaddy
02-21-2012, 02:24 PM

Start at post #826

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256320&highlight=brandon+carr+pioli&page=11

Ebolapox
02-21-2012, 02:24 PM
nick wright (yeah, I know... not the best source) claims this is bullshit.

BoneKrusher
02-21-2012, 02:25 PM

:thumb:

ct
02-21-2012, 02:28 PM

Start at post #826

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256320&highlight=brandon+carr+pioli&page=11

:) Classic CP! Maybe i'm the only one amused by that.

Dayze
02-21-2012, 02:28 PM

:huh: :#

the Talking Can
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
It's good they're not burning bridges here.

But have you guys seen the FA CB contracts the past few years? With the new CBA, this trend will only get more outrageous.

We got a step-down in quality at the #2 CB position for at least half the price, if not a third of the price.

less talent for less money...two things this franchise loves the most

Clark got the news while he was clipping coupons

jspchief
02-21-2012, 02:34 PM
My hope is that they can sign Bowe outright and tag Carr. At the very least it gives us another year to see what we have between Carr and Routt

Direckshun
02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
less talent for less money...two things this franchise loves the most

Clark got he news while he was clipping coupons

LMAO

Small downgrade at a devalued position for half, maybe a third, of the price.

S'what good GMs do.

the Talking Can
02-21-2012, 02:40 PM
LMAO

S'what good GMs do.

i get it...we're only 40 mill under the cap and a brother got to eat....

lcarus
02-21-2012, 02:40 PM
LMAO

S'what good GMs do.

The problem is, the money saved probably isn't gonna go towards anything we actually need. I doubt they're sacrificing Carr just to get someone else. They're just doing it to be cheap bastards.

chiefzilla1501
02-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Clark Hunt needs to wake up and realize that if you don't bring money in, that hurts as much as keeping costs down.

Plain and simple, if the Chiefs don't sign Carr, fans will know it was because of money. And claiming money is an issue when you have gazillions left in the cap won't fly. If they don't sign Carr, they sure as hell be ready to sign a mountain of free agents. Hell, they better be ready to do that anyway.

Consistent1
02-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Start at post #826

I'll admit I didn't read every bit of that damn thing. It popped up on Rotoworld while I was on there. Haha..

BigCatDaddy
02-21-2012, 02:50 PM
I'll admit I didn't read every bit of that damn thing. It popped up on Rotoworld while I was on there. Haha..

No excuses man. It would have only taken an hour or two to read that to be sure you weren't reposting.

oldman
02-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Personally, I'd like to see us keep Carr just to remind me of the good ole days when we had a shutdown secondary. I'm an old codger that believes you can win with D, but what do I know, only being a Chiefs fan since 1963.
My guess is that Carr's agent is looking for a big payday and won't give up until BC has the same money as the other Brandon.
My excuse is that I'm an old D guy myself, I hate freakin' QBs.

TEX
02-21-2012, 03:18 PM

Chiefs GM Scott Pioli insists the signing of Stanford Routt does not affect the team's feelings for free agent Brandon Carr.
"As a matter of fact," said Pioli, "Romeo [Crennel] and I both reached out to Brandon yesterday as this was unfolding and talked to him. ... He knows, and he's known before, he's someone we want to keep here, and he's still someone we want to keep a Chief." That may be true, but it's now easier said than done if Carr draws an attractive offer from another team -- as is expected to be the case.

Whatever dude...:rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
02-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Yep, smells like bullshit

Epic Fail 007
02-21-2012, 03:25 PM

nick wrights bullshit

Epic Fail 007
02-21-2012, 03:27 PM
So if carr resigns is cp prepared to eat crow?Its called a business process get real.

patteeu
02-21-2012, 03:47 PM

Nick Wright got it half right. He said that Pioli's interest in Carr may be real, technically speaking, but until you add in the price component you don't know how real.

Wright also said that Carr wants to come back to the Chiefs. The part Wright didn't get right is that he failed to make the same point about Carr's "interest". Until we add in Carr's price component, we don't really know how interested he was in returning.

Fish
02-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Well I certainly feel better now....

Mr. Flopnuts
02-21-2012, 03:54 PM
So if carr resigns is cp prepared to eat crow?Its called a business process get real.

You know why no one responds to you even while you're talking shit? No one wants to pick on the kid that rides the short bus.

FAX
02-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Nick Wright got it half right. He said that Pioli's interest in Carr may be real, technically speaking, but until you add in the price component you don't know how real.

Wright also said that Carr wants to come back to the Chiefs. The part Wright didn't get right is that he failed to make the same point about Carr's "interest". Until we add in Carr's price component, we don't really know how interested he was in returning.

True, Mr. patteeu. The driver behind this situation is cash.

With that in mind, there's something to this that doesn't add up. A lot of people are saying that Carr isn't all that much better than Routt. If true, why is Carr supposedly demanding premium money in the FA market while Routt shopped his services all over the place and wound up here for what many consider to be a "reasonable" price? It didn't take long to make a deal, either.

One has to assume that the "book" on Routt and Carr may be very different in terms of their respective perceived value on the field. They're only 3-years apart in age.

FAX

BossChief
02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Damage control.

Nothing more.

They wouldn't sign Carr for 7 mlion a year right now because of the amount that would dedicate to the secondary.

Carl Peterson would have pissed Carr off and not signed anyone and let the team go into next season with the kid we drafted in the late round last year (that is very talented, but not in any way ready to start)

O.city
02-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I have been thinkin about this situation all day. I'm not sure Carr is wanting as much as we think. I'm actually building a little optimism about resigning or atleast tagging the guy.

I know it's spending alot of money on the secondary, but say you are gonna fix the oline with the draft, that leaves a NT as the only other thing you need to sign in free agency. Well Bowe of course.

It may still be a long shot, but a secondary made up of

Flowers, Carr, Routt, Berry, Lewis, Arenas, Daniels, and some safety depth.

Name a better secondary in the NFL?

And that's a pretty damn young secondary. Thats 6 or 7 years of that secondary at a high level.

Iowanian
02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd guess they DO want to sign Carr to a reasonable contract.

Signing Routt gives them at least an option if they can't get him back, and if he does, it gives a very big, physical secondary. If Carr would sign, I wouldn't be surprised to see Routt have some look at safety, or be put on TE's in coverage schemes.

I like Carr, I'd like to see him back in KC, but he's not the difference in this team competing for Championships....

patteeu
02-21-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd guess they DO want to sign Carr to a reasonable contract.

Signing Routt gives them at least an option if they can't get him back, and if he does, it gives a very big, physical secondary. If Carr would sign, I wouldn't be surprised to see Routt have some look at safety, or be put on TE's in coverage schemes.

I like Carr, I'd like to see him back in KC, but he's not the difference in this team competing for Championships....

I'm with you.

Dylan
02-21-2012, 06:24 PM
I can't imagine the Chiefs not resigning Carr -- Money should not be a concern when it comes to signing a young top tier shutdown CB. Besides, the Chiefs have plenty of money this season.

The Cowboys will scoop him up in a second. They're in desperate need of CBs. j/m/o

I would love him on our team.

KCrockaholic
02-21-2012, 06:29 PM
I can't imagine the Chiefs not resigning Carr -- Money should not be a concern when it comes to signing a young top tier shutdown CB. Besides, the Chiefs have plenty of money this season.

The Cowboys will scoop him up in a second. They're in desperate need of CBs. j/m/o

I would love him on our team.

Carr would fit well in Minnesota or Dallas.

But it's only acceptable if we use that money we saved to go after a couple other free agents. We can't wrap up 20% of our seasonal cap room in 3 players of the same position. Routt IS a slight downgrade, but we can overcome that when we have guys like Eric Berry and Lewis on the backend.

CaliforniaChief
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
My hope is that they can sign Bowe outright and tag Carr. At the very least it gives us another year to see what we have between Carr and Routt

This is my thought. Tagging Carr in a CB-thin market gives us a bargaining chip where we can pit teams like Minny and Dallas against each other...and then we have more control over where he goes. I'll take Routt + a high draft pick over an overpaid Carr and nothing else.

But I would guess that we're more than likely going to tag Bowe and let Carr walk, and that would suck.

chiefzilla1501
02-21-2012, 06:39 PM
This is my thought. Tagging Carr in a CB-thin market gives us a bargaining chip where we can pit teams like Minny and Dallas against each other...and then we have more control over where he goes. I'll take Routt + a high draft pick over an overpaid Carr and nothing else.

But I would guess that we're more than likely going to tag Bowe and let Carr walk, and that would suck.

Interesting thought. Probably a long-shot, but I tend to agree.

trndobrd
02-21-2012, 06:56 PM
I believe Carr will be resigned or tagged. In addition to keeping candy wrappers picked up, Pioli has done a good job of keeping existing talent on the team.

Carr and Flowers are great and all, but who have we had behind them? Arenas? The addition of Routt gives us legitimate depth at CB and more flexibility in nickel and dime situations.

Dylan
02-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Carr would fit well in Minnesota or Dallas.

But it's only acceptable if we use that money we saved to go after a couple other free agents. We can't wrap up 20% of our seasonal cap room in 3 players of the same position. Routt IS a slight downgrade, but we can overcome that when we have guys like Eric Berry and Lewis on the backend.

Thanks, KCrockaholic.

And maybe can you also -- can you provide a little more detail -- if the Chiefs run mostly a traditional three cornerback personnel?

With so many injuries in our secondary, seems the Giants were running a lot of packages in more of a safety-esque (3-man) role. Then again, maybe it was due to so many injuries in the backfield.

TIA

KCrockaholic
02-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks, KCrockaholic.

And maybe can you also -- can you provide a little more detail -- if the Chiefs run mostly a traditional three cornerback personnel?

With so many injuries in our secondary, seems the Giants were running a lot of packages in more of a safety-esque (3-man) role. Then again, maybe it was due to so many injuries in the backfield.

TIA

I mean we typically only use a nickel when the offense brings in an extra receiver.

Our nickel is Javier Arenas, and he's actually a solid player. He's getting better, and IMO is a fine guy to have in on 3rd down.

Brandon Carr just no longer has a place in this defense unfortunately. If we could find a way to make it happen, then great, but like I said, that would mean wrapping up a lot of our cap room on 3 guys of the same position.

It's ok to slightly downgrade IMO if it means we can now go after a true Nose, or depth at safety and ILB.

I don't see the Chiefs being one of those teams like what Philly tried to do last year and just stockpile a ton of talent at the same position. Right now the fan base isn't really happy about this move, BUT if they can make good things come out of it, then it might be worth it in the end.

aturnis
02-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Isn't Carr from Flint, Michigan? Maybe Detroit's need for CB's and likely willingness to pay for one is really very tempting to him. He's familiar with Gunther. Close to family. Maybe Pioli sensed that, and Routt is his insurance policy.

Dylan
02-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I believe Carr will be resigned or tagged. In addition to keeping candy wrappers picked up, Pioli has done a good job of keeping existing talent on the team.

Carr and Flowers are great and all, but who have we had behind them? Arenas? The addition of Routt gives us legitimate depth at CB and more flexibility in nickel and dime situations.

Can you just talk a little bit further about the "candy wrappers?"

First, just to help us clarify, if you would, I've been noticing "candy wrappers" used in many posts. And then, would you tell me exactly what it means?

Thanks,

Wilson8
02-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Pioli says Chiefs hope to re-sign Carr, Bowe

The Chiefs’ acquisition of cornerback Stanford Routt on Monday decreased significantly the likelihood that the Chiefs will use the franchise tag on cornerback Brandon Carr. It also increased significantly the likelihood that the franchise tag will be used on receiver Dwayne Bowe.

On Tuesday, General Manager Scott Pioli told WHB radio in Kansas City that the Chiefs will try to work out a deal with both players.

“The signing of Stanford Routt does not impact where we’re at with Brandon Carr,” Pioli said. “As a matter of fact, Romeo [Crennel] and I both reached out to Brandon yesterday as this was unfolding and talked to him. I spoke personally with Brandon, and without getting into the details of what that conversation was, he knows and he’s known before that he’s someone that we want to try and keep here and he’s still someone we want to keep a Chief. This signing doesn’t eliminate the feelings that we have for Brandon and how we want to have him here. He knows that. He wants to be here. We want him here. And we’re going to try to work. If both sides find a deal that makes sense for one another, we’d love to have Brandon back.”

Pioli echoed those same sentiments as to Bowe. “We’re hopeful to re-sign Dwayne,” Pioli said. “One way or another, we would love to have Dwayne back here as a Chief. And just like Brandon, we would like to find a way to keep the good players that we have. The important part is that you have to come to an agreement. Dwayne is a player — again without getting into the specifics — but we’ve had conversations with Dwayne’s representatives as well as Brandon’s, and truthfully, a number of other players of ours that are free agents or are about to become free agents in a couple of weeks. We’ve been trying to get players signed and we are going to continue to do that right up until whatever that date is and then when free agency starts, we are going to continue to try to sign some of those players or players from other teams.”

Some would say the Chiefs have more than enough cap room to sign both guys. But Pioli explained that the $63 million number recently publicized doesn’t reflect incentives and escalators from 2011 that hit the cap in 2012. He said that roughly $25 million will be consumed by such payments, which puts the real cap bulge in the neighborhood of $38 million.

Regardless, the Chiefs have $38 million to play with. Unlike, say, the Steelers, who are still scrambling to eliminate $25 million in cap excesses for 2012.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/21/pioli-says-chiefs-hope-to-re-sign-carr-bowe/

O.city
02-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Well this is new information.

chiefzilla1501
02-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Can you just talk a little bit further about the "candy wrappers?"

First, just to help us clarify, if you would, I've been noticing "candy wrappers" used in many posts. And then, would you tell me exactly what it means?

Thanks,

Talking about Pioli grilling out his employees when they found a candy or gum wrapper in one of the stairwells. That was in the Arrowhead Anxiety story.

Dylan
02-21-2012, 07:50 PM
I mean we typically only use a nickel when the offense brings in an extra receiver.

Our nickel is Javier Arenas, and he's actually a solid player. He's getting better, and IMO is a fine guy to have in on 3rd down.

Brandon Carr just no longer has a place in this defense unfortunately. If we could find a way to make it happen, then great, but like I said, that would mean wrapping up a lot of our cap room on 3 guys of the same position.

It's ok to slightly downgrade IMO if it means we can now go after a true Nose, or depth at safety and ILB.

I don't see the Chiefs being one of those teams like what Philly tried to do last year and just stockpile a ton of talent at the same position. Right now the fan base isn't really happy about this move, BUT if they can make good things come out of it, then it might be worth it in the end.

Thanks, KCrockaholic - for answering my question.

As for the Eagles -- They have to upgrade at linebacker and defensive tackle - I noticed their defense played soft this season especially in the redzone. And often grew weaker as the game progressed. Traditionally, they're known as a physical, intimidating defense.

Eagles' fans of course, would tell you, get rid of Vick. In Reid's offense, the quarterback passes 40+ times per game. Vick when not hurt, is inaccurate and very un-clutch. And, he's not a fourth quarter quarterback, coming back from behind.

Just my opinion.

Dylan
02-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Talking about Pioli grilling out his employees when they found a candy or gum wrapper in one of the stairwells. That was in the Arrowhead Anxiety story.

Oh, ok...

The media picked up on the story? LOL

JoeyChuckles
02-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I thought the thread title was telling us to pee on a car.

Too late.

BigChiefFan
02-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, because I still think Pioli has something up his sleeve, to really make a big splash.

That said, if they let Carr go without franchising and getting compensation, it will be a bone-headed move.

patteeu
02-21-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, because I still think Pioli has something up his sleeve, to really make a big splash.

That said, if they let Carr go without franchising and getting compensation, it will be a bone-headed move.

Are you willing to just let Bowe walk then?

BigChiefFan
02-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Are you willing to just let Bowe walk then?

No. One needs to be signed long-term and the other franchised.

Short of ownership being cheap, there's zero reasons, not to at least use the franchise tag on one of the players and get a deal done with the agent that wants to get something done.

patteeu
02-21-2012, 08:20 PM
No. One needs to be signed long-term and the other franchised.

Short of ownership being cheap, there's zero reasons, not to at least use the franchise tag on one of the players and get a deal done with the agent that wants to get something done.

There are two sides involved in both of those negotiations. It's not at all clear that one of them can be signed to a long term deal before free agency starts. The only thing that is clearly within Pioli's control is the franchise tag on ONE of those two players. If he manages to get something done with both players, it will be a huge accomplishment.

BigChiefFan
02-21-2012, 08:26 PM
There are two sides involved in both of those negotiations. It's not at all clear that one of them can be signed to a long term deal before free agency starts. The only thing that is clearly within Pioli's control is the franchise tag on ONE of those two players. If he manages to get something done with both players, it will be a huge accomplishment.

You've got to admit he's been pretty damn good at getting people signed. He even gets the rookies signed and into camp on time.

It's a little different animal, but I think if he really wants to get something done and the player and agent, do as well, we've got a pretty good shot at getting at least one of them signed, IMO and that's all we need.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

I also give him credit, just in case we can't retain Carr, we've got plan B in place already.

Carl would have moved Arenas into the starting line-up. ;)

hometeam
02-21-2012, 08:28 PM
You guys forget that whoever does not get franchised gets to test FA. There are plenty of suitors for both of them, and with Routt signed, I think that Carr is more likely to get to test FA. And of course, he will get PAID. How many times do 25 year old top tier corners hit FA?

Chiefaholic
02-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Let's just pretend for a minute that Carr wants Flowers money. Do you guys seriously think Pioli will tie up $25+ million for a nickle package? And let's say Pioli picks up a few FA's to fill some of the multiple weaknesses we have and we have the option to use the 10+ million to have a bad ass secondary OR fix the gaping hole we have at NT with Soliai and possibly Carl Nicks at OG and keep Hudson at center.

The only way I'd be in favor of keeping Carr would be to sign him to a reasonable deal and move Routt to safety. If both Carr and Routt were asking similar cash, then it's Carr w/o question. But, BC earned a big payday and it doesn't make good business sense to tie that much cash into a secondary when we have gaping holes to fill at OG, RT, QB, and NT.

O.city
02-21-2012, 08:36 PM
First off, no way Nicks is a CHief. Dude wants 60 million or more.

Second, IMO you can never have too much of one thing. I guess punters or something like that yeah, but you can never have too many great players. Granted you have to watch your spending.

Thats the catching point. It's hard to wrap up that much money in one spot. However, if they are really going to be that good, then is it really that bad?

Pestilence
02-21-2012, 08:38 PM
What about a 3-3-5?

Jackson - Soliai - Dorsey

Hali - DJ - Houston

Flowers - Routt - Lewis - Berry - Carr

Count Zarth
02-21-2012, 08:39 PM
I would like to see Pioli under a car.

BigChiefFan
02-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Let's just pretend for a minute that Carr wants Flowers money. Do you guys seriously think Pioli will tie up $25+ million for a nickle package? And let's say Pioli picks up a few FA's to fill some of the multiple weaknesses we have and we have the option to use the 10+ million to have a bad ass secondary OR fix the gaping hole we have at NT with Soliai and possibly Carl Nicks at OG and keep Hudson at center.

The only way I'd be in favor of keeping Carr would be to sign him to a reasonable deal and move Routt to safety. If both Carr and Routt were asking similar cash, then it's Carr w/o question. But, BC earned a big payday and it doesn't make good business sense to tie that much cash into a secondary when we have gaping holes to fill at OG, RT, QB, and NT.

On paper that sounds good, but in reality it's hard to replace a 25 year old ascending CB. A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush. When you have a piece of the puzzle for years to come, you don't look for their replacement, you retain that player and move on to a position that needs upgrading.

If we lose Carr, we took a step-back in the secondary-that's not my idea of building the best team.

O.city
02-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't want to do that stuff on every down, but with Carr and Routt or Routt and wimbley or Routt, Carr and whoever, you can do some really nasty scary things with this defense.

Chiefaholic
02-21-2012, 08:49 PM
First off, no way Nicks is a CHief. Dude wants 60 million or more.

Second, IMO you can never have too much of one thing. I guess punters or something like that yeah, but you can never have too many great players. Granted you have to watch your spending.

Thats the catching point. It's hard to wrap up that much money in one spot. However, if they are really going to be that good, then is it really that bad?

I agree to an extent.. If Carr were to accept a deal that allows us to sign Soliai, and a starter on the OL (either LG or RT), then I'de be OK with it. But, right now our greatest defensive NEED is a big NT to eat up blocks and stuff the run. At this point a high salary Carr is more of a luxury than a need. Right now it's more of a wait and see approach to see what kind of contract BC is looking for. For that matter, who's to say he wants to play in KC? He might give a hometown discount to play in Detroit.

O.city
02-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Soliai sets the defense. Then you can start adding luxury pieces, like more pass rushers or more dlineman. Whatever you want.

I think this draft is gonna be Oline heavy. Wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 come out of it.

hometeam
02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
On paper that sounds good, but in reality it's hard to replace a 25 year old ascending CB. A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush. When you have a piece of the puzzle for years to come, you don't look for their replacement, you retain that player and move on to a position that needs upgrading.

If we lose Carr, we took a step-back in the secondary-that's not my idea of building the best team.

This is a true statement. The problem is, Pioli's bird is Routt.

RustShack
02-21-2012, 08:53 PM

Yes, but you also don't pay your #2 CB like an elite #1. We still need to pay our #1 WR, sign a NT, RT, OG, and more depth among other things. We also have a few more of our young core in the next few years to also retain.

BigChiefFan
02-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes, but you also don't pay your #2 CB like an elite #1. We still need to pay our #1 WR, sign a NT, RT, OG, and more depth among other things. We also have a few more of our young core in the next few years to also retain.It just all depends on how it plays out. If they don't add much in FA and just retain Bowe-I'll say they made a huge mistake.

If they retain Bowe, franchise Carr(trade) and move up for a QB and add some starters in FA, I'll say the move was brilliant.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 09:13 PM
The Chiefs have until March 5th to sign Bowe if they are wanting to use the tag on Carr. If they do sign Bowe and tag Carr with the intent on keeping him then I'd question why the fuck we just signed Routt to a 3 year deal.

O.city
02-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Pioli can spout whatever he wants, you don't sign a cb when you are looking to lock up another cb.

If they are planning on keeping Carr, this signing makes no sense.

BigChiefFan
02-21-2012, 09:19 PM
The Chiefs have until March 5th to sign Bowe if they are wanting to use the tag on Carr. If they do sign Bowe and tag Carr with the intent on keeping him then I'd question why the **** we just signed Routt to a 3 year deal.

Because you might not be able to work out a long-term deal now, but franchising him at least buys you an entire year to try and work something out.

That said, I think the hand-writings on the wall-I think we intend franchise and trade Carr.

aturnis
02-21-2012, 09:19 PM
LMAO

S'what good GMs do.

Why do yo keep saying this? We saved 2mil, 3 Tops per year? You realize Routt's contract is only 3 years right?

jd1020
02-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Because you might not be able to work out a long-term deal now, but franchising him at least buys you an entire year to try and work something out.

We just signed a CB to a multi year deal...

Signing Carr now becomes redundant.

milkman
02-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Personally, I'd like to see us keep Carr just to remind me of the good ole days when we had a shutdown secondary. I'm an old codger that believes you can win with D, but what do I know, only being a Chiefs fan since 1963.
My guess is that Carr's agent is looking for a big payday and won't give up until BC has the same money as the other Brandon.
My excuse is that I'm an old D guy myself, I hate freakin' QBs.

My fandon goes back to '63, as well, and I have always been a fan fo defense, also.

But the fact is, the rules are tilted to offense so far that, even with stellar defensive talent, in order to win a championship, you absolutely have to have that QB that can make plays.

That has always been true, but it's even more true today.

Yes, but you also don't pay your #2 CB like an elite #1. We still need to pay our #1 WR, sign a NT, RT, OG, and more depth among other things. We also have a few more of our young core in the next few years to also retain.

We don't have a #1 and #2.
We have RCB and LCB, and Flowers was matched up with other teams #1 receiver because that was the matchup teams wanted.

It just all depends on how it plays out. If they don't add much in FA and just retain Bowe-I'll say they made a huge mistake.

If they retain Bowe, franchise Carr(trade) and move up for a QB and add some starters in FA, I'll say the move was brilliant.

JFC, the Chiefs are nit trading up for a QB, you dumbass.

RustShack
02-21-2012, 09:22 PM
The Chiefs have until March 5th to sign Bowe if they are wanting to use the tag on Carr. If they do sign Bowe and tag Carr with the intent on keeping him then I'd question why the fuck we just signed Routt to a 3 year deal.

It's a pretty cheap deal the first two years, and if we do bring Carr back we can just cut Routt before his third year. Or trade him, he was afterall the #2 CB in the NFL in 2010 behind Revis when he was playing against the #2 WR's like Carr has been.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 09:25 PM
It's a pretty cheap deal the first two years, and if we do bring Carr back we can just cut Routt before his third year. Or trade him, he was afterall the #2 CB in the NFL in 2010 behind Revis when he was playing against the #2 WR's like Carr has been.

I dont care how cheap the deal is. You just took 6M away that could be used on someone like Grubbs, who could be more than a 2 year rental.

RustShack
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
I dont care how cheap the deal is. You just took 6M away that could be used on someone like Grubbs, who could be more than a 2 year rental.

So what's your option when Carr is still too expensive to resign? Arenas? And don't say pay Carr. It would be moronic to pay your #2 CB elite #1 money. That's exactly what he wants if hes not in KC next season.

BigChiefFan
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
My fandon goes back to '63, as well, and I have always been a fan fo defense, also.

But the fact is, the rules are tilted to offense so far that, even with stellar defensive talent, in order to win a championship, you absolutely have to have that QB that can make plays.

That has always been true, but it's even more true today.

We don't have a #1 and #2.
We have RCB and LCB, and Flowers was matched up with other teams #1 receiver because that was the matchup teams wanted.

JFC, the Chiefs are nit trading up for a QB, you dumbass.

You know what? I don't really give a flyin' fuck what you think. I've tried to be civil with you and just because I have a God damn hope of having a franchise QB, for some reason you have to resort to petty, childish, dildoery.

Oh noes, somebody dreams of having a franchise QB, they must be an idiot. Fuck you, sideways, dick. I have had enough of your mouthy shit and I'm not going to continue to turn the other cheek.

You want to keep calling me out, expect the same in kind.

Find another tree to bark up, you miserable twat.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 09:28 PM
So what's your option when Carr is still too expensive to resign? Arenas?

Why am I worried about Carr? We just signed Routt.

RustShack
02-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Why am I worried about Carr? We just signed Routt.

So what the hell did you quote me for.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
So what the hell did you quote me for.

Because you were talking about bringing Carr back? Did you forget?

Direckshun
02-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Carr's most logical landing spot is Tampa.

They are at the point where they have to spend money, they lost both their starting corners, and they play the Cover 2.

milkman
02-21-2012, 09:38 PM
You know what? I don't really give a flyin' **** what you think. I've tried to be civil with you and just because I have a God damn hope of having a franchise QB, for some reason you have to resort to petty, childish, dildoery.

Oh noes, somebody dreams of having a franchise QB, they must be an idiot. **** you, sideways, dick. I have had enough of your mouthy shit and I'm not going to continue to turn the other cheek.

You want to keep calling me out, expect the same in kind.

Find another tree to bark up, you miserable twat.

I call you out because you're a dumbfuck.

I want a franchise QB as bad as anyone here.
I've been on that bandwagon for years.

But, you see I live in the real world, Peter Pan.

Direckshun
02-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Milkman,

Eat a dick.

Sincerely,

Direckshun

Someone has to say it from time to time.

philfree
02-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Carr's most logical landing spot is Tampa.

They are at the point where they have to spend money, they lost both their starting corners, and they play the Cover 2.

So we sign Bowe and then franchise Carr after which we let the Bucs sign Carr for the compensation of swaping our 1st with their 1st(#5) and their 2nd(#36). :thumb:

Direckshun
02-21-2012, 09:46 PM
So we sign Bowe and then franchise Carr after which we let the Bucs sign Carr for the compensation of swaping our 1st with their 1st(#5) and their 2nd(#36). :thumb:

Shine on, you crazy bastard.

O.city
02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
If Carr is gonna be that hot of a commodity, what would he bring if we did franchise him? I mean if we can sign Bowe that is?

O.city
02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
It's gonna be super tough to let Carr walk on his second contract, but if he's wanting Revis money ..............gonna be tough to pay that.

Whats the franchise tag cost us if we franchised Carr?

Direckshun
02-21-2012, 09:49 PM
It's gonna be super tough to let Carr walk on his second contract, but if he's wanting Revis money ..............gonna be tough to pay that.

Whats the franchise tag cost us if we franchised Carr?

He'd be like $10+ million, give or take.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 09:50 PM

Figures I've seen have ranged from 10.4-10.6M for the CB tag.

Think its around 9.5M for the WR tag.

O.city
02-21-2012, 09:51 PM
So are we just likely to franchise Bowe now?

I mean if we could sign Bowe and use that rollover money to just pay Carr for one year, maybe. I dunno i just hate letting Carr walk.

O.city
02-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Whats the wr tag?

Direckshun
02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
So are we just likely to franchise Bowe now?

I mean if we could sign Bowe and use that rollover money to just pay Carr for one year, maybe. I dunno i just hate letting Carr walk.

Carr's not going to take a one-year contract, nor should he. We have to either franchise him, or lose him.

IMO, you absolutely have to tag Bowe. There's virtually nothing we can do to account for a loss like Bowe.

O.city
02-21-2012, 09:54 PM
I didn't mean a one year contract, I was meaning that as the franchise tag.

Sign Bowe, Franchise Carr pay him for a year.

Consistent1
02-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Just posting the Bowe part, but it's from the section of guys that will be franchised. The three are Welker, Bowe and DeSean Jackson. Interesting newer quote from Pioli. It's not concrete, but sounds a little different.

Evan Silva
Offseason Low Down

"2. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs

Overview: The Stanford Routt signing paves the way for Brandon Carr's exit, leaving Bowe as the obvious candidate for the Chiefs' franchise tag. GM Scott Pioli confirmed as much Tuesday morning, stating "one way or another" Bowe would be back in Kansas City in 2012. While Bowe's numbers were down across the board versus a tougher schedule last season, he continued to show game-breaking ability by leading the NFL in receiving broken tackles.

Overview: Chiefs on a one-year, $9.6 million contract. "

O.city
02-21-2012, 09:57 PM
I mean if you give Bowe a contract, then franchise Carr, atleast you get another year of Carr.

I doubt he woudl sign it though.

Direckshun
02-21-2012, 09:59 PM
There's just no way Pioli allows Bowe to exhaust the franchise tag. He should be signed.

Bowe may hold out... He has that history.

O.city
02-21-2012, 10:02 PM
So we basically can take Carrs money and sign two players with it.

Routt is one, question is who is the other one?

Soliai? A safety? Orton?

Consistent1
02-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Same Silva article in RFA section...Do you want to give Bowe anything close to this prediction right now? Would be a little less, sure, but he'll swing for the fences...

"1. Mike Wallace, Steelers

Scouting Report: A third-round steal in the 2009 draft, Wallace quickly passed Limas Sweed to be Pittsburgh's No. 3 receiver as a rookie. The Steelers felt comfortable trading Santonio Holmes during the 2010 offseason, primarily because of Wallace's emergence, and he's led the team in receiving two straight years. While Wallace is sometimes billed as a straight-line speedster, his ability to take the top off a defense opens things up for other players. Wallace has been durable for his size (6'0/199) and has yet to miss a game due to injury. He's averaging 18.7 yards per career reception with 24 TDs. In 34 starts, Wallace has averaged 78 yards per game. Only eight NFL wide receivers had more first-down catches in 2011. Wallace ran a 4.33 forty time at the 2009 Combine, also demonstrating explosion with a vertical leap of 40 inches and 10-foot, 9-inch broad jump. Not yet 26 years old, Wallace is the most dynamic deep threat in the AFC.

Availability: The new CBA prevents restricted free agents from receiving the old first- and third-round tender, a once-prohibitive tag for interested teams. The highest tender is now a first-round only designation, requiring clubs in pursuit to surrender a top-32 draft pick if they propose an offer sheet the restricted free agent's current team cannot match. In other words, Wallace can be acquired for a first-round pick and contract the Steelers decline to pay. Pittsburgh is strapped for salary cap space and may balk at any contract proposal that contains a large first-year roster bonus. As a top-ten NFL receiver, Wallace is well worth the money and draft choice.

Prediction: Ravens on a five-year, $47.5 million contract. "

Consistent1
02-21-2012, 10:09 PM
It's not a horrible deal compared to the tag.

O.city
02-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I'd give Bowe that in a heartbeat.

5 years 55 million is about what I would do.

Heres a question for you guys. If losing Carr means we get Routt, Soliai, Bowe, and Manning are you ok with it?

philfree
02-21-2012, 10:15 PM

Heres a question for you guys. If losing Carr means we get Routt, Soliai, Bowe, and Manning are you ok with it?

Plus compensation for Carr. I really believe the Chiefs are in a position to sign Bowe and tag Carr. Pioli has got to get it done.

Fruit Ninja
02-21-2012, 10:16 PM

carr who?

O.city
02-21-2012, 10:17 PM
The only way this non Carr signing is justified is if we make a big splash with the money they saved.

Otherwise, it was all a big lie about saving money to sign our own guys.

whoman69
02-21-2012, 10:31 PM
IMO no way we should sign Wallace. What's the point of giving Matt Cassel a deep threat he can't hit. Its like putting hot celebrities on the girls you want to bang list. Sure, you want to bang 'em, but it ain't happening.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Plus compensation for Carr. I really believe the Chiefs are in a position to sign Bowe and tag Carr. Pioli has got to get it done.

LMAO

Chiefs will not get compensation for Carr if they signed all of those players.

Count Zarth
02-21-2012, 10:35 PM
IMO no way we should sign Wallace. What's the point of giving Matt Cassel a deep threat he can't hit. Its like putting hot celebrities on the girls you want to bang list. Sure, you want to bang 'em, but it ain't happening.

Wallace isn't leaving Pitt.

Good teams keep their premier, young players.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 10:36 PM

You sure about that?

Pitt cannot afford to franchise tag him. They can only tender him and I'm betting that there are a few teams that would willing give up one of their firsts to sign him... Patriots come to mind.

philfree
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM
LMAO

Chiefs will not get compensation for Carr if they signed all of those players.

They will if he's franchised. I think you must have missed that part.

Direckshun
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Pitt will cut half their roster before they lose Wallace.

I'm guessing Casey Hampton's on the streets.

Which, by the way, means he could be a Chief on a one-year rental.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 10:40 PM
They will if he's franchised. I think you must have missed that part.

Guess I did, because there was no mention of the franchise tag.

mcaj22
02-21-2012, 10:43 PM

where are they getting the cap space from? Another planet? They will use the tag on Wallace though.

the Steelers are so ****ed they have to cut a shitload of guys just to make room to sign their draft picks. Even then that wont be enough

Count Zarth
02-21-2012, 10:48 PM
where are they getting the cap space from? Another planet? They will use the tag on Wallace though.

the Steelers are so ****ed they have to cut a shitload of guys just to make room to sign their draft picks. Even then that wont be enough

I bet they beat the piss out of Pioli's house of cards next year.

Psyko Tek
02-21-2012, 10:49 PM

fuck are we
pioliiiieeeeeii
is a dumb fuck that man is gonna be world class
lock him up

philfree
02-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Guess I did, because there was no mention of the franchise tag.

Read closer.

Originally Posted by philfree

jd1020
02-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Read closer.

Originally Posted by philfree

The question you were answering made no mention of the franchise tag and even if they did give him the franchise tag, what compensation are they going to get? He can't negotiate with other teams.

KCrockaholic
02-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Milkman,

Eat a dick.

Sincerely,

Direckshun

Someone has to say it from time to time.

One of my favorite lines from here one time. I don't remember who said it, but somebody was all like "Milk a cock Milkman". I don't know why but I laugh for about a day. I might not forget that one. So simple. So funny. But I like him. Usually.

philfree
02-21-2012, 10:58 PM
The question you were answering made no mention of the franchise tag and even if they did give him the franchise tag, what compensation are they going to get? He can't negotiate with other teams.

No offesne intended but I don't think you understand how the franchise tag works. A team will have to agree to the compensation we want for Carr to talk to him and sign him. What a team who wants Carr will give up I don't know but he's considered the top FA CB on the market so he has some value. Perhaps a late 1st or early 2nd round pick:shrug:

Bump
02-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Pioli is full of shit, no way Carr is returning. We're happy with Arenas at nickel and Pioli isn't tying up that much money on 3 CB's

jd1020
02-21-2012, 11:00 PM
No offesne intended but I don't think you understand how the franchise tag works. A team will have to agree to the compensation we want for Carr to talk to him and sign him. What a team who wants Carr will give up I don't know but he's considered the top FA CB on the market so he has some value. Perhaps a late 1st or early 2nd round pick:shrug:

I dont think you do, tbh. There are 2 types of tags. Exclusive and non-exclusive. An exclusive tag prevents a player from negotiating with other teams. Non-exclusive means that if he signs with someone else the Chiefs are awarded 2 first round picks from that team. No one is going to give up 2 firsts for Carr.

If you are tagging Carr, you are tagging to trade him.

philfree
02-21-2012, 11:18 PM
I dont think you do, tbh. There are 2 types of tags. Exclusive and non-exclusive. An exclusive tag prevents a player from negotiating with other teams. Non-exclusive means that if he signs with someone else the Chiefs are awarded 2 first round picks from that team. No one is going to give up 2 firsts for Carr.

If you are tagging Carr, you are tagging to trade him.

Two first is the starting point but A team can choose to take less. And a player can negotiate with another team if he's given permission. That happens after the two teams agree on compensation usually.

So yeah the Chiefs would be tagging him to trade him.

If we can sign Bowe then that puts us a position to get something out of Carr for him to sign with another team by using the franchise tag. I think he's worth a 2nd round pick at least.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Two first is the starting point but A team can choose to take less. And a player can negotiate with another team if he's given permission. That happens after the two teams agree on compensation usually.

So yeah the Chiefs would be tagging him to trade him.

If we can sign Bowe then that puts us a position to get something out of Carr for him to sign with another team by using the franchise tag. I think he's worth a 2nd round pick at least.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

"Two tag types: Non-exclusive franchise tags allow players to negotiate with other teams. Exclusive tags prevent players from negotiating with other teams. Teams naming non-exclusive franchise players retain the right to match outside offers or receive two first-round picks from the signing team should they decide against matching. Teams favor non-exclusive tags."

philfree
02-21-2012, 11:30 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

"Two tag types: Non-exclusive franchise tags allow players to negotiate with other teams. Exclusive tags prevent players from negotiating with other teams. Teams naming non-exclusive franchise players retain the right to match outside offers or receive two first-round picks from the signing team should they decide against matching. Teams favor non-exclusive tags."

I'm not sure what you're arguing. The Chiefs can put a non-exclusive tag on Carr and then take less then two 1st rounders for him. They can take anything they want. We gave a 2nd rounder for Cassel.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure what you're arguing. The Chiefs can put a non-exclusive tag on Carr and then take less then two 1st rounders for him. They can take anything they want. We gave a 2nd rounder for Cassel.

We traded a 2nd for Cassel and Vrabel.

JFC.

Believe what you want.

philfree
02-21-2012, 11:35 PM
We traded a 2nd for Cassel and Vrabel.

JFC.

Believe what you want.

Everyone knows Vrable was part of that deal. We didn't make the trade for those guys until after Cassel had been franchised. It's like you're arguing the obvious.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Everyone knows Vrable was part of that deal. We didn't make the trade for those guys until after Cassel had been franchised. It's like you're arguing the obvious.

You don't even have a clue about what you are talking about.

If we would have SIGNED Cassel we would have had to give the Patriots 2 first round picks.

We traded for Cassel AFTER he signed the tag.

philfree
02-21-2012, 11:41 PM
You don't even have a clue about what you are talking about.

If we would have SIGNED Cassel we would have to have given the Patriots 2 first round picks.

We traded for Cassel AFTER he signed the tag.

Well they tagged him and in the end we got him for 2nd round pick. I'd be glad to read your expanation of the mechanics of the whole thing though. I could always stand to learn something.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Well they tagged him and in the end we got him for 2nd round pick. I'd be glad to read your expanation of the mechanics of the whole thing though. I could always stand to learn something.

I just did explain it and you apparently didn't learn anything. So I guess you never will.

Good luck with the whole "We have rights to 2 of your firsts but we'll take just a 2nd" thing.

FAX
02-21-2012, 11:44 PM
ROFL

I've seen some pretty wacky arguments on this place before, but this one isn't just circular, it's more like a fractal.

FAX

BossChief
02-21-2012, 11:53 PM
I just did explain it and you apparently didn't learn anything. So I guess you never will.

Good luck with the whole "We have rights to 2 of your firsts but we'll take just a 2nd" thing.

You are just arguing to argue.

Like usual, you are arguing with yourself.

If we tag Carr and he signs that tag, we can trade him for whatever we want to.

What part of that is so hard to understand?

The point is, if we can get Bowe signed to a respectable deal...and then tag Carr and he signs it, we can trade him wherever we want and if its handled correctly, we could get SOMETHING in return for him.

Thats all anyone is saying.

And its right.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 11:55 PM
You are just arguing to argue.

Like usual, you are arguing with yourself.

If we tag Carr and he signs that tag, we can trade him for whatever we want to.

What part of that is so hard to understand?

The point is, if we can get Bowe signed to a respectable deal...and then tag Carr and he signs it, we can trade him wherever we want and if its handled correctly, we could get SOMETHING in return for him.

Thats all anyone is saying.

And its right.

And if we do that we don't have the money for Soliai and Manning because we aren't just getting "compensation" for Carr.

Hell... I doubt we have it if he just walked off the team.

philfree
02-21-2012, 11:55 PM
ROFL

I've seen some pretty wacky arguments on this place before, but this one isn't just circular, it's more like a fractal.

FAX

It's like I wasn't arguing but he was.

jd1020
02-21-2012, 11:59 PM
It's like I wasn't arguing but he was.

I was correcting you on your "knowledge" of the franchise tag.

We didn't give up a 2nd for a franchise tagged player. We gave up a 2nd for a member of the Patriots.

philfree
02-22-2012, 12:04 AM
I was correcting you on your "knowledge" of the franchise tag.

We didn't give up a 2nd for a franchise tagged player. We gave up a 2nd for a member of the Patriots.

Yeah but if NE hadn't franchised Cassel he could have signed with the Chiefs or any team and NE wouldn't have gotten the 2nd round pick. Or any pick.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:07 AM
And if we do that we don't have the money for Soliai and Manning because we aren't just getting "compensation" for Carr.

Wrong again.

If we tag/sign/trade Carr, we would be on the books for NOTHING as far as salary goes that we aren't committed to RIGHT NOW. The team that trades for him would be.

The only way Carr would effect our cap situation is if nobody wanted to trade for him and we got "stuck with him"...buut the fact is, somebody WOULD give up a premium pick for a 25 year old shut down corner.

Similar situation to Cassel in 2009 and I think the compensation would be similar.

We would just be "up" whatever picks we could get out of the trade.

For this to happen, it would be well worth it for us to cave on Bowes demands because even though we would maybe overpay by a million per year, that would be returned by the value we could get from the draft pick we could get for Brandon Carr.

Lets say we move him for a 2nd rounder (that would probably be realistic, as teams wont want to give up that much in compensation because the cost of draft picks is so much lower and Carr would require a big contract to go along with whatever pick is offered)....thats a premium pick we didnt have before.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Wrong again.

If we tag/sign/trade Carr, we would be on the books for NOTHING as far as salary goes that we aren't committed to RIGHT NOW. The team that trades for him would be.

The only way Carr would effect our cap situation is if nobody wanted to trade for him and we got "stuck with him"...buut the fact is, somebody WOULD give up a premium pick for a 25 year old shut down corner.

Similar situation to Cassel in 2009 and I think the compensation would be similar.

We would just be "up" whatever picks we could get out of the trade.

For this to happen, it would be well worth it for us to cave on Bowes demands because even though we would maybe overpay by a million per year, that would be returned by the value we could get from the draft pick we could get for Brandon Carr.

Lets say we move him for a 2nd rounder (that would probably be realistic, as teams wont want to give up that much in compensation because the cost of draft picks is so much lower and Carr would require a big contract to go along with whatever pick is offered)....thats a premium pick we didnt have before.

You assume we'd tag him for a pick.

WhiteWhale
02-22-2012, 12:13 AM

He doesn't have a clue how it works.

I mean to be totally offensive too. If you don't know what you're talking about, shut the **** up and learn first. Asserting things that are wrong out of ignorance makes one look incredibly stupid.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM

I dont assume anything, dumbass.

There is NO CHANCE IN FUCKING HELL that Pioli would tag Carr with the intention of keeping him.

FFS you fool, we just signed a starting corner to a 3 year contract for starter money (7 million per year)

I think there is about a 5% chance that any of this has ANY basis in reality because if we could have signed Bowe to a longterm deal, we would have by now.

BUT

It makes sense to go this route because it would be a way to ensure that Carr doesnt go to a division rival (like Denver, who has the need and the $$$)

For just that reason alone, it would be worth tag/sign/trading Carr for even a mid round pick like a 3rd or 4th...if thats all we could get.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
I dont assume anything, dumbass.

There is NO CHANCE IN ****ING HELL that Pioli would tag Carr with the intention of keeping him.

FFS you fool, we just signed a starting corner to a 3 year contract for starter money (7 million per year)

I think there is about a 5% chance that any of this has ANY basis in reality because if we could have signed Bowe to a longterm deal, we would have by now.

BUT

It makes sense to go this route because it would be a way to ensure that Carr doesnt go to a division rival (like Denver, who has the need and the $$$)

For just that reason alone, it would be worth tag/sign/trading Carr for even a mid round pick like a 3rd or 4th...if thats all we could get.

I never said anything about keeping him you dumb fuck.

Stop assuming.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:30 AM

I never said anything about keeping him you dumb fuck.

Stop assuming.

Please, do explain how if we tag him that there are other options besides:

A) Keeping him

B) trading him.

JFC, if you want to go around flaming anyone here, at least try to acquire some fucking knowledge about what you are arguing so you dont end up on the fools end of things every fucking time.

Fuck

NJChiefsFan
02-22-2012, 12:31 AM

Hell... I doubt we have it if he just walked off the team.

I only read a few posts of this arguement so maybe I am misunderstanding, but are you saying that if we tag and trade Carr we wouldn't have the $ for Soliai and Manning?

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Please, do explain how if we tag him that there are other options besides:

A) Keeping him

B) trading him.

JFC, if you want to go around flaming anyone here, at least try to acquire some ****ing knowledge about what you are arguing so you dont end up on the fools end of things every ****ing time.

I find it amazing how dumb you really are.

The only thing teams trade for players are picks. :rolleyes:

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:34 AM
I only read a few posts of this arguement so maybe I am misunderstanding, but are you saying that if we tag and trade Carr we wouldn't have the $ for Soliai and Manning?

You read it right.

Clueless poster made another clueless post.

Its a trend.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:35 AM
You read it right.

Clueless poster made another clueless post.

Its a trend.

Lookin in the mirror?

suzzer99
02-22-2012, 12:37 AM
sick burn

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:39 AM

This is the last time I am gonna post something that is absolutely common sense for most here, casual fan.

IF WE TAG CARR, HE SIGNS THE FRANCHISE TAG AND WE TRADE HIM....WE DON'T OWE HIM A SINGLE RED CENT, THE TEAM THAT TRADES FOR HIM DOES.

IT WOULDN'T EFFECT OUR CAP AT ALL.

NONE

UNDERSTAND THAT?

I DOUBT YOU DO, BECAUSE IT WASN'T WRITTEN IN CRAYON.

PLEASE, WEAR CONDOMS.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:40 AM
This is the last time I am gonna post something that is absolutely common sense for most here, casual fan.

IF WE TAG CARR, HE SIGNS THE FRANCHISE TAG AND WE TRADE HIM....WE DON'T OWE HIM A SINGLE RED CENT, THE TEAM THAT TRADES FOR HIM DOES.

IT WOULDN'T EFFECT OUR CAP AT ALL.

NONE

UNDERSTAND THAT?

I DOUBT YOU DO, BECAUSE IT WASN'T WRITTEN IN CRAYON.

PLEASE, WEAR CONDOMS.

You are hilariously clueless. Keep trying though.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:43 AM
You are hilariously clueless. Keep trying though.

OK, try to explain how you arent a complete idiot in this conversation.

Tell us all how if we tag Carr, he signs it and we trade hi how that would effect our cap.

Ill be waiting to laugh at your response...

morAn

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:44 AM
OK, try to explain how you arent a complete idiot in this conversation.

Tell us all how if we tag Carr, he signs it and we trade hi how that would effect our cap.

Ill be waiting to laugh at your response...

morAn

I already have explained it but you are too fucking stupid to figure out the missing piece.

I'll let you try and figure it out.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:47 AM
I already have explained it but you are too fucking stupid to figure out the missing piece.

I'll let you try and figure it out.

Come out with it, fool

Prove your dumbassery, again.

EVERYONE needs a laugh.

I want you to try to make a case that we will do all that and then trade Carr for another teams cap troubled player or some other far fetched idiotic idea that popped into your dumbass brain while playing Madden.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 12:50 AM

Your answer lies here.

Maybe by morning you'll have figured it out.

Good night and good luck.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:52 AM
JD, you should probably just thank the lucky stars that guys like Dane, Hamas, Skip and others arent here anymore.

I just dont have the time to point out all the dumb shit you post every fucking day.

Most of the time, your arguments arent even coherent.

You argue with yourself all the fucking time and almost never make any sense "in the real world"

I bet you have one hell of a good madden team, though.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Please, make this your drink of choice for now on.

Count Zarth
02-22-2012, 12:57 AM
jd is one dumb motherfucker

BossChief
02-22-2012, 12:59 AM
the sad thing is that there are 1 or 2 quality posters that have JD in their username that get mistaken for the idiot all the time, unfairly.

I wish a mod would change his username to something else so that doesnt happen.

Ive seen JD10367 get flamed a couple times by posters getting him mistaken for this JD1020 fool.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 01:05 AM
October 7th, 2009

New York Jets : WR Braylon Edwards

Cleveland Browns: WR Chansi Stuckey, LB Jason Trusnik, 2 Undisclosed Draft Picks

Get to chuggin your antifreeze.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 01:10 AM
:facepalm:

Seriously?

You clown yourself with every post.

Chocolate Hog
02-22-2012, 01:11 AM
JD, you should probably just thank the lucky stars that guys like Dane, Hamas, Skip and others arent here anymore.

I just dont have the time to point out all the dumb shit you post every ****ing day.

Most of the time, your arguments arent even coherent.

You argue with yourself all the ****ing time and almost never make any sense "in the real world"

I bet you have one hell of a good madden team, though.

To be fair you think i'm a dumbass and all those guys you mentioned liked me.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 01:12 AM
:facepalm:

Seriously?

You clown yourself with every post.

I await your explanation of how both teams don't take a cap hit.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 01:16 AM
ROFL

For your own good, just stop.

Go to sleep, sober up....or if you are sober, start drinking.

Stop doing drugs, or if you are clean, start doing them.

Go to church, or if you already go, stop going.

Whatever you are doing, change it because your brain doesnt fucking work with its current situation.

That's solid advice.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 01:17 AM
What are the Chiefs under the cap right now with the signing of Routt? 31M.

Say they sign Bowe to his demands. It's been reported hes asking for something like Holmes. So lets say he gets 10M.

Now tell me where the Chiefs get the money for Soliai, Manning, all the rest of their FA's, and draft picks.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 01:18 AM
ROFL

For your own good, just stop.

Nice explanation.

Here's some more...

August 5th, 2009

New England Patroits : T Derrick Burgess

Oakland Raiders : OL Al Johnson

July 25th, 2009

St. Louis Rams : WR Ronald Curry

Detroit Lions : DT Orien Harris

March 14th, 2009

Seattle Seahawks : DL Cory Redding, Undisclosed 2009 Pick

Detroit Lions : LB Julian Peterson

February 28th, 2009

Dallas Cowboys : QB Jon Kitna

Detroit Lions : CB Anthony Henry

BossChief
02-22-2012, 01:22 AM

Say they sign Bowe to his demands. It's been reported hes asking for something like Holmes. So lets say he gets 10M.

Now tell me where the Chiefs get the money for Soliai, Manning, all the rest of their FA's, and draft picks.

FFS

NONE OF THAT CHANGES ONE BIT IF WE TAG/TRADE BRANDON CARR, YOU DROOLING FUCKING IDIOT.

How can one person be this dumb and continue to post as if he is right?

You are obviously delusional.

Get help.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 01:23 AM
FFS

NONE OF THAT CHANGES ONE BIT IF WE TAG/TRADE BRANDON CARR, YOU DROOLING ****ING IDIOT.

How can one person be this dumb and continue to post as if he is right?

You are obviously delusional.

Get help.

You still sit here and ignore the fact that teams trade more than just picks.

Dylan
02-22-2012, 01:24 AM

Carr certainly has rare durability:

Most Consecuative Starts by Active Cornerback Position Players:
1. Ronde Barber, TB 195 Games
2. Charles Woodson, GB, 60 Games
3. Brandon Carr, KC 60 Games
Through Week 13 2011

Here is one of the Web site's I visit - Spotrac.com is the largest online sports player contract system, 32 teams, cap tracker, top salaries, free agents, draft tracker, on the internet. Including over 5,000 MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL contracts, year by year salaries, and up to date transactions:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/

2012 Top Base Salaries Cornerback:

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/cornerback/

The problem we face, fans don't know if there is a single source online that is really accurate.

The NFL keeps some of the calculatings private. So I hear.

Who knows what's right. Sun Sentinel published this on Feb 21st:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-nfl-salary-cap-teams-2012,0,5969798.htmlstory

WhiteWhale
I await your explanation of how both teams don't take a cap hit.

Go read about the rules surrounding the franchise tag and you can find the explanation.

Stop talking and go get the correct information so you don't look so incredibly stupid. You're embarrassing the human race.

BossChief
You know what, dont get help.

Just go buy a gun and end it.

Before you do it though, please do change your username so that good posters dont get mistaken for your dumbass.

Please.

Chief Roundup
02-22-2012, 01:26 AM

Well for one thing we won't be signing Manning.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Go read about the rules surrounding the franchise tag and you can find the explanation.

Stop talking and go get the correct information so you don't look so incredibly stupid. You're embarrassing the human race.

Nothing I've said about the franchise tags are wrong, idiot.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 01:30 AM
We would trade Brandon Carr for a "Chanci Stucky" and that would prohibit us from signing Peyton Manning and Paul Soliai /JD1020

Jesus fuck, I thought I had heard it all.

nope

jd1020
02-22-2012, 01:36 AM
We would trade Brandon Carr for a "Chanci Stucky" and that would prohibit us from signing Peyton Manning and Paul Soliai /JD1020

Jesus ****, I thought I had heard it all.

nope

Pretty much anything is going to prevent the Chiefs from signing Bowe, Soliai, and Manning with only 31M in cap space and a whole shit ton of FA's to re-sign and draft picks to sign.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Just walk away.

We are done here.

Unless you want to continue to prove what a fool you are.

Dylan
02-22-2012, 01:48 AM
The Redskins are $41,254,554 under the cap ...

How did they get out of perpetual cap hell?

LMAO

Priceless - They'll be buying up everybody!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-nfl-salary-cap-teams-2012,0,5969798.htmlstory

jd1020
02-22-2012, 01:49 AM
You still have yet to come up with anything besides "you are a fool" for the question of signing Bowe, Soliai, and Manning.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 01:53 AM
You fucking morAn.

I haven't said they would sign them, did I? Nope, sure didn't.

YOU said that if we tag/traded Carr that would be a move that would prohibit us from signing those guys.

JFC

Keep posting, sport.

I'm sure there are a couple kindergarteners in Bangladesh that haven't heard of your dumbassery, yet and need a good laugh.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 01:57 AM

What are you trying to say here?

Just curious.

Sounds to me like you are sarcastically trying to say it can be done, even if the Chiefs picked up a contract in a Carr trade.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 02:01 AM
This is what you posted

What are you trying to say here?

Just curious.

Sounds to me like you are sarcastically trying to say it can be done, even if the Chiefs picked up a contract in a Carr trade.

This is what I read

I am a fucking fool and regret ever posting that dumb shit and am not willing to just walk away having learned a lesson not to post shit before I have somebody with common sense proof read it beforehand

Can you seriously NOT see the complete dumbassery in your statement?

A better question is why I have wasted all this time trying to show you how foolish your take was when you dont have the common sense to be able to understand it, anyway.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Still nothing to say, eh?

Here's to you wishing that Dane, Hamas, and Skip still posted so you could all suck each other off in the corner. :toast:

Take a nap while I put you on ignore.

BossChief
02-22-2012, 02:06 AM
haha

A pussy, too.

Color me surprised...in crayon.

Direckshun
02-22-2012, 08:20 AM
What exactly is your gig, jd?

I've only started to notice you this offseason? You seem to have your panties in a perpetual twist.

Not knocking you, necessarily, though you're making a hell of an effort to get knocked right now. But you have a hell of a dour attitude.

ChiefsCountry
02-22-2012, 09:38 AM
What exactly is your gig, jd?

I've only started to notice you this offseason? You seem to have your panties in a perpetual twist.

Not knocking you, necessarily, though you're making a hell of an effort to get knocked right now. But you have a hell of a dour attitude.

He is Mecca and chiefnj2's love child.

DenverDanChiefsFan
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Holy crap. I think I need to drink antifreeze after reading the stupid shit jd posted. I never noticed him before, has the dude always been this fucking stupid?

whoman69
02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Pretty much anything is going to prevent the Chiefs from signing Bowe, Soliai, and Manning with only 31M in cap space and a whole shit ton of FA's to re-sign and draft picks to sign.

If you believe that figure.

BigCatDaddy
02-22-2012, 12:54 PM
If you believe that figure.

Manning won't even be getting Mark Castle type money with his injury risk.

DeezNutz
02-22-2012, 01:06 PM
What kind of cap hit did the Pats take when they tagged and subsequently traded Castle? I bet it was immense.

Awfully good of them to go through all of that trouble just to ensure that we'd get the player. Pioli love.

whoman69
02-22-2012, 03:32 PM
To franchise him they needed to give him a salary of $14 million, so I'm guessing that's the hit they took.

Bewbies
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Holy shit if that last comment is real. LMAO

RustShack
02-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Has JD1020 just become the biggest retard on this forum? Has he always been this stupid?

RustShack
02-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Sadly I'm not surprised to read this, because the tried arguing nothing with me last night. Luckily I just walked away because I figured he just read it wrong and would later realize that, but nope.. hes full retard.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Sadly I'm not surprised to read this, because the tried arguing nothing with me last night. Luckily I just walked away because I figured he just read it wrong and would later realize that, but nope.. hes full retard.

You mean when you walked away from your idea of bringing Carr back because Routt's deal is so cheap and can be cut after the 2nd year? Congrats, you are so smart now...

RustShack
02-22-2012, 06:22 PM
You mean when you walked away from your idea of bringing Carr back because Routt's deal is so cheap and can be cut after the 2nd year? Congrats, you are so smart now...

Lol. Yeah, if we tag Carr and don't find a good trade we can keep him and and continue to try to sign him long term. If we end up getting him signed we can then cut ties with Routt after two years because the real money comes in his third year so it wouldn't have been too expensive to keep him and Carr. It's keeping both longterm that would get expensive, which is why one would have to get traded eventually.

But I'm going to end it there, because you've already proven how clueless you are.

jd1020
02-22-2012, 06:24 PM
But I'm going to end it there, because you've already proven how clueless you are.

Good.

Anyone looking to lock up 24M a year in CBs is retarded.

RustShack
02-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Good.

Anyone looking to lock up 24M a year in CBs is retarded.

LMAO

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Iron Horse‏@BCarr39Reply
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Who can possibly sleep on a night like tonight...✌gnite. The work has been put in, let's see the results tmrw!

Count Zarth
03-12-2012, 09:57 PM
He's talking about free agency opening, nothing else.

aturnis
03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
He's talking about free agency opening, nothing else.

We know. What's your point?

O.city
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Well the guy deserves a payday. He's worked hard.

BigChiefFan
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
So another bullshit story of re-signing our own, especially when they've earned it.

I'd almost guarantee we won't be retaining Carr.

Chiefshrink
03-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Clark Hunt needs to wake up and realize that if you don't bring money in, that hurts as much as keeping costs down.

Plain and simple, if the Chiefs don't sign Carr, fans will know it was because of money. And claiming money is an issue when you have gazillions left in the cap won't fly. If they don't sign Carr, they sure as hell be ready to sign a mountain of free agents. Hell, they better be ready to do that anyway.

Well Pioli has said many times just because you have a zillion dollars of cap space doesn't mean you go spend all of it like the Fed Govt. Pioli wants VALUE period for the talent he brings in. Bellichek is gifted in finding these no names at bargain prices that CAN PLAY and Pioli is doing the same thing.

O.city
03-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Thing is next year we HAVE to spend this money. I'd rather spend it this year on these free agents than overpay for what might be out ther enext yeat.

Chiefshrink
03-12-2012, 10:13 PM
So another bullshit story of re-signing our own, especially when they've earned it.

I'd almost guarantee we won't be retaining Carr.

Nah we won't and he will probably go to Denver. They love Carr out here:thumb: The comment by Pioli is not lip service IF Carr will come back for Pioli's price but Carr knows Pioli won't pay him thus the signing of Routt.

Fritz88
03-12-2012, 10:15 PM
I bet he's expecting big news.

DeezNutz
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Well Pioli has said many times just because you have a zillion dollars of cap space doesn't mean you go spend all of it like the Fed Govt. Pioli wants VALUE period for the talent he brings in. Bellichek is gifted in finding these no names at bargain prices that CAN PLAY and Pioli is doing the same thing.

LMAO.

Sounds like we need to try to lock up the Hoodie.

BigChiefFan
03-12-2012, 10:18 PM
I bet he's expecting big news.

Yeah, he gets to get the Hell out of here and go play for a real team committed to winning and improving their roster.

Fruit Ninja
03-12-2012, 10:18 PM

Well, The Patriots actually win in the play offs. The Chiefs barely scrap the play offs every few years, then take an ass raping when they get there. Apples and Oranges.

Doing it the "patriots way" and not having a QB is just fail.

I just wanna see a damned play off win. I am not even asking for a damned SUperbowl anymore. Its very embarrassing to say my team is one of the worst teams in the NFL when it comes to post season success in the last 40 years.

BigRock
03-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Thing is next year we HAVE to spend this money. I'd rather spend it this year on these free agents than overpay for what might be out ther enext yeat.

People have to quit saying this.

Next year, teams have to start spending 89% of the cap amount in CASH SPENDING. Not in salary cap space. Meaning whatever the cap is, 89% of that amount has to be getting paid out to the players on the team.

A year ago, the Chiefs were incredibliy close to spending 100% of the cap amount in cash spending. The cap was $120 million, the Chiefs' cash spending was about $119 million. They supposedly had the 9th highest cash spending total in the league. And they still had $20+ million of cap space, proving that the two things have little to do with each other.

They were well above the 89% last year. They'll be well above it this year. And Clark told the Star it's never going to be a problem.

There is not, not at any point, going to be a time when they will have to go spend money. Anyone who thinks the Chiefs are going to be forced to go out and sign people this year or next is in for serious disappointment.

King_Chief_Fan
03-13-2012, 06:28 AM
People have to quit saying this.

Next year, teams have to start spending 89% of the cap amount in CASH SPENDING. Not in salary cap space. Meaning whatever the cap is, 89% of that amount has to be getting paid out to the players on the team.

A year ago, the Chiefs were incredibliy close to spending 100% of the cap amount in cash spending. The cap was $120 million, the Chiefs' cash spending was about $119 million. They supposedly had the 9th highest cash spending total in the league. And they still had $20+ million of cap space, proving that the two things have little to do with each other.

They were well above the 89% last year. They'll be well above it this year. And Clark told the Star it's never going to be a problem.

There is not, not at any point, going to be a time when they will have to go spend money. Anyone who thinks the Chiefs are going to be forced to go out and sign people this year or next is in for serious disappointment.

good post... good clarification on the cap

bevischief
03-13-2012, 06:34 AM

??

whoman69
03-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Yeah, Clark Hunt is such a great owner that the team let walk a top flight CB only to sign a cheaper replacement who has nowhere near the talent. Clark is such a generous owner that Peyton told the Chiefs to go fuck themselves. This team is all about the cheaper alternative.

BigRock
03-13-2012, 08:06 AM
good post... good clarification on the cap
Why, thank you.

Just to clarify, though, I forgot about the extensions that happened during last season. With re-signing Hali and Flowers and whoever else, they ended up spending over $140 million.

So their cash spending wasn't near 100% of the cap, it was actually well over 100%. And as such, it was obviously way past the 89% minimum.

Rausch
03-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Why, thank you.

Just to clarify, though, I forgot about the extensions that happened during last season. With re-signing Hali and Flowers and whoever else, they ended up spending over $140 million.

So their cash spending wasn't near 100% of the cap, it was actually well over 100%. And as such, it was obviously way past the 89% minimum.

On top of this there is apparently some % of what you didn't spend last year that you can carry over to this year. I don't claim to know the exact numbers but the basic idea is that if you were $X under the cap last year you can go a percentage of that OVER the cap this year.

So not only are we an INSANE amount under but since we didn't spend $#it last year apparently we're allowed some OVER this year.