PDA

View Full Version : Life Ohio BSL taken down!!!

El Jefe
02-22-2012, 09:01 AM
This is awesome news.

http://m.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/ohio-ends-discrimination-of-pit-bulls

Ohio - Pit bull owners in Ohio have reason to celebrate. Today, Governor Kasich signed HB 14 into law.

By doing so, the era of discriminating against Pit bulls, solely because of their breed, has ended.

Prior to the passing of this legislation, Ohio was the only state which codified canine profiling. Pit bulls were designated as "dangerous" solely because of their breed.

Thankfully, that infamous designation is over.

Now, Ohio will instead designate dogs as "dangerous" or "vicious" based on behavior instead of breed (and appearance).

According to a release from Best Friends Animal Society, the new legislation also prohibits convicted felons from owning an unsterilized dog for three years following their release from prison.

Good job Ohio - this change has been a long time coming. Thanks to everyone who signed petitions and spoke up to make this new legislation happen.

seclark
02-22-2012, 09:04 AM
free at last, free at last...

aturnis
02-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Too bad. Pit Bulls are a problem. Maybe the owners should be held responsible to more of an extent.

Dartgod
02-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Great. Someone's gonna get mauled now.

KCUnited
02-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Nice to see Ohio being a little less ruff on dogs.

Amnorix
02-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Pit Bull isn't the style of doggy I would go for anyway.

Frazod
02-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Don't give a crap about pit bulls one way or another, but it's always nice to see any of these horseshit Nanny State laws get kicked to the curb. Certainly doesn't happen very often.

lcarus
02-22-2012, 09:46 AM
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/Soda_Popinski/PITBULL.jpg

MeaTy The Pimp
02-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Does this mean that Michael Vick will be playing for Cleveland or Cincinnati soon?

loochy
02-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Does this mean that Michael Vick will be playing for Cleveland or Cincinnati soon?

Does this mean that you'll post more than 30 times per year?

Cheater5
02-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Too bad. Pit Bulls are a problem. Maybe the owners should be held responsible to more of an extent.

I owned a Pit Bull for 10 years, and it was the best dog I've ever had and it's not even close. Never bit anyone, nor chewed on anything he wasn't supposed to, and rarely barked. Strong as a diesel and loved to play, but gentle.

I agree with you- owners should be held accountable. The breed has been proven to be a wonderful companion for quite some time.

http://www.ywgrossman.com/photoblog/?p=676

lcarus
02-22-2012, 10:10 AM
I owned a Pit Bull for 10 years, and it was the best dog I've ever had and it's not even close. Never bit anyone, nor chewed on anything he wasn't supposed to, and rarely barked. Strong as a diesel and loved to play, but gentle.

I agree with you- owners should be held accountable. The breed has been proven to be a wonderful companion for quite some time.

http://www.ywgrossman.com/photoblog/?p=676

The only problem with pit bulls is they are the "dog of choice" for wannabe "gangstas" and they're raised like shit by them. Sometimes in bunches.

KC_Lee
02-22-2012, 10:17 AM
The only problem with pit bulls is they are the "dog of choice" for wannabe "gangstas" and they're raised like shit by them. Sometimes in bunches.

Unfortunatly you are correct.

But this part of the law I love;

According to a release from Best Friends Animal Society, the new legislation also prohibits convicted felons from owning an unsterilized dog for three years following their release from prison.

El Jefe
02-22-2012, 10:30 AM

I agree. I paid through the nose for the bloodline of my pitbull and would match her demeanor with that of my miniature schanuzer. If she ever got into a situation to hurt someone it would be my fault (ie if she got out of her fence), obviously there are extenuiating circumstances that you would have to take into account before inacting legislation for this type of issue. I have trained my dog extensively, and she plays with all my nieces and nephews from 1year up to 10 years old. She's had her ears twisted, eyes poked, ridden like a bull, pushed, rammed, poked, prodded, and I have never seen her act anything, but docile.

El Jefe
02-22-2012, 10:33 AM

Exactly, inbreeding, poor care/training, feeding habits.

lcarus
02-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Unfortunatly you are correct.

But this part of the law I love;

Unfortunately that won't stop the convicts from obtaining the dogs anyway. They can get guns and drugs, getting pit bulls would be easy.

My buddy owns 2 giant mean looking pit bulls, but they're really nice and gentle animals.

YourMom
02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Rednecks and their stupid dogs. LOL

kysirsoze
02-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately that won't stop the convicts from obtaining the dogs anyway. They can get guns and drugs, getting pit bulls would be easy.

Dogs might not be as worth the violation of parole as drugs or guns. Their also more conspicuous.

Phobia
02-22-2012, 02:57 PM
I've been on both sides of these dogs. It's not the breed. I am for removal of BSL.

HemiEd
02-22-2012, 03:07 PM
I truly love dogs, and in most cases would pick the dog over most people.

That being said, the only dog that ever scared the crap out of me, was a friends Pit, and it was how he was trained. If properly trained, they could probably bring you eggs.