PDA

View Full Version : Potential Draft Day trades

Nightfyre
02-23-2012, 10:55 AM
What draft day trades make sense for the Chiefs?

Obvious ones are obvious:
We ink Bowe to a long-term extension and use the tag on Carr. Carr's trade value is surely worth a few million to Bowe's contract. Potential trade partners are virtually limitless for Carr's services. How much value would you get for him? That is tough to say...

We c(sh)ould also trade down out of the number 11/12 spot. Unless:
1) We can find a way to trade up for Luck or RGIII (remote possibility, I realize)
2) Brockers is still on the Board and we can find adequate value for Dorsey.

Other, more remote possibilities include dealing Dorsey as mentioned above or trading up and selecting a quarterback. Is dealing Albert off the table? I would suppose that depends upon value.

Detoxing
02-23-2012, 11:18 AM
I doubt anyone is going to give up a first rounder for Carr. It's a CP pipe dream. Carr is good, but we're over valuing him here.

I hate trade scenarios that involve players, especially quality players.

It just doesn't happen in the NFL and is not worth talking about.

Detoxing
02-23-2012, 11:27 AM
One last thing: Can we please stop with the trade Dorsey thing? JFC, we do this dance every year. We're not trading Dorsey. And Dorsey wouldn't draw shit in a trade anyway. What Maybe a 3rd?

Nightfyre
02-23-2012, 12:17 PM
One last thing: Can we please stop with the trade Dorsey thing? JFC, we do this dance every year. We're not trading Dorsey. And Dorsey wouldn't draw shit in a trade anyway. What Maybe a 3rd?

I was adamantly opposed to trading Dorsey historically. However, he is entering the last year of his contract (as is Albert) and I am not sure Pioli will want to re-sign him. May as well get something for him while we can, especially if Brockers is available.

Detoxing
02-23-2012, 12:25 PM
I was adamantly opposed to trading Dorsey historically. However, he is entering the last year of his contract (as is Albert) and I am not sure Pioli will want to re-sign him. May as well get something for him while we can, especially if Brockers is available.

Because then you're essentially just trading Dorsey for Brockers, an unproven player who may not be any better of a Pro than Bailey.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

And it's a long shot that anyone would surrender more than a 3rd for Dorsey.

What did Seattle get for Curry?

Dorsey has very little trade value. We'll likely get more use out of Dosey then we will out of a late round draft pick.

suds79
02-23-2012, 12:26 PM
I just can't take seriously any idea of trading current players for players or current players for picks because it so rarely happens it seems.

Seems as though IF there's a trade, it's always picks for picks.

So can we trade down? I hope so. But to who? No idea. Depends who is on the board when we pick.

jd1020
02-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Do you think that the Chiefs are going to want to bring Dorsey back to play DE when he's a huge liability against the pass?

I don't see much point in not trying to trade him to a 4-3 team now.

I'd ask a 2nd but I'd take a 3rd... why not?

Detoxing
02-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Do you think that the Chiefs are going to want to bring Dorsey back to play DE when he's a huge liability against the pass?

I don't see much point in not trying to trade him to a 4-3 team now.

I'd ask a 2nd but I'd take a 3rd... why not?

I doubt we'd even get a 3rd. I think it'd be a 3rd if we're lucky.

Dorsey is valuable on running downs, but a one dimensional player isn't going to fetch much in a trade.

He's more valuable to the Chiefs then what we'd get in return.

jd1020
02-23-2012, 12:40 PM
He's more valuable to the Chiefs then what we'd get in return.

Short term.

We have no idea what a 4-3 team would offer. He's one of the best run stuffers in the league.

Trade him for a 3rd, at worst. Swing Jackson, who takes up more double teams than Dorsey, in front of Hali and use that 3rd on someone like Billy Winn.

Detoxing
02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Short term.

We have no idea what a 4-3 team would offer. He's one of the best run stuffers in the league.

Trade him for a 3rd, at worst. Swing Jackson, who takes up more double teams than Dorsey, in front of Hali and use that 3rd on someone like Billy Winn.

I doubt any one is going to offer much, 4-3 team or not. It's very unlikely and really not worth debating.

A team isn't just surrendering a 3rd (once again, if he's even worth that) they're also surrendering what is likely going to be a large, 5 year contract.

So this mysterious team has to not only question if Dorsey is worth a 3rd, but also if Dorsey is worth a large long term contract, especially since the only time he played 43 in the Pros was his rookie season, which was his worst pro season for obvious reasons.

It's just not happening.

And yet we rehash this shit every year about Dorsey.

IF there were EVER a time to trade Dorsey, it would've been before the switch to the 34, but that ship has sailed.