PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kansas City radio host says Chiefs, Condon have spoken about Peyton Manning

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Already bet my av.

beach tribe
02-25-2012, 01:56 AM
Already bet my av.

And it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that you will lose it.
He's definitely not going anywhere for a while so your avi should be free by then.
Don't worry though I'll wait in line, but you can have mine the day he is fired or resigns without reaching a championship game.

Any other takers? I thought this would be easy considering how he's a garbage GM and all.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 03:56 AM
The difference is that Bledsoe was only the starter for 22 games, and his first year he was fairly decent. Above average.

Cassel has been our starter for 49 games and probably will be for at least 60.

And he's been PIOLI'S starter for 64 games.

You may want to research these thugs before you post them.

Parcels drafted Bledsoe #1 overall and then traded a 1st rounder for him in Dallas.

I know it wasn't a first rounder and was a 7th...but Pioli drafted Cassel even though he hadn't played quarterback in college....then traded a second rounder for him here and backed the brinks truck up to his front steps and gave him equal money to Aaron Rogers deal at the time.

The two scenarios have definite similarities.

Hopefully, Stanzi turns out to have the goods to makeit as a starter and plays better in big games than Romo has.

His numbers in college against the top tier teams were pretty damn good and he was 3-0 in bowl games.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 03:58 AM
GoChiefs and I have a "full year avatar AND sig" bet going.

For him to win, Jamaal Charles needs to have over 300 carries/catches.

If you want to make a bet with him, make it for username.

the Talking Can
02-25-2012, 04:25 AM
Direct quote:

There will be increased competition at every position, including the quarterback position,” Pioli said.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/02/03/scott-pioli-romeo-crennel-indicate-a-qb-competition-is-coming/

You claimed Pioli never said there would be competition at QB, even though it has been talked about over and over on this forum. That makes you either a liar or stupid.

jesus god, your mom weeps for not aborting you when she had the chance

that's precisely how dumb you are

beach tribe
02-25-2012, 09:24 AM
And it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that you will lose it.
He's definitely not going anywhere for a while so your avi should be free by then.
Don't worry though I'll wait in line, but you can have mine the day he is fired or resigns without reaching a championship game.

Any other takers? I thought this would be easy considering how he's a garbage GM and all.

Fn Hilarrious.

The planet is just a big Pioli hate fest these days with everyone so sure that he's a slack jaw POS. Yet no one wants to stand behind these passionate convictions.

beach tribe
02-25-2012, 09:25 AM

And the can with another reworded yet exactly the same insult. Way to go Can. Not saying your not right. Maybe you are, but it's stale. Really stale.

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Jeff Saturday(FA): I assure you, Peyton Manning will play in 2012

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 25, 2012, 11:08 AM EST

One longtime friend and teammate is certain that we haven’t seen the last of Peyton Manning.

Colts center Jeff Saturday is working as a Scouting Combine analyst on NFL Network today, and he took a little time out of analyzing offensive linemen to analyze Manning — whom Saturday says is going to be ready to go in plenty of time to play in the 2012 season.

“I talk to him regularly,” Saturday said. “I love 18. He’s my guy so I communicate with him regularly. He’s doing his deal and he’s getting ready and he’ll be playing football. I can assure you of that.”

So all of Manning’s friends, in the NFL and in the media, seem to agree on the public message: Manning will be good to go. But where will he go? On that score, Saturday said he dosen’t know anything more than anyone else.

“I hope it’s here,” Saturday said. “But he’ll be playing somewhere. Absolutely.”

Realistically, there’s almost no chance that Saturday will get his wish of snapping to Manning in Indianapolis again. But Saturday is saying exactly what everyone close to Manning is saying: Manning expects to play.

O.city
02-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Here is a question for you guys.

If the Colts decide to go with RGIII, and Luck is the next guy. Would you give up more to get Luck than you would have for RGIII?

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2012, 11:38 AM
It won't happen either way
I don't watch much college football
& hearing RGIII was listed as a WR prospect a year ago doesn't inspire the faith that Luck does

Mr. Laz
02-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Manning,Garcon and Saturday :hmmm:

sign Manning
sign Garcon
sign Saturday
Tag/Trade Carr (1st rd pick)
let Bowe go
Hudson to LG
FA/Draft at RT
Draft Richardson
Draft DeCastro or Reiff for RT

Albert,Hudson,Saturday,Asomoah,DeCastro/Reiff

Baldwin,Breaston,Garcon
Moeaki
Charles,Richardson

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Manning,Garcon and Saturday :hmmm:

sign Manning
sign Garcon
sign Saturday
Tag/Trade Carr (1st rd pick)
let Bowe go
Hudson to LG
FA/Draft at RT
Draft Richardson

Albert,Hudson,Saturday,Asomoah,???

Baldwin,Breaston,Garcon
Moeaki
Charles,Richardson Dumb. Bowe is better than Garcon.

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2012, 11:40 AM
A marriage of the Patriot Way & the Manning Way
sounds like the Hatfield & McCoys

Mr. Laz
02-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Dumb. Bowe is better than Garcon.
and if Bowe was willing to sign with the Chiefs for a reasonable amount he would already be signed.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 11:44 AM
and if Bowe was willing to sign with the Chiefs for a reasonable amount he would already be signed. This soon?

LOL okay

Mr. Laz
02-25-2012, 11:47 AM
This soon?

LOL okay
yes, this soon

They wouldn't let Bowe ever make it to free agency if they could do it.

The chiefs have already shown they are willing to pay, even overpay, to keep their good players.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 11:53 AM
yes, this soon

The chiefs have already shown they are willing to pay, even overpay, to keep their good players.

That almost never happens. They want to see what Bowe gets on the open market before offering him anything. I'm surprised Routt was signed so soon.

splatbass
02-25-2012, 12:26 PM

Reading comprehension is your friend, moron. You got caught, and now you are trying to squirm out of it. Just admit you were wrong and you'll stop looking so stupid. Until your next post anyway.

bricks
02-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Is Saturday a free agent?

I'd take him. The thought of having both Manning & Saturday is very appealing

O.city
02-25-2012, 12:41 PM
The only old guy i really want to take for this team at this point is a quarterback, if one is available.

If we are to have to get a C or G, we should either sign one of the top young free agents or draft him.

Of course that's just IMO.

-King-
02-25-2012, 12:44 PM
That almost never happens. They want to see what Bowe gets on the open market before offering him anything. I'm surprised Routt was signed so soon.

Routt was already on the open market. He had already been taking offers.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-25-2012, 12:49 PM

This is the third thread in which you have insulted people over this despite the fact that you've been wrong all three times.

Either you don't want to admit you're wrong or you have some serious reading comprehension issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
yes, this soon

How many UFAs have re-signed yet this off season?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
I have a hard time believing Manning would come to a team that had Brian Daboll as its offensive coordinator.

splatbass
02-25-2012, 12:57 PM
If we are to have to get a C or G, we should either sign one of the top young free agents or draft him.

Which top young free agents?

splatbass
02-25-2012, 12:57 PM
I have a hard time believing Manning would come to a team that had Brian Daboll as its offensive coordinator.

Why?

O.city
02-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Which top young free agents?

Grubbs at G.

Not really any free agent C's that are young, but I'd put Hudson there.

OnTheWarpath15
02-25-2012, 01:01 PM

Same here.

Then we'll hear this:

General manager Scott Pioli said he couldn’t promise the Chiefs would find a more significant challenge for Cassel this year. But he indicated that if the Chiefs failed, it wouldn’t be for a lack of trying. Just as it wasn’t, Pioli said, the last three seasons.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/23/3448181/chiefs-plan-to-have-competition.html#storylink=cpy

Bowser
02-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Why?

Do you think Peyton would switch his offensive philosophies for an offshoot of the Patriot offense? Me neither.

Bowser
02-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Same here.

Then we'll hear this:

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/23/3448181/chiefs-plan-to-have-competition.html#storylink=cpy

Yeah, I read that shit. I let a "Motherfuck you, Pioli" fly while eating my lunch at work.

qabbaan
02-25-2012, 01:05 PM

But Manning basically runs the offense in Indy. May e this would be the best thing, the OC being some schmuck who doesn't even call plays

Epic Fail 007
02-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Lol I think all your looking at is the name of the oc and want a reaction. Farve played for him.

Bowser
02-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Lol I think all your looking at is the name of the oc and want a reaction. Farve played for him.

Yeah, about that - How did Favre do that one year he played with Daboll? I bet Peyton can't wait to let this guy be one of his coaches.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Routt was already on the open market. He had already been taking offers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, because he was released.

Bowser
02-25-2012, 01:10 PM
But Manning basically runs the offense in Indy. May e this would be the best thing, the OC being some schmuck who doesn't even call plays

Yeah, maybe, but I have a hard time believing an "up and coming" coach would ride back seat to one of his players, even Peyton Manning. But for sure, I'd take Peton's play calling abilities over Daboll's.

In the end, you put all of this together, and it equals Peyton not being here. Hope I'm wrong, considering the alternative.

splatbass
02-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Do you think Peyton would switch his offensive philosophies for an offshoot of the Patriot offense? Me neither.

I think Daboll would change his offense to fit Manning. He'd be a fool not to.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2012, 01:25 PM

Why? Daboll got 25 points a game out of a Matt Moore led Dolphins team the final 9 games of the year last year. I'm sure he could make an offense work with Peyton. Silly.

Bowser
02-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Why? Daboll got 25 points a game out of a Matt Moore led Dolphins team the final 9 games of the year last year. I'm sure he could make an offense work with Peyton. Silly.

Do you really thik Peyton, at this point in his career, after all he's accomplished, would be open to learning a new offense from a guy that doesn't come from his offensive "tree"? Neither do I. Look no further than what Daboll did to Favre the one year he had him, and what Favre did the next year witht he Vikings when he went back to what made him great.

I'm not saying Daboll would be "The Reason" Peyton doesn't come here, but he sure as hell doesn't help. And also as I said before, I hope he DOES come here, but I'm pretty much sure as one can be that he won't.

O.city
02-25-2012, 01:36 PM
What realy really chaps the ass of Chiefs fans is that.

This season worked out absolutely perfect for Cassel to return next season.

First, he got hurt and didn't have to run the gauntlet of the stretch of our schedule, his two biggest security blankets got hurt for the year early, he won some games against teams who ended up being the shit of the NFL.

Second, the field goal block to keep us from the playoffs by Seymour might have meant more than we are thinking. If that fg is made, we make the playoffs and host a really banged up Steeler team that we almost beat with Palko at qb. If Orton had done that, there is absolutely no chance that you bring Cassel back, or atleast spit this drivel that he is the starter, when you just brought a guy in off the street who absolutely put him to shame, with the same starters.

Sucks.

Messier
02-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Do you really thik Peyton, at this point in his career, after all he's accomplished, would be open to learning a new offense from a guy that doesn't come from his offensive "tree"? Neither do I. Look no further than what Daboll did to Favre the one year he had him, and what Favre did the next year witht he Vikings when he went back to what made him great.

I'm not saying Daboll would be "The Reason" Peyton doesn't come here, but he sure as hell doesn't help. And also as I said before, I hope he DOES come here, but I'm pretty much sure as one can be that he won't.

What teams run the same offense that Manning ran in Indy? We can just narrow it to those teams.

-King-
02-25-2012, 01:52 PM

You seriously think that any team will try to force their system on Peyton? The team that gets him will run HIS offense. Not the other way around.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
02-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Romeo: "We would have to be crazy not to consider Peyton Manning if he were available".

Titty Meat
02-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Romeo: "We would have to be crazy not to consider Peyton Manning if he were available".

Where'd you hear this?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Per PFT.

Crennel: Chiefs “would be crazy not to consider” Manning if available

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 25, 2012, 3:26 PM EST

Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli wouldn’t discuss the possibility of adding Peyton Manning when Pioli was asked at the Combine. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel was a little more revealing.

Crennel first gave the requisite tampering disclaimer: “We can’t talk about players under contract with other teams.”

And then he said how he really felt.

“With a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it if he’s available. I’ll leave it at that,” Crennel said.

The Chiefs have a lot to consider at quarterback. Crennel said he was interested in bringing Kyle Orton back. If Orton returned, there would be an open competition at quarterback with Matt Cassel.

“I probably wouldn’t be standing here if not for Kyle,” Crennel said.

The Chiefs could also invest a draft pick at the quarterback position. Perhaps the could be a dark horse to trade up in the Robert Griffin sweepstakes. (Yes, it would be difficult for the Chiefs to pull off. But they could be sleepers.)

Crennel came away “very impressed” with Griffin after speaking with him Friday night. He said he could have talked to Griffin for an hour because he was so engaging and thoughtful.

Add up all these comments and it’s clear Matt Cassel has been put on notice. He’s going to face competition at the very least. Perhaps the Chiefs will even bring in a “franchise quarterback” that will make Cassel expendable.

Titty Meat
02-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Per PFT.

Crennel: Chiefs “would be crazy not to consider” Manning if available

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 25, 2012, 3:26 PM EST

Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli wouldn’t discuss the possibility of adding Peyton Manning when Pioli was asked at the Combine. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel was a little more revealing.

Crennel first gave the requisite tampering disclaimer: “We can’t talk about players under contract with other teams.”

And then he said how he really felt.

“With a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it if he’s available. I’ll leave it at that,” Crennel said.

The Chiefs have a lot to consider at quarterback. Crennel said he was interested in bringing Kyle Orton back. If Orton returned, there would be an open competition at quarterback with Matt Cassel.

“I probably wouldn’t be standing here if not for Kyle,” Crennel said.

The Chiefs could also invest a draft pick at the quarterback position. Perhaps the could be a dark horse to trade up in the Robert Griffin sweepstakes. (Yes, it would be difficult for the Chiefs to pull off. But they could be sleepers.)

Crennel came away “very impressed” with Griffin after speaking with him Friday night. He said he could have talked to Griffin for an hour because he was so engaging and thoughtful.

Add up all these comments and it’s clear Matt Cassel has been put on notice. He’s going to face competition at the very least. Perhaps the Chiefs will even bring in a “franchise quarterback” that will make Cassel expendable.

http://i.imgur.com/jaiyE.gif

The Bad Guy
02-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Also said Teicher said they met with Luck and Tannerhill.

bricks
02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Now here is an interesting thing to consider,

If Manning becomes available, do you sign him? Take the chance, gives you the best stop in the league, no doubt, and draft a QB either this year or next year to learn behind him, or, do you trade up and sacrifice a ton of your future to get RGIII?

Thats something to ponder.

RustShack
02-25-2012, 02:58 PM
You take Manning, no question about it. Hes making all his throws right now, he will be good to go by the start of the season.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2012, 03:00 PM
How many UFAs have re-signed yet this off season?
Posted via Mobile Device
ummm ... since Free agency hasn't started yet, not many.

plenty of teams are getting guys signed so the don't become free agents though.

O.city
02-25-2012, 03:00 PM
I did see a report from someone who said that Manning is making all the throws now.

This is all just a smokescreen though, Cassel is the starter. He has earned it apparently.

kysirsoze
02-25-2012, 03:01 PM
he never said there is going to be a QB competition...you ****ing moron

This is an outright LIE. The sad thing is you are so ****ing stupid you think it is true.

no, it's not...you're just a complete ****ing dumbass for whom English is a second language...

but believe whatever stupid shit you want, everyone else does...you fit right in

This is the third thread in which you have insulted people over this despite the fact that you've been wrong all three times.

Either you don't want to admit you're wrong or you have some serious reading comprehension issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's not wrong. Pioli said "increased competition". That could any number of things. The most bothersome thing it implies is that he believes there has been some level of competition for the QB spot in the past. Even if there was, it doesn't say how "increased" this competition will be. It does not directly guarantee what I would call "a QB competition".

It's splitting hairs, sure, but it's exactly the kind of psuedo-political doublespeak we've been getting from Pioli since he was hired. Pioli's assurance was basically meaningless.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 03:03 PM
The most bothersome thing it implies is that he believes there has been some level of competition for the QB spot in the past.

He doesn't believe that.

He's just feeding idiot fans who lap up his jizz another line of bullshit.

He needs to get the fuck out, take his ill-gotten Hunt money, and never return.

FAX
02-25-2012, 03:05 PM
I did see a report from someone who said that Manning is making all the throws now. ...

Link?

FAX

Mr. Laz
02-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Link?

FAX
i don't think there is a link

It was me posting what Mort said on t.v. yesterday.

kysirsoze
02-25-2012, 03:08 PM
He doesn't believe that.

He needs to get the **** out, take his ill-gotten Hunt money, and never return.

Okay, I suppose that is more bothersome. I've just noticed TC and others getting flamed for actually reading and commenting on what Pioli said rather than just seeing the words quarterback and competition in the same sentence and violently fapping.

kysirsoze
02-25-2012, 03:09 PM

Yeah, he seems to think Manning's arm is coming around. He's also wrong constantly, so who knows?

bricks
02-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I saw somewhere that Mort also said that Luck or RGIII wouldn't mind if they sat behind him in Indy and learned from him.

RustShack
02-25-2012, 03:11 PM
He doesn't believe that.

He needs to get the fuck out, take his ill-gotten Hunt money, and never return.

Jesus you're an idiot.

Bewbies
Is that PFT piece the first national type source to list us as a possible RG3 team? I think they need to shut the fuck up.... :)

FAX

Jelly Donut?

FAX

kysirsoze
02-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Jesus you're an idiot.

He's going overboard with the dramatics, but do you really buy what Pioli says in the press?

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm not going overboard, I've fucking had it with this lying, incompetent sack of shit.

It's bad enough that he's incompetent (and arrogant about it), but now he wants to add being a deceitful charlatan to his resume.

Scott Pioli needs to be fed to the almighty Sarlacc so he can learn a new definition of pain and suffering as he is slowly digested over 1,000 years.

-King-
02-25-2012, 03:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jaiyE.gif

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Perfect gif.

-King-
02-25-2012, 03:21 PM
ummm ... since Free agency hasn't started yet, not many.

plenty of teams are getting guys signed so the don't become free agents though.

Keyword: Re-signed.

-King-
02-25-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm not going overboard, I've fucking had it with this lying, incompetent sack of shit.

It's bad enough that he's incompetent (and arrogant about it), but now he wants to add being a deceitful charlatan to his resume.

Scott Pioli needs to be fed to the almighty Sarlacc so he can learn a new definition of pain and suffering as he is slowly digested over 1,000 years.

Replace the star wars references with historical references and you'll be a passable homeless man's Hamas.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2012, 03:33 PM
He's going overboard with the dramatics, but do you really buy what Pioli says in the press?
So how many GM's are actually going to tell the media what they are really going to do?

bunch of crying bitches ... seriously

The Bad Guy
02-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah, GoChiefs bullshit is way over the top.

I'll give Pioli a chance this year before I start bleeding all over.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah, GoChiefs bullshit is way over the top.

I'll give Pioli a chance this year before I start bleeding all over.

He's had three years and he's already bungling this offseason.

Seen enough.

RustShack
02-25-2012, 03:43 PM
No no, the Chiefs GM is the only one in the NFL who blows smoke and tries not to give away his plans.

RustShack
02-25-2012, 03:44 PM

Seen enough.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 03:45 PM
No no, the Chiefs GM is the only one in the NFL who blows smoke and tries not to give away his plans.

This has nothing to do with blowing smoke.

He's spouting bullshit lies about his past here in an effort to save face.

RustShack
02-25-2012, 03:47 PM
This has nothing to do with blowing smoke.

He's spouting bullshit lies about his past here in an effort to save face.

So what QB we're we supposed to sign or draft that's proven to be better than Cassel so far?

Weren't you a big Croyle and/or Thigpen fan at one point?

If Cassel is the worst QB out there in your opinion, how are these guys not competition then?

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Die, Rustshack.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 03:49 PM

Seen enough.

I'm no fan, but bungling?

BossChief
02-25-2012, 03:56 PM
It's a real shame that Pioli doesn't handle the QB position the same way he has dealt with the rest of the roster.

If he did, he would be shining as the clearly best GM in the league.

This Cassel guy is making him look like a complete fool.

-King-
02-25-2012, 03:57 PM

Seen enough.

ROFL ROFL

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Crennel talks Manning, RG3 and other QBs

February, 25, 2012 Feb 25 4:35PM(ET)
By Bill Williamson

INDIANAPOLIS -- On Friday, Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli said that the team’s quarterback job is not open and Matt Cassel is the starter.

However, Pioli said, there will be competition at the position.

Saturday, Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel also said that Cassel is the starter. But he made it clear that the team will explore all options.

Most interestingly, Crennel made it clear that if a certain future first-ballot Hall of Famer who resides in this city becomes available, the Chiefs coach will then become interested in him. Crennel acknowledged the league’s tampering rules, but he did say this when asked if he’d have interest in Peyton Manning if he is cut by the Colts as expected: “With a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it if he’s available. I’ll leave it at that.”

There was a report out of Kansas City that said the Chiefs have already talked to Manning’s agent. That is against league rules. The Chiefs do, though, have the financial means to sign Manning. Friday, Pioli did not address the subject because of the tampering rules.

Friday night, Crennel said the Chiefs talked to the three top quarterback prospects, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Ryan Tannehill. The interviews with Luck and Griffin were likely due diligence efforts because the Chiefs won't be in position to draft either man. Tannehill will likely be available in the second half of the first round, so Kansas City, which has the No. 11 pick, could potentially trade down and get him. Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler said he met with the Chiefs. He is likely to be taken in the second or third round.

Crennel raved about Griffin and said the time with the Baylor player was “special.”

Like Pioli, Crennel said the team would like to have Kyle Orton back. Crennel made Orton the starter when he took over as the interim coach in Week 15. The Chiefs were 2-1. Once again, Crennel credited Orton for helping him get the permanent job.

I get the feeling -- and it is just a feeling -- that Crennel would like to re-sign Orton and give him every opportunity to beat out Cassel.

Crennel did acknowledge that the relationship between new Kansas City offensive coordinator Brian Daboll and Miami free agent Chad Henne could make Henne a potential target if he hits free agency. Daboll was the Dolphins’ offensive coordinator last year.

Don’t discount the possibility of Brady Quinn being a backup option in Kansas City. The free agent played for Crennel in Cleveland.

There are a lot of moving parts in Kansas City at this position and it will be fascinating to see how it all plays out.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 04:02 PM
There are a lot of moving parts in Kansas City at this position and it will be fascinating to see how it all plays out.

Watching Pioli spew bullshit while we end up with Cassel flinging shitducks for another year is not fascinating.

mikey23545
02-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Probably a repost, but...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20120224_pioli_cassel_is_chiefs_starting_qb

Pioli: Cassel is Chiefs starting QB
Terry McCormick, The National Football Post
2 hours, 36 minutes ago

tweet1EmailPrintINDIANAPOLIS _ Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli made it clear Friday at the NFL Combine – Matt Cassel is his starting quarterback.

The competition that Cassel will face, says Pioli, is no different than the competition any other player on the Chiefs roster will face in trying to hold off competitors.

“I wouldn't say it's open. I'd say Matt's our starting quarterback, and everyone knows that,” Pioli said. “There's going to be competition. I know everyone focuses on the quarterback competition, but I want to be clear in this. When we've said there's going to be competition, there's going to competition at every position. When we talk about that, it's not just exclusive to the quarterback position or Matt Cassel. In order to get better as a football team, you need to get better at every single position.'

Pioli wouldn't address a report that had the Chiefs interested in Peyton Manning and and when he becomes available.

As for Kyle Orton, whom the Chiefs claimed off waivers from Denver late in the year, Pioli said, “We've talked to Kyle and talked to Kyle's people. It sounds like Kyle would like to be with us. It's just a matter of seeing if things arrive at the right place.”

I don't think this says in any way that Cassel is the starting QB next year. Are you completely ignoring the entire rest of the post?

Let's try bolding these sentences instead:

"Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli made it clear Friday at the NFL Combine – Matt Cassel is his starting quarterback.

The competition that Cassel will face, says Pioli, is no different than the competition any other player on the Chiefs roster will face in trying to hold off competitors.

“I wouldn't say it's open. I'd say Matt's our starting quarterback, and everyone knows that,” Pioli said. “There's going to be competition. I know everyone focuses on the quarterback competition, but I want to be clear in this. When we've said there's going to be competition, there's going to competition at every position. When we talk about that, it's not just exclusive to the quarterback position or Matt Cassel. In order to get better as a football team, you need to get better at every single position.'

Pioli wouldn't address a report that had the Chiefs interested in Peyton Manning and and when he becomes available.

As for Kyle Orton, whom the Chiefs claimed off waivers from Denver late in the year, Pioli said, “We've talked to Kyle and talked to Kyle's people. It sounds like Kyle would like to be with us. It's just a matter of seeing if things arrive at the right place.”

Sounds to me like all he is saying is that right now Mark Cassell is the starting QB of the Chiefs. He then states at least a couple of times that there absolutely is going to be competition for the position.

Seems like some little pissant blogger was trying to generate some hits to me.

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2012, 04:06 PM
These mega threads you never know what's been posted
this is the first I've heard Tannehill & Osweiler mentioned

Bewbies
02-25-2012, 04:33 PM
These mega threads you never know what's been posted
this is the first I've heard Tannehill & Osweiler mentioned

Yeah, if we've talked to Luck, RG3, Tannehill and Osweiler it's pretty clear we're looking at all the early options at QB.

Maybe Pioli knows what most of us here do per QB's....

I'm going to throw this out there now, we're taking a QB early in this draft.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm going to throw this out there now, we're taking a QB early in this draft.

LMAO

Amazing. Some of you just love sucking the shit right out of Pioli's bronzed asshole...

kysirsoze
02-25-2012, 04:39 PM
So how many GM's are actually going to tell the media what they are really going to do?

bunch of crying bitches ... seriously

Not crying, but thanks for avoiding the question. The point is a lot of posters are beating the QB competition drum just because Pioli said what he said. His actions have consistently shown otherwise.

02-25-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm going to wait until after the draft before I blow a gasket on all this shit.

Bewbies
02-25-2012, 04:41 PM
LMAO

Amazing. Some of you just love sucking the shit right out of Pioli's bronzed asshole...

We're not interviewing all the top QB prospects in order to protect Cassel's job.

I've been as critical as anybody (reasonable) about how Pioli has handled the QB s(h)itution here. Thus far he's sucked. But outside of trading up for Stafford, which probably was as much as an option as anyone trading up to get Luck this year, we haven't really missed on anyone. Maybe Dalton...

We haven't had much opportunity to get anyone yet, perhaps Pioli sees this as a year that he can change that?

The Chiefs history is what it is, but I don't really remember any off seasons where we have read KC is talking to ALL of the QB's expected to be drafted early...

Titty Meat
02-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm not going overboard, I've ****ing had it with this lying, incompetent sack of shit.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 04:42 PM
We're not interviewing all the top QB prospects in order to protect Cassel's job.

We pretty much always interview all the top prospects.

This is not significant.

Bewbies
02-25-2012, 04:50 PM
We pretty much always interview all the top prospects.

This is not significant.

The top QB prospects? All of them?

kysirsoze
02-25-2012, 04:50 PM
The top QB prospects? All of them?

We get to interview 60 guys. It doesn't mean a whole lot.

threebag
02-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Fuck Matt Cassel. I don't even want him to run water bottles out to the huddle because Barry Richardson is winded. Just fuck Matt Cassel.

splatbass
02-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Seen enough.

What has he done to bungle this offseason? Please be specific. Reality, not imagined. Act like the journalist you think you are.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 05:40 PM
What has he done to bungle this offseason? Please be specific. Reality, not imagined. Act like the journalist you think you are.

Fuck you.

splatbass
02-25-2012, 05:45 PM
**** you.

Nice, reasoned answer. So you have nothing? Just as I thought.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Fuck you.

Not the response he is looking for, Im sure.

RustShack
02-25-2012, 06:31 PM

Yeah when I asked him to elaborate earlier he just said die. He doesn't have the slightest fuck what hes talking about.

whoman69
02-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the wacky world of goatcheese.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 06:40 PM

Fuck you.

hometeam
02-25-2012, 06:42 PM
As the rumors about Peyton Heat up I am coming around to having him here.

Anything is better than Cassel

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM

Seen enough.

We'll miss ya.

milkman
02-25-2012, 07:21 PM

I can only speculate here, but I imagine it has something to do with the fact that neither Bowe or Carr are signed, and it almost certainly appears Carr is gone.

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
I can only speculate here, but I imagine it has something to do with the fact that neither Bowe or Carr are signed, and it almost certainly appears Carr is gone.

Nothing new here.

milkman
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Nothing new here.

What exactly does that mean?

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 07:31 PM

CrazyHorse is being CrazyHorse.

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 07:31 PM

Your a speculator dealing in opinions based from little to no facts. Its no big deal. Everybody plays a roll. You're a hater with little positive to say. I dont have a problem with it.

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 07:33 PM
CrazyHorse is being CrazyHorse.

Dont speak for me. You lack the integrity.

and you're stupid

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Dont speak for me. You lack the integrity.

and you're stupid

I wasn't speaking for you. Just calling a spade a spade. You're a terrible poster who contributes nothing but bitching about other posters like a woman.

milkman
02-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Your a speculator dealing in opinions based from little to no facts. Its no big deal. Everybody plays a roll. You're a hater with little positive to say. I dont have a problem with it.

I have never said anything that I didn't believe.

Show me where I've ever speculated on anything without something to base that specualtion on.

But that 2nd to last sentence is complete and utter bullshit, as in the last sentence, obviously.

WhiteWhale
02-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Dumb. Bowe is better than Garcon.

It's not even close either.... Bowe is WAY better than Garcon.

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 07:46 PM
I wasn't speaking for you. Just calling a spade a spade. You're a terrible poster who contributes nothing but bitching about other posters like a woman.

Thanks for the breakdown. Just because I think you're trash dont mean I hate on everyone. To be honest, I dont crack on anyone who didn't crack on me 1st. Do you feel like you shoud just have a free run and get away with it? This aint Moma's house buddy.

To be honest, I have exactly as many friends on here as I want. I choose posters who have a little more going for them than you do. Just because I cram my foot down your fucking throat now and then dont mean I do it to everyone. Anyone who thinks that there is a living person that wants to hear what you have to say to the tune of 120,000 posts dont need to be judging someone else for thier contribution to this forum.

I'll give your weak opinion some consideration though. If it will make you feel better.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 07:47 PM
LMAO

Same old CrazyHo.

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I have never said anything that I didn't believe.

Show me where I've ever speculated on anything without something to base that specualtion on.

But that 2nd to last sentence is complete and utter bullshit, as in the last sentence, obviously.

Everything you say is opinion based from opinion. Thats speculation. Dont get all bent out of shape. I should have just let it go. I can see we're about to go off the deep end.

Forget I said it.

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 07:51 PM
LMAO

Same old CrazyHo.

See what I mean. No body rang your bell. Nobody gives a damn what you have to say here. What gene is it that makes you feel like people need your input? You just jump on. Go play fuckstick.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2012, 07:55 PM
LMAO

You are a sideshow.

milkman
02-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Everything you say is opinion based from opinion. Thats speculation. Dont get all bent out of shape. I should have just let it go. I can see we're about to go off the deep end.

Forget I said it.

You're a tool.

There are times that I speculate on how some things might play out based on my opinion, but there are are far more instances of specualtion based on the things that are going on around a situation.

The fact that you think I never say anything psoitive tells me you the kind of person that OTWP gets pissed about.

You're a poster who argues based on the poster, not the post.

In short, you're a uesless prick.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 08:01 PM

Forget I said it.

LOL isnt that what this place is for?

Bowser
02-25-2012, 08:01 PM

No, only facts get posted here, straight from Wikipedia.

stonedstooge
02-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Tweets are what fool me often

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 08:05 PM
You're a tool.

There are times that I speculate on how some things might play out based on my opinion, but there are are far more instances of specualtion based on the things that are going on around a situation.

The fact that you think I never say anything psoitive tells me you the kind of person that OTWP gets pissed about.

You're a poster who argues based on the poster, not the post.

In short, you're a uesless prick.

Yes.

But I argue posts as well. When I think Im talking to someone who can handle it. Judging you going off the deep end as I predicted, surely you can see the merit in what Ive said.

Like I said, I recind the comment. Maybe you do have something positive to say. I just dont catch it very often if ever. If Im wrong, I have no problem talking back the comment. No need to start the name calling BS.

splatbass
02-25-2012, 08:06 PM

Do you consider that bungled? I don't think we can consider it bungled until we know what is going to happen. Jumping the gun a little, don't you think?

I know knee jerk, impatient reactions are the CP norm, but calling it bungled is a little premature.

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 08:07 PM

Yes. But when you start to believe your opinion is fact, then you set yourself up to be called out.

milkman
02-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Do you consider that bungled? I don't think we can consider it bungled until we know what is going to happen. Jumping the gun a little, don't you think?

I know knee jerk, impatient reactions are the CP norm, but calling it bungled is a little premature.

I'm not sure bungled is the right word.

I do think had Pioli worked on locking up Carr at the same time that he locked up Flowrers, he would not only have avoided this situation, he would have gotten for less.

I vaguely remember reading something that essentially stated that Carr was amenable to working a deal at that time, but that could be erronneus info, so I'm not going to get worked up about it.

I'd hate to see Carr go, but if it happens, it seems Pioli has a fair backup plan in place, so I won't lose any sleep.

milkman
02-25-2012, 08:14 PM

You basically called me out.

What did you expect?

And to your later post about opinions as fact, I have never once said that my opinion is fact, but I stand behind my opinions adamantly.

I have also eaten the crow willingly when my opinions have been proved wrong.

So, go fuck yourself.

Messier
02-25-2012, 08:15 PM

Yes, bungled is a strong and early word. Even if Carr leaves (which is likely) nothing has been "bungled". They made a choice. You can say it was a bad choice, but they have a amount they think Carr is worth, and I'm guessing they already know he's going to get offered more than they think he's worth. That's not bungled.

And if Bowe is franchised, as he probably will be, that isn't a bungle either.

CrazyHorse
02-25-2012, 08:19 PM

What did you expect?

And to your later post about opinions as fact, I have never once said that my opinion is fact, but I stand behind my opinions adamantly.

So, go **** yourself.

Yes.

FAX
02-25-2012, 08:20 PM
I speculated earlier today. Right on Mr. Laz's foot.

FAX

Messier
02-25-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure bungled is the right word.

I do think had Pioli worked on locking up Carr at the same time that he locked up Flowrers, he would not only have avoided this situation, he would have gotten for less.

I vaguely remember reading something that essentially stated that Carr was amenable to working a deal at that time, but that could be erronneus info, so I'm not going to get worked up about it.

I'd hate to see Carr go, but if it happens, it seems Pioli has a fair backup plan in place, so I won't lose any sleep.

I think Carr is amenable to working out a deal now, it just probably is for more than Flowers, and more than the Chiefs want to pay.

Pioli has been quite good at getting his own players locked up, I don't doubt Carr was in the plan, but Carr has played himself to a number one CB price. I don't blame Pioli for not wanting to pay two CBs # 1 money.

milkman
02-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I think Carr is amenable to working out a deal now, it just probably is for more than Flowers, and more than the Chiefs want to pay.

Pioli has been quite good at getting his own players locked up, I don't doubt Carr was in the plan, but Carr has played himself to a number one CB price. I don't blame Pioli for not wanting to pay two CBs # 1 money.

I agree with that, which is why I say, if it's true that Carr was willing to work out a deal at the same time that Flowers got his, it would have been wise to get it taken care of then, because he hadn't yet achieved that #1 CB money status.

And again, I don't know if it's true that he was willing, I'm only speculating based on a vague remebrance of a report from that time.

splatbass
02-25-2012, 08:51 PM

What did you expect?

So, go **** yourself.

Did you quote the wrong post? Because I don't think anything in here applies to me. You must have intended to reply to someone else.

milkman
02-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Did you quote the wrong post? Because I don't think anything in here applies to me. You must have intended to reply to someone else.

No, you just needed a verbal bitch slapping.

Seriously, yes I did quote the wrong post.

Titty Meat
02-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Man it's getting old how a good thread with great discussion is made and then 1 dumbass shows up and a number of guys spend pages going after said dumbass.

Thig Lyfe
03-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Montana woulda won a Super Bowl if it weren't for that injury, I say.

Thig Lyfe
03-02-2012, 05:16 PM

Agreeed.

Mojo Jojo
03-02-2012, 05:28 PM

Since the Falcons tagged Grimes today...the value for Carr just went way up. No way he doesn't test the waters now. Someone will gave him #1 money.

Mojo Jojo
03-02-2012, 05:36 PM

Montana would have won a Super Bowl if DT would have shown up for that game and could have tackled Thurman Thomas.

whoman69
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Montana would have won a Super Bowl if DT would have shown up for that game and could have tackled Thurman Thomas.

Montana would have won a Super Bowl if the Bills played in the championship like they did in the Super Bowl.

Monty
03-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Montana would have won a Super Bowl if the Bills played in the championship like they did in the Super Bowl.

Kimble Anders missed an easy catch in the first half that set the stage for the loss. The Bills were looking very average up to that point.

Thig Lyfe
03-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Peyton Manning

Tribal Warfare
03-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Meyton Panning

fyp

CoMoChief
03-06-2012, 05:27 PM
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE sign this man!!!!

bevischief
03-06-2012, 05:27 PM
He is not part of the tree...

lcarus
03-06-2012, 06:22 PM
He is not part of the tree...

Let me fix that tree for you. It's easy.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/Soda_Popinski/thetree.jpg

Just a small portion of the tree, but you get the idea.

Bowser
03-06-2012, 06:24 PM

Or if Charles Mincy holds onto an easy pick six early in the game.

Titty Meat
03-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Those were 18 point plays?

O.city
03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Whats the radio guys saying about the Chiefs and Manning, the guys in KC atleast.

Brianfo
03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Let me fix that tree for you. It's easy.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/Soda_Popinski/thetree.jpg

Just a small portion of the tree, but you get the idea.

Solid post. Made me chuckle.

Bowser
03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Those were 18 point plays?

Momentum plays, to be sure.