PDA

View Full Version : KU Who will win final Border War?

Lzen
02-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Just because it has been debated in the game thread.

Poll is on the way - have patience.

Trevo_410
02-24-2012, 12:57 PM
fuck you

ChiefFripp
02-24-2012, 12:57 PM
If the Jayhawks don't get lazy, they win by a bucket.

Lzen
02-24-2012, 01:00 PM
**** you

Why so angry?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Poll fail?

Dartgod
02-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Over 10 minutes to make a poll?

This bodes well for Mizzou.

DenverDanChiefsFan
02-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Jayhawks

Bowser
02-24-2012, 01:08 PM
HOME COOKING

Lzen
02-24-2012, 01:09 PM

ROFL

Good thing I don't play for KU. :D

Brainfart. I forgot how to add the poll.

Trevo_410

http://www.tigerboard.com/uimages/user24090_1.jpg

Lzen
Bowser I though you were my friend. :deevee:

Bowser
02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Nothing personal. I learned a long time ago to never not pick the "Fuck You" option in polls.

And as much as it pains me to say it, KU is going to win this. Probably big. This has the feel of an 89-71 type of whuppin. So fuck all of you pissant Beakers.

KurtCobain
02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Domination.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Nobody pickas the Gaz option anymore. Makes me sad.

GoHuge
02-24-2012, 01:15 PM
We already swept Mizzou in FB & BB this year, but there was no K-State option. Thought the book was closed on this topic Tuesday night!! :)

suds79
02-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Nobody pickas the Gaz option anymore. Makes me sad.

Time to put that thing out to pasture.

Bowser
02-24-2012, 01:16 PM
We already swept Mizzou in FB & BB this year, but there was no K-State option. Thought the book was closed on this topic Tuesday night!! :)

We like you guys, so we decided to go out the door letting K-State feel good about themselves. It's up to you to squash KU going forward now.

Trevo_410
02-24-2012, 01:16 PM
poll fail, there's no, "I'm a kU fan and we're going to get our asses whooped" option.

CHENZ A!
02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
poll fail, there's no, "I'm a kU fan and we're going to get our asses whooped" option.

LMAO

Bearcat
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM

And you're not a fan of either team, huh?

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Trevo... I'd just like to say that I think it's really cool of you to have a special olympian in your avatar. Those guys and gals inspire me and it's such a worthy thing to give time to. A friend of yours?

Trevo_410
02-24-2012, 01:22 PM
And you're not a fan of either team, huh?

my mouse slipped

Bowser
I'd just like to say that I think it's really cool of you to have a special olympian in you avatar. Those guys and gals inspire me and it's such a worthy thing to give time to. A friend of yours?

Bill Murray is not a Special Olympian, moran.

Bowser
Ha! Quoted before edit!

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Ha! Quoted before edit!

LMAO

Bearcat
02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
my mouse slipped

How convenient.

Saulbadguy
02-24-2012, 01:43 PM

Come on.

How many KU graduates do you actually know?

Lzen
02-24-2012, 01:45 PM
I thought Dave Lane was a KU guy. :eek:

bsp4444
02-24-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm an MU fan, wife went to MU, daughter goes to MU, gotta go with my brain, though, KU by 15.

Lzen
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
!@#$
I just realized I messed up the poll. :banghead:
That's what I get for trying to do this while I'm working.

GoHuge
02-24-2012, 02:10 PM
We like you guys, so we decided to go out the door letting K-State feel good about themselves. It's up to you to squash KU going forward now.Well thanks for letting off the gas and giving us a chance to feel good..........very noble of Mizzou and their fans!!

I am wondering what Mizzou is going to do about that stupid fuckin song they did. Was really presumptious being they've never won anything in the Big 12 and now they've got a finely tailored clown suit to wear. The KU satire song was even dumber than the original Mizzou song so I guess it isn't too big of a deal.

seclark
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
this is the kind of shit that makes me glad i flunked out of high school.
sec

Bambi
02-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Where's the "I'm a MU fan and KU wins by 10+ points" option?

ROYC75
02-24-2012, 02:25 PM
I have a hunch, MU stay close the first half ( - 4, 5 points ) and KU stretches it out in the 2nd half, looking for a 12 point win. A respectable showing by MU, not letting it get into a blowout.

I just look for the Bigs to dominate this game in Lawrence.

The real treat will be in KC, providing they meet to have a game 3, the tourney will be tough with ISU and KSU chewing on the top 2 along with Baylor in there somewhere. Baylor is a team by all rights have the most talent and easily the worst coach in the B12. Any other coach in the B12 could have won this league with Baylor's roster.

GoHuge
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
this is the kind of shit that makes me glad i flunked out of high school.
secWhich is the case with most KU fans. I would say 50% of them have never stepped foot on KU's campus. I know a hell of a lot more KU fans that didn't go to KU than people that actually did. Just frontrunners like Yankee and Red Sox fans that have no ties to the team other than just wanting to root for an easy winner.

luv
02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Is one of the last two supposed to be more than 10 points?

GoHuge
02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
I have a hunch, MU stay close the first half ( - 4, 5 points ) and KU stretches it out in the 2nd half, looking for a 12 point win. A respectable showing by MU, not letting it get into a blowout.

I just look for the Bigs to dominate this game in Lawrence.

The real treat will be in KC, providing they meet to have a game 3, the tourney will be tough with ISU and KSU chewing on the top 2 along with Baylor in there somewhere. Baylor is a team by all rights have the most talent and easily the worst coach in the B12. Any other coach in the B12 could have won this league with Baylor's roster.After watching the K-State games against Mizzou a team that has a couple of dominant Bigs (like T Rob and Withey) would be stupid not to just feed the Bigs and try and make Mizzou stop them. If they couldn't handle Samuels, JO, and Gipson I don't see how they stop KU's who are better than the 3 K-State bigs I mentioned. The blueprint on how to beat them was displayed again just 3 days ago. Hard to believe Self isn't gonna put it in his gameplan. Think KU should roll pretty easily.

Bearcat
02-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Which is the case with most KU fans. I would say 50% of them have never stepped foot on KU's campus. I know a hell of a lot more KU fans that didn't go to KU than people that actually did. Just frontrunners like Yankee and Red Sox fans that have no ties to the team other than just wanting to root for an easy winner.

So, I was supposed to go to Kansas because I grew up watching their basketball games?

And I'm sure there are a lot of frontrunners... kind of wish I had gone that route with the NFL.

Dartgod
02-24-2012, 02:52 PM
So, I was supposed to go to Kansas because I grew up watching their basketball games?

And I'm sure there are a lot of frontrunners... kind of wish I had gone that route with the NFL.

I didn't go to Missouri either. But DeVry didn't have a Div. 1 basketball program to root for, so there ya go.

Simplicity
02-24-2012, 02:53 PM

Stupid.

Lzen
02-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Which is the case with most KU fans. I would say 50% of them have never stepped foot on KU's campus. I know a hell of a lot more KU fans that didn't go to KU than people that actually did. Just frontrunners like Yankee and Red Sox fans that have no ties to the team other than just wanting to root for an easy winner.

WTF is this nonsense all about? FTR, I have been to the KU campus many times for games (hoops and football). I did not attend college. But I grew up a KU fan. Pretty much everyone here is either a KU or KSU fan. There, is that better for you? Do I meet your criteria on who or what is a true fan?

Lzen
02-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I didn't go to Missouri either. But DeVry didn't have a Div. 1 basketball program to root for, so there ya go.

I still don't understand how someone can be a MU fan in one sport and a Nub. fan in another sport. :doh!:

BigRock
02-24-2012, 03:11 PM
So if Kansas wins going away, do they do the usual rock chalk chant, or do they sing them out like this?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rUCC90QR7GM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&start=115"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rUCC90QR7GM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&start=115" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Lzen
02-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks, Bearcat for fixing the poll I screwed up. :thumb:

ROYC75
02-24-2012, 03:20 PM
After watching the K-State games against Mizzou a team that has a couple of dominant Bigs (like T Rob and Withey) would be stupid not to just feed the Bigs and try and make Mizzou stop them. If they couldn't handle Samuels, JO, and Gipson I don't see how they stop KU's who are better than the 3 K-State bigs I mentioned. The blueprint on how to beat them was displayed again just 3 days ago. Hard to believe Self isn't gonna put it in his gameplan. Think KU should roll pretty easily.

I want to think this with the revenge factor of the game in Columbia, MU leaving the B12, etc, but MU has always been a thorn in our butt in one way or another. Sure we hold the all time wins by a large number, but MU always has a way to keep a game close or sneak out a win somehow when KU is or should be favored.

MU's team speed can offset another teams inability to not protect the ball and they do move the ball well enough for good shot selections. KSU played tough D on MU and the shots just didn't fall for MU.

If I was KSU I don't think I would want to play MU a 3rd time. Give a team with talent 3 tries at you can make it difficult to win that 3rd game. I feared the KSU a few years back playing them in the B12 Tourney before the Big dance, even though KU won, I didn't want to play them again.

luv
02-24-2012, 03:36 PM
I just hope we keep it close.

Beerthirty
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm just ready to get it over with and move on to the SEC. Ready to play other teams. When we move on maybe I can be friends with KU fans and K State fans at Chiefs games. Lol

qabbaan
02-24-2012, 03:41 PM
It will be a great one to watch, but I expect KS will win.

Chief_For_Life58
02-24-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm just ready to get it over with and move on to the SEC. Ready to play other teams. When we move on maybe I can be friends with KU fans and K State fans at Chiefs games. Lol

NEVER!!!!!!

Dartgod
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
I still don't understand how someone can be a MU fan in one sport and a Nub. fan in another sport. :doh!:

I'm a conundrum.

Lzen
02-24-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm a conundrum.

Lol. I'm just giving you crap. You're still a good guy. We'll try not to hold that against you. :p

Chocolate Hog
02-24-2012, 04:28 PM
It's lame how if MU wins and they finish with the same conference record as KU it'll be a split title.

CoMoChief
02-24-2012, 04:31 PM
It's lame how if MU wins and they finish with the same conference record as KU it'll be a split title.

MU should have played better against KSU

Lzen
02-24-2012, 04:41 PM

Well that may be but its how the conference has said it will be from the beginning. It's not like this is news to anyone. I didn't even realize they did it that way until KU and UT were tied at the end of the season a few years ago and they said KU would share the title and get a trophy. Its just the way this conference does it. Still, if KU wins out this is a non issue.

Dartgod
02-24-2012, 05:05 PM
MU should have played better against KSU

Fuck, I hate agreeing with you.

Okie_Apparition
02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
It's basketball and nobody gives a fuck

bevischief
02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
The Mexicans with the help of the Chinese.

Bearcat
02-24-2012, 05:49 PM

Yep, it's dumb... I understood the splits when not everyone played each other twice, but we'll all know who really won the conference if Missouri wins out. Can't say the title goes through Kansas, then award half of it to them when someone sweeps them on their way to the same record.

Mizzou_8541
02-24-2012, 05:56 PM
ku by 15.

lawrenceRaider
02-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Why so angry?

Because he knows Misery is going to get their stuff pushed in.

Nzoner
02-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Even though I voted KU wins by less than 10 a blowout would not shock me as I don't see the Big 12 and "the powers that be" letting Mizzou escape with a win.I look for some big time controversial calls tomorrow all going Ku's way and if so,so be it because....

Fock the big 12 title and tornament I just want to see Mizzou make a great run at the FF and not lose to the likes of a bradley,Bucknell,N iowa or VCU

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 09:58 PM
I just hope we keep it close.

Oh come on, you want to win. Of course you want to win... and you may. Two of the best teams in the country in the final regular season game for who knows how long... I hope you'd want to win at least.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Even though I voted KU wins by less than 10 a blowout would not shock me as I don't see the Big 12 and "the powers that be" letting Mizzou escape with a win.I look for some big time controversial calls tomorrow all going Ku's way and if so,so be it because....

You know I like you Nzoner but... with all due respect... that's some lame ass shit. It's worse than what many of you MU fans thought KC Connection was doing whining about our loss on your court days after because it's making excuses before the fact. If so many of you guys are so convinced this game is already fixed maybe your team should just head back to Columbia now.

Seriously I can't believe the people who may be thinking this way. You should believe it will be a tough game that MU is very capable of winning because after all, they are.

ROYC75
02-24-2012, 10:08 PM

Fock the big 12 title and tornament I just want to see Mizzou make a great run at the FF and not lose to the likes of a bradley,Bucknell,N iowa or VCU

Good Luck buddy, IMHO, I think size and playing against a tough D minded team will spell the end of your dream, a Sweet 16 in store but Elite 8* on your plate will not make.

But anything is possible, I didn't think KU and MU would ever be separated by 2 conferences.

KcMizzou
02-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Despite my vote (I'm a Mizzou fan damnit!) I'm bracing myself for about a 12 point loss. That place is gonna be nuts... and it really is a big factor.

That said, we've got shooters, and if a guy or two (Denmon, English, Dixon) gets hot I could easily see Mizzou pulling out a close win. So, I've got hope.

And yeah, it'd be my favorite win as a Missouri basketball fan (in the regular season).

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Despite my vote (I'm a Mizzou fan damnit!) I'm bracing myself for about a 12 point loss. That place is gonna be nuts... and it really is a big factor.

That said, we've got shooters, and if a guy or two (Denmon, English, Dixon) gets hot I could easily see Mizzou pulling out a close win. So, I've got hope.

And yeah, it'd be my favorite win as a Missouri basketball fan (in the regular season).

One of my brothers is going to be there and he's the loudest mother fucker I've ever heard lol. He's the singer in a hard rock band and he'll bring it like it's his stage.

:thumb:

Nzoner
02-24-2012, 10:30 PM
You know I like you Nzoner but... with all due respect... that's some lame ass shit. It's worse than what many of you MU fans thought KC Connection was doing whining about our loss on your court days after because it's making excuses before the fact. If so many of you guys are so convinced this game is already fixed maybe your team should just head back to Columbia now.

Seriously I can't believe the people who may be thinking this way. You should believe it will be a tough game that MU is very capable of winning because after all, they are.

Dude my "conspiracy theories" are well documented on the planet and with all due respect if you don't think collegiate and pro sports involve point shaving and refs making focked up calls we have nothing further to discuss.I mean c'mon Ku is up by 21 Wed against A&M with a Vegas line of 11 and they ALMOST choke it away but oh A&M wins the spread yet loses the game.

Seriously,I focking love sports but there's too much money involved,I mean shit Rosthein fixed the 1919 World series and you want me to buy that we haven't gotten even more corrupt since then?

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Dude my "conspiracy theories" are well documented on the planet and with all due respect if you don't think collegiate and pro sports involve point shaving and refs making focked up calls we have nothing further to discuss.I mean c'mon Ku is up by 21 Wed against A&M with a Vegas line of 11 and they ALMOST choke it away but oh A&M wins the spread yet loses the game.

Seriously,I focking love sports but there's too much money involved,I mean shit Rosthein fixed the 1919 World series and you want me to buy that we haven't gotten even more corrupt since then?

I'm not saying fixing never happens I just think your defeatist attitude about tomorrows game is sad.

Fair question though I think considering your beliefs about tomorrows game... KU led pretty much the whole way in Columbia until they choked the last couple minutes... certainly a questionable charging call in there that helped MU... was the first game fixed in MU's favor?

Nzoner
02-24-2012, 10:39 PM
BTW,at last check the vegas line opened at KU -6 1/2 and is now up to -8 which means the money is rolling in on Ku...we'll have to check tomorrow but I'm going to a party at 1 but will be checking scores and odds before tip.

FWIW,I'm not saying this shit happens in every game but let's just watch how this plays out.

KcMizzou
02-24-2012, 10:43 PM
I really hope shit like that doesn't actually happen. It'd ruin sports for me. It'd make caring about a game pointless.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 10:44 PM
I really hope shit like that doesn't actually happen. It'd ruin sports for me.

Agreed. May the best team win even if it's not mine.

Nzoner
02-24-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm not saying fixing never happens I just think your defeatist attitude about tomorrows game is sad.

Fair question though I think considering your beliefs about tomorrows game... KU led pretty much the whole way in Columbia until they choked the last couple minutes... certainly a questionable charging call in there that helped MU... was the first game fixed in MU's favor?

I would not be shocked,I was sitting courtside for that game and mizzou goes on an 11-0 run with a bit over 2 minutes left.

Like I said i focking hate it because I love sports but having been to vegas over 10 times now during NFL and NCAA tourneys I just have to think of the roman gladiators and how the people gathered and felt the intensity of the challenge.Fast forward to now and how much we are the same except the $$$$ that are bet on the games?

Lastly PLEASE check this out...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/utO9jtDpsmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 10:56 PM
I would not be shocked,I was sitting courtside for that game and mizzou goes on an 11-0 run with a bit over 2 minutes left.

Like I said i focking hate it because I love sports but having been to vegas over 10 times now during NFL and NCAA tourneys I just have to think of the roman gladiators and how the people gathered and felt the intensity of the challenge.Fast forward to now and how much we are the same except the $$$$ that are bet on the games?

Lastly PLEASE check this out...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/utO9jtDpsmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well fwiw I think MU won game 1 because they were the better, more consistant team that day. KU may have won 38 minutes but they didn't play defense or hit free throws late and it bit them in the ass. Unfortunately for us the game is 40 minutes, not 38.

KC_Connection
02-24-2012, 11:08 PM

Hopefully. That would only be fair after the home cooking exhibition we saw in the first game.

KC_Connection
02-24-2012, 11:12 PM
KU is a slightly better team and with the home advantage, I think it will be about a 8-10 PT win.

If MU doesn't hit their 3s like their previous game vs. KSU, though, it might be a very long game for them. Still, I expect they'll make them....they'll be amped up with the B12 title essentially on the line.

KC_Connection
02-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Well fwiw I think MU won game 1 because they were the better, more consistant team that day. KU may have won 38 minutes but they didn't play defense or hit free throws late and it bit them in the ass. Unfortunately for us the game is 40 minutes, not 38.
Or it was fixed in favor of MU, like Nzoner is saying.

Which do you think was more likely? LMAO

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 11:25 PM

Well I wouldn't mind thinking we lost because we were'nt allowed to win... but it's more likely that we just shit our pants at the end.

Nzoner
02-24-2012, 11:26 PM

Kind of like that -11 against A&M on Wednesday and KU blows not only a 21 point lead but the spread as well?

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Kind of like that -11 against A&M on Wednesday and KU blows not only a 21 point lead but the spread as well?

KU is famous for taking their foot off the gas. Damn kids playing games.

KC_Connection
02-24-2012, 11:28 PM
You're right, I always knew MU could never beat a superior team like KU without some help.

Nzoner
02-24-2012, 11:30 PM
You're right, I always knew Bradley,Bucknell,N Iowa and VCU could never beat a superior team like KU without some help.

FYP :thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 11:32 PM

Are you one of the MU fans that doesn't care about KU? You're going to a better conference after all.

And if you're going to talk smack don't forget Rhoad Island.

KC_Connection
02-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Those games were part of the conspiracy, too?

Explains a lot.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 11:37 PM

Explains a lot.

Now that he mentions it, it's a good point. No way we actually lost those games. They were fixed. It's like we just won 5 more titles!

Thanks for the credit Nzoner!

PBJ

GoHuge
02-24-2012, 11:38 PM
WTF is this nonsense all about? FTR, I have been to the KU campus many times for games (hoops and football). I did not attend college. But I grew up a KU fan. Pretty much everyone here is either a KU or KSU fan. There, is that better for you? Do I meet your criteria on who or what is a true fan?Dude I said probably 50% have never stepped foot on the Campus which leaves about 1.5 million people within 100 miles of KC that are KU fans because it's the team that represents their state and that in my mind is a perfectly logical reason to be a fan of the team. I am referring to the people that say "I like KU in basketball" and it's only because they want to root for a team that is dominate and wins all the time. The "KU in basketball" nonsense is what I'm getting at. You're either a full time fan of a school or your not. Three years ago KU fans loved football and now that they're a doormat again they don't care about football and all you hear is "wait till basketball season" when they get shit from a rival fan base when their football team is demolished.

Doesn't diminish the passion a huge portion of the KU fanbase has for their team. Just saying you don't hear people talk about being a huge Wichita State fan during baseball season or a K-State fan during football. None of those teams are as dominate in the sports I mentioned as KU is in basketball and their is a huge number that have decided to become a KU basketball fan (and that's the only KU sport they have passion for) because they win all time. I know a ton of people that have moved here from different parts of the country that are KU fans after 2 years of being here because it seems like a cool thing to do. If you can't acknowledge there is truth in the examples I gave you're not a very observant person. But to my other point I'm not diminishing the passion you and millions of others in the Midwest have for KU. Just making the point their is a gigantic number of people in the area that are exactly the people I've described and that doesn't take place at the other locals schools with the regularity that it does with KU. Not bashing all the KU fans just pointing out a fact.

Nzoner
02-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Are you one of the MU fans that doesn't care about KU? You're going to a better conference after all.

And if you're going to talk smack don't forget Rhoad Island.

Damn dude that was a compliment to you fockers,you really think all those KU losses to those schools were legit?

Think about 1995,Chiefs are 13-3 homefield advantage and a focking dome team comes to Arrowhead in sub-zero weather and KC's focking kicker who used to be employed by Jerry Jones shanks 3 Fg attempts. LMAO

I know we don't want to think about it but wake the hell up.

Nzoner
02-24-2012, 11:43 PM

Explains a lot.

I'll tell you what explains a lot,there's a reason the NASCAR track is in Kansas and Arrowhead and Kaufman are in Missouri.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Damn dude that was a compliment to you fockers,you really think all those KU losses to those schools were legit?

Think about 1995,Chiefs are 13-3 homefield advantage and a focking dome team comes to Arrowhead in sub-zero weather and KC's focking kicker who used to be employed by Jerry Jones shanks 3 Fg attempts. LMAO

I know we don't want to think about it but wake the hell up.

I've woken the hell up 5 different times when my team has gone out to mid majors in the tourney. I don't think those games were fixed, I think we didn't play as good as we needed to to win against highly motivated teams. I watched those games and saw us not hit shots, make dumb mistakes and get taken out of our game.

What have the players on those teams gotten for dumping those games to insure the fix? Collegiate players aren't allowed to take bribes or gifts. Do you really think all the players from those 5 teams said "oh ok... we'll embarrass ourselves in front of the nation yet again because we have some cool shit coming to us for doing it."

You're sounding a lot like tedubbya.

Nzoner
02-24-2012, 11:48 PM
I've woken the hell up 5 different times when my team has gone out to mid majors in the tourney. I don't think those games were fixed, I think we didn't play as good as we needed to to win against highly motivated teams. I watched those games and saw us not hit shots, make dumb mistakes and get taken out of our game.

What have the players on those teams gotten for dumping those games to insure the fix? Collegiate players aren't allowed to take bribes or gifts. Do you really think all the players from those 5 teams said "oh ok... we'll embarrass ourselves in front of the nation yet again because we have some cool shit coming to us for doing it."

You're sounding a lot like tedubbya.

Aren't allowed LMAO

Do you even follow the news?

Anyhow,big day tomorrow I'm going to bed.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Aren't allowed LMAO

Do you even follow the news?

Anyhow,big day tomorrow I'm going to bed.

Yes aren't allowed as in it's against the rules. Of course it happens. I doubt it happened 5 times without an investigation into how KU players and coaches agreed to a fix. If it did and they got away with it 5 times then KU is the mother fuckin mafia of college sports.

The difference between you and sane fans is that some of us can just accept that teams and players... especially at the collegiate level where immature and non professional kids are the stars... sometimes lose games they shouldn't. That's why it's college and not pro sports.

But you've already decided MU is losing tomorrow and you have your conspiracys ready so it really doesn't matter what the outcome is... unless of course MU wins. Then it'll be legit.

Silock
02-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Can't wait. I've got my vocal chords warmed up and ready to go.

DJay23
02-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Dude I said probably 50% have never stepped foot on the Campus which leaves about 1.5 million people within 100 miles of KC that are KU fans because it's the team that represents their state and that in my mind is a perfectly logical reason to be a fan of the team. I am referring to the people that say "I like KU in basketball" and it's only because they want to root for a team that is dominate and wins all the time. The "KU in basketball" nonsense is what I'm getting at. You're either a full time fan of a school or your not. Three years ago KU fans loved football and now that they're a doormat again they don't care about football and all you hear is "wait till basketball season" when they get shit from a rival fan base when their football team is demolished.

Doesn't diminish the passion a huge portion of the KU fanbase has for their team. Just saying you don't hear people talk about being a huge Wichita State fan during baseball season or a K-State fan during football. None of those teams are as dominate in the sports I mentioned as KU is in basketball and their is a huge number that have decided to become a KU basketball fan (and that's the only KU sport they have passion for) because they win all time. I know a ton of people that have moved here from different parts of the country that are KU fans after 2 years of being here because it seems like a cool thing to do. If you can't acknowledge there is truth in the examples I gave you're not a very observant person. But to my other point I'm not diminishing the passion you and millions of others in the Midwest have for KU. Just making the point their is a gigantic number of people in the area that are exactly the people I've described and that doesn't take place at the other locals schools with the regularity that it does with KU. Not bashing all the KU fans just pointing out a fact.

This is something that drives me crazy. It seems the bandwagon craze is off the charts with the internet and satellite TV. I live in PA and people ask me why I'm a Chiefs/Royals/KU fan and I tell them because I'm from Kansas. When I was a kid I went to those games. Later I attended KU. My teams were chosen for me because of where I'm from and where I went to school. At least that's what my dad taught me about loyalty.

Nowadays I find it very annoying to hear exactly what you're talking about. I went to high school with a guy who liked the 49ers in the NFL, the White Sox in baseball, UNC for college basketball, Florida State in college football, and the Lakers in the NBA. He's from central PA and has no connection to any of those teams, he clearly picked them out because they were good when he was a kid or he liked some player on that team.

A friend of mine I work with is a Kentucky basketball fan and Notre Dame football fan. No connection again, but the other day he said, "well you can't fault a kid for rooting for a team that's good, that's why I'm a Kentucky fan." I think that's dumb personally. I just don't see what kind of connection someone could have to some random team they've never seen play in person, never gone to the town they are from, never been in the arena/ballpark. Just like them because they win. That's weak to me. He was a White Sox fan when I first met him and especially when they won the World Series they were "his White Sox." Now there's no more arrogant Phillies fan on the planet. There's more character in pulling for a team through thick and thin. But then again, I probably take my allegiance to my teams too seriously so whatever.

I'm always distrustful also of someone who roots for rival schools in 2 different sports. That's incredibly lame, no matter how thought out the explanation is for it, it's stupid to me. Or how someone from Manhattan or CoMo could be a KU fan just for basketball. But like I said, I take that stuff too seriously sometimes. Sports are just entertainment in the end.

Nzoner
02-25-2012, 07:10 AM
I'm not saying fixing never happens

The difference between you and sane fans is that some of us can just accept that teams and players... especially at the collegiate level where immature and non professional kids are the stars... sometimes lose games they shouldn't. That's why it's college and not pro sports.

But you've already decided MU is losing tomorrow and you have your conspiracys ready so it really doesn't matter what the outcome is... unless of course MU wins. Then it'll be legit.

:hmmm:

Pablo
02-25-2012, 07:14 AM
LMAO

As for the game.

KU by 13. AFH should be in rare form and I think Withey will fucking destroy in this one. I won't count out MU because their shooting is so damn good, but I don't see them dropping this one. I just see this being a game of runs with KU finishing this out strong...

Or at least I hope that's how it goes down.

Predarat
02-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Go Jayhawks! Send them back with their tail between their legs!

Nzoner
02-25-2012, 07:38 AM
LMAO

As for the game.

KU by 13. AFH should be in rare form and I think Withey will ****ing destroy in this one. I won't count out MU because their shooting is so damn good, but I don't see them dropping this one. I just see this being a game of runs with KU finishing this out strong...

Or at least I hope that's how it goes down.

Vegas thinks there's going to be a lot of scoring :D

Seriously though the Over/Under is one of the highest in all of college bb today at 144.5

Pablo
02-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Vegas thinks there's going to be a lot of scoring :D

Seriously though the Over/Under is one of the highest in all of college bb today at 144.5Yeah. I'll just guess something like 82-70.

Should be fun.

Bambi
02-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Win or lose, I still hope Shabazz gets to booze.

Braincase
02-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Win or lose, I still hope Shabazz gets to booze.

If his name is any indication, I doubt the young man's lips will ever touch an alcoholic beverage.

Now, if you mean that he gets to enjoy a nice spiced fruit drink as a celebratory libation, indeed, I support that sentiment.

Sure-Oz
02-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Nearly impossible to win in AFH...i expect to lose by 10, hoping they bring it all game long though

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-25-2012, 08:57 AM
All I know is I hate the slavers and I hope they all get the Aids.

Boon
02-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I'll bet it's 'skirt' is black and gold.
Rock Chalk!!!

Backwards Masking
02-25-2012, 09:34 AM
KU's gonna send those Dirtbags back to the Confederacy in style.

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-25-2012, 10:04 AM
KU's gonna send those Dirtbags back to the Confederacy in style.

Is it any wodner why MissourA joined the SEC ? They obviously want to go back down south and kick off the Civil war again...gotdamn slavers!!!!!!!! lol....yah I went there!

Bambi
02-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Where are all the MU guys? I knew they'd die off CP eventually but I never thought it would be this fast.

Trevo_410
02-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Where are all the MU guys? I knew they'd die off CP eventually but I never thought it would be this fast.

We're ROFLing out loud at KU Fans' effort to show how much they really just don't care about this game.

Trevo_410
02-25-2012, 10:38 AM
just another game in lawrence, no big deal

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-25-2012, 10:43 AM
We're ROFLing out loud at KU Fans' effort to show how much they really just don't care about this game.

Slaver!
( waits for thatguy` stalker mnchiefsguy to neg rep him )

Simplicity
02-25-2012, 11:00 AM

I'm ROFLing at you thinking MU even has a slight chance to top Kansas today...

Sure-Oz
02-25-2012, 11:01 AM
KU fans don't care

Sure-Oz
02-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Basketball!

RockChalk
02-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Calling it now. KU by 10+, but the final score won't be indicative of how far apart these two teams truly are.

Bambi
02-25-2012, 11:12 AM
I always care about my opponent.

I've stated this multiple times.

Gonna watch at the Dogfish Brewery in rehobeth beach. Let's get it on!

mnchiefsguy
02-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Slaver!
( waits for thatguy` stalker mnchiefsguy to neg rep him )

Dude, you are the stalker...how many notifications have you posted on my chiefsplanet wall? Who else even does that?

You are a pussy who just can't take neg rep.

You are a troll, you post nothing of value.

"Mizzou is a bunch of slavers" is the best your puny brain can come up with.

You are a disgrace of Wickedson proportions.

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Dude, you are the stalker...how many notifications have you posted on my chiefsplanet wall? Who else even does that?

You are a pussy who just can't take neg rep.

You are a troll, you post nothing of value.

"Mizzou is a bunch of slavers" is the best your puny brain can come up with.

You are a disgrace of Wickedson proportions.

And like magic..my stalker shows up.:thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 01:08 PM

Saying fixes could happen sometimes and agreeing with your type of conspiracy theorys are very different things, but if you believe you caught me on semantics then yay for you I suppose.

KurtCobain
02-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I can't wait for the beakers tonight. 'Mu got lucky!!' 'This was your superbowl mizzou losers, we didnt try' 'We don't even care. We're still spoiled.'
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I can't wait for the beakers tonight. 'Mu got lucky!!' 'This was your superbowl mizzou losers, we didnt try' 'We don't even care. We're still spoiled.'
Posted via Mobile Device

I've clearly stated MU is very capable of winning again... but ok Joey. I'm sure none of the MU fans will use some of their usual lines if KU wins.

"The butthurt Big 12 wasn't going to let us win... we don't need this shit conference anymore anyway... home cooking!... it's a conspiracy!"

KurtCobain
02-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah, but Ku isn't going to win...
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
02-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumb:

ROFL ROFL

Infidel Goat
02-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/files/2011/07/choking-method1.jpg

KILLER_CLOWN
02-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch....

Fairplay
02-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

What did you say?:hmmm:

Boon
02-25-2012, 08:22 PM
ROCK CHALK Mizery scum.
Have fun is South Carolina next year..................

RockChalk
02-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Calling it now. KU by 10+, but the final score won't be indicative of how far apart these two teams truly are.

Couldn't have been more wrong about Missouri. After watching the first game, I really thought we would dominate in AFH. They have a hell of a squad. Great game. One of the best in AFH history. Hopefully we'll get a 3rd one in the Big 12 Tourney Championship.

Mizzou stole one in Columbia. We stole one yesterday afternoon.

Pablo
02-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Totally wrong on this one.

MU imposed their will for the entire first half and we had to claw our way back in.

Far cry from the 12 point victory I predicted.

LMAO