PDA

View Full Version : Life Judge orders man to apologize on facebook 30 days straight to stupid bitch ex-wife

Al Bundy
02-24-2012, 09:04 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57384794/ohio-man-given-choice-of-facebook-apology-or-jail/
(AP) CINCINNATI A man who was threatened with jail time for posting comments about his estranged wife on his personal Facebook page unless he posted daily apologies for a month says the court ruling violates his freedom of speech.

Mark Byron is making the apologies so he can avoid 60 days in jail. But he and free speech experts say the ruling determining what someone can or cannot say should concern other Facebook users.

A court magistrate in Cincinnati last month found Byron in contempt of an order prohibiting him from causing his wife mental abuse, harassment or annoyance.

Court documents allege Bryron's comments posted in November were intended to be mentally abusive, harassing and annoying.

milkman
02-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Holy fuck.

What kind of pansy-ass world do we live in?

BossChief
02-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Wouldn't that be the "unusual" part of "no cruel and unusual punishment" to a tee?

FAX
02-24-2012, 09:10 PM
"Under threat of imprisonment, I would like to say I'm sorry to my ex-wife that I posted horrible stuff about her ugly bitch-ass on my facebook page."

FAX

WhiteWhale
02-24-2012, 09:13 PM
If he violated his court order... fine. You can't force him to say things under threat of prison though. Unbelievable that a judge can't see the conflict there.

Fruit Ninja
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
lol, i have no problems appologizing even if i am in the right. If that makes the bitch stfu, then its totally worth it.

Just because i said something doesnt mean i mean it. lol I'd say sorry then move the fuck on. Less drama that way.

stonedstooge
02-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Bet the judge is a bitch too

Dayze
02-24-2012, 09:19 PM
I'd tell the judge to kma and do the 60.

KurtCobain
02-24-2012, 09:19 PM
This shit sucks, I have a funny joke on this subject, but it might get me banned. sob.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
02-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Have you guys noticed how difficult it can sometimes be to maintain eye contact with a woman who is in possession of two fantastical, proportionate tittahs and whose amazing cleavage is on full display?

It's almost as though the tittahs are hypnotizing you and forcing you to gaze at the tittahs against your will.

FAX

rockymtnchief
02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
:facepalm:

Judge, your and idiot.

Just Passin' By
02-24-2012, 09:26 PM
A longer version of the story (http://news.yahoo.com/judge-gives-ohio-man-choice-jail-facebook-apology-060203184.html)

luv
02-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Little do people know that things you post on facebook can be used against you. We have a client who has a person saying stuff about her on facebook, and his friends have been commenting on what he should do to "the bitch." She is able to get a restraining order against him due to that.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Holy ****.

What kind of pansy-ass world do we live in?

Obligatory "this"

FAX
02-24-2012, 09:37 PM
If I were a hypnotist and owned a hypnosis clinic, I would hire a girl as a receptionist/assistant who had fantastical, proportionate tittahs and I would call her "Hypnosis Girl" or maybe "Miss Merism". Then, I would paint spirals on her marvelous tittahs. Then, when a patient sat down in the patient chair, I would have Hypnosis Girl come into the room and do that little hop/upper-body-thrust thing that some girls can do that causes the tittahs to spin in opposite directions. Then, I would have the patient stare at those spinning tittahs and he would be under in half the time. After all, time is money and, the faster they go under, the faster we can get that smoking problem under control.

FAX

Phobia
02-24-2012, 09:41 PM
This shit sucks, I have a funny joke on this subject, but it might get me banned. sob.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a hard time believing this.

KurtCobain
02-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Should I try it, phob?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Should I try it, phob?
Posted via Mobile Device

Do it, it's not like you won't be getting banned for something else within a week anyway.

blazzin311
02-24-2012, 09:50 PM
If I were a hypnotist and owned a hypnosis clinic, I would hire a girl as a receptionist/assistant who had fantastical, proportionate tittahs and I would call her "Hypnosis Girl" or maybe "Miss Merism". Then, I would paint spirals on her marvelous tittahs. Then, when a patient sat down in the patient chair, I would have Hypnosis Girl come into the room and do that little hop/upper-body-thrust thing that some girls can do that causes the tittahs to spin in opposite directions. Then, I would have the patient stare at those spinning tittahs and he would be under in half the time. After all, time is money and, the faster they go under, the faster we can get that smoking problem under control.

FAX

You Sir FAX, are an inspiration and innovator for all of us. I enjoy your posts. Don't know why it's taken me this long to commend you on them. :thumb:

Bump
02-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Pretty damn ridiculous. How can you go to jail for that?

Valiant
02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
What did he actually say?? It might be true.. I would keep appealing and tell the judge to go fuck off.. But not to her face, private facebook page that she cant see..

alpha_omega
02-24-2012, 10:04 PM
He should have a blog about the subject.

blazzin311
02-24-2012, 10:10 PM
What did he actually say?? It might be true.. I would keep appealing and tell the judge to go **** off.. But not to her face, private facebook page that she cant see..

This is what he said, according to what one of the articles said.....

“If you are an evil, vindictive woman who wants to ruin your husband’s life and take your son’s father away from him completely — all you need to do is say you’re scared of your husband or domestic partner and they’ll take him away!”

As I see it, for the most part that's a true statement.....that pretty much all a wife, spouse, or significant other has to do is say they're afraid. From that point on, the "Law" will step in and screw someone over one way or another.

Phobia
02-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Should I try it, phob?
Posted via Mobile Device

You're a grown man. Do whatever you think is best.

boogblaster
02-24-2012, 11:08 PM
F that judge right up her loose stinkin' exhaust pipe ......

Count Zarth
02-24-2012, 11:09 PM
POST THE JOKE KURT

http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/19/ben_stiller_do_it.gif

BigRock
02-25-2012, 12:06 AM
The guy was convicted of domestic violence and owes his wife child support.

And I'm supposed to feel bad that the judge gave him the option of posting on Facebook so he could avoid jail time? Fuck him.

Phobia
02-25-2012, 12:14 AM
The guy was convicted of domestic violence and owes his wife child support.

No he was not. His wife was granted an order of protection. That's "civil" domestic violence. He wasn't ever charged criminally. A woman only has to say they're scared to get an order of protection. There is no burden of proof. Big, big difference.

Lonewolf Ed
02-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Have you guys noticed how difficult it can sometimes be to maintain eye contact with a woman who is in possession of two fantastical, proportionate tittahs and whose amazing cleavage is on full display?

It's almost as though the tittahs are hypnotizing you and forcing you to gaze at the tittahs against your will.

FAX

Gazing at magnificent melons is never against my will!

BigRock
02-25-2012, 01:30 AM
No he was not.
He was convicted. Yes, it was civil, it's in the linked article above. That's why I mentioned that he's also a deadbeat, which wasn't in the article. The fact that there are other issues at play tends to weaken his benefit of the doubt on the domestic violence.

And not only did he owe back child support, apparently he wasn't even visiting his kid. But now he wants to be a free speech martyr.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 02:12 AM
He should go to court with a copy of the constitution and read it for this judge because it seems that would be a first for her.

Gary
02-25-2012, 05:37 AM
He was convicted. Yes, it was civil, it's in the linked article above. That's why I mentioned that he's also a deadbeat, which wasn't in the article. The fact that there are other issues at play tends to weaken his benefit of the doubt on the domestic violence.

And not only did he owe back child support, apparently he wasn't even visiting his kid. But now he wants to be a free speech martyr.

Everyone is protected by the same laws...even those from the very shallow end of the gene pool. Yes he is probably a deadbeat POS, but he has the same freedoms that every other citizen has. By the way, I think the judge should be kicked off the bench and disbarred as a lawyer for this ruling.

rockymtnchief
02-25-2012, 05:43 AM

It doesn't matter if he's a shit-bag or not. The day a judge can order or alter what you have to say, you're losing your freedom of speech.

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2012, 06:03 AM
I apologize to JohnWayne & Chiefsfan1963 for all the mean things I said over the months
But if I'm forced to go to Facebook, someone will have to die

BigRock
02-25-2012, 07:14 AM
It doesn't matter if he's a shit-bag or not. The day a judge can order or alter what you have to say, you're losing your freedom of speech.

The guy was under a court order that essentially said he can't do anything to bother his wife. He posted a rant on the internet directed to his/their friends that, as one would expect, got back to her.

According to the ruling, the rant was largely bullshit to make his wife look bad to people who know her. Claiming, for example, that she kept him from seeing their son for months on end, when in reality he had court-supervised visits and only showed up for them once.

As a result of this, he was found guilty of violating the court order.

But instead of just fining him and tossing him in a cell, the judge threw him a bone: post this apology and you don't have to go to jail.

He's not being forced to say anything. He was given a choice. And he can cry about freedom of speech all he wants, but he was specifically ordered to leave her alone.

The only legal question I see is whether a post on the internet that wasn't specifically sent or directed to his wife should be considered the sort of harrassment that's necessary to violate the court order. But since only a complete mong would think she wouldn't find out, I have no problem.

Predarat
02-25-2012, 07:23 AM

FAX

Its a trap! Its a booby trap!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Nice_Cleavage.jpg

Al Bundy
02-25-2012, 07:23 AM
The only legal question I see is whether a post on the internet that wasn't specifically sent or directed to his wife should be considered the sort of harrassment that's necessary to violate the court order. But since only a complete mong would think she wouldn't find out, I have no problem.

He didn't bother her. He posted things about her, that were more than likely true, but did he ever send her a direct message? Nope... she got wind of it and went and cried to a judge about it.

jspchief
02-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Don't think the judge can force a person to say something under the threat of imprisonment. Sounds like a precedent we don't want.

However, clearly this guy has issues. Just fucking get over it.

BigRock
02-25-2012, 07:44 AM
He posted things about her that were more than likely true
Do you read the posts you're replying to?

According to the ruling, the rant was largely bullshit to make his wife look bad to people who know her. Claiming, for example, that she kept him from seeing their son for months on end, when in reality he had court-supervised visits and only showed up for them once.

See that? Read it some more. And in addition to that portion about him being a liar, you might also want to go back to the posts about how he's a deadbeat not paying his child support before you mount up and white knight for him.

He didn't bother her.
she got wind of it
Getting wind of your husband going on the internet and posting lies about you kinda sounds like a bother.

Al Bundy
02-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Do you read the posts you're replying to?

See that? Read it some more. And in addition to that portion about him being a liar, you might also want to go back to the posts about how he's a deadbeat not paying his child support before you mount up and white knight for him.

Getting wind of your husband going on the internet and posting lies about you kinda sounds like a bother.

Really it isn't. I'm not white knighting for him. He never directly messaged her. Her friends brought it to her attention. No big deal to me though. She just needs to have a little thicker skin.

Al Bundy
02-25-2012, 07:57 AM
However, clearly this guy has issues. Just ****ing get over it.

This I agree with. Probably would be better to just move on, pay your child support and find someone better.

rockymtnchief
02-25-2012, 08:37 AM
The guy was under a court order that essentially said he can't do anything to bother his wife. He posted a rant on the internet directed

But instead of just fining him and tossing him in a cell, the judge threw him a bone: post this apology and you don't have to go to jail.

I understand what you're saying and I'm not arguing if he deserved to be punished or not.

If the judge were to be offering options of punishment, he should've given the choice of a fine, jail, community service, etc...

Freedom of speech as a penalty is bullshit. We wouldn't tolerate a judge using 'suck my dick or go to jail' as a punishment. We shouldn't let a judge dictate what someone else says as a punishment either. JMO

jspchief
02-25-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm guessing there's more backstory here than people are guessing. I mean, he already has a court order to leave her alone. What led up to that? What has he done that the judge has him on such a short leash?

We can relate to the ex-wife, royal cunt character. We can also easily imagine a dumbass judge way over-reacting. But its probably more likely that this guy is a royal piece of shit that has nothing better to do with his life than harass the woman that left him for being a piece of shit.

Iowanian
02-25-2012, 09:22 AM
He should post the forced apology and all of his friends and the free world should comment terrible things about her and her bowling ball filled no no hole.

Better yet, it would be funny if one of her facebook photos ended up being used similarly to "i got a tattoo" or "Oh Hai guys"

Setsuna
02-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Bet the judge is a democrat. The most idiotic, "everyone's feelings MUST be protected" philosophy, spineless people to ever exist on this Earth since time began.

BigRock
02-25-2012, 09:36 AM
I understand what you're saying and I'm not arguing if he deserved to be punished or not.

If the judge were to be offering options of punishment, he should've given the choice of a fine, jail, community service, etc...

Freedom of speech as a penalty is bullshit. We wouldn't tolerate a judge using 'suck my dick or go to jail' as a punishment. We shouldn't let a judge dictate what someone else says as a punishment either. JMO

I know what you're saying about not wanting to start down the slope to dubious "option" punishments. And you're completely right.

But like I said initially, I just can't bring myself to feel bad. The judge was doing the guy a favor. Given the guilty ruiling, he should have just sent him to jail. He gives the guy a get out of jail free card and the guy wants to nail himself to a cross.

And if what I read was accurate, the judge actually sentenced him to the jail time and then gave him the apology option afterwards. So the guy knows full well that it wasn't "SAY THIS OR ELSE". He knows he has a choice in the matter. And he knows the choice is letting him get off easy.

AND he's a deadbeat trying to pass himself off as a victimized father, cheapening it for all the guys who really do get railroaded. This guy. This is not my kind of guy.

Setsuna
02-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Its a trap! Its a booby trap!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Nice_Cleavage.jpg

I could look straight into her eyes and not look down once unless she looked down herself. I can hold a gaze forever. That's why I'm the perfect male for all relationships for all women.

Setsuna
02-25-2012, 09:41 AM
I know what you're saying about not wanting to start down the slope to dubious "option" punishments. And you're completely right.

But like I said initially, I just can't bring myself to feel bad. The judge was doing the guy a favor. Given the guilty ruiling, he should have just sent him to jail. He gives the guy a get out of jail free card and the guy wants to nail himself to a cross.

And if what I read was accurate, the judge actually sentenced him to the jail time and then gave him the apology option afterwards. So the guy knows full well that it wasn't "SAY THIS OR ELSE". He knows he has a choice in the matter. And he knows the choice is letting him get off easy.

AND he's a deadbeat trying to pass himself off as a victimized father, cheapening it for all the guys who really do get railroaded. This guy. This is not my kind of guy.
No one is feeling bad. No one even cares about the dude in general. We care about our own rights as US citizens being in jeopardy. This is dangerous. **** the people involved in the case, we DON'T ****ING CARE. We care about this country trying to turn us into obedient slaves to power.

KurtCobain
02-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Setsuna is such a badass.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikey23545
02-25-2012, 11:21 AM
No one is feeling bad. No one even cares about the dude in general. We care about our own rights as US citizens being in jeopardy. This is dangerous. **** the people involved in the case, we DON'T ****ING CARE. We care about this country trying to turn us into obedient slaves to power.

Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know if he's a badass or not, but I do know he's right.

Phobia
02-25-2012, 07:03 PM
I could look straight into her eyes and not look down once unless she looked down herself. I can hold a gaze forever. That's why I'm the perfect male for all relationships for all women.

Eyes?

KC Tattoo
02-25-2012, 07:15 PM

This post reaks of ta ghay. (nttawwt)

BillSelfsTrophycase
02-25-2012, 07:21 PM
60 days for that?

Dude should simply say to the judge "no, thanks" (don't want to add contempt to it), serve the time and prepare the lawsuit.

FAX
02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Not me. I have great difficulty not looking at fantastical tittahs. They are like metaphysical orbs of wonder that fascinate the mind and empower the soul.

It's also true that, if you gaze at a woman's tittahs long enough, you can see the future.

FAX

Setsuna
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Eyes?
Yeah I'd steal your wife away in a second.

This post reaks of ta ghay. (nttawwt)
Bahahaha I respect you.

Posted via Mobile Device
I be. Superman

scott free
03-01-2012, 04:24 PM
60 days for that?

Dude should simply say to the judge "no, thanks" (don't want to add contempt to it), serve the time and prepare the lawsuit.