PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL NFL Combine thread***

Count Zarth
02-24-2012, 09:19 PM
K, OL and TE work out tomorrow morning on NFL Network at 9 AM EST.

KCrockaholic
02-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Not much elite talent at TE this year.

I like Orson Charles.

Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, and Michael Egnew. Other than that it's relatively weak.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Nobody cares about this or what? Cordy Glenn moves really well for a guy who weighs 345.

DeCastro was by far the smoothest in the COD position drill.

I want to like Adam Gettis, but his feet were choppy and he was keeping them close together, thinking he could hide a bit of his movement flaws. Just made him look bad.

Mike Adams is having a pretty bad combine so far.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Where's Sac or other O-line freaks? This is your chance to drafturbate openly and not be shunned.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Matt Miller ‏
@kcrockaholic #Chiefs have one starter at OT under contract, his deal expires 2013. Word is Pioli really likes Reiff, but would trade down .

milkman
02-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Where's Sac or other O-line freaks? This is your chance to drafturbate openly and not be shunned.

I really think the combines are quite a bit over valued in the draft process.

You have scouts and game film.

At the end of the day, how fast you run and how high you jump for an O-Lineman is irrelevant.

I do think the drills that highlight their feet have some value.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I really think the combines are quite a bit over valued in the draft process.

You have scouts and game film.

At the end of the day, how fast you run and how high you jump for an O-Lineman is irrelevant.

I do think the drills that highlight their feet have some value.

I agree. But it's still a football evaluation process. I figured somebody would be in here. The 10 yard splits, and the slide drills, and COD drills are all great to look at.

It's obvious by looking at the combine so far that DeCastro is the smoothest O-lineman in the 1st group anyways.

milkman
02-25-2012, 08:26 AM
I agree. But it's still a football evaluation process. I figured somebody would be in here. The 10 yard splits, and the slide drills, and COD drills are all great to look at.

It's obvious by looking at the combine so far that DeCastro is the smoothest O-lineman in the 1st group anyways.

I would hope the a guy like Adams hurts his stock enough in this that he falls into the second round.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Rishaw Johnson doesn't stand a chance. I don't even know why he got invited. And also, Ben Jones is complete shit. I'm not just saying that based on his combine, but I watched him enough at the senior bowl and enough at Georgia to know he won't be anything but a 3rd/2nd string Center.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 08:29 AM
I would hope the a guy like Adams hurts his stock enough in this that he falls into the second round.

That would be pretty awesome. At this point though he could fall to Pittsburgh at the bottom of the 1st.

Coogs
02-25-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm watching it. Not sure I am excited about DeCastro or Glenn at #11, but they do fill positions of need. And before anyone blasts me, they did say Glenn could be moving into the #15 range at RT.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 08:31 AM
On a side note, I cannot wait to see Almeda Ta'Amu on Monday. He was my favorite at the Senior bowl, along with Joe Adams the WR. Ta'Amu is a damn monster. It's a shame that he's such a good penetrator that he wont fit as well as a NT in KC.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm watching it. Not sure I am excited about DeCastro or Glenn at #11, but they do fill positions of need. And before anyone blasts me, they did say Glenn could be moving into the #15 range at RT.

I'd much rather have Reiff. DeCastro is an elite guard prospect. The most dominant G prospect in about 10 years or so. But I'd still rather have a guy who can man down the RT spot like Reiff can. I like Glenn, but even he isn't a top half 1st round guy IMO. I like him late 1st. And if we don't go Reiff, I want Martin. The other Stanford O-lineman.

Of course my statements are based on an assumption that we will go O-line anyways. I wouldn't mind Trent Richardson.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Lineman really don't need to run 40's. Just do a 10 yard split for lineman, then position drills and 3 cone.

O.city
02-25-2012, 09:37 AM
I like Reiff, but if we could come out with Richardson and Adams in the second that would be fantastic.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 09:39 AM
I like Reiff, but if we could come out with Richardson and Adams in the second that would be fantastic.

If we went with Richardson first, there should still be a couple pretty good RT prospects left in the 2nd. Bobbie Massie. Osemele. or maybe Sanders. If not we can always wait til the 3rd and go Potter, or Mitchell Schwartz.

But personally Zebrie Sanders is off my list. Not just his combine performance or anything, but I've seen enough of him, and he's not a high quality RT.

the Talking Can
02-25-2012, 09:44 AM

i give pioli credit for having a generally good sense of value (jackson being the one wtf)...i don't think he wants to take OL that high, I definitely think he would trade down all things equal

if we can trade down, then take whoever...I'm fine with a RT if we get an extra pick (I mean of course we should be drafting a QB, but [franchise retarded])

I think he would take Richardson at 11, but he'd have to think hard about it

my dream would be trade down, take tannehill, then go OL/RB in the second+ extra pick

O.city
02-25-2012, 09:47 AM
i give pioli credit for having a generally good sense of value (jackson being the one wtf)...i don't think he wants to take OL that high, I definitely think he would trade down all things equal

if we can trade down, then take whoever...I'm fine with a RT if we get an extra pick (I mean of course we should be drafting a QB, but [franchise retarded])

I think he would take Richardson at 11, but he'd have to think hard about it

my dream would be trade down, take tannehill, then go OL/RB in the second+ extra pick

I could get on board with that.

I'm thinking if we can't find a trade down partner, just take Richardson if he's there. Get Massie or whatever RT is around in round two.

I'd love to take Joe Adams in the third. I think he can be a dynamic player and do what we were told McCluster could do.

the Talking Can
02-25-2012, 09:49 AM
I could get on board with that.

I'm thinking if we can't find a trade down partner, just take Richardson if he's there. Get Massie or whatever RT is around in round two.

I'd love to take Joe Adams in the third. I think he can be a dynamic player and do what we were told McCluster could do.

i'd be cool with that, agree about Adams

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 09:51 AM

It would be crazy if Adams fell to the 3rd. He's a big time playmaker IMO. He should be gone by the top 15 of the 2nd.

O.city
02-25-2012, 09:51 AM
IMO Massie is the best pure RT prospect in the draft. He's played the spot and that's where he is projected to play in the NFL.

I think Richardson would be too much of a playmaker to turn down. He's possibly one of the top 4 or 5 players in the draft and could fall to us at 11.

O.city
02-25-2012, 09:54 AM
It would be crazy if Adams fell to the 3rd. He's a big time playmaker IMO. He should be gone by the top 15 of the 2nd.

He might. I just think his size will push him down.

He is a guy that it will all depend on what his numbers are this weekend. If he runs some nasty times, he could shoot up the board.

He would be a great deep threat and returner for sure though.

I'm of the thought that you can never have too many pass rushers and wrs. They have so many different sets and formations that guys are gonna get snaps.

Only problem with Adams is that he will probably out run Cassels arm. If it were Orton, who throws a good deep ball, Adams would be dangerous.

O.city
02-25-2012, 10:01 AM
What is Molk playing or what does he play?

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 10:03 AM
What is Molk playing or what does he play?

Center. Could possibly play guard. I like him as purely a Center though.

O.city
02-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Is he a pretty good center prospect?

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Is he a pretty good center prospect?

IMO he's the 2nd best Center prospect. He's pretty short, but that's not a problem as a Center. I'd take him in the 3rd though to be honest. No earlier.

O.city
02-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Will he be around in the third or fourth?

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Will he be around in the third or fourth?

He could be there in the 3rd. It depends on if the teams who are looking at Centers like him more or less than guys like Brewster, Blake, and Ben Jones. I can't stand Ben Jones. Some people have him as their 2nd best C. I'd put him about 5th or 6th. Brewster is pretty solid, and Blake has upside. But Molk has the nastiness, and physical toughness that I like.

O.city
02-25-2012, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't mind to have that nastiness on the line. I think Asamoah is nasty and I would like to have some more up there.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm ready for the Tight Ends.

But let me say, the more I watch Osemele, the more I like him. He moves well. He has a terrific body type, and he has a lot of room to grow IMO.

O.city
02-25-2012, 10:24 AM
I like Fleener's measurables alot. If he can stay healthy, I wouldn't mind taking him.

Although, it all depends on what Moeaki can do. If he can be healthy, I'd rather have a big bodied blocker who can catch a little.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 10:26 AM
I like Fleener's measurables alot. If he can stay healthy, I wouldn't mind taking him.

Although, it all depends on what Moeaki can do. If he can be healthy, I'd rather have a big bodied blocker who can catch a little.

Yeah Fleener is a solid all around player. I watched Stanford a lot the last 2 years. But I can't decide on if he's my #2 or #3 TE yet.

O.city
02-25-2012, 10:36 AM
I like Egnew alot. Not as a top TE, but a 4 or 5 round guy.

Direckshun
02-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Offensive line winner of the combine so far: Cordy Glenn.

6'5", 345 lbs, 36" arms, 31 reps, 4.9 40

Ladies and gentleman, we have a tackle.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 10:41 AM
I like Egnew alot. Not as a top TE, but a 4 or 5 round guy.

Yeah he has potential. We saw with Gabbert he put up terrific numbers. With Franklin they changed the offense a little bit, and for some reason refused to get Egnew involved. But he has the size, and speed to be a good pass catcher. I watched him closely at the Senior Bowl and he showed he could be an in line blocker as well.

It was impressive to be because he was never asked to do that at Missouri. His technique does need refinement, because I caught him bending at the waist far too often. He'd get his body over his legs a bit too far and "reach block", but I like him also. He's probably my 4th or 5th TE. I can't decide on Green yet.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Offensive line winner of the combine so far: Cordy Glenn.

6'5", 345 lbs, 36" arms, 31 reps, 4.9 40

Ladies and gentleman, we have a tackle.

Yep. He's a monster.

Direckshun
02-25-2012, 10:42 AM
I have to think Glenn enters the conversation as a pick by the Chiefs at #11 based off this performance.

If he doesn't work out, we could fit him at guard if we have to. He doesn't quite fit the prototype of a zone blocker, but he can play multiple positions and could be a solution at right tackle.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Athletes'Performance ‏
Don't know what Michael Egnew's 2nd broad jump effort was (farther?!), but 1st of 10'8" ties Vernon Davis for #TeamAP TE Broad Jump record!

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Damn TE's takin forever. I gotta work at 1:30 dammit.

Direckshun
02-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Potential 3-4 ends:

Chas Alecxih Pittsburgh 6-4 296
Fletcher Cox Mississippi State 6-4 298
Jack Crawford Penn State 6-5 274
Jared Crick Nebraska 6-4 279
Trevor Guyton California 6-3 285
Dom Hamilton Missouri 6-5 313
Akiem Hicks Regina 6-5 318
Markus Kuhn North Carolina State 6-5 299
Kheeston Randall Texas 6-5 293
Kendall Reyes Connecticut 6-4 299
Travian Robertson South Carolina 6-4 302
Devon Still Penn State 6-5 303
J. R. Sweezy North Carolina State 6-5 298
Billy Winn Boise State 6-4 294
Derek Wolfe Cincinnati 6-5 295

Potential noses:

Josh Chapman Alabama 6-1 316
Loni Fangupo Brigham Young 6-1 323
Dontari Poe Memphis 6-4 346
Alameda Ta'amu Washington 6-3 348

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Egnew got a 4.5 unofficial. Probably closer to 4.6. Solid time.

Direckshun
02-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Big receivers with tiny hands:

B.J. Cunningham, Michigan State (6'1, 211) 8 1/8" hands
Derek Moye, Penn State (6'4, 209) 8 1/4" hands

O.city
02-25-2012, 11:28 AM
I'll take Egnew. A two TE set of him and Moeaki is pretty cool sounding.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 11:33 AM
I'll take Egnew. A two TE set of him and Moeaki is pretty cool sounding.

Egnew is winning the TE position at this combine. Jeez. He's smooth, great hands. Big body. Tall. Just loads of potential with this guy. I'll take him as well. I hope he's there in the 3rd.

O.city
02-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Orson Charles looks to tight.

O.city
02-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Goodness, Egnew is so smooth, running.

I though we might be able to get him in the 4 or 5 but i think he's likely a 3 rounder.

Hanna from OU is slightly intriguing.

O.city
02-25-2012, 12:37 PM
So I didn't get to watch the olineman work out muhc.

Who fits our scheme the best? Who we looking at?

O.city
02-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I like Zeitler alot in later rounds.

Saccopoo
02-25-2012, 01:47 PM

I was watching the Combine.

As Milk said, the Combine is a poor place to try to evaluate offensive line talent. Most of the drills don't translate to their roles on the football field and, at least to me, it's more about their game tapes and body of work in pads on the field.

Adams is what he looked like - long, soft body with decent athleticism. He's still raw in terms of technique (not Bobbie Massie raw), and at this point, it's hard to say that he'll really improve much over what he currently is. Add to that, he's got "history" being suspended twice over his career at Ohio State. He's apparently the hot commodity on the o-line, but I don't see it. He was hot and cold at the Senior Bowl and struggled some against speed rushers during the past season. I wouldn't spend a first rounder on him.

Glenn, as I stated earlier in another thread, is a really nice player who is athletic for a guy his size. I seriously doubt he lasts past Detroit, who is going to value his size and versatility as they have numerous holes on their offensive line.

And DeCastro is a guard. Period. A really good guard prospect, but he's a phone booth operator and you can see that in the drills. Kind of a funny body. He's tall, but short in his footwork and arm extension. He's a guard.

Saccopoo
02-25-2012, 01:53 PM
If we went with Richardson first, there should still be a couple pretty good RT prospects left in the 2nd. Bobbie Massie. Osemele. or maybe Sanders. If not we can always wait til the 3rd and go Potter, or Mitchell Schwartz.

But personally Zebrie Sanders is off my list. Not just his combine performance or anything, but I've seen enough of him, and he's not a high quality RT.

Massie is raw as sushi. He looks the part, and always has, but his technique sucks. It's why he's never come off the right side of the line despite his athleticism, size and strength. (Again, go watch the BYU-Ole Miss game from this past season. You'll get to see Reynolds, Massie and potential nfl draftee Bradley Sowell, who was the Rebels starting left tackle for three seasons.)

This team doesn't have the opportunity to wait on someone to see if they develop into an NFL level right tackle, which is most likely going to happen with Massie.

O.city
02-25-2012, 01:56 PM
So would you take Massie in the third Sac?

Saccopoo
02-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Egnew is winning the TE position at this combine. Jeez. He's smooth, great hands. Big body. Tall. Just loads of potential with this guy. I'll take him as well. I hope he's there in the 3rd.

No he's not.

Drake Dunsmore absolutely tore it up. Did you see how good he was on the catch and run drill? Tucked every single ball away before letting them drop.

Best three cone time. Very good 40. Third in the broad jump I believe. Caught everything. Dropped his hips well. Dude looked really good.

Really impressive performance from the Northwestern tight end.

O.city
02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I liked Dunsmore alot. He looked really good.

I though Egnew looked a little smoother, but I don't know about Egnew putting his hand in the dirt and blocking.

Saccopoo
02-25-2012, 02:04 PM

Nope.

He's relied on his size and strength for his entire career to this point, but he has horrible technique and footwork. He's a project and he'll get torched if he's put into a starting position as a rookie.

Richardson needs to be replaced this next season. They do not have the opportunity to spend time developing some guy. While Massie has all the physical tools you want, he's going to require a shit ton of good coaching to get him up to the level of playing in the NFL. Chiefs don't have the time.

They need to get a guy who is ready to play RT right now. Massie isn't that guy.

Saccopoo
02-25-2012, 02:14 PM

I still like Reynolds in that area. He looked really smooth and consistent today. Watch him run the 40. He's got a fluid athleticism that most of those guys out there today don't and will never have. (Kalil has it as well.)

He was at the combine at 305, which is about 20/25 pounds lighter than what he played at his junior year, but he's put on a lot of muscle. Let him get back up to 325 and you've got a really nice, very experienced and athletic zone scheme right tackle.

If he's there in the third, it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. Nobody else is close in terms of technique and experience and productivity, especially in that point of the draft.

KCrockaholic
02-25-2012, 06:34 PM
No he's not.

At the time I wrote that he looked the best in the drills that had been completed. I would still take him in the 3rd.

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 06:53 AM
QB/RB/WR today!

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 07:05 AM
4.41 for RGIII

:hail:

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 07:19 AM
And now a 4.38 :hail:

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 07:30 AM
4.42 for Michael Floyd.

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Motherfucking 4.30 for Stephen Hill. 6-4, 215. :hail:

KevB
02-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Prepare yourself to fall in love:

RGIII on skates (http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/2012/2/26/2825556/robert-griffin-iii-40-yard-dash-time-nfl-combine-video/in/2563991)

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Gil Brandt timed RGIII at 4.34.

Saccopoo
02-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Holy hell.

Michael Brockers came in at 6'5" and 322 lbs.

Say hello to an all Tigers defensive front for the Chiefs.

Saccopoo
02-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Gil Brandt timed RGIII at 4.34.

Until he beats out Tebow's position leading 6.66 on the three cone drill and 4.17 on the shuttle and 38.5 on the vertical, I'm not yet impressed.

Everyone knows that it's the burst drills that are really important for a quarterback.

Saccopoo
02-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Meet your franchise nose tackle of the future:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Michael+Brockers+LSU+v+Mississippi+uAwNBlnSyNnl.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
02-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Until he beats out Tebow's position leading 6.66 on the three cone drill and 4.17 on the shuttle and 38.5 on the vertical, I'm not yet impressed.

Everyone knows that it's the burst drills that are really important for a quarterback.

Right....

The ability to pull away from DBs in the open field is not impressive.

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 09:19 AM
4.66 for Luck.

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 09:23 AM
4.59 on his 2nd.

Saccopoo
02-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Right....

The ability to pull away from DBs in the open field is not impressive.

For a wide receiver, yes, yes it is.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-26-2012, 09:30 AM
For a wide receiver, yes, yes it is.

It's not impressive for a QB to be able to pull away from defenders in the open field?

Saccopoo
02-26-2012, 10:00 AM
It's not impressive for a QB to be able to pull away from defenders in the open field?

It's more impressive if they can hit a covered receiver on a 20 yard post route with the safety coming on.

As such, I'm not overly concerned what a quarterback runs in the 40.

(Just as an fyi, I was being tad bit facetious with my response to C.E.)

Direckshun
02-26-2012, 10:19 AM
RG3 just posted a 4.3. Shit.

Foles ran a 5.1.

Direckshun
02-26-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm still waiting for the 40, but I believe RB Doug Martin out of Boise State is a second round pick. Robert Turbin out of Utah State is also going to get drafted high.

Poole benched 24. Really strong for a guy around 200 lbs. Tiny ass hands, though.

Direckshun
02-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Michael Floyd ran a 4.4. He's a first rounder.

Dwight Jones also posted a 4.4 at 6'5, 230 lbs.

Direckshun
02-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Also, Pioli will draft Iowa C Adam Gettis.

It will happen.

Direckshun
02-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Red flags popping up everywhere around Mike Adams now.

Combined with Reiff's short arms... the tackles are taking a serious hit.

No question that Adams' fall, and Martin's slide, is helping Reiff though. His work ethic is unimpeachable, and he looked really good in the drills.

Saccopoo
02-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Red flags popping up everywhere around Mike Adams now.

Combined with Reiff's short arms... the tackles are taking a serious hit.

No question that Adams' fall, and Martin's slide, is helping Reiff though. His work ethic is unimpeachable, and he looked really good in the drills.

Wow Direck...a couple of days ago you were hyping up Adams for the #11 pick and now you are putting him on a raft without a paddle and sending him into the rapids.

Direckshun
02-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow Direck...a couple of days ago you were hyping up Adams for the #11 pick and now you are putting him on a raft without a paddle and sending him into the rapids.

Nature of draft season.

If teams don't think he has it between the ears, he's going to slide.

The Combine is beginning to reveal that this is the case.

Saccopoo
02-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Kellen Moore throws a nice ball.

Setsuna
02-26-2012, 12:17 PM
LaMichael James = weak

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 12:45 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nGqscAfgMls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nGqscAfgMls

Setsuna
02-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Error on video. Gif Horse = fail.

Count Zarth
02-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Nope, working fine. Click it.

KevB
02-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Kendall Wright with an official 4.61. Wow, that's disappointing. Enough to move him out of the first round? Speed and explosiveness was thought to be the thing that set him apart.

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Vid worked fine for me.

Setsuna
02-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Either way get Chris Rainey to replace McCluster. Higher upside.

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Kendall Wright with an official 4.61. Wow, that's disappointing. Enough to move him out of the first round? Speed and explosiveness was thought to be the thing that set him apart.

Maybe he has Jerry Rice speed. Football speed. Cause watching Baylor everyone knows Wright is a deep threat.

Saccopoo
02-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Have some arms Ronnie Turbin. Yeesh, that kid is built and fast.

Setsuna
02-26-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm promoting Chris Rainey for Chiefs 2012! Either 4th or 5th round!

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 01:22 PM

Meh. Don't get your hopes up. He's not a fit in KC as the team sits right now.

O.city
02-26-2012, 01:43 PM
How has David Wilson looked today?

Setsuna
02-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Meh. Don't get your hopes up. He's not a fit in KC as the team sits right now.

I said to replace Dex. Just cut Dex.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Have some arms Ronnie Turbin. Yeesh, that kid is built and fast.

Two seasons missed to knee injuries. Could get him in the mid-late rounds.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 02:33 PM

Why on earth would the Chiefs take yet another small fast RB?

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I said to replace Dex. Just cut Dex.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that. But realistically speaking it wont happen. The Chiefs think he has value.

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Why on earth would the Chiefs take yet another small fast RB?

I'd rather have James IMO.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Marvin McNutt has silenced his critics. 4.54 40, 37inch vertical, 10inch hands.

With his size, measurables, and body of work, he'll be a player in the League. 2-3rd round.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd rather not give a fuck about one of those guys at all. Get a big RB and Charles will do the rest.

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Marvin McNutt has silenced his critics. 4.54 40, 37inch vertical, 10inch hands.

With his size, measurables, and body of work, he'll be a player in the League. 2-3rd round.

He drops too many passes for my liking. It's hard to not like his measureables though.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 02:41 PM
He drops too many passes for my liking. It's hard to not like his measureables though.

:spock:

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm just sayin, from the games of his that I watched he didn't have consistent hands. He dropped a couple in the Senior Bowl also.

O.city
02-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I like the wr from Stanford. Owuso I think is his name.

He could be had later due to injury concerns.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 02:49 PM
McNutt is known for his hands. The hands were never a question, it was his speed, and other measureables. Regarding McNutt's hands, this is from espn.com:

Who showed surest hands: Washington's Jermaine Kearse, Iowa's Marvin McNutt, Penn State's Derek Moye, Stanford's Chris Owusu, Toledo's Eric Page, Appalachian State's Brian Quick, Rutgers Mohamed Sanu and Baylor's Kendall Wright did not drop passes during the gauntlet drills or when I was watching them in other drills. The ball barely made a sound when McNutt caught it.

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Who showed surest hands: Washington's Jermaine Kearse, Iowa's Marvin McNutt, Penn State's Derek Moye, Stanford's Chris Owusu, Toledo's Eric Page, Appalachian State's Brian Quick, Rutgers Mohamed Sanu and Baylor's Kendall Wright did not drop passes during the gauntlet drills or when I was watching them in other drills. The ball barely made a sound when McNutt caught it.

It's a possibility that the Iowa games I watched were his bad ones. But seeing him drop some easy ones at the Senior Bowl didn't make me feel any better about him.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm just sayin, from the games of his that I watched he didn't have consistent hands. He dropped a couple in the Senior Bowl also.

He had a bad senior bowl week. That's about it. He was only targeted twice if I remember rightly. One a quick slant where Russel Wilson threw it high and behind him, and he still almost made a one handed grab on it. The other a deep inside slant to the goalline, and he dove for it, and could/should have made the catch, but dropped it when he hit the ground. A tough catch, but one he usually makes.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 02:54 PM
It's a possibility that the Iowa games I watched were his bad ones. But seeing him drop some easy ones at the Senior Bowl didn't make me feel any better about him.

What games did you watch besides the senior bowl? He had the best season of his career...

aturnis
02-26-2012, 02:56 PM
I'll take Owusu late..

O.city
02-26-2012, 02:57 PM
I'd take Owusu in the fourth or fifth, if he lasts that long.

He just ran a 4.4 flat.

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 02:58 PM
What games did you watch besides the senior bowl? He had the best season of his career...

I watched Indiana and Michigan State. He put up some great numbers in those games, but I remember a total of 4 drops in those 2 games.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I watched Indiana and Michigan State. He put up some great numbers in those games, but I remember a total of 4 drops in those 2 games.

Don't remember specifics from those games. He did have a few wtf drops this year, but not many. With a turn like Vandenberg throwing him the ball, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

O.city
02-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Where is Mcnutt slated to be picked? 2nd or 3rd round?

aturnis
02-26-2012, 03:10 PM
I'd take Owusu in the fourth or fifth, if he lasts that long.

He just ran a 4.4 flat.

I thought 4.36 was his official time?

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Don't remember specifics from those games. He did have a few wtf drops this year, but not many. With a turn like Vandenberg throwing him the ball, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

Like I said though, his measurable's are solid, so he's intriguing. Somebody probably should take him between 2-3.

As for sleeper WR's I like Brian Quick from App state.

O.city
02-26-2012, 03:12 PM
I thought 4.36 was his official time?

Damn I seen a 4.41 didn't see 4.36.

He's a big body too, if I am remembering correctly. Interesting.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Where is Mcnutt slated to be picked? 2nd or 3rd round?

Yup. He was a 3-4th round guy, but has recently been mocked by WalterFootball in the 2nd, and that is before his performance today.

I'd say he solidified 2-3.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Damn I seen a 4.41 didn't see 4.36.

He's a big body too, if I am remembering correctly. Interesting.

His unofficial was 4.31, so I assume he was 4.36...

O.city
02-26-2012, 03:15 PM
4.31 is pretty solid.

Hes an interesting prospect. He had some concussion problems at Stanford though.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I like Devon Wylies speed. Haven't seen him play though. Wonder if he can catch.

O.city
02-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Joe Adams only ran a 4.55. Thats alot slower than I expected.

O.city
02-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Owusu has little hands and is on the short side.

He could be a good slot guy I guess.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Owusu has little hands and is on the short side.

He could be a good slot guy I guess.

Smells like cabbage too..

O.city
02-26-2012, 03:26 PM
I didn't realize McNutt was that big.

He's definitely going earlier than the third.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 03:40 PM
I didn't realize McNutt was that big.

He's definitely going earlier than the third.

He's basically Dwayne Bowe.

Nearly the same size
Great hands
Great run after the catch ability
Pretty close in speed
Maybe a better vert.

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 03:47 PM
He's basically Dwayne Bowe.

Nearly the same size
Great hands
Great run after the catch ability
Pretty close in speed
Maybe a better vert.

He sounds more like Sidney Rice than Dwayne Bowe.

aturnis
02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
He sounds more like Sidney Rice than Dwayne Bowe.

How is that not exactly what Bowe is as a receiver?

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 04:02 PM
How is that not exactly what Bowe is as a receiver?

Bowe is 6'2. He's more physical than McNutt. The comparison just isn't a good one. You have to look deeper than a player you know really well when making a fair comparison. You only said Bowe because he's a player you know well.

I've seen some Roy Williams comparisons. I've seen Brad Smith. To me he's similar to Sidney Rice.

SPATCH
02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I want to know more about Robert Turbin (RB, Utah State)... dude was throwing some silly ass weight around and he ran a 4.50 in the 40. Large, kinda bow-legged... looks tough to tackle but I've never seen him play.

I'd like to draft a bigger RB to combine with Charles..

What are people saying about him?

KCrockaholic
02-26-2012, 05:34 PM
I want to know more about Robert Turbin (RB, Utah State)... dude was throwing some silly ass weight around and he ran a 4.50 in the 40. Large, kinda bow-legged... looks tough to tackle but I've never seen him play.

I'd like to draft a bigger RB to combine with Charles..

What are people saying about him?

Bad injury history. He looks like Thomas Jones to me with those damn arms.

Small school guy obviously. He's a patient runner, but seems to have great leg explosion to put his foot in the ground and cut up field.

Not a ton of obvious negatives on him besides his injury history and small school

Tribal Warfare
02-26-2012, 06:22 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/242220/haley_1.jpg

if you missed it

ChiefRocka
02-26-2012, 07:01 PM
How has David Wilson looked today?

He looked like a late 1st round selection. Definitely helped his stock today by a lot and then some.

Urc Burry
02-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm interested to see who goes first between L Miller and David Wilson

O.city
02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
If we don't get Richardson, I'd like to have L. MIller or Wilson in the second.

philfree
02-26-2012, 08:23 PM
If we don't get Richardson, I'd like to have L. MIller or Wilson in the second.

Doug Martin would be my choice. He does it all.

O.city
02-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I like Martin alot.

I just like Wilson a little better.

Setsuna
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Like I said though, his measurable's are solid, so he's intriguing. Somebody probably should take him between 2-3.

As for sleeper WR's I like Brian Quick from App state.

I don't know how many times I said this but Quick will be Jags first round pick, so forget it douche.

Direckshun
02-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Poe put up 44 reps.

First rounder.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2012, 02:30 AM
Poe put up 44 reps.

First rounder.

maybe KC's

Saccopoo
02-27-2012, 08:16 AM
maybe KC's

I hope not.

Somebody that big and strong and athletic should have absolutely destroyed the Conf-USA. He didn't. He disappeared for a number of games apparently.

I don't get it, and I really hope that they don't spend a first on a two down, gap plugger, because that's what the nose is in Crennel's defense.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2012, 08:18 AM
I hope not.

Somebody that big and strong and athletic should have absolutely destroyed the Conf-USA. He didn't. He disappeared for a number of games apparently.You don't understand how terrible the team around him was. There's talent on the D-Line but everywhere else was a trainwreck, and coaching was godawful across the board.

Poe was an incredible player whose presence was more or less wasted by the dumpster fire the program was from 09-11. He played under two fired head coaches in three years. That's not to suggest he isn't raw (if anything, it explains why he would be), and I'm not vociferously championing him for the #11 spot despite my homerdom, but he excelled in the face of a difficult situation.

KCrockaholic
02-27-2012, 08:32 AM
I don't understand the Poe love either. He's got tremendous size and he's athletic for a big guy, but from what I've seen he plays with a high pad level and gets turned around far too often. The O-line gets underneath him and is able to turn him out and open running lanes. He's an "ok" pass rusher.

He didn't do anything that special. This 1st round grade stuff on him is baffling. I wouldn't touch him until round 2 at earliest and that's just because he's a project and he DOES have a ton of upside. I wish I could have seen more of him play during the season, but he's not that impressive from what I've seen.

Saccopoo
02-27-2012, 09:01 AM
You don't understand how terrible the team around him was. There's talent on the D-Line but everywhere else was a trainwreck, and coaching was godawful across the board.

Poe was an incredible player whose presence was more or less wasted by the dumpster fire the program was from 09-11. He played under two fired head coaches in three years. That's not to suggest he isn't raw (if anything, it explains why he would be), and I'm not vociferously championing him for the #11 spot despite my homerdom, but he excelled in the face of a difficult situation.

I don't know Peanut...

If there is one place that a guy can make a difference beyond horrible coaching, it's the defensive line. You line up and just knock the piss out of someone and either you win or they win. I'm sure he saw a lot of double teams and stunts and the like, but he wasn't playing in the Big 12 or SEC going against future NFL offensive linemen.

There comes a point where a 6'5", 350 lbs. guy who benches 44 reps at 225 should just be kicking ass on people irregardless of the coaching or lack thereof. Sometimes it comes down to the fact that you either have it or you do not.

Memphis was a 2-10 team this past season and got worked over on the ground.

Dana Stubblefield, while at KU, absolutely destroyed opposing teams from the defensive tackle position. Took over games almost singlehandedly when KU's offense was almost entirely the kicker, Dan Eichloff. Derek Wolfe, from Cincinnatti this season, was killing people all season from the defensive tackle position and racked up 9.5 sacks and 21.5 tackles for loss.

It can be done. Poe hasn't, despite playing in a 4-3 at his immense size and strength. Eight tackles for a loss and one sack in 2011.

I just don't get it.

DaKCMan AP
02-27-2012, 09:21 AM
NFL combine quarterbacks show talent beyond Andrew Luck

The 2012 NFL draft features three quarterbacks with first-round grades, and a couple more who could work their way into being first day selections

By Omar Kelly, Sun Sentinel
8:39 p.m. EST, February 25, 2012

INDIANAPOLIS Andrew Luck had been in town for a couple of days participating in the NFL Combine, so he was asked if he'd taken any time to look at real estate in Indianapolis.

After all, it is presumed the Colts will select the Stanford quarterback with the No. 1 pick in April's NFL draft.

"It's a little premature to do that," said Luck, who many draft expects believe is the best quarterback prospect since Peyton Manning, the quarterback he's expected to replace. "It's flattering but it is just an opinion."

The same can be said about the varying opinions on which of the 2012 quarterbacks will have the best NFL career.

About 600 coaches, scouts and executives will evaluate many of the NFL's future arms today, as they throw to the receivers and tailbacks during the on-field work at the combine. Much like ice cream flavors, many talent evaluators like different quarterbacks.

"If it were up to me, RGIII would be my guy. He's a dynamic talent," one AFC quarterback coach said about Robert Griffin III, the Heisman Trophy winner. "Did you see what Cam Newton did last year?"

Newton's success with the Panthers, which made him the No. 1 pick in 2011, is clearly benefiting Griffin because of the comparisons.

"Cam is a bigger guy," said Griffin, who is three inches shorter and 25 pounds lighter. "He's a little more shifty than I am. I'm faster. His confidence is off the charts. I try to keep my confidence on the charts."

Griffin likely will be taken No. 2 overall because the St. Louis Rams are brokering the pick to the highest bidder among the quarterback-starved teams, of which the Miami Dolphins are one.

Despite dominating college football last season, Griffin, who passed for 3,998 yards and 36 touchdowns and rushed for 644 yards and another nine scores, knows there are some concerns about his spread offense background, and propensity to run.

"There is just a misconception that comes with being a dual-threat quarterback," Griffin said. "You run first, throw second. But the one thing I have proven is that I throw first and run if I need to."

Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill, who threw 29 touchdowns and 15 interceptions last season, is considered the draft's third-best quarterback, and many project he'll be selected in the first round.

The Dolphins should know more about Tannehill than any other team because new Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman coached A&M last season.

"Miami would be exciting because of the familiarity with coach Sherman and some of the staff hired down there," Tannehill said. "It would be nice. Coach Sherman runs a West Coast offense as well as moving the pocket, and that's a couple things I do well: throw on the run, bootlegs, whatever it may be to get outside the pocket and make throws downfield."

Some of the other quarterbacks worth monitoring are Arizona State's Brock Osweiler, Michigan State's Kirk Cousin and Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden, who are expected to be taken between rounds two and four.

Weeden has an elite arm, but the fact he's 28 because of the five years he spent playing minor-league baseball as a pitcher, will push him out of the first round.

When asked about the age concerns, Weeden said, "It used to get under my skin," but he's come to terms with it.

"I wish I could pull a Danny Almonte," he said, referring to the former Little League baseball player who was older than he claimed. "That's really the only knock on me is my age. I have fun with it I can't change it. I can change a lot of things, my footwork, throwing motion, release, this and this and this. I can't change my birth certificate."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-nfl-combine-0226-20120225,0,527657.story

suds79
02-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Honestly how many of us watched Memphis play last year with the intent of focusing on Poe in mind? I'm going to say not that many.

So basically we have only the scouting reports to go on.

With Gregg likely gone, I assume we'll sign a FA NT. Still, it gets old having this position always being an issue.

If the Chiefs traded down and felt this guy could play? I'm all in. You can't coach that type of size & strength. If they decide to try to later get Ta'amu from Washington instead? Fine.

For being as key as it is to the 3-4, I'd simply like them to settle the NT position once and for all.

DaKCMan AP
02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Honestly how many of us watched Memphis play last year with the intent of focusing on Poe in mind? I'm going to say not that many.

With Gregg likely gone, I assume we'll sign a FA NT. Still, it gets old having this position always being an issue.

If the Chiefs traded down and felt this guy could play? I'm all in. You can't coach that type of size & strength. If they decide to try to later get Ta'amu from Washington instead? Fine.

For being as key as it is to the 3-4, I'd simply like them to settle the NT position once and for all.

Sign Paul Soliai. Problem solved for the next 3-5 years, minimum.

suds79
02-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Sign Paul Soliai. Problem solved for the next 3-5 years, minimum.

I like that idea. Have Soliai your starter. Bring in a guy like Poe or Ta'Amu for the rotation. Great part is that those roookies wouldn't have to step in right away and be the man. We've seen that DL men take time to develop.

FYI - Poe just ran a 4.8 something in the 40 (didn't see what his 10 yard split was in that). That's impressive athleticism for such a huge man.

Saccopoo
02-27-2012, 09:44 AM

You better hope that they develop Powe in a hurry then. There isn't much else out there on the horizon in terms of potential draft picks this year or the next.

Personally, I like Jerrell Powe a lot. I think with a full off-season and dedicated coaching, he's going to be a nice nose for the Chiefs. People have to remember that there was no off-season last year, no time to work with the rookies. And NFL offensive lines are really freaking good, even when they are bad. The pulls and traps and chips, etc. are on a completely different level. It's why the Gregg signing was key this past season. I hope Gregg sticks around another year and helps Powe with his technique and understanding of a 3-4 nose. He's got all the tools, size and he was a hard worker at the college level.

I think we are going to be okay at the nose tackle position...or, at the very least, I think we are better off than a lot of people around here think.

suds79
02-27-2012, 09:47 AM
I had hopes for Powe. I thought at times he showed he's really strong. But then he was inactive for so many games last year. I really don't know where he's at.

DaKCMan AP
02-27-2012, 10:12 AM
I like that idea. Have Soliai your starter. Bring in a guy like Poe or Ta'Amu for the rotation. Great part is that those roookies wouldn't have to step in right away and be the man. We've seen that DL men take time to develop.

FYI - Poe just ran a 4.8 something in the 40 (didn't see what his 10 yard split was in that). That's impressive athleticism for such a huge man.

I wouldn't mind Ta'Amu in the 2nd round. However, if we signed Soliai I think we're fine. I really liked Powe out of Ole Miss and with a full season, plus an actual off-season and training camp (which he didn't get last year) he should be able to contribute to the rotation.

philfree
02-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Poe can play as a monster on the end of the line. IMO even if it's not a pure NT we need a dominate player on the front line. A dominate player will open up our D to make plays. Heck teams are in sub packages so much that a 3 down player like Poe would be a huge asset. No pun intended.

Jackson, Powe, Poe

I thik Dorsey is gone after next year so we should be looking ahead as well as at our immediate needs.

My mind isn't set in stone but I wouldn't have a problem with drafting Poe in the 1st. I could be wrong but I bet he's no less then a top 20 pick when it's all said and done.

Saccopoo
02-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Where's all my "Let's draft Burfict! He was awesome on YouTube!" guys? I think that they were the same ones who said Kuechly wasn't athletic, but Burfict was...

Saccopoo
02-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Poe can play as a monster on the end of the line. IMO even if it's not a pure NT we need a dominate player on the front line.

Dominant (not dominate, btw) being the key word.

Poe was only second team All-Conf USA, had only eight tackles for loss and one sack while playing in a 43 front.

But yet he runs a sub 5.00 40 and benches 44 reps at the combine.

It isn't adding up.

Either you are a football player or you are a big guy playing football. To this point, he's been the latter.

I see a whole lot more Junior Siavii than I do Haloti Ngata.

KevB
02-27-2012, 12:42 PM
I haven't watched him enough to make an educated statement. However, a guy that size benching 44 times and running a 4.87? Holy hell. Watching that guy run....he was as smooth as can be. Impressive physically, no doubt.

Additional notes and comments on Poe (http://bruce-feldman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/31626208)

jd1020
02-27-2012, 12:59 PM

Poe was only second team All-Conf USA, had only eight tackles for loss and one sack while playing in a 43 front.

It isn't adding up.

Either you are a football player or you are a big guy playing football. To this point, he's been the latter.

If only he was a first-team All-WAC, right?

philfree
02-27-2012, 01:27 PM

It isn't adding up.

Yeah I know how to spell it but thanks none the less.

The guys like Mayock, Kiper and McShay seem to have the guy moving up in the draft but with that said i'll defer to the guys who scout these players for NFL teams so in the end he might not be a player we want. He's pretty intriguing though. Some team will draft him in the 1st round though and IMO probably top 20.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
If only he was a first-team All-WAC, right?

Or a mormon.

KCrockaholic
02-27-2012, 02:55 PM
If I had 1 guy I could take to play Nose in our defense its Alameda Ta'amu. That guy is a football player. He makes plays and he demands a double team every play. He's gonna be a stud. I don't trust Poe. I don't see it with him. His technique is horrid.

Pestilence
02-27-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't really see Pioli taking Poe in the 1st round. Pioli always preaches about how he watches a player's body of work. He doesn't get sold on a player just because he blew up at the combine.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2012, 03:58 PM
If I had 1 guy I could take to play Nose in our defense its Alameda Ta'amu. That guy is a football player. He makes plays and he demands a double team every play. He's gonna be a stud. I don't trust Poe. I don't see it with him. His technique is horrid.

he got his ass kicked in the last Bowl game he played against Baylor.

O.city
02-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Yep, Baylor destroyed Ta'amu.

IMO, the NT is Soliai or bust. Again, just for me.

Bewbies
02-27-2012, 05:03 PM
he got his ass kicked in the last Bowl game he played against Baylor.

Remember the time KC kicked Ray Lewis ass? Remember the clips of him talking about how what KC was doing to him was not possible? Remember how whiny he came across? He obviously sucks.

You should never judge a player on one game...

Bewbies
02-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Yep, Baylor destroyed Ta'amu.

IMO, the NT is Soliai or bust. Again, just for me.

We need to draft one somewhere. Even if it's a guy that can play all 3 spots on the line, we need to add somebody.

Nightfyre
02-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't understand the Poe love either. He's got tremendous size and he's athletic for a big guy, but from what I've seen he plays with a high pad level and gets turned around far too often. The O-line gets underneath him and is able to turn him out and open running lanes. He's an "ok" pass rusher.

He didn't do anything that special. This 1st round grade stuff on him is baffling. I wouldn't touch him until round 2 at earliest and that's just because he's a project and he DOES have a ton of upside. I wish I could have seen more of him play during the season, but he's not that impressive from what I've seen.

In other words, he's a high upside guy that needs coaching that he probably didn't have available at Memphis?