PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Chiefs plan to have competition for quarterback Cassel

Tribal Warfare
02-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Chiefs plan to have competition for quarterback Cassel (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/23/3448181/chiefs-plan-to-have-competition.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Of the players who served as a backup quarterback for the Chiefs the last three seasons, none could be considered a serious candidate to take Matt Cassel’s starting job.

General manager Scott Pioli said he couldn’t promise the Chiefs would find a more significant challenge for Cassel this year. But he indicated that if the Chiefs failed, it wouldn’t be for a lack of trying.

Just as it wasn’t, Pioli said, the last three seasons.

“The answer is yes, there’s going to be competition at quarterback,” Pioli said Thursday at the NFL scouting combine. “But that doesn’t make it different from any other year. That’s not different from the past.

“I don’t think we haven’t tried (to bring in competition for Cassel). Part of it was circumstances. When we traded for Matt, he was coming to a program that had two starting quarterbacks here already. It’s easy to sit here now and say, ‘You can’t say player X wasn’t competition.’ That’s not fair. Look at it in the snapshot of that place and time. It certainly appeared there was going to be competition.”

Tyler Thigpen and Brodie Croyle were the Chiefs’ quarterbacks when they traded for Cassel three years ago. Neither has been a productive player since leaving the Chiefs.

Matt Gutierrez, Tyler Palko, Ricky Stanzi and Kyle Orton have been quarterbacks who have come, and in some cases gone, since.

Stanzi, who was drafted last year, is the only Chiefs quarterback other than Cassel under contract for next season. Orton played in four games for the Chiefs last season after Cassel injured his hand and was lost for the year.

“Last year, free-agency never started (until training camp),” Pioli said. “We had Matt on the roster. We had Tyler on the roster. We had Ricky, who we drafted. We didn’t draft someone high who was perceived as competition, but I’ll say this: I think Ricky is competition. Let’s not get lost in where a guy was drafted as to whether or not he’s a player. This league has shown time and time again at many positions, including this particular position, that where a player is drafted doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with how good he is or how good he becomes.

“You just don’t wave a wand and magically say, ‘There’s competition.’ We drafted a quarterback last year who I truly believe has good ability and has the potential to start in this league. I really do believe that.”

With only Cassel and Stanzi signed for 2012, the Chiefs will add at least one quarterback and probably two before training camp starts in July. Veteran possibilities include Peyton Manning, if he’s released by Indianapolis.

Two other free-agent possibilities are Chad Henne, who played for Miami last year with new Chiefs offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, and Jason Campbell, who played two seasons for Washington under Jim Zorn, now the Chiefs’ quarterbacks coach.

“You don’t know what’s going to happen in free-agency and you don’t know what you’re going to be able to get done,” Pioli said. “Quarterback seems to be one of those positions where there’s pretty good ones, veteran guys who are cut and have outpriced their role.

“So you don’t know about quarterbacks (in free-agency). You can’t create a person out of nothing. Availability and circumstances are (key factors in acquiring a quarterback). You can only work with the pool of players you can work with even though you might have certain intentions.”

The draft is another option for the Chiefs to add a quarterback.

“My hope and strong desire is to draft a quarterback every single year,” Pioli said. “There’s great value in that. Last year I didn’t know if we were going to draft (a quarterback) in the first, second, third, fourth, fifth round, but we ended up drafting a guy who a number of us really like and really think can be a starter in the National Football League.”

One of Pioli’s first moves after joining the Chiefs three years ago was to trade for Cassel, who was coming off a strong season as a starter for New England. Cassel had a big season for the Chiefs in 2010, when he made the Pro Bowl.

Otherwise, he has struggled to fulfill Pioli’s vision for him. Last year, the Chiefs struggled at the start after losing running back Jamaal Charles and tight end Tony Moeaki for the season with injuries.

Cassel’s season ended after nine games because of the broken hand.

“In 2010, Matt was certainly on his way to becoming that player, on his way to becoming a good NFL quarterback,” Pioli said. “He was winning games and he was producing and he was a reason good things were happening.

“This past year was a tough set of circumstances to measure and evaluate his progress. I don’t ever want to make excuses for a team or a player, but playing without one of the best young running backs in the National Football League and playing without one of the

DJ's left nut
02-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Lord do I hope it's all a smoke-screen.

If taken at face value, he couldn't have been more infuriating in that article.

Tribal Warfare
02-25-2012, 01:10 AM
I think Ricky is competition. Let’s not get lost in where a guy was drafted as to whether or not he’s a player. This league has shown time and time again at many positions, including this particular position, that where a player is drafted doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with how good he is or how good he becomes.

I found this interesting

DJ's left nut
02-25-2012, 01:14 AM
I found this interesting

Except that he also claimed that Thigpen was competition, as was Tyler Palko.

When he says "we'll have competition for Matt this year" and then says "just like the last 3 years", I really want to stab him in the goddamn face. Especially when he just starts flipping out excuses as to why he couldn't have done better than Tyler !@#$ing Palko.

Like I said - if taken at face value, he really couldn't have said anything worse.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 01:15 AM
I'm of the opinion that a healthy Peyton Manning could provide competition at the QB position.

Epic Fail 007
02-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Carl peterson is sittin back laughing at all this.Even Carl knew when Grbac was shit. Took awhile a long while but it happened.

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 01:22 AM
"It certainly appeared there was going to be competition.”

Scott Pioli is a fat piece of shit and a fucking liar.

He is lying out his fucking ass.

The minute he gave up that pick for Cassel, there was no competition for the starting position. Cassel was the unquestioned starter. Brokie was a joke and Thigpen was on his way out the door in a trade.

How dumb do you think your fanbase is, Scott Pioli?

Well, guess what you fat piece of overpaid franchise-killing shit: some of us see through your lies and bullshit, and we are telling you to go and fuck yourself. Literally rip your dick off and shove it up your fat New England ass you piece of shit. We don't want your dumb ass here because you are incompetent, and now we wish suffering upon you because you are a fucking lying piece of shit.

go bowe
02-25-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm of the opinion that a healthy Peyton Manning could provide competition at the QB position.

shit, a healthy cadaver could provide competition for castle... :bandhead:

beach tribe
02-25-2012, 01:27 AM
Scott Pioli is a fat piece of shit and a ****ing liar.

He is lying out his ****ing ass.

The minute he gave up that pick for Cassel, there was no competition for the starting position. Cassel was the unquestioned starter. Brokie was a joke and Thigpen was on his way out the door in a trade.

Well, guess what you fat piece of overpaid franchise-killing shit: some of us see through your lies and bullshit, and we are telling you to go and **** yourself. Literally rip your dick off and shove it up your fat New England ass you piece of shit. We don't want your dumb ass here because you are incompetent, and now we wish suffering upon you because you are a ****ing lying piece of shit.
Your flip this year is going to be your most epic one yet.

Fruit Ninja
02-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Your flip this year is going to be your most epic one yet.

lol, its quite possible! Its good internet! My popcorn is always ready.

Anyways, no one believes a fucking word Pioli says. His welcome is just about worn out.

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 01:32 AM
"playing without one of the best young running backs in the National Football League and playing without one of the best young tight ends in the National Football League makes it pretty tough.”

HEY FAT FUCK:

Kyle Orton had NO running game and NO tight end in Denver and he at least looked like a competent NFL quarterback who could move the ball through the air with some degree of effiency.

A couple of injuries and your boy Cassel FUCKING DIES and TURNS TO SHIT.

NO ONE BUYS YOUR BULLSHIT PIOLI. WE SEE THROUGH YOU.

EAT SHIT, FAT BOY.

Tribal Warfare
02-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Another reason KC needs competition, because when and if Cassel gets injured they'll need a good backup.( IMO he's starting to become injury prone too)

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 01:35 AM
lol, its quite possible! Its good internet! My popcorn is always ready.

Anyways, no one believes a fucking word Pioli says. His welcome is just about worn out.

This is the LAST FUCKING STRAW.

The fact that he would try to pawn this bullshit off on us now through the media is absolutely insulting.

Fucking piece of lying, greasy, weasel shit.

SNR
02-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Your flip this year is going to be your most epic one yet.If he flips, it will be because the Chiefs fell ass over tea kettle into a good QB, whether that's Stanzi, Orton, a later draft pick, or a free agent. It sure as fuck ain't coming from Cassel.

Chiefs=Good
02-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Talking can's head will implode

SNR
02-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Talking can's head will implodeTalking can's rants are the only bright spot in this Patriot Way bullshit era we're going through.

beach tribe
02-25-2012, 01:40 AM
If he flips, it will be because the Chiefs fell ass over tea kettle into a good QB, whether that's Stanzi, Orton, a later draft pick, or a free agent. It sure as **** ain't coming from Cassel.

No it's not. The fact that Pioli considers those other QBs as competition tells me that he doesn't think as much of Cassel as most here believe he does.

Oh, and "IF" he flips? That's funny right there.

beach tribe
02-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Talking can's rants are the only bright spot in this Patriot Way bullshit era we're going through.

"Pioli sucks".

Rinse and repeat.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-25-2012, 01:41 AM
I'm tired of Pioli. His continued belief in Cassel makes me believe even more that Belichick was the brains behind the Patriots success. Mostly Brady but you know.

Chiefs=Good
02-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Talking can's rants are the only bright spot in this Patriot Way bullshit era we're going through.

I agree. Hopefully this inspires another. Lets watch!

beach tribe
02-25-2012, 01:43 AM
HEY FAT ****:

Kyle Orton had NO running game and NO tight end in Denver and he at least looked like a competent NFL quarterback who could move the ball through the air with some degree of effiency.

A couple of injuries and your boy Cassel ****ING DIES and TURNS TO SHIT.

EAT SHIT, FAT BOY.

The smart thing for him to do, would be to come out, and say that Cassel is a worthless POS. God I wish you were our head of PR.

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 01:45 AM
No, he could actually man up and say we haven't had legit competition here before.

HE COULD TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH.

Scott Pioli is going to burn in hell, because he is a fucking liar.

Guru
02-25-2012, 01:52 AM
yawn

CoMoChief
02-25-2012, 01:57 AM
For God's sake I hope he really doesn't consider Thigpen, Croyle, Palko, Guiterrez, and Stanzi as "real" competition, especially considering what Cassel makes compared to all of them combined. If I'm supposed to believe for one fucking second that Pioli really wants competition at the QB position, then sign Kyle Orton or make a play for Peyton Manning (assuming he's healthy).

BossChief
02-25-2012, 02:55 AM
It is absolutely infuriating that this guy thinks he can lie right to our face and that we will just gladly continue to buy his bullshit.

If he doesn't move on from Cassel WHEN he is CLEARLY BEATEN in training camp and preseason AGAIN, I will be done saying anything good about him.

There are three REAL signings that will show me he is speaking the truth about this "qb competition"

1) sign Peyton Manning
2) sign Kyle Orton
3) send a late rounder to Miami for Matt Moore

Other than that, there are only two moves during the draft that will be sufficient.

Move up for RG3
Draft Ryan Tannehill (I'm not in love, but it would be a solid gesture)

Anything else and Scott Pioli can go fuck himself in the ass with a muffin pan for all I care because it doesn't matter how good a roster the guy builds if he is gay secks in love with that pussy Matt Cassel that is literally scared of defenses hitting him.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 03:02 AM
It is absolutely infuriating that this guy thinks he can lie right to our face and that we will just gladly continue to buy his bullshit.

If he doesn't move on from Cassel WHEN he is CLEARLY BEATEN in training camp and preseason AGAIN, I will be done saying anything good about him.

There are three REAL signings that will show me he is speaking the truth about this "qb competition"

1) sign Peyton Manning
2) sign Kyle Orton
3) send a late rounder to Miami for Matt Moore

Other than that, there are only two moves during the draft that will be sufficient.

Move up for RG3
Draft Ryan Tannehill (I'm not in love, but it would be a solid gesture)

Anything else and Scott Pioli can go **** himself in the ass with a muffin pan for all I care because it doesn't matter how good a roster the guy builds if he is gay secks in love with that pussy Matt Cassel that is literally scared of defenses hitting him.

All of this is pretty much why the Chiefs have become 15th on my list of favorite 3 sports teams over the years. I'll believe they're actually going to try when they actually try. In the meantime I like baseball and college basketball better anyway.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm an honest, hard working guy and there are four things I can't stand.

Thieves

Liars

People that insult my intelligence

Disrespect

Pioli pretty much ran the table on those in this article.

Also, fuck the bullshit Kansas city star with that same muffin pan.

This whole article and they decide to leave out the quote that Pioli straight up says Cassel is the starter and everyone knows it.

I'm getting dangerous close to saying fuck this team because we have no chance at winning a championship with Matt Bledsoe and no matter how much Scott wants to lie about it, he has no intentions of bringing in legit competition.

Go read the quote that he talks about Orton and how Kyle wants to look around for a place he can start.

That's all you need to know, guys.

It really is.

Kyle fucking Orton doesn't want to sign here because he KNOWS he can't start here.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 03:07 AM
This whole article and they decide to leave out the quote that Pioli straight up says Cassel is the starter and everyone knows it.

I'm getting dangerous close to saying **** this team because we have no chance at winning a championship with Matt Bledsoe and no matter how much Scott wants to lie about it, he has no intentions of bringing in legit competition.

Don't fret BC the real season is just around the corner.

:)

Fritz88
02-25-2012, 03:11 AM
If these is one position that is dictated by where a player is drafted, it would be the QB position.

Pioli still believes he can pull another Brady.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm an honest, hard working guy and there are four things I can't stand.

Thieves

Liars

People that insult my intelligence

Disrespect

Pioli pretty much ran the table on those in this article.

Also, fuck the bullshit Kansas city star with that same muffin pan.

I'm getting dangerous close to saying fuck this team because we have no chance at winning a championship with Matt Bledsoe and no matter how much Scott wants to lie about it, he has no intentions of bringing in legit competition.

Go read the quote that he talks about Orton and how Kyle wants to look around for a place he can start.

That's all you need to know, guys.

It really is.

Kyle fucking Orton doesn't want to sign here because he KNOWS he can't start here.

:clap:

BossChief
02-25-2012, 03:29 AM
Chiefs: "guys, we are gonna interview some playoff coaches for the OC position, that what the holdup is on hiring an OC"

Truth: we never interviewed a single playoff coach and after we hired Daboll, Romeo straight up said we were just waiting for Dabolls contract to end so we could hire him.

Just more bullshit lies they tell us because they think we are fucking stupid and don't deserve the truth.

When things like this are coming from me, EVERYONE should feel this way.

I usually try to always see the bright side of things, but I can't look past certain things.

When that bitch punk gets fired, he can look back at those things (that ALL stem from Matt Fucking Cassel) as the exact reasons why.

CLARK, you need to make an executive decision here and step in and interfere with this quarterback situation before it goes any further, if you have a pair.

Chocolate Hog
02-25-2012, 03:31 AM
So does this mean Peyton Manning?

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 03:35 AM
Chiefs: "guys, we are gonna interview some playoff coaches for the OC position, that what the holdup is on hiring an OC"

Truth: we never interviewed a single playoff coach and after we hired Daboll, Romeo straight up said we were just waiting for Dabolls contract to end so we could hire him.

Just more bullshit lies they tell us because they think we are ****ing stupid and don't deserve the truth.

When things like this are coming from me, EVERYONE should feel this way.

I usually try to always see the bright side of things, but I can't look past certain things.

When that bitch punk gets fired, he can look back at those things (that ALL stem from Matt ****ing Cassel) as the exact reasons why.

CLARK, you need to make an executive decision here and step in and interfere with this quarterback situation before it goes any further, if you have a pair.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news man but the Chiefs aren't likely to be really good.... well... ever. Not until the current regime is long gone and a competent one has been in place for a while at least... and since this is KC I expect that all to happen some years after I'm dead. (I'm 42 and healthy.)

BossChief
02-25-2012, 03:35 AM
So does this mean Peyton Manning?

That's the executive decision I was referring to.

Ask OCity, I mentioned it during a game during the year.

After one of Cassels shit fests, I said Clark should walk into Scotts office and simply say "get my team a quarterback" and that's it....just say that, close the door and leave.

If he doesn't seem to be doing enough to fill that request, he needs to step in if he wants to fill the stands and give this team a fucking chance at doing what these liars told us they were gonna do.

Compete for championships, not try to salvage Matt Fucking Cassel at all costs.

God damn these fuckers have me mad today.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 03:40 AM
That's the executive decision I was referring to.

Ask OCity, I mentioned it during a game during the year.

After one of Cassels shit fests, I said Clark should walk into Scotts office and simply say "get my team a quarterback" and that's it....just say that, close the door and leave.

If he doesn't seem to be doing enough to fill that request, he needs to step in if he wants to fill the stands and give this team a ****ing chance at doing what these liars told us they were gonna do.

Compete for championships, not try to salvage Matt ****ing Cassel at all costs.

God damn these ****ers have me mad today.

I feel ya bro. Sadly my passion disappeared long ago.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 03:42 AM
I wish I could have a 20 minute interview with Pioli.

No holds barred.

I'd knock it out of the park.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 03:44 AM

No holds barred.

He's a politician. He wouldn't answer any real questions.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 04:02 AM
He's a politician. He wouldn't answer any real questions.

Then I would make him look like a fool by painting him into a corner.

Either answer the question or live with the fact that we know exactly why you won't answer them.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2012, 04:10 AM
Then I would make him look like a fool by painting him into a corner.

Either answer the question or live with the fact that we know exactly why you won't answer them.

More power to you.

the Talking Can
02-25-2012, 04:14 AM
“The answer is yes, there’s going to be competition at quarterback,” Pioli said Thursday at the NFL scouting combine. “But that doesn’t make it different from any other year. That’s not different from the past.

“I don’t think we haven’t tried (to bring in competition for Cassel).

he must really think Chiefs fans are stupid to say something so ridiculous with a straight face...and he's probably right

and it confirms - again - that when he says 'competition' he doesn't actually mean competition...he just means 'you all are suckers'

WhiteWhale
02-25-2012, 04:19 AM
he must really think Chiefs fans are stupid to say something so ridiculous with a straight face...and he's probably right

and it confirms - again - that when he says 'competition' he doesn't actually mean competition...he just means 'you all are suckers'

That's kinda what I've said all along.

Pioli has said this same thing every season, including his first immediately after trading for Cassel. So I'm just going to let his actions define his view of 'competition'.

the Talking Can
02-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Talking can's head will implode

nah...i've been trying to tell people this

now Pioli has done the work for me...I don't need to yell any more

anyone claiming, at this point, that there is going to be a QB competition or that Cassel isn't going to be a starter for the 4th straight year, is an actual fucking retard...i mean a real 'my doctor's note is proof' retard

because Pioli has spoken, the issue is closed

Guru
02-25-2012, 04:34 AM
It's OK though. They already have their season tickets sales locked in for next year.

FringeNC
02-25-2012, 05:53 AM
So he was completely lying earlier in the day when he said they wanted to bring Orton back.

Fritz88
02-25-2012, 06:08 AM
Pioli on NFL network.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs

You literally , literally get NOTHING out of him

It's shameful what he does.

Fritz88
02-25-2012, 06:10 AM
I am praying it's all a smokescreen.

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2012, 06:23 AM
If they can make a breakfast pizza. There is little reason they can't make a breakfast popcorn. Bits of ham, egg, cheese, what ever your posion & caffeine. Must have the caffeine

Hog Farmer
02-25-2012, 07:08 AM
I guess it would take someone like Daniel Snyder to make you fucktards happy. What a bunch of whining idiots !

milkman
02-25-2012, 07:45 AM
I guess it would take someone like Daniel Snyder to make you ****tards happy. What a bunch of whining idiots !

No, not Daniel Snyder.

The Rooney's would be good, though.

barn
02-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Let’s not get lost in where a guy was drafted as to whether or not he’s a player. This league has shown time and time again at many positions, including this particular position, that where a player is drafted doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with how good he is or how good he becomes.

lulz

Rausch
02-25-2012, 07:53 AM
No, not Daniel Snyder.

At this point I'm willing to just dump the scouts and hire spies to find out who the Steelers want at NT/OLB/HB...

trndobrd
02-25-2012, 07:53 AM
The fact that the article makes no mention of bringing Orton back makes me believe they are trying to resign him.

Hopefully (sigh) Pioli is putting all this turd polish on Cassell in an effort to get some value out of him while he's working the other GMs at the combine. Hell, maybe the Rams need a proven backup QB. Throw in a top tier CB a couple #1 picks and voila!

Rausch
02-25-2012, 07:55 AM
The fact that the article makes no mention of bringing Orton back makes me believe they are trying to resign him.

"Can I haz methburger two!1!"

BoneKrusher
02-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Chiefs plan to have competition for quarterback Cassel

I'll believe this when i see it.

Coogs
02-25-2012, 08:59 AM

A couple of injuries and your boy Cassel FUCKING DIES and TURNS TO SHIT.

EAT SHIT, FAT BOY.

I think you could change the word Denver for Kansas City and have an even stronger case. Orton made this offense look pretty good those three starts he had here. Same offense Cassel struggled with.

Rausch
02-25-2012, 09:13 AM
I think you could change the word Denver for Kansas City and have an even stronger case. Orton made this offense look pretty good those three starts he had here. Same offense Cassel struggled with.

He won 2 games and took the 3rd to OT in crunch time.

He won the type of games Ca$$hole has always lost.

To me that speaks volumes.

I don't care how. I don't care if you dink and dunk or bomb it accurately deep - just win.

I'd give Orton 12 mil a year before fucking Routt 7 mil.

milkman
02-25-2012, 09:15 AM

I don't care how. I don't care if you dink and dunk or bomb it accurately deep - just win.

I'd give Orton 12 mil a year before ****ing Routt 7 mil.

Are you fucking drunk?

12 mil a year for a scrub QB?

That's ludicrous.

Rausch
02-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Are you ****ing drunk?

12 mil a year for a scrub QB?

That's ludicrous.

He won 2 of the last 4 games of the year.

If we're going to waste money (and we already have) I'd prefer to overpay an average QB that we can win with over a corner who leads the league in penalties and still can't cover.

Value is relative.

milkman
02-25-2012, 09:28 AM
He won 2 of the last 4 games of the year.

If we're going to waste money (and we already have) I'd prefer to overpay an average QB that we can win with over a corner who leads the league in penalties and still can't cover.

Value is relative.

That's just fucking stupid.

jspchief
02-25-2012, 09:58 AM
No, not Daniel Snyder.

Rooney Mara for me please.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-25-2012, 09:59 AM
So any chance Matt's hand hasn't fully healed or he has issues with his hand post-surgery?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/2012-Combine-Adam-Caplan-Interview/50a1aa4c-b5e8-404e-aec3-224efc0e4b2a

Tribal Warfare
02-25-2012, 10:32 AM
So any chance Matt's hand hasn't fully healed or he has issues with his hand post-surgery?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/2012-Combine-Adam-Caplan-Interview/50a1aa4c-b5e8-404e-aec3-224efc0e4b2a

Cassel doesn't have a Lis Franc injury, though that cat really like Stanzi though

O.city
02-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Excuses excuses for the golden boy.

Whats this years excuses gonna be?

"Well, we got a little screwed in that it was a little too cold on some of the Sundays, then warm the next week. Thats tough on anyone".

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 01:52 PM

No holds barred.

I hope you're talking about his head.

When all this is over, I want to see it thrust on a spike next to the 1969 championship flag that flies in the breeze at Arrowhead Stadium.

FOR ALL TO SEE.

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Pioli is a worthless steaming pile of cow dung.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X6YLAmKFpRM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsandO'sfan
02-25-2012, 02:11 PM
1 minute ago - by Tom James - Chiefs coach interested in Peyton Manning
While acknowledging the NFL's tampering rules, Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said Saturday at the scouting combine that if Indy QB Peyton Manning were to be released, Kansas City would be interested in taking a look. Crennel said that was as far as he would go with his comments.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 02:36 PM
So he was completely lying earlier in the day when he said they wanted to bring Orton back.

Keeping reading about that and you will also hear Scott say that Lrton will explore other opportunities that he can start.

We all know Orton would beat the death of Cassel in a LEGIT qb competition.

Even Pioli knows it.

Let me put this as clearly as possible.

Pioli is more interested in trying to "fix the quarterback" than he is on trying to get this team in a position to win a championship.

NOTHING will change that in my opinion until the actions are changed.

Anyone that doesn't agree with that deserves Cassel to have butt secks with their mother.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 02:39 PM
1 minute ago - by Tom James - Chiefs coach interested in Peyton Manning
While acknowledging the NFL's tampering rules, Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said Saturday at the scouting combine that if Indy QB Peyton Manning were to be released, Kansas City would be interested in taking a look. Crennel said that was as far as he would go with his comments.

How in blue hell does this NOT cost us a draft pick for tampering?

That's exactly what Gunther did.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 02:43 PM

I'd give Orton 12 mil a year before fucking Routt 7 mil.

What happened to you recently?

You used to be one of my favorite posters here....now this?

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 02:45 PM
How in blue hell does this NOT cost us a draft pick for tampering?

That's exactly what Gunther did.

I don't think that statement is tampering. Well, it shouldn't be, anyway.

Its not like RaC actually said it to Payton.

I'm not clear on what exactly Gunther did.

FAX
02-25-2012, 02:48 PM

Basically the same, exact thing.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 02:48 PM
What happened to you recently?

You used to be one of my favorite posters here....now this?

LOL giving Orton $12million/yr is insane.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Basically the same, exact thing.

FAX

Interesting...

BossChief
02-25-2012, 02:54 PM

Gunther didn't even name names like Romeo did and he did it in a random interview.

He just said that if Kansas City releases a couple if his old players that he would love to have them.

He lost a 7th rounder for that and had to swap fifths with us as punishment.

Romeo apparently went in front of a lot of reporters at the combine and said he would love to sign Peyton if he got released.

Peyton is still an employee of Indy.

I'd be willing to bet that we lose a pick for this that is something like a 4th rounder and that we don't even sign Manning.

Guru
02-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Just goes to show how stupid this franchise is.

Chocolate Hog
02-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Gunther didn't even name names like Romeo did and he did it in a random interview.

He just said that if Kansas City releases a couple if his old players that he would love to have them.

He lost a 7th rounder for that and had to swap fifths with us as punishment.

Romeo apparently went in front of a lot of reporters at the combine and said he would love to sign Peyton if he got released.

Peyton is still an employee of Indy.

I'd be willing to bet that we lose a pick for this that is something like a 4th rounder and that we don't even sign Manning.

They better fucking sign him then.

bricks
02-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Just goes to show how stupid this franchise is.

I don't think its their fault.

They are caught in a trap.

Fescoe is a douche for opening his mouth.

We all know how the media is, they want to make a story out of everything.
This, to me, is an example of trying to dig for as much info as possible out of the organization in an attempt to intensify rumours and float sh*t around.

Its quite obvious that the Chiefs are trying to dodge around this thing as much as they can.

RustShack
02-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I do enjoy this so much. Everyone talks about how God awful Cassel is like hes the worst QB in the league, but then just downtalks all the other QB's hes had "competition" with even though at one point everyone here loved either Croyle or Thigpen.

Also fail to recognize we haven't been in a position to bring in a QB better than Cassel yet.

But I understand. Grass is always greener on the other side, and blind retard rabble rabble hate.

BossChief
02-25-2012, 03:04 PM
If we end up signing PM, I really don't care if we get a penalty for tampering...but after reports of us already talking money with his agent and then Romeo making this mistake....we almost assuredly will get a pick taken from us.

It BETTER be worth it.

FAX
02-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't think its their fault.

They are caught in a trap.

Fescoe is a douche for opening his mouth.

We all know how the media is, they want to make a story out of everything.
This, to me, is an example of trying to dig for as much info as possible out of the organization in an attempt to intensify rumours and float sh*t around.

Its quite obvious that the Chiefs are trying to dodge around this thing as much as they can.

I don't know, Mr. bricks. The media are always asking questions designed to elicit information they don't currently possess. That's kind of what they do ... or, more accurately, what they're supposed to do.

Crennel could have said, "We all know what the NFL rules are and I won't comment on any individual player. But, we'll be active in free agency just as everyone else and that doesn't exclude any position or potential player."

Done. No tampering. No problem.

One would think that Dr. Evil has explained to Crennel that any public discussion of another team's player is off-limits.

FAX

BoneKrusher
02-25-2012, 03:16 PM
If we end up signing PM, I really don't care if we get a penalty for tampering...but after reports of us already talking money with his agent and then Romeo making this mistake....we almost assuredly will get a pick taken from us.

It BETTER be worth it.
to get Peyton, i'd give half the draft.
(assuming Manning is anything close to his play over the last 10 years.) and and it means we're getting rid of Castle.

ChiefRocka
02-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Call me a forward thinker but maybe this is part of the incentive for Indy to release Manning for us??

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Crennel talks Manning, RG3 and other QBs

February, 25, 2012 Feb 254:35PM ET
By Bill Williamson

INDIANAPOLIS -- On Friday, Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli said that the team’s quarterback job is not open and Matt Cassel is the starter.

However, Pioli said, there will be competition at the position.

Saturday, Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel also said that Cassel is the starter. But he made it clear that the team will explore all options.

Most interestingly, Crennel made it clear that if a certain future first-ballot Hall of Famer who resides in this city becomes available, the Chiefs coach will then become interested in him. Crennel acknowledged the league’s tampering rules, but he did say this when asked if he’d have interest in Peyton Manning if he is cut by the Colts as expected: “With a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it if he’s available. I’ll leave it at that.”

There was a report out of Kansas City that said the Chiefs have already talked to Manning’s agent. That is against league rules. The Chiefs do, though, have the financial means to sign Manning. Friday, Pioli did not address the subject because of the tampering rules.

Friday night, Crennel said the Chiefs talked to the three top quarterback prospects, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Ryan Tannehill. The interviews with Luck and Griffin were likely due diligence efforts because the Chiefs won't be in position to draft either man. Tannehill will likely be available in the second half of the first round, so Kansas City, which has the No. 11 pick, could potentially trade down and get him. Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler said he met with the Chiefs. He is likely to be taken in the second or third round.

Crennel raved about Griffin and said the time with the Baylor player was “special.”

Like Pioli, Crennel said the team would like to have Kyle Orton back. Crennel made Orton the starter when he took over as the interim coach in Week 15. The Chiefs were 2-1. Once again, Crennel credited Orton for helping him get the permanent job.

I get the feeling -- and it is just a feeling -- that Crennel would like to re-sign Orton and give him every opportunity to beat out Cassel.

Crennel did acknowledge that the relationship between new Kansas City offensive coordinator Brian Daboll and Miami free agent Chad Henne could make Henne a potential target if he hits free agency. Daboll was the Dolphins’ offensive coordinator last year.

Don’t discount the possibility of Brady Quinn being a backup option in Kansas City. The free agent played for Crennel in Cleveland.

There are a lot of moving parts in Kansas City at this position and it will be fascinating to see how it all plays out.

Guru
02-25-2012, 04:09 PM
If RAC Cleveland Browns this team I will be so ****ing pissed. That would show that he didn't learn a god damned thing from his failure there.

boogblaster
02-25-2012, 04:14 PM
bye casshole .. hello anybody else ......

Bewbies
02-25-2012, 04:35 PM
If RAC Cleveland Browns this team I will be so ****ing pissed. That would show that he didn't learn a god damned thing from his failure there.

My bro-in-law is a die hard Browns fan. What he says is the signature of a RC team is lack of discipline. He hated him, but admits that his roster was shit while he was there...

Extra Point
02-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Excuses excuses for the golden boy.

Whats this years excuses gonna be?

"Well, we got a little screwed in that it was a little too cold on some of the Sundays, then warm the next week. Thats tough on anyone".

New Arrowhead in Olathe?

Chocolate Hog
02-25-2012, 04:44 PM
to get Peyton, i'd give half the draft.
(assuming Manning is anything close to his play over the last 10 years.) and and it means we're getting rid of Castle.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b8/Al_Bundy.jpg/289px-Al_Bundy.jpg

whoman69
02-25-2012, 05:17 PM
I do enjoy this so much. Everyone talks about how God awful Cassel is like hes the worst QB in the league, but then just downtalks all the other QB's hes had "competition" with even though at one point everyone here loved either Croyle or Thigpen.

Also fail to recognize we haven't been in a position to bring in a QB better than Cassel yet.

But I understand. Grass is always greener on the other side, and blind retard rabble rabble hate.

So much fail in this post. There have been other options, we just haven't taken them. The fact that Palko was the prime competition for Cassel last year shows how deeply he has been entrenched. In many ways, he is the worst QB in the league. Even in his best season here, the Chiefs were 30th in passing yards. He's below average in YPA, completion % and in avoiding sacks. All that points to a big pile of suck. The only blind retard rabble is you pretending that all the if only's in his career are just excuses.

qabbaan
02-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Under no circumstance will there be true competition. Either the job will be Cassel's or it will be Manning's. In either case there will be no question about it

Guru
02-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Under no circumstance will there be true competition. Either the job will be Cassel's or it will be Manning's. In either case there will be no question about itI hope our first opponent has a massive sack attack if it is CAssel.

xztop12
02-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I personally think Pioli is done with Matt. When Orton came in and played well with the same O it was obvious to anyone that MC was a major issue. I also don't think, up to this point, that Pioli is been irrational with his use and persistence with Matt Cassel as the starting QB. Which he would be if MC came back next year despite Orton outplaying him with the same unit.

milkman
02-25-2012, 05:52 PM
I hope our first opponent has a massive sack attack if it is CAssel.

Then the excuse will be the O-Line couldn't protect him.

They'll be making excuses for Matt Cassel until the day he retires.

O.city
02-25-2012, 05:53 PM

This.

Guru
02-25-2012, 05:57 PM

Here I am trying to be positive and you come in with that shit!!!!!!

qabbaan
02-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Pioli wouldn't be dumb enough not to try to get Manning if he were available.

However, I think he still believes in Cassel. I think the chances Cassel starts Week 1 of 2012 AND 2013 are greater than 50%. We are married to him.

milkman
02-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Damn it!

I want a divorce!

xztop12
02-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Gabbaan, what makes you think Pioli would be dumb enough to start MC instead of Orton, who outplayed him with the same offense? We up to now have not had any better options at QB, so it's not like Pioli is ignoring them and insisting on Cassel.

The only player I can think of would be not drafting Clausen who has shown to be a bust, and a wise move for us

whoman69
02-25-2012, 06:12 PM

Matt, you see that blitzer lining up and overloading your right side. You might want to slide your protection over. If you have any questions ask Palko.

Easy 6
02-25-2012, 06:22 PM
“My hope and strong desire is to draft a quarterback every single year,” Pioli said. “There’s great value in that.

Best thing he's said all year, hopefully he means it.

RustShack
02-25-2012, 06:27 PM
So much fail in this post. There have been other options, we just haven't taken them. The fact that Palko was the prime competition for Cassel last year shows how deeply he has been entrenched. In many ways, he is the worst QB in the league. Even in his best season here, the Chiefs were 30th in passing yards. He's below average in YPA, completion % and in avoiding sacks. All that points to a big pile of suck. The only blind retard rabble is you pretending that all the if only's in his career are just excuses.

Do tell. Who have all these better options than Cassel been? Don't point to having a better backup now, point to who all these QB's are that we missed better than Cassel.

The first time I recall being able to upgrade was when Orton hit the waiver wire, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Pioli pulled the trigger there.

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 06:45 PM
I personally think Pioli is done with Matt.

LMAO

Yes, all signs point to this.

If Scott Pioli was running a mall kiosk, some of you would buy all of his worthless shit.

WhiteWhale
02-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Matt, you see that blitzer lining up and overloading your right side. You might want to slide your protection over. If you have any questions ask Palko.

Casey makes the protection calls.

So... the difference you guys saw between Cassel and Palko's protection calls was entirely imagined.

BoneKrusher
02-25-2012, 07:41 PM
We are married to him.

then, i want a Divorce asap.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Gabbaan, what makes you think Pioli would be dumb enough to start MC instead of Orton, who outplayed him with the same offense? We up to now have not had any better options at QB, so it's not like Pioli is ignoring them and insisting on Cassel.

The only player I can think of would be not drafting Clausen who has shown to be a bust, and a wise move for us

Did you say Orton outplayed Cassel in this offense? Maybe he moved it better, but from a TD standpoint both were equally inept. We were 2-1 with Orton because of the defense, not him.

milkman
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Did you say Orton outplayed Cassel in this offense? Maybe he moved it better, but from a TD standpoint both were equally inept. We were 2-1 with Orton because of the defense, not him.

You can't win with defense if your defense is worn out.

O.city
02-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Orton with the same wr's and rb's, threw for more yards in two games than Cassel did in 4.

He didn't get us in the endzone like he should have, but he also had two dropped passes that would have been touchdowns.

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Orton was with the team for what, a month?

The fact the offense moved better with him when he had barely played in it is an indictment of Cassel.

Given a full offseason there is no doubt in my mind we'd have a more productive offense if he was the starter.

But of course, that will never happen.

el borracho
02-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Do tell. Who have all these better options than Cassel been? Don't point to having a better backup now, point to who all these QB's are that we missed better than Cassel.

The first time I recall being able to upgrade was when Orton hit the waiver wire, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Pioli pulled the trigger there.

Mallet.

qabbaan
02-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Settling for Orton puts us no closer to the Super Bowl than continuing with Cassel.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Orton with the same wr's and rb's, threw for more yards in two games than Cassel did in 4.

He didn't get us in the endzone like he should have, but he also had two dropped passes that would have been touchdowns.

Damn, I wish this were fantasy football where you were awarded points for passing yards. Sadly though you need to put it into the end zone for it to matter. All QBs have had TDs dropped. Not saying Cassel was better, but Orton was by no means all world. The best argument for him is how he is better than Cassel. Not exactly a shining endorsement.

BoneKrusher
02-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Settling for Orton puts us no closer to the Super Bowl than continuing with Cassel.

it's like a family trip, at least with Orton the ride will be a little more enjoyable. :thumb:

milkman
02-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Damn, I wish this were fantasy football where you were awarded points for passing yards. Sadly though you need to put it into the end zone for it to matter. All QBs have had TDs dropped. Not saying Cassel was better, but Orton was by no means all world. The best argument for him is how he is better than Cassel. Not exactly a shining endorsement.

I really think the question is this.

Would you rather go into the season with Matt Cassel as potentially your entrenched starter that it looks like Pioli is tied to, or with Kyle Orton as a guy that would likely be a bridge to your eventual QBoTF?

BoneKrusher
02-25-2012, 08:07 PM

Would you rather go into the season with Matt Cassel as potentially your entrenched starter that it looks like Pioli is tied to, or with Kyle Orton as a guy that would likely be a bridge to your eventual QBoTF?

i'd rather have the Bridge.

milkman
02-25-2012, 08:21 PM
i'd rather have the Bridge.

Let me clarify this so there is no confusion or misunderstanding here.

This is only my opinion, an opinion I firmly believe, but I grant you that I may be worng.

My belief is that as long as Matt Cassel is the starter, he will be entrenched there, and Scott Pioli will only bring other, lesser scrubs, and late round picks to compete.

But if one of those other lesser scrubs (or more accurately, one that he believes to be lesser), beats out Cassel for the starting position, then Pioli will be forced to re-evaluate the QB position, and might actually aggressively persue a QBoTF.

I believe that Orton is that lesser scrub (in Pioli's eyes) that can beat out Cassel.

BoneKrusher
02-25-2012, 08:24 PM
I believe that Orton is that lesser scrub (in Pioli's eyes) that can beat out Cassel.

and that's why he wont be resigned in KC

tredadda
02-25-2012, 08:31 PM

Good question. Until Cassel proves he is garbage in the mind of Pioli, I would rather go with him. I know this sounds weird, but Orton will give us more wins, but wont take us to the SB. He promises us 9-7, or 10-6 seasons. We will continue to spin our wheels like we have for ever. We need to fail with Cassel in order for him to ever give up on him. Until then, it is nothing but excuses and reminiscing over the "Pro Bowl season of 2010". At least with us sucking with Cassel, we stand a better chance of drafting high enough for our franchise QB, while with Orton that is doubtful. But at least with Orton we will win more and thusly put butts in the seats which seems to be the ultimate goal of this franchise.

whoman69
02-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Orton's fail has never been that he can't move the ball. Its that once he does get the ball in the red zone, he can't get TDs. The game everyone points to is the Oakland game where Bowe dropped a game winning TD. On the next play he threw the ball right down the middle where we didn't even have someone while Baldwin wasn't even covered to the left side.

Orton is better than Cassel, but I don't even think you can call him a bridge until he does better getting TDs.

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Orton's fail has never been that he can't move the ball. Its that once he does get the ball in the red zone, he can't get TDs. The game everyone points to is the Oakland game where Bowe dropped a game winning TD. On the next play he threw the ball right down the middle where we didn't even have someone while Baldwin wasn't even covered to the left side.

Orton is better than Cassel, but I don't even think you can call him a bridge until he does better getting TDs.

Yes, and at the same time, he's never played with a RB like Charles, or a defense like ours (other than his rookie year).

BoneKrusher
02-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Good question. Until Cassel proves he is garbage in the mind of Pioli, I would rather go with him.

makes me sick to think of him at QB for another game not to mention an entire season.

Messier
02-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Those with the idea (Nick Wright included) that Pioli doesn't want Orton here because he knows he could beat out Cassel, and it's more important to Pioli to start Cassel than win, are fools.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 08:45 PM
makes me sick to think of him at QB for another game not to mention an entire season.

I agree, but that might be what it takes for him to finally get rid of Cassel. I want to replace him so bad that I would do whatever it took to trade up for Luck or RGIII, but if Pioli can't or won't do it and chooses to bring in crappy competition, then we will have to fail with Cassel. He doesn't need to bring in competition, he needs to bring in a QB who is clearly superior. That way we might actually win playoff games instead of being content actually making it.

milkman
02-25-2012, 08:47 PM
I agree, but that might be what it takes for him to finally get rid of Cassel. I want to replace him so bad that I would do whatever it took to trade up for Luck or RGIII, but if Pioli can't or won't do it and chooses to bring in crappy competition, then we will have to fail with Cassel. He doesn't need to bring in competition, he needs to bring in a QB who is clearly superior. That way we might actually win playoff games instead of being content actually making it.

The problem is, Orton, at least in my eyes, is clearly superior, and he's nothing more than a scrub.

Easy 6
02-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Good question. Until Cassel proves he is garbage in the mind of Pioli, I would rather go with him. I know this sounds weird, but Orton will give us more wins, but wont take us to the SB. He promises us 9-7, or 10-6 seasons. We will continue to spin our wheels like we have for ever. We need to fail with Cassel in order for him to ever give up on him. Until then, it is nothing but excuses and reminiscing over the "Pro Bowl season of 2010". At least with us sucking with Cassel, we stand a better chance of drafting high enough for our franchise QB, while with Orton that is doubtful. But at least with Orton we will win more and thusly put butts in the seats which seems to be the ultimate goal of this franchise.

I for one, just cant get into that 'lose to win' mentality.

The qbotf can be found by various means, without being a bad joke in the NFL, a joke nobody wants to play for.

No, Orton over Cassel eight days a week... it was CRYSTAL CLEAR from his first full game, just how much better the O moved, it was truly shocking to watch imo. Having only a bare minimum understanding of the playbook & players, he moved the team twice as well as Cassel. Thats when everyone should've known just how bad Cassel is.

Sucking to win is the most terrible kind of logic ever.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 08:59 PM
The problem is, Orton, at least in my eyes, is clearly superior, and he's nothing more than a scrub.

I will have to disagree with you on that one. Yes Orton is superior, but not clearly. To me clearly superior is Brees, Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers etc..... Those guys win, QBs like Orton put people in the seats with great "fantasy" numbers. He much like Cassel makes poor decisions and struggles to put the ball in the end zone. Let's not forget that Chicago gave up two 1sts AND Orton for Cutler. Him and two 1sts was considered a fair trade for Cutler. He then put up great numbers one year with Denver. He then got replaced by Tebow and when he was cut, only like three teams inquired about him. Teams that could have used a QB desperately (like Indy, Wash, Cleveland, Sea etc....) did not even try to get him. This just shows his value, which is sadly still higher than Cassel's. He is not the answer, nor is Cassel. At least with Cassel we have a better chance of sucking enough to actually address the QB situation. With Orton, I have my doubts.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 09:02 PM
I for one, just cant get into that 'lose to win' mentality.

The qbotf can be found by various means, without being a bad joke in the NFL, a joke nobody wants to play for.

No, Orton over Cassel eight days a week... it was CRYSTAL CLEAR from his first full game, just how much better the O moved, it was truly shocking to watch imo. Having only a bare minimum understanding of the playbook & players, he moved the team twice as well as Cassel. Thats when everyone should've known just how bad Cassel is.

Sucking to win is the most terrible kind of logic ever.

And he punched it in the end zone about as frequently as Cassel. TD's, not yards wins games in the NFL. There is a reason that very few teams went after him when Denver cut him. There is a reason that he is on team 3 and was beat out by Tebow. Just because he is better than Cassel does not mean he is either

A. Good
B. Good enough to win a SB with

milkman
02-25-2012, 09:07 PM
I will have to disagree with you on that one. Yes Orton is superior, but not clearly. To me clearly superior is Brees, Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers etc..... Those guys win, QBs like Orton put people in the seats with great "fantasy" numbers. He much like Cassel makes poor decisions and struggles to put the ball in the end zone. Let's not forget that Chicago gave up two 1sts AND Orton for Cutler. Him and two 1sts was considered a fair trade for Cutler. He then put up great numbers one year with Denver. He then got replaced by Tebow and when he was cut, only like three teams inquired about him. Teams that could have used a QB desperately (like Indy, Wash, Cleveland, Sea etc....) did not even try to get him. This just shows his value, which is sadly still higher than Cassel's. He is not the answer, nor is Cassel. At least with Cassel we have a better chance of sucking enough to actually address the QB situation. With Orton, I have my doubts.

Overall, I agree with everything you say here, but I can't agree that Orton is not clearly superior.

Obviously, you need to score points, and Orton does struggle mightily in the red zone, but he also moves the chains, something that the Chiefs with Cassel couldn't do.

How many times has this team gone deep into the second qrtr with Cassel at the helm looking for it's first first down.

O.city
02-25-2012, 09:23 PM
While I want the Chiefs to have a Rodgers or Brees or Brady, there are only so many guys like that in the league. Everyone doesn't have one.

I think, when healthy and after this draft, the Chiefs have the skill guys basically set on both sides save for qb.

Just gotta find that guy somewhere.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
While I want the Chiefs to have a Rodgers or Brees or Brady, there are only so many guys like that in the league. Everyone doesn't have one.

I think, when healthy and after this draft, the Chiefs have the skill guys basically set on both sides save for qb.

Just gotta find that guy somewhere.

Draft. Every other weakness can be addressed in FA but that one. Ultimately every one of those guys was drafted. Until we are serious about drafting one, we are just spinning our wheels and wasting the talent on this team.

O.city
02-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Draft. Every other weakness can be addressed in FA but that one.

I would love to draft a quarterback but there has to be a guy there to draft.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I would love to draft a quarterback but there has to be a guy there to draft.

Outside of Brees, how many franchise QBs are available in FA? They almost NEVER hit the market. Had Brees not been a late bloomer, SD would never have let him go. He only hit the market because SD all but gave up on him and drafted Rivers to replace him.

milkman
02-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Outside of Brees, how many franchise QBs are available in FA? They almost NEVER hit the market. Had Brees not been a late bloomer, SD would never have let him go. He only hit the market because SD all but gave up on him and drafted Rivers to replace him.

And they were concerned that his arm strength would be negatively affected by the shoulder injury he sustained late in the season.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 09:37 PM
And they were concerned that his arm strength would be negatively affected by the shoulder injury he sustained late in the season.

Yes, but they had already drafted Rivers well before the injury. He, not Brees was the heir apparent. The shoulder injury made letting him go easier, but his days in SD were numbered the day Rivers was drafted.

O.city
02-25-2012, 09:44 PM
I think they drafted Rivers after Brees injury? Or atleast I thought, I coudl be wrong though.

O.city
02-25-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm intrigued by Osweiler. I like his size and arm strength alot.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 09:46 PM
I think they drafted Rivers after Brees injury? Or atleast I thought, I coudl be wrong though.

No, they drafted Rivers pre injury because Brees was a late bloomer and still looked like a bust at the time. SD started to give up on him and decided to get Rivers. Then suddenly the light came on for Brees, but he ended the season with a shoulder injury. He was all but gone before the injury. After the injury it was an easy decision for SD. Their loss, NO's gain.

milkman
02-25-2012, 09:49 PM

No, Rivers was drafted before that injury occurred.

If Rivers wasn't late to camp, then hurt, in all likleyhood, he would have been given the keys to the franchise before Brees had the chance to put his progress on display.

stonedstooge
02-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Anyone know the story on Brees and New Orleans? Franchise tag?

tredadda
02-25-2012, 09:54 PM

I think they will franchise him until they work out something long term. He will retire a Saint.

Easy 6
02-25-2012, 10:15 PM
And he punched it in the end zone about as frequently as Cassel. TD's, not yards wins games in the NFL. There is a reason that very few teams went after him when Denver cut him. There is a reason that he is on team 3 and was beat out by Tebow. Just because he is better than Cassel does not mean he is either

A. Good
B. Good enough to win a SB with

Yep, his redzone play was similar AND he equaled him at it within just a few short weeks prep time, not three freaking years... i swear i'd bet my next paycheck that i know who the WR's would privately choose.

People need to get off the kick that prefering Orton to other options = OTRON DA SABIOR, no... he's not all world, but is atleast capable of keeping you in the hunt, good enough to make D's worry about your receivers, until The Dude arrives.

BryanBusby
02-25-2012, 10:19 PM

He will end up with the exclusive franchise tag, because there would be teams willing to give up 2 first round picks to get Brees.

tredadda
02-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Yep, his redzone play was similar AND he equaled him at it within just a few short weeks prep time, not three freaking years... i swear i'd bet my next paycheck that i know who the WR's would privately choose.

People need to get off the kick that prefering Orton to other options = OTRON DA SABIOR, no... he's not all world, but is atleast capable of keeping you in the hunt, good enough to make D's worry about your receivers, until The Dude arrives.

And "The Dude" never will arrive as long as we keep slinging QBs like Orton out there. He is better than Cassel, but that does not make him good. I agree the WRs would prefer him over Cassel, that is a no brainer. Also Orton's redzone play was sub par in Denver as well.

FAX
02-25-2012, 10:21 PM
I have a question ... it's crazy, I know ... but, well ...

Can we franchise tag Orton?

FAX

Easy 6
02-25-2012, 10:40 PM
And "The Dude" never will arrive as long as we keep slinging QBs like Orton out there. He is better than Cassel, but that does not make him good. I agree the WRs would prefer him over Cassel, that is a no brainer. Also Orton's redzone play was sub par in Denver as well.

I'm not stuck on the idea that winning your way to atleast some level of respectability, equals never landing a keeper qb.

By definition, the improved offensive production means that he's good enough to help the team improve, thats all i'm looking for right now, improvement.... 3 weeks in town, he's already slinging up more plays for a talented WR group... thats good enough for now.

And i'm tired of hearing this line thats trolled by disgruntled donx fans that says 'haha his redzone sucks'... whats Tebows redzone %?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-25-2012, 10:55 PM
I have a question ... it's crazy, I know ... but, well ...

Can we franchise tag Orton?

FAX

Yes...for ~$14.4M

FAX
02-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Yes...for ~$14.4M

Ah ... well, never mind.

FAX

Tombstone RJ
02-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Scott Pioli is a fat piece of shit and a ****ing liar.

He is lying out his ****ing ass.

Well, guess what you fat piece of overpaid franchise-killing shit: some of us see through your lies and bullshit, and we are telling you to go and **** yourself. Literally rip your dick off and shove it up your fat New England ass you piece of shit. We don't want your dumb ass here because you are incompetent, and now we wish suffering upon you because you are a ****ing lying piece of shit.

please don't sugar coat it. tell us how you really feel.

The Bad Guy
02-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Why does 50/50 and GoChiefs have to start every Pioli rant with "he's a fat piece of shit"?

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Why does 50/50 and GoChiefs have to start every Pioli rant with "he's a fat piece of shit"?

Because he's getting fatter off Hunt's dime.

The Bad Guy
02-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Because he's getting fatter off Hunt's dime.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason you write it.

Chocolate Hog
02-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Frank I know you've had a lot goin on but is there any chance you heard from your friend about the Manning rumors?

The Bad Guy
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Frank I know you've had a lot goin on but is there any chance you heard from your friend about the Manning rumors?

I haven't talked to him in weeks. He gives me tons of coaching info and a little bit of speculative FA/player info sometimes.

Unless I read it from a source more credible than Fescoe, I think I already know the answer.

BossChief
02-26-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't see a reason we would let Carr walk unless we are contemplating a fairy major move.

Count Alex's Losses
02-26-2012, 12:16 AM
we are contemplating a fairy major move.

"Fairy" is a good way of putting it.

The idea that Scott Pioli could pull off a blockbuster move is mythical.

BossChief
02-26-2012, 12:23 AM
"Fairy" is a good way of putting it.

The idea that Scott Pioli could pull off a blockbuster move is mythical.

Like trading for Randy Moss?

Or trading for Cassel and convincing Clark to write two massive checks for guarantees on Cassel and Jackson?

Count Alex's Losses
02-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Like trading for Randy Moss?

LMAO

Yeah, that wasn't Bill, it was definitely Scott.

Or trading for Cassel and convincing Clark to write two massive checks for guarantees on Cassel and Jackson?

Did you write this with a straight face?

KC Tattoo
02-26-2012, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=Tribal Warfare;8396587] Chiefs plan to have competition for quarterback Cassel (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/23/3448181/chiefs-plan-to-have-competition.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Of the players who served as a backup quarterback for the Chiefs the last three seasons, none could be considered a serious candidate to take Matt Cassel’s starting job.

General manager Scott Pioli said he couldn’t promise the Chiefs would find a more significant challenge for Cassel this year. But he indicated that if the Chiefs failed, it wouldn’t be for a lack of trying.

Just as it wasn’t, Pioli said, the last three seasons.

“I don’t think we haven’t tried (to bring in competition for Cassel). Part of it was circumstances. When we traded for Matt, he was coming to a program that had two starting quarterbacks here already. It’s easy to sit here now and say, ‘You can’t say player X wasn’t competition.’ That’s not fair. Look at it in the snapshot of that place and time. It certainly appeared there was going to be competition.”

Tyler Thigpen and Brodie Croyle were the Chiefs’ quarterbacks when they traded for Cassel three years ago. Neither has been a productive player since leaving the Chiefs.

Matt Gutierrez, Tyler Palko, Ricky Stanzi and Kyle Orton have been quarterbacks who have come, and in some cases gone, since.

Stanzi, who was drafted last year, is the only Chiefs quarterback other than Cassel under contract for next season. Orton played in four games for the Chiefs last season after Cassel injured his hand and was lost for the year.

“Last year, free-agency never started (until training camp),” Pioli said. “We had Matt on the roster. We had Tyler on the roster. We had Ricky, who we drafted. We didn’t draft someone high who was perceived as competition, but I’ll say this: I think Ricky is competition. Let’s not get lost in where a guy was drafted as to whether or not he’s a player. This league has shown time and time again at many positions, including this particular position, that where a player is drafted doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with how good he is or how good he becomes.

-------------------

If Stanzi was here for compitition, then why the **** didn't he play in the last preseason game against the Packers? Why did Cassel play in all four of them and Palko sucked in partial dutie? Stanzi barely got playing time in the other 3 preseason game. Please explain this to me.

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2012, 12:29 AM
I don't see a reason we would let Carr walk unless we are contemplating a fairy major move.

Or unless they dont feel like giving another CB $50m.

Carr is gone. I just hope they can sign Bowe then tag and trade Carr.

Count Alex's Losses
02-26-2012, 12:32 AM
If Stanzi was here for compitition, then why the **** didn't he play in the last preseason game against the Packers? Why did Cassel play in all four of them and Palko sucked in partial dutie? Stanzi barely got playing time in the other 3 preseason game. Please explain this to me.

The explanation is that Scott Pioli is a fat sack of lying shit who thinks Chiefs fans are retards.

BossChief
02-26-2012, 12:33 AM
After what Stanzi showed the first games, if they let him play in half a game, the fans would be chanting his name by the third regular season game.

Same reason he didnt play even though Palko was the worst qb ever.

Once Stanzi plays one game, he is the teams starter and there will be no going back to Cassel without fan revolt.

xztop12
02-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Orton was with the team for what, a month?

The fact the offense moved better with him when he had barely played in it is an indictment of Cassel.

Given a full offseason there is no doubt in my mind we'd have a more productive offense if he was the starter.

But of course, that will never happen.

Exactly. Pioli, to this point, hasn't shown himself to be irrational. So I see no reason why Cassel is anything even near the starting QB going into camp.

Count Alex's Losses
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Pioli, to this point, hasn't shown himself to be irrational.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t293/heavyarmsroyalcustom/izulj5.gif

The Bad Guy
02-26-2012, 12:37 AM
The explanation is that Scott Pioli is a fat sack of lying shit who thinks Chiefs fans are retards.

There you go again.

xztop12
02-26-2012, 12:38 AM
I honestly think we're done with Cassel.

My argument is that Cassel ONLY NOW is obviously not the best option. Up until now there was some gray area in terms of supporting cast/O-line, and lack of QB's in the open market. That has changed.

BossChief
02-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Exactly. Pioli, to this point, hasn't shown himself to be irrational. So I see no reason why Cassel is anything even near the starting QB going into camp.

You would suck you own fathers dick if Pioli told you to.

DaWolf
02-26-2012, 01:13 AM
After listening to Romeo today, I am more convinced than ever that they're going to try and bring in a guy to ensure Matt Cassel will be holding a clipboard this season.

If they whiff on both Manning and Orton, then you may see an actual competition between Cassel and whoever. But Romeo is throwing way too much smoke up there regarding guys who aren't Cassel and how he'd like to have them. You don't do that if you are planning on starting Cassel...