PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Crennel on Manning: "I would be crazy not to consider it if he were available."

arrowheadnation
02-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Crennel on Peyton Manning: "With a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it if he were available."

Anybody see this on Rachel Nichols (ESPN) twitter today? First actual comment I've seen from the Chiefs organization on Manning that's not an unsubstantiated rumor.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Haven't seen this yet...

Chocolate Hog
02-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Damn he's said it twice? He must really want Manning.

kysirsoze
02-25-2012, 04:49 PM
MANNING PLANET

Guru
02-25-2012, 04:49 PM
R

J Diddy
02-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Damn he's said it twice? He must really want Manning.

I'm thinking he really doesn't want Cassel.

FAX
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM

I fear that Crennel will want anyone that Dr. Evil tells him to want.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Brand new info

BoneKrusher
02-25-2012, 05:20 PM

yep.
smart man that Romeo.

FringeNC
02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Well our new coach is already not on the same page as the GM. Let the undermining begin.

jd1020
02-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Well our new coach is already not on the same page as the GM. Let the undermining begin.

They are both wanting to bring someone else in. What pages are they on?

MIAdragon
02-25-2012, 05:36 PM

http://plannerwire.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/kool-aid.jpg

FAX
02-25-2012, 05:37 PM

Well, for starters, Dr. Evil wants to use the Super Franchise Tag on Bowe, while Crennel wants to use the Semi-Super Temporary Franchise Tag on Bowe, use the Permanent Double-Reverse Franchise Tag on Carr, and carry over the Super Franchise Tag to next year in exchange for picks.

FAX

Mr. Laz
02-25-2012, 05:38 PM

FAXtard:doh!:

milkman
02-25-2012, 05:38 PM

Crennel is on the page that outlines the fact that you can't win in this league with mediocre QBs.

Pioli is on the page that says that you can win some games with mediocre game managers, so bring in all the mediocre game managers to compete that you can.

When he turns the page, it will read, this is only a stopgap until you can get a QB that you can win with.

jd1020
02-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Pioli is on the page that says that you can win some games with mediocre game managers, so bring in all the mediocre game managers to compete that you can.

He has yet to even give a name.

All we know is that they are looking for another QB. Crennel went further than Pioli was comfortable going when asked about Manning, in fear of tampering.

Manning isn't available and he'd be the only QB on the market that could come in and be given the starting job. There's no other QB that's going to do that.

Bitching about names like Orton, Henne, and Clausen and claiming he doesn't want something better at QB is retarded, because thats all there fucking is.

FringeNC
02-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Crennel is on the page that outlines the fact that you can't win in this league with mediocre QBs.

When he turns the page, it will read, this is only a stopgap until you can get a QB that you can win with.

I dunno. I am not convinced that Pioli does not think Cassel is a Hall of Fame talent.

FAX
02-25-2012, 05:46 PM
:doh!:

Okay. That's it. I hereby declare war on your ass, Mr. Laz.

You were once my hero. A poster I admired. But now, you are nothing to me. The bug of dementia to be squashed beneath the great toe of righteousness.

Gird your loins, sir. For you have revealed yourself to be a dementia bug and a hater of the powers of common sense and goodness and niceism which cannot be defeated by the likes of you.

FAX

SNR
02-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Did Laz just call out FAX?

Oh. Shit.

milkman
02-25-2012, 05:57 PM
He has yet to even give a name.

All we know is that they are looking for another QB. Crennel went further than Pioli was comfortable going when asked about Manning, in fear of tampering.

Manning isn't available and he'd be the only QB on the market that could come in and be given the starting job. There's no other QB that's going to do that.

Bitching about names like Orton, Henne, and Clausen and claiming he doesn't want something better at QB is retarded, because thats all there ****ing is.

Who has yet to give a name?

What most people are looking for here is a better option than Matt Cassel.

Henne and Clausen are questionable, but Orton is better than Cassel.

He is, however, nothing more than a higher level mediocre game manager, so at the end of the day, none of it makes a damn bit of difference.

The one thing that might matter is that Pioli might not be nearly as tied to Orton, so he might actually make an effort to look for the QBoTF in a round earlier than the 5th.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2012, 05:58 PM

You were once my hero. A poster I admired. But now, you are nothing to me. The bug of dementia to be squashed beneath the great toe of righteousness.

Gird your loins, sir. For you have revealed yourself to be a dementia bug and a hater of the powers of common sense and goodness and niceism which cannot be defeated by the likes of you.

FAX
*yawn*

milkman
02-25-2012, 05:58 PM

FAX

Give him a break, Mr. Fax.

He has a bleeding vagina that never stops bleeding.

FAX
02-25-2012, 06:03 PM
*yawn*

Careful. A bug may fly in your mouth. Of course, that will only mean its premature demise as your breath is, no doubt, rife with the scent of half-digested, rancid, Taco Bell beans and Weimaraner sperm.

Oh ... and your mother is so fat, her belt size is "Equator".

Ah ha!!

FAX

Mr. Laz
02-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Careful. A bug may fly in your mouth. Of course, that will only mean its premature demise as your breath is, no doubt, rife with the scent of half-digested, rancid, Taco Bell beans and Weimaraner sperm.

Oh ... and your mother is so fat, her belt size is "Equator".

Ah ha!!

FAXtard
well ... well ... Yo momma so dumb she sold her car for gasoline money!

:harumph:

FAX
02-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Give him a break, Mr. Fax.

He has a bleeding vagina that never stops bleeding.

He started it, Mr. milkman. He rose from the slime of his depravity with an unprovoked and utterly unnecessary attack on my person. He has shown himself to be demonic and, as one who has sworn to fight the unending, thankless, battle for niceness, goodetry, female nipples, and freedom of talking, I have no choice but to respond.

FAX

FAX
02-25-2012, 06:17 PM
well ... well ... Yo momma so dumb she sold her car for gasoline money!

:harumph:

She has a motorcycle.

Once more, you have demonstrated that you know nothing of automotive mechanics ... except for the internal combustion that occurs in your lower intestine after consuming a dozen McNuggets and chasing them with a pint of your deformed, midget lover's man mayo.

Ah, ho!!

FAX

J Diddy
02-25-2012, 06:38 PM

FAX

So I don't think that. I think because of their time together in NE they have a working relationship that is going to be a lot better than the Pioli-Haley connection. I ust don't think Crennell is just going to roll over and take it like a good boy because that's what Scott wants.

He's already said more in interviews that went against the popular theory of Pioli's thinking than Haley did in all his time combined.
Which leads me to think Haley was a delusional mad man.

Of course that being said there has to be a similar thought process or pioli would've never hired him.

Simplicity
02-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Crennel also says "The time with RG3 was special" So does this also mean we are trading up for RG3?

Hydrae
02-25-2012, 06:45 PM

FAX

If Laz has lions this might not be the best idea. Girded lions at that, at your own insistence I must add! What are you thinking? I know I would not attack someone with girded lions, my mother warned me about people like that and she said to stay away from them. And their lions of course!

Oh, loins.

Never mind, carry on.

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2012, 06:47 PM
He just reminded him of Cassel

SNR
02-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Now hark, all you gallants!
Your ears I would tease
With a song of Lord FAX
In the fight at Cadiz!

How he scuppered Lazarus
And hacked out his spleen,
For the glory of England
And Elizabeth, our queen!

We've rounded the port, boys,
The cannons they roar,
The sea's full of corpses
And True Fans are no more!

They bobbed on the tide, boys,
The fat and the lean,
For the glory of England

Easy 6
02-25-2012, 06:57 PM
What i read, is a canned answer meant to make the interviewer move on.

Ya hey, gotta consider it, next question!

Count Alex's Losses
02-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Now hark, all you gallants!
Your ears I would tease
With a song of Lord FAX
In the fight at Cadiz!

How he scuppered Lazarus
And hacked out his spleen,
For the glory of England

We've rounded the port, boys,
The cannons they roar,
The sea's full of corpses
And True Fans are no more!

They bobbed on the tide, boys,
The fat and the lean,
For the glory of England

What is the original song, and where may I find a recording of it, oh musical genius?

Easy 6
02-25-2012, 07:07 PM
What is the original song, and where may I find a recording of it, oh musical genius?

I dont know the answer, but that got me in the mood for a good shantie...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tDTQQWSmo8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Consistent1
02-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Does Rachel Nichols ever post nudes on her Twitter?

Epic Fail 007
02-25-2012, 07:35 PM
lol duhhh

Epic Fail 007
02-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes piolis riding cassel cock hard.

Chocolate Hog
02-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Go away

Mr_Tomahawk
02-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Arrowhead Pride ‏ @ArrowheadPride Close
Former Colts exec Bill Polian says he wouldn't have had a problem w/ Crennel's comments on Manning

Micjones
02-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Does Rachel Nichols ever post nudes on her Twitter?

If she does I need to start following her immediately.

O.city
02-29-2012, 03:27 PM
So if we did sign Manning, would it be before the draft?

suds79
02-29-2012, 03:28 PM

Isn't the roster bonus due sometime around march 8th? That's a guess. But it's close.

So he'll be a free agent at that time. Now how long he takes to decide? Who knows.

Mr. Laz
02-29-2012, 03:30 PM
depends on Manning's health

The clock on Manning starts on March 7th, I believe.

That's when the indy bonus is due and when they will cut him. After that teams will sign him as soon as they think he is reasonably healthy. If he is close to being able to pass a physical he might sign immediately.

O.city
02-29-2012, 03:30 PM
I'd say if he's cut, someone will sign him pretty quickly after.

suds79
02-29-2012, 03:32 PM
I'd say if he's cut, someone will sign him pretty quickly after.

I'm sure Peyton is hearing from his agent who all is interested but who is to say he doesn't take his time in deciding? Visiting teams. Seeing the contract offers. etc

Just hard to say.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
It would be ideal if he signed somewhere prior to the start of free agency.

That way you aren't missing out on any potential free agents you may want while waiting for Manning to make up his mind.

If you miss out on Manning and the 'top' (I use this loosely) free agents...then you are left finding your QB in the draft...

O.city
02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Probably so, but if I were a team, I'd be wanting to get him on board before the draft atleast.

O.city
02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
It would be ideal if he signed somewhere prior to the start of free agency.

That way you aren't missing out on any potential free agents you may want while waiting for Manning to make up his mind.

If you miss out on Manning and the 'top' (I use this loosely) free agents...then you are left finding your QB in the draft...

Yeah.

I'd be trying to get him on board if I wanted him as fast as I could. That way, if he doesn't sign with you, you still have Orton or whoever.

Mr. Laz
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
don't forget the medical part

it's going take awhile for teams to do their due diligence on Manning's health.

O.city
02-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Thats true.

I'd say you would want your medical staff to give a full runover before you pay the guy.

Micjones
02-29-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm starting to think that re-signing Orton/Drafting a QB might be the better option.
That will give us more room to sign other FA's.

Inmem58
02-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm starting to think that re-signing Orton/Drafting a QB might be the better option.

Ryan Tannehill in the 1st

Zerbie Sanders in the 2nd

Paul Soliai in free agency. Boom

Mr. Laz
02-29-2012, 03:49 PM
except that Pioli doesn't like signing a bunch of FA's

might as well spend it on Manning and just let Pioli keep drafting normally

maybe Stanzi will be ready in a few years when Manning retires or maybe another QB will be available in the draft next year etc.

I beginning to think Manning is it

a GM that doesn't believe is signing a bunch of FA's

Tons of cap room sitting there

why not spend it all on 2/3 guys(Bowe,Solai,Manning) so Pioli can just keep drafting normally and won't have the pressure of spending in FA

O.city
02-29-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm just not sold on Tannehill as some here are. I will admit, I haven't watched him a ton, but from what I have watched I wasn't overly impressed.

If you want to draft a quarterback, nut up and trade what you have to to get RGIII. It's gonna be a ton to give up but if thats what you want go get the guy.

Okie_Apparition
02-29-2012, 03:50 PM
What happened to the Lions back up FA

smittysbar
02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
I just can't get on board with Tannehill, but I would be willing to give it a try I guess.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
What happened to the Lions back up FA

His head fell off...

Okie_Apparition
02-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Did he get his hat on first
that's a plus

Micjones
02-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Ryan Tannehill in the 1st

Zerbie Sanders in the 2nd

Paul Soliai in free agency. Boom

Add some Offensive Line help in FA and we're golden.

O.city
02-29-2012, 03:57 PM

might as well spend it on Manning and just let Pioli keep drafting normally

maybe Stanzi will be ready in a few years when Manning retires or maybe another QB will be available in the draft next year etc.

I beginning to think Manning is it

a GM that doesn't believe is signing a bunch of FA's

Tons of cap room sitting there

why not spend it all on 2/3 guys(Bowe,Solai,Manning) so Pioli can just keep drafting normally and won't have the pressure of spending in FA

This.

I want a first round franchise guy as bad as anyone else. I would give up as mch as I had to but thats just tough to justify.

Bringing in Manning, Soliai and keeping Bowe at the least, then having a good draft gives you a 3 year window to get your quarterback.

Okie_Apparition
02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Creative
The Chiefs must be

Micjones
02-29-2012, 04:03 PM

We won't need a bunch of FA's.
Three solid signs at Safety (starting caliber/depth), G/T (depending on where Hudson will play) and a Nose Tackle.

Soliai
Bell
Leonhard
Tag Bowe or re-sign him.
Re-sign Orton.

That's a financially manageable off-season.
And a good one.

That puts you in a position to draft BPA for most of the Draft.
Though my #1 would probably go to Tannehill.
Or a #2 to Foles.

Fat Elvis
02-29-2012, 04:48 PM
I just can't get on board with Tannehill, but I would be willing to give it a try I guess.

No.

whoman69
02-29-2012, 05:14 PM
I just can't get by the feeling that Tannenhill is a first rounder only by virtue of the position he plays. Not a real first rounder.

Mr. Laz
02-29-2012, 05:20 PM
I just can't get by the feeling that Tannenhill is a first rounder only by virtue of the position he plays. Not a real first rounder.

he is, also on potential

His upside is pretty dam high

normally i think he would probably be a low 2nd or maybe a 3rd round pick

a projection with good upside

whoman69
02-29-2012, 08:03 PM
he is, also on potential

His upside is pretty dam high

normally i think he would probably be a low 2nd or maybe a 3rd round pick

a projection with good upside

He will not be ready for the first year. I'm not even sure its realistic to say he'd be ready after a second year. Drafting on just upside sounds like King Carl to me.

chiefzilla1501
02-29-2012, 08:14 PM
We won't need a bunch of FA's.
Three solid signs at Safety (starting caliber/depth), G/T (depending on where Hudson will play) and a Nose Tackle.

Soliai
Bell
Leonhard
Tag Bowe or re-sign him.
Re-sign Orton.

That's a financially manageable off-season.
And a good one.

That puts you in a position to draft BPA for most of the Draft.
Though my #1 would probably go to Tannehill.
Or a #2 to Foles.

Rarely do teams draft 2 QBs in the first round over a 3-4 year span. If you're going to draft a QB, you better get it right. Because it's very likely they won't draft another first rounder for a while if they draft Tannehill. I'm sorry, but I"d rather wait a year for the right QB than force our way into the wrong way right

milkman
02-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Rarely do teams draft 2 QBs in the first round over a 3-4 year span. If you're going to draft a QB, you better get it right. Because it's very likely they won't draft another first rounder for a while if they draft Tannehill. I'm sorry, but I"d rather wait a year for the right QB than force our way into the wrong way right

It was so rare because of the cost first round QBs.

With rookie slotting in place, that is no longer going to be an issue.

WhiteWhale
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
It was so rare because of the cost first round QBs.

With rookie slotting in place, that is no longer going to be an issue.

Yup.

The value of high picks for trades, however, is going to climb way up for the same reasons. There will be more teams willing to bid for that pick.

ChiefFripp
02-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Anyone else feel like Romeo made an offhand fairly obvious comment and we're all excited over nothing?

Sofa King
03-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Anyone else feel like Romeo made an offhand fairly obvious comment and we're all excited over nothing?

Nope. It's almost certain to happen now. Manning to KC

pr_capone
03-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Nope. It's almost certain to happen now. Manning to KC

http://i.imgur.com/zNjMo.jpg

Sofa King
03-02-2012, 04:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zNjMo.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wx-ZPa5TzlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thig Lyfe
03-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Romeo is our only hope.