PDA

View Full Version : RG3's footwork is ridiculous!

NIUhuskies
02-27-2012, 06:14 AM
check this video out of him preparing for the draft. Kid's feet are insane! the more i watch him the more i think this is the guy we have to go get. michael vick without the thug!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4TMlCrkgiyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dave Lane
02-27-2012, 07:06 AM
A polite / normal Michael Vick you can sign me up for that anytime.

Saccopoo
02-27-2012, 08:40 AM
check this video out of him preparing for the draft. Kid's feet are insane! the more i watch him the more i think this is the guy we have to go get.

You guys have to stop this.

There is no way that the Chiefs are going to spend what it's now going to take to get this kid or Luck at the #1 or #2 spot. Nor should they.

The hype is off the charts and a team like Washington, who has a history of pissing it away for a certain player, is going to offer up a Ricky Williams level deal for the guy who doesn't go #1 to the Colts. Maybe more.

And I understand the desperation involved with Chiefs fans and quarterbacks, but you cannot basically give away an entire draft plus on someone who has never played in the NFL, irregardless of how enticing their potential is.

It has a lot to do with being insanely lucky (a la Indianapolis with Manning going down and a bad head coach being there = a horrible season and a chance to draft one of the best QB prospects ever in Luck or New England who took a late round chance on a guy who turned out to be one of the best ever) or perpetually bad (St. Louis, who is now in the drivers seat as they have a very good, young QB in Bradford and a chance to sell a potential franchise guy to the highest bidder).

But you never know if any of these guys are going to pan out. I remember reading a Sports Illustrated draft article one year that said the Chiefs should trade up and draft Andre Ware, which would result in them winning multiple Super Bowls as the rest of the team was set.

In fact, the similarities to Ware and Griffin are really amazing, and not just for the color of their skin, which is completely irrelevant. Per Wikipedia:

(Ware would)...win the Heisman Trophy in 1989, along with the Davey O'Brien Award, the latter award given to the most outstanding college quarterback of the year. That year, his junior year, he threw for 4,699 yards, 44 touchdowns, and set 26 NCAA records.

Is Luck going to be Elway or is he going to be Blackledge? Both quality guys, smart and both put up fantastic college numbers. (Actually, the guy Luck really reminds me of is Warren Moon. Very good athleticism and size, throws a beautiful ball and has a great understanding of the position while on the field.)

The thing is, you never know. And you can't mortgage an entire draft plus on one guy that's never taken a snap in the NFL, especially when there are so many more needs. (And you might just skip over a Montana or Brady in giving away those picks.)

whoman69
02-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Stop tearing yourselves apart. Isn't going to happen. Did notice he was working out with former KC QB coach Terry Shea.

Dante84
02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
You guys have to stop this.

There is no way that the Chiefs are going to spend what it's now going to take to get this kid or Luck at the #1 or #2 spot. Nor should they.

The hype is off the charts and a team like Washington, who has a history of pissing it away for a certain player, is going to offer up a Ricky Williams level deal for the guy who doesn't go #1 to the Colts. Maybe more.

And I understand the desperation involved with Chiefs fans and quarterbacks, but you cannot basically give away an entire draft plus on someone who has never played in the NFL, irregardless of how enticing their potential is.

It has a lot to do with being insanely lucky (a la Indianapolis with Manning going down and a bad head coach being there = a horrible season and a chance to draft one of the best QB prospects ever in Luck or New England who took a late round chance on a guy who turned out to be one of the best ever) or perpetually bad (St. Louis, who is now in the drivers seat as they have a very good, young QB in Bradford and a chance to sell a potential franchise guy to the highest bidder).

But you never know if any of these guys are going to pan out. I remember reading a Sports Illustrated draft article one year that said the Chiefs should trade up and draft Andre Ware, which would result in them winning multiple Super Bowls as the rest of the team was set.

In fact, the similarities to Ware and Griffin are really amazing, and not just for the color of their skin, which is completely irrelevant. Per Wikipedia:

Is Luck going to be Elway or is he going to be Blackledge? Both quality guys, smart and both put up fantastic college numbers. (Actually, the guy Luck really reminds me of is Warren Moon. Very good athleticism and size, throws a beautiful ball and has a great understanding of the position while on the field.)

The thing is, you never know. And you can't mortgage an entire draft plus on one guy that's never taken a snap in the NFL, especially when there are so many more needs. (And you might just skip over a Montana or Brady in giving away those picks.)

Not a word.

I'm no bump.

But that "word" drives me up a fucking wall.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2012, 10:59 PM
check this video out of him preparing for the draft. Kid's feet are insane! the more i watch him the more i think this is the guy we have to go get. michael vick without the thug!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4TMlCrkgiyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This thread is just cruelty to Chief fans. Thanks a lot NIU:deevee:

O.city
02-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Would love to have the guy. I'd say Romeo would too as he likely blew him away at the combine. Just don't see it happening.

If we could somehow not have to give up as much, fine. But unloading that much is not responsible.

I'd go 2 firsts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds at the most. Maybe tag a trade as well. That's absolutely tip top.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Done deal that Cleveland trades up to take the 2nd pick and will select RGIII.

Formally not a done deal of course but no way in hell they stay with Friday Night Lights Colt McCoy when the 2nd coming of a combo Vick/Newton type of player is sitting there.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Would love to have the guy. I'd say Romeo would too as he likely blew him away at the combine. Just don't see it happening.

If we could somehow not have to give up as much, fine. But unloading that much is not responsible.

I'd go 2 firsts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds at the most. Maybe tag a trade as well. That's absolutely tip top.

Ditka mania !!!

Ace Gunner
02-28-2012, 12:14 AM
that dude is gonna lead a team to the championship

Nightfyre
02-28-2012, 01:03 AM
So much for the knock that he can't play from under center.

Tribal Warfare
02-28-2012, 01:53 AM
If KC signs Soliai, the Chiefs better try everything possible to nab RG3

suds79
02-28-2012, 07:28 AM
This has been said by others but this really needs to be clear.

It's okay to be a fan of RG3. I am. But give up on the idea that the Chiefs will somehow trade up to #2 to get him. It isn't going to happen. 0% chance. No way.

Scott doesn't want to do it. And if he did, he probably couldn't outbid what other teams with more ammo (ex: Washington, Cleveland) could give. Time to let it go boys.