PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Greatest SNL Cast Member Championship

whoman69
02-27-2012, 09:44 AM
The tough decisions need to be made. We have narrowed the field down to five from the 95 cast members in the history of SNL. There is no more multiple choice. There can be only one

Sofa King
02-27-2012, 09:44 AM
In b4 Rain Man

dilligaf
02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Glad to see Phil Hartman in there, but I had to go with Murphy. Anybody notice that 3 of the 5 are dead?

Sofa King
02-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Farley.

DMAC
02-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Farley made me laugh the most, so he gets the vote.

Extra Point
02-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Farley.

Fardly. Sofa King, you ignorant slut.

Akroyd FTW.

Sofa King
02-27-2012, 10:07 AM
How the hell is Eddie winning this?

I don't think I'd have him in my top 10....

Frazod
02-27-2012, 10:10 AM

Because he's far and away the funniest person who was ever on the show.

Finally, a poll not even the idiots of ChiefsPlanet should be able to fuck up.

DMAC
02-27-2012, 10:11 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif

L.A. Chieffan
02-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Farley gave me the most laughs, by far

L.A. Chieffan
02-27-2012, 10:17 AM

eddie was probably the most talented and had a few jaw dropping moments (check out the stevie wonder impersonation, still kills me) but i dont think he was around long enough to be the all time best

DaKCMan AP
02-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Glad to see Phil Hartman in there, but I had to go with Murphy. Anybody notice that 3 of the 5 are dead?

& all 5 careers are dead. ;)

Dartgod
02-27-2012, 10:20 AM
How in the bloody hell did Bill Murray not make the finals?

Predarat
02-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Gotta be Dan Aykroyd or John Belushi for me, this is going to be a tough one.

DMAC
02-27-2012, 10:22 AM

He is above this.

Sofa King
02-27-2012, 10:23 AM
IMO Will Ferrell is the best ever.

He carried that whole show when there was no one else worth a shit.

luv
02-27-2012, 10:36 AM

No kidding. I voted Belushi.

Phobia
02-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Farley gave me the most laughs, by far

Same for me. But I acknowledge I didn't get many episodes in prior to the early 90's so perhaps the earlier guys were more deserving of a vote. But mine has to go to Farley.

Fritz88
02-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Farley you fuckers.

Great Expectations
02-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Tons of talent at SNL, I've always thought Dana Carvey was the best due to his versatility.

I picked Hartman to represent this group.

Graystoke
02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Hartman was the best all a rounder. Great Utility man.
He gets my vote

mlyonsd
02-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I went with Akroyd. Looks like I'm in the minority.

Rain Man
02-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Tons of talent at SNL, I've always thought Dana Carvey was the best due to his versatility.

I picked Hartman to represent this group.

I agree on Dana Carvey. I don't think he beats Murphy, but he and Hartman would duke it out for the #2 spot.

Huffmeister
02-27-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree on Dana Carvey. I don't think he beats Murphy, but he and Hartman would duke it out for the #2 spot.

Yeah, I think the only reason Hartman comes out on top for me is because he was the complete package. He could play goofy, he could play characters, he could do slapstick, he could do supporting, he could do impressions. But he could also play a good straight man (like a game show host, or the father in the Matt Foley sketch), which Carvey could never really do.

VikesFan
02-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Tough choice between Dan, Chris, and John, I voted for Chris

Mile High Mania
02-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Hartman was the most versatile of them all, I believe.

Phobia
02-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Hartman was the most versatile of them all, I believe.

I agree with that. He was incredible. But he never had me laughing uncontrollably like Farley did. But much respect to Hartman. He's definitely top 3 in my book.

Frazod
02-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Because he's far and away the funniest person who was ever on the show.

Finally, a poll not even the idiots of ChiefsPlanet should be able to fuck up.

I stand corrected. I'll never again dare to underestimate the fucking idiocy of this place. :shake:

Deberg_1990
02-27-2012, 01:18 PM
That late 80's/early 90's SNL is still my fave to this day.

Farley, Hartman, Carvey, Dunn, Spade, Sandler, Rock, Myers, Hooks, Meadows, Miller, Nealon, etc.....

Just great stuff.

Phobia
02-27-2012, 01:28 PM
I stand corrected. I'll never again dare to underestimate the ****ing idiocy of this place. :shake:

I already gave you the reason for me. Might be a lot of other people in the same boat. Murphy was only a cast member 2 years in the early 80's. I was 10. Farley was on the show 5 years and Hartman almost double that.

Frazod
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
I already gave you the reason for me. Might be a lot of other people in the same boat. Murphy was only a cast member 2 years in the early 80's. I was 10. Farley was on the show 5 years and Hartman almost double that.

I guess by that logic, Keanu Reeves is a better actor than James Dean because he made more movies and they were recent.

I just... fuck. I give up.

FAX
02-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Wow. That's surprising. I was way out of the mainstream.

I had to vote for the man who invented the "Bass-O-Matic", "The General Tron Secret Police Confession Kit", and the ever-popular, "Bag O' Glass".

FAX

Predarat
02-27-2012, 01:54 PM
John Belushi still in it, Aykroyd not, John Belushi gets my vote.

Great Expectations
02-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Farley's best is better than Dana's or Phil's best, but he didn't have the volume of those other guys. Farley is kind of like Mark McGuire while Dana is like Babe Ruth and Phil is Hank Aaron.

loochy
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Farley's best is better than Dana's or Phil's best, but he didn't have the volume of those other guys. Farley is kind of like Mark McGuire while Dana is like Babe Ruth and Phil is Hank Aaron.

OK, but who gets to be Jim Eisenreich?

whoman69
02-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Memory playing tricks on you. Murphy was on the show 4 years. If its simply longevity then Hammond was on the show 14 years. There's a reason people leave the show, because their career outside the show is ready to take off. Many of the people who were on the show the longest never had their career take off from Tim Meadows to Kevin Nealon to Chris Parnell. Chevy Chase was on the show one full year and part of another because he was ready to hit it big in Hollywood. Several times they have fired the entire cast to start again. They did that three times in the 80s, the last time being because the names on the show were too big and they couldn't afford them anymore.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Hartman was the broadest talent, and very good at everything.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-27-2012, 02:39 PM
FWIW I think a lot of people cannot seperate movie Chris Farley from SNL Chris Farley. For the sole purpose of SNL, Farley was not spectacular. His movies were the crown of his career.

whoman69
02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm going to repeat my problem with Chris Farley winning this. He was a blue collar everyman that was extremly talented, but just went too hard. The difference between him and Belushi is that Belushi was the biggest star of the show for most of his era despite having a very talented cast. Farley was never the biggest star of SNL or even third best. He was the younger kid brother to everyone on that cast that always got into trouble. When I first watched Beverly Hills Ninja, I was expecting very little. He nailed it. I don't think people are going to be lining up in 20 years to get a 30th anniversary version of it. Tommy Boy and Black Sheep are both funny but essentially the same movie.

whoman69
02-27-2012, 02:46 PM

Hmm, a guy who was around a long time but was never an all-Star. Fred Armisen.

Rain Man
02-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Farley? Really?

The guy was funny, no doubt about it, and he had some great characters with the motivational speaker and the chippendales guy, but Eddie Murphy ruled the universe during his era.

His documentary about becoming a white guy was one of the funniest things I've seen on that show, not to mention his prison poet ("The watchdog barking. Do he bite? Kill my landlord, kill my landlord."), Gumby, Mr. Robinson's neighborhood, etc.

One of the funniest lines I ever heard on SNL came from Murphy on some mundane skit. A group of them were on a boat at Disney on the "It's a Small World" ride. The ride stopped and they were surrounded by hundreds of tiny dolls with the song repeating over and over. At some point Murphy jumped off the boat and is standing in waist-deep water with all of the little dolls behind him and the high-pitched singing, and he hunches down and says something like, "Reminds me of 'nam". It was so out of context with the rest of the skit that it made me guffaw.

DonkyPuncher
02-27-2012, 02:57 PM
I miss Farley, im sure by now he would have made plenty more comedies if he were still here

Great Expectations
02-27-2012, 02:57 PM

Robert Downey Jr

Phobia
02-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Memory playing tricks on you. Murphy was on the show 4 years. If its simply longevity then Hammond was on the show 14 years. There's a reason people leave the show, because their career outside the show is ready to take off. Many of the people who were on the show the longest never had their career take off from Tim Meadows to Kevin Nealon to Chris Parnell. Chevy Chase was on the show one full year and part of another because he was ready to hit it big in Hollywood. Several times they have fired the entire cast to start again. They did that three times in the 80s, the last time being because the names on the show were too big and they couldn't afford them anymore.

Link I looked at said Murphy was a regular cast member 2 years. I'm not suggesting longevity means anything other than more skits and exposure and opportunities to hit a homerun.

Phobia
02-27-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm going to repeat my problem with Chris Farley winning this. He was a blue collar everyman that was extremly talented, but just went too hard. The difference between him and Belushi is that Belushi was the biggest star of the show for most of his era despite having a very talented cast. Farley was never the biggest star of SNL or even third best. He was the younger kid brother to everyone on that cast that always got into trouble. When I first watched Beverly Hills Ninja, I was expecting very little. He nailed it. I don't think people are going to be lining up in 20 years to get a 30th anniversary version of it. Tommy Boy and Black Sheep are both funny but essentially the same movie.

We're considering contributions to entertainment outside of SNL? Or are you just rambling on and on about whatever?

FAX
02-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Farley? Really?

The guy was funny, no doubt about it, and he had some great characters with the motivational speaker and the chippendales guy, but Eddie Murphy ruled the universe during his era.

His documentary about becoming a white guy was one of the funniest things I've seen on that show, not to mention his prison poet ("The watchdog barking. Do he bite? Kill my landlord, kill my landlord."), Gumby, Mr. Robinson's neighborhood, etc.

One of the funniest lines I ever heard on SNL came from Murphy on some mundane skit. A group of them were on a boat at Disney on the "It's a Small World" ride. The ride stopped and they were surrounded by hundreds of tiny dolls with the song repeating over and over. At some point Murphy jumped off the boat and is standing in waist-deep water with all of the little dolls behind him and the high-pitched singing, and he hunches down and says something like, "Reminds me of 'nam". It was so out of context with the rest of the skit that it made me guffaw.

He was great. No doubt about it.

I have a CD of some old SNL skits that feature Murphy. The best one in my opinion is James Brown singing the "Hot Tub" song. I now sing that song every time I take a bath and it makes bath time much more enjoyable for the entire family.

FAX

cdcox
02-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Let's see if any one can finish this quote. It was one of the lines we always quoted back in the day, but evidently it wasn't very memorable to other people since I can't find it on the internet. I'm pretty sure it was a recurring skit:

"We drive up and down the boulevard, all day and all night in ....

whoman69
02-27-2012, 05:11 PM
We're considering contributions to entertainment outside of SNL? Or are you just rambling on and on about whatever?

Inside or outside SNL, Farley was never the biggest star. Pick one.

BTW, the link you have sucks for Murphy. Straight from the SNL archives.

http://snl.jt.org/cast.php?i=EdMu

Phobia
02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Okay, concede Murphy's tenure.

But 30% of the people have chosen Farley. That suggests he is the biggest star at least from this list and according to ChiefsPlanet dorks.

Rain Man
02-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Let's see if any one can finish this quote. It was one of the lines we always quoted back in the day, but evidently it wasn't very memorable to other people since I can't find it on the internet. I'm pretty sure it was a recurring skit:

"...my father's 1963 Rambler"?

"...search of our next victim"?

"...a drunken haze"?

"...peace and harmony"?

"...Santa Monica"?

"...NASA-surplus space suits"?

"...relative obscurity"?

Okay, I admit it. I'm shooting in the dark here.

CoMoChief
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Farley ....I've watched all of them......Farley is the only one that made me cry because I was laughing so hard. a lof that was his fatness and wild out of control behavior so he's not the most "flexible" in the roles he can play, but he's the funniest by far.

VikesFan
02-27-2012, 06:23 PM
What CoMoChief said, not suprising to see Chris Farley in the lead

Easy 6
02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Tough, tough call... but its gotta be Farley.

Mosbonian
02-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Farley.....Chris Farley?

Geez....I've watched SNL forever, from the beginning with the original crew to sadly, what passes for late Saturday night entertainment these days.

I swear someone is signing in under mults to stack the deck.

Farley's not even in the top 20 SNL players....

JD10367
02-27-2012, 08:48 PM
The fact that Chris Farley is leading this competition tells me three things:

1) Most people have no actual understanding of true humor
2) Most people are young
3) Most people are fucking stupid

Chris Farley was nothing but a fatass who yelled a lot. Aykroyd has more talent in his left nutsack than Farley had in his whole body.

You all deserve to eat a Bag Of Glass.

http://www.jerryzeinfeld.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/dan-akroyd-bag-of-glass.png

Great Expectations
02-27-2012, 08:58 PM
How many of the people who picked Dan, Eddie, and John would pick Phil over Chris?

RJ
02-27-2012, 09:31 PM

I think it's an age thing. Looks like Farley will win and he wouldn't make my top 10. But if I were twenty years younger I might view it differently.

Easy 6
02-27-2012, 10:04 PM

2) Most people are young
3) Most people are ****ing stupid

Chris Farley was nothing but a fatass who yelled a lot. Aykroyd has more talent in his left nutsack than Farley had in his whole body.

http://www.jerryzeinfeld.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/dan-akroyd-bag-of-glass.png

Farleys pure heart & perfect delivery puts him on par with his idol John Belushi, if this wasnt brilliant enough for you nothing is...

<embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=364210,t=1,mt=video,ap=" width="480" height="415" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed> <div style="font-size:0.9em;">
<a href="http://vodpod.com/watch/866615-chris-farley-japanese-game-show">Chris Farley - Japanese Game Show</a>
- Watch more <a href="http://vodpod.com/funny">Funny Videos</a> at <a href="http://vodpod.com">Vodpod</a>.</div>

whoman69
02-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Its time to call this thing. Personally I think its like naming Ringo the greatest Beattle, but the Champion is Chris Farley, by a considerable margin.

Dartgod
02-28-2012, 10:15 AM
What a fucking joke. Farley getting more votes than Belushi and Akroyd combined?

:facepalm:

http://jazzinphoto.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/dan-aykroyd-john-belushi.jpg

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Another poll the voters got right.

Good job all around people. Good job.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Its time to call this thing. Personally I think its like naming Ringo the greatest Beattle, but the Champion is Chris Farley, by a considerable margin.

More like naming Mickey Dolenz as the greatest Beatle. :shake:

Micjones
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Farley in a landslide over Murphy, Aykroyd, Hartman and Belushi?
:rolleyes:

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
In a few years, we'll be saying, "Remember that time that Chris Farley was named the greatest SNL cast member ever?" And someone will say "Yeah". And then we'll say, "Um, that was cool."

I figured this whole thing was a fight for second place after Eddie Murphy, and he came in fourth. I'm amazed. Utterly amazed.

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Do you suppose the parents of the people that voted for guys like Dan Aykroyd weeped for their child's future as much as these guys weep for the future of people who voted for guys like Farley?

Frazod
02-28-2012, 10:39 AM
In a few years, we'll be saying, "Remember that time that Chris Farley was named the greatest SNL cast member ever?" And someone will say "Yeah". And then we'll say, "Um, that was cool."

I figured this whole thing was a fight for second place after Eddie Murphy, and he came in fourth. I'm amazed. Utterly amazed.

As I said before, I'll never underestimate the idiocy of this place again.

If you truly believe that Chris Farley is funnier than Eddie Murphy, find the nearest woodchipper and stick your fucking head in it.

L.A. Chieffan
02-28-2012, 10:46 AM
As I said before, I'll never underestimate the idiocy of this place again.

If you truly believe that Chris Farley is funnier than Eddie Murphy, find the nearest woodchipper and stick your fucking head in it.

eddie murphy now....or 1982?

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
eddie murphy now....or 1982?

Chris Farley now is funnier than Eddie Murphy now.

Micjones
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Murphy now is still funnier than Farley ever was.
No amount of shitty movies can change that fact.

L.A. Chieffan
02-28-2012, 10:54 AM

sorry man, 80's eddie was probably the best comedian decade of all time but since about 1990 the dude has fell off the cliff

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Now you're just trolling.....

http://www.meetnorbit.com/images/norbit_poster.jpg

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/Tommy_Boy.jpg/220px-Tommy_Boy.jpg

vailpass
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Norbit was funnier than hell.

vailpass
02-28-2012, 11:01 AM

2) Most people are young
3) Most people are ****ing stupid

Pretty much this. Farley was damn funny in his one-dimensional way. Murphy blew Farley's doors off. Belushi & Ackroyd were the original and the best.

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Norbit was funnier than hell.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/545/OpoQQ.jpg

vailpass
02-28-2012, 11:05 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/545/OpoQQ.jpg

I can't help it, Eddi Murphy's various characters crack me up. Nutty Professor made me laugh, Coming to America killed me, I can't help it.

mlyonsd
02-28-2012, 11:06 AM
What really surprises me is the margin Farley won by.

vailpass
02-28-2012, 11:09 AM
What really surprises me is the margin Farley won by.

True. Can we get this to be an open poll to see who voted how? Curious about the age demographic.

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Chris Farley now is funnier than Eddie Murphy now.

I'll admit that his impression of John Belushi is spot on.

Micjones
02-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Now you're just trolling.....

http://www.meetnorbit.com/images/norbit_poster.jpg

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/Tommy_Boy.jpg/220px-Tommy_Boy.jpg

A shitty film isn't the measure of a comedian's worth.
Come on.

loochy
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM

vs

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1010/268668.1010.A.jpg

Oh wait, it was the same movie

vailpass
02-28-2012, 11:22 AM

vs

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1010/268668.1010.A.jpg

Oh wait, it was the same movie

Yeah, Farley's character was funny but his range was very limited.

mlyonsd
02-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Farley's character was funny but his range was very limited.No fricking way could he sell the Super Bass-o-matic 76.

vailpass
02-28-2012, 11:45 AM
No fricking way could he sell the Super Bass-o-matic 76.

Farley you ignorant slut

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 11:46 AM
A shitty film isn't the measure of a comedian's worth.
Come on.

You just said Eddie Murphy now... Norbit is the kind of terrible shit Eddie is making now...

It's a perfect example...

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Dressing Eddie up in a fat suit in every movie he makes = range?

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
No fricking way could he sell the Super Bass-o-matic 76.

No way could Dan Aykroyd play Haru in Beverly Hills Ninja and have it be nearly as funny either.

vailpass
02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Dressing Eddie up in a fat suit in every movie he makes = range?

Fat suit is all Farley had. Very damn funny schtick but nowhere near the range of Ackroyd. You aren't arguing that are you?

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Fat suit is all Farley had. Very damn funny schtick but nowhere near the range of Ackroyd. You aren't arguing that are you?

Aykroyd's got range for sure. And he would be in my top 3-4 no doubt.

Micjones
02-28-2012, 11:56 AM
You just said Eddie Murphy now... Norbit is the kind of terrible shit Eddie is making now...

It's a perfect example...

I also said those films say very little about how funny Murphy, himself, is.
He's still a hilarious comedian. He's just languishing in Hollywood Hell.

Nobody measures the worth of an actor by a shitty film.
Why on Earth do we size comedians up that way?

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 11:58 AM
I also said those films say very little about how funny Murphy, himself, is.
He's still a hilarious comedian. He's just languishing in Hollywood Hell.

Nobody measures the worth of an actor by a shitty film.
Why on Earth do we size comedians up that way?

I haven't seen him do stand up in a long time.

It would be awesome if some of these guys got together and did a "kings of comedy" type show.

Mosbonian
02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
No way could Dan Aykroyd play Haru in Beverly Hills Ninja and have it be nearly as funny either.

Nah...instead he played in a comedy classic like Ghostbusters and played a straight guy who was hilarious.

Farley's one-dimensional persona has been talked about enough. I doubt he could have gone on and played a serious role like Aykroyd did in a couple of movies.

To mention Farley in the same breath as Aykroyd, Belushi and even Murphy when it comes to SNL is a travesty.

To be honest....Farley was more John Candy than anything else.

Micjones
02-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Nah...instead he played in a comedy classic like Ghostbusters and played a straight guy who was hilarious.

Farley's one-dimensional persona has been talked about enough. I doubt he could have gone on and played a serious role like Aykroyd did in a couple of movies.

To mention Farley in the same breath as Aykroyd, Belushi and even Murphy when it comes to SNL is a travesty.

To be honest....Farley was more John Candy than anything else.

He wasn't even as talented as John Candy.

vailpass
02-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Do any of you get/listen to Elwood's House of Blues radio show? Ackroyd's weekly radio show, plays the real stuff and knows what he's talking about. Great show if you like the music.

whoman69
02-28-2012, 12:06 PM
When he was on SNL, Farley was on the cast with the following:

Dana Carvey
Mike Myers
Chris Rock
Phil Hartman
Adam Sandler
David Spade

I would consider every one of them bigger stars than Farley when they were on the show. I would say that every one of them had a bigger career outside of the show than Chris Farley. I'm not even sure that Kevin Nealon, Rob Schneider and Norm MacDonald were bigger stars on the show and after.

vailpass
02-28-2012, 12:08 PM

Dana Carvey
Mike Myers
Chris Rock
Phil Hartman
Adam Sandler
David Spade

I would consider every one of them bigger stars than Farley when they were on the show. I would say that every one of them had a bigger career outside of the show than Chris Farley. I'm not even sure that Kevin Nealon, Rob Schneider and Norm MacDonald were bigger stars on the show and after.

Agreed though in fairness it should probably be noted that Farley's career may have gone on to higher grounds had his heart not exploded like a balloon at the end of a fire hose.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Fardly. Sofa King, you ignorant slut.

Akroyd FTW.

I agree Farley wasn't that funny, Akroyd was probably the best.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Do any of you get/listen to Elwood's House of Blues radio show? Ackroyd's weekly radio show, plays the real stuff and knows what he's talking about. Great show if you like the music.

It's now called Elwood's Blues Mobile btw... which I find really dumb. Good show though.

vailpass
02-28-2012, 12:59 PM
It's now called Elwood's Blues Mobile btw... which I find really dumb. Good show though.

Yes, thanks. I guess they had to go with the digital/mobile thing but I refuse to acknowledge that handle. I like the show though, right up there with the Alice Cooper show and Dee Snyder's House of Hair.

Phobia
02-28-2012, 01:32 PM

Dana Carvey
Mike Myers
Chris Rock
Phil Hartman
Adam Sandler
David Spade

You should have rigged the poll.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Folks must really love that van down by the river sketch...

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 01:40 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uhdDeWNvvTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 01:42 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rLA3cdUt5to" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX
02-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Folks must really love that van down by the river sketch...

I guess so ...

I, for one, am troubled by this unforeseen outcome.

FAX

whoman69
02-28-2012, 02:30 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rLA3cdUt5to" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why was that video backwards?

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 02:32 PM

Try turning your chair around.

Sofa King
02-28-2012, 02:36 PM

Watch it in a mirror.

Actually, it's to avoid copyright violations.

cdcox
02-28-2012, 02:46 PM

No one remembers this skit, huh?

"... big cars that ride close to ground."

It was a bunch of low riders complaining about the price of gas. The skit basically consisted of them saying that line about every minute or two.

DJJasonp
02-28-2012, 03:02 PM
In all rounds, I based my votes on who made me laugh, who had the best skits/characters...

I did not include movies or post-SNL career.

I'm old enough to remember watching the original cast......and I still randomly watch SNL today.

I realize there is a lot of nostalgia for the original cast........but (to me) the skits just dont stand up over time like some of the other time-periods/casts do.

ANd if I had to pick one from original cast, it would have to be Ackroyd.

Murphy, Ferrel, Myers, Hartman, Ackroyd.....and Short as honorable mention

JD10367
02-28-2012, 06:02 PM

Dana Carvey
Mike Myers
Chris Rock
Phil Hartman
Adam Sandler
David Spade

I would agree. Carvey's Church Lady was a bigger and better character than anything Farley did. Mike Myers gave us Austin Powers. Both of them gave us Wayne's World. Chris Rock's standup is great. Hartman had promise (before his wife killed him). Sandler's resume is too big to even get into (from Happy Gilmore to "The Hanukkah Song"). Spade is probably the weakest link in that group... and I'd still put him higher than Farley.

the Talking Can
02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Farley in a landslide over Murphy, Aykroyd, Hartman and Belushi?
:rolleyes:

this is so retarded i can't even muster an aids tree

Farley over Belushi?

jesus retard christ....that's like saying Brittney Spears is better than Madonna, or to be more manly that Dilfer is better than Elway...

jesus retarded fucking christ

Cannibal
02-29-2012, 05:45 PM

Farley over Belushi?

jesus retard christ....that's like saying Brittney Spears is better than Madonna, or to be more manly that Dilfer is better than Elway...

jesus retarded ****ing christ

I like Farley alot, but to put him over Hartman is assinine as well.

Guru
02-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Farley beat out Hartman and Belushi? Fail

Cannibal
02-29-2012, 05:49 PM
It's probably a gernerational issue. Could also be a Midwest issue.

Rain Man
02-29-2012, 06:06 PM

Farley over Belushi?

jesus retarded ****ing christ

In fairness, Elway was statistically a very mediocre quarterback. Let me dig through my stats here and I'll show you.

Rain Man
02-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Actually, in their first ten years as players, Dilfer had more seasons with QB ratings above 80 than Elway did, and Dilfer was the only one of the two with a season over a 90.

Mojo Jojo
02-29-2012, 07:11 PM
This poll is pure fail...Farley doesn't belong with most of the others on the list...what a bunch of losers voted for him.