BoneKrusher
02-27-2012, 08:49 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/

sorry if repost.

ChiefsandO'sfan
02-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Brooke Baldwin‏@BrookeBCNNReply
Retweet

Oh god... one person has died as a result of this shooting according to police chief. #prayers

BoneKrusher
02-27-2012, 12:46 PM
i saw an interview with a couple of those kids on fox news this morning and they seemed to think this all started over a tweet yesterday.

that one tweet last night was a threat which said people were gonna get hurt today.

Deberg_1990
02-27-2012, 12:48 PM
I blame all the violent video games kids are playing these days.

FAX
02-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Damn. I hate this crap.

In New York, there are schools (including some elementary and middle levels) with metal detectors installed at the entrances for the protection of the students and faculty. I couldn't believe it had come to that, but I saw it with my own two eyes. Maybe it's a good idea for every school, though. Unreal.

What is going on with this stuff? Is it the media? Is it the water? is it the parents? When I was in school, everybody had access to guns. Hell, there were guns everywhere. Kids had guns in their cars and trucks when they parked. You couldn't swing a cat without hitting a 12-guage. Nobody ever got shot, though. I don't get it.

FAX

BoneKrusher
02-27-2012, 12:59 PM
i hear ya man, when i went to school we had problems also but we settled our arguments with our fist.
we didn't need guns.

a lot of us got our pride hurt but we all lived.

LiL stumppy
02-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Damn. I hate this crap.

In New York, there are schools (including some elementary and middle levels) with metal detectors installed at the entrances for the protection of the students and faculty. I couldn't believe it had come to that, but I saw it with my own two eyes. Maybe it's a good idea for every school, though. Unreal.

What is going on with this stuff? Is it the media? Is it the water? is it the parents? When I was in school, everybody had access to guns. Hell, there were guns everywhere. Kids had guns in their cars and trucks when they parked. You couldn't swing a cat without hitting a 12-guage. Nobody ever got shot, though. I don't get it.

FAX

You can't fight anymore. You get in a lot of trouble.

Not to complain or be a litle baby, but it's a tough generation to be in highschool or a younger kid, a lot of un wanted stress and pressures.

Bwana
02-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, at least they caught the little prick.

TheGuardian
02-27-2012, 01:26 PM

Not to complain or be a litle baby, but it's a tough generation to be in highschool or a younger kid, a lot of un wanted stress and pressures.

True.

When I was growing up you fought all the time. No one ever died, and in fact it usually formed respect and friendships. Now kids can't bully or fight or hit or they will go to jail. So instead it all just builds up, and then someone snaps.

Fucked up but true.

lewdog
02-27-2012, 01:28 PM
When I was pissed off I would just go fishing.

I guess what I am saying is these kids just need some fishing lessons.

LiL stumppy
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
True.

When I was growing up you fought all the time. No one ever died, and in fact it usually formed respect and friendships. Now kids can't bully or fight or hit or they will go to jail. So instead it all just builds up, and then someone snaps.

Fucked up but true.

Yea it doesn't bold well for a schitzo kid..

When I was in high school, if you were 17 or 18 you were charged with assault, and got 3 days OSS, with a court date and what not..

lewdog
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
But seriously, you can't fight anymore. Kids get expelled for shit like that, not even suspended first! Pretty dumb if you ask me.

BillSelfsTrophycase
02-27-2012, 01:31 PM
i hear ya man, when i went to school we had problems also but we settled our arguments with our fist.
we didn't need guns.

a lot of us got our pride hurt but we all lived.

Absolutely this

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T6-fskZimu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoneKrusher
02-27-2012, 01:32 PM

yep a good stress reliever.
but in today's world could the kids of today put down their video games and cel phones long enough to go fishing?

Zeke
02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
fist fights let out that pent up aggression, and also put kids in their place that needed it. Nowadays, kids can say anything they want because they know if anyone tries to fight them over their stupidity, they have protection. Kids sit on the internet and talk **** all day long because that's what society has taught them to do.

philfree
02-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Damn. I hate this crap.

FAX

I might get blasted but it couldn't have anything to do with kids shooting and killing animated peoples on there X Boxes non stop from the time there old enough to use a controller could it?

FAX
02-27-2012, 01:39 PM

Maybe that's it. Maybe it's just pent-up frustration and rage with no available outlet. There are, however, things like boxing and wrassling and screwing and painting with water colors and jigsaw puzzles and other activities that can help, though.

I don't know ... I get the feeling it's a cultural deal. I've been working from home a lot the last few weeks and I sometimes turn the TV on for noise/company. One of the shows I've seen is this deal called "The First 48", or something like that. It's basically a reality show where cops chase down murderers. It struck me that so many of these people are resolving every imaginable conflict with guns ... in every town ... and in every episode. Now, it's true that most of these crimes seem to occur in some pretty bad, inner-city neighborhoods, but it's amazing to me that these people will shoot somebody over anything ... it's drugs sometimes ... or money ... and, of course, women ... but it's also absurd conflict over shoes or parking spaces or simply verbal arguments about nothing in particular that get out of hand.

Somewhere along the line, it seems like certain sub-cultures in America have devolved into freaking animals, man. It's sad. Sad and stupid.

FAX

tooge
02-27-2012, 01:39 PM
I think alot of it has to do with basic parenting. Teaching your kid to not bully, stand up for kids getting bullied, that type of thing. Simply asking how school was and communicating with your kid about school, friends, etc. should reveal any red flags. Then as a parent, you should talk to your kid about the right way to handle some of these things. If nothing else, it would give a kid that feels alone another person of some authority to talk to. I'm guessing the shooter doesn't have a great child/parent rapport.

Fish
02-27-2012, 01:43 PM
I might get blasted but it couldn't have anything to do with kids shooting and killing animated peoples on there X Boxes non stop from the time there old enough to use a controller could it?

Well.... 30 years ago kids were running around with guns made out of sticks imagining the same types of make believe gunfights... Shoot em games on XBox are simply a natural evolution of cowboys and indians. Kids aren't behaving worse than generations past simply because there are video games available.

FAX
02-27-2012, 01:43 PM

You won't get blasted from me, Mr. philfree.

For all I know, that could very well be a contributing factor. Probably more complicated than that, though ... since most kids play the hell out of video games and never kill any real people.

Still, there is a problem ... as we all know. I had friends whose kids went to Columbine. That wasn't a bad school or bad neighborhood at all. Sometimes kids just go nuts, I guess, and there's nobody around to help them get back on track.

I'll say this, though. There's no way in hell that a child of mine is going to be able to go to school with a gun. How does that part happen? Who's paying attention to that behavior?

FAX

FAX
02-27-2012, 01:45 PM
I think alot of it has to do with basic parenting. Teaching your kid to not bully, stand up for kids getting bullied, that type of thing. Simply asking how school was and communicating with your kid about school, friends, etc. should reveal any red flags. Then as a parent, you should talk to your kid about the right way to handle some of these things. If nothing else, it would give a kid that feels alone another person of some authority to talk to. I'm guessing the shooter doesn't have a great child/parent rapport.

I think that's very right, Mr. tooge.

Kids walking around with guns? Building bombs in their rooms or the garage? And the parents are simply .... unaware? Not good.

FAX

BoneKrusher
02-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Update:
Three students dead.

FAX
02-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Update:
Three students dead.

I can't find very much information about the shooter in the news. I see vague references to his "troubled past" and something about how he lives with this grandmother and told friends he was going to do this. Apparently, he was enrolled at some after-school program for troubled kids.

Broken home? Victim of abuse? I know that some kids just seem to be born evil ... maybe that's the case.

Whatever, it sure seems strange that grandma was allowing him to march around with a handgun.

FAX

BoneKrusher
02-28-2012, 02:37 PM
I can't find very much information about the shooter in the news. I see vague references to his "troubled past" and something about how he lives with this grandmother and told friends he was going to do this. Apparently, he was enrolled at some after-school program for troubled kids.

Broken home? Victim of abuse? I know that some kids just seem to be born evil ... maybe that's the case.

Whatever, it sure seems strange that grandma was allowing him to march around with a handgun.

FAX

i know man.
i just watched the hearing on cnn and he said he stole the gun from his Uncle.

no photos were allowed of him, they did show his Grandpa and an Aunt who were there.

it's such a sad thing for all involved.

Phobia
02-28-2012, 02:49 PM
But, but he was such a nice guy. FOX4 in KC keeps running that quote on their website. Obviously, he wasn't a very nice guy.

BoneKrusher
02-28-2012, 03:07 PM
But, but he was such a nice guy. FOX4 in KC keeps running that quote on their website. Obviously, he wasn't a very nice guy.

i agree, he wasn't very Nice, he had issues.

ChiefsLV
02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with how out of hand bullying has gotten in schools. I think cyber bullying has raised it to a new level. Not only do kids get to deal with the physical/verbal assaults at schools but now they are getting bullied in the social media realm too which publicizes it amongst more of their classmates further adding to the shame. Look at all the kids who have been committing suicide lately many being attributed to bullying.

Deberg_1990
02-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Another alienated, social outcast.....im shocked.

RockChalk
02-28-2012, 04:16 PM
The details on this seem to be coming along at a slow rate. Maybe I've missed this, but were the kids he shot athletes/popular? All I've heard is that they used to be friends in middle school, but went their own ways.

BoneKrusher
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
The details on this seem to be coming along at a slow rate. Maybe I've missed this, but were the kids he shot athletes/popular? All I've heard is that they used to be friends in middle school, but went their own ways.

Yeah not much coming out on this but it came out at the hearing today that he just chose a random table where the four guys were sitting but yesterday a couple of the students that cnn interviewed were saying he had made a threat on sunday from his tweeter account that people were gonna get hurt.

BIG_DADDY
02-28-2012, 04:32 PM

I am very proud of my son for many reasons but if you were to ask him what I am the most proud of he would say being a good person and sticking up for kids who are not capable of doing it for themself.

Aries Walker
02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
I wonder where he got the gun.

RockChalk
02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
I wonder where he got the gun.

Stole it from his Uncle

JD10367
02-28-2012, 04:45 PM

My eyesight's bad, and I read, "When I was pissed off I would just go fisting." I thought, "Whoa! I'd hate to be that person he's taking his anger out on!" :D

Saulbadguy
02-28-2012, 05:19 PM
"kids these days"

ROFL

chiefzilla1501
02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Man, a lot of shit probably explains it.
I'm sure in this idiotic reality TV world we live in, deep down, someone like this knows that they can make a big scene in a big way in ways they could have never done even 20 years ago
I'm sure it has a lot to do with bullying, which just seems to keep getting worse and worse. I'd have to think a lot of that has to do with the pussification of disciplining children who bully, but also that bullying surrounds you. It's not like the old days where you can go home and take refuge. Now, you get text messages, tweets, facebook comments, etc... Your social life doesn't end at school.

Unfortunate story, really.

Brock
02-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Some dumbass didn't secure his firearm. the end.

FAX
02-28-2012, 06:19 PM

Looks like it. If you're wacky, emotionally damaged nephew can steal your handgun, you are an irresponsible fool.

I imagine that Uncle Dumbass will be speaking to a judge sometime soon.

FAX

Brock
02-28-2012, 06:21 PM
In before "well I leave guns laying around all over my house and my kids blah blah blah", yeah, you're a dumbass too.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 06:38 PM

I'm guessing the whole concept of theft is lost on you.

Would you feel better if he'd murdered everybody with a stolen butcher knife? SHIT, SOME DUMBASS DIDN'T LOCK UP HIS KNIFE DRAWER! :rolleyes:

Brock
02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm guessing the whole concept of theft is lost on you.

Would you feel better if he'd murdered everybody with a stolen butcher knife? SHIT, SOME DUMBASS DIDN'T LOCK UP HIS KNIFE DRAWER! :rolleyes:

I guess you missed the part about "securing your firearm". If it's secured, it's pretty goddamn unlikely to be stolen.

How many people do you think you can kill with a butcher knife in a school cafeteria before somebody takes it away from you? Probably not 4 people.

jspchief
02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I used to think the concept of tv and video games corrupting was silly.

But now I think that desensitization could be a plausible factor. Kids aren't horrified by extreme violence anymore, they're entertained.

I also agree that social media is a venue to make bullying that much more relentless.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I guess you missed the part about "securing your firearm". If it's secured, it's pretty goddamn unlikely to be stolen.

How many people do you think you can kill with a butcher knife in a school cafeteria before somebody takes it away from you? Probably not 4 people.

Yeah, if somebody breaks into my house, I'll tell them, "Hey, I've got a gun, but it's in my safe. Would you might giving me a minute while I get it out and load it before you start shooting me and raping my wife? Thanks!"

And someone who knows what they're doing could have killed a lot more than four people with a knife, which tends not to make much noise when used. But of course, that never happens. I forgot that nobody ever fucking died before guns were invented.

Saulbadguy
02-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I used to think the concept of tv and video games corrupting was silly.

But now I think that desensitization could be a plausible factor. Kids aren't horrified by extreme violence anymore, they're entertained.

I also agree that social media is a venue to make bullying that much more relentless.

Disagree. Real violence is still terrifying.

Brock
02-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah, if somebody breaks into my house, I'll tell them, "Hey, I've got a gun, but it's in my safe. Would you might giving me a minute while I get it out and load it before you start shooting me and raping my wife? Thanks!"

And someone who knows what they're doing could have killed a lot more than four people with a knife, which tends not to make much noise when used. But of course, that never happens. I forgot that nobody ever fucking died before guns were invented.

We're talking about a teenager here, not a fucking green beret.

And frankly, I don't care if a guy who doesn't have kids around leaves guns laying around wherever he wants to in his own house. If you have kids around, and you don't secure your firearms, you're a dumbass.

jspchief
02-28-2012, 06:56 PM

And frankly, I don't care if a guy who doesn't have kids around leaves guns laying around wherever he wants to in his own house. If you have kids around, and you don't secure your firearms, you're a dumbass.

I tend to agree. The odds of children doing something dumb with you gun are much higher than the odds of you ever needing to get into a firefight with an intruder. At least where I live.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM

Good thing teenagers never stab each other, eh?

And I don't know what the circumstances were, but I seriously doubt that the guy left the gun loaded on the kitchen table with a note that said GO SHOOT UP THE HIGH SCHOOL. Perhaps if the kid was known to be violent or unstable, he'd have cause to lock it away. But the vast, vast, vast majority of people (teenagers or otherwise), won't grab a gun and go killing people just because Uncle Ted has one tucked away in his night stand.

30 million kids went to high school yesterday. Five of them got shot. This really isn't an epidemic.

Brock
02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=frazod;8406129
30 million kids went to high school yesterday. Five of them got shot. This really isn't an epidemic.[/QUOTE]

that's one way to look at it.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
that's one way to look at it.

That's the only way to look at it, unless you're stupid.

We are mortal. Some of us are troubled. Shit happens. Sometimes people die too young and for bad reasons. But there is no reason to fucking panic over it just because the media blows every incident like this out of proportion.

Brock
02-28-2012, 07:07 PM

We are mortal. Some of us are troubled. Shit happens. Sometimes people die too young and for bad reasons. But there is no reason to fucking panic over it just because the media blows every incident like this out of proportion.

So if you have a kid, you going to take any precautions at all to prevent him from getting a hold of your gun?

Saulbadguy
02-28-2012, 07:08 PM

BUT, BUT, BUT...."KIDS THESE DAYS!!!"

Otter
02-28-2012, 07:14 PM
ah fuck it

Frazod
02-28-2012, 07:20 PM
So if you have a kid, you going to take any precautions at all to prevent him from getting a hold of your gun?

Well, I don't, but I guess it would depend on the kid. Obviously there should be locks on guns around kids who are too young to understand. But as they get older, and I've trained them to shoot and given them a decent upbringing, probably not. All through high school I had easy access to a loaded .357 that hung in a holster on a belt on the chair in my dad's gun room. I was frequently angry, occasionally bullied and often drunk and/or stoned.

Number of people shot by angry drunken teenage frazod = zero.

If the kid starts acting strangely, or has questionable friends, that's a different story. But psychos don't exactly come with warning labels.

Chocolate Hog
02-28-2012, 07:29 PM
I bet you if the media wouldn't give these fucks a national stage things like this would occur less and less.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 07:33 PM
I bet you if the media wouldn't give these fucks a national stage things like this would occur less and less.

They'd probably occur at about the same rate, which is ALMOST FUCKING NEVER.

Chocolate Hog
02-28-2012, 07:37 PM
They'd probably occur at about the same rate, which is ALMOST ****ING NEVER.

Isn't true.

La literatura
02-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Well, I don't, but I guess it would depend on the kid. Obviously there should be locks on guns around kids who are too young to understand. But as they get older, and I've trained them to shoot and given them a decent upbringing, probably not. All through high school I had easy access to a loaded .357 that hung in a holster on a belt on the chair in my dad's gun room. I was frequently angry, occasionally bullied and often drunk and/or stoned.

Number of people shot by angry drunken teenage frazod = zero.

If the kid starts acting strangely, or has questionable friends, that's a different story. But psychos don't exactly come with warning labels.

I sort of agree with this. My best friend in junior high had a house full of guns hanging up on the walls, and I went over there every day. You didn't fuck around with them. In fact, if your moved one, which I did once, his dad could tell, and he sternly talked to us both one day. We were both in Boy Scouts, and had shot guns before.

One thing to note is that a lot of teenagers don't talk with their parents. It's hard to know what they're going through. Are they just being teenagers, looking at porn, or are they looking at how to make home made bombs in their bedroom?

La literatura
02-28-2012, 07:38 PM
I think some teachers should have guns, though. Not every teacher, but a few of them.

ChiefButthurt
02-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Good thing teenagers never stab each other, eh?

And I don't know what the circumstances were, but I seriously doubt that the guy left the gun loaded on the kitchen table with a note that said GO SHOOT UP THE HIGH SCHOOL. Perhaps if the kid was known to be violent or unstable, he'd have cause to lock it away. But the vast, vast, vast majority of people (teenagers or otherwise), won't grab a gun and go killing people just because Uncle Ted has one tucked away in his night stand.

30 million kids went to high school yesterday. Five of them got shot. This really isn't an epidemic.

So you're assuming that the school children death ratio was adjusted accordingly for 2012 versus 1960? I don't have the school children numbers for 1960 but we can assume that some died at school that year? :hmmm:

FAX
02-28-2012, 07:52 PM

And someone who knows what they're doing could have killed a lot more than four people with a knife, which tends not to make much noise when used. But of course, that never happens. I forgot that nobody ever ****ing died before guns were invented.

That's a good point. I suppose if you were living in a dangerous or questionable neighborhood or something, it would be important to have quick access to your peacemaker. Thankfully, I have yet to be robbed and thus have never had the pleasure of blowing away a perp in my home.

As for teenagers having access to guns, I tend to think of it this way; you wouldn't give a kid who had never driven and had no license the keys to your car. Similarly, for an adult to provide "access" to his guns to the point that some kid could easily walk out of his house with the weapon is, in my opinion, irresponsible.

The known mental state of this wacko aside, it makes little sense to me that Uncle Dumbass would keep his gun sufficiently unsecured that his nephew could "steal" them ... not to mention the ammunition.

I like guns. I've been around guns since I was a boy. I used to love hunting and still enjoy target practice. However, I wouldn't allow any teenager who has access to my home access to my weapons, though. Not in a million years.

FAX

-King-
02-28-2012, 08:05 PM
I think some teachers should have guns, though. Not every teacher, but a few of them.

:spock:

Frazod
02-28-2012, 08:23 PM
So you're assuming that the school children death ratio was adjusted accordingly for 2012 versus 1960? I don't have the school children numbers for 1960 but we can assume that some died at school that year? :hmmm:

Uh, what? Did you think I added some secret fucking code to my last post that made it about school deaths in 1960, and only you were clever enough to pick up on it?

If you have a point to make, make it.

La literatura
02-28-2012, 08:27 PM
:spock:

Well, if some kid breaks into a classroom with a gun, I'd want the teacher to be able to quickly unlock a desk drawer, pull out a gun, and shoot dead the kid-shooter. The operation has to be completely covert though.

Better that than have the kid shoot five kids before killing himself. This won't work because of laws against guns in school areas, but in my utopia, this is a great plan, and would never be abused.

FAX
02-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Well, if some kid breaks into a classroom with a gun, I'd want the teacher to be able to quickly unlock a desk drawer, pull out a gun, and shoot dead the kid-shooter. The operation has to be completely covert though.

Better that than have the kid shoot five kids before killing himself. This won't work because of laws against guns in school areas, but in my utopia, this is a great plan, and would never be abused.

Hmmm. It's probably just me, but I see a couple of potential flaws in this plan, Mr. Literature.

FAX

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I agree with this. It's exactly what that worthless POS that shot up the mall here a few years back wanted. And he got it.

RJ
02-28-2012, 09:09 PM
I bet you if the media wouldn't give these ****s a national stage things like this would occur less and less.

I wouldn't be looking for the media to start downplaying school shootings or other random, senseless mass murders anytime soon. But I guess I agree with you in principal.

Aries Walker
02-29-2012, 02:23 AM
The last thing I'd want is for teachers and students to have a running gun battle in the hallways. Arm teachers, and students will come in doubly-armed. It's the way it goes.

In these stories I always like to focus on the people who stepped up - in this case, a football coach named Frank Hall who chased the shooter out of the cafeteria. A tip of the hat to the stones on that guy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46564188/ns/us_news/#.T03uK_EgfFA

Garcia Bronco
02-29-2012, 08:09 AM
The last thing I'd want is for teachers and students to have a running gun battle in the hallways. Arm teachers, and students will come in doubly-armed. It's the way it goes.

In these stories I always like to focus on the people who stepped up - in this case, a football coach named Frank Hall who chased the shooter out of the cafeteria. A tip of the hat to the stones on that guy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46564188/ns/us_news/#.T03uK_EgfFA

Indeed. I don't know if I'd be able to control the rage. I'd beat that kid to death.

blaise
02-29-2012, 08:18 AM
I don't think it would work in high schools, but elementary schools do a thing called the Watchdog Program. Fathers of students go to the school for the day. They hang out by the front door as the kids go in, and just sort of go around the school during the day helping out with a variety of things. They're not armed or anything. The idea is mostly that it would be a deterrent.

KurtCobain
02-29-2012, 08:20 AM
I agree with this. It's exactly what that worthless POS that shot up the mall here a few years back wanted. And he got it.

I read about that in rolling stone. That was fucking crazy, just some bum who decided to go ruin lives for kicks. Just sick. Was that the main mall?