PDA

View Full Version : Life Alright Brah's, whats your tax return going to be used on?

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 06:59 AM
inb4yourlettingthegovuseyourmoneyforfreeidiot
inb4ialwaysenduphavingtopaybecauseimafinancialgenius
inb4yourdumb

Anyways, what are you guys going to use your tax returns on? Through some financial maneuvering I didn't have to take as big of a loan out for my wife's senior year of school. That being said I have about $2600 sitting on my credit card, but wait there is more.....I'm kidding, I actually applied and was accepted for a Citi Card, 0% interest for 18months, credit cards are so great when you use them and not the other way around. I have twice done this to pay for school. Inb4creditscore, I have a 792 credit score, so I am wise with using them.

Anyways, I am hoping to pay all of that off and finance my vacation, but I seriously doubt I will get anywhere near enough for that, but hey one can dream! Don't really have any fun money coming back, but I hate owing people money, so I will pay that CC off first.

What about you chaps?

ChiTown
02-28-2012, 07:01 AM
inb4yourdumb

Anyways, what are you guys going to use your tax returns on? Through some financial maneuvering I didn't have to take as big of a loan out for my wife's senior year of school. That being said I have about $2600 sitting on my credit card, but wait there is more.....I'm kidding, I actually applied and was accepted for a Citi Card, 0% interest for 18months, credit cards are so great when you use them and not the other way around. I have twice done this to pay for school. Inb4creditscore, I have a 792 credit score, so I am wise with using them.

Anyways, I am hoping to pay all of that off and finance my vacation, but I seriously doubt I will get anywhere near enough for that, but hey one can dream! Don't really have any fun money coming back, but I hate owing people money, so I will pay that CC off first.

What about you chaps?

I haven't received any money back in years, and I'm happy about that.

DaKCMan AP
02-28-2012, 07:03 AM

This. I try to get my withholding as close as possible to what I owe.

My school tuition and expenses has made that a little more difficult the past 2 years so what I received back this year went towards my new car down payment.

Deberg_1990
02-28-2012, 07:03 AM
inb4screwyouiowedtheirsmoneythisyear

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:04 AM
This. I try to get my withholding as close as possible to what I owe.

My school tuition and expenses has made that a little more difficult the past 2 years so what I received back this year went towards my new car down payment.

Yeah DaKC, what kind of car are you getting? BMW?

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:05 AM
inb4screwyouiowedtheirsmoneythisyear

LOL

blaise
02-28-2012, 07:06 AM
I hate that word, "brah"

DaKCMan AP
02-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Yeah DaKC, what kind of car are you getting? BMW?

No, I got an Altima Coupe.

Ben N 58men
02-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Bought a brand new washer and dryer. Saving the rest for a rainy day.

Ben N 58men
02-28-2012, 07:08 AM
I hate that word, "brah"

Nobody cares what you like or dislike brah

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:09 AM
I hate that word, "brah"

Sorry brah.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:09 AM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO:LOL::LOL:

DaKCMan AP
02-28-2012, 07:10 AM
I hate that word, "brah"

http://mayhemforums.static.vanillaforums.com/uploads/FileUpload/bc/35b2563f8c5d0517a6fe21f83a81fd.jpg

suds79
I hate that word, "brah"

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9781864.jpg

Need anything be said more about the word "brah"??

Deberg_1990

Sweet ride

blaise
02-28-2012, 07:12 AM

That's cool. Have fun with the whole brah thing. I notice it's normally the very intelligent that use the word.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-28-2012, 07:13 AM
The house is getting a fresh coat of paint.

"Can't wait."

ChiTown
02-28-2012, 07:13 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9781864.jpg

Need anything be said more about the word "brah"??

Reminds me of the 70's vernacular, except without the open drug usage, and doubling down on the stupid.

Ben N 58men
02-28-2012, 07:14 AM
That's cool. Have fun with the whole brah thing. I notice it's normally the very intelligent that use the word.

Get off your high horse brah.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:14 AM

DaKC? No offense, that's a nice car, but I don't know if the awesomeness level matches....:p

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Bought a brand new washer and dryer. Saving the rest for a rainy day.

Chea brah!!! I love tax returns.

Mr. Plow
02-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Using our return on our 2 week vacation to Arizona/California this summer.

blaise
02-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Get off your high horse brah.

I don't think disliking asinine lingo used mostly by FM DJs and people with Tapout shirts is really that high of a horse, but to each their own.

Best of luck to you and your apparently cherished word.

DaKCMan AP
DaKC? No offense, that's a nice car, but I don't know if the awesomeness level matches....:p

I love the car. Not many of the coupe's on the road while it seems like every other car around here is a BMW.

El Jefe

"Can't wait."

LOL.....

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't think disliking asinine lingo used mostly by FM DJs and people with Tapout shirts is really that high of a horse, but to each their own.

Best of luck to you and your apparently cherished word.

Don't be a hater brah, it's not your most attractive look.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:19 AM
I love the car. Not many of the coupe's on the road while it seems like every other car around here is a BMW.

Awesomeness paves it's own path, and for that, I salute you!

loochy
02-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Savings / investment

You DO know that you don't have to spend that money, right?

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:20 AM

"Can't wait."

No additions to the reptile collection with the incoming cheddar?

KCUnited
02-28-2012, 07:21 AM
Broke even. The money that I didn't loan the government has been going into a combo of savings and home improvements.

suds79
02-28-2012, 07:21 AM
Savings / investment

Yep.

And you don't have to give the gov an interest free loan all year as well. ;)

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Savings / investment

Yeah I know it, financially I am sitting pretty well, have enough in my savings to cover us for 7 months if something devistating happened. Have enough in my checking account to pay bills for 2~ months. I don't make a lot of money, and I'm still working on my degree, but I don't spend a lot, have great credit, and not a lot of debt. So I'd rather just pay off that CC and be done with it.

Deberg_1990
inb4R8drsimbetterthanyouandwhydontyoupayoffyourdebt?

loochy
Yep.

I know that, but I do like the idea of giving myself a present at the end of the year AND I want to be sure that I don't have to pay IN at the end of the year, so I always have them hold too much.

ChiTown
02-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Yep.

Kind of what I was thinking. Better to owe them a little bit knowing that you were borrowing "their" money.

loochy
02-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Yeah I know it, financially I am sitting pretty well, have enough in my savings to cover us for 7 months if something devistating happened. Have enough in my checking account to pay bills for 2~ months. I don't make a lot of money, and I'm still working on my degree, but I don't spend a lot, have great credit, and not a lot of debt. So I'd rather just pay off that CC and be done with it.

No, it's great that you are paying that card off instead of buying a big TV or something. I just see so many people that want to go out and buy a new car or something when they don't need it or they have other pressing issues. Investment or paying debt/mortgage are always good ideas.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:29 AM
I know that, but I do like the idea of giving myself a present at the end of the year AND I want to be sure that I don't have to pay IN at the end of the year, so I always have them hold too much.

This is my sentiment, and who really cares? It's your money, I don't give a fat rats testicle if someone thinks I am dumb for allowing the gov. to hold onto it. I'm not into investments, and frankly I don't have the time to research something I could invest into and make more money. Before someone says you would make more leaving it in your saving account, LOL yeah I am going to miss that 3 dollars. Also it's a bit more difficult considering I and my wife are still in school.

DaKCMan AP
02-28-2012, 07:32 AM
No, it's great that you are paying that card off instead of buying a big TV or something. I just see so many people that want to go out and buy a new car or something when they don't need it or they have other pressing issues. Investment or paying debt/mortgage are always good ideas.

I agree. In my case getting a new car was a necessity, not a want. Putting it in savings is great, but there's also nothing wrong with using it towards something you want or need if you already have an emergency fund, savings, low or no debt, max out your 401k, and have other retirement/investment accounts.

Mr. Plow
02-28-2012, 07:33 AM
This is my sentiment, and who really cares? It's your money, I don't give a fat rats testicle if someone thinks I am dumb for allowing the gov. to hold onto it. I'm not into investments, and frankly I don't have the time to research something I could invest into and make more money. Before someone says you would make more leaving it in your saving account, LOL yeah I am going to miss that 3 dollars. Also it's a bit more difficult considering I and my wife are still in school.

Eh. We've always gotten a huge return because of kids, daycare, various other deductions. This past year, I tried to avoid getting that big big return so we didn't pay any federal taxes for the first 6 months of the year...we got less back this year, but still more than I want.

We know how to live on what we make and what we have taken out, it's nice to get that money back and use it on something for my family.

loochy
02-28-2012, 07:34 AM
I agree. In my case getting a new car was a necessity, not a want. Putting it in savings is great, but there's also nothing wrong with using it towards something you want or need if you already have an emergency fund, savings, low or no debt, max out your 401k, and have other retirement/investment accounts.

Yeah, but that describes like .5% of the (excluding rich people) population.

suds79
I'm not into investments, and frankly I don't have the time to research something I could invest into and make more money.

This is interesting. To each their own but don't you want to retire someday? If yes? Then you have to start.

And yes I hear you about having the time to research investments. That's why you let a professional do that in a financial adviser.

DaKCMan AP
Eh. We've always gotten a huge return because of kids, daycare, various other deductions. This past year, I tried to avoid getting that big big return so we didn't pay any federal taxes for the first 6 months of the year...we got less back this year, but still more than I want.

We know how to live on what we make and what we have taken out, it's nice to get that money back and use it on something for my family.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/page/0,,id=14806,00.html

KC Dan
02-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Mine will probably be used by Obama for some POS renewable energy company loan that can't compete with China and goes belly up while it's executives and Obama supporters get rich. That is my check, no refund

Mr. Plow
02-28-2012, 07:36 AM
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/page/0,,id=14806,00.html

Yeah, when we saw how much we are getting back - I was like WTF do I have to do to get it down. I fully expected to either owe or get very little back.

So, in talking with our tax guy, he went through and gave me a dollar amount of what we need to be around even.

The Iron Chief
02-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Savings / investment

^
This

With the kids we get some money back but my wife insists that it goes into the nest egg.
God I love her.
Without her I wouldve smoke and drank it on the beach while looking at thongs thru my sun glasses..what a waste.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:40 AM

Stop bragging DaKC!! I'm kidding, hey that is great that you are in that good of a position, especially considering the general climate of our economy. Did you finish your Master's yet?

Mr. Plow
02-28-2012, 07:40 AM
^
This

With the kids we get some money back but my wife insists that it goes into the nest egg.
God I love her.
Without her I wouldve smoke and drank it on the beach while looking at thongs thru my sun glasses..what a waste.

Stupid women and looking to the future. :D

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:41 AM

I agree!

loochy
^
This

God I love her.

I hope you appreciate how rare of a find you have right there. I've never found a woman that had any sort of financial perspective.

Buck
I owe $600

DaKCMan AP
02-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Stop bragging DaKC!! I'm kidding, hey that is great that you are in that good of a position, especially considering the general climate of our economy. Did you finish your Master's yet?

Coincidentally with this thread topic, I graduate April 15.

Bwana
02-28-2012, 07:43 AM

Yeah, I always try to time it so I get a few bucks, or pay a few bucks. I would rather handle my money than let Uncle Sugar have it for 11 months.

The Iron Chief
02-28-2012, 07:52 AM
I hope you appreciate how rare of a find you have right there. I've never found a woman that had any sort of financial perspective.

Its a blessing for sure and I do realize it.
She laughs at her friends..you know the kind that need 30 purses,60 pairs of shoes a bathroom of their own to hold all the gizmos and make up..etc..

She buys stuff when its needed no addiction to window shopping.
Once in awhile it has its drawbacks for me I will not lie but shes willing to spend vacations etc..she just doesnt find a need to spend 8 hours at the local mall.

With her.. 4 bedroom house 2 yrs left on the mortgage a couple of cars 2 lovely kids and a dog.

Without her.. apartment downtown 4 milk crates with a bong water soaked beach blanket for a coffee table.

Shes the best. :thumb:

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Coincidentally with this thread topic, I graduate April 15.

Man that is awesome, congratulations :thumb::thumb::thumb:

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I always try to time it so I get a few bucks, or pay a few bucks. I would rather handle my money than let Uncle Sugar have it for 11 months.

Uncle Sugar? LMAOLMAO

loochy
02-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Uncle Sugar? LMAOLMAO

Yeah, he's only an uncle by marriage to Aunt Salt.

Bwana
02-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Uncle Sugar? LMAOLMAO

Indeed

http://conservativedailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/uncle_sugar.png

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Indeed

http://conservativedailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/uncle_sugar.png

You want to talk about something ridiculous. Last year I won 5k at a trade show, it was purely luck, anyways you want to take a guess at what I was taxed on my 5k winnings?

loochy
02-28-2012, 08:14 AM
You want to talk about something ridiculous. Last year I won 5k at a trade show, it was purely luck, anyways you want to take a guess at what I was taxed on my 5k winnings?

2,300?

Bwana
02-28-2012, 08:14 AM

40%?

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Bought a car, used the tax money for the down payment.

Iowanian
02-28-2012, 08:35 AM
I"m waiting until April 15th and then writing checks.

Pay off some debt.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 08:36 AM
New computer.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2012, 08:45 AM

$1500. Generally winnings are taxed at 30%.

Buehler445
02-28-2012, 08:51 AM
I owe a fuckload.

tooge
02-28-2012, 08:53 AM
annual vacation to Florida with the kids

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 08:55 AM
$1500. Generally winnings are taxed at 30%.

Interesting, the accoutant our shop uses told me it will be between 40-45%. My dad helps me do my taxes so I guess we will see if thats true.

Molitoth
02-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Core i7 custom build pc for me.
Tiffany diamond ring for the wife.
Pottery Barn anywhere chair for the 1 year old.
Rest in bank.

I got a good chunk this year.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 08:56 AM
2,300?

40%?

40-45%, I don't know why they didn't give me an exact, I guess old turbo tax will tell me exactly LOL.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 08:56 AM

What kind of car?

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Core i7 custom build pc for me.
Tiffany diamond ring for the wife.
Pottery Barn anywhere chair for the 1 year old.
Rest in bank.

I got a good chunk this year.

Geewhiz man, how much did you get 10k?

Bearcat
02-28-2012, 09:05 AM
I paid off a student loan... only one left, which should be paid off in ~20 years.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Interesting, the accoutant our shop uses told me it will be between 40-45%. My dad helps me do my taxes so I guess we will see if thats true.

Huh. I'm no accountant so don't take my word for it, but I always thought I'd heard it was 30% on winnings. For your sake, I hope I'm right. ;)

Send me a PM sometime, let me know how you're doing. It's been awhile.

blaise
02-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Are winnings taxed at a different rate? I would just think it was taxable income and you just add that into your gross. I won a tv at $899 and I just planned to add it in as income.

Bwana
02-28-2012, 09:18 AM
40-45%, I don't know why they didn't give me an exact, I guess old turbo tax will tell me exactly LOL.

That was my guess, because I was told lottery winnings were taxed at 40%. If you win 1,000,000, 400k goes directly to Uncle Sugar.

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Are winnings taxed at a different rate? I would just think it was taxable income and you just add that into your gross. I won a tv at $899 and I just planned to add it in as income.

Yeah, it should be taxed just as income. I don't think there's a gift tax or anything associated with it. Since it's added income on top of your normal income, it gets taxed at the highest marginal rate you owe. So if for example you're in the 33% bracket you'll pay 33% to the feds and then also whatever you owe to the state. If that's typically around 5% that gets you up to 38%. But the federal rate really depends on your income.

I don't think you have to pay social security and medicare on winnings, but I'm not sure. If so, that would take out another 7.65% unless you've already hit the cap.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Huh. I'm no accountant so don't take my word for it, but I always thought I'd heard it was 30% on winnings. For your sake, I hope I'm right. ;)

Send me a PM sometime, let me know how you're doing. It's been awhile.

Too long man!

That was my guess, because I was told lottery winnings were taxed at 40%. If you win 1,000,000, 400k goes directly to Uncle Sugar.

You're killing me with the Uncle Sugar LMAO.

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 09:23 AM
You realize you're just loaning the government mon-

inb4yourdumb

Oh. Okay.

Anyways, what are you guys going to use your tax returns on? Through some financial maneuvering I didn't have to take as big of a loan out for my wife's senior year of school. That being said I have about $2600 sitting on my credit card, but wait there is more.....I'm kidding, I actually applied and was accepted for a Citi Card, 0% interest for 18months, credit cards are so great when you use them and not the other way around. I have twice done this to pay for school.

Only an idiot uses credit cards for -

Inb4creditscore, I have a 792 credit score, so I am wise with using them.

Oh. Okay.

This thread seems pretty airtight.

As for me, I should be getting back a very large refund this year. It'll pretty much just go toward rebuilding our savings from remodeling our apartment's kitchen this year. It won't completely pay for it, but it should cover more than half.

The good news is that we were able to raise our apartment rent significantly with the remodel, so it'll pay for itself in about 10 years anyway.

seclark
02-28-2012, 09:26 AM
hopefully buy a bottle of middle of the road booze.
sec

KC Tattoo
02-28-2012, 09:30 AM

Had a huge squable with the guy who sold me a 2000 Chevy Blazer. The damn transmission went out the very next day I got it. Not cool. Not cool. Finally after 3 weeks they got it done and I got my wheels rolling. It's a beast and happy I got it, altho I think I should have looked for something else as it is a gas hog. Am happy I got it tho, better than the pos I was driving.

Nickel D
02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm using it to file for Chapter 11.

cookster50
02-28-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm using most of it to pay up front for my kids school next year. It basically is a month off discount if you pay all up front, rather than go month to month. The rest is going in savings.

Red Beans
02-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Used it on this baby right here. Five days off the lot and used a quarter tank of gas, averaging 31 mpg. The wife and I are pleased as punch.

http://i43.tinypic.com/ejd0uq.jpg

vailpass
02-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Used it on this baby right here. Five days off the lot and used a quarter tank of gas, averaging 31 mpg. The wife and I are pleased as punch.

http://i43.tinypic.com/ejd0uq.jpg

Where's the rest of it?

thurman merman
02-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Vacation to Dominican Republic

loochy
02-28-2012, 10:24 AM
cocaine from sam hurd

3rd&48ers
02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
I am part of the 52%, I don't get a tax return and I will be stroking another check this year.

VikesFan
02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I spent my tax refund on a laptop and saved the rest

listopencil
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Hookers and beer.

WV
02-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Probably been mentioned (yes I'm too lazy to look), but unless you have kids or a house payment its in your best interest to not get a refund.

ChiTown
02-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Hookers and blow.

fyp

Kerberos
02-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Solar Screens for my house.

Fried Meat Ball!
02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Already spent it on a new (used) car for me, and the wife spent some to repaint the living room and kitchen. Next year will be a new (used) car for her.

And I know as WVChiefFan states, I'm giving the government an interest free loan. I don't care. My wife and I use it as a savings account, of sorts. It works for us. When shit happens and we need a little extra, it's way too easy for us to dip into savings rather than adjust our spending habits to take care of whatever needs fixing.

listopencil
02-28-2012, 10:38 AM
fyp

Well, my tax return wasn't that big and blow can get pricey.

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 10:40 AM
cocaine from sam hurd

His prices are so good because he works in huge volume.

vailpass
02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Apparently I'm funding some other people's Earned Income Tax Credits. Leeches.

Ceej
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Probably casino money when I'm in Wichita next month.

And Royals 41 game season ticket pack.

Donger
02-28-2012, 10:51 AM
That's none of your fucking business, chap.

Hydrae
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Bills and savings

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Bills and savings

I had no idea you were a Buffalo fan.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 12:09 PM
That's none of your ****ing business, chap.

LOL

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 12:10 PM
You realize you're just loaning the government mon-

Oh. Okay.

Only an idiot uses credit cards for -

Oh. Okay.

This thread seems pretty airtight.

As for me, I should be getting back a very large refund this year. It'll pretty much just go toward rebuilding our savings from remodeling our apartment's kitchen this year. It won't completely pay for it, but it should cover more than half.

The good news is that we were able to raise our apartment rent significantly with the remodel, so it'll pay for itself in about 10 years anyway.

Smart :thumb:

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Solar Screens for my house.

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Dragonocho
02-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Tax Return? Wow I forgot there used to be such a thing.

Rosie O'Donnell
02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
at the cathouse

Rain Man
02-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Smart :thumb:

The apartment now covers more than half of our total mortgage payment, and 2/3rd of the base mortgage before taxes and insurance. Best darn decision we ever made was buying a house with an apartment, and it was a total accident that we did.

PunkinDrublic
02-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Bought my plane ticket to Spain. Going for two weeks in July.

Kerberos
02-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Is the juice worth the squeeze?

You know I can only give my opinion and experience with Solar Screens. Here in southern Nevada the sun is direct and flipping HOT coming in the windows even with shades and curtains.

We had one solar screen company come in with his sample window coverings inside the "L" frames. He took out a heat gun and put it on low and had us put our hands under it about a foot away. VERY HOT as you could feel the heat coming down.

He then put the solar screen between our hands and the heat gun and absolutely NO heat transfer was coming through the screen. All you could feel was a cool breeze. Unbelievable.

If these things can do as advertised it should cut down the cooling costs on my 3200 sq ft. home by 30% or more. With my electric bill average during the summer being $350 to $400 monthly, then it will more than pay for itself in the next 3-5 years.

Plus they look really kewl on the stucco houses here.

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Saving it for the summer while I have my son.

Thinking about going to KC to treat him to some real BBQ and a Royals game.

El Jefe
02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
You know I can only give my opinion and experience with Solar Screens. Here in southern Nevada the sun is direct and flipping HOT coming in the windows even with shades and curtains.

We had one solar screen company come in with his sample window coverings inside the "L" frames. He took out a heat gun and put it on low and had us put our hands under it about a foot away. VERY HOT as you could feel the heat coming down.

He then put the solar screen between our hands and the heat gun and absolutely NO heat transfer was coming through the screen. All you could feel was a cool breeze. Unbelievable.

If these things can do as advertised it should cut down the cooling costs on my 3200 sq ft. home by 30% or more. With my electric bill average during the summer being $350 to $400 monthly, then it will more than pay for itself in the next 3-5 years.

Plus they look really kewl on the stucco houses here.

Holy shart man, 3200 square foot house?

DaKCMan AP
02-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Bought my plane ticket to Spain. Going for two weeks in July.

Awesome. What part of Spain?

Kerberos
02-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Holy shart man, 3200 square foot house?

Do you know who has the HIGHEST foreclosure rate in America right now?

Las Vegas, Nevada (which I assume includes Henderson)

3000 sq ft homes here in the Vegas Valley are common especially with 2 stories.

You can buy homes this size...... less than 10 years old...... for less than 200K and prices are still dropping.

I agree that back home in KS where I am from there were very few houses with more than 2500 sq ft.

Guru
02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Getting the medical bills we got hammered with late last year paid off.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-28-2012, 02:56 PM
:hmmm: Peyton Manning jersey

3rd&48ers
02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Getting the medical bills we got hammered with late last year paid off.

Man now that is one situation you will never hear me spew about... Good luck to you on that...

Guru
02-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Man now that is one situation you will never hear me spew about... Good luck to you on that...

It wasn't even anything major either. Bunch a BS what they charge for shit these days.

I won't expand further on this because I don't want to turn this into a political thread.

Molitoth
02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
An 8 ball, a 12 pack of pabst, and a tranny hooker with nipple rings.
:LOL:

Hydrae
02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
It wasn't even anything major either. Bunch a BS what they charge for shit these days.

I won't expand further on this because I don't want to turn this into a political thread.

I agree, no need to send this to DC but I just have to say that this is exactly what I mean when I say ObamaCare completely missed the boat. The problem in this country with health care is not whether people have insurance. It is the astronomical prices that care costs. I don't know what you do about it but the current solution does nothing to deal with the root problem, skyrocketing medical costs.

Now, about those tax returns...

JD10367
02-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Getting back around $4000 as usual. We usually use it to pay off one cruise already booked and put the rest towards the next cruise.

3rd&48ers
02-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Getting back around $4000 as usual. We usually use it to pay off one cruise already booked and put the rest towards the next cruise.

You are giving the Gubment an interest free loan for a year. (Not that you would make that much putting it into a bank though)

Psyko Tek
02-28-2012, 04:57 PM

this
74 plymouth valiant
225 slant six, 4 door
no power steering
automatic, with air

got here for 15 hundred

JD10367
02-28-2012, 05:08 PM
You are giving the Gubment an interest free loan for a year. (Not that you would make that much putting it into a bank though)

What's the current glorious interest rate? A half-percent? Yeah, if I'd put it in the bank I might've earned, if I'm lucky, twenty bucks. I never understood people who foam at the mouth about other people having too much money taken out. In my paycheck, that extra $50 a week is likely to get blown on frivolous things. Instead, by having it taken out in taxes, I don't miss it, and at the end of the year it's like getting a multi-thousand-dollar cash windfall. I call it "Uncle Sam's Savings Plan". I could give less of a shit if the government makes the twenty bucks. Hell, it's my country, I should support it in some way, LOL. For that twenty bucks, they nicely take the money out for me, keep track of it, save it up, and then send it all back to me in March. It's like having the world's cheapest banker. Saving money in an attempt to try to earn interest is ludicrous. I can take ten grand to the casino and in a half-hour on a slot machine win more money than I could earn in a five-year IRA.

3rd&48ers
02-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Look at the last part, the part between the ()

JD10367
02-28-2012, 05:13 PM
The apartment now covers more than half of our total mortgage payment, and 2/3rd of the base mortgage before taxes and insurance. Best darn decision we ever made was buying a house with an apartment, and it was a total accident that we did.

Yeah, until your psycho tenant breaks through the wall and sneaks down into your house and you hear noises in the walls. :)

Mr. Plow
02-28-2012, 06:01 PM
What's the current glorious interest rate? A half-percent? Yeah, if I'd put it in the bank I might've earned, if I'm lucky, twenty bucks. I never understood people who foam at the mouth about other people having too much money taken out. In my paycheck, that extra $50 a week is likely to get blown on frivolous things. Instead, by having it taken out in taxes, I don't miss it, and at the end of the year it's like getting a multi-thousand-dollar cash windfall. I call it "Uncle Sam's Savings Plan". I could give less of a shit if the government makes the twenty bucks. Hell, it's my country, I should support it in some way, LOL. For that twenty bucks, they nicely take the money out for me, keep track of it, save it up, and then send it all back to me in March. It's like having the world's cheapest banker. Saving money in an attempt to try to earn interest is ludicrous. I can take ten grand to the casino and in a half-hour on a slot machine win more money than I could earn in a five-year IRA.

Bingo. :clap: