PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink What are your FAVORITE restaurants?

Pages : 1 [2]

Inmem58
02-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Anybody been to Grinders Pizza?

Thinking about trying it when we go for a game this year.

lostcause
02-29-2012, 11:04 PM
In KC, les fou frog

frankotank
03-01-2012, 08:40 AM
I know a lot of people that go to On the Border and love it, not because they’ve never had a better Mexican place, but rather they have and still prefer On the Border.

Just like I still prefer Bud Light. Yeah, I said it.

On the Border! I'm in! stuffed jalapenos are spectacular. salsa is good. I go with dos equis amber though.....

frankotank
03-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Heh, I almost brought this up earlier when I mentioned my beer snobbery.

I love Chipotle, and I get why some people would hate the hype... it might as well be the Budweiser of burritos, but even though I've tried better (and worse), I'll always go back. In some cases, it's definitely not a matter of ignorance or being afraid of change.

had the burrito several times and then tried the burrito bowl. it's awesome. health factor can be increased by doing double beans no rice. I always get the chicken which again increases the health factor...but also is the best meat in the place IMO. it's shocking how bad tortillas are calorically.

frankotank
03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Minsky's has a philly cheese steak pizza that is insane good.

Dartgod
03-13-2012, 10:30 AM
I need to add Beer Kitchen to my list, Ate there again on Saturday, I had forgotten how damn good their food is.

Bweb
03-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Took the family to OKC for a Thunder game over the weekend and we ate at Spaghetti Warehouse.

I thought the food was pretty good and reasonably priced.... :thumb:

mr. tegu
03-13-2012, 11:31 AM
I love going to Cinzettis. The food is decent quality, lots of choices, desert, and yeah the fact that it is buffet helps!

mr. tegu
03-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Oh and the buffet at Argosy...magnifique.

Dayze
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
I love going to Cinzettis. The food is decent quality, lots of choices, desert, and yeah the fact that it is buffet helps!

i liked it too, until about 10 of us out of group of 50 got food poisoning.

other than that, it was really good (for realz). I just can't eat there again out of fear.

RYAN32
03-13-2012, 12:29 PM
taco bell

Dartgod
03-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Who's mult is this?

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Ate at Boss Hogs in tiny Banner Illinois on Hwy 24 southwest of Peoria last weekend. Log cabin with a Dukes of Hazzard menu theme. The Boss Hog burger is a big, fat cheeseburger with bbq pulled pork piled on top and bacon on top of that. I recommend it.

Baby Lee
03-13-2012, 01:07 PM
If I had to pick a single favorite, Blueberry Hill hardly ever gets ANYTHING wrong. But there's only one. In law school it was in walking distance and that was HEAVEN.

Standouts.

Bleu Cheeseburger - the BEST one I've had anywhere
Chili Mac
Chef Salad
Onion Rings
Toasted Rav
Jerk Chicken Sandwich
Reuben
Buffalo Shrimp

It's bar food, but each offering serves as exemplar for the form, EVERY time you order. I've never had a meal there that wasn't EXACTLY as you envisioned and hoped for when ordering. It's like a magic food machine.

Oh, and like a bajillion beers, well over 30 on tap [though, if I'm really honest with myself, I'm getting a Guinness].

mr. tegu
03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
i liked it too, until about 10 of us out of group of 50 got food poisoning.

other than that, it was really good (for realz). I just can't eat there again out of fear.

Did you ever figure out if there was a common dish the sick ones ate? That way I will know to avoid it.

Dayze
03-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Did you ever figure out if there was a common dish the sick ones ate? That way I will know to avoid it.

nope, never did figure it out. it seemed like, collectively, we ate dang near every dish.

Baby Lee
03-13-2012, 02:54 PM
And when I'm in Springfield...

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p82773-Ozark-Lamberts.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R-ybk4eqxrI/TNh3BTx54RI/AAAAAAAACQk/yMtYouN9IcQ/s400/Lambert+Skillet.jpg

Totally forgot about Lambert's. Though I'm a Sikeston frequenter, not 'field.

Another 'never miss' restaurant.

Gotta love a place with a legit need for a bus section for their parking lot, destination eating.

Baby Lee
03-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Lots of mentions of Chipotle, which prompts me to stand up for Qdoba.

Steak Fajita Burrito Classico with two scoops of extra hot.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Lots of mentions of Chipotle, which prompts me to stand up for Qdoba.

Steak Fajita Burrito Classico with two scoops of extra hot.

Qdoba just doesn't do it for me. Something about the flavors is off. Everything is too wet.

Baby Lee
03-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Qdoba just doesn't do it for me. Something about the flavors is off. Everything is too wet.

I should offer a caveat, I don't have anything to do with their beans. Fajita veggies only.

Their steak, veggies, cilantro lime rice, queso blanco and extra hot salsa are just a perfect mix.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I should offer a caveat, I don't have anything to do with their beans. Fajita veggies only.

I'm mostly talking about their meat. It drips through the burrito, it's like a pile of wet shredded sock.

gblowfish
03-13-2012, 03:17 PM
In Grand Forks, ND, I'm partial to the Olive Garden!

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
In Grand Forks, ND, I'm partial to the Olive Garden!

aren't we all, aren't we all...

when she dies OG better fucking send a nice bouquet.

Baby Lee
04-13-2012, 02:53 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/05/six-rules-for-dining-out/8929/?single_page=true

A thought provoking bit of counterintuitive advice.

Groves
04-13-2012, 02:59 PM
We've started to check a place called bundle.com (no affiliation)

They track credit cards and rate restaurants on

1. how many people go there as compared with other restaurants
2. how many people are repeat customers as compared with other restaurants
3. how much people spend there

It of course is limited to places that accept credit cards, but still an intriguing way to weed out online reviews from owners or competitors.

We took a short day-trip to Eureka Springs, AR a few weeks ago. It helped us find two great restaurants that we would previously never have even breathed on our brake pedal had we not been informed.

Flaws, yes, but interesting.

DaFace
04-13-2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/05/six-rules-for-dining-out/8929/?single_page=true

A thought provoking bit of counterintuitive advice.

Interesting. I'm slowly but surely moving up the food ladder in terms of preference, but this is good stuff to keep in mind.