PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Spinoff: Best Tenderloin

Stewie
02-29-2012, 01:35 PM
We've had best/worst of everything food. I want to know your go-to place for a pork tenderloin sandwich.

I've had good and bad. The best I've had is Kitty's Cafe in KCMO, but have had others that are really good. Kitty's sort of cheats. That is, it's not a true tenderloin batter, but tempura. Bar West in Shawnee and Danny's in Lenexa serve up a good tenderloin. I've heard Paul's Drive-In in south KC serves up a really good one.

What say you?

seclark
02-29-2012, 01:40 PM
the sale barn in a little town about 7 miles from here. it's just a sale barn.
big old tenderloin, but gives me heartburn for the rest of the afternoon.
don't eat them too often anymore.
sec

durtyrute
02-29-2012, 01:46 PM
We've had best/worst of everything food. I want to know your go-to place for a pork tenderloin sandwich.

I've had good and bad. The best I've had is Kitty's Cafe in KCMO, but have had others that are really good. Kitty's sort of cheats. That is, it's not a true tenderloin batter, but tempura. Bar West in Shawnee and Danny's in Lenexa serve up a good tenderloin. I've heard Paul's Drive-In in south KC serves up a really good one.

What say you?

HOly Tit Lickers, I just had Pauls today. That's some good shit right there.

Bump
02-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I've never had a pork tenderloin sandwich from a restaurant, make them at home often enough, but that's just cut off pieces of a roast.

Trevo_410
02-29-2012, 01:48 PM
54 street bar a grill, "Tenderloin on Steroids"

However, It might be the only one I've ever tried from a restuarant.

I found it amazing that tenderloins are non-existent in texas. I couldn't find them anywhere...

Okie_Apparition
02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
One of the best I've had was homemade
A porkchop cut from the bone, beat, battered & fried

Dartgod
02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Hmmm, I can think of several.

Main Street Inn - Grandview, Mo. Been years since I've had one though.
Town Topic also used to make a pretty good one, but again, it's been a few years
Side Pockets has a monster one. My wife and I split one and still had leftovers.
Frankie and Johnny's, a local bar, has a pretty good one.

mnchiefsguy
02-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Hmmm, I can think of several.

Main Street Inn - Grandview, Mo. Been years since I've had one though.
Town Topic also used to make a pretty good one, but again, it's been a few years
Side Pockets has a monster one. My wife and I split one and still had leftovers.
Frankie and Johnnies, a local bar, has a pretty good one.

I have not been to the Main Street Inn in years either.

If you don't mind driving a bit, Smith's has a great tenderloin. There is one in Clinton and Bolivar, and Collins as well.