PDA

View Full Version : *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread*****

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I almost wrote SD Boston, which is what I see. I really think Jeffery is going to struggle getting separation, and he doesn't seem to play with the physicality of a Bowe (or another comp. who lacks elite speed).

Like I said, I could be wrong; it happened once before in '87.

I've been impressed with Jeffery when I've seen him play. I think what's hurt him the most is 1) playing within an offense built around Marcus Lattimore, 2) having Stephen Garcia and Connor Shaw as his QBs 3) Lattimore getting injured and missing the final 6 games.

#2 and #3 contributed most to Jeffery not repeating his 2010 performance.

The fact that he was chosen as an All-American over AJ Green & Julio Jones in 2010 and made the All-SEC 1st team over AJ Green the same year should tell you about his talent level. I also don't think he's that slow. I'd guess he's in the mid-4.5 range.

Sfeihc
03-08-2012, 01:21 PM
YOU MOTHER ****ER.

Right off the top of your board. Ouch! I looked at Jeffery long and hard for the Bucs but figured with the players they already have a vet might be a more appropriate addition to the roster. That and the black hole they had @ CB.

DeezNutz
03-08-2012, 01:33 PM
I've been impressed with Jeffery when I've seen him play. I think what's hurt him the most is 1) playing within an offense built around Marcus Lattimore, 2) having Stephen Garcia and Connor Shaw as his QBs 3) Lattimore getting injured and missing the final 6 games.

#2 and #3 contributed most to Jeffery not repeating his 2010 performance.

The fact that he was chosen as an All-American over AJ Green & Julio Jones in 2010 and made the All-SEC 1st team over AJ Green the same year should tell you about his talent level. I also don't think he's that slow. I'd guess he's in the mid-4.5 range.

Fair enough. I've probably seen him play 5-6 games and just have never come away impressed given the hype.

The pick is sensible enough; in fact, he'll probably be off the board in the first round. I'm just saying...

DJ's left nut
03-08-2012, 01:39 PM
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina.

The Bucs problems at CB have been solved plus this front office has shown the desire to go Noah's Ark when drafting the last couple of seasons.

The Browns got their QB in RGIII and some defensive help later in round 1. Now it's time to start surrounding RGIII with some weapons. Lamar Miller would be a good choice but I like a lot of RBs later in the draft.

Currently the Browns have Greg Little (who I like a lot), Mohammed Massaquoi (who should be primarily in the slot), and nothing else. Here's a guy who has, IMO, slipped off the radar a bit due to a less than impressive combine and playing in a run-first offense with garbage QBs in college. I view the WRs in this draft as 1. Blackmon, 2a. Floyd, and 2b. Jeffery.

The Cleveland Browns select WR Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina.

These are back to back HR picks, IMO.

KC is doing damn well with those Browns picks, the board is coming to him nicely.

DJ's left nut
03-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Right off the top of your board. Ouch! I looked at Jeffery long and hard for the Bucs but figured with the players they already have a vet might be a more appropriate addition to the roster. That and the black hole they had @ CB.

I thought Gilmore might slide under the radar a little bit. I was pretty disappointed to lose out on him, not gonna lie.

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I thought Gilmore might slide under the radar a little bit. I was pretty disappointed to lose out on him, not gonna lie.

I was considering him at #37 and would have run to the podium at #50.

Woodrow Call
03-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Was hoping to grab a WR here but it just wasn't in the cards. The Redskins could use some help at CB and I like this player quite a bit.

The Washington Redskins select Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

DJ's left nut
03-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Was hoping to grab a WR here but it just wasn't in the cards. The Redskins could use some help at CB and I like this player quite a bit.

Well...I guess that makes this an easier pick for me.

Carolina struggled like wild with its pass-rush last season and hopes to have addressed that in the first round with Coples. Now they just need to make it a little easier for their defensive backs and LBers to work in space and not have to sell out against the run.

So the question becomes, Worthy or Thompson? Can this squad take a chance on another questionable character guy like Worthy and hope his upside wins the day? Or should they go with the steadier option in Thompson, a kid that's probably going to be more stout against the run but won't likely present a significant pass-rush threat.

In the end, with Coples, Smith, Gamble, Newton and others, there are simply too many potential bad apples already on the squad to add another one, so the Carolina Panthers select:

Brandon Thompson, DT - Clemson

BossChief
03-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm usually not in favor of reaching for need, but the Dolphins need a quarterback that has a chance to be their long term signal caller and I dot want to risk waiting another round to fill that spot when a guy is on the board here that I feel would have been a pretty high pick if he had a defense that could have helped him a little and feel he is a good value here.

In the second round of the 2012 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select

Nick Foles, QB Arizona.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 02:56 PM
The Buffalo Bills still aren't convinced they have a REAL need on the offensive line, so they are once again looking to the Big 10 to shore up their new 4-3 scheme under Dave Wannstedt.

The Buffalo Bills select:

LAVONTE DAVID, OLB, NEBRASKA

He's not a big guy but he's perfect for the weak side in the 4-3. He's got a mean streak and a motor and will bring some attitude to that Buffalo defense.

SNR
03-08-2012, 03:07 PM
If there's a mod watching this, could they please change BossChief's name to BossReach?

DJ's left nut
03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
If there's a mod watching this, could they please change BossChief's name to BossReach?

I believe Reachmaqe is already spoken for...

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I believe Reachmaqe is already spoken for...

:)

I remember when I was widely ridiculed for the Bills taking Donte Whitner too...he turned out ok.

SNR
03-08-2012, 03:18 PM
After getting screwed over by the rush of DEs in the early first, the Seahawks get lucky and a late first round guy falls to them. He's a little lanky and tall, will need to add some weight in the pros, but he's quick and has fantastic straight-line speed. Definitely has all the attributes of what you want out of a 4-3 pass rushing DE in the pros. He's also very cerebral, has been known to adjust to the run, and has a good toolbox of moves and technique. In two or three seasons he could be potentially a premier DE in this league.

The Seattle Seahawks select Andre Branch, DE, Clemson

DJ's left nut
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM
After getting screwed over by the rush of DEs in the early first, the Seahawks get lucky and a late first round guy falls to them. He's a little lanky and tall, will need to add some weight in the pros, but he's quick and has fantastic straight-line speed. Definitely has all the attributes of what you want out of a 4-3 pass rushing DE in the pros. He's also very cerebral, has been known to adjust to the run, and has a good toolbox of moves and technique. In two or three seasons he could be potentially a premier DE in this league.

The Seattle Seahawks select Andre Branch, DE, Clemson

I thought about grabbing him, then I realized that in 3 years, when he's probably going to be pretty good, nobody's going to give a shit about this thread and I will get no credit for my brilliance.

So I took the fat guy.

SNR
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Also, htismaqe, please remember to send a courtesy PM to the next person on the clock.

Dicky McElephant
03-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Damn.....I could go a bunch of different ways here.

the Talking Can
03-08-2012, 03:26 PM

why i love this thread

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Also, htismaqe, please remember to send a courtesy PM to the next person on the clock.

I was just getting ready to send it when I saw you had made your selection already. Sorry.

Sfeihc
03-08-2012, 03:50 PM

For me picking for the Bucs it came down to Gilmore and Dennard. I sided with Gilmore because I think has more upside but it was a damn tough decision.

Chocolate Hog
03-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Lamont David ROFL

SNR
03-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Who are the Chiefs taking?

SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Lamont David ROFL

Fuck you. :D I was in a hurry.

Chocolate Hog
03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
These are back to back HR picks, IMO.

KC is doing damn well with those Browns picks, the board is coming to him nicely.

You SEC homer!

Forreal though I picked Randle over Jeffery because he already weights more than just about any WR in the league and is slow.

Dicky McElephant
03-08-2012, 04:33 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs select Kelechi Osemele, OT, Iowa State

RT is a huge hole on this line. This kid has the size, quickness and strength to fill that position.

Sfeihc
03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Nice pick, P. If only there was a legit qb to protect. With Charles and TR they should just run every ****in' time! No screen passes because Cassel can't make that throw, just ask Weddle.

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Damn Pest you just took my pick for the Cowboys.

SNR
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Boy, you weren't kidding about going full True Fan in this draft, Pest :D

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 04:43 PM
So Pest, who is our QB - Manning? :)

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Cowboys need some depth plus this not quite BPA but pretty close. Ratliff was hurt some last year and he might be better as a 3-4 end. If not, the Cowboys can rotate at the nose and have a great combo.

The Dallas Cowboys select Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

Dicky McElephant
03-08-2012, 05:08 PM
So Pest, who is our QB - Manning? :)

Yep. :D

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2012, 05:40 PM
You SEC homer!

Forreal though I picked Randle over Jeffery because he already weights more than just about any WR in the league and is slow.

http://byebyeproblem.com/wordpress5/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/huh.jpg

Jeffery weighed 216 at the combine.

Rams Fan
03-08-2012, 06:09 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs select Kelechi Osemele, OT, Iowa State

RT is a huge hole on this line. This kid has the size, quickness and strength to fill that position.

Was thinking about taking him this round for the Rams. Nice versatility.

DeezNutz
03-08-2012, 06:32 PM
:)

I remember when I was widely ridiculed for the Bills taking Donte Whitner too...he turned out ok.

You made that pick, bro? Congrats.

And True Fans say there aren't GMs on CP. Dumbasses.

O.city
03-08-2012, 06:34 PM
I'd almost guarantee that this draft will be better than what will actually happen.

Chocolate Hog
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
http://byebyeproblem.com/wordpress5/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/huh.jpg

Jeffery weighed 216 at the combine.

What was his 40 time?

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2012, 07:50 PM
What was his 40 time?

He didn't run at the combine.

Direckshun
03-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Boooooooooooo on the Chiefs pick.

Should have been Ta'amu.

Direckshun
03-08-2012, 07:56 PM
I am loving this draft, guys.

Every year, this thing is a blast. I literally look forward to it every day of the year.

O.city
03-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Direkshun, I don't get the Ta'amu love. Every time I saw the guy this year, he was disappointing.

the Talking Can
03-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Richardson
Osemele

i'll take it...

3rd round...best available TE/S/OG/C (depending on where you project hudson)...

Sfeihc
03-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Direkshun, I don't get the Ta'amu love. Every time I saw the guy this year, he was disappointing.

I'm hoping KC will sign Soliai. Along with Powe getting a full off season to develop it will give them a nice 1-2 punch at NT.

SNR
03-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Richardson
Osemele

i'll take it...

3rd round...best available TE/S/OG/C (depending on where you project hudson)...I'm absolutely fine with it if we get an upgrade at QB, whether that's Manning, Orton, or hell, even Stanzi.

Dicky McElephant
03-08-2012, 08:25 PM
You aren't winning unless Direckshun hates your draft.

Direckshun
03-08-2012, 08:26 PM
My remaining big board.

1. DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State
2. RB David Wilson, Virginia Tech
3. TE Coby Fleener, Stanford
4. TE Dwayne Allen, Clemson
5. DE/OLB Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma
6. OT Bobbie Massie, Ole Miss
7. DE Jack Baquette, Arkansas
8. WR Dwight Jones, North Carolina
9. RB Doug Martin, Boise State
10. RB LaMichael James, Oregon
11. DE/OLB Vinny Curry, Marshall
12. WR Tommy Streeter, Miami
13. RB Lamar Miller, Miami
14. DE/DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
15. QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State
16. DE/DT Jared Crick, Nebraska
17. OT Zebrie Sanders, Florida State
18. RB Chris Polk, Washington
19. WR Marvin McNutt, Iowa
20. FS Brandon Taylor, LSU
21. WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma
22. SS Harrison Smith, Notre Dame
23. WR Nick Toon, Wisconsin
24. CB Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech
25. OLB Sean Spence, Miami
26. DE/DT Kendall Reyes, Connecticut
27. QB Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
28. C Ben Jones, Georgia
29. OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
30. OT Andrew Datko, Florida State
31. CB/S Trumaine Johnson, Montana
32. DT Mike Martin, Michigan
33. OG Brandon Washington, Miami
34. OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State
35. RB Vick Ballard, Mississippi State
36. OT Mitchell Schwartz, California
37. NT Josh Chapman, Alabama
38. RB Bernard Pierce, Temple
39. DE/OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
40. SS George Iloka, Boise State
41. C Ben Jones, Georgia
42. OG Ryan Miller, Colorado
43. DE Chandler Jones, Syracuse
44. OT Nate Potter, Boise State
45. RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
46. CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina
47. FS Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State
48. ILB Tank Carder, TCU
49. CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt
50. SS Antonio Allen, South Carolina
51. DE/DT Billy Winn, Boise State
52. DE Cam Johnson, Virginia
53. OT Senio Kelemete, Washington
54. CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia
55. ILB Audie Cole, North Carolina State
56. DE/OLB Jonathan Massaquoi, Troy
57. CB Brandon Boykin, Georgia
58. OLB Bobby Wagner, Utah State

Direckshun
03-08-2012, 08:28 PM

Meh... I don't think that Washington defense plays to his strengths.

He's a phone booth, Kelly Gregg type character. He's not athletic, he's not running people down.

He's a block of granite. He's strong as a bull. And I believe he's got the power to plant and absorb blockers.

doomy3
03-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Michael Vick won't play forever, and he is pretty much a given to miss time every year. The Eagles did sign Trent Edwards, but want to draft Vick's eventual replacement. This is just about a perfect situation for a young QB - established starter, coach who has gotten good results from his QBs and runs a pass happy offense, and offensive weapons everywhere. With some time and work, this guy could turn into a damn good player. The physical tools are certainly there.

The Eagles select Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State

Chocolate Hog
03-08-2012, 08:57 PM
He didn't run at the combine.

Because he's slow.

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Because he's slow.

He didn't work out at the combine at all. Does that mean he can't jump or catch, too?

Direckshun
03-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Michael Vick won't play forever, and he is pretty much a given to miss time every year. The Eagles did sign Trent Edwards, but want to draft Vick's eventual replacement. This is just about a perfect situation for a young QB - established starter, coach who has gotten good results from his QBs and runs a pass happy offense, and offensive weapons everywhere. With some time and work, this guy could turn into a damn good player. The physical tools are certainly there.

Shit pick.

Enjoy your shit. It's shitty.

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Because he's slow.

Are you just butthurt because he abused the Nubs for 148yds and TD despite not playing the 4th quarter?

SNR
03-08-2012, 09:14 PM
It's way too early to be picking from this crop of crap QBs. Way too fucking early.

I could understand the Tannehill pick just because that high ceiling of his isn't an absolute pipe dream. He's the definition of fixer-upper. With Foles and Osweiler you didn't buy fixer-uppers. You bought good land and a nice location with god awful money pits sitting on top.

Osweiler's inaccuracy, poor judgment, and sloppy footwork require YEARS of constant attention and coaching. No team, not even the Eagles are going to give him the benefit of the doubt even in riding the pine after the second year. Better prospects will be investigated, other QBs will be brought in, and Osweiler's os will be out the door (see what I did there?) before you know it.

You take a guy like him in the 5th round at the EARLIEST in case you get lucky and the real Brock Osweiler is returned by the aliens who abducted him, and he's actually got the skills to play QB in the NFL. Not in the 2nd though.

Chocolate Hog
03-08-2012, 09:20 PM
He didn't work out at the combine at all. Does that mean he can't jump or catch, too?

He never showed speed while playing at USC.

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2012, 09:28 PM
He never showed speed while playing at USC.

That's not his game. He's not a 4.3 burner. He's a big, physical receiver with excellent hands and adequate speed. When you're 6'3" 216 you don't need to run a 4.3 or 4.4. IMO, he's a Dwayne Bowe (maybe a tad less physical) with better hands. Bowe ran a 4.51 and that's around where I expect Jeffery to run.

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2012, 09:32 PM
By the way, nfldraftscout has the following 40 times listed:

Justin Blackmon 4.54
Kendall Wright 4.61
Alshon Jeffery 4.56
Michael Floyd 4.47
Rueben Randle 4.55
Mohamed Sanu 4.67

BossChief
03-08-2012, 09:34 PM
If there's a mod watching this, could they please change BossChief's name to BossReach?I know, but at least that's what I'm advertising the picks as and the upside is there for both players.

Going into last year, I thought Foles had a chance to be the second qb off the board and if he had a defense, he would have won a fuckton more games and would be looked at differently. Not trying to make excuses, the kid made mistakes that cost his team games, but he was also the only reason they were even in most of their games.

Upshaw is a special type of player that I think is underrated a lot.

But, yeah both are probably "reaches" as far as popular draft value goes.

Direckshun
03-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't mind the Foles pick too much. I think he's underrated.

He's battle tested and has been the man for years. He's also had to carry his shit team against good competition.

I think he can make noise in the right situation. I'm not sure if Miami's that place, though. That place can't coach quarterbacks for shit.

If Miami was going to reach for a QB, better to do it for a guy who is pretty much going to be what you want the day you draft him. Kirk Cousins.

Chocolate Hog
03-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Is there really such a thing as a reach in early March? It's not like Boss selected a guy with a 3rd round grade in the first.

Chocolate Hog
03-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't mind the Foles pick too much. I think he's underrated.

He's battle tested and has been the man for years. He's also had to carry his shit team against good competition.

I think he can make noise in the right situation. I'm not sure if Miami's that place, though. That place can't coach quarterbacks for shit.

If Miami was going to reach for a QB, better to do it for a guy who is pretty much going to be what you want the day you draft him. Kirk Cousins.

You don't think Philbin and Sherman can coach QB's? I disagree. Foles would be a good fit in Miami.

jd1020
03-08-2012, 10:02 PM
By the way, nfldraftscout has the following 40 times listed:

Justin Blackmon 4.54
Kendall Wright 4.61
Alshon Jeffery 4.56
Michael Floyd 4.47
Rueben Randle 4.55
Mohamed Sanu 4.67

I still don't believe that time.

Watching his 40 and using a stop watch I, and many others, timed low-mid 4.4's.

DJ's left nut
03-08-2012, 10:08 PM

No !@#$ing way that just happened.

Okay, the "we need a QB" thing has officially made Chiefs fans retarded. Brock Osweiler just went in the 2nd round to team that already had a legitimate starting QB. Hell, it wasn't even a guy like Cousins that could actually play next year, but rather a guy that won't be able to play for 3 but may desperately need to be ready next season.

I think Reachmaqe just got let off the hook for his Mercilus pick.

Dicky McElephant
03-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Annnnnnnnnd no one remembers my 49ers pick. Thanks doomy.

Lono
03-08-2012, 10:19 PM
The Jets addressed a significant need in the first round on offense. This time they pick up a big time position of need that some might think is a bit of a reach. There aren't very many quality safeties in this draft so the Jets pick one when they can. With the 47th pick in the 2012 draft the New York Jets pick Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

doomy3
03-08-2012, 10:26 PM
LMAO

Wow, you guys really didn't like that pick. I realize I'm probably higher than most here on Osweiler, but the kid has huge physical upside. I think he will be a second round pick in the real draft, so I don't think it was some massive reach.

And I do think a team like the Eagles are a perfect spot for him and anticipate them spending a pick in the top 3 rounds on the position this year.

We'll see though.

doomy3
03-08-2012, 10:29 PM
No !@#$ing way that just happened.

Okay, the "we need a QB" thing has officially made Chiefs fans retarded. Brock Osweiler just went in the 2nd round to team that already had a legitimate starting QB. Hell, it wasn't even a guy like Cousins that could actually play next year, but rather a guy that won't be able to play for 3 but may desperately need to be ready next season.

I think Reachmaqe just got let off the hook for his Mercilus pick.

This post doesn't even make sense to me. This is similar to the Mallet pick for NE last year, IMO. And a guy who may desperately need to be ready? Why? I didn't draft him to be a backup to Vick. That's why they signed Edwards. I drafted him to be a potential replacement.

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Sweet. Patriots need to upgrade their pass rush. We get to add one of the best passrushers in the draft to fold. Also get a player that can play in both 3-4 and 4-3. So far I have gotten all 3 of my targets for the Patriots in this draft. Winning.

New England Patriots select Vinny Curry, OLB/DE, Marshall.

SNR
03-08-2012, 10:47 PM
LMAO

Wow, you guys really didn't like that pick. I realize I'm probably higher than most here on Osweiler, but the kid has huge physical upside. I think he will be a second round pick in the real draft, so I don't think it was some massive reach.

And I do think a team like the Eagles are a perfect spot for him and anticipate them spending a pick in the top 3 rounds on the position this year.

We'll see though.You do have it right that if a team drafts him it will be someone like the Eagles who already have their QBs in place.

I see the physical upside, but if I'm going to pick out a project QB, he has to have shown flashes. Incredible size and a good arm just aren't enough for the 2nd fucking round for me.

doomy3
03-08-2012, 10:52 PM
People may hate this pick too - who knows. Yes, the Chargers have Antonio Gates, but he is old and getting slow and has foot problems. This guy has everything you look for in a pass catching TE, and the Chargers love involving the TE in their offense. And the Patriots showed that you can put 2 athletic freaks at TE and make it work.

With that in mind, the Chargers select Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Damn doomy is killing it for the Chargers. Reiff and Fleener, that would be a hell of a draft for the Chiefs.

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2012, 11:23 PM
By the way, we made 19 picks today. Good job guys especially with the weekend coming up - which naturally is slower.

DaKCMan AP
03-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Well, after the Eagles went QB the Bears were sure Fleener would slip to them at #49 but the Chargers surprised with a pick that, IMO, makes ZERO sense to a team that needs significant improvement in other areas where they don't already have an All-Pro.

After (stupidly) letting Greg Olsen go last offseason the Bears and Jay Cutler need help at the TE position. With Fleener gone it's on to plan AB (not B) and a prospect that should immediately step in as an every down player as a receiving TE AND a run blocker.

The Chicago Bears select Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson.

doomy3
03-09-2012, 08:52 AM
The Eagles need some help at both safety spots, and this is a gut with good size/speed combo who has good coverage skills and is a pretty good tackler.

The Eagles select Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State

Direckshun
03-09-2012, 09:01 AM
I love that ONE DAY after I select Charles, he gets fucking arrested.

Direckshun
03-09-2012, 09:03 AM
I still don't believe that time.

Watching his 40 and using a stop watch I, and many others, timed low-mid 4.4's.

When did you stopwatch time Kendall Wright? LMAO

DJ's left nut
03-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Sigh....my board is all set up and stuff. Let's get a move on, kiddos...

doomy3
03-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Well, after the Eagles went QB the Bears were sure Fleener would slip to them at #49 but the Chargers surprised with a pick that, IMO, makes ZERO sense to a team that needs significant improvement in other areas where they don't already have an All-Pro.

After (stupidly) letting Greg Olsen go last offseason the Bears and Jay Cutler need help at the TE position. With Fleener gone it's on to plan AB (not B) and a prospect that should immediately step in as an every down player as a receiving TE AND a run blocker.

The Chicago Bears select Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson.

See, this is such a short sighted take, IMO. Yes, I could have taken a lesser prospect that would fill a larger glaring need. I just don't think that's how good teams are built. I would imagine that if Norv Turner had Gronkowski on his roster, he'd figure out some way to get him and Gates on the field and use his weapons. With Vincent Jackson potentially leaving town, Rivers will need some more weapons. Would I rather have who I consider to be the best TE in this draft and a first round talent, or a middle of the road WR replacing some of the Jackson production? I'll take Fleener all day long. Plus, it isn't as if Gates is Mr. Iron Man or anything.

DJ's left nut
03-09-2012, 10:37 AM
I actually think that Fleener is a good pickup.

Gates is really slowing down fast and the Chargers could make good use of a 2 TE set for the next year or two, especially with Jackson likely gone.

Fleener's a great pick; I think KCMan is just pissed because you got his guy.

(But seriously, Osweiler in the 2nd round remains just silly...)

DaKCMan AP
03-09-2012, 10:38 AM
See, this is such a short sighted take, IMO. Yes, I could have taken a lesser prospect that would fill a larger glaring need. I just don't think that's how good teams are built. I would imagine that if Norv Turner had Gronkowski on his roster, he'd figure out some way to get him and Gates on the field and use his weapons. With Vincent Jackson potentially leaving town, Rivers will need some more weapons. Would I rather have who I consider to be the best TE in this draft and a first round talent, or a middle of the road WR replacing some of the Jackson production? I'll take Fleener all day long. Plus, it isn't as if Gates is Mr. Iron Man or anything.

I understand where you're coming from, but that team has real needs. They could afford to fill a need in the 2nd round and grab a guy who's more a project (and more like Gates, too) in Ladarius Green around the 3rd-4th round.

DJ's left nut
03-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I understand where you're coming from, but that team has real needs. They could afford to fill a need in the 2nd round and grab a guy who's more a project (and more like Gates, too) in Ladarius Green around the 3rd-4th round.

With Jackson gone and a wide-open division, a guy like Fleener that can both contribute immediately and present a long-term replacement for Gates is a great get, especially considering the value he presented that deep into the 2nd.

I agree that there are other guys that could've helped the Chargers as well, but that doesn't mean that Fleener can't be just as useful.

DaKCMan AP
03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
With Jackson gone and a wide-open division, a guy like Fleener that can both contribute immediately and present a long-term replacement for Gates is a great get, especially considering the value he presented that deep into the 2nd.

I agree that there are other guys that could've helped the Chargers as well, but that doesn't mean that Fleener can't be just as useful.

Fleener can be useful but is sort of a luxury pick, IMO. I think rush backer is a bigger need for them and would have given serious thought to Ronnell Lewis.

doomy3
03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Fleener can be useful but is sort of a luxury pick, IMO. I think rush backer is a bigger need for them and would have given serious thought to Ronnell Lewis.

Ronnell Lewis did get some thought. I certainly agree with you that rush linebacker is a huge need for them, but again, Fleener is a MUCH better prospect at TE than Lewis is at OLB, IMO.

jd1020
03-09-2012, 10:58 AM
When did you stopwatch time Kendall Wright? LMAO

Its called watching a clip of his combine workout.

I get 4.43-4.45 every time. His unofficial time at the combine was 4.45. Never do I even get close to 4.61. The highest I ever got was 4.5.

SNR
03-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I thought Fleener was a good pick. Especially since Gates has been getting his labia bruised for the past couple seasons now

DJ's left nut
03-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Ronnell Lewis did get some thought. I certainly agree with you that rush linebacker is a huge need for them, but again, Fleener is a MUCH better prospect at TE than Lewis is at OLB, IMO.

Vinny Curry would've been where I went with that pick, but Fleener's absolutely defensible.

DaKCMan AP
03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Vinny Curry would've been where I went with that pick, but Fleener's absolutely defensible.

Curry would have been the Charger's first choice for me too but he was taken the pick before.

DJ's left nut
03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Curry would have been the Charger's first choice for me too but he was taken the pick before.

Well shit...looked right over that one; must've been at the bottom of a page or something (nope, not really, I'm just an idiot).

Nice pick, ChiefsCountry; I would've probably grabbed him with my Lions pick as I don't think Avril's coming back and he has massive upside. Great 2nd round pick.

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I didn't realize how fucking stupid the Lounge is right now, guess I have spent way too much time here in DraftPlanet.

Nightfyre
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I find it interesting that RG3 can spill from draft planet into the lounge, but peyton can't spill from the lounge into draft planet. Its a one-way street baby!

jd1020
03-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I find it interesting that RG3 can spill from draft planet into the lounge, but peyton can't spill from the lounge into draft planet. Its a one-way street baby!

FUCK!

I've been dating everything as 2012. I completely forgot it was 1998.

Sfeihc
03-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Was Marco Poloed? FWIW, I like the Fleener pick now that ASU QB, that's another story.

Nightfyre
03-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Osweiler will go in the second or third round because he has the physical gifts to be great.

Dicky McElephant
03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
I've got the Bengals pick whenever he's up.

Marco Polo
03-09-2012, 12:40 PM
The Titans need TWO guards. Their LG was terrible last year, so Tennessee's first pick in Cordy Glenn will hope to replace him. RG Jake Scott is a FA and could walk away. Tennessee goes true fan again and drafts another guard, shoring up that area for years.

The Tennessee Titans select Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin.

SNR
03-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm a Badger homer, but Zeitler is awesome. Good value. I think he's going to wind up a late first/early second round guy depending on the demand at the position.

Dicky McElephant
03-09-2012, 12:48 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals select Lamar Miller, RB, The U.

Per a PM from Sfeihc.

SNR
03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Just curious, Pest, but what do you like about Lamar Miller over David Wilson? Is it that he's got more experience and doesn't run as upright?

DJ's left nut
03-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Well since none of the 1st round caliber CBs fell to the Lions and Curry came off the board just before they were up, Detroit is set to deal with a pretty significant problem in their defensive backfield. An aggressive offense has to be supplemented by a defense that compements it; I.E. one that can play with a lead and against teams that are going to attack it through the air. With a couple of pocket-collapsing lineman in the middle, their DBs don't have to be able to hold on forever, but definitely need to be better than their present pair.

So with their 2nd round pick, the Lions go with:

Chase Minnifield, CB - Virginia. Unlike Dennard, he has the potential to be a legitimate #1 CB. There's a whole lot of Carr in this kid, IMO, but with perhaps a little more straight line speed and better body control. The Lions are happy to have him here.

Dicky McElephant
03-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Just curious, Pest, but what do you like about Lamar Miller over David Wilson? Is it that he's got more experience and doesn't run as upright?

Ask sfheic.....it was his pick.

SNR
03-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Ask sfheic.....it was his pick.
Doh!

Sfheic... same question?

DeezNutz
03-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Who is holding up the mock? Who. The. Fuck?

Dicky McElephant
03-09-2012, 03:03 PM
BossChief

DJ's left nut
03-09-2012, 03:53 PM
!@#$ - MY BAD!

PM Sent. Direkshun moves that I be expelled from this draft and all future drafts...

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2012, 04:02 PM
We are just waiting for Marvin McNutt to be picked, no biggie really.

DeezNutz
03-09-2012, 04:46 PM
!@#$ - MY BAD!

PM Sent. Direkshun moves that I be expelled from this draft and all future drafts...

You're not coming to the SEC with us with this type of performance. This is Big IIX shit here.

BossChief
03-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Just got home. I'll have my pick in shortly.

I'm trying to find the best reach for my team.

BossChief
03-09-2012, 05:40 PM
One thing that was "off" a bit with Atlantas late season run was that their bell cow seemed to wind down considerably. TBH I'm a bit shocked that this guy is still on the board.

Going into that offense, this kid has a chance to be a very busy player in the next few years and is great value at this point.

In the second round of the 2012 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select

David Wilson, RB Virginia Tech

Dicky McElephant
03-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Michael Turner
Jason Snelling
Jacquizz Rodgers

SNR
03-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Christ. That was the Packers pick. First Manning in Denver and now this

BossChief
03-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Michael Turner looks done and the value of this kid in the late second round is outstanding.

Chocolate Hog
03-09-2012, 06:55 PM
The Falcons scored 5 points in the playoffs. They need all the talent on offense they can get.

Woodrow Call
03-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm on the road at the moment. I'll have my pick in around 9 sorry for the hold up.

Frosty
03-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Michael Turner
Jason Snelling
Jacquizz Rodgers

Snelling is a FA, IIRC.

I'm not sure who is available now but I probably would have looked defense for the Falcons. Their passing D sucked last year.

Sfeihc
03-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks for posting my pick. I like Miller and his home run ability but Wilson is no slouch, he just fumbles a lot. Either would have been a fine pick for the Bengals but Miller and his speed won out over Wilson and his fumbles. I know their 40 times are close but Miller seems to have more game-breaking ability.

Woodrow Call
03-10-2012, 01:44 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers select Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State

The Steelers offensive line was terrible last year and guard is a major need. Siatolu is one of my favorite small school prospects and his stock seems to be rising. I think once this guy gets adjusted to level of competition he will be a very good player for a lot of years.

DeezNutz
03-10-2012, 07:41 AM
The recent run on the position made this GM a bit worried and annoyed; however, these players have dropped enough in this draft to allow quantity to win out.

The Broncos have a stable of brokedicks and marginal talent in their backfield. Ideally, the team would have liked to address the secondary, but the value just isn't there at this point. Thus, we go RB in an effort to get the ball out of Tebow's hands as much as possible. We're hoping that this player might be able to throw, too:

Doug Martin, RB, Boise State

The Texans are on the clock.

SNR
03-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Aaaaand all the RB value is gone.

Thanks guys.

Nightfyre
03-10-2012, 01:42 PM
A long long time ago
I can still remember
How that pick used to make me smile
And I knew if I had a place
That I could increase that mock draft pace
And maybe they'd be happy for a while
But March made me shiver
With every pick I didn't deliver
Bad news in the draft sticky
I couldn't make a single picky
I can't remember if I cried
When I mulled about my jilted pride
But something touched me deep inside
The day the mock draft died

Lono
03-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Sorry the pick is a bit late, just got home from a golf tourney.

The Texans have been in need of a nose tackle for a couple years. This is the year they get one. They typically like quicker guys on the dline over big lugs. With the 58th pick of the 2012 Draft the Houston Texans select, Josh Chapman, Alabama.

SNR
03-10-2012, 04:44 PM
BAN DIRECKSHUN

BossChief
03-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Don't want to tip my hand too much, but I was hoping Chapman would have lasted to the Dolphins pick.

Oh well, lots of good players left on the board.

the Talking Can
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
i guess chapman's stock is rising...i was hoping he'd be there for the chiefs later..

Dicky McElephant
03-10-2012, 06:21 PM
I've got Direckshun's pick. Let me get that shit posted...

Dicky McElephant
03-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Per Direckshun's PM.

The New Orleans Saints select Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State.

SNR
03-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Christ. Interior offensive linemen and RBs have been flying off the board. I'm still not liking the prospects for 3-4 passrushers in this position, either.

Realistically, the Packers STILL need defensive line help. This is turning into a Piolian draft circa 2009, but in this case the best player that fits the Packers is sitting right there. Rather than pick from a fleet of corners that are all at kind of the same level (Johnson, Boykin, Bentley) they pick the guy that won't be there in the 3rd.

With that pick, the Packers will be back to their dominant defensive line they had in 2010.

The Green Bay Packers select Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska

Chocolate Hog
03-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Looks like Jarrett Johnson will be a free agent so this is a pretty logical pick.

Baltimore Ravens select: Shea McClellin OLB Boise State

DJ's left nut
03-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Christ. Interior offensive linemen and RBs have been flying off the board. I'm still not liking the prospects for 3-4 passrushers in this position, either.

Realistically, the Packers STILL need defensive line help. This is turning into a Piolian draft circa 2009, but in this case the best player that fits the Packers is sitting right there. Rather than pick from a fleet of corners that are all at kind of the same level (Johnson, Boykin, Bentley) they pick the guy that won't be there in the 3rd.

With that pick, the Packers will be back to their dominant defensive line they had in 2010.

The Green Bay Packers select Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska

Great pick, imo. His floor is a solid rotational lineman with a borderline all pro ceiling. That said, i like him a lot more as an undertackle in a 4-3.

Chocolate Hog
03-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Great pick, imo. His floor is a solid rotational lineman with a borderline all pro ceiling. That said, i like him a lot more as an undertackle in a 4-3.

He's a better 3-4 D-End.

BTW fuck you SNR for stealing my pick.

DJ's left nut
03-10-2012, 09:21 PM
He's a better 3-4 D-End.

BTW fuck you SNR for stealing my pick.

I'll defer to the nub; seems like hes capable of being more dynamic than he'll be asked to be as a 3-4 de in GB, that's all.

SNR
03-10-2012, 11:33 PM
I'll defer to the nub; seems like hes capable of being more dynamic than he'll be asked to be as a 3-4 de in GB, that's all.That's what people said about JJ Watt as well. Even in that Wade Phillips defense, he's not being asked to do much more than he would as a 5-tech in a Capers or Crennel 3-4. It's working phenomenally for them.

Dicky McElephant
03-11-2012, 12:16 AM
I'll have my pick in the next 5 minutes.

Dicky McElephant
03-11-2012, 12:21 AM
The San Francisco 49ers select Jayron Hosley, CB/PR, Virginia Tech.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Goddammit!

Stupid, careless jackass. I had no idea the Panthers traded their 3rd for Greg Olsen.

I was stupid for not knowing it, the Panthers were stupid for actually doing it.

Ugh.

ChiefsCountry
03-11-2012, 01:20 PM
New England keeps upgrading its wide receiver core. 2nd round is about taking players who could be 1st rounders but have some flaws. The Patriots are adding another big strong WR to add with Sanu. With this pick, Sanu on the outside with Welker in the slot and the two TEs that New England has, the offense could be nearly unstoppable.

New England Patriots select Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Great pick by Pats. I'm a big fan of Jones.

Guy is gigantic.

1. DE/OLB Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma
2. OT Bobbie Massie, Ole Miss
3. DE Jack Baquette, Arkansas
4. RB LaMichael James, Oregon
5. WR Tommy Streeter, Miami
6. DE/DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
7. QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State
8. OT Zebrie Sanders, Florida State
9. RB Chris Polk, Washington
10. WR Marvin McNutt, Iowa
11. FS Brandon Taylor, LSU
12. WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma
13. WR Nick Toon, Wisconsin
14. OLB Sean Spence, Miami
15. DE/DT Kendall Reyes, Connecticut
16. QB Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
17. C Ben Jones, Georgia
18. OT Andrew Datko, Florida State
19. CB/S Trumaine Johnson, Montana
20. DT Mike Martin, Michigan
21. OG Brandon Washington, Miami
22. OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State
23. RB Vick Ballard, Mississippi State
24. OT Mitchell Schwartz, California
25. RB Bernard Pierce, Temple
26. DE/OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
27. SS George Iloka, Boise State
28. C Ben Jones, Georgia
29. OG Ryan Miller, Colorado
30. DE Chandler Jones, Syracuse
31. OT Nate Potter, Boise State
32. RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
33. CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina
34. ILB Tank Carder, TCU
35. CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt
36. SS Antonio Allen, South Carolina
37. DE/DT Billy Winn, Boise State
38. DE Cam Johnson, Virginia
39. OT Senio Kelemete, Washington
40. ILB Audie Cole, North Carolina State
41. DE/OLB Jonathan Massaquoi, Troy
42. CB Brandon Boykin, Georgia
43. OLB Bobby Wagner, Utah State
44. OG Brandon Brooks, Miami
45. CB Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma
46. WR Devon Wylie, Fresno State

SNR
03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Crick and Harrison Smith have both been taken, bree

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Giants can pretty much take anybody they want here.

This team is as without holes as any team in the NFL.

Dicky McElephant
03-11-2012, 01:37 PM
So is Minnefield.

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Crick and Harrison Smith have both been taken, bree

Took 'em off.

Added two more.

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
So is Minnefield.

Took him off. Added one of my favorite sleepers.

htismaqe
03-11-2012, 02:19 PM
The Giants are proof that you can never have too many pass-rushers. They've also successfully found a spot in their defense for "tweeners" after converting Kiwanuka to LB.

They value pass rushing production and this guy's versatility fits everything the Giants do on defense...

The New York Giants select:

RONNELL LEWIS, DE, OKLAHOMA

Rams Fan
03-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Leggo Billay

Chocolate Hog
03-11-2012, 03:30 PM
The Colts really aren't making this easy on Andrew Luck. Switching to a 3-4 there are so many holes that needed the filled on defense. Problem is there's just as many needing to be filled on offense. With that being said I'm not going to put Andrew Luck in a position to fail so once again I'm going offense.

Colts Select Chris Polk Washington

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Luck better be as good as advertised.

The Colts just dumped half their offense and are changing their defense.

Luck could end up in pretty dire straits when this is all said and done.

Rams Fan
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Will make the pick in a few minutes.

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Question for Rams Fan, now that he's on the board:

Who do you want the Rams to take at #6, assuming Blackmon and Kalil are off the board?

Rams Fan
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Sam Bradford needs better pass protection, and Steven Jackson needs some one to block for him.

The Rams are extremely happy that this guard fell to them here.

With the 66th selection in the CP Draft, the St. Louis Rams select:

Ryan Miller, G, Colorado

Rams Fan
03-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Question for Rams Fan, now that he's on the board:

Who do you want the Rams to take at #6, assuming Blackmon and Kalil are off the board?

Claiborne or Richardson, possibly Poe.

Dicky McElephant
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Claiborne or Blackmon, possibly Poe.

What about Brockers?

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Brockers is not Top 10 talent.

Dicky McElephant
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Neither was Tyson Jackson.

Rams Fan
03-11-2012, 03:52 PM
I meant Richardson, he'd help give the Rams a nice 1-2 combo for a few seasons then succeed SJ.

Marco Polo
03-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Thus far Minnesota has shored up their LT and CB areas. With the news yesterday that the Vikes released both of their starting guards, Minnesota needs to draft at least one in the draft (word is they are trying to retain Hutchinson at a lower salary).

After a strong combine, this prospect moved into several "Top 5" lists at the guard position.

The Minnesota Vikings select Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (OH).

Damn both Vikes and Titans for releasing their starters at the guard position; that's all I've been drafting!

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Neither was Tyson Jackson.

Considering 2009's draft, Jackson might have been.

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 06:46 PM
The Browns have drafted so far:

1. QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor
1. DE Nick Perry, USC
2. WR Alshon Jeffrey, South Carolina
3. ???

Maybe the best draft in this mock, two rounds in. RG3 is a potential franchise guy, Perry's a top 10 talent in this draft, and I was going to pick Jeffrey the very next pick.

The Browns still need OL help and secondary help.

I think the tackles available at this juncture (Massie, Sanders, Datko, Adcock) are much better than the corners available at this juncture (Johnson, Norman).

If he goes tackle, he'll get strong value and can literally pick from a various assortment of players.

DaKCMan AP
03-11-2012, 07:23 PM
I wish Direkshun would wait until after I pick to analyze the Browns options. :p

I'm actually surprised this guy is still available and he'll fit in nicely at RT, a big need for Cleveland.

The Cleveland Browns select Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State.

Sfeihc
03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss.

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I wish Direkshun would wait until after I pick to analyze the Browns options. :p

I'm actually surprised this guy is still available and he'll fit in nicely at RT, a big need for Cleveland.

The Cleveland Browns select Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State.

Pick faster and this won't be a problem.

Woodrow Call
03-11-2012, 08:31 PM
The Washington Redskins select Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami (Fla)

The Reskins could certainly use help at WR and I'm still a sucker for players from The U. When you have a chance to take a guy with his combination of size and speed, it's hard to not roll the dice and hope you can coach him up on his route running etc.

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Fuu*******. In Round 2, a huge, lanky receivers with incredible upside (Jeffrey) got scooped up right before my selection.

In Round 3, the same thing (Streeter). WTF is Gabbert going to do?

Thus goes Jags' challenging draft:

1. DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
2. TE Orson Charles, Georgia
3. ???

Really there's two ways to go here. You can go receiver, or you can go tackle. The Jags could also use a corner but there are decent corners on the market.

Receiver isn't that bad of an option. Marvin McNutt. Nick Toon. Ryan Broyles. I'd back off Broyles because the Jags need help now and they need someone on the outside. Broyles will need to be eased in and he's a slot guy. And Toon is an unknown quantity.

McNutt is a good option here. He's a really polished prospect and can start making noise immediately on the outside.

Tackle also sports Andrew Datko and Levi Adcock. I'm particularly high on Adcock as a right tackle prospect. I think the third round is a steal for him with the offense the Jags employ.

So what helps Gabbert more? Adcock or McNutt?

Gotta give Gabbert help downfield. Iowa WR Marvin McNutt goes to Jacksonville.

BossChief is on the clock.

BossChief
03-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Well, ain't that bout a bitch.

Give me a little bit to make my pick.

First the Peyton thing and now this.

Dicky McElephant
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Well that changes the rest of my draft. Looks like it's back to surrounding Matt Cassel with as much talent as I possibly can.

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 09:42 PM
I think the 'Phins have a number of options.

1. DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
2. QB Nick Foles, Arizona
3. ???

The Dolphins desperately need a right tackle, and Adcock and Datko are still on the board. Mitchell Schwartz is too.

They need all kinds of defensive line personnel, however, and may just want to start building there to ensure they don't lose a season to a defense transition. Jack Baquette would work as a DE, while Wolfe and Reyes could make for good three-tech options.

I think I'd go with Baquette. He's got limited ceiling, but he probably plays at that level right now.

My favorite pick for the Phins might be Bruce Irvin, though. He's athletic enough to play the Von Miller type role at linebacker.

1. DE Jack Baquette, Arkansas
2. RB LaMichael James, Oregon
3. DE/DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
4. QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State
5. FS Brandon Taylor, LSU
6. WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma
7. WR Nick Toon, Wisconsin
8. OLB Sean Spence, Miami
9. DE/DT Kendall Reyes, Connecticut
10. QB Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
11. C Ben Jones, Georgia
12. OT Andrew Datko, Florida State
13. CB/S Trumaine Johnson, Montana
14. DT Mike Martin, Michigan
15. OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State
16. TE Ladarius Green, Louisiana Tech
17. RB Vick Ballard, Mississippi State
18. OT Mitchell Schwartz, California
19. RB Bernard Pierce, Temple
20. DE/OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
21. SS George Iloka, Boise State
22. DE Chandler Jones, Syracuse
23. OT Nate Potter, Boise State
24. RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
25. CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina
26. ILB Tank Carder, TCU
27. CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt
28. SS Antonio Allen, South Carolina
29. DE/DT Billy Winn, Boise State
30. DE Cam Johnson, Virginia
31. OT Senio Kelemete, Washington
32. ILB Audie Cole, North Carolina State
33. DE/OLB Jonathan Massaquoi, Troy
34. CB Brandon Boykin, Georgia
35. OLB Bobby Wagner, Utah State
36. OG Brandon Brooks, Miami
37. CB Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma
38. WR Devon Wylie, Fresno State
39. WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas
40. CB Coryell Judie, Texas A&M
41. RB Robert Turbin, Utah State
42. OG Jeff Allen, Illinois
43. OLB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
44. OG Lucas Nix, Pittsburgh
45. OLB Demario Davis, Arkansas State
46. OG Tony Bergstrom, Utah
47. DE Tyson Crawford, Boise State
48. DT DaJohn Harris, USC
49. DE Malik Jackson, Tennessee
50. Michael McCants, Alabama-Birmingham

SNR
03-11-2012, 09:55 PM
The Jaguars drafted players named Melvin, Orson, and Marvin.

NERDS

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 09:58 PM
The Jaguars drafted players named Melvin, Orson, and Marvin.

NERDS

Gold.

All told, my favorite name of a prospect this year is Tysyn.

BossChief
03-11-2012, 10:07 PM
There are a few players that might be a tad better value here as far as perception goes, but I am not going with that as much as I am trusting my own eyes with my picks.

Every time I watched Baylor to see RG3 I kept seeing this guy pop up over and over and was impressive in doing what he would be asked to do in Miamis new hybrid scheme that may transition to a full blown 40 front in the next couple years or run both alignments to take advantage to what offenses want to do to them.

He can man the nose in a 30 front or a 40 front and eat up blockers while also being disruptive.

I know how many of us watched him and doubt that he is only on my radar this highly, so I think this is about the appropriate place to take the kid.

During shrine practices and the game, the kid was an animal and looks the part as well.

With the team set to lose Paul Soliai to FA, they need to get someone in there to get some reps and possibly be the future stone wall for that defense in the middle.

With the options for filling the position with a quality guy dwindling...

In the third round of the 2012 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select

Nick Jean-Baptiste, DT/NT, Baylor \

Mr. Awesome is on the clock.

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Probably could have landed him in the 5th.

DaKCMan AP
03-12-2012, 05:31 AM
Bears select Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse.

Someone please pm next.

htismaqe
03-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Where's my PM, yo?

htismaqe
03-12-2012, 07:43 AM
The Bills select:

BRIAN QUICK, WR, APPALACHIAN STATE

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Will Penz or CC PLEASE update the board?

DaKCMan AP
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Where's my PM, yo?

Made the pick as I was boarding a plane. Hoped someone else would have PMed you.

htismaqe
03-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Made the pick as I was boarding a plane. Hoped someone else would have PMed you.

It's cool, I got my pick in.

SNR
03-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Ban Pestilence

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 11:37 AM
I'll have it in a bit.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
GODDAMN YOU PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

My guy was there. The Panthers were winning a Super Bowl but/for the fact they traded a 3rd rounder for Greg freakin' Olsen.

Ugh...screw those guys.

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Who do the Chiefs go with, people?

1. RB Trent Richardson, Alabama
2. OT Kelechi Osmele, Iowa State
3. ???

Ladarius Green?

Brandon Weeden?

Bruce Irvin?

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Who do the Chiefs go with, people?

1. RB Trent Richardson, Alabama
2. OT Kelechi Osmele, Iowa State
3. ???

Ladarius Green?

Brandon Weeden?

Bruce Irvin?

Vontaze Burfict

Why? Why the !@#$ not?

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Vontaze Burfict

Why? Why the !@#$ not?

Because he's 6th round talent?

Nightfyre
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Leonard Johnson....

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Because he's 6th round talent?

He's a 1st round talent.

He's just a sociopath.

In other words, he's a 3rd round pick.

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
He's a 1st round talent.

He's just a sociopath.

In other words, he's a 3rd round pick.

He's not athletic, he's not smart, he's a locker room cancer waiting to happen.

the Talking Can
03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
what do people think about Brandon Taylor?

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 12:22 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs select Philip Blake, OC/OG, Baylor

I don't see the value here for the other positions. I like Hudson at guard and Blake at center. Yeah, Blake will be 26 this season but offensive linemen play well into their 30's so I'm not worried about it. That shores up our offensive line for the next 5 to 6 years. Albert/Hudson/Blake/Asamoah/Osmele.

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
what do people think about Brandon Taylor?

He's currently very close to the top of my board. He would not be a bad pick.

I really like his versatility -- he is a free safety who can play pretty good centerfield, but can be used like Berry in some aspects up at the line of scrimmage if you ever felt the urge. His coverage is pretty strong, too.

He's as safe a pick as there is at this juncture.

DJ's left nut
He's not athletic, he's not smart, he's a locker room cancer waiting to happen.

He is athletic, but he's immature and he's probably an idiot.

C'mon - look at the tapes; do you really think that kid is a 5.0 in the 40? There's no question that his combine performance hurt him badly. But he also looked heavy to me - that points to his maturity again.

You may be right, maybe he just sucks, but that's not the kid I saw in 2010 and flashes of in 2011. The talent and athletic ability is absolutely there if he can just harness it.

His combine interviews have me questioning whether he can do that more than ever, but for a team like the Chiefs with a level-headed, defensiveminded head coach and a very talented supporting cast on defense (not to mention the fact that he would need to earn a job here), I think he'd be a great risk to take.

There are actually a couple of guys I would probably take ahead of him here, but both of those guys would also be my Detroit picks, so screw off ;)

Direckshun

I don't see the value here for the other positions. I like Hudson at guard and Blake at center. Yeah, Blake will be 26 this season but offensive linemen play well into their 30's so I'm not worried about it. That shores up our offensive line for the next 5 to 6 years. Albert/Hudson/Blake/Asamoah/Osmele.

Jesus.

:shake:

Dicky McElephant
The True Fans are going to scream my name from the mountain tops.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:24 PM

Man.

Motherfuck you, Pestilence...

You really have true-fanned it right up, haven't you?

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 12:24 PM
SNR sent me a PM with his pick.

The Seattle Seahawks select Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette.

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Man.

Motherfuck you, Pestilence...

You really have true-fanned it right up, haven't you?

Hey....I'm setting this team up so that when we draft Barkley next year.....he'll be good to go.

I didn't see any value anywhere else. At least now no one can bitch about the offensive line.

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
The True Fans are going to scream my name from the mountain tops.

Don't know how you'll hear it from Football Hell.

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 12:27 PM

Dude....I got the fucking shaft this year in the mock draft. I get the Chiefs when there is no unanimous fucking selection. No QB to take fucking take.....nothing.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Hey....I'm setting this team up so that when we draft Barkley next year.....he'll be good to go.

I didn't see any value anywhere else. At least now no one can bitch about the offensive line.

By the time Barkley's starting, won't Blake be playing for the Patriots? Call it the Waters-track for senior guards...

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
It's a process guys.

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Some great blocking tight ends should be up for the Chiefs pick in the 4th.

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
FFS.....you assholes didn't even give me the chance to reach on Tannehill or Foles. What am I left with? Weeden and Cousins?

the Talking Can
03-12-2012, 12:35 PM

LMAO

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Some great blocking tight ends should be up for the Chiefs pick in the 4th.

How's he going to address the hole at long-snapper?

Special Teams and field position wins championships. Get one punt blocked because of a lofted snap and it could mean the entire season.

I guess that's what they have the 5th round for...

the Talking Can
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
He's currently very close to the top of my board. He would not be a bad pick.

I really like his versatility -- he is a free safety who can play pretty good centerfield, but can be used like Berry in some aspects up at the line of scrimmage if you ever felt the urge. His coverage is pretty strong, too.

He's as safe a pick as there is at this juncture.

thanks

i'd have probably taken him or a flyer on Green...but i can see the logic of OL

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
I thought about taking Brandon Taylor but I figured people would scream about Kendrick Lewis.

doomy3
03-12-2012, 12:49 PM
This guy should fit well in the middle of the Eagles' 4-3. They have shit at MLB, and will likely sign a guy like Tulloch, but since this mock doesn't take FA signings into consideration, MLB is a huge need. This guy was thought to be a first round prospect and is in a free fall, but the 3rd round is a good time to take a risk on his upside.

The Eagles select Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:50 PM
HA!

Suck on that, Direckshun.

doomy3
03-12-2012, 12:56 PM
San Diego needs help in their secondary, at linebacker and on the defensive line. They have a few young guys who could be good, but will add some depth at end with the release of Castillo. This is the highest rated player on my board and so instead of reaching on a rush backer or corner, we'll draft the DT.

The Chargers select Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 12:57 PM
HA!

Suck on that, Direckshun.

About as big of a reach as taking Brock Osweiler in the 2nd.

The only thing I'm sucking is my own vindication.

And a big fat chili dog.

doomy3
03-12-2012, 12:57 PM
BTW, wasn't DaKCMan's last pick, Arthur Jones, a pick in LAST YEAR'S draft? I think I drafted him in the mock, and he was taken in the 5th round by Baltimore...

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 12:59 PM
BTW, wasn't DaKCMan's last pick, Arthur Jones, a pick in LAST YEAR'S draft? I think I drafted him in the mock, and he was taken in the 5th round by Baltimore...

Uhhhhhhhh....................

Wow.

That would be a first, if true. I know Arthur Jones isn't a prospect that was on my radar.

I guess now I know why.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Uhhhhhhhh....................

Wow.

That would be a first, if true. I know Arthur Jones isn't a prospect that was on my radar.

I guess now I know why.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Ha!

Surely DaKCMan isn't the Minnesota Vikings of the Mock, is he?

Everyone run their asses to the podium and get their picks in before he figures it out!

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I move to have his pick striken from the record, and have it recorded as if time ran out on the Bears' selection.

That would mean DaCaChiefsFan ( LMAO ) could make his selection at any time.

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Ha!

Surely DaKCMan isn't the Minnesota Vikings of the Mock, is he?

Everyone run their asses to the podium and get their picks in before he figures it out!

LMAO

ChiefsCountry
03-12-2012, 01:10 PM
I know the confusion on the Jones pick. Chandler Jones is who DaKCMan wanted to pick, its Arthur's little brother.
http://www.suathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8214

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 01:12 PM
I know the confusion on the Jones pick. Chandler Jones is who DaKCMan wanted to pick, its Arthur's little brother.
http://www.suathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8214

:thumb:

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 01:45 PM
So after 3 rounds of Chief's picks.....how would you have picked?

htismaqe
03-12-2012, 03:13 PM

I actually REALLY like this pick.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 03:20 PM
I actually REALLY like this pick.

{sees post, guesses it was reachmaqe}

IT WAS REACHMAQE!!!

Awesome....

(thank you fellas so very much for inviting me into this thread...it's truly wonderful)

htismaqe
03-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Outside of the context of the mock draft, I like Blake as a prospect.

SNR
03-12-2012, 04:20 PM
So after 3 rounds of Chief's picks.....how would you have picked?Keep Richardson.

I'm assuming the Chiefs are going to sign Paul Soliai. If they don't, they're fucking idiots. If they're fucking idiots, then Ta'amu would be my pick in the 2nd. Otherwise I like it.

I don't like the 3rd round pick too much, but whatever. Reyes is pretty damn good value in the 3rd round and fits our 3-4 scheme pretty well. Ladarius Green would be alright, but he's not much of a blocker; teams are going to use him as a receiving threat almost exclusively for at least his first year in the league. That being said, Moeaki tends to suffer from a bruised labia, and when he goes out we have absolutely NOBODY. I'd be all for bringing in Green and finding some shit blocking TE in free agency. Other thoughts are Nick Toon and Brandon Taylor.

DaKCMan AP
03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
The Chicago bears select Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin.

DeezNutz
03-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Arizona Mannings select:

Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 07:05 PM
I would have gone with Richardson, Ta'amu, and Green.

ChiefsCountry
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
This pick might be a little bit of a shocker but I think it will work. Dallas saw they aren't anything without Romo as their QB. They put a claim in for Orton even. Traditonally a 3rd round QB pick is a groom for the future but they need somebody who could play right away and be the backup. I think this guy fits the bill perfectly.

The Dallas Cowboys select Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State.

Dicky McElephant
03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
You son of a bitch.

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Very good draft for the Cowboys so far.

Direckshun
03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Go Chiefs.

1. DE Jack Baquette, Arkansas
2. RB LaMichael James, Oregon
3. DE/DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
4. FS Brandon Taylor, LSU
5. WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma
6. OLB Sean Spence, Miami
7. QB Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
8. C Ben Jones, Georgia
9. OT Andrew Datko, Florida State
10. CB/S Trumaine Johnson, Montana
11. DT Mike Martin, Michigan
12. OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State
13. RB Vick Ballard, Mississippi State
14. RB Bernard Pierce, Temple
15. DE/OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
16. SS George Iloka, Boise State
17. OT Nate Potter, Boise State
18. RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
19. CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina
20. ILB Tank Carder, TCU
21. CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt
22. SS Antonio Allen, South Carolina
23. C David Molk, Michigan
24. DE/DT Billy Winn, Boise State
25. DE Cam Johnson, Virginia
26. OT Senio Kelemete, Washington
27. WR Marvin Jones, California
28. ILB Audie Cole, North Carolina State
29. DE/OLB Jonathan Massaquoi, Troy
30. CB Dwight Bentley, Louisiana Lafayette
31. CB Brandon Boykin, Georgia
32. C Michael Brewster, Ohio State
33. OLB Bobby Wagner, Utah State
34. OG Brandon Brooks, Miami
35. OT Brandon Mosley, Auburn
36. CB Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma
37. WR Devon Wylie, Fresno State
38. WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas
39. CB Coryell Judie, Texas A&M
40. RB Robert Turbin, Utah State
41. OG Jeff Allen, Illinois
42. OLB Emmanuel Acho, Texas
43. OLB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
44. OG Lucas Nix, Pittsburgh
45. OLB Demario Davis, Arkansas State
46. OG Tony Bergstrom, Utah
47. DE Tyson Crawford, Boise State
48. DT DaJohn Harris, USC
49. DE Malik Jackson, Tennessee
50. OT Michael McCants, Alabama-Birmingham
51. FS Trenton Robinson, Michigan State
52. CB Leonard Johnson, Iowa State
53. OLB Keenan Robinson, Texas
54. RB Tauren Poole, Tennessee
55. DE/DT Kheeston Randall, Texas
56. OLB Frank Alexander, Oklahoma
57. WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida International
58. FB Terrance Ganaway, Baylor

Marco Polo
03-12-2012, 10:18 PM
The Music City football team grabbed two Guards in the first two rounds to open up holes and protect CJ2K and Peyton Manning- er Jake Locker. There is a lot of depth in several other need areas for the Titans so Tennessee can be a little bit more selective. Their ILB depth is nice but their OLB isn't. This prospect was graded a 2nd round pick at his position and after him, only a few guys remain until it drops off to 4th round talent.

The Tennessee Titans select Bobby Wagner, OLB, Utah State.

Sfeihc
03-12-2012, 11:17 PM
If this player hadn't got hurt during the season he would be long gone by now. He's expected to be just fine for his rookie campaign.

The Cincinnati Bengals select Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma.

BossChief
03-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Second round "big" in the end point of the third. Ill take it all day.

In the third round of the 2012 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select

Jack Baquette, DE Arkansas

the Talking Can
03-13-2012, 07:35 AM
If this player hadn't got hurt during the season he would be long gone by now. He's expected to be just fine for his rookie campaign.

The Cincinnati Bengals select Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma.

i like that pick for the bengals

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Well, the Lions are going to go back to back at the same position on this one, and it may or may not be a wise decision.

In either event, the blend of size, speed and raw athleticism is just too good to pass up. Better still, with the selection of Minnifield, the margin for error increases exponentially and we can take something of a boom/bust pick here. Worst case scenario is that he could put on a few more lbs and be among the better FSs in the league - best case is that he's the next Revis.

With their 3rd round pick, the Detroit Lions take:

Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana

Hey - the Chiefs used a 2nd rounder on a Nickel CB that will never be more than a Nickel CB; so why not use a 3rd on this kid?

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Oh, and for the record, Johnson is the kid I'd have taken with the Chiefs pick.

He'd have fit perfectly as a #3 CB for us, even spelling Lewis on occasion at FS. And he could be groomed over the next couple of seasons to take over for Routt. The kid's measurables are right there with anyone in the draft, including Kirkpatrick (who is generally regarded as the most physically impressive corner in the draft).

He's a steal in the 3rd.

SNR
03-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Well, the Lions are going to go back to back at the same position on this one, and it may or may not be a wise decision.

In either event, the blend of size, speed and raw athleticism is just too good to pass up. Better still, with the selection of Minnifield, the margin for error increases exponentially and we can take something of a boom/bust pick here. Worst case scenario is that he could put on a few more lbs and be among the better FSs in the league - best case is that he's the next Revis.

With their 3rd round pick, the Detroit Lions take:

Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana

Hey - the Chiefs used a 2nd rounder on a Nickel CB that will never be more than a Nickel CB; so why not use a 3rd on this kid?Eff. I wanted him so hard for the Packers. Woodson's getting old. If this kid's skills and ability caught up to his experience and he played a full career across from Tramon Williams? Holy shit, can you imagine?

Hell, I seriously thought about taking him in the 2nd round. Good pick.

Woodrow Call
03-13-2012, 09:53 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers select LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

With Mendenhall's season or a least the first few weeks in doubt, the Steelers will probably go with a committee approach. Redman, Clay, and Dwyer are all similar backs so IMO they need a back that offers something different. James also seems like the type of RB/receiving threat that Haley likes to use in his offenses.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Eff. I wanted him so hard for the Packers. Woodson's getting old. If this kid's skills and ability caught up to his experience and he played a full career across from Tramon Williams? Holy shit, can you imagine?

Hell, I seriously thought about taking him in the 2nd round. Good pick.

It was between him and Minnifield in the 2nd for Detroit; went with the safer pick there, much like I did with Brandon Thompson for the Panthers. Detroit has some bad seeds and I was worried that they wouldn't have a leader that could keep Johnson in line. Now, with Minnifield there (who I see a lot of Flowers in), he has to straighten up and fly right or he just won't play. The nice thing about Johnson is that he isn't a bad kid; not violent or otherwise criminal; he's just arrogant as a MFer - that's not exactly a bad thing for a cover corner.

I was absolutely going to take him for Carolina until I saw that they didn't have a 3rd. He'd have been a perfect fit alongside Gamble out there.

I couldn't believe he fell to the 3rd. It's not impossible for him to go in the 1st to the Patriots in the real draft.

DeezNutz
03-13-2012, 01:08 PM
This piece of shit franchise was hoping that Broyles would continue to drop. Alas, he did not, and thus we work to improve the secondary for this dump-ass-piece-of-stale-greased-up-shit organization:

Brandon Taylor, FS, LSU

Lono
03-13-2012, 01:26 PM
This pick is all about value. With the 87th pick in the draft the Houston Texans select Jamell Flemming, CB, Oklahoma.

ChiefsCountry
03-13-2012, 01:53 PM
This piece of shit franchise was hoping that Broyles would continue to drop. Alas, he did not, and thus we work to improve the secondary for this dump-ass-piece-of-stale-greased-up-shit organization:

Brandon Taylor, FS, LSU

The Patriots say fuck you.

Direckshun
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Saints need help on the edges of their D.

The Saints select OLB Sean Spence, Miami.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Damn.

With the Marshall to the Bears trade, the Lions sure do look smart for loading up that secondary now...

Direckshun
03-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Damn.

With the Marshall to the Bears trade, the Lions sure do look smart for loading up that secondary now...

Throw in DaKCMan's picks, and you've got a pretty good looking depth chart.

Vincent Jackson
Roy Williams
Devin Hester
Dan Sanzenbacher
Nick Toon
Dwayne Allen (TE)

SNR
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm extremely glad to see this guy still available for the Packers now that Trumaine Johnson is gone

A perfect 3-4 rushbacker with 40 times clocking out at 4.47/4.50. Troubled past, with arrests and serving time in juvie before working hard, getting his GED, attending junior college, and working his way onto a talented West Virginia squad. He's a hard-worker, it certainly seems to be more of a motivator than a hindrance to his talent.

Green Bay Packers select Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia

Chocolate Hog
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM
This guy can replace Chris Carr.

Ravens selects Brandon Boykin Georgia

Dicky McElephant
03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
The San Francisco 49ers select Juron Criner, WR, Arizona.

The 49ers have nothing outside of Crabtree, Hill and Moss. Plus Moss is only on a 1 year contract.

ChiefsCountry
03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Patriots add some depth and get younger on the OL. Dan Koppen is a free agent as well.

New England Patriots select Ben Jones, C, Georgia

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 04:45 PM
The Giants select:

BERNARD PIERCE, RB, TEMPLE

Rams Fan
03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Will make pick shortly.

Rams Fan
03-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Rams need a nice, young DT after they released Robbins and Bannan.

The St. Louis Rams select:

Derek Wolfe, DE/DT, Cincinnati

Chocolate Hog
03-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Colts need a tight end to replace Dallas Clark and Jacob Tamme.

Colts Select Michael Egnew Missouri

SNR
03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Fuck I've been drafting a lot of defense ends.

Just kind of happened that way. Huge needs for both teams met the best available value. Profit.

Marco Polo
03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
The Vikings are quietly addressing needs at fantastic values and they do it again with this pick. Minnesota's receiving core isn't much outside Master P and they need to give Ponder more options. Here they get a prospect who had a superb offseason while showing great speed, hands, and athleticism and was graded between a 2nd-3rd round pick.

The Minnesota Vikings select Marvin Jones, WR, California.

SNR
03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Just as my draft fills in a striking and urgent need (defensive line strength and pass rushing capabilities) another hole in the dam opens up.

Christ, Packers. I'm not a freakin miracle worker here!

The free agent market opened without an agreement between the Green Bay Packers and center Scott Wells, increasing the possibility that Wells will sign elsewhere in the coming days. (Bill Huber of Scout.com, in fact, suggests it's a done deal.)

But the start of the new league year did bring the Packers some news: Defensive end Mike Neal has been suspended for the first four games of the 2012 season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

The suspension is another roadblock in Neal's disappointing tenure with the Packers. A second-round pick in 2010, injuries have limited him to nine games and a total of six tackles in two seasons. And the announcement comes at a time when the Packers are almost certainly looking for options to enhance their pass rush, be it at Neal's defensive end position or at outside linebacker.

There's no reason to think the Packers will cut ties with Neal, but it's grown almost impossible to count on him as the full-time starter they envisioned him as when veteran defensive end Cullen Jenkins departed last year. Now more than ever, defensive end is one of the Packers' most notable weaknesses.

I thought the Packers getting the tackle position fixed last few years would do it. Marshall Newhouse was a pretty solid anchor for half of the year, and Bulaga has turned into a damn fine RT. Clifton figures to come back, but he's been gimpy and not as reliable as in the past. Rookie Derek Sherrod's career may very well be over with that awful, awful injury he sustained last season against KC.

Now they have a glaring need at center to accompany their continual RB woes and drastically thinning secondary depth. Nick Collins is still up in the air if he will come back healthy, and Tramon Williams is the only corner they can really depend on for the future. Jarrett Bush was terrible, and Woodson ain't getting any younger.

Had I known about Wells walking prior to the draft, I definitely would have gone Konz in the 1st. But eh... what can ya do.

Direckshun
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
The Eagles will add some depth to their offensive line.

The Eagles select Amini Silatolu, OG Midwestern State

Doomy's stellar draft performance continues. :p

Silatolu was drafted in Round 2.