PDA

View Full Version : *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread*****

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Sfeihc
03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the pm, Marco. With their sixth round pick the Cincinnati Bengals select Danny Trevathan, OLB, Kentucky.

BossChief
03-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Just an idea, but should we start making 2 PMS after we pick?

One to the guy picking next and one to the following GM as well?

Some of the guys in this don't check as often as others and that would be a good heads up and with only one pick before they are up, it would allow them to narrow it down easier.

I'll have my pick in soon.

BossChief
03-27-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty much ignoring a couple needs, hoping we can fill them in free agency with guys with a gallon or two left in the tank. I feel its better to draft a quality player that can make a difference than select a guy I don't really feel is a fit for what we need.

Normally, I wouldnt proclaim a punter as a guy that can make an impact on a playoff team...but in this case, this guy absolutely will.

The Falcons werent very good in this aspect and playing in a dome, getting a guy that can consistently pin the other team deep in their own territory and offer a booming leg can make more of a difference here than most of the players still on the board.

In the 6th round of the 2012 NFL draft, The Atlanta Falcons select:

Bryan Anger, P, California

The Steelers are on the clock.

Rams Fan
03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Hey there, I just got this. I was never PM'd. The Titans needs more depth at the WR position. They get a local product who was a star offensive breakout during the East-West practices and was projected as high as a fourth round pick.

The Tennessee Titans select Tim Benford, WR, Tennessee Tech.

I thought I left a message on your wall? If not, I'll do it differently next time or whatever is your preference.

Dicky McElephant
03-27-2012, 06:04 PM
FWIW.....don't post on people's walls. I don't have mine set up to send me an e-mail when anyone posts on my wall. I do have it set up to e-mail me for PMs though.

ChiefsCountry
03-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't suggest walls either. I can't read them on the cell phone, I can PM's though.

Woodrow Call
03-27-2012, 06:41 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers select Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas

Chocolate Hog
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
This guy is a raw prospect with 2nd round talent. Colts need to upgrade every position on defense and this guy is also an electric punt returner.

Colts Select Cliff Harris Oregon

Lono
03-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Houston selects Jack Crawford DE, Penn State.

SNR
03-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Don't even think about taking my pick, Boss. I will murder you.

DaKCMan AP
03-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Don't even think about taking my pick, Boss. I will murder you.

http://bullshitnotincluded.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/benStillerDoIt.jpg

BossChief
03-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Just got home. Gotta assess my options (check which hawkeye players are left and then look at Who I think SNR is gonna pick) and I'll try to have my card turned in soon.

DeezNutz
03-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Seems like the pace is much slower this year than last...Going to have to check on that.

Close: last year's draft was completed in approximately 23 days.

BossChief
03-28-2012, 06:51 PM
If they had released Bell a little sooner, I might have drafted differently earlier on...but Im ok with getting a talent like this in the late 6th round.

I think he could start after a year of learning and be a pretty good player.

In all honesty, if the guy was healthy all year he would have probably been gone in the second or third round...maybe higher....but I like his toughness and overall ability after watching him the last two years while getting mesmerized by Andrew Luck.

In the 6th round of the 2012 NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select

Delano Howell, SS, Stanford

SNR, you're on the clock.

ChiefsCountry
03-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Okay boys grade it. The Patriots are done for this draft.

1. Dontari Poe, DE/DT, Memphis
1. Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
2. Vinny Curry, OLB/DE, Marshall
2. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
3. Ben Jones, C, Georgia
4. Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin

Sfeihc
03-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Okay boys grade it. The Patriots are done for this draft.

1. Dontari Poe, DE/DT, Memphis
1. Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
2. Vinny Curry, OLB/DE, Marshall
2. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
3. Ben Jones, C, Georgia
4. Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin

I'm not sure of Sanu in the first and Poe is hit or miss. The last four picks are rock solid.

DeezNutz
03-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Broncos are done, so let me have it:

1. Devon Still, DT, Penn State
2. Doug Martin, RB, Boise State
3. Brandon Taylor, S, LSU
4. Emmanuel Ocho, OLB, Texas
5. J.K. Schaffer, LB, Cinci
6. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State

SNR
03-28-2012, 08:08 PM
The Packers can't believe an athlete of this calibre is still available in the 6th round. Pretty much the exact same story as Janoris Jenkins plus an arrest for an armed robbery (was found not guilty). A close, tight group of defensive backs led by Charles Woodson should be just what this guy needs to put his insane athleticism to good use on the football field. If any team can mold him into not only a good team but also a good human being, it's the Packers.

Green Bay Packers select Janzen Jackson, S, McNeese State

BossChief
03-28-2012, 08:11 PM

I can hear the sound of Kellen Moore firing his pop gun into the air from here in Iowa.

BossChief
03-28-2012, 08:16 PM
The Packers can't believe an athlete of this calibre is still available in the 6th round. Pretty much the exact same story as Janoris Jenkins plus an arrest for an armed robbery (was found not guilty). A close, tight group of defensive backs led by Charles Woodson should be just what this guy needs to put his insane athleticism to good use on the football field. If any team can mold him into not only a good team but also a good human being, it's the Packers.

I basically was deciding between he and Howell and decided to go with the guy that impressed me big time in 2010 and then followed it up by showing his toughness by playing the whole year through injury.

Not too many McNeese St games on tv and I like my own eye test over the word of internet scouts.

Getting these guys this late in the draft is crazy value IMO.

Chocolate Hog
03-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Going with a tree pick here.

The Baltimore Ravens Select Marcel Jones Nebraska

SNR
03-28-2012, 08:17 PM

6. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise StateSexy picks all around that address a variety of needs. I agree with Boss, though. Kellen Moore is comical. I'll bet Manning won't respect him at all and will steal his lunch money after morning practices are done

SNR
03-28-2012, 08:21 PM
I basically was deciding between he and Howell and decided to go with the guy that impressed me big time in 2010 and then followed it up by showing his toughness by playing the whole year through injury.

Not too many McNeese St games on tv and I like my own eye test over the word of internet scouts.

Getting these guys this late in the draft is crazy value IMO.Yeah. I remember hearing about the Jackson saga at Tennessee. He gets arrested, then leaves by himself, then comes back, then gets kicked off. Quite a mess, but the under story to all of that back in 2010 was how tragic it was that such a good athlete wouldn't be around for the Volunteers. Plus being a 5-star recruit out of high school never hurts.

It's the 6th round. Your best value is going to be had by taking high risk/high reward players like Janzen Jackson and Dontari Poe.

ChiefsCountry
03-28-2012, 08:23 PM

Already been picked. Look at the end of round 5.

SNR
03-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry guys. I knew it was too good to be true that Jackson wasn't picked.

I did a page search for his name and didn't come across anything. His name is JaNzen, not JaRzen

DeezNutz
03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Sexy picks all around that address a variety of needs. I agree with Boss, though. Kellen Moore is comical. I'll bet Manning won't respect him at all and will steal his lunch money after morning practices are done

Thanks.

You all think that Moore goes undrafted? Any 6th/7th round QB selection (5th!!!??!!) is almost always a worthless pick, though...

SNR
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Dude's college career got ruined by a torn pectoral muscle, and never got back his starting position. But comes from a good school, and could be valuable line depth as a tackle or guard for a Packer team that might not get Derek Sherrod back... ever. Extremely effective run blocker, though. Impressed at East-West shrine game.

Green Bay Packers select Markus Zusevics, OT, Iowa

Sfeihc
03-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Since the Bengals don't have a seventh round pick here is their haul;

1) J. Jenkins, CB, UFA
1) M. Barron, S, Bama
2) L. Miller, RB, The U
3) R. Broyles, WR, OK
4) M. Martin, DT, UM
5) S. Kelemete, G, UW
5) J. Jackson, S, McNesse St.
6) D. Trevathan, OLB, UK

You're welcome, Mr. Brown. Good luck in the playoffs.

DeezNutz
03-28-2012, 09:49 PM

Damn. Forgot one of my other picks:

5. Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M

Can't believe I was so kind to this pathetic franchise, even drafted their QBOTF, too.

Dicky McElephant
03-29-2012, 10:23 AM
The San Francisco 49ers select Jerrell Young, FS, South Florida

SNR
03-29-2012, 10:27 AM
ChiefsCountry/Pestilence:

Just a heads up: you have me listed picking for the Saints at one point in the 7th round.

Dicky McElephant
03-29-2012, 10:28 AM
ChiefsCountry/Pestilence:

Just a heads up: you have me listed picking for the Saints at one point in the 7th round.

Fixed

ChiefsCountry
03-29-2012, 10:51 AM
doomy pm his pick to me.

Philadelphia Eagles select T.J. Graham, WR, North Carolina State

Nightfyre
03-29-2012, 01:28 PM
The Giants select Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford.

Because when this kind of talent is available this late in the draft, it doesn't matter that you are stacked at WR.

Chocolate Hog
03-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Indianapolis Colts Select Terrell Manning North Carolina State

Sfeihc
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Indianapolis Colts Select Terrell Manning North Carolina State

Bad Pellini. :#

Rams Fan
03-29-2012, 05:31 PM
The St. Louis Rams select: Ben Bojicic, C, Bowling Green

Marco Polo
03-29-2012, 10:59 PM
The Minnesota Vikings select Sean Richardson, S, Vanderbilt.

DaKCMan AP
03-30-2012, 07:06 AM
The Cleveland Browns select Tramain Thomas, FS, Arkansas.

Sfeihc
03-30-2012, 07:13 AM
According to some this fella would have been one of the top DE's in next year's draft. His past season left much to be desired. Perhaps reuniting with his college HC, Butch Davis, will get him back on the right path.

With their seventh round pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Donte Page-Moss, DE, UNC.

Sfeihc
03-30-2012, 07:22 AM
With that, my work here is done for the 2012 NFL Draft. Here is how the Bucs fared.

1) M. Claibourne, CB, LSU
2) S. Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
3) B. Massie, OT, Ole Miss
5) I. Pead, RB, Cincinnati
6) James-Michael Johnson, LB, Nevada
7) D. Page-Moss, DE, UNC

A very nice haul for the Bucs but I won the draft again, this time for Bengals. Thanks to everyone who participated.

DaKCMan AP
03-30-2012, 08:11 AM
A very nice haul for the Bucs but I won the draft again, this time for Bengals. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Whatever. The Bengals didn't even have the best draft in their own state. The Browns already won the draft and we aren't even done yet!

Sfeihc
03-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Whatever. The Bengals didn't even have the best draft in their own state. The Browns already won the draft and we aren't even done yet!

You've done well for the Browns. I think it's hilarious that we both homered out for respective teams. You with Rainey and me with Martin.

DaKCMan AP
03-30-2012, 08:53 AM
You've done well for the Browns. I think it's hilarious that we both homered out for respective teams. You with Rainey and me with Martin.

Yeah.. I didn't plan on drafting Rainey but also thought he'd be gone before the mid-6th. With the way the drafted moved and the players the Browns acquired he'd fit.

Woodrow Call
03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
The Washington Redskins select Najee Goode, ILB, West Virginia

That wraps up the Redskins draft. The RG3 trade and all the WRs the Redskins signed would have changed some things but overall I'm pretty pleased with my haul.

1st Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
2nd Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
3rd Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami (Fl)
4th George Iloka, S, Boise State
4th Matt McCants, OT, UAB
5th Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State
6th Kheeston Randall, DE, Texas
7th Najee Goode, ILB, West Virginia

DJ's left nut
03-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Bosschief - send your PM to Nightfyre, he has my pick for Carolina.

Retarded ass Nubs fan...

Chocolate Hog
03-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm surprised this guy hasn't been drafted upside alone makes him a middle round pick.

Indianapolis Colts Select Adrien Robinson Tight End Cincinnati

Chocolate Hog
03-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Colts Draft:

Round 1: Andrew Luck (Franchise QB)
Round 2: Reuben Randle (Great WR prospect)
Round 3: Chris Polk (Quality starter)
Round 4: Michael Egnew (Scouts say he has the best hands out of any tight end in the draft)
Round 5: Billy Wynn (Rotational d-linemen)
Round 6: Cliff Harris ( Raw CB with great play making ability/ Returner)
Round 7: Terrell Manning (4th round grade)
Round 7: Adrien Robinson (Great upside with identical stats as Jimmy Graham)

Colts fans would be pleased with that draft.

BossChief
03-30-2012, 07:32 PM
With the team having a dire need at safety after being already thin and then releasing Yeremiah Bell, I am actually excited that this kid is still there to pick.

To be honest, I was gonna take him in the 4th or 5th round and then kinda forgot about him.

He has a history at corner, so he can cover but is 6'3'' and there arent many of those guys that can play corner in the NFL at that size...good for him he moved to safety last year.

He blew up with 102 tackles and 3 picks in his first year at safety.

Its not often that a team gets 2 starting quality safeties with investments of only 6th and 7th round picks.

In the 7th round of the 2012 NFL draft, The Miami Dolphins select

Neiko Thorpe, FS, Auburn

That concludes the Dolphins draft and here is my haul:

Courtney Upshaw
Nick Foles
Nicholas Jean-Baptiste
Andrew Darko
T.Y. Hilton
Delano Howell
Neiko Thorpe

Lots of potential there.

Nightfyre
03-30-2012, 10:13 PM
DJ PM'd me indicating he would like to select Marcus Forston, DT, Miami

Nightfyre
03-30-2012, 10:23 PM
The Bills select Elvis Akpla, WR, Montana State

Dude's gonna play on Sundays. He was a huge playmaker at Montana State.

Dicky McElephant
03-31-2012, 04:36 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs select Akiem Hicks, NT, Regina University (Canada).

He's from Canada.....eh.

Nightfyre
03-31-2012, 04:37 PM
DJ didn't send me his picks for the Lions.

DaKCMan AP
04-01-2012, 04:06 PM
http://mattrosales.com/travel/uploaded_images/Broken-Down-760455.JPG

DJ's left nut
04-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Shit.

Sorry folks, didn't realize the Lions were up again that quickly.

The Lions go with the other high-ceiling Miami D-Lineman that probably came out a little too early:

The Lions select: Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami.

Has the skills to be a 2nd rounder but got suspended in the Shapiro thing and foolishly left a season early. May never amount to anything, but the talent's way too good to pass up this late.

DJ's left nut
04-01-2012, 04:52 PM
So ends my Panthers draft:

1st) Quinton Coples, DE, UNC -- Most talented end in the draft and has the potential to be a premier 3-down DE and pass-rushing force. There are motor issues, or he'd be considered a potential top 5 selection. His physical skills are virtually without peer.

2nd) Brandon Thompson, DT, Syracuse -- Just a rock-solid player. Carolina got abused in the middle and really needed more talent on the interior. Thompson has the potential to play the Nose in a 4-3 and can provide a premium run-stuffer with solid pass-rushing skills. Unlikely to be a true game-changer, but could easily be a strong 6-8 year starter.

3rd) Traded for Greg Olson

4th) Brandon Mosely, OT, Auburn -- Newton's LT at Auburn. Has the physical skills to play as a rookie, but probably shouldn't start due to the fact that he only has 3 years on the O-Line. With solid but aging bookends on the line, Carolina needed to find a young Tackle that can contribute now and start in a year or two. Mosely's a perfect fit and even has the athletic ability to slide over to LT someday. Getting those skills in the 4th round is unexpected.

5th) Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas -- Big, strong, fast. Extremely talented player with good hands that fought an injury to start the season. He got better as the year went on and flashed the speed he showed as a youngster. Very high upside.

6th) Jeff Fuller, WR, A&M -- Possession WR with plus body control and erratic hands. If his hands develop a little more, he has the ability to be Mushin Muhammed.

7th) Marcus Forston, DT, Miami -- No idea why he lasted this long. This kid is a potential starter in a 4-3 by as early as 2013. He could go as early as the 3rd round, but will almost certainly be gone by the 4th. He doesn't play with great leverage but is strong and surprisingly quick. He and Thompson could absolutely rip it up in a couple of years, both as run-stuffers and pass rushers. Paired with Coples on the end, the Panthers added enough talent to control lines for years to come.

The draft ended up slightly redundant, but all in areas of extreme need for the Panthers. Further, the 'redundancies' came in the late rounds and came at extremely high values. It would've been nice to get a CB with that 3rd rounder, but otherwise the board just didn't fall right to draft one. Instead the Panthers have adopted the Giants model of raising hell in the trenches.

DaKCMan AP
04-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Surprised this guy is still on the board in the 7th round. Homer pick or not he is a very athletic guy who can provide high-motor play in spurts. Should be an immediate rotational player who provides interior d-line depth for the Bears.

The Chicago Bears select Jaye Howard, DT, Florida.

DaKCMan AP
04-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Bears are done:

1.19 Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
2.50 Dwayne Allen, Te, Clemson
3.73 Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse
3.79 Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
4.110 Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisville
5.141 Tauren Poole, RB, Tennessee
6.172 Jerry Franklin, LB, Arkansas
7.202 Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

DeezNutz
04-01-2012, 08:23 PM
The Arizona Cardinals select:

Christian Thompson, S, South Carolina St.

And with that, I've won yet another draft.

BossChief
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
We need to pick up the pace if we are gonna get this thing done before the real draft.

Seriously, folks.

SNR
04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
The Arizona Cardinals select:

Christian Thompson, S, South Carolina St.

And with that, I've won yet another draft.That was my pick. That's my pick.

ChiefsCountry, make Deez pick again.

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2012, 08:37 PM
That was my pick. That's my pick.

ChiefsCountry, make Deez pick again.

You fucker I actually sent Deez a PM. I thought he had been picked already.

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Dallas Cowboys select James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Dallas is done.

1. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
2. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
3. Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
4. Tank Carder, LB, TCU
5. Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas
6. Will Blackwell, G, LSU
7. James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma

This was the winning draft by far. Thanks for the rest of you participating in my show this year.

SNR
04-01-2012, 08:45 PM
You fucker I actually sent Deez a PM. I thought he had been picked already.He had been. I have a higher authority that willed me to pick this player. Do not let them be angered.

Marco Polo
04-01-2012, 09:18 PM
The Minnesota Vikings select Tahir Whitehead, LB, Temple.

Marco Polo
04-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I really like this draft for the Vikings and some Vikes fans should be happy with this as well.

1. Matt Kalil, OT, Southern California
2. Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida
3. Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (Ohio)
4. Marvin Jones, WR, California
5. AJ Jenkins, WR, Illinois
6. Blake Gideon, S, Texas
7. Sean Richardson, S, Vanderbilt
8. Tahir Whitehead, LB, Temple

SNR
04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Matt Flynn's gone. Graham Harrell's an unknown. Could be Matt Flynn, could be Tyler Palko. Thompson hasn't signed a vet backup. You know what that means. More Brett Favre-style backups. Flynn's just the first in a long line.

Green Bay Packers select Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois

SNR
04-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Looked impressive in college. Has a heart defect, but cardiologist says it's fine. Has some effort issues, but hey. It's the 7th round.

Seattle Seahawks select DaJohn Harris, DT, USC

doomy3
04-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Chargers select Micah Pellerin, CB, Hampton

SNR
04-01-2012, 10:20 PM
The Seattle Seahawks draft:

1. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
2. Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
3. Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette
4. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
6. Terrence Ganaway, RB, Baylor
7. DaJohn Harris, DT, USC

Sex-ay.

Marco Polo
04-01-2012, 10:38 PM
The Tennessee Titans select Jordan Bernstine, S, Iowa.

Marco Polo
04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Titans picks, I like it.

1. Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia
2. Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
3. Bobby Wagner, LB, Utah State
4. Frank Alexander, DE, Oklahoma
5. Garth Gerhart, C, Arizona State
6. Tim Benford, WR, Tennessee Tech
7. Jordan Bernstine, S, Iowa

SNR
04-01-2012, 10:54 PM
I really like this draft for the Vikings and some Vikes fans should be happy with this as well.

1. Matt Kalil, OT, Southern California
2. Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida
3. Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (Ohio)
4. Marvin Jones, WR, California
5. AJ Jenkins, WR, Illinois
6. Blake Gideon, S, Texas
7. Sean Richardson, S, Vanderbilt
8. Tahir Whitehead, LB, TempleI'm really excited about this, but I gotta run. I'll have my sister sign on here later to talk more about this draft.

Direckshun
04-01-2012, 11:27 PM
I'll have my pick up a little after midnight.

DaKCMan AP
04-02-2012, 06:18 AM
I'll have my pick up a little after midnight.

http://amazingasset.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/319578-always_lie_lying_now.jpg

Direckshun
04-02-2012, 07:54 AM
The Jags select HB Evan Rodriguez, Temple.

Sfeihc
04-02-2012, 07:59 AM
The Jags select Evan Rodriguez, Temple.

position? :hmmm:

Direckshun
04-02-2012, 09:04 AM
position? :hmmm:

Good call.

Edited.

That concludes my Jaguars draft:

1. DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
2. TE Orson Charles, Georgia
3. WR Marvin McNutt, Iowa
4. OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State
5. OLB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
6. QB Austin Davis, Southern Mississippi
7. HB Evan Rodriguez, Temple

The Charles pick was before the weed arrest. But I digress.

BossChief
04-02-2012, 10:54 AM
I will have my pick in after I get done with work. Probably around 5 or 6.

ChiefsCountry
04-02-2012, 01:17 PM
We need to pick up the pace if we are gonna get this thing done before the real draft.

Seriously, folks.

I will have my pick in after I get done with work. Probably around 5 or 6.

Ironic.

Dicky McElephant
04-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Seriously.....if you know who you want to pick.....PM someone.

SNR
04-02-2012, 05:04 PM
For crying out loud. In almost a month we got done with 6 full rounds of this bitch. We're in no danger whatsoever of not finishing on time.

BossChief
04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Josh Oglesby, OT, Wisconsin

Sorry, real life calls.

Some of you need to take some midol.

DJ's left nut
04-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Says the guy that was bitching about the pace of the draft in the first place...

With Detroit desperately needs interior line depth. They simply have no backups along the middle of the line that are even moderately capable. While this guy may never be starting caliber, he should be capable of being a competent swing guard almost immediately.

The Detroit Lions select Josh LeRibeus, OG, SMU

DJ's left nut
04-02-2012, 08:36 PM
So ends the Lions draft and they really filled some holes while getting premium talent at several spots.

1st -- Mike Adams, OT, OSU; their only pick that isn't a true 'value' pick but was such a pressing need that it had to be done. Should be a starting RT almost immediately and can definitely make the transition to left.

2nd -- Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia; good, steady corner with #1 ceiling but almost certain to be a strong #2.

3rd -- Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana; great upside, attitude questions. Much more boom/bust than Minnifield but has the size, strength and ball-skills to be a very good FS if unable to play on an island.

4th -- Nigel Bradham, LB, FSU; nice rangy linebacker that should play very well in Gunther's scheme. Could even play the Mike if he continues to develop, but can contribute as a Sam as soon as next year.

5th -- Adam Gettis, C, Iowa; Nasty streak with strong pass-blocking skills. Lions offense may hide his weaknesses and Raiola could very well show him some useful tricks.

7th -- Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami; pretty likely to bust, but has all the skills in the world to succeed at this level. Probably doesn't have the attitude to excel and almost definitely came out too early, but who knows? The Lions have a year to figure out what to do with Avril and Vernon may be able to help them with that decision.

7th -- Josh LeRibeus, OG, SMU; perhaps not the highest ceiling guy out there, but can contribute quickly. Should be a nice fit in the Lions scheme.

BossChief
04-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Seriously.....if you know who you want to pick.....PM someone.You took 18 hours to make your last pick.

Says the guy that was bitching about the pace of the draft in the first place.you took over 24 hours to pick.

I took 12 hours and that's probably too much.

I wasn't bitching at all, just mentioning that we should probably try to finish strong and it was screaching to a halt.

Sorry if that was taken the wrong way.

My bad.

DaKCMan AP
04-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Anyone else find it ironic that Mr. Irrelevant will be selected by CP's own mini-Mr. Irrelevant?

Woodrow Call
04-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Sorry for the delay, rough night

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Dominique Hamilton, DE, Missouri

Lono
04-03-2012, 09:46 AM
The New York Jets select Mike Harris CB, Florida State

Lono
04-03-2012, 09:48 AM
The Houston Texans select, Justin Bethel, FS, Presbyterian

I actually didn't know how to use the search feature.

And why in the heck would I think someone picked Miller in the 3rd round. I didn't even scroll up that high. The dude is no where near a 3rd round talent.

SNR
04-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Cole's been picked. Try again.

ChiefsCountry
04-03-2012, 11:54 AM
The Houston Texans select, Ryan Miller, G Colorado

Dang it, I wanted Audie.

Already been drafted in the 3rd round.

SNR
04-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Ban Lono

(And Direckshun, too)

Sfeihc
04-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Ban Lono

(And Direckshun, too)

I would like to change my last pick for the Bucs. With their 7th round draft pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Justin Blackmon, WR, OK St.

SNR
04-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I would like to change my last pick for the Bucs. With their 7th round draft pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Justin Blackmon, WR, OK St.Damn it! I really wanted him.

SNR
04-03-2012, 05:18 PM
To see if a player's already been picked:

Windows: Ctrl + F
Mac: Cmnd + F

It's not hard.

Direckshun
04-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Sooooooooo.... is it my turn?

SNR
04-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Sooooooooo.... is it my turn?Just don't pick Matt Kalil. Sfeihc already stole Blackmon, and I'd rather not see another player on my targeted list get scooped up.

Dicky McElephant
04-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I hope no one picks Andrew Luck. I'm planning on taking him with the Chiefs last 7th round pick. I think he's going to be something special.

jd1020
04-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I hope no one picks Andrew Luck. I'm planning on taking him with the Chiefs last 7th round pick. I think he's going to be something special.

Take Cam Newton instead.

Direckshun
04-04-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm picking at 9 in the morning if he doesn't pick by then.

SNR
04-04-2012, 02:05 AM
I think all GMs next year should have to demonstrate knowledge of the page search function on whatever internet browser he uses. Have them get formal certification.

Sfeihc
04-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I think all GMs next year should have to demonstrate knowledge of the page search function on whatever internet browser he uses. Have them get formal certification.

I don't know how to page search but I can pay attention.:)

Direckshun
04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm on the clock apparently.

I'll have my post up by noon-ish.

SNR
04-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I wonder if an actual NFL team has ever tried to pick a player that's already been drafted? And then when the commish says, "You can't do that" the team doesn't answer the cell phone for another few hours

Direckshun
04-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I wonder if an actual NFL team has ever tried to pick a player that's already been drafted? And then when the commish says, "You can't do that" the team doesn't answer the cell phone for another few hours

Apparently last year the Browns accidentally called Cameron Jordan because they wanted to draft Jordan Cameron.

According to Jordan, he told the Browns "sorry, but I was drafted like two days ago."

Direckshun
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
The Saints select FS Kelcie McCray, Arkansas State.

SNR
04-04-2012, 12:49 PM
:#

Do you assholes not want the Packers to draft a safety I like? Is that it?

Fine. Let me consult my list. Maybe there's something else that's suitable.

SNR
04-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Small school kid. Lots of scouts buzzed about him in the past couple of weeks. Figures to be an instant special teams player for whomever drafts him.

Green Bay Packers select Jeremy Lane, CB, Northwestern St.

Chocolate Hog
04-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Colts already have a franchise QB but no backup. This guy probably won't make it in the NFL but worth gambling a 7th round pick on plus he's the all team passing yards leader so what the heck?

Colts Select Case Keenum Quarterback Houston

SNR
04-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Andrew Luck now has his Jim Sorgi.

ChiefsCountry
04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Billay you know that pick was for Baltimore not Indy.

Dicky McElephant
04-04-2012, 02:53 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs select Nick Provo, TE, Syracuse.

Dicky McElephant
04-04-2012, 02:59 PM
The San Francisco 49ers select Blake DeChristopher, OT, Virginia Tech.

Dicky McElephant
04-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I'd rate it as meh. Free Agency fucked my 2nd and 3rd round picks all to hell.

Kansas City Chiefs:

1. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
2. Kelechi Osemele, OT, Iowa State
3. Philip Blake, OC, Baylor
4. Jonathan Massaquoi, OLB/DE, Troy
5. Trenton Robinson, S, Michigan State
6. Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly
7. Akiem Hicks, NT, Regina
7. Nick Provo, TE, Syracuse

Dicky McElephant
04-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Free agency fucked me over on this one as well. Apparently the 49ers now have 10 WRs on their team.

San Francisco 49ers:

1. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
2. Jayron Hosley, CB/PR, Virginia Tech
3. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
4. Lucas Nix, OG, Pittsburgh
5. Trevor Guyton, DE, California
6. Jerrell Young, S, South Florida
7. Blake DeChristopher, OT, Virginia Tech

the Talking Can
04-04-2012, 03:21 PM
I'd rate it as meh. Free Agency ****ed my 2nd and 3rd round picks all to hell.

Kansas City Chiefs:

2. Kelechi Osemele, OT, Iowa State
3. Philip Blake, OC, Baylor
4. Jonathan Massaquoi, OLB/DE, Troy
5. Trenton Robinson, S, Michigan State
7. Akiem Hicks, NT, Regina
7. Nick Provo, TE, Syracuse

yeah, this makes me glad we picked up a RT...seems like we could do a lot better in the 2nd/3rd

ChiefsCountry
04-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Here is what I would have done for the Chiefs based on our mock.

4. David Molk, C, Michigan
7. Jermarcus Hardrick, OT, Nebraska

Nightfyre
04-04-2012, 04:37 PM
The Giants select Drake Dunsmore, TE, Northwestern

Nightfyre
04-04-2012, 04:41 PM
The Giants Draft:

htis:
1. James Brown, OL, Troy
2. Ronnell Lewis, DE, Oklahoma
3. Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple

Nightfyre:
4. DeQuan Menzie, DB, Alabama
5. BJ Coleman, QB, Chattanooga
6. Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford
7. Drake Dunsmore, TE, Northwestern

Woodrow Call
04-04-2012, 04:54 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers select Aaron Corp, QB, Richmond

SNR
04-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Read about this kid in the paper back in February. Why not? It's the 7th round. Doesn't sound like he's going to rip apart a locker room or anything
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/division-2-linebacker-takes-longshot-route-to-nfl-5j4bert-140526833.html

Green Bay Packers select Shawn Loiseau, ILB, Merrimack

Direckshun
04-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Read about this kid in the paper back in February. Why not? It's the 7th round. Doesn't sound like he's going to rip apart a locker room or anything
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/division-2-linebacker-takes-longshot-route-to-nfl-5j4bert-140526833.html

Green Bay Packers select Shawn Loiseau, ILB, Merrimack

bust

SNR
04-04-2012, 06:01 PM
bust
http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/victimized.jpg?w=720

the Talking Can
04-04-2012, 06:48 PM

that would be awesome

Chocolate Hog
04-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Billay you know that pick was for Baltimore not Indy.

Well shit.

Sfeihc
04-05-2012, 08:47 AM
This chit has gone from comical to sublime.

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Lono made his pick. The draft can continue.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
04-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Lono made his pick. The draft can continue.
Posted via Mobile DeviceAm I on the clock, boss?

DJ's left nut
04-05-2012, 12:25 PM

Yours is better.

Dicky McElephant
04-05-2012, 12:43 PM
I hate you guys.

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Somebody Pm Lono and tell him hes back up.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Somebody Pm Lono and tell him hes back up.
Posted via Mobile DeviceI did as soon as I made my pick yesterday.

Lono
04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm working on it, sorry getting slammed at work, got hired to a new job and all the sort.

Lono
04-05-2012, 02:57 PM
The jets select Adonis Thomas, Rb, Toledo.

Woodrow Call
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm working on it, sorry getting slammed at work, got hired to a new job and all the sort.

No worries, congrats on the job.

SNR
04-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Green Bay Packers select Daryl Richardson, RB, Abilene Christian University

Not exactly what I had in mind when I wanted to pick a true speedback for the Packers this year. The opportunity never really happened; the value just wasn't ever right. Can return kicks, is shifty as hell, and if he learns not to run backwards on a play he might wind up opening a new dimension to that Packers offense, as difficult as that is to believe.

SNR
04-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Lono PMed me his next Jets pick:

Jets select Adrian Robinson, TE, Cincinnati

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Lono PMed me his next Jets pick:

Jets select Adrian Robinson, TE, Cincinnati

Already been picked.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
04-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Not sure what to do. His first pick was Gerell Robinson out of Arizona State, but he's already been picked as well.

Lulz. The job must be getting to Lono.

SNR
04-05-2012, 03:12 PM
I already PMed DaKCMan about his next pick, so.... just continue with the draft and let Lono get caught up when he has time?

DaKCMan AP
04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I have my pick ready so figure out what's going on w/ Lono.

Woodrow Call
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I vote for keeping this thing moving.

DJ's left nut
04-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I hate you guys.

Do a less shitty job next time.

SNR
04-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Here's the Packers draft. Overall I'm satisfied. The value of the first half of the draft is effin' insane. Only pick I'm not too terribly pumped about was Omar Bolden considering some of the other talent that could have been had at that spot. He's an ideal fit in Dom's coverage scheme, though, so there he is. I doubt Ted Thompson would ever take my "problem" picks of Irvin and Loiseau seriously, but that's his problem, not mine. All I'm doing is acquiring the talent. The locker room of choir boys in a tiny city will definitely do those players some good.

1) Michael Brockers, DE, LSU
2) Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska
3) Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia
4) Quentin Saulsberry, C, Mississippi State
5) Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State
6) Markus Zusevics, OT, Iowa
7a) Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois
7b) Jeremy Lane, CB, Northwestern St
7c) Shawn Loiseau, ILB, Merrimack
7d) Daryl Richardson, RB, Abilene Christian

Saulsberry ended up being a really sexy pick. He'll fill out the interior line depth on the Packers very nicely until Saturday's broke dick is ready to retire. I wanted Austin Davis, but Harnish will do just fine as the next in the long line of outstanding Packer backups. I'm excited about Lane, and Loiseau and Richardson were total 7th round fliers, which sometimes you just gotta do.

I see this draft fulfilling the two KEY needs for the team: Solidify depth at thin positions and get younger, faster, bigger, and stronger on the defensive line. I would have spread out the defensive line picks some since this is such a deep draft for the position, but I simply couldn't pass on both Brockers and Crick. They're EXACTLY who the Packers needed, and they came at the perfect price. Nothing wrong with perfection.

DaKCMan AP
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Alright, I'm going to be gone for the rest of the night pretty soon so I'm throwing my pick in and Lono will have to catch up.

I'm somewhat surprised this dude is still on the board.

The Cleveland Browns select DeAngelo Peterson, TE, LSU.

Woodrow Call
04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers select Chase Ford, TE, Miami

DaKCMan AP
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
The Cleveland Browns select Keith Tandy, CB, West Virginia

DaKCMan AP
04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
The Cleveland Browns not only won the draft, they dominated! Awesome.

1.4 Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
1.22 Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
2.37 Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
3.68 Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State
4.99 Brandon Washington, OG, Miami
4.117 Vick Ballard, RB, Miss St.
5.130 Josh Kaddu, OLB, Oregon
6.175 Chris Rainey, RB, Florida
7.193 Tramain Thomas, S, Arkansas
7.227 DeAngelo Peterson, TE, LSU
7.229 Keith Tandy, CB, WVU

Woodrow Call
04-05-2012, 04:48 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers select Greg Zuerlein, K, Missouri Western

Woodrow Call
04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved. I'm always impressed by how smooth this thing goes and with the quality of mockers involved. Well done guys.

Steelers
1st Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
2nd Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State
3rd LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
4th Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina
5th Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU
6th Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas
7th Dominique Hamilton, DE, Missouri
7th Aaron Corp, QB, Richmond
7th Chase Ford, TE, Miami
7th Greg Zuerlein, K, Missouri Western

Redskins

Sfeihc
04-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Yours is better.

I agree.

Sfeihc
04-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved. I'm always impressed by how smooth this thing goes and with the quality of mockers involved. Well done guys.

Steelers
1st Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
2nd Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State
3rd LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
4th Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina
5th Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU
6th Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas
7th Dominique Hamilton, DE, Missouri
7th Aaron Corp, QB, Richmond
7th Chase Ford, TE, Miami
7th Greg Zuerlein, K, Missouri Western

Redskins

Nice job with both teams. The Steelers draft could be a great one.

Lono
04-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I truly do apologize for this 7th round debacle fellas. Been a long week. Jets will take Matt Veldman TE, North Dakota State.

SNR
04-05-2012, 07:24 PM
I truly do apologize for this 7th round debacle fellas. Been a long week. Jets will take Matt Veldman TE, North Dakota State.Good pick. I wanted to draft him for the Packers at one of those spots, but they have absolutely zero use for him.

BossChief
04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
I love it when productive players like this drop in the draft.

He had 142 tackles with 12.5 tackles for a loss, one interception, three sacks and one forced fumble.

I didn't plan on taking a ILB for them, but with the saints signing lofton, it's now a need.

In the 7th round of the 2012 draft, the Atlanta Falcons select:

Carmen Messina, ILB, New Mexico

doomy3
04-05-2012, 11:20 PM
The Chargers will add another pass rusher here to see if they can hit on one of their later round picks to get some pressure on the QB.

The Chargers select Miles Burris, OLB, San Diego State

Frosty
04-05-2012, 11:59 PM
I love it when productive players like this drop in the draft.

He had 142 tackles with 12.5 tackles for a loss, one interception, three sacks and one forced fumble.

I didn't plan on taking a ILB for them, but with the saints signing lofton, it's now a need.

In the 7th round of the 2012 draft, the Atlanta Falcons select:

Carmen Messina, ILB, New Mexico

The Falcons lost their Pro Bowl kick returner and part time receiver (to Chicago, of all places). I would have considered James Rodgers as a replacement. James is an excellent receiver and a great returner. He's short (but thick) and coming off of a knee injury but I think he would be worth a late 7th compensatory pick.

It doesn't hurt that his brother is already on the team.

Nightfyre
04-06-2012, 05:11 AM
The Bills select Randy Bullock, K , Texan A&M

Rams Fan
04-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Pick will be made shortly.

Rams Fan
04-06-2012, 09:25 PM
The Rams at least need a punter for competition since Jones left.

The St. Louis Rams select:

Shaun Powell, P, Florida State

Chocolate Hog
04-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Colts select Ryan Davis, Bethune-Cookman

MEAC defensive player of the year who's stock has been rising could go anywhere from 4-7th round. Great pick for Mr.Irrelevant.

Dylan
04-07-2012, 08:14 PM
I got a question. Could you talk about how you went about selecting the team your responsible for in the mock draft?

Thanks!

htismage and Nightfyre did a nice job with the Giants draft positions.

Direckshun
04-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I got a question. Could you talk about how you went about selecting the team your responsible for in the mock draft?

Thanks!

I picked the Jags because I knew they would be a really tough challenge.

I picked the Saints because I like them.

SNR
04-08-2012, 09:56 PM

Thanks!

htismage and Nightfyre did a nice job with the Giants draft positions.The people first in line got to pick the teams they like. We've been taking turns on the Chiefs in the past few years. No clue who will be up for that next year.

I picked the Packers because I live in Wisconsin. I know the team up and down from chatting about them with friends and family. I originally had the Vikings because they're my next most familiar team, but then I gave them up to help some other guys get their wishes on teams they wanted. The Seahawks are kind of interesting because they're not really in rebuilding mode, but there aren't too many focal points on their roster. I could draft pretty much any position and as long as it's a good player, it's fun to speculate just how good the team can become with just those key additions.

DeezNutz
04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
The Cleveland Browns not only won the draft, they dominated! Awesome.

I cannot imagine that a Browns fan wouldn't love to see those first four picks.

ChiefsCountry
04-10-2012, 01:39 PM

Thanks!

htismage and Nightfyre did a nice job with the Giants draft positions.

I picked Dallas a few years ago and have just kept doing them each year. For the second team, I try to choose a team that is similar to the Chiefs so I can look at players that could be future Chiefs as well.

Dylan
04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
thanks for the explanations.

BossChief
04-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I picked Dallas a few years ago and have just kept doing them each year. For the second team, I try to choose a team that is similar to the Chiefs so I can look at players that could be future Chiefs as well.

I have a similar type of thing as I have had the Falcons all three years I have been a part of this and this year chose the Dolphins for similarity reasons to KC.

Woodrow Call
05-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Well I pretty much shit the bed this year....

Redskins
1st Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M 1ST
2nd Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska 7TH
3rd Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami (Fl) 6TH
4th George Iloka, S, Boise State 5TH
4th Matt McCants, OT, UAB 6TH
5th Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State 4TH
6th Kheeston Randall, DE, Texas 7TH
7th Najee Goode, ILB, West Virginia 5TH

Steelers
1st Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama 1ST
2nd Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 2ND
3rd LaMichael James, RB, Oregon 2ND
4th Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina 5TH
5th Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU UDFA
6th Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas 4TH
7th Dominique Hamilton, DE, Missouri UDFA
7th Aaron Corp, QB, Richmond UDFA
7th Chase Ford, TE, Miami UDFA
7th Greg Zuerlein, K, Missouri Western 6TH

SNR
05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Here's the Packers draft. Overall I'm satisfied. The value of the first half of the draft is effin' insane. Only pick I'm not too terribly pumped about was Omar Bolden considering some of the other talent that could have been had at that spot. He's an ideal fit in Dom's coverage scheme, though, so there he is. I doubt Ted Thompson would ever take my "problem" picks of Irvin and Loiseau seriously, but that's his problem, not mine. All I'm doing is acquiring the talent. The locker room of choir boys in a tiny city will definitely do those players some good.

1) Michael Brockers, DE, LSU
2) Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska
3) Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia
4) Quentin Saulsberry, C, Mississippi State
5) Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State
6) Markus Zusevics, OT, Iowa
7a) Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois
7b) Jeremy Lane, CB, Northwestern St
7c) Shawn Loiseau, ILB, Merrimack
7d) Daryl Richardson, RB, Abilene Christian

Saulsberry ended up being a really sexy pick. He'll fill out the interior line depth on the Packers very nicely until Saturday's broke dick is ready to retire. I wanted Austin Davis, but Harnish will do just fine as the next in the long line of outstanding Packer backups. I'm excited about Lane, and Loiseau and Richardson were total 7th round fliers, which sometimes you just gotta do.

I see this draft fulfilling the two KEY needs for the team: Solidify depth at thin positions and get younger, faster, bigger, and stronger on the defensive line. I would have spread out the defensive line picks some since this is such a deep draft for the position, but I simply couldn't pass on both Brockers and Crick. They're EXACTLY who the Packers needed, and they came at the perfect price. Nothing wrong with perfection.

28 1) Michael Brockers, DE, LSU- 14
60 2) Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska- 126
90 3) Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia- 15
122 4) Quentin Saulsberry, C, Mississippi State- undrafted
154 5) Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State- 101
185 6) Markus Zusevics, OT, Iowa- undrafted
206 7a) Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois- 253
217 7b) Jeremy Lane, CB, Northwestern St- 172
223 7c) Shawn Loiseau, ILB, Merrimack- undrafted
225 7d) Daryl Richardson, RB, Abilene Christian- 252

I guess NFL teams don't share my high opinion of Quentin Saulsberry. Whatever. Fuck'em. Kid's gonna be a star.

Dicky McElephant
05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd rate it as meh. Free Agency fucked my 2nd and 3rd round picks all to hell.

Kansas City Chiefs:

1 (11). Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama - #3 Overall
2 (44). Kelechi Osemele, OT, Iowa State - #60 Overall
3 (75). Philip Blake, OC, Baylor - #108 Overall
4 (106). Jonathan Massaquoi, OLB/DE, Troy - #164 Overall
5 (137). Trenton Robinson, S, Michigan State - #180 Overall
6 (170). Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly - #169 Overall
7 (200). Akiem Hicks, NT, Regina - #89 Overall
7 (220). Nick Provo, TE, Syracuse - Undrafted

I thought FA had fucked me after I picked two offensive linemen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.....but apparently Pioli was looking at my draft for ideas.

I missed hitting Jackson on the exact pick he was drafted by one number. Other than Richardson and Hicks....I was pretty much drafting everyone one round higher than they went. Hicks was a steal in the 7th round.

ChiefsCountry
05-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Dallas Cowboys
1. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama (1st)
2. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington (4th)
3. Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State (1st)
4. Tank Carder, LB, TCU (5th)
5. Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas (4th)
6. Will Blackwell, G, LSU (Undrafted)
7. James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma (6th)

Cowboys did pretty damn good job overall. Give that draft an A.

New England Patriots

1. Dontari Poe, DE/DT, Memphis (1st)
1. Mohammad Sanu, WR, Rutgers (3rd)
2. Vinny Curry, LB, Marshall (2nd)
2. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina (Undrafted)
3. Ben Jones, C, Georgia (4th)
4. Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin (Undrafted)

Up and down for the Pats. Still it would be a solid draft. B-

DaKCMan AP
05-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Browns

1.4 Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor (1st)
1.22 Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC (1st)
2.37 Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina (2nd)
3.68 Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State (5th)
4.99 Brandon Washington, OG, Miami (6th)
4.117 Vick Ballard, RB, Miss St. (5th)
5.130 Josh Kaddu, OLB, Oregon (5th)
6.175 Chris Rainey, RB, Florida (5th)
7.193 Tramain Thomas, S, Arkansas (UDFA)
7.227 DeAngelo Peterson, TE, LSU (UDFA)
7.229 Keith Tandy, CB, WVU (6th)

DaKCMan AP
05-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Bears

1.19 Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford (2nd)
2.50 Dwayne Allen, Te, Clemson (3rd)
3.73 Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse (1st)
3.79 Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin (4th)
4.110 Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisville (3rd)
5.141 Tauren Poole, RB, Tennessee (UDFA)
6.172 Jerry Franklin, LB, Arkansas (UDFA)
7.202 Jaye Howard, DT, Florida (4th)

Nightfyre
05-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Yikes!

Bills:
4. Leonard Johnson UDFA
5. Audie Cole - 7th
5. David Molk - 7th
6. Ryan Lindley - 6th
7. Elvis Akpla - UDFA
7. Randy Bullock - 5th

Giants:
4.32 Dequan Menzie - 5th
5.32 BJ Coleman - 7th
6.32 Chris Owusu - UDFA
7.32 Drake Dunsmore - 7th

SNR
05-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Yikes!

Bills:
4. Leonard Johnson UDFA
5. Audie Cole - 7th
5. David Molk - 7th
6. Ryan Lindley - 6th
7. Elvis Akpla - UDFA
7. Randy Bullock - 5th

Giants:
4.32 Dequan Menzie - 5th
5.32 BJ Coleman - 7th
6.32 Chris Owusu - UDFA
7.32 Drake Dunsmore - 7th
N00b :D

It looks like Reachmaqe was about the same. I wouldn't feel too terrible.

BossChief
05-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Miami....not a great draft, but thats what happens when you draft for perceived need. I still think I got a few good players that will contribute to the team a lot.

1.8 Courtney Upshaw - 2nd
2.8 Nick Foles - 3rd
3.8 Nick Jean Baptiste - UDFA
4.8 Andrew Darko - 7th
5.8 TY Hilton - 3rd
6.8 Delano Howell - UDFA
7.8 Neiko Thorpe - UDFA

Atlanta..I think this was a damn strong draft class considering I didnt have a first or fourth round pick to utilize. I basically got great value for every selection as has been the case all three years Ive drafted for them.

***no first round pick due to trade****
2. David Wilson - 1st
3. Jack Baquette - went 9 picks after I took him in the third round
***no 4th rounder due to trade******
5. Shaun Prater - went one slot above where I took him....pretty good for an Iowa homer, huh?
6. Brian Anger - went in the third round...this kid is gonna be a great punter, would have been sick in a dome.
7. Josh Oglesby - UDFA

SNR
05-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Seattle Seahawks:

(12) 1. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College (1st round- 9th overall)
(43) 2. Andre Branch, DE, Clemson (2nd round- 38th overall)
(76) 3. Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette (4th round- 110th overall)
(105) 4. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State (4th round- 102nd overall)
(169) 6. Terrence Ganaway, RB, Baylor (6th round- 202nd overall)
(207) 7. DaJohn Harris, DT, USC (undrafted)

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

DJ's left nut
05-03-2012, 10:27 PM
So ends the Lions draft and they really filled some holes while getting premium talent at several spots.

1st -- Mike Adams, OT, OSU
2nd -- Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
3rd -- Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
4th -- Nigel Bradham, LB, FSU
5th -- Adam Gettis, C, Iowa
7th -- Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami
7th -- Josh LeRibeus, OG, SMU

Adams -- 56th overall to Steelers - !@#$ you, pothead. (-33)
Minnifield -- UDFA; injury concerns. Stunning drop, IMO. Can't believe he went undrafted (-199...fucking ouch)
Johnson -- 65th overall to the Rams; first 'value' pick I made. (+20)
Nigel Bradham -- 105th overall, 4th round to the Bills - slight value (+20)
Adam Gettis-- 141 to Skins, another slight value (+7)
Olivier Vernon -- 72 overall to Miami; huge gainer that helps offset Minnifield (+147)
Josh LeRibeus --71st overall to the 'Skins; puts me over the top. (+158)

Overall grade - +120. That damn Minnifield drop really screwed my pooch or I'd have owned this draft. Good picks in the 3-5 and 2 great 7th rounders; not bad for a first effort.

DJ's left nut
05-03-2012, 10:45 PM
So ends my Panthers draft:

1st) Quinton Coples, DE, UNC
2nd) Brandon Thompson, DT, Syracuse
4th) Brandon Mosely, OT, Auburn
5th) Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
6th) Jeff Fuller, WR, A&M
7th) Marcus Forston, DT, Miami

Coples -- Slight loss, 16th overall (-7)
Thompson -- fell victim to devalued DTs; 93rd overall (-53)
Mosely -- Slight drop (-28)
Childs -- Hurray for minor victories; went in the 4th (+9)
Fuller -- UDFA (-87)
Forston -- UDFA (-55)

Grand total: -221

Well damn, that sucked.

DJ's left nut
05-03-2012, 10:52 PM
I'll just go on record now: It'll be a long LONG time before anyone ever trumps me getting 2 extremely high 3rd round picks out of the 7th and going an incredible +305 in the 7th.

Granted, I needed all of that after the Minnifield pick. Seriously - why the !@#$ didn't that guy get drafted?

BossChief
05-03-2012, 11:04 PM
nice.

I think with the way the new CBA is structured, teams are being more careful about what kind of players they bring in and that might have effected a lot of the prospects in this draft more than some previous ones.

There sure were a lot of guys that went undrafted that were good players and it seems like a lot of them would have been drafted in previous years.

With the salary floor coming into the picture, you need to spend the money and you need to almost always get a good return on your investment to stay competitive.

Something had to have came out in interviews about a lot of these kids that heavily effected their stock with the leagues general managers.

SNR
05-03-2012, 11:14 PM
I'll just go on record now: It'll be a long LONG time before anyone ever trumps me getting 2 extremely high 3rd round picks out of the 7th and going an incredible +305 in the 7th.

Granted, I needed all of that after the Minnifield pick. Seriously - why the !@#$ didn't that guy get drafted?My 2011 Packers draft didn't nail two 7th rounders like you did, but it did get one in Terrell McClain. That draft was a spectacle of beauty:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7611788&postcount=1063

doomy3
05-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Eagles
1st (15) - Fletcher Cox - went in the 1st (12th) +3
2nd (46) - Brock Osweiler - went in the 2nd (57th) -11
2nd (51) - Markelle Martin - went in the 6th (190th) -139
3rd (77) - Vontaze Burfict - UDFA -176
4th (98) - Michael Brewster - UDFA -155
4th (113) - Mychal Kendricks - went in the 2nd (46th) +67
5th (144) - Tyrone Crawford - went in the 3rd (81st) +63
6th (160) - Matt Reynolds - UDFA (-93)
6th (188) - T.J. Graham - went in the 3rd (69th) +119

Damn, had some bad picks with Burfict, Brewster, Martin and Reynolds.

doomy3
05-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Chargers
1st (18) - Riley Reiff - went in the 1st (23rd) -5
2nd (49) - Coby Fleener - went in the 2nd (34th) +15
3rd (78) - Kendell Reyes - went in the 2nd (49th) +29
4th (109) - Chris Givens - went in the 4th (96th) +13
5th (140) - Kyle Wilber - went in the 4th (113th) +27
6th (183) - Cyrus Gray - went in the 6th (182nd) +1
7th (208) - Michah Pellerin - UDFA -45
7th (232) - Miles Burris - went in the 4th (129th) +103

I think I knocked this draft out of the park. Damn good draft for the Chargers.

Chocolate Hog
05-08-2012, 05:45 PM
1 Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford 0
34. Colts - Reuben Randle, WR, LSU -29
65. Colts Chris Polk, RB, Washington UDFA
96. Colts Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri +18
127. Colts Billy Wynn, DE/DT, Boise State -78
182. Colts Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon UDFA
190. Colts Terrell Manning, LB, North Carolina State +27
196. Colts Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincinnati +69
305. Colts Ryan Davis, LB, Bethune-Cookman UDFA

Polk really ****ed up the draft but who thought he was going to be a UDFA?

Chocolate Hog
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
29 Baltimore Ravens- Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin -26
61. Ravens - Shea McClellin, LB, Boise State +42
91. Ravens- Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia -32
155. Ravens- Jeff Allen, OL, Illinois +111
186. Ravens- Marcel Jones, OT, Nebraska -48
218. Ravens- Case Keenum, QB, Houston UDFA

ChiefsCountry
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
29 Baltimore Ravens- Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin -26
61. Ravens - Shea McClellin, LB, Boise State +42
91. Ravens- Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia -32
155. Ravens- Jeff Allen, OL, Illinois +111
186. Ravens- Marcel Jones, OT, Nebraska -48
218. Ravens- Case Keenum, QB, Houston UDFA

Your welcome for Jeff Allen. :p

Chocolate Hog
05-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Your welcome for Jeff Allen. :p

LOL I remembered that as I was typing his name.

Sfeihc
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Bengals

17)J. Jenkins 39th -22 Chickenchit GM's this was and is the perfect Bengals pick
21)M. Barron 7th +14 Ya' heard
53)L. Miller RB 97th -44 Wha' happened? This guy will stud out in the league.
83)R. Broyles WR 54th +31 Thank you, Detroit
115)M. Martin DT 83rd +32 Maize and Blue Warrior
147)S. Kelemete OG 151st +4 Damn near got it on the head
157)J. Jackson S UFA WTF? This doesn't happen to me
179)D. Trevathan LB 188th -9 Came close again

6 is my magic number plus the Jackson airball.

Cincyriffic!!! Skyline for everybody!

Bucs

5)M. Claibourne 6th -1
36)S. Gilmore 10th +26
69)B. Massie 112th -43
131)I. Pead RB 50th +81
162)J. M. Johnson LB 120th +42
194) D. Page-Moss UFA

+105 plus the Moss misfire

Bucs owned it and I don't give a hoot what the numbers say the Bengals cleaned up in our draft and in the real one.

SNR
01-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Sooo... we doing this? I know we usually start up after the combine. I didn't do too well in my fantasy football leagues this year, so I need to fall back on something I win every year- this draft.

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Sooo... we doing this? I know we usually start up after the combine. I didn't do too well in my fantasy football leagues this year, so I need to fall back on something I win every year- this draft.

Yes I want to wait until free agency has at least started and the needs for teams are a little clearer. Its gotten down to run pretty smoothly and goes fairly quickly, time isn't the problem that it used to be IMO.

Not to mention a little closer to draft time and some picks based on information in February won't make some picks look as bad come normal draft time. It should cut down on some of the douches who want to throw your picks back in your face.

Sorter
01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Yes I want to wait until free agency has at least started and the needs for teams are a little clearer. Its gotten down to run pretty smoothly and goes fairly quickly, time isn't the problem that it used to be IMO.

Not to mention a little closer to draft time and some picks based on information in February won't make some picks look as bad come normal draft time. It should cut down on some of the douches who want to throw your picks back in your face.

Excellent. I am excite.

Woodrow Call
01-23-2013, 05:03 PM

Good call IMO

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Good call IMO

Damn Archie you had me worried for a second with the name change. :p

Dicky McElephant
01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
I was just about to post a thread about it....but I thought it might be to early.

Dicky McElephant
01-23-2013, 05:41 PM
I think I should get a do over as the Chiefs for 2013.....you know....since Pioli fucked me with his bullshit "team" building.

BossChief
01-23-2013, 06:42 PM
A suggestion that I think would be worth discussion...

I think we have enough posters that we could have 1 for each team instead of each poster having 2 each.

Possibly having each poster that is a current "GM" have the choice to either keep both teams OR to chose who he wants to give the other team to.

What do you guys think?

DaKCMan AP
01-23-2013, 07:32 PM

I think we have enough posters that we could have 1 for each team instead of each poster having 2 each.

Possibly having each poster that is a current "GM" have the choice to either keep both teams OR to chose who he wants to give the other team to.

What do you guys think?

I think.......no.

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2013, 07:59 PM

What do you guys think?

Nope the 16 posters with 2 teams each is the best method. We have this down to a science now. The 32 posters was just a cluster fuck. Hell we lose 2 to 4 each with 16, 32 is a disaster.

Dicky McElephant
01-23-2013, 08:10 PM

What do you guys think?

It's hard as fuck to keep 32 people interested in this and paying attention.

BossChief
01-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Are there any open spots this year?

IMO guys like Sorter and Sac should be given first dibs if there are.

Sorter
01-23-2013, 09:29 PM

I would love a spot if it is open.

something cooler
01-23-2013, 09:41 PM
I want a spot.

Rambozo
01-23-2013, 09:44 PM
I am definately in if you'll have me.

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2013, 09:45 PM

Bye bye.

Sorter
01-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Bye bye.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd274/AdmiralPeach/Loki_laugh.gif

BossChief
01-23-2013, 10:06 PM

ROFL

Sfeihc
01-23-2013, 10:10 PM
I've had quite a few CP Mocks in my rear view mirror. I'd like the opportunity to draft for KC this year.

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2013, 10:10 PM
I've had quite a few CP Mocks in my rear view mirror. I'd the opportunity to draft for KC this year.

You going to draft Matt Barkley?

Direckshun
01-23-2013, 10:11 PM
What's the story with Rambozo? Hootie?

Direckshun
01-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I do NOT want the Chiefs this year. Do not want. I think the QB market this year is dreadful and I'm pretty sure I'll be run off the board on a rail if I pass it over at #1 overall.

Sfeihc
01-23-2013, 10:13 PM
You going to draft Matt Barkley?

You'll have to wait and see.:)

Sorter
01-23-2013, 10:14 PM
What's the story with Rambozo? Hootie?

BlackBob mult

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Whoever gets the Chiefs only has two choices for #1 - Barkley or Geno Smith. I'll let Wilson in as well. You don't pick them you get banned from the Mock. :)

Sorter
01-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Whoever gets the Chiefs only has two choices for #1 - Barkley or Geno Smith. I'll let Wilson in as well. You don't pick them you get banned from the Mock. :)

:)

Direckshun
01-24-2013, 02:09 AM
Like I said. Don't give me the Chiefs.

DaKCMan AP
01-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Was looking at DaKCMan AP's CP Mock History (throwing away the first year which only went 2 rounds). Some really nice picks. DaKCMan AP wins the draft! :D

Seriously, though... maybe the Chiefs should allow DaKCMan AP to pick the QB at #1 overall. :hmmm:

Bears
1.19 Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
2.50 Dwayne Allen, Te, Clemson
3.73 Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse
3.79 Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
4.110 Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisville
5.141 Tauren Poole, RB, Tennessee
6.172 Jerry Franklin, LB, Arkansas
7.202 Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

Browns

Miami Dolphins
1.15 Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
3.15 Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
4.14 Robert Sands, S, WVU
5.15 Lee Ziemba, OG/OT, Auburn
7.13 Tim Barnes, C, Missouri
7.14 DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB, Miami

Oakland Raiders
2.16 Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
3.17 Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
4.16 Lawrence Guy, DT, Arizona State
5.17 Chris Hairston, OT, Clemson
6.16 Ugo Chinasa, DE, Oklahoma State
7.15 Jonas Mouton, OLB, Michigan

49ers Draft
10 Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas
43 Hakeem Nicks, WR, UNC
74 Victor "Macho" Harris, CB, Va Tech
107 Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, Georgia
138 Jason Watkins, OT, Florida
163* Christopher Owens, CB, San Jose State
171 Maurice Evans, DE, Penn State
202 Mike Reilly, QB, CWU
227* Ramon Foster, OG, Tennessee

Ravens Draft
26 Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
57 Darry Beckwith, ILB, LSU
88 Mitch King, DE, Iowa
119 Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin
154 Kevin Ogletree, WR, Virginia
185 Jon Cooper, C, Oklahoma

Seahawks
1.25 DeSean Jackson, WR, California
2.55 Brad Cottam, TE, Tennessee
3.86 Ahtyba Rubin, DT, Iowa State
4.117 Mike McGlynn, OG, Pittsburgh
5.150 Peyton Hillis, FB, Arkansas

the Talking Can
01-24-2013, 08:05 AM
my favorite thread of the year....

htismaqe
01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
I'd just like to say I took some serious heat for sending Whitney Mercilus to the Bills.

Slow start but an ascending player.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
I'd just like to say I took some serious heat for sending Whitney Mercilus to the Bills.

Slow start but an ascending player.

I took heat for wanting him here.

I love Mercilus and really wanted us to be 3 deep at OLB, especially considering that Tamba is starting to get up in age.

Nightfyre
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
I want back in this year, even though I only subbed for htis in the later rounds last year.

Direckshun
01-24-2013, 07:03 PM
I too wanted Mercilus of all feasible options.

SNR
01-24-2013, 07:07 PM

I'd love to see Sorter get a spot. Not to speak for anybody, but there are guys like Lono who has been great but occasionally get bogged down with work stuff. If someone were to bow out this year, I imagine it'd be him.

Not only that, but Hamas gave up his spot to htismaqe. If Hamas wants back in, htis or somebody else will have to give up a spot.

SNR
01-24-2013, 07:08 PM
I want back in this year, even though I only subbed for htis in the later rounds last year.

Ah, that's what happened.

I think if you have a spot you should be able to keep it until you don't want it anymore. But I don't make the rules for this thing.

SNR
01-24-2013, 07:12 PM
And yeah... please put my name in the drawing hat for the Chiefs this year. I don't know if we vote on it or if it's up to ChiefsCountry to decide. But I'd like to be considered along with any others who want to pick for them this year.

If you need references, I have one or two right here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890

:D

Direckshun
01-24-2013, 07:30 PM
I will volunteer to give up one of my teams if it helps make room for another mock drafting talent. :)

SNR
01-24-2013, 07:55 PM
I will volunteer to give up one of my teams if it helps make room for another mock drafting talent. :)
:(

If you leave us with chiefscafan, I will NEVER forgive you :deevee:

Direckshun
01-24-2013, 07:58 PM
I've been following the draft pretty diligently as always. Though I am tiptoeing this particular offseason because obviously I hate the QB options at #1 overall, and that is only going to get me an entire offseason of hostility I'd rather minimize.

I'm just making room for talent, should we feel so inclined.

I'm trying to be generous, you prick.

SNR
01-24-2013, 08:02 PM
I've been following the draft pretty diligently as always.

I'm just making room for talent, should we feel so inclined.

I'm trying to be generous, you prick.

I think Sorter would be an incredible team owner to this mock. I want htismaqe and Hamas to get their old spots back, and for Nightfyre to retain the one he generously and successfully took over.

But I don't want anybody currently in this to give up his spot if he doesn't want to. If that person is capable of checking in once every 24 hours to see if it's his turn, and he wants to keep doing it this year, I don't want that person to leave.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 10:21 PM

If you leave us with chiefscafan, I will NEVER forgive you :deevee:

ROFL

BossChief
01-24-2013, 10:23 PM

I would, too...but I don't think some of the other GMs want that to happen.

ChiefsCountry
01-24-2013, 10:36 PM
From experience it does not work. We have the perfect system as it is right now.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Guys, I'm flexible. If I have a spot fine, if not, that's fine too.

CaliforniaChief
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
If there are any spots left, I wouldn't mind a shot. But if not, I enjoy watching it go down so either way.

Dicky McElephant
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
I would, too...but I don't think some of the other GMs want that to happen.

Not what I said. If a current owner wants to give up one of their teams to a person that is approved by the rest of the owners....that's fine. I am against having 32 owners though.

BossChief
01-25-2013, 11:35 AM
I didn't mention any names, pest.

Here is what I posted as a discussion point...A suggestion that I think would be worth discussion...

What do you guys think?

I'm fine either way... I just think there are a few guys that would be good additions.

Flop wants back in
TTC would probably participate and do very well
Sorter would be a good addition
Hamas is back so that means a spot can be open for Htis
Sacapoo would be a worthwhile participant
OTWP was a top notch part of this

There are probably another handful of guys that would add value to the draft.

Jmo.

OnTheWarpath58
01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
From experience it does not work. We have the perfect system as it is right now.

Yep. We've crafted this thing over time, and the current setup is by far the best option.

IIRC, when I started running it after either Parker or JSP gave it up (can't remember) we tried giving 32 guys a team each, and it was a fucking trainwreck.

16 very carefully selected owners is perfect.

Glad to see CC take this on and keep it successful. Have fun, fellas.

Chocolate Hog
01-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Will the same guys be invited back this year?

Sorter
01-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Yep. We've crafted this thing over time, and the current setup is by far the best option.

IIRC, when I started running it after either Parker or JSP gave it up (can't remember) we tried giving 32 guys a team each, and it was a ****ing trainwreck.

16 very carefully selected owners is perfect.

Glad to see CC take this on and keep it successful. Have fun, fellas.

the Talking Can
01-25-2013, 01:39 PM
I didn't mention any names, pest.

Here is what I posted as a discussion point...

I'm fine either way... I just think there are a few guys that would be good additions.

Flop wants back in
TTC would probably participate and do very well
Sorter would be a good addition
Hamas is back so that means a spot can be open for Htis
Sacapoo would be a worthwhile participant
OTWP was a top notch part of this

There are probably another handful of guys that would add value to the draft.

Jmo.

i appreciate the mention, but I greatly prefer to watch and learn...I don't watch college widely enough to really know guys deep in the draft

chiefscafan
01-28-2013, 12:21 PM
I know this probably gonna fall on deaf ears but I'd like to be included again. I was in the first two years then wasn't allowed anymore. I never missed my pick so I'm asking nicely Id like to be included again.

Rudy lost the toss
01-28-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm going to submit my resume here:

-Participated in the painfully slow Alt draft of 2011 and stuck it through.
-Had two teams and though my pick sucked, I averaged only 1-hour to make my selection. Id put that up against anybody ever.
-Im a grad student and substitute teacher which means I have all the time in the world to do bullshit
- I've watched more college football this year than any other year in my life

Anybody want to give up one of their teams this year, let me know.

DaKCMan AP
01-28-2013, 01:04 PM
I know this probably gonna fall on deaf ears but I'd like to be included again. I was in the first two years then wasn't allowed anymore. I never missed my pick so I'm asking nicely Id like to be included again.

I'm going to submit my resume here:

-Participated in the painfully slow Alt draft of 2011 and stuck it through.
-Had two teams and though my pick sucked, I averaged only 1-hour to make my selection. Id put that up against anybody ever.
-Im a grad student and substitute teacher which means I have all the time in the world to do bullshit
- I've watched more college football this year than any other year in my life

Anybody want to give up one of their teams this year, let me know.

We'll keep your resumes on file.

http://trainpigs.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/trash-can.jpg

the Talking Can
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
burn