PDA

View Full Version : MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread***

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Saul Good
05-01-2012, 10:44 AM
There is a rumor going around that we may not be out of the running for Ezekiel Elliot.

That would be huge. He's the one that got away so far.

beer bacon
05-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Clay Rhodes, 6'6 OT out of Blue Valley, KS, just committed to Mizzou. It'd be nice if we could get Joel Morrow too. Grunhard doesn't quite have KC on lockdown yet.

https://twitter.com/#!/clay_rhodes72

kcchiefsus
05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Clay Rhodes, 6'6 OT out of Blue Valley, KS, just committed to Mizzou. It'd be nice if we could get Joel Morrow too. Grunhard doesn't quite have KC on lockdown yet.

https://twitter.com/#!/clay_rhodes72

And never will.

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
The top player in the state of kansas commits to Mizzou. Awesome.

qabbaan
05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Top football prospects in KS and AR both committed, inclusive of the top player in the whole country. Not bad.

eazyb81
05-02-2012, 11:53 AM

https://twitter.com/#!/clay_rhodes72 (https://twitter.com/#%21/clay_rhodes72)

I'd say Morrow is between us and Nebraska.

beer bacon
05-02-2012, 11:57 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/randy_rhodes123/status/197745332258488320/photo/1

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Mizzou now has 10 commitments. Last year at this time, Mizzou had two. I wonder how many we would have if that whole SEC thing wasn't holding us back? ;)

Codered
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Celebration Charlie is really changing the tides in KC!

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
From PowerMizzou:

When Stilwell (KS) Blue Valley offensive tackle Clay Rhodes announced his commitment to Missouri on Twitter, it came as no surprise.

Rhodes intimated as much on Saturday, when he told PowerMizzou.com his final three, with Missouri as his leader. Later in the conversation, he said a decision was already made, but he would wait to announce.

On Wednesday, Rhodes headed to Columbia to commit to Missouri in person. Around noon, Rhodes sent out a tweet from his Twitter account, @clay_rhodes72:

"Taking my talents to Columbia! Just committed to Mizzou! #MIZ"

In the interview on Saturday, Rhodes said a big draw for Missouri was the ability to play with his good friends.

"I'm already good friends with (current commits) Trent (Hosick), Nick (Ramirez), Harneet (Gill) and Alex (Abeln)," Rhodes said. "They've been very supportive, and I'd like to play with those guys."

Rhodes also cited Missouri as the school he was most comfortable with, and the fact that the Tigers offered first was "a great feeling."

Rhodes becomes Missouri's tenth known commitment, and the Tigers' third offensive linemen in the 2013 class. Rivals.com ranks Rhodes as a 5.6 three-star recruit. Rhodes is also Missouri's second out-of-state commitment in the 2013 class.

qabbaan
05-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Mizzou now has 10 commitments. Last year at this time, Mizzou had two. I wonder how many we would have if that whole SEC thing wasn't holding us back? ;)

ROFL

|Zach|
05-02-2012, 05:16 PM
The Art of War: Mizzou goes into Kansas, pulls top '13 tackle

Read more here: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2614#storylink=cpy

Blue Valley '13 OT Clay Rhodes (72) grew up a Kansas fan, but play at Missouri.

COLUMBIA | The father could tell his son was falling in love with Missouri all along. Randy Rhodes found some humor in this, since his son Clay – a three-star offensive tackle at Blue Valley High School – grew up a Kansas fan.

But to Randy, Clay’s decision to officially spurn his childhood favorite and commit to Missouri on Wednesday – thus becoming the 10th member of what is shaping up to be a strong 2013 Tiger recruiting class – speaks more to the strength of Mizzou’s sales pitch and coaching staff than anything else.

“Mizzou outrecruited every school that came after Clay,” Randy said, simply.

Rhodes, who stands 6-feet-6 and weighs 265 pounds, chose Missouri over Oklahoma State and had offers from Kansas and Kansas State. He is the fourth ’13 recruit from Kansas City to commit to Missouri since February, and like the others, he mentioned several reasons for his decision.

“Coach Pinkel is great, my position coaches are incredible and I knew they’d treat me like I was one of their own,” Rhodes said. “There’s a family atmosphere, too. There’s guys I want to be around, like Trent (Hosick) and Nick (Ramirez), and I want to be a part of playing in the SEC and winning a national title.”

Hosick, a three-star quarterback at Staley, and a Ramirez, a hard-hitting four-star linebacker from Lee’s Summit West, both committed to Missouri the morning of the Black and Gold game April 14. Both cited the same reasons for committing as Rhodes, who also joins Hogan Prep cornerback Anthony Sherrils as local members of the ‘13 class.

Rhodes credits Hosick, whom he befriended at a recruiting combine a few months ago, for staying in his ear and playing a role in his decision.

“Trent and I talk almost everyday,” Rhodes said. “I’m excited to block for him.”

Rhodes said Hosick, who led Staley to an undefeated state championship in Missouri Class 5 last season, never pressured him to pick Missouri. Instead, he encouraged Rhodes to make the best decision for him, though he wasn’t shy about giving his opinion on the matter.

“He was like ‘Do what’s best for you, but personally, I think you should go to Mizzou because I want to play with guys like you,’” Rhodes said.

Rhodes, who has Missouri grads in his family, also never forgot that Missouri was the first school to offer him a scholarship – an offer that came on the heels of an unofficial visit to Kansas just days earlier.

“Kansas was like the fourth or fifth team to offer me,” Rhodes said. “I got my first offer from Missouri and was like (wow).”

Rhodes told his dad about the offer, which came a couple weeks after the football season, and Randy advised him to wait before committing. He figured a few other schools would join the fray, and he was right.

But Clay’s heart was always with Missouri – at least, that’s how it appeared to Randy.

“We knew Missouri has been at top of his list since his first visit,” Randy said. “But I got my first clue he’d pick them when he visited Oklahoma State. The facilities and coaches there were great, but he was ready to leave at halftime of the spring game. We were driving back to the airport and it dawned on me that he’d made up his mind that day.”

Clay said he was 95 percent sure he’d pick Missouri last weekend, and after some final consideration, he came to the conclusion Tuesday night that he was 100 percent sure that’s where he wanted to go.

“If I were to compares MU, MU and K-State recruiting,” Rhodes said, “Missouri blows them out of the water.”

Now, Rhodes plans on doing a little recruiting of his own. Missouri has offered scholarships to two more prospects from the Kansas City area – Rockhurst offensive lineman Zach Hannon and Lee’s Summit West defensive end Jamone Boyd – and Rhodes and Hannon are close.

In fact, Rhodes said he had a discussion with Hannon on Tuesday night.

“He was curious about what I was doing because it was all over the news, and he wanted to know where I was at in the process,” Rhodes said. “We also talked about where he was at in the process.”

Rhodes didn’t go into too much detail about Hannon’s thinking, but he did reveal his recruiting pitch, one that wasn’t much different than the one he heard from Hosick.

“I said ‘Hey, you’ve got to do what’s best for you,’” Rhodes said. “But I told him I’d love to be his teammate because I know how good he is. We’ll be in touch, still.”

The fact Clay has already started recruiting for Missouri doesn’t surprise his father. Remember, Randy’s known for a while where his son’s heart lies; he’s just happy Clay finally made it official Wednesday.

“I’m ecstatic for Clay and so is his mom,” Randy said. “We just wanted him to find a school he felt comfortable at…and Missouri’s staff has done an amazing job of turning a kid that grew up a Kansas fan into a Mizzou fan.”

To reach Terez A. Paylor, call 816-234-4489 or send email to tpaylor@kcstar.com. Follow him at twitter.com/TerezPaylor.

Read more here: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2614#storylink=cpy

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-02-2012, 05:36 PM
S
E
C

Frazod
05-02-2012, 05:54 PM

I remember when the Big Ten spurned us for the Corncobs, I thought we'd be doomed to Texas hell forever. Turns out it was a blessing. No way does all this happen if we're playing that junior member crap Nebraska got saddled with.

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2012, 06:39 PM
From PowerMizzou: Eight Magic Words

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1361583

Last weekend, Stilwell (KS) Blue Valley offensive tackle Clay Rhodes was 95 percent sure he wanted to commit to Missouri.

He wanted to add five percent to that total before making it official, however.

On Tuesday, Rhodes said he thought and prayed on his decision. He also picked up the phone to call his friend -- and now future teammate -- Trent Hosick.

"He gave me some advice and help with the way I should go about committing," Rhodes said. "He knew for a while I was stuck between Mizzou and Oklahoma State, and his advice was that I needed to be 100 percent sure. I needed to be comfortable where ever I go.

"He didn't push me one way or the other. He said, 'I want you to be happy with whatever you do.'"

In the end, that was the final push Rhodes needed.

"I get to go into a good program and block for a guy like that," Rhodes said. "I'm blessed to be in that position."

Rhodes headed to Columbia on Wednesday to meet with Missouri's staff in person. Missouri's coaches appeared to know something was coming -- "They were pushing it a little bit, talking about committing," Rhodes said -- but he waited to commit in his own way.

Wearing a black Mizzou shirt under a white Blue Valley shirt, Rhodes said he didn't want to get a stain on his shirt. He took off his high school shirt to reveal his undershirt.

"Then I said the eight magic words," Rhodes said. "Coach Hill, I want to be a Tiger."

Rhodes said there's no need for Missouri fans to worry about flirtations with other schools.

"I'm committed, a hundred percent," Rhodes said. "That's what the word means, and I'm done."

Like Hosick, Rhodes now intends to turn from recruit to recruiter. While he wouldn't name names, Rhodes expects to be a busy man over the next few months.

Luckily, he's learned how to recruit from Hosick.

"I have a few guys that I'm going to contact," Rhodes said. "I'm going to send help, be supportive, and hopefully they'll choose Mizzou."

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Bowl game in St. Louis?
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/group-envisions-bowl-game-in-st-louis/article_589b397e-0193-5117-807e-88b606beca6d.html

eazyb81
05-02-2012, 06:53 PM
“I’m ecstatic for Clay and so is his mom,” Randy said. “We just wanted him to find a school he felt comfortable at…and Missouri’s staff has done an amazing job of turning a kid that grew up a Kansas fan into a Mizzou fan.”

Nice.

eazyb81
05-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I assumed we wouldn't have room for Hannon if Rhodes committed, but it sounds like we still want him.

Adding Hannon and Boyd would make this arguably the best in-state haul Mizzou has ever had. It still might be. We're getting everyone we want.

Mizzou_8541
05-02-2012, 07:09 PM
I assumed we wouldn't have room for Hannon if Rhodes committed, but it sounds like we still want him.

Adding Hannon and Boyd would make this arguably the best in-state haul Mizzou has ever had. It still might be. We're getting everyone we want.

In addition, it appears that Ezekiel Elliott (sp?) may not be completely committed to tOSU, and that Mizzou may still have a shot.

Trevo_410
05-02-2012, 08:29 PM

i think hannon is more of a guard than a tackle

Trevo_410
05-02-2012, 08:49 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/EzekielElliott/status/197857907960856576/photo/1

Trevo_410
05-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Also, Ramirez has got an awesome avatar...

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2185777743/tn-1.jpg

DJ's left nut
05-02-2012, 09:07 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/EzekielElliott/status/197857907960856576/photo/1

Ramirez tweeted back to Elliot: "It's a long time till signing day"

May not be out on him just yet...

eazyb81
05-04-2012, 07:30 AM
This is cool.

http://www.tigerboard.com/uimages/user21315_6.jpg
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/Aenima989/?action=viewt=Mizzou5.jpg

duncan_idaho
05-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Ramirez tweeted back to Elliot: "It's a long time till signing day"

May not be out on him just yet...

They're still recruiting him.

They don't recruit guys who tell them "Stop recruiting me, I'm solid to so-and-so."

ergo, ipso...

beer bacon
05-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Elliot's parents both want him at Mizzou, but they haven't gotten involved in his recruitment yet. Meyer told Elliot if he didn't commit on his visit, he would lose his spot. Elliot's recruitment isn't over.

kcchiefsus
05-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Elliot's parents both want him at Mizzou, but they haven't gotten involved in his recruitment yet. Meyer told Elliot if he didn't commit on his visit, he would lose his spot. Elliot's recruitment isn't over.

Meyer is a piece of shit.

Mizzou_8541
05-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Cool story about Dorial Green-Beckham. Sorry if repost.

http://www.kspr.com/sports/ky3-missouri-tigers-dorial-greenbeckham-awarded-high-school-player-of-the-year-honor-20120503,0,5277664.story

Pitt Gorilla
05-05-2012, 08:40 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AsF_mSqCIAAxNUD.jpg

Trevo_410
05-05-2012, 09:33 PM
sweeeeeet, antar just committed...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Antar-Thompson-136418;_ylt=AhjzFEjfgXHihNWXphuBF7Yas5B4

Pitt Gorilla
05-05-2012, 09:35 PM
sweeeeeet, antar just committed...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Antar-Thompson-136418;_ylt=AhjzFEjfgXHihNWXphuBF7Yas5B4I just saw that. Awesome get. Pinkel et al. have the state on lockdown.

Trevo_410
05-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Jamone Boyd and Zach Hannon have a final 3 of Mizzou, Arkansas, and Nebraska.

They have discussed doing what Ramirez and Hosick did commiting to the same school at the same time.

Pitt Gorilla
05-05-2012, 10:07 PM
11 high-profile commitments by May 5. This is awesome.

bowener
05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AsF_mSqCIAAxNUD.jpg
Damn. For some reason I really want to dislike these, but I just can't!

Chocolate Hog
05-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Jamone Boyd and Zach Hannon have a final 3 of Mizzou, Arkansas, and Nebraska.

They have discussed doing what Ramirez and Hosick did commiting to the same school at the same time.

Interesting Hannon's parents both went to MU but one of his best friends is Micheal Rose.

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-06-2012, 08:51 AM
11 high-profile commitments by May 5. This is awesome.

S
E
C

Adios Big Bevo!!!!

Saul Good
05-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Interesting Hannon's parents both went to MU but one of his best friends is Micheal Rose.

I know him a little bit, and I know one of his best friends very well. I don't think he goes to Mizzou. He seems to want to go away to school. Arkansas was probably the leader before Petrino. My guess is that Mizzou is the most likely choice, but that would be under 50%.

baitism
05-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Going away doesn't always mean that you have to go hundreds of miles away. I am from KC and Columbia is plenty far away to not have your parents just dropping by. But, it is nice to have the option of going home without having to step on a plane.

Chocolate Hog
05-06-2012, 05:04 PM
I know him a little bit, and I know one of his best friends very well. I don't think he goes to Mizzou. He seems to want to go away to school. Arkansas was probably the leader before Petrino. My guess is that Mizzou is the most likely choice, but that would be under 50%.

Does his best friend mention anything about Nebraska?

Saul Good
05-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Does his best friend mention anything about Nebraska?

No. His guess was Arkansas, but he didn't really know. Also got the feeling he wants an offer from Oklahoma.

duncan_idaho
05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
No. His guess was Arkansas, but he didn't really know. Also got the feeling he wants an offer from Oklahoma.

Sounds like Hannon and Jamone Boyd might be a package deal.

I know Boyd has yet to receive an offer (at least a reported one) from either Oklahoma or Arkansas. There's a feeling Mizzou is in good shape.

They don't have a ton of offers in common. Mizzou is one of the few. Honestly, I think they and Eric Biesel are the last in-state guys being heavily targeted.

If they closed this in-state class by getting these three guys and getting Elliott to flip, I think that would give them a 100 percent sign rate on the guys in Missouri they want (which would be a first).

Saul Good
05-07-2012, 09:50 AM
I think the notion of package deals is highly overblown. You hear about it a lot, but it never materializes.

The guys covering Mizzou sure seem to think Hannon is coming, so maybe there is something there. The teammate I mentioned earlier didn't make it sound like they talked a lot about it, nor did he seem overly interested.

duncan_idaho
05-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I think the notion of package deals is highly overblown. You hear about it a lot, but it never materializes.

The guys covering Mizzou sure seem to think Hannon is coming, so maybe there is something there. The teammate I mentioned earlier didn't make it sound like they talked a lot about it, nor did he seem overly interested.

It did with Hosick/Ramirez.

Hannon recently talked about doing the same thing (as Ramirez/Hosick) with Boyd. I know you're on PM - did you see that update? I don't remember if it was in the Chamber or something else.

Saul Good
05-07-2012, 10:32 AM
It did with Hosick/Ramirez.

Hannon recently talked about doing the same thing (as Ramirez/Hosick) with Boyd. I know you're on PM - did you see that update? I don't remember if it was in the Chamber or something else.

It's one thing for a guy to encourage a guy to go somewhere, but I don't consider that a package deal. The Morris twins were a package deal.

duncan_idaho
05-07-2012, 10:50 AM
It's one thing for a guy to encourage a guy to go somewhere, but I don't consider that a package deal. The Morris twins were a package deal.

It's beyond encouragement with these guys (but not quite twins package level), from what it sounds like (you might have a better idea through folks you know, not sure).

Hannon has spoken about Boyd being his best friend/them wanting to go to the same school/wanting to commit to the same school at the same time.

He specifically has mentioned he thought it was cool that Hosick and Ramirez committed at the same time and he and Boyd would like to do that.

beer bacon
05-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Guys at Scout seem to think he is Mizzou bound too.

Saul Good
05-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Guys at Scout seem to think he is Mizzou bound too.

Its been an incredible haul at oline lately.

qabbaan
05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
@GabeDeArmond: Reports are out that #Mizzou has added Tulsa transfer Jordan Clarkson.

qabbaan
05-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Whoops, wrong thread

Pitt Gorilla
05-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Mizzou RB signee Morgan Steward posted a 10.44 in the 100 meters this past weekend.

Frazod
05-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Has anybody heard anything about when replicas of the new jerseys will go on sale? Haven't seen anything on the official site or ebay.

Pitt Gorilla
05-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Awesome.

http://mls2go.smugmug.com/Other/New-Mizzou-Nike/22864511_Lw7XXQ#!p=1&n=12

kcchiefsus
05-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Four * Iowa OT Jake Campos committed to Missouri.

eazyb81
05-10-2012, 07:49 AM
The SEC is going to kill our recruiting.

duncan_idaho
05-10-2012, 07:53 AM
I am seeing reports that Jake Campos, 4-star OT from Iowa, has joined the commit club.Just a huge get (this kid grew up a huge Cyclone fan and apparently love Rhoads) and hopefully a sign of the impact the SEC move can have on Missouri recruiting the local areas.

Missouri is building a REALLY strong OL class. A few thoughts on that:

OT Jake Campos - big and athletic, it wouldn't surprise me if he plays either T or G in college. Got a shot to be a Rivals 250 kid/go to one of the premier all-star games.Similar player to...

OTs Harneet Gill and Clay Rhodes - to me, these are very similar guys. They're tall, rangy and athletic, and LEAN. Gill has GREAT feet. Key is if they can retain the quickness/athletic ability when they add 40 pounds.

C Alec Abeln - They like his size, intelligence and ability to snap the ball. They seem to have altered their recruiting a bit, to ensure they don't have a snap situation like they did a year ago.

They probably still have a spot open for Zach Hannon, who is seen as a G, if he wants it.

Really exciting time, though. OL recruiting is at another level, it seems. Having Andy Bauer - a likely Rivals 100 and possibly Rivals 50 guy - already on board for 2014 is a great start to that class. Need to add to it with Braden Smith...

Frazod
05-10-2012, 07:59 AM
The SEC is going to kill our recruiting.

We're doomed! LMAO

Saul Good
05-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Did we just move into the heart of both Big Ten and Big Twelve country and snag a four star recruit right out from under them?

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Damn, SEC fever is running wild over the midwest ROFL Love it!

DJ's left nut
05-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Did we just move into the heart of both Big Ten and Big Twelve country and snag a four star recruit right out from under them?

Surprised he didn't jump at that Kansas offer...

No, but seriously, I actually am surprised he passed on Iowa and Purdue. I would think an Iowa lineman leaving an Iowa offer on the table would be similar to a Pennsylvania linebacker not taking a Penn State offer (well, before Sandusky).

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-10-2012, 08:44 AM

No, but seriously, I actually am surprised he passed on Iowa and Purdue. I would think an Iowa lineman leaving an Iowa offer on the table would be similar to a Pennsylvania linebacker not taking a Penn State offer (well, before Sandusky).

Hey man, they have as good of facilities as anyone in the nation!! Who knows he might have fancied that track and always dreamed of running on it before a game some day :eek:

OmahaChief
05-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Mizzou RB signee Morgan Steward posted a 10.44 in the 100 meters this past weekend.

SEC speed!

siberian khatru
05-10-2012, 08:54 AM

Especially when Grunhard flashed those AFC West title rings from the 90s.

Saul Good
05-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey man, they have as good of facilities as anyone in the nation!! Who knows he might have fancied that track and always dreamed of running on it before a game some day :eek:In fairness, Mizzou has a shitty track, too.

Trevo_410
05-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Awesome.

http://mls2go.smugmug.com/Other/New-Mizzou-Nike/22864511_Lw7XXQ#!p=1&n=12

TBQH I think we need to pick one helmet style after this year and stick with it.

I'm starting to like them large tigerhead ones though. It seems as though the black on it matches the black on our unis. It might not be a "traditional" style helmet, but why should we want to be traditional if we're trying to make our own brand? We're not no bama, lsu, georgia, texas, oklahoma, etc... We need ot make our own type of "classic" identity by sticking with one and not alternating. I will not support a oregon/maryland/okie lite school. Also, I hate the frickin tiger oval:mad:

talastan
05-10-2012, 09:27 AM
TBQH I think we need to pick one helmet style after this year and stick with it.

I'm starting to like them large tigerhead ones though. It seems as though the black on it matches the black on our unis. It might not be a "traditional" style helmet, but why should we want to be traditional if we're trying to make our own brand? We're not no bama, lsu, georgia, texas, oklahoma, etc... We need ot make our own type of "classic" identity by sticking with one and not alternating. I will not support a oregon/maryland/okie lite school. Also, I hate the frickin tiger oval:mad:

I have to agree with you. The flat black/grey helmet and unis are awesome. I think the militaristic look of them would be great come game day.

qabbaan
05-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Where does this recruiting class rank in MU history?

duncan_idaho
05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Where does this recruiting class rank in MU history?

Hard to say at this point. If you compare it to past recruiting classes, they have never had this many commits, this early. Especially high star talents like this.

The most 4-stars Missouri has landed in one recruiting cycle is 7 (2010). That was also Pinkel's highest-rated class, checking in at 21st when all was said and done. They have three currently (Campos, Abbington and Ramirez).

They don't have a TON of 4-star talents still on the table (that we know about at this point), so I'm not sure they get to that level. But the way they're filling this class and filling it early is pretty impressive.

Pitt Gorilla
05-10-2012, 10:30 AM
This is an unbelievable get for Mizzou. They have the makings of a badass O-line of the future.

duncan_idaho
05-10-2012, 10:42 AM
This is an unbelievable get for Mizzou. They have the makings of a badass O-line of the future.

Iowa fans can't believe they lost Campos. Pretty hilarious stuff, really.

Pitt Gorilla
05-10-2012, 04:10 PM
The move to the SEC is killing recruiting.

beer bacon
05-10-2012, 04:19 PM
#10 2013 recruiting class on Scout with no rankings for J'Mon Moore, Harneet Gill, and Aarion Penton. #11 on 247sports with no ranking for Antar Thompson.

Trevo_410
05-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Faurot Stadium Renovation, subject for approval....

looking west...
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5306/tumblrm3vn2pcrpu1rw044m.jpg

looking east...
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9585/tumblrm3vmu9xmzq1rw044m.jpg

lookin pretty badass to me... with even more room for expansion on the north side if we need it... also, can't wait till we actually get seats(real seats) in there...

Pitt Gorilla
05-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Awesome. SEC.

Saul Good
05-11-2012, 09:04 PM

looking west...

looking east...

lookin pretty badass to me... with even more room for expansion on the north side if we need it... also, can't wait till we actually get seats(real seats) in there...

How are the fans on the back of the bottom of the east side supposed to see?

tredadda
05-11-2012, 10:07 PM
From a recruiting standpoint it looks like the move to the SEC has helped Mizzou lock down their home borders and even cherry pick one from Kansas and Iowa, but overall is there any progress outside of this as far as recruiting goes? They used to have to augment their in state gets with Texas recruits, are they still getting them? Are they making inroads elsewhere in SEC country? It looks like the in state haul is impressive, but they will need more than Missouri talent and one or two from KS or Iowa in order to consistently compete in the SEC. Just curious from those who are more in the loop about this than myself.

Pitt Gorilla
05-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I think they're trying to break into Georgia and Louisiana to land some recruits.

beer bacon
05-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Recruits from Georgia, Florida, Texas, and the rest of the South should start visiting now that school is over. We should see some commitments from more out of staters this summer.

BourbonMan
05-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Missouri QB arrested for leaving scene of accident

Read more here: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2649#storylink=cpy

This isn't good :rolleyes:

Saul Good
05-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Dumb move to hit a parked car and leave, but not a big deal.

duncan_idaho
05-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Missouri QB arrested for leaving scene of accident

Read more here: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2649#storylink=cpy

This isn't good :rolleyes:

If he had been drinking at the time of the accident, I'd argue it was the right move.

Meh, either way. It's his first incident and is a fairly minor one. He will get punished in practice/the weight room and probably be "grounded" for a few weeks by the coaching staff, but as long as he doesn't get in more trouble, no big deal.

Holt had a lot of other problems behind the scenes, thus he was booted. Last straw and all that...

Mr_Tomahawk
05-16-2012, 09:48 PM

looking west...

looking east...

Those are old.

DJ's left nut
05-29-2012, 10:45 AM
So. Freakin'. Cool.

https://p.twimg.com/AuEvE1QCMAAWX8H.jpg:large

Codered
05-29-2012, 10:46 AM
The field looks amazing.

|Zach|
05-29-2012, 02:56 PM
So. Freakin'. Cool.

https://p.twimg.com/AuEvE1QCMAAWX8H.jpg:large

Fuck yea!

beer bacon
05-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Mizzou picked up a commitment from 6'4 235 Texas DE Marcus Loud tonight. He flew under the recruiting website's radars, but he has offers from Colorado, ISU, Michigan State, Mississippi State, TCU, Texas Tech, and Wake Forest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Marcus-Loud-141214

Pitt Gorilla
05-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Trent Hosick is on ESPN's Elite Eleven watch list.

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/football/post/_/id/5750/elite-11-watch-missouri-qb-trent-hosick

Throughout this offseason, we’ve spotlighted Class of 2013 quarterbacks who have a shot at making the Elite 11 finals in July. This week, we profile Staley (Kansas City, Mo.) junior Trent Hosick, who will compete in the Las Vegas Elite 11 regional on June 16.

Since transferring from Ozark (Mo.) after his freshman year, Trent Hosick has adjusted nicely at Staley (Kansas City, Mo.). After sitting out a year, he excelled in his first season under center this past year, maintained a high GPA and even made waves on YouTube by creating a video on how to "Heisman" with teammate Morgan Steward. But there is one thing the junior quarterback has not grown accustomed to since becoming a Falcon — losing.

In the fall, Hosick totaled 2,403 yards and 31 touchdowns on the ground while throwing for 1,422 yards and 10 touchdowns to lead Staley to a 14-0 record and the Class 5 championship, a first for the football program. Then in the winter, the 225-pound Hosick went 29-0 en route to the Class 3 heavyweight wrestling title, besting competitors who were sometimes 70 pounds bigger than him.

With his past success driving his thirst for more, Hosick will join some of the nation's top gunslingers for the final Elite 11 regional on June 16 in Las Vegas. Rated the nation's No. 23 pocket passer by ESPN, Hosick took time out to talk about his victorious junior campaign, commitment to Missouri and intense competitive drive.

ESPNHS: After going undefeated and winning a state title in football, what was it like doing the same thing in wrestling?

Hosick: I've been wrestling for 13 years and since I'm graduating early next year, I won't be around to wrestle as a senior, so what's not to love about what happened? It was a great conclusion to my wrestling career and made me even more competitive. It's definitely made me a better football player, too. It's taught me discipline and helped take my training to another level because no one works harder than wrestlers. That's the hardest type of training there is. I think what gives me an edge is the way I train, so there's no doubt that wrestling has helped me out in football, too.

ESPNHS: How hard was it wrestling guys who were sometimes 70 pounds bigger than you?

Hosick: I tried to put weight on during the season, but it's hard when you're wrestling because you have four-hour practices almost every day. I ended up wrestling state at 218 and most of the year I was weighing 212.

ESPNHS: After leading a run-first offense last season, what are you looking to show at the Elite 11 regional next month?

Hosick: At this point, I'm already committed to Missouri, so I'm not into impressing recruiters. Number one, I love competition, so winning is very important to me. What I hope to show at the camp is that I am one of the best throwing quarterbacks in the country. I have confidence in that. Our offense doesn't always showcase that, and that's fine because we won a state title, which is most important. But whatever doubts people had about me throwing, I plan on changing them and making them say "Wow, this kid is a great thrower."

ESPNHS: What would it mean to get an invitation to the Elite 11?

Hosick: I'd of course be really excited to be a part of the Elite 11, but at the same time I feel like I belong. There will be a lot of phenomenal players out there and I feel confident that I can throw with the best guys in the country. I'd be honored if the coaches thought that as well and invited me to the competition.

ESPNHS: What made you commit to Missouri as a junior?

Hosick: The number one thing to me in looking for a school was finding a place where the coaching staff, particularly the coach I would spend the most time around, were people I could consider a friend and who were winners. That's the type of relationship I have with [Staley] coach [Fred] Bouchard now. I don't want it to be a serious business relationship. I really love [Missouri assistant] coach [David] Yost and that's the biggest thing I found at Missouri, guys I can go to work with and consider family. The other thing was I wanted to go to a place where they were good but not quite national champions like Alabama or LSU. I wanted to be at a school that was just on the cusp of becoming the best team in the country and I want to be that piece that helps put them over the top. Plus, the guys they are bringing in and the move to the SEC make it even better. If I had waited eight more months, I still would've made the same decision to go to Missouri.

ESPNHS: One of those guys coming in next season is Dorial Green-Beckham. What would it be like to potentially be throwing to a player like him?

Hosick: It's very exciting. Dorial is an extremely rare high school football player and is going to be a great college player. At the same time, he will be a teammate and I hope he's willing to go to work because we have work to do as a team. I think we can do something special together. I know Dorial a little bit and I'm also very excited to play with Morgan Steward again, who is one of my best friends.

ESPNHS: What have you been working on in anticipation for your senior year and the next level?

Hosick: I watch my own video and critique myself and there are a few things I'm changing about my game. I'm working on my timing and trying to grow in making my reads quicker. I want to look off safeties better and be able to zip the ball in there. I'm also working on my "two throw," which is when you throw over the linebacker and in front of the safeties. My pocket presence is another thing, where I don't feel like I have to rush too soon. I can make plays with my feet if I need to, but the area I need to grow in most is taking a step up in the pocket and throwing with confidence even if there's a guy coming for me.

ESPNHS: With all the winning you've done, how much more pressure does that create for you to succeed as a senior?

Hosick: It does raise the bar and we have a very high standard for our team this coming year. I was a little worried at first about coming out again after such a wonderful season and having that same passion. But it didn't take long for it to come back and for me to start getting excited again. And we're going to do it again. Our first game is against Lee's Summit West and I'm confident we can push our team as hard as we can and win the championship again.

ESPNHS: At this point, do you even remember what it's like to lose in sports?

Hosick: I remember it enough not to want to do it again [laughs]. I don't like losing. It's the same thing that pushes me in academics, too. If I get a B, there's an A to be had in the class and if I got a B, then I know someone did better than me. I don't know why the Lord made me this way, but I just don't like losing in anything. And I won't do anything unless I know I will win at it. A lot of my friends like to challenge me in HORSE because they know I'm a cruddy shooter. So even though I like shooting hoops, I won't do it sometimes because I don't like losing. It sounds crazy, I know. But that's just the way I am.

Trent Hosick
School: Staley (Kansas City, Mo.)
Position: QB
Class: 2013
2011 Team Record: 14-0 (Class 5 state champ; No. 1 in Missouri POWERADE state rankings)

2011 Stats
Passing Yards: 2,403
TDs: 31
Rushing Yards: 1,422
TDs: 10

Brandon Parker covers high school sports for ESPNHS. Follow him on Twitter @brandoncparker or email him at brandon.c.parker@espn.com

Pitt Gorilla
05-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Nice Morgan Steward video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2rSaaQibIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla
06-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Nice piece by Matter on MU/SEC.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2012/jun/04/emptying-the-destin-notebook/

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Good times ahead in Columbia.

Saul Good
06-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I wonder if it would be practical to cover the field when not in use to keep it from fading.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I wonder if it would be practical to cover the field when not in use to keep it from fading.

Fading?

Pitt Gorilla
06-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Three future Tigers on the US U19 National Team.

U.S. Under-19 National Team roster:

Name Ht. Wt. Pos. Hometown High school College
Chase Abbington 6-4 210 LB St. Peters, Mo. Fort Zumwalt South Missouri-*
Alec Abeln 6-4 275 OL St. Louis, Mo. St. Louis University H.S. Missouri-*
Rodney Adams 6-1 170 WR St. Petersburg, Fla. Lakewood Florida-*
Eric Beisel 6-4 235 LB Fenton, Mo. Rockwood Summit Undecided
Bobby Billingsley 6-2 273 OL Memphis, Tenn. Memphis East Undecided
Hunter Bivin 6-7 288 OL Owensboro, Ky. Apollo Notre Dame-*
Austin Bland 6-3 275 OL Weston, Fla. St. Thomas Aquinas Undecided
Reggie Chevis 6-2 238 LB Houston, Texas Sharpstown Undecided
Phil Clay 6-3 275 OL Plainfield, Ind. Plainfield Undecided
Kight Dallas 6-2 220 DE-LB Lithonia, Ga. Arabia Mountain South Carolina-*
Samuel Douglas 6-2 180 LB Arlington, Texas Arlington TCU-*
Dajuan Drennon 6-3 230 DE Clementon, N.J. Timber Creek Undecided
Tarean Folston 5-9 185 RB Rockledge, Fla. Cocoa Undecided
Trent Hosick 6-2 223 QB Kansas City, Mo. Staley Missouri-*
Conor Hundley 5-9 185 RB Cincinnati St. Xavier Akron
Dakota Jackson 6-3 250 TE Roanoke, Va. Northside Virginia Tech
Cory Jasudowich 6-2 235 LB North Branford, Conn. Cheshire Undecided
Rashad Kinlaw 6-2 180 WR Galloway, N.J. Absegami Notre Dame-*
Robert Kurzu 6-4 305 OL St. Louis, Mo. MICDS Oklahoma St.-*
Isaac McDonald 6-5 210 LB Hialeah, Fla. Champagnat Catholic Clemson-*
Herbert Moore 6-1 335 DT Memphis, Tenn. Memphis East Undecided
Darrius Mosley 5-11 175 DB O’Fallon, Ill. O’Fallon Undecided
Dashon Panetta-Hunt 5-10 175 DB Simi Valley, Calif. Westlake UCLA-*
Ethan Pocic 6-7 285 OL Lemont, Ill. Lemont Undecided
Malik Rucker 6-0 175 DB Minneapolis, Minn. Robbinsdale Cooper Undecided
Brayden Scott 6-3 200 QB Tulsa, Okla. Tahlequah-Sequoyah Undecided
Darrius Sims 5-10 170 DB Southaven, Miss. Whitehaven Undecided
Reggie Spearman 6-2 210 LB Burnham, Ill. Simeon Undecided
Durham Smythe 6-6 230 TE Belton, Texas Belton Texas-*
Logan Tuley-Tillman 6-7 321 OL Peoria, Ill. Manual Michigan-*
Cameron Vanwinkle 5-11 165 K-P Fall City, Wash. Mount Si Undecided
Cameron Walker 5-10 180 DB Los Angeles, Calif. Loyola Undecided
Tyler Willis 5-11 190 DB Indianapolis, Ind. Cathedral Indianapolis
Jesus Wilson 5-10 170 WR Homestead, Fla. Christopher Columbus Undecided
Lorenzo Woodley 6-0 210 RB Miami, Fla. Christopher Columbus Undecided
Desmond Wyatt 5-11 170 WR Austin, Texas Westwood Undecided
*-Verbal commitment

Al Bundy
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I'll be at that September 29th game at Brighthouse Networks stadium. MU is going down.

Saul Good
06-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Fading?

From the sun; look how faded the old one got.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-05-2012, 08:17 PM
From the sun; look how faded the old one got.

Today's synthetic turf is usually coated with a UV inhibitor prior to installation.

You might notice fading after 5 years...but probably not. Most companies offer warranties (5+ years) that cover fading.

Vandalism is more of a problem than fading...and 300 lbs linemen.

Bambi
06-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Today's synthetic turf is usually coated with a UV inhibitor prior to installation.

You might notice fading after 5 years...but probably not. Most companies offer warranties (5+ years) that cover fading.

Vandalism is more of a problem than fading...and 300 lbs linemen.

This is true. A professionally installed field shouldn't fade

http://www.fieldturf.com/images/sized/images/installs/Kansas_University_Football-420x281.jpg

Saul Good
06-05-2012, 10:09 PM

http://www.fieldturf.com/images/sized/images/installs/Kansas_University_Football-420x281.jpg

Google shows me that your pic existed at least as far back as August of 2010, and the turf was installed in 2009. You are terrible at everything.

Bambi
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Google shows me that your pic existed at least as far back as August of 2010, and the turf was installed in 2009. You are terrible at everything.

August of 2011

http://www.flickr.com/photos/proforged/5587035657/in/photostream/

Like I said. If its installed to a professional level it should be fine.

Saul Good
06-05-2012, 10:18 PM
August of 2011

http://www.flickr.com/photos/proforged/5587035657/in/photostream/

Like I said. If its installed to a professional level it should be fine.

What does installation have to do with whether or not something fades in sunlight?

Pitt Gorilla
06-05-2012, 10:45 PM

http://www.fieldturf.com/images/sized/images/installs/Kansas_University_Football-420x281.jpgHey, since you're hanging out in this thread, why weren't any KU recruits selected for the National Team?

DaKCMan AP
06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Mizzou... get to work:

Rivals 2013 Team Recruiting Rankings

1. Michigan
2. Georgia
3. Alabama
4. Texas
5. Florida
6. LSU
7. Texas A&M
8. ohio state
9. Notre Dame
10. Auburn
11. USC
12. Penn State
13. South Carolina
14. Florida State
15. Oklahoma
16. Missouri
17. Mississippi
18. Virginia Tech
19. Nebraska
20. Illinois
21. Virginia
22. Vanderbilt
23. North Carolina
24. Tennessee
25. Louisville

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

eazyb81
06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Mizzou... get to work:

1. Michigan
2. Georgia
3. Alabama
4. Texas
5. Florida
6. LSU
7. Texas A&M
8. ohio state
9. Notre Dame
10. Auburn
11. USC
12. Penn State
13. South Carolina
14. Florida State
15. Oklahoma
16. Missouri
17. Mississippi
18. Virginia Tech
19. Nebraska
20. Illinois
21. Virginia
22. Vanderbilt
23. North Carolina
24. Tennessee
25. Louisville

I don't think it's realistic to expect much better than where we're at.

The schools ahead of us are located in talent-rich states and/or are football blue bloods. I would be thrilled if we finished in the mid top 25 in terms of recruiting year in and year out.

Frazod
06-06-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm amazed Pedd State is still so high on the list. After everything that's happened there you'd think recruiting would go straight in the shitter.

Chocolate Hog
06-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Mizzou... get to work:

1. Michigan
2. Georgia
3. Alabama
4. Texas
5. Florida
6. LSU
7. Texas A&M
8. ohio state
9. Notre Dame
10. Auburn
11. USC
12. Penn State
13. South Carolina
14. Florida State
15. Oklahoma
16. Missouri
17. Mississippi
18. Virginia Tech
19. Nebraska
20. Illinois
21. Virginia
22. Vanderbilt
23. North Carolina
24. Tennessee
25. Louisville

People don't realize how beastly Michigan will be for years.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

DaKCMan AP
06-06-2012, 11:42 AM

Michigan's class is Awesome. Hoke is going to destroy urban meyer.

duncan_idaho
06-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Braden Smith (2014 OL - Olathe South) - visited Columbia today.

He's going to be a huge national level recruit - similar to DGB, he'll be able to go anywhere in the country (though I don't know if he'll have Lane Kiffin BEGGING him to not cut them like DGB did).

Just an athletic monster. Kid has KU legacy in his background, but they don't seem to be a consideration.

tredadda
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Michigan's class is Awesome. Hoke is going to destroy urban meyer.

Looking at you teams in your sig they are all Florida teams except for the Chiefs. How did that happen? How come you are not a Jags, Bucs, or Dolphins fan?

OmahaChief
06-12-2012, 07:32 AM

People have said the same thing about Texas and their loaded classes yet they have not been much lately. Those kids have to learn to play together and they also have to pan out. Plenty of them will fail.

KcMizzou
06-14-2012, 05:40 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img876/6720/hc8ln.jpg

ChiefsOne
06-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Very cool!

|Zach|
06-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Fuck yea.

Chocolate Hog
06-14-2012, 08:57 PM
People have said the same thing about Texas and their loaded classes yet they have not been much lately. Those kids have to learn to play together and they also have to pan out. Plenty of them will fail.

Hoke is a way better coach who won a bcs game in his first year.

KcMizzou
06-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Very cool!I wish I could find it in the right size for a desktop wallpaper.

DaKCMan AP
06-15-2012, 05:28 AM
Looking at you teams in your sig they are all Florida teams except for the Chiefs. How did that happen? How come you are not a Jags, Bucs, or Dolphins fan?

When I was 5 I was visiting family in KC and went to my first football game at Arrowhead Stadium: Chiefs/Raiders. It was over then and there.

DaKCMan AP
06-15-2012, 05:30 AM
Coach Champ has fully installed the Texas philosophy/strategy in recruiting.

Fort Myers Dunbar 2014 wide receiver Ryeshene Bronson decided during his unofficial visit to Florida on Wednesday night that he was going to commit to the Gators.

But first, Bronson had to check with his mom.

He gave her a call from Gainesville, received her blessing and then let Florida head coach Will Muschamp know Thursday afternoon that the Gators had their first Class of 2014 commitment.

“His eyes got really, really big,” Bronson recalled. “He said he wasn’t going to be able to sleep that night and got a real big smile on his face.”

Muschamp’s excitement is understandable.

The Gators are getting a dynamic receiver with excellent size (6-3, 195) and a gaudy offer sheet.

“They said they don’t have a guy like me,” Bronson said. “They want to come back up in fall and see how it is. I told them when I get up there, I’m going to give them something that they’ve never seen before.”

Ranked four stars by 247Sports.com, Bronson holds scholarship offers from Auburn, South Carolina, North Carolina and UMass.

OmahaChief
06-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Hoke is a way better coach who won a bcs game in his first year.

Brown has won a NC so it is not like he is some terrible coach. Hoke took over a fairly talented team that was anchored by seniors and juniors from the 10th and 8th ranked recruting classes then supplemented with classes ranked 20 and 21.

He was also able to get to a BSC bowl in his first year in part becuase OSU was way down and the only other ranked teams he played were an MSU and NU. He had a easier road to a BCS game than just about anyone else in the Big 10.

I think Hoke will be a good coach there but when you bring in a class like he has for this next year it can get difficult dealing with all the entitlement these kids feel.

tredadda
06-15-2012, 10:32 AM
When I was 5 I was visiting family in KC and went to my first football game at Arrowhead Stadium: Chiefs/Raiders. It was over then and there.

Oh ok. Fair enough.

Pitt Gorilla
06-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Trent Hosick bit from Vegas Elite 11

http://247sports.com/Article/Christian-Hackenberg-leads-Las-Vegas-Elite-11-prospects-77556

Best of Vegas Elite 11

LAS VEGAS- The final Elite 11 Regional tryout is in the books, so now it’s time for the coaching staff to decide which players will ultimately participate in the finals in Redondo Beach, Calif. in July.

Here’s a look at our top prospects from Saturday’s event, which was held on the campus of UNLV.

1-Christian Hackenberg, Fork Union (Va.) Military Academy

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound Penn State commit was everything that we thought he would be in this setting and then some. His size impressed right off the bat as well as his arm strength and quick release. We’ve always like the fact, too, that Hackenberg, though one of the best quarterback prospects in the country, still can develop and get even better (the coaching staff was working with him on balance in his throwing stance). Following the event, he was invited to “The Opening.” Expect him to rise in the next round of 247Sports rankings updates for 2013.

2- Troy Williams, Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne

Williams always impresses in this setting and Saturday was no different. He has a quick release, good arm strength and is for the most part accurate. He’s shown up at events such as this one and 7-on-7s and more than held his own over the years and Saturday was no exception. Currently committed to Washington, he was excited about the news Saturday that four-star receiver Darrell Daniels pulled the trigger on a commitment to the Huskies while in Seattle. “He told me he was going up there and he could commit,” Williams said. “We want to try to have the most talented team in the Pac-12, so getting players like (Daniels) to commit is very big.”

3-Davis Webb, Prosper (Texas)

The 6-foot-4 Webb is committed to Texas Tech and it’s clear when you watch him sling it that he’s a good fit in that style of offense (sling it around the yard) because of his live arm and quick release. Particularly on slant patterns, Webb was especially effective. He has a bright future in Lubbock if he continues to develop.

4- Shane Cockerille, Baltimore (Md.) Gillman

Alabama commit Parker McLeod did not have his best day in terms of overall accuracy, but his quick release and arm strength were evident.

Cockerille has impressed in this setting on multiple occasions this spring and Saturday was no different. The lefty has excellent size, a big arm and above average footwork. The Maryland commit was happy that the Terps recently picked up commitments from two of the top D.C.-area prospects in this class- four-star offensive tackle Derwin Gray and linebacker Yannick Ngakoue. “I sort of wanted to get things started being the quarterback and one of the first to jump in and all,” Cockerille said. “It’s very nice to get those guys on board as part of this class.”

5- Brandon Dawkins, Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian (2014)

Dawkins does not look pretty throwing the ball in terms of throwing motion, but the ball comes out of his hands exceptionally well, he can throw an accurate deep ball with excellent velocity and he’s accurate for the most part- so throwing motion aside, the 2014 four-star has the makings of a big-time player. Notre Dame has already offered Dawkins, who threw for more than 3,000 yards and was the sophomore Player of the Year in California last season.

6- Zack Greenlee, Stockton (Calif.) Lincoln

Greenlee showed a live arm, quick release and excellent footwork during the drills Saturday morning. He’s accurate, has excellent velocity on his passes and was generally impressive in all phases, which is a big reason why he won MVP and was invited to the finals. BYU, Fresno State, Oregon State and Washington State are among the schools that are showing interest, but he still is waiting on his first offer.

7- Parker McLeod, Marietta (Ga.) Walton

Arm strength and a quick release stand out about McLeod when you watch him throw. Today, he was not as accurate as he was at Alabama’s prospect camp when he earned an offer and subsequently committed, but he still was generally accurate. On film, he shows a headiness and comfort level with the game that combined with his ability to get the ball out quickly, gives him the upside to compete at a BCS conference program.

8- Danny Etling, Terre Haute (Ind.) South Vigo

Purdue is getting a good quarterback prospect in Etling, who has a nice arm and excellent size. During the early portion of the camp in individual drills, he displayed good footwork and made some good passes rolling out. Etling currently is the nation’s No. 43 pro-style quarterback prospect according to 247Sports and could rise a bit in those rankings in the near future.

9- Brandon Cox, Pasadena (Calif.)

This setting isn’t where Cox, who is considered both a quarterback prospect and a versatile athlete prospect that could play a number of different positions in high school, necessarily can show you what he is all about. With that, we were impressed with the zip he put on his passes, his general footwork and the competitiveness with which he approached the drills. Arizona, Iowa State and New Mexico State currently are his three scholarship offers.

10- Trent Hosick, Kansas City (Mo.) Staley

Hosick is another prospect who you have to really judge in pads, live to get a true picture of what he can do with both his arm and his feet. Regardless, he threw the ball around well Saturday morning and we believe the Missouri commit is an excellent fit for what the Tigers like to do on offense.

|Zach|
06-19-2012, 10:38 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/19380435

CHICAGO -- One proposal being considered by the commissioners on dividing the estimated $400 million in media rights revenue is by using past performance, specifically the past BCS Top 25 final standings.

Even though these standings are released after the conference championship games and do not include results of the bowl games, they are one way at looking at a conference's overall strength -- or lack of strength.

Where the commissioners' proposal gets tricky is they are using the projected conference memberships in 2014, so if a school was in the final rankings in 2009, but will be in a difference conference in 2014, that school's new home gets credit for its success.

In my column Monday, I broke down the conferences based on the final Top 25 BCS rankings since 1998, compiling the results of the past 14 years. However, let's narrow our focus to the past five years and the results are a lot different.

Here are the cumulative points per conference (based on 2014 membership) compiled by CBSSports.com for the Top 25 final BCS rankings for the past five years since 2007. First place finish worth 25 points down to one point for 25th place finish.

1. SEC 407 points
2. Big 12 361 points
3. Big Ten 259 points
4. Pac-12 224 points
5. ACC 184 points
6. Big East 130 points
7. BYU 31 points
8. MWC 30 points
9. C-USA 5 points
10. MAC 4 points
11 (tie). Notre Dame, WAC and Sun Belt 0 points

Breaking it down by school reveals some surprises among the nation's elite.

Here are the top 25 teams (based on 2014 membership) compiled by CBSSports.com for the Top 25 final BCS rankings for the past five years since 2007. First place finish worth 25 points down to one point for 25th place finish.

1. Alabama 81 (SEC)
2. Ohio State 79 (Big Ten)
3. LSU 78 (SEC)
(tie). Oklahoma 78 (Big 12)
5. Boise State 74 (Big East)
6. Oregon 73 (Pac-12)
(tie). Virginia Tech 73 (ACC)
8. TCU 68 (Big 12)
9. Florida 59 (SEC)
10. Texas 56 (Big 12)

11. Oklahoma State 55 (Big 12)
12. Stanford 49 (Pac-12)
13. Wisconsin 46 (Big Ten)
14. Georgia 42 (SEC)
(tie). USC 42 (Pac-12)
16. Cincinnati 41 (Big East)
17. Georgia Tech 39 (ACC)
(tie). Missouri 39 (SEC)
19. Arkansas 38 (SEC)
20. Penn State 35 (Big Ten)

(tie). West Virginia 35 (Big 12)
22. Michigan State 34 (Big Ten)
23. BYU 31 (Independent)
24. Utah 31 (Pac-12)
25. Auburn 29 (SEC)

Here is the conference breakdown for the Top 25 BCS rankings since 2007 (listed by 2014 conference membership). First place finish worth 25 points down to one point for 25th place finish.

SEC (407 points)
1. Alabama 81; 3. LSU 78; 9. Florida 59; 14. Georgia 42; 17. Missouri 39; 19. Arkansas 38; 25. Auburn 29; 26. South Carolina 24; 41. Tennessee 10; 45. Mississippi State 6; 54. Ole Miss 1.

No surprise the SEC is No. 1 the past five years with 11 of 14 teams with Top 25 finishes. The only three SEC teams without a Top 25 BCS finish since 2007: Kentucky, Vanderbilt and -- yes -- newcomer Texas A&M.

Big 12 (361 points)
3. Oklahoma 78; 8. TCU 68; 10. Texas 56; 11. Oklahoma State 55; 20. West Virginia 35; 28. Texas Tech 19; 31. Kansas 18; 31. Kansas 18; 36. Baylor 14.

Iowa State is the only league member without a Top 25 BCS finish since 2007. TCU and West Virginia made big impacts in easier conferences, but can they duplicate that success in the Big 12? We'll find out starting this fall.

Big Ten (259 points)
2. Ohio State 79; 13. Wisconsin 46; 20. Penn State 35; 22. Michigan State 34; 28. Nebraska 19; 33. Iowa 17; 38. Illinois 13; 38. Michigan 13; 52. Northwestern 3.

Minnesota, Indiana and Purdue are the only Big Ten teams that have not had a Top 25 BCS finish. If not for Ohio State's poor showing in 2012, the Buckeyes would have easily been the nation's highest overall ranked team in the past five seasons.

Pac-12 (224 points)
6. Oregon 73; 12. Stanford 49; 14. USC 42; 24. Utah 31; 34. Arizona State 15; 44. Oregon State 8; 45. Arizona 6.

Utah is ranked fourth among the Pac-12 teams, earning all its points in the Mountain West. Probation has kept USC from being a top 10 overall ranked team, while the Pac-12 has had seven of its 12 members ranked in the final BCS rankings since 2007.

ACC (184 points)
6. Virginia Tech 73; 17. Georgia Tech 39; 27. Clemson 22; 33. Pittsburgh 15; 36. Boston College 14; 40. Miami 11; 45. Virginia 6; 50. Florida State 4.

Virginia Tech is one of only two teams to finish in the final Top 25 BCS rankings in each of the past five years. Yes, the ACC has struggled in the BCS bowls, but don't blame Florida State: the Seminoles can't win enough games to make a BCS bowl. FSU has one 22nd place finish in the final BCS rankings in the past five years.

Big East (130 points)
5. Boise State 74; 16. Cincinnati 41; 44. Houston 7; 48. South Florida 5; 53. UCF 2; 54. UConn 1.

Boise State is the only other team to finish in the final Top 25 BCS rankings in each of the past five years. How desperately does the Big East need Boise? The Broncos have more points in the past five years than the entire remaining Big East membership combined.

Independents (31 points)
23. BYU 31.

Even though BYU hasn't been ranked in the final Top 25 BCS rankings the past two seasons, BYU still cracked the overall Top 25. All of the other independents -- mighty Notre Dame, Navy and Army -- have not finished in the final Top 25 BCS rankings in the past five years. The Irish was last ranked in the 2006 final poll at No. 11

Mountain West (30 points)
28. Hawaii 19; 40. Nevada 11.

Conference realignment has completed gutted the Mountain West, which was the former home of Top 25 teams TCU, Utah, BYU and Boise State. The Broncos stay around for one more year before leaving for the Big East in 2013.

Conference USA (5 points)
48. Southern Miss 5.

Southern Miss is one of only three C-USA teams with a final Top 25 BCS ranking. However, the other two -- Houston and UCF -- join the Big East in 2013.

MAC (4 points)
50. Ball State 4.

Ball State earned the MAC's only final Top 25 BCS ranking in 2008, finishing 22nd. That's good enough to rank 50th nationally during the past five years and tie the Cardinals with Florida State.

Pitt Gorilla
06-22-2012, 09:27 PM
http://www.bigdog979.com/pages/13524133.php?contentType=4&contentId=10899602

MIZZOU ATHLETES IN JOPLIN TODAY

The University of Missouri is back in Joplin today, working to help rebuilding efforts in the wake of last year's deadly tornado. 40 Mizzou players and coaches, including starting Quarterback James Franklin, are working at four locations within the disaster zone today as part of the Habitat for Humanity's "Governor's Joplin Challenge". This is the third team workday in Joplin for the Tigers this year.

eazyb81
06-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Power Mizzou reporting that a major private donation will be announced tomorrow, which is also the same day the Board of Curators is expected to review/vote on the stadium expansion plans.

Saul Good
06-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Power Mizzou reporting that a major private donation will be announced tomorrow, which is also the same day the Board of Curators is expected to review/vote on the stadium expansion plans.

I'm a little surprised it wasn't announced on July 1st to coincide with our move to the SEC.

eazyb81
06-25-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm a little surprised it wasn't announced on July 1st to coincide with our move to the SEC.

They probably figured there would be enough excitement and attention already on that day.

If I were donating tens of millions, I would want my own damn day.

duncan_idaho
06-26-2012, 09:16 AM

One of my little birds tells me the donation will be from a KC source.

Where you at, St.L?

|Zach|
06-26-2012, 09:32 AM

I am sorta done with all this ceremonial transition bullshit. Lets stop jacking eachother off and get to the sports.

DJ's left nut
06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Press conference feed:

http://www.mutigers.com/allaccess/?media=321892

Running a little late due to curators meeting.

TrebMaxx
06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Press conference feed:

http://www.mutigers.com/allaccess/?media=321892

Running a little late due to curators meeting.

Estimate is now for 5:00 p.m.

eazyb81
06-26-2012, 03:46 PM
$100 million total cost for phase one, including a new indoor practice facility.

duncan_idaho
06-26-2012, 04:07 PM
$30 million. Boom. From the KC Sports Trust. Double boom.

DJ's left nut
06-26-2012, 04:17 PM
It's a Kansas city.

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2012, 05:44 PM
ESPN article on Mizzou Football recruits:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8097156/missouri-focusing-state-recruits-prepares-sec-move

Missouri focused on local prospects
By Damon Sayles
ESPN RecruitingNation

ST. LOUIS -- At a recent Missouri football camp, 2013 offensive linemen Harneet Gill (St. Charles, Mo./Francis Howell) and Alec Abeln (St. Louis/University) and 2014 offensive tackle Andy Bauer (St. Louis/De Smet) held an impromptu meeting of the minds. The conversation rotated from football to music to where lunch would be that day.

Minutes later, athletes Chase Abbington (St. Peters, Mo./Fort Zumwalt South) and Aarion Penton (St. Louis/Christian Brothers College) joined the conversation. To the average spectator, it looked like five high school athletes simply holding guy talk. To the staunch Missouri fan, it was the future of SEC football and the ultimate sign of Show Me State unification.

All five players -- all hailing from greater St. Louis -- have verbally committed to play for Missouri. Of Missouri's 14 commits -- 13 in the 2013 class and Bauer -- the first nine were from the home state. Six of the 14 are from the St. Louis metropolitan area. In comparison, only five of the Tigers' 20 recruits from the 2012 class were from Missouri.

In preparing for their first year of play in the SEC, the Tigers are sending a direct message early. Take care of home. Make a statement with the athletes down the street. Win with local players and attract more of the local fans. Most importantly, silence the critics with the hometown heroes.

"Over the past years, I've seen Mizzou try to get recruits from Texas and other states," Penton said. "I think it's good they're looking at the athletes in Missouri and trying to keep them in Missouri. A lot of people don't know about us. A lot of us have the heart and love to compete, and I think the SEC will be surprised when they see us."

Philosophy: Know your players

Missouri offensive coordinator and recruiting coordinator David Yost said the staff has done its part in recruiting the best athletes available. From an in-state perspective, the St. Louis and Kansas City areas traditionally have been the strongest. With six 2013 commits from St. Louis and four from the Kansas City metropolitan area, that tradition holds true.

Yost said the staff's recruiting philosophy for in-state players involves knowing them better than any other staff, and having that connection is key to recruiting coast to coast. Had the Tigers not had that kind of connection, they may not have signed the nation's top-ranked receiver in the 2012 class in Dorial Green-Beckham (Springfield, Mo./Hillcrest).

"If Dorial Green-Beckham lives in California, we're probably not in the hunt for him," Yost said. "Since he was in Missouri, we always felt we had a shot for him. We know we're not going be able to sign whole classes from Missouri, and we've never had 25 kids from Missouri, but if we can get half the class from the state and have talented players, we feel can put together a great class."

So far, Missouri's 2013 class has done that. Of the 13 commitments, 11 are three-star athletes or better. The Tigers' highest-ranked prospects -- Missouri residents Abbington, running back Anthony Sherrils (Kansas City, Mo./Hogan Prep) and linebacker Nick Ramirez (Lee's Summit, Mo./Lee's Summit West) -- are four-star players.

The 2012 class had four players who were considered four-star or better. Green-Beckham was a five-star receiver. Four-star Evan Boehm (Lee's Summit, Mo./Lee's Summit West) was the nation's No. 2 offensive guard. Fellow four-star Donavin Newsom (St. Louis/Parkway North) was the No. 12 inside linebacker.

"Because we're the only Division I school in state," Yost said, "we want to be the first ones to make an evaluation about them. We're the home school, and we've got to make a decision first."

The extended family

Abeln and Gill both said the camaraderie already established with in-state players was a primary reason why they committed to Missouri. They are two players who have known each other since elementary school.

"We all played little league football here," Gill said. "Knowing we all grew up in the same type of atmosphere and that we're all going into this together is pretty cool. We've built a family here."

"When you walk on campus," Abeln added, "you see kids you played in high school with. You see kids you played against. It's cool to be able to play with guys you remember from grade school, and it's cool to say you'll be teammates with them in the SEC."

Most of the players have seen their future college teammates either on the football field or in other sports, such as track and field, basketball and wrestling. With the help of YouTube and Hudl, the 2013 commits are going into their senior seasons of high school excited about their fellow commits.

Abbington said he's seen nearly all the commits, and nobody has disappointed.

"Every play with Nick Ramirez is a knockout," he said. "Trent Hosick (Kansas City, Mo./Staley) may not be the tallest quarterback, but he wins games and gets the job done. Aarion Penton is a shutdown corner who plays hard and plays fast. All that, that's what you've got to have.

"When you look at all these guys, your expectations are set so high. We're going to play in the SEC, where the teams are bigger and better. We feel like we can play against the biggest and the best."

Penton said Missouri was an obvious choice for him. Along with the school being close to home and him knowing quite a few players, he actually was born on the campus.
Playing in the SEC happens to serve as a major bonus for all the players.

"I looked at the draft, and a lot of players from the SEC go to the league," Penton said. "If you go there and put in hard work, you can take it to the next level."

Said Bauer: "To compete in the SEC, that's a goal of ours. We're not looking to go .500 when we get there. We're looking to be the best, and you've got to recruit kids who have that mentality."

To be the best, you have to beat the best

Around this time next year, two things will be established. Missouri will have finished its first full SEC athletics season, and fans will have built a positive or negative vibe around the Tigers.

For Yost, it's all about building a brand. Being able to line up and compete with some of the nation's top athletes is the goal -- and it's a mission the team valiantly chooses to accept.

"We've played good football against some of the best SEC teams in the past," Yost said. "I think we can show a lot of people that we belong. In no way is that cocky, and we don't think we're going to go in and dominate a league like the SEC, but it's a challenge all the players and coaches are ready for.

"At Missouri, we have great football and great tradition. The guys are excited they get the chance to earn more respect in a great conference."

All eyes will be on the Tigers when the season starts Sept. 1 against Southeastern Louisiana, but premature judgment may be passed Sept. 8, when Missouri hosts Georgia in its first SEC matchup. The Tigers have Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee on their SEC schedule, as well as a Nov. 24 showdown in College Station, Texas, against Texas A&M.

Success against those teams will keep the naysayers silent. Blowout losses, however, could serve as proof of what the players are hearing -- the same chatter they're trying to squelch.

"A lot of the kids down South, they probably think us Missouri kids can't go," Gill said. "I just want to prove them wrong."

"Everybody's doubting us," Abbington added, "but a lot of people are hoping we do have a big season. With this upcoming season, it's going to tell a lot. The way we see it, everybody's beatable. I think we can establish something in the next couple of years. We've just got to work as a family and as one. That's what all the great teams do."

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Mizzou Facilities Master Plan:

http://www.mutigers.com/view.gal?id=121449

eazyb81
06-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Backed by $30 million gift, MU unveils master facility plan

By Dave Matter (http://www.columbiatribune.com/staff/dave-matter/)
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 (http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/jun/26/)

Five days before Missouri officially joins the Southeastern Conference, MU took its first steps in the league’s facility arms race.

After a brief presentation from Athletic Director Mike Alden, the UM System Board of Curators unanimously approved MU’s first phase for athletic upgrades, a bond-financed project totaling $72 million to renovate the east and west sides of Memorial Stadium, plus other smaller projects to other athletic facilities. The total projected costs for the master plan is $102 million.

The other $30 million will come from a donation by the Kansas City Sports Trust. MU did not disclose the identity of any individual boosters associated with the group. The same group donated $10 million to the MU athletic department for facility upgrades in 2004. The donation is the second largest in the school’s history and was described as the launching point of a comprehensive $200 million facility overhaul that MU hopes to complete within the next eight to 10 years, Alden said.

Alden described the day’s news as a making a “statement to the country, and not just to the SEC and the state of Missouri but to the country, that Mizzou is an institution that’s serious, completely serious, about stepping up in a big way.”

“It’s a proud moment when you can hold your head high and say, ‘We’re doing it right at Missouri,’ ” said Chancellor Brady Deaton during a news conference alongside UM President Tim Wolfe, Curator David Bradley and Alden.

MU unveiled the renovation plans with six artist renditions of Memorial Stadium (football), Taylor Stadium (baseball), University Field (softball) and revamped tennis and golf facilities. Among the additions will be a new indoor football practice facility planned for the area behind the Mizzou Athletic Training Complex and an additional weight room.

As part of the plans for Memorial Stadium, MU will add an upper bowl on the east side of the stadium with more than 5,000 general admission seats and a club level with more than 1,000 seats, along with restrooms, concessions, lounge spaces, kitchen, support and circulation spaces. The east-side addition will cost an estimated a $46.05 million, of which $45.44 million will come from revenue bonds and $500,000 from MU Campus Facilities Utility Reserves. MU recommended the architecture firm Populous Kansas City to handle the project for a basic service fee of $1,876,200. The same firm built the Mizzou Athletic Training Complex. The east-side addition is expected to be completed in July 2015.

MU also proposed a $9.75 million renovation of the press box on the west side of the stadium, all funded through revenue bonds. The project will relocate a portion of the press area to the upper deck with the creation of an enclosed, conditioned space. The vacated press areas will be converted to suites, while the current club and suite levels will receive updated finishes. For the west-side project, MU recommended 360 Architecture of Kansas City for a basic service fee of $543,975. The west-side construction is expected to be completed in August 2013.

Also for the 2013 season, MU will move the Rock M and berm on the north end of the stadium closer to the end zone to expand the north concourse for improved seating.

“What you’re seeing is a commitment to becoming a great team in a great league,” football Coach Gary Pinkel said. “And that means becoming a national team as we continue to build our programs.”

Missouri expects to finance the bulk of the $72 million project through increased revenue from the sales of additional premium seating on the existing west tower and the new east tower, plus an $8 ticket surcharge that will go toward debt relief. The project’s debt financing plan is based on a 30-year amortization at 5 percent.

Memorial Stadium’s current capacity is 71,004, which would rank 10th in the newly expanded 14-member Southeastern Conference, ahead of only Kentucky (67,942), Mississippi (60,580), Mississippi State (55,082) and Vanderbilt (39,790). Arkansas’ Razorback Stadium (76,000) would be next on the list to surpass.

Alden said he expects the first phase of renovations to push MU’s capacity past 75,000, and should MU continue to collect donations and expand capacity, the stadium could seat 80,000 sometime in the next decade.
Missouri and Texas A&M formally become the newest members of the SEC on Sunday, both leaving behind the Big 12.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/jun/26/backed-30-million-gift-mu-unveils-master-facility-/?tigerextra

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-27-2012, 07:14 AM
This is kansas City MISSOURI

Saul Good
06-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Besides the $30,000,000 donation coming from Kansas City and the fact that the design work is being done by Populous (formerly HOK) and 360 Architecture, this just shows that Kansas City is not a Mizzou town.

Saul Good
06-27-2012, 04:07 PM
According to ticket resale site seatgeek.com, the average secondary market price for a Mizzou football ticket in 2011 was $70. It is $171 for 2012.

eazyb81
07-02-2012, 06:43 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/20zut5h.jpg

Reaper16
07-02-2012, 09:56 AM

That's it. I'm no longer a Mizzou fan.

|Zach|
07-02-2012, 09:58 AM

That is fucking horrible.

bowener
07-02-2012, 11:56 AM

Yeah, pretty sure that wasn't made by Mizzou.
Funny though.

eazyb81
07-02-2012, 11:59 AM
That's it. I'm no longer a Mizzou fan.

Good, we don't need pussies like you weighing us down.

BourbonMan
07-02-2012, 12:00 PM

I was raised in MIZZOU for a better part of my life...But that Pic is F-ING TERRIBLE...That crap doesn't need to be anywhere on this board!!

In other news..
MU holds its first official event as a member of the SEC

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/02/3687132/mu-holds-its-first-official-event.html#storylink=cpy

Reaper16
07-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Good, we don't need pussies like you weighing us down.

Awww, did you make them? How precious.

They look good; what's wrong with them is content. I'm actually more angry at how bad a tagline "Northern Blood -- Southern Heart" is than I am about the invocation of the fucking Confederate flag.

DeezNutz
07-02-2012, 12:16 PM
80-Acre Hoppy Wheat out yet?

eazyb81
07-02-2012, 12:23 PM

They look good; what's wrong with them is content. I'm actually more angry at how bad a tagline "Northern Blood -- Southern Heart" is than I am about the invocation of the ****ing Confederate flag.

I have no idea how to do graphic shit. Found them on another MIzzou board. Will be sure to spread them everywhere now that I know you are butthurt about it.

Nothing wrong with the Confederate flag. Slavery was a very small part of the Civil War.

Reaper16
07-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I have no idea how to do graphic shit. Found them on another MIzzou board. Will be sure to spread them everywhere now that I know you are butthurt about it.

Nothing wrong with the Confederate flag. Slavery was a very small part of the Civil War.

Down South, we call it "The War of Northern Aggression." If you're going to overcompensate and feign love for the Confederacy at least get the nomenclature right.

eazyb81
07-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Down South, we call it "The War of Northern Aggression." If you're going to overcompensate and feign love for the Confederacy at least get the nomenclature right.

A. I've lived in the South longer than you.

B. I am not "feigning love" for the flag, but educating you on what it does not represent. Given that you are "down South", maybe you should spend some time learning about the Civil War and what it represented.

Again, there is nothing wrong with the Confederate flag.

Bowser
07-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Eh, looks like shit.

Reaper16
07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
A. I've lived in the South longer than you.

B. I am not "feigning love" for the flag, but educating you on what it does not represent. Given that you are "down South", maybe you should spend some time learning about the Civil War and what it represented.

Again, there is nothing wrong with the Confederate flag.

Yeah, and that white hood you're wearing doesn't represent what everyone else thinks it represents, either.

patteeu
07-02-2012, 03:21 PM

They look good; what's wrong with them is content. I'm actually more angry at how bad a tagline "Northern Blood -- Southern Heart" is than I am about the invocation of the ****ing Confederate flag.

Good point. Missouri was half northern blood / half southern blood at most.

Chocolate Hog
07-02-2012, 05:37 PM

LOL!

Reaper16
07-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Good point. Missouri was half northern blood / half southern blood at most.

I agree, and it goes way beyond that. "Northern Blood - Southern Heart" really blunts the super-complicated nuances of the state.

BourbonMan
07-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Backup MU quarterback to transfer
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/09/3697030/backup-mu-quarterback-to-transfer.html

DJ's left nut
07-09-2012, 02:34 PM
That's what happens when the program starts to improve.

When you're a guy like Glaser and you see Franklin, Berkstresser, Mauk and Hosick, not to mention MU's trend of getting another plus QB prospect every season, the writing is pretty clearly on the wall.

I wish him the best at SMS, he was just outgunned here.

qabbaan
07-09-2012, 02:45 PM
That rebel flag graphic is the worst thing I have ever seen. Creator should be suffocated with a KU t-shirt

BourbonMan
07-09-2012, 02:45 PM
That's what happens when the program starts to improve.

That's the truth!

ChiefsCountry
07-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Awesome we get more MU trash for our football team.

duncan_idaho
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
That rebel flag graphic is the worst thing I have ever seen. Creator should be suffocated with a KU t-shirt

He's already been smacked down by the Mizzou AD. The creator has been informed that the use of Mizzou's official logo (as well as the official SEC logo) in this unsanctioned manner is grounds for a lawsuit unless he reverses course. He already has.

Chiefs Country - Glaser could be a nice fit for you guys. Pretty good wheels, strong arm, hard worker. Just couldn't make decisions at the speed required of a D-1 QB.

Is Chris Earnhardt still playing down there?

Pitt Gorilla
07-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Awesome we get more MU trash for our football team.Knowing the kid pretty well, I can't believe you posted this. SMS getting a kid like Glaser can only improve their ability to compete in the Missouri Valley.

DJ's left nut
07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Glaser's a good kid and has been a great soldier. The guy was keeping a chair warm for someone else every year he was here (the new Jimmy Costello). He kept on plugging and in the end the numbers won out.

The guy has a hell of a lot more talent than most folks walking around and could probably start for a handful of D1 programs (lower tier ones). He'd immediately be one of the more talented QBs in the Missouri Valley, unless they're growing quarterbacks a hell of a lot better out that way than I ever imagined.

buddha
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Awesome we get more MU trash for our football team.

Seriously, one of the dumbest things you've ever written. :harumph:

ChiefsCountry
07-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Our MU transfers have sucked dick in Springfield. Keck, Temple's little bro, Earnhardt. All top recruits that have just sizzled. It's the Show Me State - till one of them pan out I'm still skeptical.

That being said I would love to steal one of your assitant coaches for our head job when we can that clown named Terry Allen. Andy Hill would be on the short list for sure. I think he would be a hell of a head coach.

|Zach|
07-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Glaser's a good kid and has been a great soldier. The guy was keeping a chair warm for someone else every year he was here (the new Jimmy Costello). He kept on plugging and in the end the numbers won out.

The guy has a hell of a lot more talent than most folks walking around and could probably start for a handful of D1 programs (lower tier ones). He'd immediately be one of the more talented QBs in the Missouri Valley, unless they're growing quarterbacks a hell of a lot better out that way than I ever imagined.

Yea it was cool to see how the player and school handled this separation. Wishing him the best and wishing the best for the Bears.

duncan_idaho
07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Some statistical analysis I just posted at PowerMizzou (those of you over there now know my identity). I broke this down after hearing yet another SEC fan talk about how "even Ole Miss" plays D in the SEC.

1) Missouri gave up 5.20 yards per play last year on defense, which would rank 9th out of 14 SEC team, 0.03 behind Arkansas and 0.23 behind Florida. The big separation comes after the top 4 - Bama (3.32), LSU (4.08), SCAR (4.17) and UGA (4.46).

2) The average SEC defense played 828 snaps in 2011 in right around 13 games (2 played 14, 7 played 13, 3 played 12 by my count).

3) Had Missouri faced the average number of snaps an SEC defense faced in
2011, it would have surrendered 4305 yards on the season, good enough to
rank 25th in total defense in the SEC. aTm's D would have ranked freaking 12th in total defense against the average number of snaps. Even if you split the difference in plays between the SEC average and what Mizzou actually faced, Missouri jumps from No. 61 in total defense to No. 41.

My point: I think this shows just how much the STYLE of play in the SEC helps the defense of the lesser teams. There's no disputing that Alabama and LSU had defenses in their own world last year, and that SCAR and Georgia were very, very good. But the rest of the league? Pretty meh and significantly helped by the style of the conference, which reduces the number of total plays run (and keeps total defense numbers low and impressive).

Counterpoint: Part of keeping the numbers of plays run by the opposing offense low is getting off the field on 3rd downs. This is something Missouri struggled with. But again, it's a chicken and egg thing. Great Ds improve 3rd
down defense. But poor QB play (which I would argue is what at least
Tennessee, Florida, Kentucky, Auburn, Miss. St, Ole Miss had)
helps, too. Likewise, facing accurate QBs who operate a spread/pass-heavy offense is a negative factor for 3rd down percentage defense (Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Baylor, aTm, Okie Lite, Arizona State).

duncan_idaho
07-10-2012, 02:57 PM
And some follow up, looking at what Mizzou's total D would have looked like if it faced the average number of rush attempts and pass attempts SEC defenses faced in 2011.

Missouri D 2011 average/rush: 3.58 yards
Rank in SEC in 2011: 5th

Missouri D 2011 total rushing yards: 1656
Rank in SEC: 4th

Opponent rushing attempts by average SEC team: 480/year or 37.1/game
Opponent rushing vs. Missouri: 463 plays
Missouri D 2011 total rushing yards vs. avg number of rushes in SEC: 1718, or 132.2 yards per game. This would have ranked 5th in the league.

Missouri D 2011 average/pass attempt: 6.74 yards
Rank in SEC: 9th

Opponent passing attempts by average SEC team: 373/year or 28.9/game
Opponent passing vs. Missouri: 487 attempts
Missouri D 2011 total passing yards vs. avg number of pass attempts in SEC: 2514 yards or 194.8 yards per game. This would have ranked 10th in the league

Missouri D 2011 Total D vs. avg rush/pass attempts in SEC: 327 yards/game. This would have ranked 7th in the SEC, ahead of (in order) Tennesee, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Kentucky, Auburn and Mississippi.

eazyb81
07-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Some statistical analysis I just posted at PowerMizzou (those of you over there now know my identity).

I always figured you were the guy named Duncan on there.

BourbonMan
07-16-2012, 10:03 AM
MU football to open the season with three night games

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/16/3706916/mu-football-to-open-the-season.html#storylink=cpy

Trevo_410
07-16-2012, 11:43 AM
MU football to open the season with three night games

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/16/3706916/mu-football-to-open-the-season.html#storylink=cpy

kick ass

Priest31kc
07-16-2012, 11:57 AM
SE. Louisiana St - 6PM on PPV
Georgia - 6:45PM on ESPN 2
Arizona St. - 6:00PM on ESPN 2

Nice. Apparently in the SEC every team gets one PPV game every yr...Sucks I gotta shell out $30+ for the 1st game of the year though...

BourbonMan
07-16-2012, 12:46 PM
College football madness begins Tuesday in SEC

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/16/3707111/college-football-madness-begins.html#storylink=cpy

Does anybody know what channel the coverage will be on?

BourbonMan
07-18-2012, 07:31 AM
T.J. Moe

The University of Missouri is entering their first season in the SEC. The SEC does not know Mizzou very well and Mizzou does not know the SEC very well either. Not yet at least.

On Tuesday at the SEC media day, Mizzou wide receiver T.J. Moe did his best to help introduce the SEC to Mizzou.

Moe, who is from O'fallon, Missouri, was named to the third team preseason All-SEC team last week, but is coming off a disappointing season that saw him catch just 54 balls for 649 yards and four touchdowns. Moe will look to regain the form of his sophomore season this year and as evidenced by some of the things he said at SEC media day, looks to be brimming with confidence as he enters his senior year.

Moe stole the show, providing plenty of high quality, funny, and entertaining quotes about how great it is to be in the SEC, how Mizzou fits into the conference, and how he feels about the wardrobes worn by fans at SEC games.

Here is just a few of the things Moe said on Tuesday afternoon.

Moe on the #SEC being better: "The girls are prettier, the air is fresher and the toilet paper is thicker."
— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) July 17, 2012"Everybody wears a tie or sundress to games [in the SEC]. Look at me. I wore a Dri-fit polo to Big 12 media day last year." -Mizzou TJ Moe
— Saturday Down South (@SDS) July 17, 2012Mizzou WR T.J. Moe on the SEC: "Things are just different here. I wouldn’t be surprised if everybody here is strapped with a gun.”
— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) July 17, 2012Moe on #Mizzou in the #SEC: "We're the redheaded stepchild until we prove ourselves."
— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) July 17, 2012Moe was the star of media day on Tuesday but now must be a star on the field this fall. Moe's confidence and personality definitely gave the SEC schools reason to believe that Mizzou plans to come into the conference with guns blazing in hopes to surprise some people in their first season.

Moe said all the right things at media day and entertained his new friends. Now Mizzou must get to work and get ready for what should be a very entertaining season in the SEC.

BourbonMan
07-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Moe, Tigers stand tall against outside criticism at SEC Media Days

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/17/3710195/moe-tigers-stand-tall-against.html#storylink=cpy

BourbonMan
07-18-2012, 07:33 AM
MU notebook: DGB-led freshman class is making an impression

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/18/3710577/mu-notebook-dgb-led-freshman-class.html#storylink=cpy

duncan_idaho
07-18-2012, 09:21 AM
A few things of late...

I like the tenor of the Mizzou contingent at media days. Confident. Not intimidated. And it sounded like... just a little pissed off/annoyed at all the "Oh my gosh, how will you ever compete?" questions.

It sounds like LB Eric Biesel will be committing to Mizzou some time in the next few weeks.

And it sounds like Hannon and Boyd are bound for somewhere else. Boyd hurts quite a bit... Hannon, I think he waited a bit too long and they moved on/filled their slots at OL.

Saul Good
07-18-2012, 09:47 AM
A few things of late...

I like the tenor of the Mizzou contingent at media days. Confident. Not intimidated. And it sounded like... just a little pissed off/annoyed at all the "Oh my gosh, how will you ever compete?" questions.

It sounds like LB Eric Biesel will be committing to Mizzou some time in the next few weeks.

And it sounds like Hannon and Boyd are bound for somewhere else. Boyd hurts quite a bit... Hannon, I think he waited a bit too long and they moved on/filled their slots at OL.

Boyd doesn't hurt at all. He's got some fairly severe emotional/psychological issues, and he will almost certainly not qualify. He has had some incidents in the past that would be wildly embarrassing if repeated at Mizzou, and I have no reason to believe they wouldn't be.

I am guessing that the offer was pulled.

He will likely sign and place with Arkansas, but I tend to doubt he ever plays a down for them. The kid's life is straight out of The Blind Side, except he is a mess upstairs.

duncan_idaho
07-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Boyd doesn't hurt at all. He's got some fairly severe emotional/psychological issues, and he will almost certainly not qualify. He has had some incidents in the past that would be wildly embarrassing if repeated at Mizzou, and I have no reason to believe they wouldn't be.

I am guessing that the offer was pulled.

He will likely sign and place with Arkansas, but I tend to doubt he ever plays a down for them. The kid's life is straight out of The Blind Side, except he is a mess upstairs.

Gotcha. He is a very good-looking prospect, but that is info I hadn't heard.

Him being a sign and place is not new, though. That sounds pretty likely.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2012, 04:10 PM
A few things of late...

And it sounds like Hannon and Boyd are bound for somewhere else. Boyd hurts quite a bit... Hannon, I think he waited a bit too long and they moved on/filled their slots at OL.From PowerMizzou (probably what you were referencing regarding Beisel):

Beisel just tweeted he's visiting Missouri on July 24th for his final visit before he announces on July 26.

Getting Beisel would be huge. He's going to be a beast.

Mizzou_8541
07-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Beisel commitedto Mizzou tonight. Huge get and a great LB class. Chose Mizzou over "WPS"...errrr, I mean Arkansas, Arizona st., Illinois, Kansas, Kansas state, Nebraska and others.

duncan_idaho
07-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Beisel stuff all over PowerMizzou if anyone is interested.

Arkie fans were certain they had him locked up after his visit there, but whatever. Never really thought that.

Sounds like Monday might be a pretty awesome/huge day. Reports that Hannon and Boyd are visiting, along with a potential surprise.

Stanley Nickels
07-26-2012, 07:08 PM
I've never been TOO worked up about recruiting, and I think this staff puts an appropriate emphasis on keeping talent at home--and DGB is the reward reaped for every 2-star Missourian who MU offered to ensure that-- but I really hope we start hosting more elite southern recruits. It will be vital to our success in the new conference.

DaKCMan AP
07-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Vernon Hargreaves III 5-star recruit and #9 overall (rivals) committed to Florida today. PBJ

Pitt Gorilla
07-26-2012, 07:28 PM

Arkie fans were certain they had him locked up after his visit there, but whatever. Never really thought that.

Sounds like Monday might be a pretty awesome/huge day. Reports that Hannon and Boyd are visiting, along with a potential surprise.Arkansas fans are simply insane. It goes beyond delusion. Every kid from Missouri is an Arky lock, well, until they commit to Mizzou.

Beisel is a HUGE get. He will be an absolute monster at LB.

Chocolate Hog
07-26-2012, 11:45 PM

Sounds like Monday might be a pretty awesome/huge day. Reports that Hannon and Boyd are visiting, along with a potential surprise.

Hannon said it was 50/50 between Arkansas and Nebraska.

duncan_idaho
07-27-2012, 05:55 AM

Latest report from him was that those two led but he still might take some more visits. Shortly after, it came out that he was visiting on Monday with Jamone Boyd. They planned the trip with four current Missouri kids.

Safe to say that situation might have changed a bit.

Saul Good
07-27-2012, 07:28 AM

I know him personally. At one point it really seemed like he was going to Arkansas, but I'm not sure now.

Mizzou wanted him to commit early, and he wasn't willing to choose that quickly. We signed some better prospects than him, and our interest cooled. He likes Mizzou but isn't sure that our schemes fit his style of play.

If I had to guess, I would still say Arkansas. Of the three, Nebraska would surprise me the most. (Wouldn't be a shock, though.) I'd like to see him at Mizzou, but I don't know if he would see the field much. He's a great kid, so whatever team gets him has that going for them.

qabbaan
07-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Yeah, this SEC thing is killing recruiting.

Nice to see them steal another one from Arkansas.

Saul Good
07-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Yeah, this SEC thing is killing recruiting.

Nice to see them steal another one from Arkansas.

This Arkansas rivalry has the potential to be amazing. It's been a blast so far, and we haven't even played them yet.

qabbaan
07-27-2012, 08:51 AM
This Arkansas rivalry has the potential to be amazing. It's been a blast so far, and we haven't even played them yet.

I think it's going to be great. They will be a great rival. The recruiting competition just adds to it. Their delusional fans will provide comedic entertainment, but with the strength of Arkansas' program we should have some great football games.

I don't know if Ole Miss is still considered their primary rival or if it would be Texas from the old southeastern conference, but Missouri would provide a convenient new candidate for that role. The SEC is going to be awesome.

eazyb81
07-27-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm not too worried about whether we get Hannon or not. We already have four very good OL commits in this class and next year's class looks to have a lot of upside too with Bauer, Braden Smith, and Roderick Johnson.

Boyd was always one I really wanted, but it seems like he's had a weird recruitment and some insiders have questioned if we're even really recruiting him due to being a bit of a headcase/weird. We could definitely use more D-line help though, so if we don't get him then we need some players that fit his mold.

Dr. Gigglepants
07-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Burfict weird? Wouldn't mind that. I'd say we need as many big athletic types as we can get on our DL. There are enough rumors about his eligibility though that there has to be something there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
07-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Burfict weird? Wouldn't mind that. I'd say we need as many big athletic types as we can get on our DL. There are enough rumors about his eligibility though that there has to be something there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not Burfict weird. More like Fred Willard weird.

Ebolapox
07-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Not Burfict weird. More like can't turn his lights on during Halloween weird.

wait...is he a sandusky?

Saul Good
07-27-2012, 01:20 PM
wait...is he a sandusky?

No. You beat me to the edit.

Bowser
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Vernon Hargreaves III 5-star recruit and #9 overall (rivals) committed to Florida today. PBJ

http://i43.tinypic.com/axb3t.gif

Ebolapox
07-27-2012, 01:25 PM
No. You beat me to the edit.

so he's a perv? he'll fit right in going to college.

Dr. Gigglepants
07-27-2012, 01:36 PM
His first game this year against Staley will be on ESPN at 2:30 on 8/25. Will be cool seeing how Badass he really is this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Trevo_410
07-27-2012, 01:38 PM
His first game this year against Staley will be on ESPN at 2:30 on 8/25. Will be cool seeing how Badass he really is this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

that'll be a mizzou showcase....

ramirez, hosick, and possibly boyd...

definitely one to watch.

Pitt Gorilla
07-29-2012, 10:21 PM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/jul/29/what-will-be-revealed/?tigerextra

Missouri's highly anticipated football season kicks off Sept. 1 against Southeastern Louisiana and will reach a pinnacle Sept. 8 when Georgia visits Columbia for the Tigers' first Southeastern Conference game.

But there's a whole lot of football to play between now and then.

Players report Wednesday and preseason camp begins Thursday with the first of 24 practices. With so many challenges and unknowns lurking along the SEC's treacherous path, the 12th season under Gary Pinkel figures to be the most scrutinized since his first. As the Tigers take shape over the next month, here are the 10 most prominent story lines to follow before the opener.

FRANKLIN FULLY ARMED?: The most important limb on most teams is the quarterback's throwing arm, and that's especially true for the Tigers.

Second-year starter James Franklin underwent surgery on March 23 to repair a torn labrum in his right arm. Pinkel has said the team's medical staff expects Franklin to be fully cleared to play in the season opener, but it's unclear how much he'll be allowed to practice over the next month. In an interview on ESPN last week, Pinkel touched on some unanswered questions about Franklin's readiness for camp.

"We'll have to see where he is from a function standpoint," Pinkel said. "In other words, they can release him to play, but how will his accuracy … how's he throwing the ball downfield and those things? We'll work around that."

"He's going to want to make more throws than he's capable of at the beginning," receiver T.J. Moe said at SEC media days. "But his arm's stronger than anybody knows."

Franklin is the only quarterback on the roster who has played in a college game. Redshirt freshman Corbin Berkstresser opens camp as the top backup, having taken all the first-team spring snaps after Franklin was hurt. With junior Ashton Glaser's transfer to Missouri State, freshman Maty Mauk begins third on the depth chart.

INSTANT IMPACT: Like every newcomer, freshman receiver Dorial Green-Beckham will begin camp at the bottom of the depth chart. It's not expected to be a long stay.

After a few months of summer workouts, veteran players have praised the rookie from Springfield for his abilities and leadership. They don't hope he'll be an instant impact player; they know it.

"He just does things you don't see people that big do," Moe said of the 6-foot-6, 220-pound freshman.

Green-Beckham could quickly figure into the mix at the inside receiver positions. Just don't expect to hear much from the freshman during camp. For the first time in Pinkel's 12 seasons, freshmen will only be available for interviews on a few designated days during camp — unlike returning players, who are available every day.

"He's going to get a lot of publicity, and there's going to be a lot of focus on him," Pinkel said last week on ESPN. "My goal is to take that away from him and let him focus on what he needs to do, and that's just become a good football player."

REGARDING HENRY: The closer the season gets, the more unlikely it seems that tailback Henry Josey will play in 2012. An All-Big 12 player last year, Josey underwent his third knee surgery in May to repair the extensive damage suffered in last year's season-ending injury. Pinkel has been careful to express hope that Josey could return this fall — perhaps, more than any reason, as an incentive for Josey to push through his rehab — but he was more blunt during an ESPN.com chat last week when he said, "We don't think he'll be back this year."

That leaves the Tigers with senior Kendial Lawrence as the starter, the same position he held this time last year before his broken leg cleared Josey's path to stardom. There could be another breakout runner this year.

"The guy nobody knows about is Marcus Murphy," Moe said of the sophomore who missed last year with a shoulder injury. "This year he's going to be as good as anybody we have on the team. He's fast and explosive and quick. His hips are so fluid that when he turns and runs, nobody can run with him."

BACK FOR MORE: When the Tigers hold practice Aug. 15, it will mark the one-year anniversary of Elvis Fisher's worst day in football pads. That was the day his senior year was shattered when he ruptured the patellar tendon in his left knee, putting the rest of his college career in the hands of the NCAA.

Granted a sixth year of eligibility, Fisher is fully healed and back at his old job at left tackle. Fisher is unfazed by returning to full-contact drills.

"If anyone knows me, they know I like to joke around a lot," he said. "So that's not going to be in the back of my mind."

The coaches might be cautious in limiting Fisher's reps in scrimmages, but unlike last August, when the Tigers had to rotate several starters along the front, the projected top five are intact.

HELP WANTED: On the defensive line, starting end Brad Madison and tackle Sheldon Richardson are recovered from offseason shoulder surgeries, but the team's thinnest position will be down a big body for a few weeks while nose guard Lucas Vincent recovers from a torn pectoral. Matt Hoch, the revelation of the spring, earned the No. 1 job ahead of Vincent, but the Tigers could use some freshman reinforcements to bolster the depth. That could mean Harold Brantley or Evan Winston — or both.

BATTLE FOR THE BACKUP: With Franklin barely four months out of surgery, the backup competition is a story of greater importance than usual. Berkstresser has gone through a full season of college practices, knows the offense and ran the first unit during spring drills and scrimmages. Mauk, the national prep record-holder for most passing stats, will have the chance to unseat him with a strong camp. Ideally, Missouri would redshirt Mauk and let him run the scout team, but August will be his stage to audition for a bigger role.

POWER PLAY: On most weeks in the SEC, Missouri's defense will face a different style of offense than it sees in practice from MU's no-huddle, spread attack. That means MU will have to adjust its practice drills to simulate its future opponents. The Tigers began that process in the spring and will continue over the next several weeks.

"You're going to play a lot of power football," Pinkel said. "We understand that."

ROOKIE RADAR: Green-Beckham isn't the only freshman with a chance to contribute immediately. Missouri might need tailbacks Morgan Steward and Russell Hansbrough to join the rotation. Tight end Sean Culkin could be a factor as a backup or special-teams player, along with linebackers Donavin Newsom and Michael Scherer. After Green-Beckham, the highest rated recruit was offensive lineman Evan Boehm. Boehm already has the strength and footwork to train alongside the veterans, Fisher said.

"If he gets the plays down, there's no telling," Fisher said. "I'm not going to sit here and say he can't" play this year. "We'll see how he learns the plays and picks up blitzes. It's a lot faster pace than high school."

IN NEED OF SPECIALISTS: Trey Barrow returns as the incumbent punter and kicker but could be challenged by some walk-ons. The Tigers need to settle on a long snapper to replace four-year steady starter Beau Brinkley. The return jobs should be up for grabs, too, although Moe handled the bulk of those duties last year. MU also will have to adjust to the NCAA's new kickoff rule that encourages touchbacks.

Reach Dave Matter at 573-815-1781 or e-mail dmatter@columbiatribune.com.

Chocolate Hog
07-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Hannon said he didn't make his decision Saturday because his mother wasn't able to be present.

“Only because my mom wasn't able to come down,” Hannon said. “Like I said, I don't know how I'm going to commit yet, but if I decide to come down to either city,Fayetteville or Lincoln, then I'm going to have my whole family come down with me.”

Looks like Mizzou is out of it for Hannon. I'd bet he goes to Arky which makes no sense really.

Pitt Gorilla
07-30-2012, 06:42 PM
MU is out for Hannon. The staff has noted that they are essentially full at his position, but the offer still stands. Neither NU nor Arky have the o-Line recruits that MU currently has.

Chocolate Hog
07-30-2012, 06:48 PM
MU is out for Hannon. The staff has noted that they are essentially full at his position, but the offer still stands. Neither NU nor Arky have the o-Line recruits that MU currently has.

1 4* and a few 3* star meh. If they weren't interested why was he on campus the other day? Anyway going to a school that doesn't know who the next coach will be doesn't make sense.

Dr. Gigglepants
07-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Apparently this was Boyd today during a recruit meeting in Columbia. I'm no body language expert but that doesn't look like an interested young man. Why waste the time?

Trent Hosick ‏@TrentHosick

@jam_one58 During our Mizzou recruits meeting. #SolidFocus

https://p.twimg.com/AzEmM5VCAAA1uCh.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
07-30-2012, 09:43 PM
http://www.callawayfarms.com/content/file-bin/2012_maze_web_photo.jpg

|Zach|
07-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Elvis Fisher has made public demands or he will sit out this season.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t_WsSbuUOQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BourbonMan
07-31-2012, 03:39 PM
That's f..ing hilairious!!!!

Pitt Gorilla
08-02-2012, 10:13 AM
DGB to get blanket coverage — from media

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/aug/01/dgb-to-get-blanket-coverage-from-media/?tigerextra

By DAVE MATTER
Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Heads will turn, cameras will click and pens will bleed ink when Dorial Green-Beckham practices for the first time as a Missouri wide receiver tomorrow. The freshman will wear his new No. 15 along with impossibly high expectations.

Will the country's top-ranked recruit feel the pressure of being … the country's top-ranked recruit?

The man who knows him best doesn't give the stock answer you might expect.

"I don't think there's any way he can't" feel the pressure, John Beckham said yesterday.

John Beckham coached Green-Beckham at Hillcrest High School in Springfield. In 2009, he and his wife, Tracy, legally adopted the player, along with his younger brother, Darnell, rescuing them from turbulent childhoods that caused them to bounce from home to home, with few stable stops in between.

In the months since Green-Beckham wrapped up his much publicized recruiting process by picking Missouri over Arkansas, Alabama and others, dad and son have talked about the expectations that will follow him to Missouri.

"I think he understands it," Beckham said. "And he's always had high expectations, and people have always placed high expectations on him. But he's never verbalized it. He's quiet about it. We talk about things, and basically he can only control what he can control. He can't control people's expectations. All he can do is be the best player he can be and be the best teammate he can be.

"The expectations are just, I don't know, out of this world. So I wouldn't want him to focus on that."

The amplified media coverage of recruiting and rising popularity of social media played a role in the Green-Beckham buildup — he has nearly 19,000 followers on Twitter — but no more than his production at Hillcrest and an NFL-ready physique. The 6-foot-6, 220-pound 19-year-old set national high school records for career receiving yards (6,353) and touchdown catches (75).

When practices begin tomorrow, Green-Beckham will be at the bottom of the depth chart like all freshmen, but his dad expects him to respond well to something he never truly experienced in high school: competition for playing time.

"He's got a lot to learn," Beckham said. "When the recruiting was going on, Missouri probably had the most depth at wide receiver of any school that was recruiting him. There were a lot of other schools where it would have been a lot easier road to start. But that really wasn't a focus. We wanted him to go to a school where he'd be really comfortable … and there's no doubt Missouri is that place."

Green-Beckham spent the last few days in Springfield but was in Columbia most of the summer for workout sessions with his new teammates. Senior receiver T.J. Moe was struck by the freshman's humble approach.

"Everybody loves him," Moe said. "A lot of guys come in feeling like they own the world. That's not him at all."

Gary Pinkel has been careful not to publicly gush over Green-Beckham's potential this fall. In fact, for the first time, Pinkel is limiting interview access to freshmen to a few designated days during the preseason.

"I expect him to come in and compete and be the best he can be," Pinkel said at SEC media days. "He's got to just focus on himself in terms of learning the system and putting himself in position to compete. He's like any other player in the program: He starts out at the bottom. Jeremy Maclin did. Chase Coffman. I can go on and on and on.

"Obviously, he wants to play and help us win. We'll see where it goes."

Green-Beckham is Pinkel's third recruit to earn the maximum five stars from the top recruiting services. The first, Blaine Gabbert, was widely rated the country's No. 1 quarterback when he came to MU in 2008. In 2009, Sheldon Richardson was the top-ranked defensive tackle coming out of high school and two years later among the elite junior college transfers.

But Gabbert joined an MU team with an incumbent star quarterback in Chase Daniel. An academic hold-up delayed Richardson's arrival last August, tempering the expectations for his instant impact.

Green-Beckham, meanwhile, plays a position where MU returns a mix of veterans and underclassmen but prefers to rotate players liberally. The buildup officially ends tomorrow, and the next story begins.

Pitt Gorilla
08-02-2012, 01:01 PM
New Depth Chart!

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/miss/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/depth_chart_non_event/12-depth-camp.pdf

duncan_idaho
08-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Not that I believe those heights and weights... but I wonder if pundits will continue to talk about the undersized Missouri line?

I expect they will, as they're lazy, in general.

Priest31kc
08-02-2012, 02:43 PM
My God. DGB is monstrous. BEAST.

|Zach|
08-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Pinkel: If Missouri's first game was tomorrow, QB James Franklin would start.

Dr. Gigglepants
08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
MartinaABC17 7 hours ago Twitter

#Mizzou Camp: DGB makes one handed catch, gets yelled for not using "two hands" #MIZ @ABC17News yfrog.com/0im71uabrhrqozm...

Read more at http://yfrog.com/0im71uabrhrqozmgnpsvcymjz#Bg65zt7LpkkhvLxE.99

video in link

BourbonMan
08-03-2012, 08:51 AM
MU quarterback returns to public eye, shows some passing zip

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/02/3740306/mu-quarterback-returns-to-public.html#storylink=cpy

Saul Good
08-03-2012, 09:24 AM
MU quarterback returns to public eye, shows some passing zip

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/02/3740306/mu-quarterback-returns-to-public.html#storylink=cpy

Man, that is great news. He is the key to our season.

O.city
08-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Somehow, I think I lucked into some tickets for the Georgia and Bama game.

Priest31kc
08-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Terez A. Paylor ‏@terezpaylor
Franklin has been throwing some tight spirals today. #Mizzou

Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter
Pinkel on QB James Franklin's progress thru 2 days of camp: "Honestly, I'm very surprised." He meant that as a good surprise.

Gabe DeArmond ‏@GabeDeArmond
I am far from an expert but James Franklin looks just fine from everything I've seen today. #Mizzou

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger
Missouri RB Henry Josey says he's "70-80 percent." We'll have more on the blog later and in Saturday's Trib.

eazyb81
08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger
Missouri RB Henry Josey says he's "70-80 percent." We'll have more on the blog later and in Saturday's Trib.

I don't see how this is even possible. He only had his ACL surgery in May.

I just hope he can get back to 100%. We could have a monster year next year with all our main skill players coming back along with a healthy Josey.

BourbonMan
08-04-2012, 06:58 PM
MU football notebook: Josey feeling healthy, happy

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/04/3742833/mu-football-notebook-josey-feeling.html#storylink=cpy

duncan_idaho
08-06-2012, 10:06 AM
I don't see how this is even possible. He only had his ACL surgery in May.

I just hope he can get back to 100%. We could have a monster year next year with all our main skill players coming back along with a healthy Josey.

I remember Van Alexander tearing his ACL around the same time (end of spring football) and being back for games in October. Smith is famous for doing cadaver ACL replacements. Recovery time is much faster than transplanting from one of your own tendons, as long as the body doesn't reject it.

Van was a freak of nature, though. Really fast healer/etc. But he got plenty of opportunities to show that off. Seemed like he was always hurt.

I would still guess he ends up redshirting. But who knows... if he's ready to go in October and they're having a better-than-expected season but could use a boost at RB...

Pitt Gorilla
08-06-2012, 10:18 AM
I remember Van Alexander tearing his ACL around the same time (end of spring football) and being back for games in October. Smith is famous for doing cadaver ACL replacements. Recovery time is much faster than transplanting from one of your own tendons, as long as the body doesn't reject it.

Van was a freak of nature, though. Really fast healer/etc. But he got plenty of opportunities to show that off. Seemed like he was always hurt.

I would still guess he ends up redshirting. But who knows... if he's ready to go in October and they're having a better-than-expected season but could use a boost at RB...Hank's injury was much more than just an acl. He had at least 3 different surgeries.

duncan_idaho
08-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Hank's injury was much more than just an acl. He had at least 3 different surgeries.

Yes. Two to the patellar tendon and one ACL replacement.

It sounded like the ACL was not done until the patella had healed completely, or at least that was the plan.

BourbonMan
08-06-2012, 11:53 AM
MU practice report: Boehm making a push for early playing time

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/06/3746046/mu-practice-report-boehm-making.html#storylink=cpy

Pitt Gorilla
08-06-2012, 12:09 PM
I also read that Mount Freeman left the team.

Edit: sorry, that was listed in the previous link as well.

Pitt Gorilla
08-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Nice piece on Saturday Down South:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2012/mizzou-football-players/

5 Mizzou Tigers to watch in first SEC season

Last week, we gave a rundown of the four Mizzou Tigers who earned preseason All-SEC Honors. Now, we take a look at five players who may not have the preseason hardware, but will be keys to the Tigers’ success in 2012.

DT Sheldon Richardson, Jr.

Richardson was one of the nation’s most hyped recruits a few years ago coming out of St. Louis, but apparently was not a Rhodes Scholar, and had to go the JUCO route. After flirtations with USC, Richardson upheld his commitment to Mizzou, and showed flashes last year as Mizzou’s third D-Tackle. Both of the Tigers’ starting D-Tackles from last year are now in NFL training camps, however, so Richardson is going to be counted on to be the main man in middle against the SEC hog mollies.

OG Jack Meiners, Sr.

Few would argue that on both sides of the ball, Mizzou’s biggest question mark in their transition to the SEC will be how they handle the battle in the trenches. While Richardson will try and help the Tigers create stalemates on the defensive side of the ball, Mizzou also has to replace two starting guards on offense. One of the guys trying to fill that void on the interior of line is Meiners, a six-foot-six, 310-pound man child who had seven starts in 2011. One of Mizzou’s weight room warriors, we’ll see if Meiners can clear holes against some of the SEC’s premiere lard asses.

LB Andrew Wilson, Jr.

Mizzou’s leading tackler last year, Wilson slid over to middle linebacker in week one and never looked back after an injury took out Will Ebner for the season. Wilson’s 98 tackles, including 13 for loss, helped earned him all-conference honors and a reputation as a big hitter. His run stuffing demeanor should prove valuable in the downhill running style of the SEC, and this year he will most likely slide back outside to man the strong side, and try to keep some of the league’s power running games at bay.

RB Kendial Lawrence, Sr.

As much credo as Mizzou’s passing game has earned in Gary Pinkel’s tenure, it was their rushing offense last year that finished in the nation’s top 10. The Tigers’ top rusher, Henry Josey, averaged over eight yards a carry until shredding his knee against Texas in early November. Enter Lawrence, who began the season as the team’s starter before a cracked fibula caused him to miss some time. After Josey went down, Lawrence proved his worth, netting three games of at least 90 yards over the season’s final four contests. This season, with Josey still nursing his knee back to health, Lawrence enters as the team’s #1 back and an opportunity to build on his 1,200 career yards and nine touchdowns.

S Kenronte Walker, Sr.

Mizzou must replace mutli-year starter Kenji Jackson at the strong safety position, and Walker looks like the most likely candidate to do just that. Walker has been in the Tiger program for two years, arriving via the junior college route. After redshirting in 2010, Walker helped stabilize the free safety position last year, starting the last four games, all of which were Mizzou wins. This year, he will be called on to replace Jackson and be the Tigers eighth man in the box against some of the league’s power running teams.

Pitt Gorilla
08-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Frank the Tank's Run versus A&M last year ranked #8 on ESPNU's Top 25 College Football Plays of 2011.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5O7P7lkUx6s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla
08-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Freeman back with the team. Bunch of guys down with injuries today, though. Chappell (knee), Ruth, Waters (knee).

eazyb81
08-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Ruth and Waters are the only injuries that sound like they might be serious though, and fortunately Boehm and Culkin/Holifield appear ready to fill in if needed.

Chocolate Hog
08-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Hannon is suppose to announce where he's going today.

eazyb81
08-07-2012, 11:41 AM

What are you guys hearing?

No one has a clue on our end. I think he goes to Nebraska with Michael Rose. Hard to see him spurning Mizzou and Nebraska to go to an Arky program that doesn't even have a coach.

Saul Good
08-07-2012, 11:44 AM

I'll be happy if he chooses Mizzou because I know him and want to pull for him, but I'm not entirely sold on him as some stud player. I've even heard that his coaches at Rockhurst don't really understand why he's getting this much attention.

It would be nice to start making traction at Rockhurst, though.

eazyb81
08-07-2012, 11:48 AM
ESPN: James Franklin the most underrated player in the country

Franklin's strong résumé begins with his ranking third in the Big 12 in passer rating in conference games and seventh in rushing yards per conference game, but his case becomes even more powerful when considering how his numbers stacked up against the most highly touted dual-threat quarterback in college football: Denard Robinson.

According to cfbstats.com, Robinson posted a 146.5 passer rating and 76 rushing yards per conference contest last year. By contrast, Franklin averaged 75 rushing yards per conference game and tallied a 139.1 passer rating in Big 12 battles. Those numbers look equivalent at first glance, with Robinson holding a slight advantage, but once the strength of the Big 12 defenses is taken into account (the numbers show that the Big 12 had by far the best collection of cornerbacks in college football last season), one can see that Franklin actually outperformed Robinson. If he can replicate that level of performance against an even tougher SEC schedule in 2012, Franklin will easily earn his place in the conversation among the best dual-threat quarterbacks in college football.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8242669/james-franklin-leads-list-most-underrated-players-ncf

patteeu
08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Freeman back with the team. Bunch of guys down with injuries today, though. Chappell (knee), Ruth, Waters (knee).

What's the story with that?

Chocolate Hog
08-07-2012, 12:13 PM

No one has a clue on our end. I think he goes to Nebraska with Michael Rose. Hard to see him spurning Mizzou and Nebraska to go to an Arky program that doesn't even have a coach.

I'm not too sure right now all the buzz seems to be about torri hunters kid.

Someone on a husker board said k-state is in the picture? In the end I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas gets him. Other than UCLA with slick rick they might be the dirtiest bunch when it comes to recruiting.

Pitt Gorilla
08-07-2012, 12:43 PM

No one has a clue on our end. I think he goes to Nebraska with Michael Rose. Hard to see him spurning Mizzou and Nebraska to go to an Arky program that doesn't even have a coach.MU really seems set on the O-line. I've heard that Hannon doesn't feel good about MU's depth chart.

Pitt Gorilla
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
What's the story with that?From PowerMizzou: Freeman was unavailable for interviews and Pinkel simply said the matter was "between us" when asked about Freeman's return.

beer bacon
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
MU really seems set on the O-line. I've heard that Hannon doesn't feel good about MU's depth chart.

He should feel great about MU's depth chart. Both starting guards are seniors. Next season the main competitors at guard will be Evan Boehm, Conner McGovern, and Nick Demien. Not a whole lot of depth there. Of the four current 2013 OL commits, three are better suited for tackle and the other for center. If Hannon came in at 300 pounds, and it is good weight, he'd be given every opportunity to make the two deep at guard.

Pitt Gorilla
08-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Chappell and Ruth both (likely) out for the season. Ruth has a torn triceps tendon and Chappell has a torn ACL. Both were working with the starting O-Line unit (although Chappell was filling in for an injured Britt).

Dr. Gigglepants
08-08-2012, 08:50 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/season-ticket-sales-hit-record/article_9813d0b9-7ee7-5aae-937e-53b58d0b69d6.html

Got mine, you suckers better get em today if you want em.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
08-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the big leagues, Boehm.

Sucks for Ruth, though. I'm not sure there will be a home for him when he returns like there was for Elvis.

For a team that was already thinnish in the O-Line, that's a really ominous beginning.

DJ's left nut
08-08-2012, 08:52 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/season-ticket-sales-hit-record/article_9813d0b9-7ee7-5aae-937e-53b58d0b69d6.html

Got mine, you suckers better get em today if you want em.
Posted via Mobile Device

Had 'em for awhile.

Unfortunately some close friends of ours are getting married on Alabama weekend. We've already rec'd offers to sell our 'Bama tickets for what the rest of the package cost us.

Free football! (Though I'd have far preferred go to that Bama game...)

Dr. Gigglepants
08-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Ouch! I have a similar deal but thank God its Vandy weekend. Oh well, 6 games for free is still good, and the UGA game will probably be the highlight of the season, not the Bama game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla
08-08-2012, 10:36 AM
These two ladies were running stadium stairs and a #Mizzou coach told them to come back later. #Distraction pic.twitter.com/a8yhQiar

https://p.twimg.com/Azx9_55CAAITN-P.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
08-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Also, TE Sean Culkin (true freshman TE) is out with a broken finger. Our guys are dropping like flies. Starter Eric Waters is out with a knee injury and Culkin had been receiving praise for his play in Waters' absence.

Frazod
08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
These two ladies were running stadium stairs and a #Mizzou coach told them to come back later. #Distraction pic.twitter.com/a8yhQiar

Women weaken legs!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/269/063/mic_display_image.jpg?1315288130

DJ's left nut
08-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I do love living in a college town...

CoMoChief
08-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I do love living in a college town...

Columbia is awesome.

Just tons of prime college ass everywhere you turn.

Sure do miss that town.

DJ's left nut
08-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Columbia is awesome.

Just tons of prime college ass everywhere you turn.

Sure do miss that town.

I've found that a majority of women almost have to actively make themselves unattractive in their early 20s. The default setting for 2/3 of 20 yr old women appears to be bangable at worst.

8 years later they'll have to run 10 miles/day to maintain any semblance of tone in their figure, but in their 20s all they have to do is eat nominally healthy and drink mixed drinks instead of beer.

(And then the ones that involve the extra effort of the 10 miles/day are staggeringly well put together).

Yeah, college girls are a fantastic perk.

BourbonMan
08-08-2012, 12:20 PM
MU report: Franklin rests shoulder, still on track

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/08/3750892/mu-practice-report-franklin-rests.html#storylink=cpy

Pitt Gorilla
08-08-2012, 12:21 PM
It sounds like Hannon to Nebraska. Congrats. I'd rather he go there than Arky.

ChiefsCountry
08-08-2012, 12:57 PM

Should of left them in the stadium, wait till they see the girls in the SEC cities.

Pitt Gorilla
08-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Sporting News article on Dorial:

Missouri's Dorial Green-Beckham can't hide talent behind humility

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-08-07/dorial-green-beckham-missouri-freshman-receiver-gary-pinkel-james-franklin-tj-mo

There’s no easy way to say this, so we’ll just come right out with it: Dorial Green-Beckham isn’t all he has been made out to be.

Sorry, but it’s true. For one thing, it turns out he’s kind of a shrimp. All the talk over the past year about his 6-6 frame? Please. Not even close.

“Always been 6-5½,” the Missouri freshman wide receiver said earlier this week in Columbia. “Never 6-6.”

For another, he isn’t even “DGB.” Not anymore.

Those initials, along with his Calvin Johnsonesque measurables, came to define him as a recruit. If college football’s Heisman Trophy winner could go by RGIII, then its No. 1 incoming freshman—already a superstar—had every right to go into the abbreviation business, too.

Only problem: The Tigers aren’t buying it.

“The ‘DGB’ thing was a big thing to walk in with,” said offensive coordinator David Yost. “But the players are like, ‘Hey, he’s Dorial.’ ”

It was a little different with the first five-star recruit of the Gary Pinkel era, quarterback Blaine Gabbert in 2008. Deep into the summer, his teammates were still calling him “Five Star”—less to express their admiration than to give him grief.

“He had to work his tail off (before) his name became Blaine,” Yost said.

The man, myth, legend stuff is already on hold with five-star recruit No. 2. Frankly, that’s a good thing—for everyone involved, but especially for DGB. Sorry, for Green-Beckham. He had hundreds of thousands of words written about him by the football media in January and February alone, but at Mizzou he has a blank slate.

“He hasn’t played a down yet,” said quarterback James Franklin.

Which is not to say Franklin and the rest of Green-Beckham’s teammates and coaches don’t have an inkling that this particular freshman could in fact become everything—perhaps even more than—he was made out to be.

What crossed the mind of senior wide receiver T.J. Moe, the Tigers’ leading pass-catcher in 2011, the first time he saw Green-Beckham run in shorts and a T-shirt?

“If LeBron James lost about 40 pounds,” Moe recalled, “that’s probably what he would look like.”

It’s true: Green-Beckham is a physical freak. He’s fast enough to run past SEC defenders. Strong enough to outfight SEC defenders. Big enough to intimidate SEC defenders.

Even in the most dominant conference in the land, there’s no one else like him right now.

Yost entered training camp unsure of exactly how to deploy Green-Beckham in the offense. Said the OC: “How good of a fade-route runner is he? How good of a corner-route runner? How good on screens? Is he a guy we can jet sweep it to? Is he the guy we want to throw slants to? Or just a go route?”

Whether he knew it or not, Yost had a smile on his face and excitement in his eyes as he rambled aloud. He recalled an epiphany he’d had when Jeremy Maclin was in the program: “We had three or four different screen guys, but finally we said, ‘Why throw a screen to anyone else? We have a guy who can go 30 yards instead of 10.’ ”

Green-Beckham has a suggestion for his coaches, in case they’re inclined to listen.

“Pretty much anything deep, really,” he said. “I hope I’m used on all the deep stuff.”

Yes, he wants to score touchdowns and be a star. Who wouldn’t?

“I haven’t seen any cockiness from him so far,” Franklin said, “but there’s definitely a kill factor. He’s a real competitor. I definitely think it’s possible for him to be one of the best players in the SEC as a freshman.”

Yost’s favorite thing about Maclin—the last receiver to have a truly transformative effect on the Mizzou program—was revealed only in the instant after his catches. The coach believes he has seen signs that Green-Beckham has that same thing about him.

“There’s guys who catch the ball and (are) happy to catch it, and guys who are running to score,” Yost said. “Dorial has caught the ball a couple of times in practice on hitch routes and turned upfield—he was running to score. There are guys like that. Maclin never worried about the first guy. It was the next guy: ‘That’s the guy I’m going to beat to get to the house.’ ”

Green-Beckham dreams of those touchdowns. Again, how could he not? Meanwhile, though, he estimates he has his nose in the Tigers playbook four hours a day. He walks through routes by his lonesome for another 30-45 minutes. That’s all on top of two-a-days.

He’s trying to stay humble. Even if, deep down, he believes the hype. You know, because it’s true.

“I do think I have that potential,” he said. “I’m still sitting in that same (No. 1) spot.”

Earlier this week at Faurot Field, the happy, hopeful Tigers were positioned on bleachers for their official team photo. In the top row of players, smack dab in the middle, was Green-Beckham. Behind him was Pinkel.

Which was perfect, because there’s really only one place for a player like this to be: on top, and right in the middle of all the fun.