Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

BourbonMan
08-08-2012, 01:53 PM
^^^^^^
Nice read!!!!

KcMizzou
08-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Mizzou Athletics ‏@mutigersdotcom

Tiger Fans, THANK YOU! We have officially SOLD OUT of Season Tickets for @mizzoufootball! Thanks for your incredible support! #MIZSEC

BourbonMan
08-09-2012, 07:26 PM
^^^^^^^
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Pitt Gorilla
08-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Great article/photo feature on PowerMizzou about MU's linebackers. The group is absolutely stacked (11 deep with TONS of talent) and that doesn't include two big recruits that haven't yet made it through the clearing house.

Gooden is among the starters.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/898/F911814.jpeg

Pitt Gorilla
08-10-2012, 12:46 PM
True Freshmen:

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/898/F912907.jpg

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/898/F912910.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
08-10-2012, 10:48 PM
It appears Golden has been cleared to practice. Add another linebacker to the group.

KChiefs1
08-11-2012, 01:15 PM
It appears Golden has been cleared to practice. Add another linebacker to the group.

I don't see him getting much time with the amount & quality of the LB's. His best bet is probably ST which is where Ebner starting making his impression.

DJ's left nut
08-13-2012, 02:13 PM
I still think Gooden is the most physically gifted LBer Mizzou has had in my lifetime. I don't think he has the nose for the game that 'spoon had, but his combination of size and speed are truly second to none.

duncan_idaho
08-13-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't see him getting much time with the amount & quality of the LB's. His best bet is probably ST which is where Ebner starting making his impression.

Golden SCREAMS montster DE to me. His combo of size, speed and strength would fit in nicely on the weak side.

Pitt Gorilla
08-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Golden SCREAMS montster DE to me. His combo of size, speed and strength would fit in nicely on the weak side.Of course, Mizzou is deep at DE as well. Maybe he should move to safety?!? :)

Pitt Gorilla
08-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Great article about Marcus Lucas:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/mizzou-s-lucas-ready-for-next-step/article_0ab250c2-e276-5793-813b-103db1995dd8.html

Mizzou's Lucas ready for next step

COLUMBIA, MO. • Becoming an athlete at Missouri was always on the list of pursuits for Marcus Lucas, who envisioned himself playing college basketball.

What better way to honor his mother, Monique, than to play the same sport that put her through Mizzou from 1986 to '89?

Monique did play a role in developing her son's skills and ambitions, but it turns out she had the greatest impact on his ascent in football.

"When I first started playing football and playing receiver, we'd be in the yard almost every night playing catch," Lucas said. "So, the thing she tells people is that she's the one who taught me how to catch."

Having mastered the technique of catching Mom's passes, Lucas hopes to become a favorite target of quarterback James Franklin as he enters his first season as a projected starter.

The junior had 23 catches for 414 yards as a sophomore and has hit the point, as coach Gary Pinkel often says, maturity-wise that he could be ready for a breakthrough.

The basketball dream stalled as mother was beating son consistently through middle school, Lucas said. But he's ready to apply the pass-catching ability he learned in the backyard.

"I feel I've developed a lot since freshman year," he said. "So running routes, running different depths and catching passes away from my body — those kinds of things set me apart from a lot of receivers."

At 6 feet 5, 215 pounds, Lucas offers size and speed that was coveted by some top programs, including new SEC opponents Tennessee and Arkansas. But with Lucas growing up in Liberty, Mo., Mizzou always held the advantage.

Asked recently about Lucas' potential, Pinkel made a dangerous allusion to former Mizzou tight end Michael Egnew as a player who exploded onto the scene as a junior after two decent seasons. He insisted he wasn't trying to draw a parallel, but the seed was planted.

"He's maturing," Pinkel said. "I use the term maturity because to be truly mature and play focused at a high level, very few can do it at the level you need."

Lucas made a mark at Mizzou in multiple roles last year. He averaged 18 yards per catch, reflecting his ability to stretch the field, and caught five touchdown passes.

He also was an academic All-Big 12 selection, marking another influence from his mother.

"She was the first one to actually make it to college," he said, "and then excel in college."

Lucas was good enough to see the field as a freshman, his highlight coming on an 11-yard catch in the win over Oklahoma. By 2011 he was ready to leave a serious impression.

In the season opener he caught a 10-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter that allowed Mizzou to hold off upset-minded Miami (Ohio). Against Texas A&M he displayed the value of his height when he went high for a fade pass to beat the Aggies in overtime.

With 18 players in the receivers' meeting room, Lucas knows there is always someone pushing to take a job.

"I just know I've been working hard this offseason to be able to make that stride to the next level," he said. "I've been trying to go from just being out there making plays to being a consistent playmaker."

Lucas made only three starts last season, but offensive coordinator David Yost has said he regards him as a returning starter at the "X" receiver spot.

Lucas had just one catch in the team's first scrimmage, but the quarterbacks were busy spreading the ball around to 19 players. That number will dwindle, and Lucas is content just being part of the puzzle.

"It's not a thing where I'm expecting every ball to come my way," he said. "I want to get the best out of myself. My coaches and teammates have goals for me and I want to be able to be that guy."

BourbonMan
08-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Pinkel challenges Franklin, praises freshmen
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/16/3765486/pinkel-challenges-franklin-praises.html

BourbonMan
08-16-2012, 01:14 PM
MU scrimmage report: Ebner sits, defense shines

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/16/3765179/mu-scrimmage-report-ebner-sits.html#storylink=cpy

BourbonMan
08-16-2012, 01:15 PM
MU’s Madison is feeling good and making sacks

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/16/3765496/mus-madison-is-feeling-good-and.html#storylink=cpy

beer bacon
08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Sheldon, Ealy, DGB, Gaines, and Franklin are going to own this year. Own own own.

Demonpenz
08-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Unless that qb matures I won't be impressed

beer bacon
08-17-2012, 11:17 AM
6-6 315 pound OT Mitch Hall is transferring from Ole Miss to Mizzou. He'll have to sit out this year, but he'll still have three seasons to play.

https://twitter.com/TylerABC17/status/236511453765566465

DJ's left nut
08-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I'd like to care, but the kid was losing snaps with the 2nd team to a true freshman.

He seems like okay depth, but not someone I'm going to get real excited about.

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Mizzou's receivers are going to be sick. If healthy, the same will be true of MU's D-line.

Death2CasselFans
08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
……..…..../´¯/)…...…....(\¯`\
………….../….//………..…...\\….\
………..../….//………… ..…..\\...\
….../´¯/…./´¯\…......../¯ `\…..\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_…..._| .\….\…..\.\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)....(..(...\….)...)…).)
.\……………..\/…/…....\..\/…………….../
..\………….….. /…….....\……….…….../
….\…………....(………. ...)………....../

eazyb81
08-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I'd like to care, but the kid was losing snaps with the 2nd team to a true freshman.

He seems like okay depth, but not someone I'm going to get real excited about.

Meh, I think I'll take Pinkel's track record of player evaluation over Hugh Freeze's at this point.

And it shouldn't be ignored that Freeze is completely overhauling the offensive scheme at Ole Miss, while Hall was recruited for a different scheme by Houston Nutt.

Stanley Nickels
08-17-2012, 05:09 PM
If healthy, the same will be true of MU's D-line.

The operative phrase there is, "if healthy". Vincent and Hoch have been sitting out the last few practices. I truly hope we can stay healthy. If so, I think both lines match up well with pretty much every team we play this year save Alabama. The Tide have an ungodly amount of talent in the trenches.

Pitt Gorilla
08-18-2012, 11:23 PM
His Brother's Keeper
Pete Scantlebury
PowerMizzou.com Recruiting Editor

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1398074

There's a new face in the middle of Missouri's offensive line. He's the caregiver of the football, given the responsibility of safely getting the leather ball seven-yards back to James Franklin. He's the caretaker of Missouri's quarterback, tasked with blocking 300-plus pound defensive tackles -- the SEC's trademark -- and making sure Franklin stays upright, making sure Missouri's running backs have room to roam up the middle.

Center Mitch Morse is up for the task. For his entire life, he's had a much more important person to protect.

Am I my brother's keeper?

Morse's life changed completely on April 1, 1996.

Morse's younger brother, Robbie, suffered a traumatic brain injury while under the care of a babysitter on that date.

Mitch was four years old. Robbie was four months.

Catherine Morse recites the date quickly and assertively when asked about the event, sounding like she's telling a friend about her son's birthday. In retrospect, it's a date equally important, as it changed the complexity of Robbie's life.

Robbie became severely mentally and physically disabled because of that incident, about which the family does not go into great detail.

"I think [Mitch] knew something bad happened," Catherine Morse said. "But I don't think he fully comprehended what that meant, at that age. That his brother would be as disabled as he is."

The mother looks back at the moment, and how it affected her oldest son. She makes sure to say repeatedly that this isn't a sad story -- and, in talking with the family, it's clear they truly believe that. Out of the tragedy, the family adapted to a new life with Robbie at the center.

Mitch Morse said he had to mature at an early age, and his mother agrees with that statement.

"Mitch is an extremely compassionate person," Catherine Morse said. "Always has been. He's very sensitive about Robbie's needs. I think to some extent, when you're a kid and get to adulthood and start to process things, it seems normal for you. 'That's my life, that's my brother.' I don't think he ever thought, 'Wow, that's really extraodinary.'

"But his whole lifestyle was dictated with Robbie's special needs, so it had a profound impact on Mitch."

As Mitch grew older, it became apparent that athletics would be a major part of his life. He went from a back-up quarterback to a starting lineman for St. Michael's Academy in Austin, Texas. After growing to 6-foot-6, 285-pounds, Morse received a scholarship offer from Missouri and committed quickly.

All the while, his younger brother would never be able to see him play.

"He's progressed through the years, but he has a hard time walking," Mitch said. "You have to have a visual on him at all times. I mean, he can roam around the house some, but you have to be with him all throughout the day."

"It's not that he couldn't go," Catherine Morse said. "He's easily agitated. We just try to keep him in a very strict routine, and it's not something he could comprehend."

Now, Robbie has a full-time care provider that's been with him for the last 13 years. Catherine said the family is blessed in being able to afford that, and a big help was Mitch's full scholarship to Missouri. Because of the care provider, Catherine and husband Kevin will be able to see almost all of Missouri's games this fall, with the exception of the away game against South Carolina.

Whenever Mitch returns home though, the reaction by Robbie is the same.

"There's always a big smile on his face," Catherine Morse said. "He's thinking, 'Hey, I remember this guy!'"

I am my brother's keeper

Mitch Morse's sense of responsibility was born out of Robbie's disability. Throughout his life -- even at a young age -- Mitch would do what he could to help his parents in taking care of his brother.

Robbie Morse, 16, has been the biggest inspiration for older brother Mitch.
"You don't have a normal childhood, compared to other people," Mitch Morse said. "It's normal for me, but you have to make sacrifices to take care of your brother.

"You haven't lived until you have to put a 16-year old on the toilet. It's like having a little kid around all the time. He's great, but you learn to be humble and patient. It's a virtue to be around him. It helps a lot."

Catherine Morse said Mitch would watch Robbie if she or her husband had to run errands. He would help feed Robbie when he was young. Robbie is "ambulatory but non-verbal," Catherine Morse said, and although he can feed himself now, Mitch still helps to cut Robbie's food when he's home.

The family is open to talk about Robbie. Instead of a sensitive subject, the family wants to exalt Robbie and explain exactly how much he means to them. Mitch explained that it isn't a one-way street with his brother. For all the help that Mitch provided growing up, Robbie has returned the favor ten-fold.

"Without a doubt, he's my biggest inspiration," Mitch said.

"It's a hard subject to talk about," Kevin Morse said in an e-mail. "But it certainly helped Mitch develop into the kind of young man that makes his parents proud."

There's no hesitation in Morse's voice during a conversation about Robbie. But, it's clear the separation has taken a toll. Maybe it's the August heat or the residual effects of a nearly three-hour practice, but Morse gets teary eyed when he reflects on his baby brother. Part of that comes with the juxtaposition of the brothers.

"It's a tale of two sons," Catherine Morse said. "There's one son, this super-human son that plays college football. And there's Robbie, who's physically dependent on us for everything."

"You go and play this football game," Mitch Morse said, pausing. "And you get all this praise. But when you go home, he doesn't care. He just wants the company. It's different ends of the spectrum. I get to go home and just be the older brother. When you're at school, you're the football player."

It's tough for Morse to think about what could have been, had Robbie not suffered the severe trauma. But, he believes his brother would have been a better athlete than he.

"It stunted his growth," Mitch Morse said. "His hands are still ginormous. He was supposed to be 6-8, 6-9, but he's barely six-feet."

Mitch Morse doesn't want to get pushed around on the offensive line. But, when he's with Robbie, that's okay.

"He's kind of the boss," Mitch said, smiling. "He knows he can get whatever he wants, but he's still gracious about it in his own ways."

The two brothers developed a tender expression of their love for each other. When Mitch goes home, his biggest task is to rub Robbie's feet. Mitch said it's not therapeutic and doesn't serve any medical purpose. But Robbie loves it. Catherine recalled a recent time when Mitch returned to Austin, bringing a few teammates with him. As soon as he walked in the door, Robbie propped up his feet, smiling at his brother.

"I think the guys were like, 'Wow, look at that,'" Catherine Morse said. "It was pretty funny."

Those hands don't show any hint of Morse's Other Life, his life as the "super-human" football player. On the field, he uses them to grip the football, to punch and throw defensive linemen while blocking, tools of destruction. Off the field, they're tools of endearment.

"He doesn't know I'm a football player," Morse said. "He just knows me as the foot rubber."

In high school, long before dreams of college football were realized, long before Missouri became his new home, Mitch Morse would honor his brother in a small way. Before every game, Morse would write, "Always With Me -- Robbie Morse" on the tape that covered both wrists.

Morse hasn't done that at Missouri, as he hasn't seen much playing time in his two previous seasons on campus. Now, he's the starter at center, hoping to anchor an offensive line that faces its biggest challenge in the SEC. Robbie won't be able to see his brother play, or understand the challenge ahead this season.

But, during some games, pay attention if the TV cameras catch Mitch Morse in a close-up. The writing on the wrists will return, he said. Written in pen or marker, that ink will be more than just a motto.

It represents the blood that unites two brothers.

BourbonMan
08-22-2012, 08:06 AM
MU practice report: Walk-on lineman awarded scholarship

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/21/3772608/mu-practice-report-walk-on-lineman.html#storylink=cpy

BourbonMan
08-23-2012, 08:34 AM
MU practice report: Leftwich out 4-5 weeks with foot injury

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/22/3774133/mu-practice-report-leftwich-out.html#storylink=cpy

Pitt Gorilla
08-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Big Jack Meiners (strongest guy on the team) out with a knee injury. Our line is getting really thin.

duncan_idaho
08-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Meiners' injury is a concern. A big one. They MIGHT be OK if he is out for an extended period of time, but the quality of the depth takes a major hit. And another major injury would be really detrimental.

Best case, it's a sprain and he's back for Georgia.

Worst case, it's an ACL.

An MCL wouldn't be AS crippling, as he could be back towards the middle of October.

Scary stuff, regardless. Losing three of your top 7 guys is not a good way to start the season.

Pitt Gorilla
08-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Ruth and Meiners hurt quite a bit. Hopefully, some of the younger guys can step up. However, you're not going to replace Meiners' strength and experience.

Pitt Gorilla
08-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Best college football uniforms:

http://www.complex.com/art-design/2012/08/the-25-best-college-football-uniforms-for-2012/missouri

Saul Good
08-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Tennessee has suspended their top WR indefinitely.

Stanley Nickels
08-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Tennessee has suspended their top WR indefinitely.

"Indefinitely", in SEC terms, is parlance for "depending on how our season goes without him". At least, that's how I've seen it used.

Still, if they're serious about it, that can only help the Tigers.

Pitt Gorilla
08-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Tennessee has suspended their top WR indefinitely.Eh, we've "suspended" most of our O-line with injuries. I guess I'm more worried about MU than I am our opponents.

Saul Good
08-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Staley is playing LSW on ESPN right now. Mizzou commit Nick Ramirez looks like a monster.

Pitt Gorilla
08-26-2012, 02:02 PM
MU has a lot at stake with Green-Beckham

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/25/3775982/mu-has-a-lot-at-stake-with-green.html

He’s got all the right moves, but no one’s rushing top freshman wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham.

BY TEREZ A. PAYLOR
The Kansas City Star

COLUMBIA -- On a sunny Saturday morning, Corbin Berkstresser looks to his right and perks up. Dorial Green-Beckham is lined up in the slot against a linebacker? That’s not even fair.

Berkstresser, Missouri’s backup quarterback, takes the snap and watches the Tigers’ 6-foot-6, 220-pound freshman receiver beat the linebacker with a double move. Berkstresser launches the ball 40 yards or so down the right sideline and sees it drop perfectly in Green-Beckham’s outstretched hands.

Touchdown. No doubt.

“Dorial is a natural athlete,” Berkstresser said. “He’s so smooth … my job is to get the ball to him after he does all the cool stuff.”

So far this camp, the nation’s top recruit has done a lot of that. Whether it’s making one-handed catches or making like former Tigers star Jeremy Maclin in eluding defenders on screen passes, there’s no doubt one of MU’s most vaunted recruits has the talent to live up to lofty expectations.

“He’s really stepped up a bit,” Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said. “He’s doing less thinking and he’s doing more reacting. We see him make more and more plays each and every single day.”

Senior receiver T.J. Moe said Green-Beckham’s talent is a combination of the best attributes of recent MU receivers.

“He’s got the strides of a guy like Danario (Alexander),” Moe said, “but he’s also a little quicker, like me, like J-Mac (Maclin), like some of the guys that have been able to get open underneath.

“He’s just tough to cover. He’s got real fluid hips and he’s catching the ball a lot better recently. … If his hands really come along, then he’s going to be something to reckon with this season.”

Missouri’s coaching staff has been careful not to burden Green-Beckham with unfair expectations. But it’s not every day you get a chance to develop a rare talent and show him off on a national stage.

“When you have the best player in the nation, who decides to stay home and go to Mizzou when he could have gone anywhere he wanted to,” Pinkel said, “that’s mammoth.”

David Yost has been in college football long enough to know one of the golden rules of recruiting: never take anything for granted.

So as Yost, Missouri’s offensive coordinator, sat in safeties coach Alex Grinch’s office on signing day in February, waiting for Green-Beckham’s big announcement, time began to move slowly. Someone on the TV predicted the Springfield recruit would end up at Arkansas, and Yost stewed.

“I was like, ‘How could he could he go to Arkansas?’” Yost said.

Yost and receivers coach Andy Hill had pulled out all the stops to lure Green-Beckham, one of the best players the state had produced in years. It’s easy to forget how much time and effort coaches put into recruiting; when Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo learned he’d lost out on Detroit prep star Chris Webber 20 years ago, he wept.

“If you’re not first, you’re last in recruiting,” Yost said. “Finishing second supposedly makes you feel a little bit better, but it probably makes you feel worse, because that means you were so close and still didn’t get them.”

That’s why, when Green-Beckham slipped on a black snapback Mizzou hat with a gold brim that February day, Yost and the rest of the staff exploded with high-fives and fist pumps. Not only did they get their man, the Tigers sent a message that they were ready to play in the Southeastern Conference.

“Our idea is if we can get 80 percent or better of the in-state guys — and really, 100 percent would be great — in Missouri, generally, that’s where our greatest players are from,” said Hill, who recruits Kansas City. “So we’re just trying to keep the best guys here. It was big for us to compete and have a chance at Dorial.”

To see that, all one needs to do is look at Missouri’s current recruiting class. The Tigers have commitments from 10 of the top 16 prospects in the state, according to Rivals.com, and of the six who remain, Lee’s Summit West’s Jamone Boyd is still in play and three others never received offers.

“If the guy who is from Springfield, Mo., who can go any place in the country, can do it, why can’t you?” Hill said, mimicking the pitch the staff now uses.

The success of St. Louis-area players Maclin and quarterback Blaine Gabbert, two five-star talents who became first-round NFL Draft picks, also offer shining examples of what Missouri can do for potential recruits. Green-Beckham could join that list, provided he lives up to the hype.

“When we’re talking to recruits down the road,” Yost said, “(we) can say, ‘See, the No. 1 guy in the country came to us and he was successful: we used him to the utmost of his ability and it was a great experience for him. You can have those same things.’”

But there is a flip side, Yost said. Have a couple of touted recruits fail to live up to their potential, and other schools will use that against you.

“It does come back (to bite you),” Yost said, “because if you don’t bring it up, other coaches do. It’s all part of the recruiting game.”

Pinkel has handled Green-Beckham’s first month on campus carefully. For the first time, Pinkel prohibited freshmen from talking to the media aside from one day at camp. Perhaps it was his way of keeping Green-Beckham from feeling overwhelmed.

“My big thing is, I just want people to stay away from him and let him focus on being a good football player,” Pinkel said.

It’s more than just that, however.

“I recruited him, so I feel responsible to his parents that he’s successful,” Yost said. “I want to make sure he’s got his degree when he’s done playing here, and that he’s had a great career and a great experience here and feels a part of our family.

“And then, anything on top of that — him making plays, scoring touchdowns, all these things — that’s bonus stuff that comes with being a football player.”

Green-Beckham seems to get that message. It is not uncommon to see Hill motivating Green-Beckham during practice — about blocking, about route-running … anything.

“There’s going to be points where we get yelled at, where we do something wrong, because that’s what freshmen go through,” Green-Beckham said. “That’s the difference of us coming from high school to here, to learn all those fundamentals.”

He later added that there’s a lot being thrown at him in the playbook. But by all accounts, he has started to pick it up, which has allowed him to start playing faster and get more work with the first team.

“He’s getting comfortable now,” Berkstresser said. “With any freshman coming in, there’s a lot to learn in the spread offense. And at first, when you don’t know what’s going on, your reactions are a little slow. But once you know the offense, it becomes natural.”

With so much at stake, Green-Beckham will continue to be pushed. The coaching staff knows his ceiling and is determined to help him reach it.

“We’ve had some success at receiver, some guys that have been top-level guys, and he’s on par with where those guys were early in their careers,” Hill said. “I think of Danario Alexander, Jeremy Maclin and Will Franklin … their junior, senior years, those are top-end years.

“But if I think back to their freshmen years, there were a lot of things they needed to (work on) … playing hard, playing fast, catching balls, doing the right angles. All that stuff is just an ongoing, day-to-day process. So that’s where we are, and I feel real good about where he is right now.”

Pitt Gorilla
08-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Meiners will be out this week, but MAY be back for Georgia.

duncan_idaho
08-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Meiners will be out this week, but MAY be back for Georgia.

Very good news. Meiners is a huge part of that OL this year, IMO. And a key part of the matchup with the huge NTs of Georgia. Meiners has the bulk and strength to stand up to them, especially in combo blocks.

Also makes you a little deeper at OL. With Meiners, the Tigers are probably 7-8 deep without it being a disaster. Without him, they're dangerously thin in terms of talented depth. (He's the best reserve tackle)

Pitt Gorilla
08-27-2012, 03:12 PM
It sounds like Ruth may be back about halfway through the season as well. That would be outstanding.

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I wonder if SE Louisiana will even make it to Columbia with the Hurricane headed their way.

Pitt Gorilla
08-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Like:

http://showmefansong2012.tumblr.com

Pitt Gorilla
08-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Missouri lineman Max Copeland runs down dream, earns scholarship

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/29/3786646/max-copeland-runs-down-dream-earns.html

Hard-rocking Montana native has gone from walk-on to starter.

BY TEREZ A. PAYLOR
The Kansas City Star

COLUMBIA -- The man with long, stringy blonde hair trudged up the stairs at the Mizzou Athletics Training Complex, his mind racing with every step.

Max Copeland was about to meet his position coach, Josh Henson, who cryptically ushered him down the hall to head coach Gary Pinkel.

Considering he’d already spent three-plus years paying his own way to play football at Mizzou, Copeland tried not to get his hopes up.

“I’m thinking ‘Oh, oh,’ ” Copeland says with a laugh.

The memory of what happened next still makes Copeland — a hard-rock fan who fires himself up for practice by shouting phrases like “Rock ’n’ roll!” and “If it ain’t heavy, it ain’t metal!” — choke up a bit.

“He told me ‘We’re going to put you on scholarship,’ ” Copeland says, his husky voice now turning a bit emotional. “It was surreal, man. I’ve had that dream 500 times before, and it was coming true.”

The first thing Copeland did was call his parents, Michael and Joanne, back home in Billings, Mont. They understood the gamble he had taken and the doubters he had faced to chase his dream, turning down a scholarship offer at Montana and willing himself into a 290-pound starting guard in the Southeastern Conference.

“In Billings, Montana, if you got a good offer, you went to Missoula — that’s just what you did,” Max says. “But I don’t want someone telling me what my path is. I’m going to tell you what my path is.

“That’s what rock ’n’ roll is about, man. It’s about forging your own path, taking the road less travelled and doing it because of who you are, not because it’s who people are telling you to be.

“It’s about bucking the system, man, you know?”

Whether Max Copeland is in the locker room or on his way to class, he always has his headphones on, cranked up to the max, blasting heavy-metal bands such as Motörhead, Black Label Society and Black Sabbath.
“The soundtrack to my life,” he says. “You’ve got to get yourself in a trance, get ready to bang heads, man.”

Copeland reinforces his hard-rocking persona with a variety of glares and catchphrases that make him seem more like a professional wrestler than a physics major.

“I always call him ‘Max the Action Figure’ because he has like 12 sayings that he just says over and over again,” senior guard Jack Meiners says.

Michael and Joanne say that at his core, Max is the same kid who was raised on classical music, played the piano and bass, wore short hair and was student body vice president his senior year at Billings West High School.

There is no doubt, however, that their son releases the more aggressive side of his personality through football. Since he was a boy, Max dreamed about playing for Missouri, his father’s alma mater.

But that dream seemed like a long shot in 2006, when Max, a high school sophomore, visited Columbia for Missouri’s 26-10 loss to Oklahoma and got a chance to walk on the field during warm ups.

“Tyler Luellen was on the field, and he just seemed enormous,” Michael Copeland says of the former Missouri offensive lineman. “Max was standing close to him and you could just see his eyes get big. After that, he never, ever missed a workout.”

Still, Max did not start until his senior year, when he played tight end and earned a scholarship offer from the University of Montana, a Division I-AA power at the time.

There was just one problem; Max, a free spirit, didn’t want to go there.

“I felt like I’d be selling my soul,” Max says.

Sensing Max’s desire to be in Columbia, Michael overnighted Max’s highlight tape to Missouri’s coaching staff a few days before Signing Day 2009. The staff, which knew of Max because of his performance at one of its camps, offered him a chance to be a preferred walk-on.
Max was elated; he thought it was an easy decision.

His parents were less sure — by picking Missouri, their oldest son would go to school 1,200 miles away with no guarantee of ever playing in a game. For this, they would also pay out-of-state tuition.

“Common sense is saying ‘Gosh, take the scholarship,’ ” Michael says.

Max convinced his parents his heart was in Columbia, but Montana’s coaches tried to convince him that he would never play a down there.

“The University of Montana was pretty upset when he didn’t go,” says Paul Klaboe, Max’s high school coach. “If I was his father, I know I would have tried to talk him into going into Montana.”

Max, however, became even more resolute. Days before he left for college, he brought his mother to tears with another reason why he was leaving.

“He said ‘This is not about me, this is bigger than me,’ ” Joanne recalls. “Mom and dad, I’m doing this for all the kids out there that people tell ‘You’re not gonna make it, you’re not good enough.’ ”

Max told them he would consider his college career a success if he contributed on special teams as a senior. But the rebel inside him wanted more: He not only wanted to earn a scholarship, he also wanted to start on the offensive line.

So Max Copeland, who weighed all of 220 pounds as a high school senior, set about rebuilding his body.

Jack Meiners is one of only two Missouri offensive linemen to grade out at the SEC standard in every weightlifting category. The other? Max Copeland.

“This summer, when the lifting groups were finished, there were two offensive linemen that were in there for another 45 minutes after everybody else left,” co-offensive line coach Josh Henson says. “That was Jack Meiners and Max Copeland. That says it all.”

Copeland, who is now listed at 6 feet 3 and 290 pounds, has been meticulous in his eating and lifting habits for the better part of four years.

“Once it became real that I would have an opportunity to pursue this dream, you’re done having fun, man,” Copeland says. “You’ve got a serious shot to do something that hundreds of thousands of kids across this country can only dream about. … I know I’ll get a return on my investment once I get on that field on Saturday nights.”

Meiners says that Copeland, whose metabolism makes it difficult for him to maintain his playing weight, eats healthy food and chugs weight-gain drinks “like its nobody’s business.”

“He’s constantly eating,” Meiners says. “Like before we lift — I’m not kidding — he’d get like a Ziploc bag full of (scrambled) eggs — probably eight eggs in there — and he would just eat them out of the bag, cold. I don’t know how he does it. It would make me throw up.”

Copeland’s hard work paid off early in camp, when injuries plagued Missouri’s offensive line and Copeland, still a walk-on, kept making an impression on Henson.

“You wouldn’t sit there and say that he’s the most talented guy,” Henson says. “But he plays at a high level because he knows his assignment, he’s good at technique, he’s busted his tail in the weight room to get stronger, he plays with great enthusiasm and he plays hard. He outperforms people based on those things.”

Eventually Pinkel had seen enough. He watched as Copeland’s eyes lit up with the news.

“It’s nice not feeling a like a burden to my family,” Copeland says. “They deserve it, just as much as I do.”

On Monday, Copeland was listed at the top of Missouri’s depth chart at right guard, meaning he will start Saturday’s season opener against Southeastern Louisiana at Memorial Stadium. It was the second significant goal he’d achieved within two weeks, though he now says it matters little.
“Complacency man, that’s the last thing I need right now,” Copeland says.

Besides, the regular right guard, Meiners, could return as early as the Georgia game, meaning coaches will choose between Copeland and true freshman Evan Boehm, a four-star recruit, to start at left guard. The competition never really ends.

Then, there’s also this: Pinkel says walk-ons who receive scholarships for the first time always sign a one-year contract. That means Copeland’s scholarship will be up before his senior year, though Pinkel says it’s not uncommon for players who work hard in the weight room, do things the right way and give great effort to earn a renewal.

“For him, he’s about everybody else,” Pinkel says. “He’s a great visual aide for what it means to be a great teammate.”

For now though, Copeland isn’t even thinking about next year. He’s just trying to get through Saturday, when he knows he will be tempted to wake up early, blast his heavy metal music and down caffeine, just like he did in high school — the last time he started a game.

“I can’t do that because I’ll be exhausted by kickoff,” Copeland says. “My intensity, I consider that a pretty big edge for me. … I need to make sure that I maximize that so I don’t burn too hot, too quick. It’s important that I kind of temperate it a little bit, that way there’s no wasted energy.”

But don’t bet on Copeland completely shrugging off his old pregame routine. His willingness to do the unorthodox has worked out pretty well; this is no time to lose what makes him unique.

“I’ll come up with some loose guidelines,” Copeland says, “because if they start to seem like rules, I’ll resist the hell out of them.”

DJ's left nut
08-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I hope MU's backup quarterbacks this year are more precise passers than they are drivers:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/aug/30/missouri-qb-mauk-arrested-leaving-accident-scene/?tigerextra

A ride on his scooter landed Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk in jail Thursday. The freshman was arrested on suspicion of four charges, including leaving the scene of an accident, MU police Capt. Brian Weimer said.

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk make contact with two vehicles while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Blvd. — with two female passengers on board. Officers attempted to pull Mauk over, but he drove away, turning south on Curtis Ave. and also ran a stop sign, according to the incident report. The officers later found the scooter abandoned between two cars in a parking lot.

Through their investigation, the officers contacted Mauk and he turned himself into MU police headquarters at 11:18 a.m. and was arrested on suspicion of four misdemeanor charges: leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident, resisting arrest by fleeing a vehicle, operating a vehicle in a reckless manner and failure to observe a traffic control device.

Mauk was transported to Boone County Jail where he posted $1,000 bond. The first two charges carried a $500 bond each. The two latter charges required only Mauk's signature for his release, Weimer said.

Mauk is the second Missouri quarterback arrested for leaving the scene of an accident in recent months. In May, redshirt freshman Corbin Berkstresser was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor for hitting a parked car with his truck and leaving the scene. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to two years unsupervised probation and 20 hours of community service.

Mauk is MU's No. 3 quarterback behind starter James Franklin and Berkstresser and was slated to redshirt this season. The Kenton, Ohio, native set several national high school passing records during a decorated career at Kenton High School.

Team spokesman Chad Moller said MU is aware of the arrest and the situation will be addressed internally with no further comment.

Sigh...

siberian khatru
08-30-2012, 03:10 PM
edsbs ‏@edsbs

Mizzou, we were on the fence, but a backup QB arrested on a moped with two ladies? YOU SEC NOW.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Petrino is impressed.

Pitt Gorilla
08-30-2012, 03:17 PM
His suspension will likely include not playing in any games this season!

:eek:

:D

Saul Good
09-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Anyone know what KC bars will have the game on?

Dr. Gigglepants
09-01-2012, 07:02 AM
I've heard Sharkeez in Lee's Summit, 810 Zone in Harrah's, pretty sure Harpo's, and I would be surprised if Brooksider didn't have it on.

rageeumr
09-01-2012, 07:45 AM
I've heard Sharkeez in Lee's Summit, 810 Zone in Harrah's, pretty sure Harpo's, and I would be surprised if Brooksider didn't have it on.

I know I heard on 810 that it would be on at the Landing in Liberty, and I saw a sign at Coach's at 135th and Antioch that said it would be on. Probably means the Coach's at 103rd and Wornall would have it, too but I can't guarantee it.

Saul Good
09-01-2012, 07:47 AM
I know I heard on 810 that it would be on at the Landing in Liberty, and I saw a sign at Coach's at 135th and Antioch that said it would be on. Probably means the Coach's at 103rd and Wornall would have it, too but I can't guarantee it.

Thanks. Might have to hit coach's.

Big Smoke
09-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Good luck Tigers!

allen_kcCard
09-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Holy shit, nice job not leaving any doubt on the tuneup opener so far.

Priest31kc
09-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Found a stream: http://thefirstrow.eu/watch/138533/1/watch-southeastern-louisiana-vs-missouri.html

Superturtle
09-01-2012, 05:35 PM
DAMN TIGERS, YOU SCARY.

Pitt Gorilla
09-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Mizzou scores on defense. 28-0. Offense and defense tied at 14.

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Gabe DeArmond ‏@GabeDeArmond

#Mizzou offense retakes the lead over the defense 14-7

I guess the D just tied it up again.

Priest31kc
09-01-2012, 05:36 PM
28-0 with 7 minutes to go in the 1st quarter lol....

Superturtle
09-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Has DGB caught anything?

Pitt Gorilla
09-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Has DGB caught anything?A total of 4 passes have been thrown, so I doubt it.

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Has DGB caught anything?Not yet.

Superturtle
09-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Need to stop scoring so goddamn fast. Wanna see his skills.

MoreLemonPledge
09-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I think this defense can compete in the SEC.

MoreLemonPledge
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
And DGB hits the stat line...

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
DGB sighting! bout a 6 yd catch

Priest31kc
09-01-2012, 05:54 PM
6 yard tunnel screen DGB's first catch...

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Mizzou Nation ‏@Mizzou2SEC

Mizzou up 62-3 now with 10 minutes left. Good debut performance as an SEC team.

Terez A. Paylor ‏@terezpaylor

That's the second time in school history there have been two return touchdowns of any kind in the same game. Last time was in 1965 #Mizzou

Murphy's 180 punt return yards breaks a 45-year old record of 156 set by Roger Wehrli against Iowa State. #Mizzou

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter

When the depth chart came out Monday I was surprised Murphy was the punt returner. I'm apparently not that smart

petegz28
09-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I think MU will win this one

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 08:16 PM
I think MU will win this oneEh, we'll find some way to blow it.

ghak99
09-01-2012, 08:16 PM

When the depth chart came out Monday I was surprised Murphy was the punt returner. I'm apparently not that smart

LMAO

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 09:11 PM
I read that Ebner was injured on Tigerboard. FYI...

Terez A. Paylor ‏@terezpaylor

Will Ebner left with a stinger, Pinkel says its unrelated to his past neck problem #Mizzou

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Gahhh... Sheldon with the BB material...

#Mizzou D-tackle Sheldon Richardson on Georgia: "It's like watching Big Ten football. It's old man football."

Did Richardson watch the Georgia game today? "I watched that game. I turned it off, too."

More Richardson: "If we execute nobody in this league can touch us. Period."

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote of night, #Mizzou DE Michael Sam on Kony Ealy's hit on SELA QB: "Shit, I feel sorry for that dude."

BourbonMan
09-03-2012, 04:29 PM
MU sophomore named SEC special teams player of the week

Columbia -- Missouri running back Marcus Murphy certainly made the most of his first game action in nearly two years Saturday, becoming the first player in school history to return two punts for touchdowns in the same game.

Now Murphy, whose star turn came during the second half of Missouri's 62-10 win over Southeastern Louisiana, has the hardware to prove it, as he was named SEC special teams player of the week on Monday.

Murphy's 180 punt return return yards broke the school record of 156, set by MU Hall of Famer Roger Wehrli in 1967. Murphy's 72-yard return on Saturday was the longest by a Tiger since Jeremy Maclin broke off a 75-yarder against Northwestern in the 2008 Alamo Bowl. It also marks the first time since 2007 a Tiger has returned multiple punt returns for a touchdown in the same season.

Murphy, a sophomore, missed all of last season with a shoulder injury.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/03/3794571/mu-sophomore-named-sec-special.html#storylink=cpy

BourbonMan
09-03-2012, 04:30 PM
MU releases new depth chart; Ebner questionable

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/03/3794613/mu-releases-new-depth-chart-ebner.html#storylink=cpy

eazyb81
09-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Just picked up two tickets for the UGA game. F'n stoked!

DJ's left nut
09-04-2012, 11:23 AM
So...uh....I watched that 'Bama/Michigan game.

Am I the only one that just watched what they did with Dennard Robinson and ended up waking up in a cold-sweat? Holy crap. I like Franklin well enough, but isn't he essentially just Robinson-light?

What can Mizzou do to counter what we just saw Alabama pull off? The only thought I have is hoping for an off night because those boys looked damn near unbeatable.

duncan_idaho
09-04-2012, 12:30 PM
So...uh....I watched that 'Bama/Michigan game.

Am I the only one that just watched what they did with Dennard Robinson and ended up waking up in a cold-sweat? Holy crap. I like Franklin well enough, but isn't he essentially just Robinson-light?

What can Mizzou do to counter what we just saw Alabama pull off? The only thought I have is hoping for an off night because those boys looked damn near unbeatable.

I'm watching it now. Michigan runs a very different offense with Robinson than Mizzou. It's not a true spread... more of a pro-style look with a lot of option and rollout action built into it.

Early impression is that Alabama was stacking the box and forcing Robinson to beat them throwing. (It looked a lot like the defenses teams used vs. Brad Smith, honestly).

Robinson can't do that. He's a bad passer. Franklin isn't Chase Daniel, but he's more accurate than Robinson. Michigan also doesn't have a receiving corps as good as Mizzou's, that's as dangerous in 1x1 coverage as Missouri's is.

I'm not saying this because I think Missouri's offense will excel vs. Bama or that Mizzou will win or anything. Just that what they will do against Missouri will likely be different.

Honestly, Missouri's best chance might be for Alabama to use an approach like that. The only way I can see Missouri winning is if it gets some big plays early, gets a lead, and Alabama has to become a throw-first team.

And even then, it would still require incredible luck. Bama is really, really good.

BourbonMan
09-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Boehm, Green-Beckham make quick impact for MU

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/04/3796626/newcomers-make-quick-impact-for.html#storylink=cpy

Dr. Gigglepants
09-05-2012, 02:12 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/20063922/mizzou-qb-franklins-father-was-saved-by-football-despite-coaches-giving-up-on-him

Long but good read from Dodd about James Franklin and his dad.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2012, 03:30 PM
New Mizzou Unis:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LfIcFEatP0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, I think Meiners will be OUT for the GA game. Nothing sucks more than that.

CoMoChief
09-07-2012, 06:46 PM
damn.....didn't know GA's Dline is so ****ing huge with Jenkins and Geathers. Both are over 350lbs (could one be Dorsey's replacement?)

-King-
09-07-2012, 06:59 PM
My friend made the team as a walk on OL. Pretty cool.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
09-07-2012, 09:17 PM
damn.....didn't know GA's Dline is so ****ing huge with Jenkins and Geathers. Both are over 350lbs (could one be Dorsey's replacement?)

Buffalo got some yards against them by using counters and some zone-blocking. Those boys are big, but they don't appear that capable of moving laterally. It looked like teams could get outside of their pads and move them out of a hole.

That said, it's true in engines and linemen: there's no replacement for displacement. Those boys are some big damn bodies and they'll make trouble for Mizzou without question.

bowener
09-07-2012, 10:20 PM
I've been downtown in Columbia most of the night. Tons of Georgia fans.

KcMizzou
09-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I've been downtown in Columbia most of the night. Tons of Georgia fans.That's what they do. We really need to win this game.

CoMoChief
09-08-2012, 01:22 AM
I miss living in CoMo. Had some crazy nights there

great nightlife downtown. LOTS of hot college ass.

Couldn't make it there this weekend, but will be there when Bama comes in town. That town is going to be super nuts that weekend.

KChiefs1
09-08-2012, 07:27 AM
How/Why did ESPN choose the Texas A&M vs Florida game over the Mizzou vs Georgia game for their College Game Day show?

There isn't anyone at it down there & I know MU would be going crazy right now if they were there.

Jerm
09-08-2012, 07:59 AM
ESPN still believes Florida is what they were years ago...it's their Tebow obsession yet again.

tredadda
09-08-2012, 09:48 AM
How/Why did ESPN choose the Texas A&M vs Florida game over the Mizzou vs Georgia game for their College Game Day show?

There isn't anyone at it down there & I know MU would be going crazy right now if they were there.

Whether there is any truth to it or not, I believe ESPN sees aTm as the bigger program with a larger following.

bowener
09-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm hoping for a Georgia sweep this weekend. MU over UGA and KC over Atlanta.
I met some nice Georgia fans last night, and quite a few redneck mouth breathers. I can't make it to the game today, but I am interested to see how tailgating is going. MU isn't used to having this large a number of visitors in the midst. I'm also interested in seeing how repealing the open container law for game days works out in Columbia.

Off topic a bit, how do you guys see weather possibly playing a role when Alabama comes to town? I know it is only October 13th, but if we have a real fall, the temps could get real low at night. I don't know much about Alabama, but I am certain they haven't played in cold weather in a while.

ghak99
09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Off topic a bit, how do you guys see weather possibly playing a role when Alabama comes to town? I know it is only October 13th, but if we have a real fall, the temps could get real low at night. I don't know much about Alabama, but I am certain they haven't played in cold weather in a while.

After watching their last game, hell might have to freeze over to stop that freight train.

tredadda
09-08-2012, 03:16 PM
After watching their last game, hell might have to freeze over to stop that freight train.

This is kinda why I was wondering before the season how people were chalking up Alabama as a win for Mizzou while projecting losses to UGA and UF. Yes Bama lost a lot of talent, but they always reload and are led by one of the all time great coaches in college football. I would love to see Mizzou win, but it will take a mammoth effort on all three phases to make that happen.

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Whether there is any truth to it or not, I believe ESPN sees aTm as the bigger program with a larger following.

Either that or ESPN is enamored with aTm's THREE national titles and their 12 Big XII chapionships.

And their magical ability to win (and count as a W) their spring game.

tredadda
09-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Either that or ESPN is enamored with aTm's THREE national titles and their 12 Big XII chapionships.

And their magical ability to win (and count as a W) their spring game.

LMAO I know they are goobers and warrant all the abuse UT fans (and anyone else who knows them) give them, but they are a big school in Texas and one the SEC coveted (knowing UT would never join) as it gives them access to a huge market. This also could play into why ESPN covered this game even though MU/UGA is actually a bigger game.

Priest31kc
09-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Here we go!!!!!!!!

petegz28
09-08-2012, 06:12 PM
The new helmet rule is stupid

CoMoChief
09-08-2012, 06:35 PM
MU's center is having a HORRIBLE game. Offense can't get into a rhythm because the snap is always high.

Setsuna
09-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Hai guys!

ghak99
09-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Yost is going to get Franklin hurt.

Bump
09-08-2012, 06:53 PM
are those your new uniforms? wow those are terrible, Mizzou Bumblebees

qabbaan
09-08-2012, 07:02 PM
It is awesome just to see Mizzou stand and trade with a team like Georgia, with all the injuries on the line... Heck, with all the sloppiness on offense so far. This should really help build belief on the team that we belong here.

tredadda
09-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Who would thunk. Mizzou's offense is playing like crap and their defense is playing lights out. This must be the SEC effect.

CoMoChief
09-08-2012, 07:12 PM
MU's playcalling is terrible

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Who is currently on the O-line?

BryanBusby
09-08-2012, 07:51 PM
At this point, fans from the stands.

LiveSteam
09-08-2012, 07:57 PM
At this point, fans from the stands.

LMAO

IratePrimate
09-08-2012, 08:01 PM
TD MIZZOU

cookster50
09-08-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm sure this has been asked, but impossible to find, anywhere to watch this streaming online? I can't stream ESPN2 without a login apparently.

IratePrimate
09-08-2012, 08:13 PM
you tried espn3.com

luv
09-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Hope our D can hold up.

cookster50
09-08-2012, 08:14 PM
you tried espn3.com

Not there, only if you have a login via comcast/other cable companies.

petegz28
09-08-2012, 08:18 PM
MU got jobbed twice on that drive...the no call on the holding and the roughing the passer.....still should have held but that doesn't help

IratePrimate
09-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Not there, only if you have a login via comcast/other cable companies.

Sorry i was on it the other day and didn't realize I had logged in............. Unless it was free for the first week? Guess its time for you to get xbox live, you can have access to it on there.

luv
09-08-2012, 08:27 PM
MU got jobbed twice on that drive...the no call on the holding and the roughing the passer.....still should have held but that doesn't help

We've had calls go our way as well. We're getting tired. I fully expect Georgia to start pulling away.

IratePrimate
09-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Hell of an effort on that play by Moe.

stonedstooge
09-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Both teams still trading heavy punches

ghak99
09-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm afraid we're going to need more size and depth to do this week in week out.

stonedstooge
09-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Nice passes by Georgia. Damn Missouri was right on the dude on the touchdown pass but he snatched it down anyway

KChiefs1
09-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm afraid we're going to need more size and depth to do this week in week out.

Don't forget speed....

Jerm
09-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Dumbest call ever......

stonedstooge
Damn Pinkel

Superturtle
Wow

Superturtle
GG i guess

petegz28
09-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I've never liked Pinkel...I never will...he is a fucking idiot

BryanBusby
09-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Pinkel must be drunk again

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Mizzou's injuries and subsequent lack of depth are beginning to show.

Note: Which, by the way, reminds me of something. They keep talking about Fisher being a huge loss on the line, which he is. Buti I'm not sure I've YET heard them talk of Big Jack being out of the game. He's easily our best interior lineman.

GloryDayz
Well, they better get it done here...

stonedstooge
Defense holds

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:11 PM
JC!

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:13 PM
OMG!

stonedstooge
fuck

Pitt Gorilla
Well, that just about ends it. Dammit.

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, Franklin's mind is fried, I say give CB a shot..

Al Bundy
09-08-2012, 09:16 PM
MU just wasn't ready for the big time tonight.

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, Franklin's mind is fried, I say give CB a shot..I don't think so. He's fine.

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Well, maybe the team will be more humble after this...

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I don't think so. He's fine.

Hmmmm...

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Wow, we really miss Ruth at center. No Ruth, Meiners, and Fisher is killing us.

GloryDayz
LOL!!! They might want to block that guy!

Brock
Had a good game going for a while there. Turn out the lights.

stonedstooge
Oh my

Al Bundy
Holy shit.. Franklin blows... talk about no awareness, being slow as shit, too.

Pitt Gorilla
Hmmmm...I'm not sure you can blame the bad snaps and lack of blocking on JF.

ghak99
Jones is a BEAST!

Mr_Tomahawk
09-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Old Man Football.

Pitt Gorilla
Jones is a stud.

qabbaan
Frustrating to play so well for 3.5 quarters and have it fall apart at the end.

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I guess JJ read the bulletin board?? I hope GP talks to the team about watching what they say. Not that they were going to win, but it just makes it sting all the more for these guys...

Al Bundy
09-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Well Sheldon... they Old manned your ass right out of the SEC race, keep your fucking mouth shut dumbshit.

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure you can blame the bad snaps and lack of blocking on JF.

Indeed low snaps...but the bad throws are clearly many seconds after that...

Al Bundy
09-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Richardson ran away from contact.. what a pussy, talking all that shit and just got run.

qabbaan
Well Sheldon... they Old manned your ass right out of the SEC race, keep your ****ing mouth shut dumbshit.

Give me a break, if Franklin doesn't melt down these were two evenly matched teams tonight. Even with the scrub offensive line against their front.

BryanBusby
Well Sheldon... they Old manned your ass right out of the SEC race, keep your fucking mouth shut dumbshit.

You seem overly angry about something completely irrelevant to you.

Apparently Yost decided to hit the beach instead of watch film on Jarvis Jones.

Pitt Gorilla
Well Sheldon... they Old manned your ass right out of the SEC race, keep your ****ing mouth shut dumbshit.We get it. You don't like Mizzou.

OnTheWarpath58
09-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Richardson might want to show up next time he runs his mouth.

If he thinks Georgia plays old man football, wait until he sees Alabama rape his face.

Keep your head up though, Mizzou fans. At least you didn't lose to Louisiana Monroe.

Al Bundy
09-08-2012, 09:28 PM
You seem overly angry about something completely irrelevant to you.

Apparently Yost decided to hit the beach instead of watch film on Jarvis Jones.

Not "angry", Sheldon Richardson ran his mouth and got his shit pushed in, amusing.. and Jarvis Jones is a stud, that dude will be lighting people on sundays.

Al Bundy
09-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Give me a break, if Franklin doesn't melt down these were two evenly matched teams tonight. Even with the scrub offensive line against their front.

Georgia was missing 2 of their key defensive starters, MU scores 10 with Rambo in there.

stonedstooge
09-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Stupid fake punt started the ball rolling downhill

petegz28
09-08-2012, 09:30 PM

Pretty much

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Not "angry", Sheldon Richardson ran his mouth and got his shit pushed in, amusing.. and Jarvis Jones is a stud, that dude will be lighting people on sundays.

This...

BryanBusby
09-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah right. Please continue with your shit posting ITT

At any rate, MU got a long way to go.

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:31 PM

Good point... Still confused about that one. Welp, we all make mistakes I guess..

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Wow....

OmahaChief
09-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Until we build some quality depth on the lines we are going to struggle.

qabbaan
09-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Good point... Still confused about that one. Welp, we all make mistakes I guess..

Pinkel gambles, that is who he is. We lost because we turned the ball over and we had way too many self inflicted wounds in the first half.

They do need to adapt to run the ball more. We are going to have to be able to control possession because Franklin has quarters like he had here in the fourth.

DeezNutz
09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Pinkel with some bad decisions tonight: aggressive when he needed to punt, and punted when he needed to be aggressive (4th and 9 at the 30 something of Georgia).

Offensive play-calling in the first half was abysmal. Needed to use the middle of the field more. Seemed surprised that #29 is really ****ing good, which is ridiculous.

Finally, Franklin wasn't sharp, and he needed to be.

HonestChieffan
09-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Gonna be a long season

GloryDayz
09-08-2012, 09:39 PM
I'll bet Robinson is much more quiet tonight.

It's all good. It's the SEC, and we'll get better...

BryanBusby
09-08-2012, 09:39 PM
I'll bet Robinson is much more quiet tonight.

It's all good. It's the SEC, and we'll get better...
uh

MU had opportunities to make Georgia start gasping for air and they shit the bed.

Defense at least looked like it could hang in the SEC until they started getting banged up. Yost should probably pay attention to the best opponent, or Clowney is gonna fucking destroy Franklin in 2 weeks.

qabbaan
09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
When you lose, the play calling always looks bad. If you were getting the things you're supposed to do done, you wouldn't be losing in the first place.

Georgia has a front that should have devoured our offensive line all night long, but they weren't able to turn the game until the end.

Franklin is a nice player, but I don't think he is ever going to be one of those QBs that can put a team on his back in a close game and win it with his arm. His decision making just isn't good enough.

Reaper16
09-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm somewhat encouraged, actually. The wheels fell off after Pinkel's atrocious fake punt call. Jones adjusted to what Mizzou's shambles of an o-line was doing to him and took over the game. That's what great defensive players will do to you: take you over.

A healthy Mizzou can absolutely hang with the SEC East's top teams, even snatch a victory every now and then. Mizzou can still be a 7 win team this year, and 8 wins aren't impossible if this young o-line gels together.

stonedstooge
09-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Guess Georgia was ranked #7 for a reason. They had a bunch of damn good players

DeezNutz
09-08-2012, 09:47 PM
When you lose, the play calling always looks bad. If you were getting the things you're supposed to do done, you wouldn't be losing in the first place.

Georgia has a front that should have devoured our offensive line all night long, but they weren't able to turn the game until the end.

Franklin is a nice player, but I don't think he is ever going to be one of those QBs that can put a team on his back in a close game and win it with his arm. His decision making just isn't good enough.

Everything in the first half was underneath, which only allowed Jones to own more. When we went to the middle of the field, even at intermediate depth, things opened up substantially, and the pass rush eased notably.

The entire offense and staff seemed timid to me, which is to be expected to a certain degree.

The juxtaposition of the fake punt/punt decisions is inexcusable. Absolutely ****ing stupid and decisions that defy common sense.

The game was much, much better and closer than the score, though. As others have said, depth and beef are needed on the lines.

Overall, Mizzou will be fine.

ghak99
09-08-2012, 09:51 PM
A loss sucks, but I'm not really that disappointed in the performance. Everyone knows Georgia is a pretty damn good team.

I'm a little surprised our OL held up to that DL as well as they did. The play calling in the 1st half was lacking and for whatever reason it appeared they took their foot off the gas a couple times.

Looking forward to more SEC games!

DeezNutz
09-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Finally, Murray was a lot better than his stat line. Showed poise, courage, and accuracy.

He's a younger Stanzi with actual talent.

Frazod
09-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Could have been worse, I guess. We needed to get a big lead and then hold on for dear life when the superior line size and depth inevitably turned the tide. Didn't happen.

We're three-quarters of a tough SEC team right now.

Oh well.

bowener
09-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I am probably wrong, but Franklin's arm strength looked like shit. I don't think Mizzou can compete in the SEC with a weak armed QB struggling to get the ball to the numbers or sideline. His passes just seemed to take forever to get out there, and telegraphing a ton of them didn't help as well.

I really hope he gets his strength back, otherwise we are fucked.

DeezNutz
09-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I am probably wrong, but Franklin's arm strength looked like shit. I don't think Mizzou can compete in the SEC with a weak armed QB struggling to get the ball to the numbers or sideline. His passes just seemed to take forever to get out there, and telegraphing a ton of them didn't help as well.

I really hope he gets his strength back, otherwise we are ****ed.

His arm is average at best, and thus he relies on timing. He was off tonight. No way around it.

Great Expectations
09-08-2012, 10:02 PM
uh

Defense at least looked like it could hang in the SEC until they started getting banged up. Yost should probably pay attention to the best opponent, or Clowney is gonna ****ing destroy Franklin in 2 weeks.

That is the basis of old man football. Wear you down throughout the game and break it open late.

stonedstooge
09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
His arm is average at best, and thus he relies on timing. He was off tonight. No way around it.

I didn't see the first half, only heard it on the radio. Did Franklin get hit hard in the first half? He looked a little gun shy when I saw the second half on the tube.

qabbaan
09-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Everything in the first half was underneath, which only allowed Jones to own more. When we went to the middle of the field, even at intermediate depth, things opened up substantially, and the pass rush eased notably.

The entire offense and staff seemed timid to me, which is to be expected to a certain degree.

The juxtaposition of the fake punt/punt decisions is inexcusable. Absolutely ****ing stupid and decisions that defy common sense.

The game was much, much better and closer than the score, though. As others have said, depth and beef are needed on the lines.

Overall, Mizzou will be fine.

They should have run at him, I thought. But what do I know. At the college level you can't stop guys like that, you have to just work around them. He is going to get his.

The fake punt failing had a deflating effect for sure, but they pointed out on the post game that Missouri does convert most of the time on fakes. It's always going to look bad when it doesn't work, but you could also see that the wheels were getting loose at that point in the game and Pinkel had to swing back.

I'm not saying I would have done it, but I can see what he was doing there. Sometimes the bull gets you.

DeezNutz
09-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I didn't see the first half, only heard it on the radio. Did Franklin get hit hard in the first half? He looked a little gun shy when I saw the second half on the tube.

No, not really. Jones ran free, though. Constant pressure but few notable "hits." It's almost like the staff discovered that Jones was good through the course of the game, which is disconcerting.

Demonpenz
09-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Disconcerting should be that your QB can't put his helmet on very well and that they can't seem to snap the ball. Those need to be fixed.

BryanBusby
09-08-2012, 10:11 PM
That is the basis of old man football. Wear you down throughout the game and break it open late.

My monocle is popping off right now.

I suppose this could of been worse though. ULM beating Arkansas on the road still blows my mind.

CoMoChief
09-08-2012, 10:12 PM
MU's playcalling was notorious the first half. Credit to GA's defense, but Yost's playcalling was not good.

Pinkel's 4th n 11 fake punt was a giant head scratcher as well, and MU seemed to just fall apart after that.

MU may have the worst center in NCAA football. You can find high school guys that snap better than that.

BryanBusby
09-08-2012, 10:14 PM
MU may have the worst center in NCAA football.

Dudes gonna be starting Center for the Dallas Cowboys in a couple years.

DeezNutz
09-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Sometimes the bull gets you.

Indeed. The score isn't reflective of the overall game, and Georgia is pretty damn good.

"It's a process." (Usually a joke, but this time it's true.)

Reaper16
MU's playcalling was notorious the first half

Eh. Hindsight is 50/50.

Frazod
I think Pinkel deserves credit for getting us to the next level. Now we need somebody who can actually coach there.

He should be fitted for a pair of clown shoes after tonight. And that prick Yost needs to be dumped off back at whatever hippy commune they found him in. At least the defense was ready to play.

BryanBusby
09-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Lets not have an over-reaction meltdown now.

Trevo_410
09-08-2012, 10:16 PM
arizona state next weekend... time to pound some non-conf shit in during our off week... and rest up for USCe

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm somewhat encouraged, actually. The wheels fell off after Pinkel's atrocious fake punt call. Jones adjusted to what Mizzou's shambles of an o-line was doing to him and took over the game. That's what great defensive players will do to you: take you over.

A healthy Mizzou can absolutely hang with the SEC East's top teams, even snatch a victory every now and then. Mizzou can still be a 7 win team this year, and 8 wins aren't impossible if this young o-line gels together.Mizzou's line HAS to get healthier. It's not that the backups are bad, it's that we have NO depth (with all of the injuries). Our backup center was playing RT, leaving us with our third string center trying to block two 350 lb guys. He might hold up for a while, but that's asking a whole lot. If we can get Big Jack and Ruth back, we'll be better. Elvis may be a lost cause.

I'm still not sure how many wins we get, though. Look at Mizzou's schedule; there literally aren't any easy wins left. Our OOC is brutal.

Bewbies
09-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Indeed. The score isn't reflective of the overall game, and Georgia is pretty damn good.

"It's a process." (Usually a joke, but this time it's true.)

That game was way closer than the score. There isn't a UGA fan out there that wasn't shitting their pants for 3 quarters.

You'll get there, but the SEC is such a different style than the Big 12 it will take time to get your roster/style adjusted.

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2012, 10:18 PM
My monocle is popping off right now.

I suppose this could of been worse though. ULM beating Arkansas on the road still blows my mind.Kansas, evidently, lost to Rice.

Trevo_410
09-08-2012, 10:19 PM
feel sad for elvis... probably could've entered the draft last year and was expected 4rd-6th round draft pick.... now his career is most likely over...

DeezNutz
09-08-2012, 10:19 PM
That game was way closer than the score. There isn't a UGA fan out there that wasn't shitting their pants for 3 quarters.

You'll get there, but the SEC is such a different style than the Big 12 it will take time to get your roster/style adjusted.

Agreed. Good game and congrats on the win (I believe that you're a GA fan, no?).

Demonpenz
09-08-2012, 10:21 PM

I would agree with Georgia thinking about shitting their pants through three. There was glimpses of what Franklin and that offense can do. It can tear up anyone.

Bewbies
09-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Agreed. Good game and congrats on the win (I believe that you're a GA fan, no?).

Yeah, thanks!

BryanBusby
09-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Kansas, evidently, lost to Rice.

Charlie Weis should give up on his Head Coaching dreams and just come back, so he can mask the shittyness of Matt Cassel.

Demonpenz
09-08-2012, 10:24 PM
it would be hard to enforce, but the NCAA should look at players cramping or faking injuries doing the run of a drive. Because it looks like the insentive is too great not to try to do that when a team is on a drive.

Reaper16
09-08-2012, 10:25 PM
I also hatehatehate the new helmet rule. The NCAA is incentivizing players to rip helmets off.

Chocolate Hog
09-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I also hatehatehate the new helmet rule. The NCAA is incentivizing players to rip helmets off.

So is the rule that you can fair catch an onside kick if it bounces off the ground

BryanBusby
09-08-2012, 10:28 PM

I'm okay with the rule, but it needs to be amended to where players don't get pulled when opponents are ripping it off.

On another note, who the fuck green lighted that OneMizzou commercial?

DeezNutz
09-08-2012, 10:29 PM

Pivotal third down early in the game, and Franklin is forced off the field.

Absolute fucking joke in a weak attempt to gloss over the hypocrisy present in big-time football. "We care!"

"Next on 'Jacked-up...'"

Superturtle
09-08-2012, 10:30 PM
So is the rule that you can fair catch an onside kick if it bounces off the ground
The fuck? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the onside kick.

Chocolate Hog
09-08-2012, 10:31 PM
The fuck? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the onside kick.

Pretty much

ghak99
09-08-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm okay with the rule, but it needs to be amended to where players don't get pulled when opponents are ripping it off.

I believe, during tonight's game, they briefly mentioned a clause stating players can not intentionally try to remove an opponents helmet.

DeezNutz
09-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I believe, during tonight's game, they briefly mentioned a clause stating players can not intentionally try to remove an opponents helmet.

Yep. But good luck trying to enforce that with any type of accuracy and consistency.

Anyong Bluth
09-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Georgia was missing 2 of their key defensive starters, MU scores 10 with Rambo in there.

I believe it was 4 starters on Defense, not to mention kicking their star Rb off the team.

SEC is brutal and they're gonna need to really load up and get lucky with the big guys in the trenches otherwise their gonna be gassed at the ends of games frequently, not to mention spelling for injuries.

The Tigers were showing nicely against a top 10 team, and reminiscent of teams going to play in mile high's altitude back in the day, everything would be fine for 3 - 3.5 quarters, and then the visiting team started to look like they were playing in mud. Not the same reason but same effect I think hit mu.

ghak99
09-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Yep. But good luck trying to enforce that with any type of accuracy and consistency.

I agree. It's a shit rule, but I see why they want to protect the players.

Sooner or later it's going to have an influence on a big game.

Bewbies
09-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I believe it was 4 starters on Defense, not to mention kicking their star Rb off the team.

SEC is brutal and they're gonna need to really load up and get lucky with the big guys in the trenches otherwise their gonna be gassed at the ends of games frequently, not to mention spelling for injuries.

The Tigers were showing nicely against a top 10 team, and reminiscent of teams going to play in mile high's altitude back in the day, everything would be fine for 3 - 3.5 quarters, and then the visiting team started to look like they were playing in mud. Not the same reason but same effect I think hit mu.

Yeah, 2 LB's and 2 DB's (one is a first team all-american).

Superturtle
09-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Glad to know we didn't take advantage of that for most of the game. Fucking have Franklin run at their stalwart d line all night.

notorious
09-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Damnit, I had to fly back from Manhattan when the game was at 27-20. What happened?

Superturtle
09-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Franklin had a terrible 4th quarter. Whether it was his fault or not doesnt matter, turning the ball over twice and having tbe oponent start at inside your 5 both times will doom anyone.

notorious
09-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Franklin had a terrible 4th quarter. Whether it was his fault or not doesnt matter, turning the ball over twice and having tbe oponent start at inside your 5 both times will doom anyone.

Turnovers will always do that.

Thanks.

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2012, 10:16 AM
UGA FANS ARE THE WORST! (tigerboard)

Ok I want the "SEC fans are so welcoming and nice" bs to stop now. I hope all the other SEC schools act better than the GA fans. I saw several get kicked out for fighting and throwing things. And I am sorry but for a whole section of fans to flip off every member of the opposing team as they get introduced is classless. I would put them right on par with d-bag ku fans. I never had as much problem with any fan base in the big 12 other than the ku fans.

I love Tigerboard.

|Zach|
09-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I love Tigerboard.
Yea the place is the worst.

Reaper16
09-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Tigerboard needs to disappear from the internet and all of those awful, St. Louis-based posters there need to disappear from the Earth.

siberian khatru
09-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Tigerboard needs to disappear from the internet and all of those awful, St. Louis-based posters there need to disappear from the Earth.

Bad format, awful posters.

I still check in there sometimes to see what's going on, but I do most of my hanging-out at Rock M. Genuine analysis, much better brand of poster.

notorious
09-09-2012, 10:46 AM
The game I watched showed that Missouri absolutely belongs in the SEC. They played physical on the interior of the line, and showed speed.

They will be just fine.

Bewbies
09-09-2012, 10:48 AM
UGA FANS ARE THE WORST! (tigerboard)

I love Tigerboard.

Wait till Bama comes to town. LMAO

ghak99
09-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Wait till Bama comes to town. LMAO

I'm sure cultures are going to clash.... Might even be a teabagging or two.LMAO

I can't stand the tigerboard and it doesn't take much to for some of the Saints from Louis to get their panties in a wad.

Old Dog
09-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Pinkel..............He should be fitted for a pair of clown shoes

At least they would match those God-awful uniforms

Anyong Bluth
09-09-2012, 03:57 PM
The game I watched showed that Missouri absolutely belongs in the SEC. They played physical on the interior of the line, and showed speed.

They will be just fine.

Maybe not far off more like...

They certainly have it at the skill positions but they are is desperate need to add depth and talent to the line on both sides. They're gonna get worn out if there isn't greater depth of quality to keep guys fresh. Some highly rated lineman would be wise to talk less and produce more!

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Maybe not far off more like...

They certainly have it at the skill positions but they are is desperate need to add depth and talent to the line on both sides. They're gonna get worn out if there isn't greater depth of quality to keep guys fresh. Some highly rated lineman would be wise to talk less and produce more!If Missouri can get healthy on the O-line, our depth is fine. Playing your 3rd string center because your starter (the second string center) has to play tackle? Well, that kind of sucks.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Ktgr radio out of Columbia is reporting that Mizzou vs South Carolina is going to be on CBS.
Posted via Mobile Device

eazyb81
09-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Mizzou-South Carolina gets the premier CBS afternoon slot in week 4. Nice.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2012/sep/10/missouri-south-carolina-gets-cbs-afternoon-slot/

Pitt Gorilla
09-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Fisher likely done. Meiners still questionable. Gooden out for Saturday. Ick all the way around.

patteeu
09-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Fisher likely done.

What a sucky last two years of football for that guy. :shake:

MahiMike
09-10-2012, 02:25 PM
We're going to the Gators game. Anyone wanna go?

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Mizzou-South Carolina gets the premier CBS afternoon slot in week 4. Nice.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2012/sep/10/missouri-south-carolina-gets-cbs-afternoon-slot/

Didn't Wickedson said Mizzou would never get a game on CBS.

kepp
09-10-2012, 02:48 PM

Yes. He assured us that no major network had any interest in our games and that the SEC is already sorry they expanded.

CoMoChief
09-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Those uniforms are disgusting.

eazyb81
09-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Those uniforms are disgusting.

Your mom's vagina is gaping.

eazyb81
09-10-2012, 03:26 PM

Him or CoMo. I can never keep track of the various ku cum dumpsters.

qabbaan
09-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Too bad about the injuries.

I am proud of the way our guys played on Saturday. Up until the fake punt they were standing toe to toe with one of the top teams in the country and it looked for most of the game like Missouri might win.

For a team with a patchwork offensive line, against a front as good as Georgia's is, I think that was great. I just wished we could have lost in a less deflating way if we were going to lose because that was one of those classic cases where the scoreboard didn't tell the story of the game at all.

These guys will be fine.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes. He assured us that no major network had any interest in our games and that the SEC is already sorry they expanded.

The moment he said it you knew they'd get an early season game. The kid is always wrong.

WilliamTheIrish
09-10-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't remember exactly where Deliverance was filmed, but this picture was pretty hilarious.

Bewbies
09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't remember exactly where Deliverance was filmed, but this picture was pretty hilarious.

Beer is a helluva drug. LMAO

BourbonMan
09-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Notable changes to MU’s latest depth chart

The starting offensive line is as follows: Justin Britt (LT), Evan Boehm (LG), Brad McNulty (C), Max Copeland (RG), Mitch Morse (RT). Jack Meiners, a projected starter at right guard, remains questionable.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/10/3807512/notable-changes-to-mus-latest.html#storylink=cpy

kepp
09-11-2012, 01:21 PM
McNulty did a very commendable job being thrown into the fire like he was. We can't sustain any more long term injuries on the OL though.

kepp
09-11-2012, 01:21 PM

You got a purty tail

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 02:01 PM
McNulty did a very commendable job being thrown into the fire like he was. We can't sustain any more long term injuries on the OL though.

He did a hell of a lot better than Morse did, that's for sure.

I don't think I've ever see a center do that poor a job just getting the ball back to the QB. Franklin was lucky to get it within 4 feet of his numbers most of the time.

Well, welcome to the big time Mr. Boehm. I hope you're as good as advertised.

eazyb81
09-11-2012, 04:08 PM
The Mizzou-UGA game was ESPN2's highest-rated Saturday game in history.

ESPN2's prime-time telecast of Georgia at Missouri averaged a 2.4 US rating (2.8 coverage), 4,119,000 viewers and 2,726,000 households, making it the network's highest-rated and most-viewed Saturday regular-season college football game.

The SEC contest is ESPN2's second most-viewed and third highest-rated regular-season college football game on any day. ESPN2 averaged 4,137,000 viewers (a 2.5 US rating, 2.9 coverage and 2,894,000 households) for a Friday night Pittsburgh at West Virginia telecast in 2009 and a 2.5 US rating (3.1 coverage, 3,734,000 viewers and 2,768,000 households) for a Monday LSU at Tennessee matchup in 2005.

In addition to a large national rating, ESPN2's Georgia at Missouri telecast garnered significant local interest. It was the network's highest rated college football game in Atlanta and St. Louis ever, averaging an 18.4 metered market rating in Atlanta and 12.7 in St. Louis. The telecast was also the second highest rated college football game ever in Kansas City with a 14.0 metered market rating (Oklahoma St at Missouri on October 11, 2008 averaged a 15.0).

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2012/09/espn2-sets-saturday-record-abc-has-highest-rated-game-of-day-large-audience-for-espn/

Pitt Gorilla
09-11-2012, 04:13 PM
The game also netted Mizzou a commitment from a WR from...Georgia.

DJ's left nut
09-11-2012, 07:25 PM
The game also netted Mizzou a commitment from a WR from...Georgia.

Not gonna lie - I really do enjoy stealing guys away from Arkansas and we haven't even played them yet.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/09/11/georgia-qb-commits-to-new-sec-member-missouri/

That's going to be a really easy team to hate.

Reaper16
09-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Not gonna lie - I really do enjoy stealing guys away from Arkansas and we haven't even played them yet.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/09/11/georgia-qb-commits-to-new-sec-member-missouri/

That's going to be a really easy team to hate.

I feel compelled to leave this bit o' Arkansas craziness here:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IZ1BO0vAUD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NewChief
09-11-2012, 08:51 PM
I feel compelled to leave this bit o' Arkansas craziness here:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IZ1BO0vAUD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Q

and fuck you. :p

Reaper16
09-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Q

and fuck you. :p

Not quite a Q, as I knew it had already been posted and never intended that to be the first instance of the clip on this board.

It's the sort of thing that should be posted whenever any of us wants to talk shit on Arkansas.

NewChief
09-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Not quite a Q, as I knew it had already been posted and never intended that to be the first instance of the clip on this board.

It's the sort of thing that should be posted whenever any of us wants to talk shit on Arkansas.

Let me help you out with some more ammunition:

ULM.

Reaper16
09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Let me help you out with some more ammunition:

ULM.

:(

Your piss seems tepid right now at best.