PDA

View Full Version : MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

eazyb81
09-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Sounds like Fisher may be back soon, and Ruth could be back by November.

DJ's left nut
09-25-2012, 12:03 PM
The KC Star article on Franklin is not encouraging:

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/24/3832349/missouris-franklin-wants-to-cut.html

COLUMBIA -- In the moments after Missouri’s 31-10 thrashing against South Carolina on Saturday night, a somewhat subdued James Franklin was sure he would learn a few things from the game film.

On Monday, Franklin — who was slightly more upbeat and just as candid — stated what those things were.

“I could definitely tell from watching the film that I just wasn’t in the same rhythm and doing the things that I usually do in games,” said Franklin, MU’s quarterback. “It was definitely disappointing.”

In general, Franklin said, he was way too cautious, way too tentative and way too ineffective. He finished 11 of 18 for 92 yards passing, rushed 15 times for 6 yards and accounted for zero touchdowns.

“I didn’t realize it was so obvious until I was able to actually watch the film,” Franklin said.

Franklin’s performance Saturday was surely a far cry from last season, when he emerged as one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the nation by passing for 21 touchdowns and rushing for 15 more.

Of course, Franklin wasn’t dealing with the injuries then that he is now. He underwent surgery in the spring to repair a torn labrum he suffered in March and missed the Arizona State game on Sept. 15 because of a bursa sac in the same shoulder that became inflamed after he took a big hit against Georgia the week before.

Franklin said the shoulder again bothered him Saturday, adding that the pain he felt every time he threw the ball shook his confidence. This is not his first time he experienced shoulder pain — he said he felt some last year — but in the past, it always went away during games.

Not so this season.

“It’s almost like I’m worried about doing it (delivering throws) because the pain is going to be there and I doubt that I’ll be able to put something on this throw or make that type of throw,” Franklin said. “It’s more mental than physical.”

Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said Franklin can play better but added that the offense’s struggles — the Tigers gained 255 yards and reached the other side of the field only twice under Franklin’s direction — weren’t all on his quarterback.

“I think he’s doing OK,” Pinkel said. “Generally, any time you look at an offense, especially our offense, that is struggling, then you are going to point to the quarterback …(but) we look at the receivers, we look at the offense line, and all of the other aspects of it.

“I believe in him and expect him to get a lot better.”

Franklin said he appreciated his coach’s support and added that while the presence of backup Corbin Berkstresser — who led Missouri to a win against Arizona State in his absence — is pushing him to play better, several teammates have also been supportive despite his struggles.

“The guys, they were still being positive, (saying things) like ‘Don’t worry about it, you’ve just got to get back to your old self and just keep playing and feel comfortable and have fun,’ (that) kind of thing,” Franklin said. “I know there’s probably a few of them that are upset, but I know they did a good job of just uplifting me and letting me know to forget about it and move on to the next game.”

Franklin will begin that effort this week in practice, where he says he will make a concerted effort to get over the doubts that crept into his head last week because of the injury. The fact he made it through Saturday’s game is a start.

“Although it’s going to hurt, I know that hopefully — at least based on what it has shown in the past — it’s not going to get any worse,” Franklin said.

He also plans on reverting to his old running style of last season, the one that helped him gain almost 1,000 rushing yards. Pinkel maintained all offseason that Franklin, who repeatedly fought for extra yards and finished off his runs last season, needed to do a better job of picking his spots. But Franklin, a junior, is tired of playing it safe.

“I think I’m going to try to make an adjustment this week to not run dumb — I know that sounds pretty bad — but just kind of (get back to) how I used (run) and not necessarily just get a couple yards and duck down, but try to make more happen,” Franklin said.

That said, expect a more aggressive Franklin this week against Central Florida, both running and passing.

“That’s something I definitely want to fix because it’s obviously not working and I’m not really being productive from my position,” he said. “And if I’m not productive or at least doing things decent, then it really makes the offense struggle as a whole, and that’s something that we can’t have.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/24/3832349/missouris-franklin-wants-to-cut.html#storylink=cpy

I actually have a frayed labrum right now; it's creating a lot of tendinitis and inflammation in the shoulder and it hurts like crazy anytime I throw. I've had to move across the infield because I have to put a hump on the ball to get it across.

If he's feeling anything similar to what I'm feeling (and it kinda sounds like he is), there's no way he can be effective out there. The shoulder feels loose and fire shoots through it anytime you try to muscle up. The only thing you can do to keep it tolerable is to essentially flex the shoulder as you throw and give it more wrist/elbow snap to compensate for the decreased whip motion in the joint.

If this is honestly his labrum acting up again, he's toast. Even if he can fight through the pain, the velocity isn't going to be there.

BourbonMan
09-25-2012, 12:21 PM
We got a look from Gunner Kiel and ended up snagging the most prolific passer in HS football history last year.

I'd say we're already attracting interest from some of the top throwing QBs in the country, wouldn't you?

How 'bout we take DGB out of the bubble-wrap this week? Vandy shouldn't be able to apply the overwhelming pressure that's been keeping our routes short. Franklin should have time to look downfield if he wants to.

Lets send DGB on some go routes if nothing else and see if he can make a play on a ball or two. It's time to start using this kid if we have any interest in continuing to snag the high recruits. Don't think for a moment that the SEC HCs aren't going to use DGB against us in the recruiting wars if they don't start using him a little more.

Replace Franklin with Berkstresser and I would agree. IMO I think Berk has a sronger arm and a quicker release than Franklin.

eazyb81
09-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Replace Franklin with Berkstresser and I would agree. IMO I think Berk has a sronger arm and a quicker release than Franklin.

Pinkel's last three QBs at Mizzou are in the NFL, and he developed a ton of future NFL QBs at Washington. If he's not playing Berkstresser, there's likely a good reason why.

Saul Good
09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm concerned that our offensive line can't block for a go route, although I'd sure like to see us try it sometime.

A go route really doesn't take a lot of time. From a protection standpoint, it's relatively easy to block for.

duncan_idaho
09-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Pinkel's last three QBs at Mizzou are in the NFL, and he developed a ton of future NFL QBs at Washington. If he's not playing Berkstresser, there's likely a good reason why.

Probably because the kid:

Is inconsistent
Doesn't consistently make good decisions
Takes away a big part of the run game playbook

It's funny how people (especially on PowerMizzou) panic after one quarter season in which Missouri doesn't receive star quarterback play. The Tigers have had almost a decade of strong QB play under Pinkel, with the only exceptions being Year 1, Year 3, and the start of this season. That's a pretty amazing success rate.

Berkstresser has a big arm. But a big arm doesn't a magical offense make...

Frazod
09-25-2012, 01:43 PM

Is inconsistent

It's funny how people (especially on PowerMizzou) panic after one quarter season in which Missouri doesn't receive star quarterback play. The Tigers have had almost a decade of strong QB play under Pinkel, with the only exceptions being Year 1, Year 3, and the start of this season. That's a pretty amazing success rate.

Seems to me that the superior competition takes away a big part of the run game playbook. We need a big arm. This bringing a knife to a gunfight shit isn't working.

ChiefsCountry
09-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Franklin is the better QB, I just don't think he is healthy.

Saul Good
09-25-2012, 02:06 PM
The biggest concern I have isn't his health. It's that he took the snap and immediately stood flat-footed again. He should be beyond that by now. It's an entirely unathletic posture, and it slows down everything he does. If I were coaching, I'd have pulled him after the first play. The moment he does that shit, he needs to be benched for the series.

DeezNutz
09-25-2012, 02:09 PM

Is inconsistent

Franklin isn't a viable runner against SEC defenses.

Reaper16
09-25-2012, 02:11 PM
The biggest concern I have isn't his health. It's that he took the snap and immediately stood flat-footed again. He should be beyond that by now. It's an entirely unathletic posture, and it slows down everything he does. If I were coaching, I'd have pulled him after the first play. The moment he does that shit, he needs to be benched for the series.

Berks did it too against Arizona State. Until proven otherwise, I'm forced to conclude that the flat-footed stance is something that the quarterbacks coach is teaching Mizzou quarterbacks.

BourbonMan
09-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Berks did it too against Arizona State. Until proven otherwise, I'm forced to conclude that the flat-footed stance is something that the quarterbacks coach is teaching Mizzou quarterbacks.

hmmm..Interesting thought....Also think that Yost is designing plays to match Franklins strengths(which is the option of running)..maybe design the plays to match Berks strength(which is his arm, a true QB) and he would be better than Franklin.

Big Smoke
09-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Bustin in.

DJ's left nut
09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Franklin isn't a viable runner against SEC defenses.

I think that's the long and short of it.

In the SEC you have to be a passer or a runner - Franklin is some hybrid version where he is both but neither.

Newton and Tebow were winners because they were runners, elite, powerful runners. Franklin isn't that. He's not as strong, fast or agile as either of those 2.

Alternatively you can be a strong-armed passer like Bray, Wilson or Murray. Gabbert would have fit this mold. Berkstresser is close if he can develop his decisionmaking.

But Franklin strikes me as stuck in the middle and I don't think you can get away with that unless you're extremely accurate. Connor Shaw looks like that may be the type of QB he is. Chase Daniel could have been very similar to Shaw. You have to hope that Mauck is as well.

Oh, you can also have the most hellacious defense in the world like LSU or Bama and NFL talent everywhere but quarterback, that's one way to go about it.

I just don't see the hybrid passer thing working very well against this kind of competition.

Saul Good
09-25-2012, 02:30 PM

I didn't get to watch much of that game. Was it a constant thing? Your post gave me a sick feeling. I hadn't even considered that it could be institutional stupidity.

siberian khatru
09-25-2012, 02:34 PM
I think Franklin does that flat-footed thing more and/or more radically than other MU QBs. I remember last year (Franklin's first as a starter) my Dad mentioning to me how much that drove him nuts, and I agreed. If Daniel and Gabbert did it too, it sure didn't stick out nearly as much.

duncan_idaho
09-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Re: Run game vs. SEC defenses... with Missouri's trouble on the offensive line, that's going to be difficult under any circumstances. I'm a firm believer that even with a running QB, Missouri needs to add more triple option to its running game (Either from a two-back set, or from a areceiver in motion, or from a shovel pass on the backside, etc) to be successful running out of the zone read with any consistency.

Re: the flat-footed delivery...

That's something that's been around since Chase Daniel started at QB. I'm not sure what the reasoning is there or what the mechanic is, but it seems to be something they do when there is a pre-snap read dictating where to go (Seems to happen most vs. cover 3/on out patterns).

duncan_idaho
09-25-2012, 02:43 PM
I think that's the long and short of it.

In the SEC you have to be a passer or a runner - Franklin is some hybrid version where he is both but neither.

Newton and Tebow were winners because they were runners, elite, powerful runners. Franklin isn't that. He's not as strong, fast or agile as either of those 2.

Alternatively you can be a strong-armed passer like Bray, Wilson or Murray. Gabbert would have fit this mold. Berkstresser is close if he can develop his decisionmaking.

But Franklin strikes me as stuck in the middle and I don't think you can get away with that unless you're extremely accurate. Connor Shaw looks like that may be the type of QB he is. Chase Daniel could have been very similar to Shaw. You have to hope that Mauck is as well.

Oh, you can also have the most hellacious defense in the world like LSU or Bama and NFL talent everywhere but quarterback, that's one way to go about it.

I just don't see the hybrid passer thing working very well against this kind of competition.

Mauk is (reportedly) pretty accurate and has a pretty strong arm. His release is a little odd, but it's not bad.

He doesn't have the cannon Berkstresser does, but reports on their accuracy coming out of HS are quite different. Mauk is supposedly much more advanced (which makes sense, considering Berk had crap QB coaching until Thomas took over before his SR year).

Just don't know if Franklin is going to be healthy enough to be effective this year. The player we saw last year was certainly a powerful enough runner and an accurate enough passer to be successful, even in the SEC. But this year's version sees him running tentatively and checking down practically as soon as he gets the football.

DJ's left nut
09-25-2012, 02:52 PM
What I've read out of Mauk actually reminds me a bit of Colt McCoy.

Well, to be honest he reminds me a lot of Daniel, but that comparison just seems lazy.

duncan_idaho
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
What I've read out of Mauk actually reminds me a bit of Colt McCoy.

Well, to be honest he reminds me a lot of Daniel, but that comparison just seems lazy.

He's faster/more athletic/less chubby than Chase.

So he's got that going for him, which is nice...

DeezNutz
09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Adding to the problem is that the snaps, even when accurate, aren't crisp, accentuating any and all protection issues and speeding up the defense.

Mizzou has had success on quick slants and patterns to the middle of the field. And, FFS, the offense has to make some effort, any fucking effort, to stretch the field, even if it's just for show.

DJ's left nut
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
He's faster/more athletic/less chubby than Chase.

So he's got that going for him, which is nice...

Chase hauled ass for a fat kid.

DeezNutz
09-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Chase hauled ass for a fat kid.

I'm faster. /CP poster

patteeu
09-25-2012, 03:01 PM

Yeah, that was weird. You may be right, but I sure have no idea why anyone would coach that.

Saul Good
09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Did he do that stupid flip thing with the ball that Franklin does after catching the snap? I mean, as long as you're coaching terrible habits, you might as well coach them all.

Spott
09-25-2012, 07:51 PM
4 days away from seeing Mizzou play in person for the first time since I moved from KC in 99. :)

duncan_idaho
09-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Bump for Big Shel playing like a top 10 pick today...

Spott
09-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Saw this outside the stadium today and it seemed appropriate for this thread.

KcMizzou
09-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Bump for Big Shel playing like a top 10 pick today...That dude's a force.

beer bacon
09-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Sheldon is on pace for 86 tackles, 13 TFL, and 5 sacks. He also leads the team in QBH.

KcMizzou
09-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Is this his last year of eligibility? I know It might not matter.

We heard how good he was for ages. Now we're seeing it.

beer bacon
09-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Is this his last year of eligibility? I know It might not matter.

We heard how good he was for ages. Now we're seeing it.

He has another year if he wants it. If he keeps this up, I don't see how he won't be a first round pick. He's going to destroy the combine too.

KcMizzou
09-29-2012, 10:03 PM
He has another year if he wants it. If he keeps this up, I don't see how he won't be a first round pick. He's going to destroy the combine too.So....

You're saying there's a chance.

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2012, 10:06 PM
He's dominated all this year and the last part of last year as well. Of course, some will still claim he isn't doing enough.

duncan_idaho
09-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Recruiting update:

Removed Marcus Loud from the commit list. He visited Colorado this weekend and was quoted after the game as saying "he was done with Mizzou for now."

Not sure what the guy loves so much about Colorado (Pot?), but oh well.

Also, there were reports that Missouri got a commit from Darren Hambrick, the son of the former NFL player by the same name, but that isn't rock-solid yet. Might have been a premature report due to a misunderstanding.

Pitt Gorilla
09-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Missouri has played the 3rd toughest schedule to this point.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt12.htm

BourbonMan
10-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Elvis Fisher looks to return against Vandy

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/01/3843059/updates-on-fisher-and-gooden-murphy.html#storylink=cpy

KcMizzou
10-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Elvis Fisher looks to return against Vandy

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/01/3843059/updates-on-fisher-and-gooden-murphy.html#storylink=cpy

I was surprised to hear that. I thought we might not see him again.

Pitt Gorilla
10-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote from TJ Moe regarding injuries on the O-line:

"It's just hard to maintain. The defense is getting tired, but so is the offensive line, who is hanging on by a leg anyway. Half of them got knee problems. We got Jack, we got Elvis, we got a bunch of other guys you probably don't know about. They're just hanging on."

KcMizzou
10-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote from TJ Moe regarding injuries on the O-line:

"It's just hard to maintain. The defense is getting tired, but so is the offensive line, who is hanging on by a leg anyway. Half of them got knee problems. We got Jack, we got Elvis, we got a bunch of other guys you probably don't know about. They're just hanging on."

I love how Moe actually says things that mean something. Not just your typical sports cliches over and over.

DJ's left nut
10-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Recruiting update:

Removed Marcus Loud from the commit list. He visited Colorado this weekend and was quoted after the game as saying "he was done with Mizzou for now."

Not sure what the guy loves so much about Colorado (Pot?), but oh well.

Also, there were reports that Missouri got a commit from Darren Hambrick, the son of the former NFL player by the same name, but that isn't rock-solid yet. Might have been a premature report due to a misunderstanding.

Andy Bauer has also re-opened his recruiting, I hear.

Pitt Gorilla
10-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Clay Rhodes was offered by OU. He noted, however, that he is NOT re-opening his recruitment.

beer bacon
10-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Clay Rhodes was offered by OU. He noted, however, that he is NOT re-opening his recruitment.

He's gotten offers from OU and LSU in the last month. Not too bad for a kid from Kansas.

OmahaChief
10-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Great to hear the news that DGB, Torey Booze and Levi Copelin got popped for smoking weed in their car in the parkig lot. Stupid effin kids. All suspended one game.

Discuss Thrower
10-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Victimless crime.

kepp
10-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Great to hear the news that DGB, Torey Booze and Levi Copelin got popped for smoking weed in their car in the parkig lot. Stupid effin kids. All suspended one game.

:facepalm:

NewChief
10-04-2012, 12:35 PM

That really surprises me about DGB. I mean, I know that just about everyone and their dog smokes weed these days, but the entire story on him was always that he was a "high character" kid. I always thought he was like a squeaky clean son of a preacher's kid type.

OmahaChief
10-04-2012, 12:37 PM
That really surprises me about DGB. I mean, I know that just about everyone and their dog smokes weed these days, but the entire story on him was always that he was a "high character" kid. I always thought he was like a squeaky clean son of a preacher's kid type.

That makes two of us. I would have never expected this from him given all we read about him. I guess we should just expect all college aged kids to feel the need to get high. Great choice these guys made.

BourbonMan
10-04-2012, 12:39 PM

:banghead::banghead:....link please?

ghak99
10-04-2012, 12:40 PM

My god man, you didn't experience "daddy's little girl goes to college"?... at least a dozen times?

OmahaChief
10-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Evidentl, they were toking up in a Licoln Navigator....guess we really are members fo the SEC.

NewChief
10-04-2012, 12:41 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dgb+busted

OmahaChief
10-04-2012, 12:44 PM

http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2012/10/4/three-football-players-arrested-drug-charges/

duncan_idaho
10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Evidentl, they were toking up in a Licoln Navigator....guess we really are members fo the SEC.

Yeah. In a Navi, on the football parking lot (G, I think).

Silly for them to be doing that in a parked car (seriously). I won't get into "war on drugs/pot" comments here. A law is a law, and it was broken.

Would guess the Navigator belongs to Copelin (who's from a nice suburb and a pretty well-off family).

BourbonMan
10-04-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2012/10/4/three-football-players-arrested-drug-charges/

Thanx.

eazyb81
10-04-2012, 01:09 PM

There was supposedly a picture floating around of him and a group smoking on a blunt during his Arky visit.

Honestly I think probably 90% of D1 football and basketball players smoke these days.

Frazod
10-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Here's the story from the Columbia Tribune.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/oct/04/green-beckham-among-three-tigers-arrested-marijuan/

FML

Hopefully they'll suspend him for the Alabama game, since it wouldn't matter if we had 10 DGB's on the roster for that cuisinart of doom.

But, it'll probably be Vanderbilt, which will make a huge difference.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2012, 01:35 PM

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/oct/04/green-beckham-among-three-tigers-arrested-marijuan/

FML

Hopefully they'll suspend him for the Alabama game, since it wouldn't matter if we had 10 DGB's on the roster for that cuisinart of doom.

It damn well shouldn't.

If we need DGB to beat Vandy, we're in a world of shit.

With Lucas, Moe, Sasser and Hunt, we should be in fine shape from a WR standpoint.

I'd gladly swap DGB for Fisher right now and that's essentially what we got.

BourbonMan
10-04-2012, 01:39 PM

FML

Green-Beckham and the other two players, who are expected to take redshirt seasons, were suspended for Saturdayís home game against Vanderbilt.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/04/3847931/mus-green-beckham-two-others-arrested.html#storylink=cpy

kstater
10-04-2012, 01:49 PM
T's and P's to the youngsters addicted to drugs at Missouri.

CoMoChief
10-04-2012, 02:03 PM
He was probably hanging out w/ Jason Simpson.....that turn still hangs out in CoMo on the weekends.

OmahaChief
10-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Add Harold Brantly and Brandon Holifield to the list in the car and suspended. They were not arrested though for some reason.

siberian khatru
10-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah. In a Navi, on the football parking lot (G, I think).

Silly for them to be doing that in a parked car (seriously). I won't get into "war on drugs/pot" comments here. A law is a law, and it was broken.

Would guess the Navigator belongs to Copelin (who's from a nice suburb and a pretty well-off family).

According to university police, vehicle was registered to DGB.

duncan_idaho
10-04-2012, 02:33 PM
According to university police, vehicle was registered to DGB.

Interesting, but unless it's a new vehicle, not that interesting.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm just going to pretend I don't have any sort of Ricky Clemons concerns right now...

Frazod
10-04-2012, 02:49 PM
T's and P's to the youngsters addicted to drugs at Missouri.

Unlike you, who was just smoking cock at that age.

OnTheWarpath58
10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Until last week, Yost acted like he wasn't part of the team anyway. I can't imagine he'll be missed against Vandy.

Frazod
10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
It damn well shouldn't.

If we need DGB to beat Vandy, we're in a world of shit.

With Lucas, Moe, Sasser and Hunt, we should be in fine shape from a WR standpoint.

I'd gladly swap DGB for Fisher right now and that's essentially what we got.

Hope you're right. Right now our offense is Casselian.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Hope you're right. Right now our offense is Casselian.

It's going to take more than DGB to fix that.

It appears the coaches have no faith in Franklin's ability to stand in the face of a rush and make his progressions (nor should they).

To get this offense on track, Franklin will have to show that he's capable of waiting for the routes to develop, the O-Line will have to give him a little time to prove that and the coaching staff will have to buy that he's going to be able to continue doing that with some consistency.

I really do think the staff would like to open up the game plan a bit, but Franklin's skittish nature in the pocket is preventing it (as is the scattershot arm). Perhaps if the make-shift line can give him a few easy throws, it will build his confidence and he can start getting the staff to believe in him a little bit more.

It's a pretty nasty combination of shortcomings that are hurting us right now, though.

siberian khatru
10-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Interesting, but unless it's a new vehicle, not that interesting.

It's a 2004.

kepp
10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I thought that the staff didn't allow freshmen to have cars...read it somewhere.

duncan_idaho
10-04-2012, 03:59 PM
It's a 2004.

7-10K dollars unless it is extremely low miles. Well within the Beckhams' means.

I remember when a guy I worked with (ku fan) was up in arms because Maclin was driving a newer Nissan Altima and was sure that was a sign that he was paid to go to Mizzou.

siberian khatru
10-04-2012, 04:03 PM
7-10K dollars unless it is extremely low miles. Well within the Beckhams' means.

Yup. Either that, or we've got pretty shitty boosters. :D

eazyb81
10-06-2012, 12:06 PM
"I think people were just excited to not only see new venues, but to learn about the SEC's traditions and rivalries," Kelly said. "How many times in one life should someone be subject to go to Manhattan (Kansas) or Ames (Iowa)? Good grief! I just look at the November schedule. Missouri plays back-to-back weekends at Florida and Tennessee Ö should be pretty good places for fans to travel."

Bwhahahahahaha

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121006/SPORTS0602/310060024/2082?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

Ebolapox
10-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I apologize in advance for the spam. I'm selling my student ticket for the alabama game--shoot me a PM and we can talk price/arrange the pickup. it's technically a student ticket, but if you have a MU ID of any sort, it'll get you into the student section.

WilliamTheIrish
10-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Mike Kelly is so mean.

Pitt Gorilla
10-12-2012, 09:06 PM
3-Star Marietta (GA) Lassiter QB Eddie Printz Jr has committed to Missouri per PowerMizzou. Awesome, awesome get for Missouri.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Also saw on Twitter today we offered to Monte Harrison, wide receiver from Lee's Summit West.

Pitt Gorilla
10-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Per PowerMizzou, Missouri picked up a commitment from West Florida Tech three-star DE Nate Crawford.

Reaper16
10-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Alabama peeps were really disappointed in Mizzou's gameday atmosphere. They excused the baseball-centered night before the game for obvious reasons, but they by and large couldn't justify what the felt was a significant lack of tailgating.

WilliamTheIrish
10-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Alabama peeps were really disappointed in Mizzou's gameday atmosphere. They excused the baseball-centered night before the game for obvious reasons, but they by and large couldn't justify what the felt was a significant lack of tailgating.

Tough to tailgate when the rain falls in sheets.

Reaper16
10-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Tough to tailgate when the rain falls in sheets.

You've never seen an SEC tailgate then. Tent cities.

Besides, it wasn't even raining hard at 10am (and if there's anything I've learned about SEC tailgating/gamedaying its that if you aren't milling about by 10am then you're going to look like a n00b).

WilliamTheIrish
10-13-2012, 11:04 PM

Besides, it wasn't even raining hard at 10am (and if there's anything I've learned about SEC tailgating/gamedaying its that if you aren't milling about by 10am then you're going to look like a n00b).

No, I haven't. Sorry. I suspect it's similat to what we do when the Chiefs play.

I'm in CA. I just saw the rain pouring during the game and a girl I know who was there texted me and said about 30% of the crowd got the hell out just before the delay was called. And from the looks of it, most did not return.

Although it's been years since I've been to Faurot Field (my last forays were 98 and 00) I didn't spend much time in the parking lot. The place wasn't real friendly to KSU folks when we were winning.

bandwagonjumper
10-14-2012, 04:20 AM
3-Star Marietta (GA) Lassiter QB Eddie Printz Jr has committed to Missouri per PowerMizzou. Awesome, awesome get for Missouri.

Isn't it cute when fans get exited about 3-Stars recruits. And this being the golden age of Missouri Football.LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Will you SEC boys keep me apprised of Michael Fanning's fate after that belly to back suplex he put on your RB?

That was a dirty as fuck play and I'd like to see the fucking cunt suspended. I was glad to see the MU OLinemen trash him on the two following plays.

The guy is 6'7" and 300# as a true frosh. Fucking animal.

bowener
10-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Will you SEC boys keep me apprised of Michael Fanning's fate after that belly to back suplex he put on your RB?

That was a dirty as fuck play and I'd like to see the fucking cunt suspended. I was glad to see the MU OLinemen trash him on the two following plays.

The guy is 6'7" and 300# as a true frosh. Fucking animal.

And more than likely dumber than a fence post.

duncan_idaho
10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Isn't it cute when fans get exited about 3-Stars recruits. And this being the golden age of Missouri Football.LMAO

Golden Age of Missouri football is still the Dan Devine era, though this is the next-best one.

As for Printz... he's an awesome get because he gives Missouri QB depth in this class, something I think they have to focus on moving forward (considering the injury problems with Franklin this year and inadequate play from Berkstresser.

He's also a pretty good player. Very productive in a tough football district, good size, good arm strength. He's also very intelligent.

Saul Good
10-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Golden Age of Missouri football is still the Dan Devine era, though this is the next-best one.

As for Printz... he's an awesome get because he gives Missouri QB depth in this class, something I think they have to focus on moving forward (considering the injury problems with Franklin this year and inadequate play from Berkstresser.

He's also a pretty good player. Very productive in a tough football district, good size, good arm strength. He's also very intelligent.

It's also important because it's a solid recruit in a new territory for us.

|Zach|
10-18-2012, 03:36 AM

They can have their pageants that is fine.

theelusiveeightrop
10-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Really looking forward to SEC road game tour. Big 12 road games were becoming routine. Big 12 friendliest were in Lincoln. Worst? Lawrence, but what would one expect. Finances tight this year. Hope to start SEC tour next year.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2012, 10:26 AM

Vandy was perfect weather and the tailgating was crap. I was a little disappointed, to tell you the truth.

Part of the problem right now is that there just isn't a tailgating 'area'. The parking lots are spread out around the stadium and there's no central location like The Grove.

That and the fact that Mizzou has a long LONG way to go to build the tradition that the boys in 'Bama are used to seeing. I'm not sure what they expected to see on the first go-round, in the rain and with the football team struggling pretty badly right now.

Discuss Thrower
10-18-2012, 02:07 PM
SEC schedule released..

Oct. 5 at Vanderbilt
Oct. 12 at Georgia
Oct. 19 FLORIDA
Oct. 26 SOUTH CAROLINA
Nov. 2 TENNESSEE
Nov. 9 at Kentucky
Nov. 23 at Ole Miss
Nov. 30 TEXAS A&M

DJ's left nut
10-18-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm honestly reluctant to even get excited about that.

I should be - it's a very doable schedule.

But we're just getting our ass kicked as a matter of course right now and until I see something from this team to suggest that they're ready for prime time, I'm going to have to withhold judgment.

Discuss Thrower
10-18-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't get why Arkansas isn't on the schedule..

DJ's left nut
10-18-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't get why Arkansas isn't on the schedule..

Evidently A&M remains the cross-conference rival until otherwise noted.

|Zach|
10-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Vandy was perfect weather and the tailgating was crap. I was a little disappointed, to tell you the truth.

Part of the problem right now is that there just isn't a tailgating 'area'. The parking lots are spread out around the stadium and there's no central location like The Grove.

That and the fact that Mizzou has a long LONG way to go to build the tradition that the boys in 'Bama are used to seeing. I'm not sure what they expected to see on the first go-round, in the rain and with the football team struggling pretty badly right now.

At what point are we all just going to be able to enjoy football instead of trying to seek validation for the dog and pony show and the pageants the SEC is so proud of. I would love to get past all of this nonsense.

duncan_idaho
10-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Evidently A&M remains the cross-conference rival until otherwise noted.

New cross-division rival schedules are supposed to start in 2014. So we'll see Arkansas then.

Personally, I'm pretty "Meh" about that. Starting the series this year or next year seems to make no difference. But I'm also not as fired up to play Arkie as some Mizzou fans are...

Zach - You touched on something I agree with completely. I don't give a flying f*** if the other SEC fanbases:

1) Accept Mizzou
2) Like Mizzou
3) Think our tailgating is "SEC worthy"
4) Think we belong

I think WAY too many Missouri fans (especially on PowerMizzou) have been too quick to hit their knees in front of every SEC fan they meet. Who CARES what they think of us.

Screw 'em.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2012, 03:51 PM
At what point are we all just going to be able to enjoy football instead of trying to seek validation for the dog and pony show and the pageants the SEC is so proud of. I would love to get past all of this nonsense.

I really think that point came after Georgia fans where still raging cockholsters at Faurot and we still took shit from the frat boys from GA that were upset we didn't wear suits to a football game.

I'm content doing our own thing at this point.

That said, the tailgating scene was still lousy at Vandy (and I was at a wedding for Bama so I can't speak to it).

It's not an SEC thing, I'm an Arrowhead disciple - I have expectations of tailgating that aren't being met by Mizzou right now.

|Zach|
10-18-2012, 04:07 PM
I really think that point came after Georgia fans where still raging cockholsters at Faurot and we still took shit from the frat boys from GA that were upset we didn't wear suits to a football game.

I'm content doing our own thing at this point.

That said, the tailgating scene was still lousy at Vandy (and I was at a wedding for Bama so I can't speak to it).

It's not an SEC thing, I'm an Arrowhead disciple - I have expectations of tailgating that aren't being met by Mizzou right now.

I think the physical layout is such that its just...its tough. Travis Clay talked a lot about it on his first trip to Farout he basically said its good but not great but the way the whole place comes together makes it a larger challenge than most places.

BourbonMan
10-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Frustrated Yost works to get MUís offense in gear

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/25/3885634/frustrated-yost-works-to-get-mus.html#storylink=cpy

BourbonMan
10-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Richardson named SEC defensive lineman of the week

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/29/3890826/richardson-named-sec-defensive.html#storylink=cpy

kepp
10-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Richardson named SEC defensive lineman of the week

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/29/3890826/richardson-named-sec-defensive.html#storylink=cpy

That's a pretty big accomplishment in the SEC.

Reaper16
10-29-2012, 05:05 PM
This is the most embarrassing thing to happen all season long: http://store.cstv.com/store_contents.cfm?store_id=51&dept_id=-2&product_id=228918&partner_ID=19863

http://store.cstv.com/store/Vendor51/500/3701022-z.jpg

Chocolate Hog
10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
This is the most embarrassing thing to happen all season long: http://store.cstv.com/store_contents.cfm?store_id=51&dept_id=-2&product_id=228918&partner_ID=19863

ROFL

Sure-Oz
10-29-2012, 05:21 PM
God why

Saulbadguy
10-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Good cultural fit.

Frazod
10-29-2012, 06:47 PM
To be fair, Georgia did the same thing when they beat us.

However, stooping to that level of douchery is deeply embarrassing. :facepalm:

KC_Connection
10-29-2012, 07:14 PM

WTF

Saul Good
10-29-2012, 07:21 PM
WTF

I don't think KU would print a shirt if they beat a D-1 team. I think they'd throw a parade.

BourbonMan
10-29-2012, 08:19 PM
MU football notebook: Franklin will start against Florida

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/29/3891415/mu-football-notebook-franklin.html#storylink=cpy

KC_Connection
10-29-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't think KU would print a shirt if they beat a D-1 team. I think they'd throw a parade.
Didn't they already do that this year? I can't remember one terrible season from another.

Chocolate Hog
10-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Didn't they already do that this year? I can't remember one terrible season from another.

You would know if you followed football

Saul Good
10-29-2012, 09:41 PM

Nope

KC_Connection
10-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Nope
That's a shame. Well, there's always next season.

BourbonMan
11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
MUís Justin Britt out for the season

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/05/3901787/mus-justin-britt-out-for-rest.html#storylink=cpy

BourbonMan
11-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Boehm is a quick study on Missouriís offensive line

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/08/3907692/boehm-is-a-quick-study-on-missouris.html#storylink=cpy

Sully
11-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Boehm is a quick study on Missouri’s offensive line

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/08/3907692/boehm-is-a-quick-study-on-missouris.html#storylink=cpy

Saw him, Mauk, and another player at a high school game earlier thus week, signing autographs.

patteeu
11-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Saw him, Mauk, and another player at a high school game earlier thus week, signing autographs.

Are you living back in the KC area again?

BourbonMan
11-10-2012, 04:06 PM
WOW...Ugly game...but ..WOW...4 Overtimes.

Sure-Oz
11-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Hell of a win. Franklin came up big in the 2nd half

Frazod
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm watching the second half now. Glad I recorded it when I went out to run errands earlier.

BourbonMan
11-10-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm watching the second half now. Glad I recorded it when I went out to run errands earlier.

Oops...Sorry I spoiled for you.

Frazod
11-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Oops...Sorry I spoiled for you.

No worries - I already knew they won.

Ebolapox
11-10-2012, 04:49 PM
where the fuck has that franklin been all year?!?

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2012, 04:50 PM
where the **** has that franklin been all year?!?pretty clearly injured.

Ebolapox
11-10-2012, 04:51 PM
pretty clearly injured.

yeah, that's clearly the most logical answer.

Spott
11-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Damn good win, too bad it wasn't on tv in SEC land. Wish Franklin would have played half that good last week when I was in Gainesville and we could have thumped UF, too.

KcMizzou
11-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Damn good win, too bad it wasn't on tv in SEC land. Wish Franklin would have played half that good last week when I was in Gainesville and we could have thumped UF, too.I think Pitt has it right, he just hasn't been 100%.

He was money in the 2nd half and OT today, though.

Also, I'm friggin' stoked about what we'll see from DGB in the future. He's young and raw, but you can see that they trust him now in crucial situations. (Trow to DGB in the end zone, difficult.. but should have been caught. Next play, they go right back to him... TD Tigers)

crispystl420
11-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Franklin was great in the second half and OT. I can't recall ever seeing him throw the ball like that. He still wasn't running worth a shit but i'll chalk that up to injury.

KcMizzou
11-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Franklin was great in the second half and OT. I can't recall ever seeing him throw the ball like that. He still wasn't running worth a shit but i'll chalk that up to injury.Gotta give the kid props, he bounced back in a big way. He took a ton of heat last week.

crispystl420
11-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Gotta give the kid props, he bounced back in a big way. He took a ton of heat last week.

Can you ever remember a game where he threw the ball so well?

DeezNutz
11-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Great rebound by Franklin today. Team showed a lot of heart.

Saul Good
11-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Can you ever remember a game where he threw the ball so well?

North Carolina

Saul Good
11-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Franklin was great in the second half and OT. I can't recall ever seeing him throw the ball like that. He still wasn't running worth a shit but i'll chalk that up to injury.

43 yards rushing

crispystl420
11-10-2012, 05:54 PM
North Carolina

Hmmm I watched that game but I don't remember him throwing as well as he did today. That doesn't mean shit though, because most days I can't even remember where I left my keys the night before.

beer bacon
11-10-2012, 06:12 PM

He was fine running the ball on scrambles. Our designed QB runs aren't fooling anybody in the SEC.

ghak99
11-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Can't believe I missed it!

Was watching the box score on the Iphone ESPN app. I knew as soon as I read "fumble on the 2" I was about to miss a game I needed to be watching. Totally killed the battery trying to keep up with the OTs.

For those of you who watched it, is he just getting healthy or did he look like he's more motivated than before?

Chocolate Hog
11-10-2012, 06:26 PM
1 more win to be bowl eligible but both games will be tough

Frazod
11-10-2012, 06:29 PM

Best he's looked for a long, long time. Last week he fucked the entire team, this week he carried them on his back. Certainly a step in the right direction.

One more win to get a bowl. It'll be a shitty bowl, but at least this year we'll deserve it.

KcMizzou
11-10-2012, 06:31 PM
1 more win to be bowl eligible but both games will be toughYeah, wtf's up with Syracuse? They just crushed a top 10 team.

Saul Good
11-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, wtf's up with Syracuse? They just crushed a top 10 team.

Louisville is a fraud.

patteeu
11-11-2012, 06:28 AM
where the **** has that franklin been all year?!?

Playing against teams that have decent defensive backfields. Tennessee's DBs were garbage and their pass rush didn't seem much better.

My question is what took the Mizzou coaches so long to go downfield?

notorious
11-11-2012, 08:10 AM
I knew you guys would compete in the SEC. When you guys add depth you will get even better.

Frazod
11-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Playing against teams that have decent defensive backfields. Tennessee's DBs were garbage and their pass rush didn't seem much better.

They probably forgot it was possible.

Bowser
11-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Much like Brian Dabolll, Yost thinks completion percentage is what makes a good quarterback.

DeezNutz
11-11-2012, 11:17 AM
In many ways, this season has been a dumpster fire for Mizzou. However, it's still pretty damn impressive that they're a home win away from bowl eligibility.

If dumpster fire = still going bowling, the program is in pretty good shape on the whole.

Saul Good
11-11-2012, 11:47 AM
In many ways, this season has been a dumpster fire for Mizzou. However, it's still pretty damn impressive that they're a home win away from bowl eligibility.

If dumpster fire = still going bowling, the program is in pretty good shape on the whole.

The Tigers have lost one game we expected to win and won one that was a toss-up. I don't know that the season has been as bad as people are saying. It's just that the East has been MUCH better than expected.

Saul Good
11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Sheldon is out for Syracuse...suspended.

DeezNutz
11-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Sheldon is out for Syracuse...suspended.

Richardson? WTF are you talking about? Link?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Saul Good
11-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Richardson? WTF are you talking about? Link?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Gabe DeArmond

DJ's left nut
11-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Nick Ramirez has re-opened recruiting.

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

That was a great pickup and we're likely going to lose him because Yost can't run an offense and Steckel still hasn't figured out that Randy Ponder is getting the shit kicked out of him by Alec Lemon.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!

What an absolute goddamn disaster that Syracuse game was. Everyone should lose their jobs after that spectacle.

I don't care if they shit-can the whole lot. I've defended all of those schlubs at some point throughout their careers (except for Yost...he's just ghastly), but I'm done. That was the most miserably disgraceful coaching performance I've ever seen.

That game was bad enough to cost us arguably our best recruit. And yes, it's probably going to cost us more because we aren't making a bowl game now.

And, and double fuck you to Gary Pinkel for not having the stones to throw Richardson off the team after he let his teammates down. It's senior day and our best bet for a bowl berth and that dumbass gets suspended because he didn't want to do back-boards to make up for missing class.

If that's not a huge fuck you to your teammates, then nothing is. "Nah, I don't want to do extra work so I'm just going to get myself suspended instead...good luck on Saturday, fellas."

Pinkel could've at least earned some points back by throwing that shitheel off the squad. But no, he'll be welcomed back for the thrashing in College Station.

Fuck you, Pinkel. Fuck you Steckel and fuck you football for kicking us so squarely in the dick over the last 3 months.

siberian khatru
11-20-2012, 02:43 PM
If that's not a huge **** you to your teammates, then nothing is. "Nah, I don't want to do extra work so I'm just going to get myself suspended instead...good luck on Saturday, fellas."

The best part was his Tweet when Lemon scored the winning touchdown: "WTF!!!!"

As in, "Jeez, guys, how can you let them come back like that?"

Yeah, I'd have suspended him for TAMU as well.

Chocolate Hog
11-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Nick Ramirez has re-opened recruiting.

That was a great pickup and we're likely going to lose him because Yost can't run an offense and Steckel still hasn't figured out that Randy Ponder is getting the shit kicked out of him by Alec Lemon.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!

What an absolute goddamn disaster that Syracuse game was. Everyone should lose their jobs after that spectacle.

I don't care if they shit-can the whole lot. I've defended all of those schlubs at some point throughout their careers (except for Yost...he's just ghastly), but I'm done. That was the most miserably disgraceful coaching performance I've ever seen.

That game was bad enough to cost us arguably our best recruit. And yes, it's probably going to cost us more because we aren't making a bowl game now.

And, and double **** you to Gary Pinkel for not having the stones to throw Richardson off the team after he let his teammates down. It's senior day and our best bet for a bowl berth and that dumbass gets suspended because he didn't want to do back-boards to make up for missing class.

If that's not a huge **** you to your teammates, then nothing is. "Nah, I don't want to do extra work so I'm just going to get myself suspended instead...good luck on Saturday, fellas."

Pinkel could've at least earned some points back by throwing that shitheel off the squad. But no, he'll be welcomed back for the thrashing in College Station.

**** you, Pinkel. **** you Steckel and **** you football for kicking us so squarely in the dick over the last 3 months.

Yeah but he's visiting Purdue lol

ChiefMojo
11-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Kansas State and Ohio State likely Mizzou's biggest competition for Rameriz.

siberian khatru
11-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor

Just got off the phone with LSW LB Nick Ramirez. Seems intent on going to college with best friend & four-star teammate Jamone Boyd. #Mizzou

Boyd and Ramirez both attended #Mizzou's 31-27 loss to Syracuse. Ramirez says the loss was disappointing, but he's still considering MU

Ramirez said Staley QB Trent Hosick - who helped convince him to commit to #Mizzou in April - texted him today, said he understood.

Ramirez once said he sees himself in the Big 10 or SEC, but he's considering K-State b/c of their success. He likes Purdue b/c of academics.

ChiefMojo
11-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Thing is Boyd will have to go JUCO first.

siberian khatru
11-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Thing is Boyd will have to go JUCO first.

Yeah, I've seen that too.

Also:

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor

I don't know where Boyd stands, personally. But when asked if his buddy's recruitment "is up in the air," Ramirez said it was. #Mizzou

DJ's left nut
11-20-2012, 03:29 PM
There just aren't enough middle fingers to go around right now.

It seems impossible for a single game to be a bigger clusterfuck, especially a non-con game.

MU embarrassed the hell out of themselves last weekend.

Chocolate Hog
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
It's 18 year old kids your program shouldn't have to rely on a few recruits to make or break them as long as your coach has a good system in place.

Frazod
11-20-2012, 05:05 PM
I still can't believe Pinkel suspended Richardson. Is Richardson a selfish moron? Yep. But he also knows he's going to be a millionaire in a few months, and doesn't give a fuck about going to class. Wow, big shock there. But you've got his services available for TWO more games, one of which you know you're going to lose whether he plays or not, and you need ONE more win to get a bowl. Brilliant time for our drunk driving douche of a coach to take the moral high road. No Richardson means no pass rush, which totally exposes the shitty secondary, which put up the most hideous display of failure I've seen since the Colts/Chiefs 2003 playoff game. Only the idiot quarterback of cocksucking Syracuse ain't Peyton Manning. :shake:

In the end, though, these idiots don't deserve a bowl game - they probably just get beat anyway. One more game and this part of the shittiest fall for football I can remember is over.

I sure hope some heads roll on the coaching staff. Frankly, they can all fucking roll as far as I'm concerned.

CoMoChief
11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
I think MU would have had a much better team if Franklin wasn't such a bitch and Josey wasn't injured. Too bad he won't ever be the same guy again...he was pretty electric on the football field.

Frazod
11-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah, one more year of Cassel Jr. FML :facepalm:

LiveSteam
11-20-2012, 05:54 PM
I still can't believe Pinkel suspended Richardson. Is Richardson a selfish moron? Yep. But he also knows he's going to be a millionaire in a few months, and doesn't give a fuck about going to class. Wow, big shock there. But you've got his services available for TWO more games, one of which you know you're going to lose whether he plays or not, and you need ONE more win to get a bowl. Brilliant time for our drunk driving douche of a coach to take the moral high road. No Richardson means no pass rush, which totally exposes the shitty secondary, which put up the most hideous display of failure I've seen since the Colts/Chiefs 2003 playoff game. Only the idiot quarterback of cocksucking Syracuse ain't Peyton Manning. :shake:

In the end, though, these idiots don't deserve a bowl game - they probably just get beat anyway. One more game and this part of the shittiest fall for football I can remember is over.

I sure hope some heads roll on the coaching staff. Frankly, they can all fucking roll as far as I'm concerned.

That rant was fucking AWESOME!

LiveSteam
11-20-2012, 05:55 PM
I still think Tigers get it together. It my take 1 more year though.

CoMoChief
11-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I still think Tigers get it together. It my take 1 more year though.

That Dline will be downright laughable next season in the SEC if Richardson leaves for the NFL.

LiveSteam
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
That Dline will be downright laughable next season in the SEC if Richardson leaves for the NFL.

My thinking was recruiting & keeping most all of the great high school football players that come out of Missouri, in Missouri. Nebraska made a living taking those kids away from home.

Saul Good
11-24-2012, 10:14 AM

Our D-line will be a strength even without him, but when have you ever been right about anything?

duncan_idaho
11-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I still can't believe Pinkel suspended Richardson. Is Richardson a selfish moron? Yep. But he also knows he's going to be a millionaire in a few months, and doesn't give a **** about going to class. Wow, big shock there. But you've got his services available for TWO more games, one of which you know you're going to lose whether he plays or not, and you need ONE more win to get a bowl. Brilliant time for our drunk driving douche of a coach to take the moral high road. No Richardson means no pass rush, which totally exposes the shitty secondary, which put up the most hideous display of failure I've seen since the Colts/Chiefs 2003 playoff game. Only the idiot quarterback of cocksucking Syracuse ain't Peyton Manning. :shake:

I sure hope some heads roll on the coaching staff. Frankly, they can all ****ing roll as far as I'm concerned.

I hear you. I understand what Pinkel was saying, but for a guy who isn't accomplishing the goals outlined for him by his boss (to get to avoid being FORCED to make changes), it was a weird decision.

Pinkel was told he had to get to 7-5 to be able to keep his staff intact. SInce he hasn't...

Bruce Walker and Brian Jones are almost CERTAINLY gone. Nice guys, but poor recruiters and only OK coaches don't survive in the SEC.

Dave Yost MIGHT be safe if he and Pinkel will accept him being demoted and a new OC being given complete control of the offense.

Cornell Ford is a good recruiter and an OK coach. He is questionable, but his ties to key St. Louis spots would make him a tough cut. If you feel like you can line up a guy like Mike Jones as a position coach, you probably can do this.

Andy Hill is safe. His position consistently features the best performance of any Mizzou position (WR) and he is an excellent recruiter in the KC area.

Josh Henson is safe. He's a great recruiter and great coach.

Alex Grinch is Pinkel's nephew, but he seems to have done a decent job on the recruiting trail and is a pretty good position coach to the casual eye (safety play has been much better this year, even from Matt White). Not sure where he would slot.

duncan_idaho
11-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Our D-line will be a strength even without him, but when have you ever been right about anything?

I'm concerned about the interior (Hoch will be solid and I think a healthy Vincent will, too. Depth is a concern here, though), but they should be pretty good on the ends with Sam and Ealy, and Ray off the bench.

There are going to be a lot of question marks on defense, though.

Mosbonian
11-24-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm concerned about the interior (Hoch will be solid and I think a healthy Vincent will, too. Depth is a concern here, though), but they should be pretty good on the ends with Sam and Ealy, and Ray off the bench.

There are going to be a lot of question marks on defense, though.

duncan:

I'd be interested in getting your take on this year....while I am disappointed overall, it has been a year where MU has had a much stronger schedule so expecting a great year out of this first season might have been a stretch.

We've played Alabama, FL, GA, South Carolina and this game today against aTm.....that's a pretty rugged schedule compared to what we played in the Big 12.

What are your positives/negatives on this year?

(Any other MU fans can chime in here too)

DeezNutz
11-24-2012, 02:45 PM
QB play has been so poor this year that it alone is enough to justify Yost's head. I cannot begin to fathom why they're taught to stand flat-footed in the pocket, in as unathletic a position as humanly possible.

Whether we're talking baseball or football, poor throws are almost always the result of poor footwork, and Yost goes out of his way to ensure the latter, creating an impressive hurdle to overcome for success.

The handling DGB has also been infuriating. Psst...bubble screens to shifty, long-striding receivers can be pretty successful. Apparently, though, there's a rule that once something works great (see first series last week) one cannot go back to that same well (see the rest of the game last week).

Complete train wreck. I've backed Pinkel consistently, but there's been a whole lot of stupid from the staff this year, so much so that I'd be fine with his departure.

Fuck it. Go full classic SEC. Bring in that loathsome cockbag Petrino, let him bang a few secretaries, but let him also compile a shit ton of victories.

|Zach|
11-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Not worried about the program at all. Already looking forward to next year.

duncan_idaho
11-24-2012, 04:51 PM
duncan:

I'd be interested in getting your take on this year....while I am disappointed overall, it has been a year where MU has had a much stronger schedule so expecting a great year out of this first season might have been a stretch.

We've played Alabama, FL, GA, South Carolina and this game today against aTm.....that's a pretty rugged schedule compared to what we played in the Big 12.

What are your positives/negatives on this year?

(Any other MU fans can chime in here too)

This year is a clear disappointment. I think you can point to several factors:

1) THe sudden frailness of James Franklin. Coming into Spring Ball, we were hearing how Franklin played through cracked ribs, swollen knees, back pain, etc throughout 2011. Then he injures his throwing shoulder in a freak Spring Ball accident, injures it again against Georgia, injures his knee against Vandy, gets a concussion vs. Syracuse.

Not having a healthy Franklin on the field definitely cost MIssouri the Vanderbilt game, likely cost Missouri the Syracuse game, and might have cost Missouri the Georgia game (Mizzou was up 14-7 when he was hurt, and had moved the ball well while hitting on some big plays early).

Just add wins instead of losses for Vandy and Syracuse, and you're looking at 7-4 heading into this aTm game - right where just about everyone predicted they'd be at the start of the season.

2) The OL woes. Yes, Pinkel and company have not done a super amazing job recruiting here. But the only members of the original, fall-camp two-deep who have played without any interruption are true freshman G Evan Boehm and walk-on G Max Copeland. Three of the two deep never made it to this season: No. 6 OL Taylor Chappell, the top reserve tackle, 3-year starter LG Travis Ruth (No. 4 OL), and solid reserve guard Mark Hill retired due to health issues (No. 7 OL). Then RG Jack Meiners (No. 3 OL) hurt his knee against SE LA, and has been hobbled ever since. Then Elvis Fisher (No. 1 OL) hurt his knee against Georgia, and has been hobbled ever since. Then Justin Britt blew out his knee against Florida (No. 2 OL). C Mitch Morse (No. 5 OL) has also missed time with knee issues.

Any OL is going to look rough in that situation.

3) Lack of adjustment offensively. I agree that Yost thinks too much and gets too clever sometimes. There's not enough willingness to just go to the well on his part.

4) Underperforming pass defense. Missouri still struggles to defend 4 WR sets, because Dave Steckel still insists on sticking with a nickel, 2 LB package even against 5 WR. THis does a few things:

- It signals to the offense you're almost certainly in a zone look.
- It forces you to give one of the LB extra safety help, which detracts from the two-deep zone look

I'd point to poor pass defensive scheme as the reason for the loss to Georgia and the loss to Syracuse.

I don't know that Mizzou's schedule is THAT much stronger than it was a year ago. The difference is not that big. Mizzou just isn't quite as good, mostly because of the injuries at QB and OL.

I'm ready to close the book on this season, and will be glad to see what changes come next year. It will be a big season for Mizzou, and the schedule becomes quite a bit easier, hopefully.

@ Ole Miss instead of Alabama at home (Much, much easier game, though Ole Miss will likely be solid)

Tennessee, Florida, aTm at home (Much easier, though that's likely a 1-2 stretch)

Non-con schedule becomes much easier, too.

Frazod
11-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Gets home from seeing Lincoln. Turns on TV. Sees they're down 21-0 in the first quarter. Curses a bit. Turns off TV.

petegz28
11-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Just getting flat out embarrassed

ghak99
11-24-2012, 07:11 PM
...the women's college volleyball on FSM is calling my name.

"The Shocker's"... LMAO

KcMizzou
11-24-2012, 07:17 PM
I had to switch over to the basketball game.

CoMoChief
11-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Wow this is bad

DeezNutz
Is the dumpster fire still burning?

Al Bundy
Not worried about the program at all. Already looking forward to next year.

You should be... these guys quit tonight.

Mizzou_8541
11-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Mizzou's playing some inspired football tonight. Pinkel's got his boys ready to play. Not sure how upset I'd be if the house were cleaned now that the season the season is over. Perhaps I'm overreacting but it seems obvious to me that we should have won at least 7 games with the level of talent on the roster. I understand we had tons of injuries, but I good coaching can overcome a lot of that. Oh well, at least our basketball team is good. Oh wait....

alanm
11-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Wow.. 42-0 with 3 and a half minutes left in the 2nd.
I don't know what to say. :eek:

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 07:50 PM
All bets are off. Including your QB walking off the field on his own... It's all in the game..

Discuss Thrower
11-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Big 12 plz.

KcMizzou
11-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Big 12 plz.This team wouldn't have competed any better in the Big 12, with all the shit that's happened. It's just a bad season.

At least it's over now.

Pitt Gorilla
11-24-2012, 08:16 PM
This team wouldn't have competed any better in the Big 12, with all the shit that's happened. It's just a bad season.

At least it's over now.Coaches will be replaced. Not GP, but others will be. Tonight, fortunately, should expedite the process.

stonedstooge
11-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Coaches will be replaced. Not GP, but others will be. Tonight, fortunately, should expedite the process.

Heard on the radio yesterday that Pinkel said that all the coaches would be returning next year

Mizzou_8541
11-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Trey Barrow is our leading rusher. ROFL

Bowser
11-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Heard on the radio yesterday that Pinkel said that all the coaches would be returning next year

Yeah, that was before this debacle.

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Well the rumor going around the big wigs in Jefferson City that Pinkel might resign.

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Pound him!

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Did the ball go past the LOS?

HonestChieffan
11-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Pinkle is pure Mizzou

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 08:45 PM
LOL! Gary, you're a great guy! You've made a Heisman winner out of another team's QB...

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 08:46 PM
And, I'll bet Gary just stands on the sideline with his arms crossed.... He truly doesn't care!

Al Bundy
11-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Uhhhmmm these guys are defending Pinkel pretty hard.

Frazod
11-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Well the rumor going around the big wigs in Jefferson City that Pinkel might resign.

We couldn't be that lucky.

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-24-2012, 08:54 PM
C'mon man! They have scored 10. LOL

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Uhhhmmm these guys are defending Pinkel pretty hard.

Not surprised at all.

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:01 PM
This is like the playoff game against Indy, will they score on every drive?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Play Good Football.

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Give CB an O-line, I'd like to see what he could do with more time..

Bowser
11-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Pinkel can stay, I guess, but Steckel and Yost just HAVE TO BE GONE.

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:07 PM
LOL... Take that!

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Wow, they make a call finally..

KcMizzou
11-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Play Good Football.and Eliminate Bad Football. /Romeo

That's just good coaching. Inspirational, really.

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:25 PM
It would be nice to know what the state of Missouri did to deserve teams that don't have those kinds of smiles on the sidelines. Wow, just wow, this is one snake-bitten state!

Mizzou_8541
11-24-2012, 09:30 PM
ROFL Am I the only one who thinks this is almost humorous?

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Had the T&M QB made the move CB just made, they'd suck his D*** again!

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:32 PM
And again, why aren't the claiming that CB is the next football God for that elusive move! Suck ups!

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:33 PM
If he goes in, they should play a little harder!

Signed,

ACL

petegz28
11-24-2012, 09:34 PM
I hope Manziel goes on to have a good college career but with all this "Johnny Football" crap and he is only a freshman, I am going to crack up if he stinks it up the next 3 years.

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:36 PM
OK, that's gay! Why was he in for one play?

petegz28
11-24-2012, 09:38 PM
OK, that's gay! Why was he in for one play?

Cause he's Johnny Football!!!!

Ebolapox
11-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I'd be amused if Johnny Manziel=Denard Robinson

GloryDayz
11-24-2012, 09:41 PM
LOL, Give CB a line, don't make him play behind Franklin, and you might have a chance of not being embarrassed most of the time..

Frazod
11-24-2012, 11:10 PM
ROFL Am I the only one who thinks this is almost humorous?

It would be if we weren't going to get part two from the fucking Chiefs tomorrow. :banghead:

KcMizzou
11-24-2012, 11:11 PM
It would be if we weren't going to get part two from the ****ing Chiefs tomorrow. :banghead:Yeah, my consolation prize is going to the Chiefs game. Heh.

KcMizzou
11-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Of course, the last time I went to a game with this dude was the Packers last season.

ghak99
11-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Of course, the last time I went to a game with this dude was the Packers last season.

You motherfucker

KcMizzou
11-24-2012, 11:22 PM
You mother****erI know.

|Zach|
11-25-2012, 11:06 AM
You should be... these guys quit tonight.

I will let the chicken littles be chicken littles.

Rausch
11-25-2012, 11:08 AM
I know.

If they get another legit QB before we both have great-grand-kids we should go to a game...

Reaper16
11-25-2012, 04:26 PM

This smoke has reached Twitter now.

DeezNutz
11-25-2012, 04:39 PM
This smoke has reached Twitter now.

If duncan is right and Pinkel will be forced to make changes to his staff, he might prefer to go down with the ship than have his hand forced.

Reaper16
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
If duncan is right and Pinkel will be forced to make changes to his staff, he might prefer to go down with the ship than have his hand forced.

There's also the fact that he has to pay $23,000 in alimony each month as long as he's the head coach of Missouri specifically.

There's also the speculation that he's knocked up a girlfriend.

DeezNutz
11-25-2012, 06:38 PM
There's also the fact that he has to pay $23,000 in alimony each month as long as he's the head coach of Missouri specifically.

Don't see why these matter. He's making a shit ton of money, and if he wants to impregnate as many women as he wants, whatever.

Demonpenz
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Pinkel to Mo West. Going to take Griffons to elite status.

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
The girlfriend in question is a former KOMU news reporter.

GloryDayz
11-25-2012, 06:46 PM

Wow, that's one expensive woman. Let's hope, someday, we get a progressive judge that says with the alimony comes the sex! You get the money, you also gotta put out... After all, at $23K, she must have claimed that she was a helpless homemaker with no job, so what did she bring to the relationship? One more reason to NOT get married or/or get a prenup!

Chocolate Hog
11-25-2012, 06:53 PM
ROFL

Frazod
11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Wow, that's one expensive woman. Let's hope, someday, we get a progressive judge that says with the alimony comes the sex! You get the money, you also gotta put out... After all, at $23K, she must have claimed that she was a helpless homemaker with no job, so what did she bring to the relationship? One more reason to NOT get married or/or get a prenup!

I like that idea. If the amount is five figures, the bitch has to swallow and do anal in order to get her monthly check. If the amount is six futures, she has to swallow, do anal and bring a hot friend along as well.

duncan_idaho
11-25-2012, 07:10 PM

I think that's a real possibility.

CoMoChief
11-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Shit I just heard a rumor they'd (MU) would be possibly going after Andy Reid once he's fired. WTF? LMAO What the hell is going on w/ MU sports right now?

DeezNutz
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Shit I just heard a rumor they'd (MU) would be possibly going after Andy Reid once he's fired. WTF? LMAO What the hell is going on w/ MU sports right now?

Mizzou would have a far better coach than the Chiefs, which I guess isn't saying much.

Reaper16
11-25-2012, 07:16 PM

That's about as far-fetched as it gets. Though I've been joking for a month now that Andy Reid would be a great surprise hire for when Auburn inevitably fired Gene Chizik (that day was today).

DeezNutz
11-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Wonder if Tuberville would like a return to the SEC?

LiveSteam
11-25-2012, 07:19 PM
That's about as far-fetched as it gets. Though I've been joking for a month now that Andy Reid would be a great surprise hire for when Auburn inevitably fired Gene Chizik (that day was today).

Ha. Did Gene get the ax today?

Chocolate Hog
11-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Mizzou should go for Jack Del Rio

DeezNutz
11-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, no. Fuck no.

Reaper16
11-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Ha. Did Gene get the ax today?
YUP.

Mizzou should go for Jack Del Rio

*sobs into pillow, mutters "no" over and over and over and*

Chocolate Hog
11-25-2012, 07:32 PM
YUP.

*sobs into pillow, mutters "no" over and over and over and*

Shitty NFL coaches make pretty good college coaches.

Rams Fan
11-25-2012, 07:33 PM

Not as crazy as it seems. Reid coached at Mizzou for 3 years back in the day.

duncan_idaho
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't buy the Andy Reid rumor, though he does have ties to Mizzou (he was part of Bob Stull's staff in the late 80s/early 90s).

I would be surprised if Alden's next coach doesn't have head coaching experience on the college level. And NFL head coach doesn't count.

I've posted it on here before, but I was told back in September - before any sense of Pinkel being in real jeopardy - that Paul Rhoads and Kyle Whittingham were on Pinkel's short list (that he always keeps, just in case - part of being an AD).

I'd expect Charlie Strong and Dan Mullen would get calls. Strong is probably at the top of the list.

tredadda
11-25-2012, 07:39 PM

Reid is not a bad coach, I just think he has outlived his time in Philly. I think he could do well at the collegiate level if he is able to recruit. If he can't then he will struggle mightily.

Chocolate Hog
11-25-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't buy the Andy Reid rumor, though he does have ties to Mizzou (he was part of Bob Stull's staff in the late 80s/early 90s).

I would be surprised if Alden's next coach doesn't have head coaching experience on the college level. And NFL head coach doesn't count.

I've posted it on here before, but I was told back in September - before any sense of Pinkel being in real jeopardy - that Paul Rhoads and Kyle Whittingham were on Pinkel's short list (that he always keeps, just in case - part of being an AD).

I'd expect Charlie Strong and Dan Mullen would get calls. Strong is probably at the top of the list.

Why not Gus Malzhan? He's done a good job at Arkansas St. and has ties to the SEC.

KChiefs1
11-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Is it true that Pinkel is resigning?

NewChief
11-25-2012, 07:43 PM
John L. Smith needs a job.

In all seriousness, character issues or not, someone would be nuts not to pick up Bobby Petrino. I just hope it isn't in the SEC, because I don't want to have to play him.

Would make things interesting for DGB.

DeezNutz
11-25-2012, 07:44 PM
John L. Smith needs a job.

In all seriousness, character issues or not, someone would be nuts not to pick up Bobby Petrino. I just hope it isn't in the SEC, because I don't want to have to play him.

I suggested this in a Saturday night rant.

KChiefs1
11-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Petrino would be a great replacement for Pinkel.