PDA

View Full Version : MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

duncan_idaho
11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Mizzou is not going to touch Bobby Petrino.

1) He's a slimeball, and Alden won't hire a slimeball.
2) He's a huge risk, because of the chances that he will either do something shady off field that forces you to fire him or jump the first time another school shows some leg (and more cash). Mizzou is not a program that can afford having that much head coach turnover over a few years.
3) Auburn is going to back up the Brinks truck and dump way more cash than Mizzou is going to spend on Bobby Petrino.
4) Petrino, while a brilliant offensive mind and great playcaller, is not a tremendous recruiter (no better than Pinkel's staff) or defensive coach.

As for Gus Malzahn... that one definitely is interesting, and I'd like to see him considered.

Reaper16
11-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Shitty NFL coaches make pretty good college coaches.

Charismatic, shitty NFL coaches make pretty good college coaches. Del Rio in college might just be Dave Wannstedt at Pitt.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Wowa.....is GP out has HC?

Reaper16
11-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Wowa.....is GP out has HC?

Doubtful. But there's smoke.

CoMoChief
11-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Why not Herm? LMAO

DeezNutz
11-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Why not Herm? LMAO

Herm would be an outstanding HC on the West Coast. Think PC-led USC.

Reaper16
11-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Herm can recruit and coach in the SEC.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Malzahn would be interesting, seems like a really smart guy. Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas are looking for coaches right now, that is a lot of competition.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S8spfdfzGUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tredadda
11-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Malzahn would be interesting, seems like a really smart guy. Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas are looking for coaches right now, that is a lot of competition.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S8spfdfzGUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If Mizzou wants to compete in the SEC they will have to shell out top dollar for a top notch coach. If they were never serious about it then we will watch other teams sign the hot coaching prospects.

NewChief
11-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Malzahn has done nothing but win everywhere he's gone. The guy is a stud. I'd hate to see him go to Mizzou, but I don't know if Arkansas is going to offer him a contract. He pretty divisive in the state unfortunately.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-25-2012, 08:31 PM
I just know I've been hearing about this since Wednesday. It's time to make a statement tomorrow and get on with it, one way or the other. If GP ends up staying, hopefully he gets his life straightened out in the off season and can refocus on the team. I know this isn't how he wanted to go out, maybe he will make the most of this mess and finish out his career here with a few good seasons and leave the program in a good place.

Frazod
11-25-2012, 08:35 PM
I just know I've been hearing about this since Wednesday. It's time to make a statement tomorrow and get on with it, one way or the other. If GP ends up staying, hopefully he gets his life straightened out in the off season and can refocus on the team. I know this isn't how he wanted to go out, maybe he will make the most of this mess and finish out his career here with a few good seasons and leave the program in a good place.

Fuck him and his life. I want him gone. Enough. He is lost at this level and the team, the school and the entire fan base suffers for it.

Thanks for the memories, Gary. I wish you well. Elsewhere.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
I won't shed a tear if he ends up gone, just wearing rose colored glasses here. It's funny how his tenure here has been the same thing over and over. Mind blowing losses that have no business happening, and consistently not being able to win the big game. The program never took the next step. E.g. a couple years ago when we beat OU at home, then don't show up the next week at Nebraska. We still could have salvaged a season that year without the loss at TTU which shouldn't have happened.

I guess we don't need to rehash this, we know the history. Thanks for putting us on the map for a while there, Gary. I think it's time to move on too, to someone who will actually look like they're interested in the game going on right in front of them.

Ebolapox
11-25-2012, 08:47 PM
yep--if you can get someone young here who can build on what pinkel has built, you step up into the second tier of SEC teams--the ones who, when you have an up year, go to BCS bowls. that would be nice.

Demonpenz
11-25-2012, 09:54 PM
What about tony larussa.

bowener
11-25-2012, 10:29 PM
I've been trying to read back through the thread to figure out what is going on. Has there been a rumor that Pinkel may be gone or something?

CoMoChief
11-25-2012, 10:59 PM
I've been trying to read back through the thread to figure out what is going on. Has there been a rumor that Pinkel may be gone or something?

Here's whats kinda been brewing for the past year or so from what I've been told. I put these pieces together while smoking a bunch tonight so this may sound crazy, but this is what I've heard from friends over the past few hours.

This all dates back to when Pinkel got his DUI. Supposedly he was having an affair, with then (mid-Missouri based) KOMU meteorologist Michelle Bogowith, and was coming home from being with her when he got the DUI. Pinkel got a divorce this past October and allegedly has paid his ex-wife $23k/month to shut up about the affair.

Now, this Michelle Bogowith woman is working WDAF-Fox4 in KC...and now she's pregnant. The big wigs want Pinkel gone I think, but there are rumors that he may just fall on his own sword and resign. We'll see. Makes a hell of a story, would make a great episode of ESPN's Playmakers

Dr. Gigglepants
11-26-2012, 03:27 PM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/nov/26/missouri-ad-pinkel-will-be-back-2013-season/?tigerextra

Welp, so much for all that.
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho
11-26-2012, 03:28 PM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/nov/26/missouri-ad-pinkel-will-be-back-2013-season/?tigerextra

Welp, so much for all that.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not surprised by anything Alden said in that. What's he going to say publicly?

"I issued my head coach an ultimatum about changing his staff or getting the F out?"

"I told coach he could stay as long as he let go some of his underperforming buddies and brought in fresh blood."

I still believe that some changes to the coaching staff are coming.

HonestChieffan
11-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Alden is a dirtbag.

duncan_idaho
11-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Alden is a dirtbag.

Wouldn't disagree with that.

BUt he's been a successful AD. Huge facilities upgrades across all sports with more to come. Great hires in the non-revenue sports (that hopefully start bearing fruit with some actual league titles, so Mizzou can inflate its numbers in those areas like Oklahoma State and Iowa State do). And he has been successful on 3/4 major coaching hires.

Quin over Self will hurt me until the day I die, but oh well.

I still believe the changes are coming. Anyone looking to buy a house in Columbia? Talk to Bruce Walker or Brian Jones.

BourbonMan
11-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Pinkel laughed off rumors about his job status that swirled over the weekend.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/27/3936440/pinkel-im-fine-fans-are-upset.html#storylink=cpy

Chocolate Hog
11-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Did anyone else hear that Jamone Boyd hit a police officer?

BourbonMan
11-27-2012, 12:40 PM
http://fox4kc.com/2012/11/26/metro-prep-football-star-faces-charges/

ghak99
11-27-2012, 12:42 PM

If that's one of the big recruits in KC, I caught a piece on the news about it but I didn't catch the kids name. Maybe I missed it, but it seemed odd to me that the school didn't seem to be making a big deal out it... almost as if it happens everyday.

Sully
11-27-2012, 12:45 PM

I witnessed something from him (and taped it) at a game I was scouting this year, that still has me scratching my head about the guy.
Dominant player, though.

kepp
11-27-2012, 12:49 PM
From what I've read, one of the reasons Ramirez pulled back on his commitment to MU was that he wanted to go to the same school as Boyd. I wonder how this will affect his final decision.

phisherman
11-27-2012, 12:49 PM
It's hilarious that a local news story pretty much consists of high school rumors and the word of one witness that saw what happened through a window probably from a long way away.

kepp
11-27-2012, 12:54 PM
It's hilarious that a local news story pretty much consists of high school rumors and the word of one witness that saw what happened through a window probably from a long way away.

I think they missed the part about the student's friend that worked at 31-Flavors.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Sheldon entering draft per Twitter. Sorry if q.
Posted via Mobile Device

siberian khatru
12-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Yost leaving Mizzou

pkane
12-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Yost leaving Mizzou

Awesome if true.

OmahaChief
12-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Awesome if true.

It has been confrimed by the University. Yost completely gone from the football program.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Yost leaving Mizzou

Yeah, but so is Campos.

Well, more accurately he's just not coming to Mizzou.

This has been a complete abortion of a season. Thanks Yost*, thanks Gary* and thank you most of all, Sheldon Richardson*.

*All 'thank's in this sentence are more accurate read as 'fuck's

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Will be interesting to see what names surface with Yost leaving. Good thing is that he's not a primary recruiter any more, so hopefully this doesn't cause problems with any of the recruits in the current class.

Mauk and DGB were heavily influenced by Yost. Hopefully, neither goes anywhere. Mauk more likely to transfer than DGB, IMO.

I would prefer another spread offense guy. That's Missouri's identity, and I don't think a pro style offense (or at least one that is all pro style) can be successful at Mizzou over the long haul. Just not enough elite line talent to make that work.

Chaney (former Tennessee OC) works if he is planning to run the spread.

Joker Phillips will be involved as well, I'd think. He coordinated some great offenses at Kentucky with less talent than he'd have available at Mizzou... Good recruiter, personality would fit, has SEC ties. Makes a lot of sense...

siberian khatru
12-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Joker Phillips will be involved as well, I'd think. He coordinated some great offenses at Kentucky with less talent than he'd have available at Mizzou... Good recruiter, personality would fit, has SEC ties. Makes a lot of sense...

Rumor is Florida already bagged him.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Rumor is Florida already bagged him.

As a WR coach? Hmm, tough call:

Make 300k as the WR coach at Florida or make 700k as the OC at Mizzou....

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 09:28 AM
But is Joker Phillips one of Pinkel's nephews?

Because that appears to be a pretty good way of getting onto the coaching staff. Hey, maybe hiring a real coach instead of your loose relative may have prevented our safeties from being a bag of boiled shit this year, eh Gary?

The safety play was probably the worst unit on the entire squad and nobody's going to say boo about the fact that we replaced one of our best coaches (Odom) with some no-name, no connection, crony case like Alex Grinch.

We'll likely do the same for the OC job.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
But is Joker Phillips one of Pinkel's nephews?

Because that appears to be a pretty good way of getting onto the coaching staff. Hey, maybe hiring a real coach instead of your loose relative may have prevented our safeties from being a bag of boiled shit this year, eh Gary?

The safety play was probably the worst unit on the entire squad and nobody's going to say boo about the fact that we replaced one of our best coaches (Odom) with some no-name, no connection, crony case like Alex Grinch.

We'll likely do the same for the OC job.

Hmm. I actually thought the safety play was quite a bit better this year than a season ago.

Though I'm not sure Grinch had much to do with that.

I don't know that Alden will sign off on an internal promotion, but we'll see. You also wonder if Pinkel being on the hot seat might make the job harder.

I wouldn't mind seeing a coach in waiting type deal. You MIGHT be able to pry Kliff Kingsbury away from aTm with that...

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Hmm. I actually thought the safety play was quite a bit better this year than a season ago.

Though I'm not sure Grinch had much to do with that.

I don't know that Alden will sign off on an internal promotion, but we'll see. You also wonder if Pinkel being on the hot seat might make the job harder.

I wouldn't mind seeing a coach in waiting type deal. You MIGHT be able to pry Kliff Kingsbury away from aTm with that...

Really?

I saw our corners being asked to do way too much (and often unable to do it) because they weren't getting adequate support from the safeties. EJ Gaines and Kip Edwards are athletic, experience starting corners that were just getting abandoned out there and often getting picked apart because they were being left on islands.

I don't think the CBs got worse, I think they were being asked to do more than they were capable of because the safety support wasn't there.

On occasion Walker would make a nice play, but apart from those, the Mizzou safeties seemed a step behind in coverage all season long.

Frazod
12-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Yost leaving Mizzou

Thank God. Hopefully he won't be the only one. 4321

kepp
12-03-2012, 09:45 AM
How about Tony Franklin, Louisiana Tech OC, to replace Yost?

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Really?

I saw our corners being asked to do way too much (and often unable to do it) because they weren't getting adequate support from the safeties. EJ Gaines and Kip Edwards are athletic, experience starting corners that were just getting abandoned out there and often getting picked apart because they were being left on islands.

I don't think the CBs got worse, I think they were being asked to do more than they were capable of because the safety support wasn't there.

On occasion Walker would make a nice play, but apart from those, the Mizzou safeties seemed a step behind in coverage all season long.

Fair enough. Fewer blown coverage on the back end (like the one that popped up again against Syracuse) was a big part of it, I think.

I think the scheme is a big part of the problem, too. Covering up a slot WR with Andrew Wilson, with safety support over the top, just makes it too easy for opposing offenses.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
How about Tony Franklin, Louisiana Tech OC, to replace Yost?

Not a bad idea, though I wonder if he has the recruiting ties.

We need a new recruiter something fierce. This class, by the time we start putting pen to paper, is going to be Hosik and tripe (and having spoken to a couple friends of mine that are coaches in the KC area and have played against Hosik, he's pretty much garbage at QB himself).

We're fast approaching a world of shit if we can't get this think kicked into gear in a hurry. It doesn't take much more than a season or two to be relegated to back-burner status.

In 2 weeks we managed to extinguish every single drop of momentum created over the last 12 months. We have to do something to get it going again.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2012, 10:07 AM
/wanders aimlessly in to this thread, much like Pitt Gorilla

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs
Huge hit for Missouri recruiting. Dave Yost landed James Franklin and DGB.

/wanders out

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 10:19 AM

/wanders out

Yost is a well-regarded recruiter, there's no doubt. But he did very little one-on-one recruiting since becoming the OC. He's used more as a closer sort (and missed on several big targets in that role, too - notably, Durron Neal, Ronnie Wingo, among others).

Missouri recruiters (personal rankings):

1) Andy Hill
2) Josh Henson
3) Craig Kuligiowski
decent gap
4) Cornell Ford
sizable gap
5) Stec
sizable gap
6) Grinch
7) Walker
8) Jones

kepp
12-03-2012, 10:28 AM

/wanders out

I guess it depends on whether or not recruits watched our offense this season.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 10:36 AM
I'd have probably put the gap between Henson and Kuligiowski (as I think Ford does a little more than that and Henson should get a little more credit as well), but yeah that seems like a pretty good breakdown.

Like I was telling a buddy of mine, the worst thing we ever did with Yost was promote him. It would've been great to keep him on board as the QB coach, where he could turn up the charm and recruit his ass off. But he was the QB coach during the best QB era in Mizzou history, so you owe him the chance to fail, I suppose.

Oh well. This has surely been a lousy month for Mizzou. Here's hoping they're able to get the bleeding stopped, bring in a premier OC and get the thing heading in the right direction again.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I'd have probably put the gap between Henson and Kuligiowski (as I think Ford does a little more than that and Henson should get a little more credit as well), but yeah that seems like a pretty good breakdown.

Like I was telling a buddy of mine, the worst thing we ever did with Yost was promote him. It would've been great to keep him on board as the QB coach, where he could turn up the charm and recruit his ass off. But he was the QB coach during the best QB era in Mizzou history, so you owe him the chance to fail, I suppose.

Oh well. This has surely been a lousy month for Mizzou. Here's hoping they're able to get the bleeding stopped, bring in a premier OC and get the thing heading in the right direction again.

I'm a big coach Kul fan, and that probably colors my opinions a little bit.

He's the primary decision maker on whether they offer a DLman or not, and I think his track record is pretty peerless. He's found a TON of high-end guys that were not rated as high-end guys. And he has had nice success in Texas in the past.

I think Ford's a good recruiter, but the separation for me comes from a few areas:

1) Mizzou is TRYING in St. Louis now
2) Mizzou is much better
3) Ford is black

I think those factors - outside of Ford's control -have a lot to do with his success in St. Louis.

Sully
12-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm far more excited that we'll have a new QB coach, than an OC.
While his play calling maddened me, I've got a laundry list of problems I've had with his development if QBs (and I don't know a ton about coaching QBs, but there were some consistent problems with Mizzou QBs ever since Smith).

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Having met Yost ten years ago, I thought he was an aggorant fucking ass. Couldn't stand the mother fucker. And my good friend wouldn't take their walk-on offer because of Yost.

BourbonMan
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Mauk's father says QB will likely remain at MU

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/03/3946543/mauks-father-says-qb-will-likely.html#storylink=cpy

eazyb81
12-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Since Yost was also the QB coach, do we have to focus on O-coordinators that can also coach QBs?

If not, do we let a lower-level assistant go to bring in a pure QB coach?

Mosbonian
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
duncan:

Do you think that Mauk will get serious consideration for the QB position next year?

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
duncan:

Do you think that Mauk will get serious consideration for the QB position next year?

Yes, especially if the OC brought in is more passing minded.

I'm a huge fan of Mauk (have been hearing about him for years thanks to a contact in Ohio who works in the industry) and think he has a chance to be a very special player.

I like what a healthy Franklin brings to the table, but at this point, Mauk will get a chance to compete for the job.

If the new scheme is pass-heavy, it will be Mauk, IMO.

Mosbonian
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM

I'm a huge fan of Mauk (have been hearing about him for years thanks to a contact in Ohio who works in the industry) and think he has a chance to be a very special player.

I like what a healthy Franklin brings to the table, but at this point, Mauk will get a chance to compete for the job.

Do you think that would mean a position switch for Franklin?

ghak99
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Hopefully the flat footed QB crap is a thing of the past!

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Do you think that would mean a position switch for Franklin?

No. He would play out his senior year as the backup. He's not fast enough to play WR and I doubt he'd work as a RB.

I could see using him in certain packages as a run option (like in his freshman year), but a position switch doesn't seem likely.

Re: Flat-footed QB thing... they're coached to do that when the pre-snap read is determined, but I don't think any of the QBs since Gabbert have been very good at pre-snap reads.

Not sure if that will go or not, but I'd guess it will.

kepp
12-03-2012, 01:42 PM

And, at the very least, a new OC (from outside the current staff, that is) would mean new terminology. And that would make it a more even battle.

Pitt Gorilla
12-03-2012, 01:57 PM
I think Yost did a lot of things well. He also did a lot of things that left me scratching my head. Missouri's running game was built for the big play and MU has run the ball very well over the years. However, the running game is not built for short yardage situations and that cost us many times. The seams are brilliant when they're there and problematic when they aren't.

The passing game was also brilliant at times and horrible at others. The DGB screen a game or so back was brilliant. The WR blocking was great with linemen pulling to the outside to seal the inside. Other times, it was difficult to determine who should be open.

Of course, a lot of the success/failure has to do with the players. When MU had good QB/line play, playcalling was great (in general). When MU didn't have those resources, the playcalling appeared particularly inept.

I think we're going to miss Yost's recruiting more than we'd like to admit. Hopefully, we land an outstanding hire.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
And, at the very least, a new OC (from outside the current staff, that is) would mean new terminology. And that would make it a more even battle.

From what I gather, Franklin is a more instinctual/natural player, and isn't the student of the game that a Blaine Gabbert or Chase Daniel was. Chalk talk is not his specialty. (I'd guess this is because he grew up playing other positions).

I mean, the guy doesn't even like designed read running plays (has stated he'd rather know he's keeping or giving). There was talk this year, early, about Berkstresser helping Franklin read defenses better.

I don't know how Mauk is at absorbing offense/chalk talk/etc. But I'd suspect he's pretty good, being a coach's son, an offensive guru's son, and someone who grew up around the game.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
From what I gather, Franklin is a more instinctual/natural player, and isn't the student of the game that a Blaine Gabbert or Chase Daniel was. Chalk talk is not his specialty. (I'd guess this is because he grew up playing other positions).

I mean, the guy doesn't even like designed read running plays (has stated he'd rather know he's keeping or giving). There was talk this year, early, about Berkstresser helping Franklin read defenses better.

I don't know how Mauk is at absorbing offense/chalk talk/etc. But I'd suspect he's pretty good, being a coach's son, an offensive guru's son, and someone who grew up around the game.

That's RAYCISS!!

Saul Good
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM

I'm sure this comparison is going to bite me in the ass, but Mauk reminds me an awful lot of Manziel (at least in terms of size and style of play in his highlight videos).

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Post-Dispatch thinks Jim Chaney from Tennessee.

Saul Good
12-03-2012, 02:20 PM

That would be a very popular hire. I don't know enough about him to have a strong opinion either way, though.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd like that hire quite a bit. It's the sentimental side of me, I suppose, but I'd like to see the Missouri kid come back to his home U and get some run.

He's not young, but he's not old either. He just turned 50 so he could see this as his chance to sit behind Pinkel for a few more years and take over. Then again, Pinkel was a little younger than Chaney is now when he took over as an HC, so Chaney may not be a realistic 'coach in waiting' either.

He can point to some hellacious offensive performances and claim the development of Tyler Bray (which has been a pretty massive undertaking). That has to help on the recruiting trail (not to mention Drew Brees...)

Saul Good
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I'd like that hire quite a bit. It's the sentimental side of me, I suppose, but I'd like to see the Missouri kid come back to his home U and get some run.

He's not young, but he's not old either. He just turned 50 so he could see this as his chance to sit behind Pinkel for a few more years and take over. Then again, Pinkel was a little younger than Chaney is now when he took over as an HC, so Chaney may not be a realistic 'coach in waiting' either.

He can point to some hellacious offensive performances and claim the development of Tyler Bray (which has been a pretty massive undertaking). That has to help on the recruiting trail (not to mention Drew Brees...)

He worked with Brees as well, right?

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm sure this comparison is going to bite me in the ass, but Mauk reminds me an awful lot of Manziel (at least in terms of size and style of play in his highlight videos).

Size/physical abilities (throwing) are very similar. Both are adept at making plays on the run and accurate throwers on the run. I get the reference, and see it myself.

Not sure Mauk has the pure, greasy and deceptive speed and shake Manziel has, though. Manziel is a really fast dude.

Still, Missouri doesn't need Mauk to run for 900 yards. Ideally, you'd want a guy who can run, throw and create plays when blocking breaks down (like Manziel). Daniel was that type of guy in 2007 (less of a running threat in 2008).

I think Mauk can throw and create plays (And be better at reading Ds pre-snap). And I think he can run ENOUGH that teams can't completely forget about him. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a little faster than Franklin (if less powerful).

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 03:03 PM

Chaney is a popular pick right now, and I get it.

My only concern would be if he tries to run pure pro-style, which I don't think can succeed at Missouri over the long haul. But the guy has major spread offense chops and experience, as Drew Brees can attest. I wouldn't complain about the hire.

Joker Phillips also makes sense to me, as does Tony Franklin at La. Tech.

Al Bundy
12-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Chaney is a popular pick right now, and I get it.

My only concern would be if he tries to run pure pro-style, which I don't think can succeed at Missouri over the long haul. But the guy has major spread offense chops and experience, as Drew Brees can attest. I wouldn't complain about the hire.

Joker Phillips also makes sense to me, as does Tony Franklin at La. Tech.

Joker was hired on at Florida.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Joker was hired on at Florida.

As a WR coach.

Wouldn't preclude him from coming to Mizzou as the OC. Much higher paying and prestige job.

Mosbonian
12-03-2012, 08:24 PM
As a WR coach.

Wouldn't preclude him from coming to Mizzou as the OC. Much higher paying and prestige job.

I guess I watched Joker too much over the last couple of years to consider him a good candidate for OC.

warpaint*
12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
It has been confrimed by the University. Yost completely gone from the football program.

Fantastic news!

warpaint*
12-03-2012, 09:48 PM

I like the offense he ran at UT. Sounds good to me.

petegz28
12-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Finally that gimick offense will go away!

duncan_idaho
12-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Finally that gimick offense will go away!

Be careful what you wish for...

In my view, the spread is Missouri's best long-term offensive option. It's also beyond the point where you can call it a gimmick offense, considering that several national title winners have done so running the spread (Auburn, Florida x 2), the success Oregon has with it, etc.

Missouri is going to have a hard time recruiting the pure OL talent and depth needed to run the pro-style offense effectively. And yes, the OL was bad this season, but it was a strange, injury-riddled season.

And anyway...

Tony Franklin, Jim Chaney and Joker Phillips are probably the three leading (and most likely, IMO) candidates.

Franklin is one of the originators of the modern spread, going back to his days at Kentucky with Hal Mumme. He would definitely run the spread.

Phillips has a lot of spread experience as well, and - while he was a bad HC, as mosbonian points out - he was a very successful OC. Again, at Kentucky. His offense would have some pro-style elements but be heavily spread-oriented.

Chaney ran a pro-style offense at Tennessee, but a few things to remember on him:

1) His pro-style O at Tenn was WORSE at running the football than Missouri's spread
2) He has spread roots, going back to Joe Tiller and basketball on grass at Purdue.

I'm fine with an OC who wants to include some more traditional elements in the offense and be a little more multiple. But I don't believe Missouri can succeed running a true pro-style offense as its primary set. There's just not enough local, high quality OL talent to do that consistently.

Stanley Nickels
12-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Tony Franklin, Jim Chaney and Joker Phillips are probably the three leading (and most likely, IMO) candidates.

Joker Phillips just took a job with UF as WR coach and recruiting coordinator.

siberian khatru
12-04-2012, 08:38 AM

In my view, the spread is Missouri's best long-term offensive option. It's also beyond the point where you can call it a gimmick offense, considering that several national title winners have done so running the spread (Auburn, Florida x 2), the success Oregon has with it, etc.

Missouri is going to have a hard time recruiting the pure OL talent and depth needed to run the pro-style offense effectively. And yes, the OL was bad this season, but it was a strange, injury-riddled season.

And anyway...

Franklin is one of the originators of the modern spread, going back to his days at Kentucky with Hal Mumme. He would definitely run the spread.

Phillips has a lot of spread experience as well, and - while he was a bad HC, as mosbonian points out - he was a very successful OC. Again, at Kentucky. His offense would have some pro-style elements but be heavily spread-oriented.

Chaney ran a pro-style offense at Tennessee, but a few things to remember on him:

1) His pro-style O at Tenn was WORSE at running the football than Missouri's spread
2) He has spread roots, going back to Joe Tiller and basketball on grass at Purdue.

I'm fine with an OC who wants to include some more traditional elements in the offense and be a little more multiple. But I don't believe Missouri can succeed running a true pro-style offense as its primary set. There's just not enough local, high quality OL talent to do that consistently.

It wouldn't shock me in the least if Pinkel promotes Hill or Henson.

siberian khatru
12-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Joker Phillips just took a job with UF as WR coach and recruiting coordinator.

Read down the thread for Duncan's thoughts.

Stanley Nickels
12-04-2012, 08:42 AM

I think we've reached the point where the spread no longer has the ability to "even the odds" against more talented teams, as most defensive schemes now expect the spread, and can "bend but not break" to mitigate the damage and capitalize on mistakes.

Look at the teams you mentioned who have had tremendous success with the spread... it's all about talent. It doesn't much matter what your offensive philosophy is, it's whether you can recruit and sign the prototypical players for that offense. That is, and will be, the way Missouri butters its bread. We've got to get a top-notch recruiter on this staff.

duncan_idaho
12-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I think we've reached the point where the spread no longer has the ability to "even the odds" against more talented teams, as most defensive schemes now expect the spread, and can "bend but not break" to mitigate the damage and capitalize on mistakes.

Look at the teams you mentioned who have had tremendous success with the spread... it's all about talent. It doesn't much matter what your offensive philosophy is, it's whether you can recruit and sign the prototypical players for that offense. That is, and will be, the way Missouri butters its bread. We've got to get a top-notch recruiter on this staff.

I'm thinking about offensive line talent, specifically.

Oregon's OL talent has been very similar to Mizzou's throughout this run, but that offense works because of the tremendous skill players (and the great approach of the coaching staff).

I don't think Missouri can/will recruit the OL well enough to run a pro-style scheme over the long haul. That's why I prefer the spread, which focuses on getting the ball out quickly, keeping the defense out of the box, running using zone blocking schemes, etc.

All things that neutralize a disadvantage in OL vs. Front 7 (which Missouri is going to have, a ton, in the SEC).

Stanley Nickels
12-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Missouri lost a couple huge commits in Andy Bauer (2014 OT) (at the beginning of the year), and 2013 OT Jake Campos (this past weekend), who would've been huge for our OL play. We really need to step up our battle for the trenches talent.

duncan_idaho
12-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Updated with two commits from weekend (DEs Marcus Loud and Dimarya Mixon), key recruits.

duncan_idaho
12-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Missouri lost a couple huge commits in Andy Bauer (2014 OT) (at the beginning of the year), and 2013 OT Jake Campos (this past weekend), who would've been huge for our OL play. We really need to step up our battle for the trenches talent.

The book isn't closed on Bauer. He's getting a lot of attention from big schools and is really interested in that, but apparently distance from family is a very large concern.

Campos, though? He gone. The Iowa State roots sucked him back in.

DJ's left nut
12-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Updated with two commits from weekend (DEs Marcus Loud and Dimarya Mixon), key recruits.

Oh great - back to 2005.

3-star recruits can't be 'key recruits' anymore. We've lost literally every single bit of momentum from the SEC move. We're right back to classes full of leftovers in Texas and 3-star recruits.

Nicely done, fellas. Really nicely !@#$ing done. And hey, lets see if you can wait 3 or 4 months before hiring an OC, because that's going to also help matters a great deal.

I don't even like opening this thread anymore.

duncan_idaho
12-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Oh great - back to 2005.

3-star recruits can't be 'key recruits' anymore. We've lost literally every single bit of momentum from the SEC move. We're right back to classes full of leftovers in Texas and 3-star recruits.

Nicely done, fellas. Really nicely !@#$ing done. And hey, lets see if you can wait 3 or 4 months before hiring an OC, because that's going to also help matters a great deal.

DJ -

I wasn't saying those guys are key recruits (just DL depth, really, though Mixon has some good offers).

I was saying that I added/updated the key recruits section of the OP. And, actually, the guys added are all pretty big-time: Johnson and Bradley (4-star DTs with SEC offers from all over), a 4-star WR from Louisville, and OT Dan Skipper (who is a three-star but had offers from Tennessee and some other notable programs).

|Zach|
12-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh great - back to 2005.

You're being dramatic.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 12:35 PM

OU was recruiting Mixon until they pulled his offer 10 days ago. Solid player, still trying to figure the pulling,.

duncan_idaho
12-09-2012, 12:36 PM
I'll also point out that Mixon is ranked No. 15 at his position nationally by Rivals, was being heavily pursued by Oklahoma as little as two weeks ago, and likely ends up in the Texas top 50. He's also the highest-ranked non-4 star at his position.

Not a slouch or hope recruit at all.

duncan_idaho
12-09-2012, 12:39 PM
OU was recruiting Mixon until they pulled his offer 10 days ago. Solid player, still trying to figure the pulling,.

I was wondering about that. I remember reading an update from the last week of November about him having Oklahoma No. 1, and it sounded like an offer was there (even though it doesn't list one now).

Prison Bitch
12-09-2012, 12:42 PM
You're being dramatic.

He's right tho, MU will regret their move to the SEC. Not sure when since it will be hard to ever admit it, given all their love and loyalty they've already dropped at their new masters' doorsteps. But it likely shows up at the box office first with low attendance

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 12:46 PM
I was wondering about that. I remember reading an update from the last week of November about him having Oklahoma No. 1, and it sounded like an offer was there (even though it doesn't list one now).

If its something he did, its quiet. Think OU got in on some players they didnt previously have a shot at. OU is up against the cap in scholly's, wont oversign, but will lose guys to attrition in the offseason.

With the lack of depth on roster, and in recruiting ,that OU has on both lines, its a surprise. The lines are becoming a problem at OU, area SEC keeps dominating and will win championships until its corrected.

ghak99
12-09-2012, 12:48 PM
He's right tho, MU will regret their move to the SEC. Not sure when since it will be hard to ever admit it, given all their love and loyalty they've already dropped at their new masters' doorsteps. But it likely shows up at the box office first with low attendance

You're a fucking idiot.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 12:50 PM

They can always chant.... but SEC has better coaching and line play.... give the top SEC coaches a month to prepare, they will win. Playoffs will change that some, but those 2 things, make the SEC what they are.

duncan_idaho
12-09-2012, 01:08 PM

Regret being secure when it's clear the realignment wheels are going to keep spinning? No. Not going to happen. Regret the fanbase's level of commitment, which has led to the highest attendance levels in recent history, huge financial commitments, planned football expansion, expanded potential recruiting territory? Regret the increase in dollars to come with the SEC Network? Regret the increased profile and the improved ability to hire a top-notch coach when Pinkel is gone?

Somehow I doubt it.

As for attendance, here's fun object for you: Missouri's attendance for the last two games of the season - mighty Syracuse and mighty Kentucky - averaged more than 65k fans. For late season games, after the season had gone to shit.

DJ's left nut
12-09-2012, 01:35 PM

Shut the fuck up, Dickedson. We all know you're just parked behind an IP scrambler or something.

If you keep pushing your luck, we'll just have you banned on general principal.

No, Mizzou will never regret moving to the best conference in the country. It's not even a close call. They'll make more money and earn more prestige.

But they have to actually perform. Their recent history has shown that they're capable of it, but they've now made it more difficult for themselves.

When the MU fans are interested in the brainless ramblings of a Beaker homer, they'll be sure to let you know.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Shut the **** up, Dickedson. We all know you're just parked behind an IP scrambler or something.

If you keep pushing your luck, we'll just have you banned on general principal.

No, Mizzou will never regret moving to the best conference in the country. It's not even a close call. They'll make more money and earn more prestige.

But they have to actually perform. Their recent history has shown that they're capable of it, but they've now made it more difficult for themselves.

When the MU fans are interested in the brainless ramblings of a Beaker homer, they'll be sure to let you know.

LOL... exactly what have you shown you're capable of? not winning a conference championship in the last 43 years in a conference you talk shit about how bad they are?

Prison Bitch
12-09-2012, 02:18 PM
LOL... exactly what have you shown you're capable of? not winning a conference championship in the last 43 years in a conference you talk shit about how bad they are?

I'd back off. He'll start cyring to the mods about banning you for being a meanie to his school, and then claim you're somebody else under an "IP scrambler" (whatever that is)

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
I'd back off. He'll start cyring to the mods about banning you for being a meanie to his school, and then claim you're somebody else under an "IP scrambler" (whatever that is)

Oh gosh. This clearly isn't Wickedson. He doesn't know how to mask his IP.

DeezNutz
12-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Being a part of the definitively best conference in the country has me super bummed out. And I'm going to be especially sad because of the increased revenue and major improvements to facilities.

Prison Bitch
12-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Being a part of the definitively best conference in the country has me super bummed out. And I'm going to be especially sad because of the increased revenue and major improvements to facilities.

Honestly I don't know how Mizzou is going to do long term. But I don't get this: who cares about "facilities"? Serious question. The Chiefs and Royals have nicer facilities now than they ever did and it sucks going to games. Isn't the point to win games, not have nice "facilities"?

DeezNutz
12-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Honestly I don't know how Mizzou is going to do long term. But I don't get this: who cares about "facilities"? Serious question. The Chiefs and Royals have nicer facilities now than they ever did and it sucks going to games. Isn't the point to win games, not have nice "facilities"?

There's simply no question that high-quality facilities are an overall asset to the university experience afforded to students. Ultimately, you're right; teams must win, but great facilities (athletics and otherwise) are signs of a healthy, strong university.

Thus, analogies to professional sports don't work.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 02:39 PM

You judge a conference by how many teams with 4-6 losses they have. That's how you know it's a meat grinder.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 02:40 PM

The Chiefs and Royals really need to step up their recruiting.

Prison Bitch
12-09-2012, 02:42 PM
There's simply no question that high-quality facilities is an overall asset to the university experience afforded to students.

Yeah, all those luxury suites being built at football stadiums across the country (as well as the indoor practice fields, and massive weight-training spaces) really benefit the students.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah, all those luxury suites being built at football stadiums across the country (as well as the indoor practice fields, and massive weight-training spaces) really benefit the students.

Thanks for being so worried about the Mizzou student experience. Your zero wins against FBS schools were inspiring. Four different conferences have teams who have won a conference game as a member of the Big 12 more recently than Kansas. You might want to focus your energy towards your own school.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Aldon Smith is making a serious run at the NFL sack record. He's got 18.5 and counting.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:05 PM
There's simply no question that high-quality facilities are an overall asset to the university experience afforded to students. Ultimately, you're right; teams must win, but great facilities (athletics and otherwise) are signs of a healthy, strong university.

Thus, analogies to professional sports don't work.

So does chanting for others to win. There is a reason, the same teams keep their fans chanting SEC... its because Bama, LSU and Florida get rich off the schools that chant.

At some point, there has to be some sort of pride that makes you say, fuck my rivals... I want to rout for my team.

Earn your keep.... Its not like you won enough in the Big XII to talk shit on it.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Aldon Smith is making a serious run at the NFL sack record. He's got 18.5 and counting.

Another sack for Aldon. 19.5 with 3 games to go. He needs 3.5 in the last 3 games to break the record.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
So does chanting for others to win. There is a reason, the same teams keep their fans chanting SEC... its because Bama, LSU and Florida get rich off the schools that chant.

At some point, there has to be some sort of pride that makes you say, **** my rivals... I want to rout for my team.

Earn your keep.... Its not like you won enough in the Big XII to talk shit on it.

Remember when Oklahoma was good enough that they didn't have to worry about what Mizzou was doing. They're a good program now. That's about it, though...nothing special. They'd be a middle of the road program in the SEC, and you know it. That's why you're so fucking obsessed with all things SEC.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Another sack for Aldon. 19.5 with 3 games to go. He needs 3.5 in the last 3 games to break the record.

When a player is all you have to cheer for...... do it... Its better than cheering for another team to handle the business your school doesnt seem interested in handlng..... the last 43 years.

Bowser
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM

At some point, there has to be some sort of pride that makes you say, fuck my rivals... I want to rout for my team.

Why don't you and Wickedson go spoon and whisper sweet Big XII nothings in each others' ears.

No way does Missouri regret going to the SEC. Now or ever. You just worry about smacking the other Big XII pissants around, then getting outcoached in your bowl game.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 05:12 PM
When a player is all you have to cheer for...... do it... Its better than cheering for another team to handle the business your school doesnt seem interested in handlng..... the last 43 years.

Congratulations on only being 5 point underdogs to the #5 school in the SEC.

Bowser
12-09-2012, 05:12 PM

And yet, lowly Missouri gets picked for the SEC over the mighty Sooners.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Remember when Oklahoma was good enough that they didn't have to worry about what Mizzou was doing. They're a good program now. That's about it, though...nothing special. They'd be a middle of the road program in the SEC, and you know it. That's why you're so ****ing obsessed with all things SEC.

OU is more of a basketball school than MU is a football school. OU has been to final fours.

Wrong tree, brother, wrong tree.

43 years since you last won a conference championship....let that sink in. and you shared it with KU.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM
And yet, lowly Missouri gets picked for the SEC over the mighty Sooners.

lol. OU turned down the SEC in 2008. Wished they hadnt, but it is what it is.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:20 PM
SEC would drop MU like a bad habit if OU would come aboard? yes or no?

ImAWalkingCorpse
12-09-2012, 05:20 PM

Hey.. I have a suggestion for you. Eat shit and die.

ImAWalkingCorpse
12-09-2012, 05:21 PM

Nope, MU is now a proud member of the SEC.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 05:23 PM
OU is more of a basketball school than MU is a football school. OU has been to final fours.

Wrong tree, brother, wrong tree.

43 years since you last won a conference championship....let that sink in. and you shared it with KU.

I have no idea WTF that has to do with the fact that your football program has been in a steady decline ever since they were exposed by an SEC team in the NCG. Tebow kicked your ass, but at least that was a great Florida team. You're about to get your asses handed to you by the fifth best team in the SEC. OU would be the seventh best team in the SEC this year. Funny that you're now so worried about what Mizzou is doing that you're camped out in our football thread.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Nope, MU is now a proud member of the SEC.

Because you're willing to be as competitive as you were in the lesser conference. which isnt.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I have no idea WTF that has to do with the fact that your football program has been in a steady decline ever since they were exposed by an SEC team in the NCG. Tebow kicked your ass, but at least that was a great Florida team. You're about to get your asses handed to you by the fifth best team in the SEC. OU would be the seventh best team in the SEC this year. Funny that you're now so worried about what Mizzou is doing that you're camped out in our football thread.

We will be fine against Johnny Football. but it gets you something to cheer about...

what bowl would 7th best get us? What bowl is MU in? again.. keep cheering for others... keep cheering against the conference you couldnt win in most of the fanbases life time.

DeezNutz
12-09-2012, 05:27 PM

0 chance this would happen.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM

yes OU isnt leaving.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:32 PM

hypothetical anyway.... too much value in 3rd tier for OU to leave now. See what happens when you win.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Is this that strange hybrid Beaker/Gooner?

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Is this that strange hybrid Beaker/Gooner?

lol... .. OU basketball has more winning history than MU football.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 05:40 PM

Obsession noted. Sorry that nobody gives a shit about the Big 12 anymore. You'll get used to it eventually.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-09-2012, 05:44 PM

Why do you bandwagon Beaker B-ball then?

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Obsession noted. Sorry that nobody gives a shit about the Big 12 anymore. You'll get used to it eventually.

Nothing wrong with being the new Vanderbilt.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Why do you bandwagon Beaker B-ball then?

They own KC, get to watch them more than MU basketball. LOL... forgot you only chant for your conference..... why shouldnt a big XII fan chant for their own?

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
They own KC, get to watch them more than MU basketball. LOL... forgot you only chant for your conference..... why shouldnt a big XII fan chant for their own?

And the SEC owns the entire country, so there you go.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 06:04 PM
And the SEC owns the entire country, so there you go.

Something for you to cheer for? MU isnt getting it done by itself. Dumbass you couldnt compete in a lesser league... drop your pants get bent over by a different league... it feels different.... but it isnt... school going nowhere.... different scenery..... but its the same..

enjoy your chants.... your new rivals appreciate the support.

eazyb81
12-09-2012, 06:06 PM

The garbage Pac-12 wouldn't take OU. What makes you think a real conference would?

OU is a wallflower in a second tier state. Just own it, bitch.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 06:08 PM
The garbage Pac-12 wouldn't take OU. What makes you think a real conference would?

OU is a wallflower in a second tier state. Just own it, bitch.

Sooners are well on their way to being the second best program in Oklahoma.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Something for you to cheer for? MU isnt getting it done by itself. Dumbass you couldnt compete in a lesser league... drop your pants get bent over by a different league... it feels different.... but it isnt... school going nowhere.... different scenery..... but its the same..

enjoy your chants.... your new rivals appreciate the support.

Oklahoma had the chance to validate the Big 12. The entire conference played exactly one quality non conference game. Notre Dame strolled into Norman and handed you your ass.

There's a reason it's so expensive to leave the Big 12. It's worth it.

eazyb81
12-09-2012, 06:15 PM
There's a reason it's so expensive to leave the Big 12. It's worth it.

OU knows this, they have just realized they are worthless to a quality conference unless they come attached to Bevo's nutsack.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
OU knows this, they have just realized they are worthless to a quality conference unless they come attached to Bevo's nutsack.

Good thing they were able to replace Colorado, Missouri, aTm, and Nebraska with TCU and West Virginia.

They can bask in the panache that comes with holding down the Fort Worth and West Virginia markets. A 50 year plan, indeed.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:02 PM
LOL ... yes football smack from a team that hasnt won a conference championship in 43 years. keep it coming guys.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:04 PM
too boot. you still wont make enough money to compete....

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:04 PM
never had....v never will. but you have the chant.....

Spott
12-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Somebody is obsessed.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Somebody is jealous.

FYP

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:43 PM
FYP

LOL... of what? You are left with the chant also. Like Georgia shouldnt have your bowl. Or did the wrong 2nd place SEC team get left out of the BCS?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM
LOL... of what? You are left with the chant also. Like Georgia shouldnt have your bowl. Or did the wrong 2nd place SEC team get left out of the BCS?

11-1, 3 wins against Top 10 teams, ranked #3. Florida earned their BCS berth, unlike oklahoma.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
11-1, 3 wins against Top 10 teams, ranked #3. Florida earned their BCS berth, unlike oklahoma.
did you beat Georgia?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 07:50 PM
did you beat Georgia?

No, but Georgia has 2 losses and is ranked below 3. Therefore, they don't get the BCS berth. If the SEC could have more than 2 teams in the BCS, which they should be able to, Georgia would be there.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:51 PM
out of georgia and florida... who played in the sec championship?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 07:52 PM

I know the state of Oklahoma isn't known for intelligent conversation, but please don't waste my time with questions whose answer you already know.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:53 PM
No, but Georgia has 2 losses and is ranked below 3. Therefore, they don't get the BCS berth. If the SEC could have more than 2 teams in the BCS, which they should be able to, Georgia would be there.
how did florida deserve a bcs bowl by losing to the 2nd place finisher of the SEC?

pkane
12-09-2012, 07:53 PM

It's like the ku Orange Bowl. The team that loses in the conference championship game typically gets screwed out of a BCS game.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 07:54 PM
how did florida deserve a bcs bowl by losing to the 2nd place finisher of the SEC?

Was K-State the Big XII Champ or were K-State and OU Co-Champs?

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:54 PM
who they lost to.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=DaKCMan AP;9194825]Was K-State the Big XII Champ or were K-State and OU Co-Champs?[/QUOTE

ksu was... how does florida losing to the 2nd place Georgia get them a BCS bowl? and Georgia being left out?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=DaKCMan AP;9194825]Was K-State the Big XII Champ or were K-State and OU Co-Champs?[/QUOTE

ksu was... how does florida losing to the 2nd place Georgia get them a BCS bowl? and Georgia being left out?

Asked & answered.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
by all accounts.... isnt Georgia the 2nd best SEC team?

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=ArrowheadMagic;9194831]

Asked & answered.

KSU won head to head... didnt Georgia win head to head?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=DaKCMan AP;9194834]

KSU won head to head... didnt Georgia win head to head?

I know the state of Oklahoma isn't known for intelligent conversation, but please don't waste my time with questions whose answer you already know.

[QUOTE=ArrowheadMagic;9194831]

Asked & answered.

You're not too bright.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Good thing they were able to replace Colorado, Missouri, aTm, and Nebraska

Two of those four were expendable.

Spott
12-09-2012, 08:02 PM
It's like the ku Orange Bowl. The team that loses in the conference championship game typically gets screwed out of a BCS game.

The BCS doesn't do a very good job of selecting teams for the most part and they tend to punish teams for losing the conference championship game. In 2007, three 3rd place teams got BCS bids(Illinois, Georgia and Kansas). MU actually beat 2 of those teams that year on neutral fields. The same thing happened to Michigan St last year who beat Michigan by 2 touchdowns and lost the Big 10 championship game by 3 points only to have Michigan get a BCS bid over them. I don't feel bad about UGA not getting the BCS bid this year because they got the bid over Tennessee back in 2007.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:03 PM
lol... head to head only matters outside the SEC? Georgia beat UF.... Georgia played for the SEC championship.... do tell how does Georgia not deserve your BCS bowl?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 08:04 PM
lol... head to head only matters outside the SEC? Georgia beat UF.... Georgia played for the SEC championship.... do tell how does Georgia not deserve your BCS bowl?

Precedent.

pkane
12-09-2012, 08:05 PM

Happens all the time. Get over it.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Mizzou doesnt travel for shit.... BCS bowl picked better traveling team... it isnt rocket science. Money

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Precedent.

lol... for losing? its better to not play for a conference championship?

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:08 PM
lol...did florida win by not winning on the field?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 08:10 PM
lol... for losing? its better to not play for a conference championship?

Maybe in other conferences. Georgia had the opportunity to play for a national championship. They lost. This isn't the first time a conf. champ. loser didn't get a BCS bid while a team that didn't play for the conf. champ. did.

I'd tell you to stop being a fucking idiot, but I don't think you can help it.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Maybe in other conferences. Georgia had the opportunity to play for a national championship. They lost. This isn't the first time a conf. champ. loser didn't get a BCS bid while a team that didn't play for the conf. champ. did.

I'd tell you to stop being a ****ing idiot, but I don't think you can help it.

straws.... here.... grasp at them..

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 08:13 PM
straws.... here.... grasp at them..

I know you're trying.

Spott
12-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Still haven't figured out why a half OU, half KU fan is so obsessed about a couple of SEC teams.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Nothing that happened on the field... says florida deserves a better bowl than georgia. you lost they played for the SEC championship..

should 2nd place in the SEC deserve a bcs bowl if they beat the team that ends up getting a bcs bowl? or why play the game?

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Still haven't figured out why a half OU, half KU fan is so obsessed about a couple of SEC teams.

wanting you to down play a conference you havent won in 43 years. you football school you.

ChiefsCountry
12-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Im glad Northern Illinois screwed Oklahoma out of a Bcs bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Florida has a better resume and a higher BCS ranking than Georgia.

I guess that's difficult for a team that isn't playing in the BCS to understand.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:21 PM
wait... you shared it with KU

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Florida has a better resume and a higher BCS ranking than Georgia.

I guess that's difficult for a team that isn't playing in the BCS to understand.

so on the field results dont count?

DaKCMan AP
so on the field results dont coutn?

Of course on field results count. Here's what happened on the field:

Florida beat 3 top-10 teams.
Florida only had 1 loss.
Georgia had 2 losses.

ArrowheadMagic
Im glad Northern Illinois screwed Oklahoma out of a Bcs bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

lol... B1G

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Of course on field results count. Here's what happened on the field:

Florida beat 3 top-10 teams.
Florida only had 1 loss.
Georgia had 2 losses.

georgia beats florida..... plays for SEC championship... did I miss something?

Spott
wanting you to down play a conference you havent won in 43 years. you football school you.

Still doesn't explain why you are obsessed with Mizzou football. If they are such a terrible football school, then why are continuing to post in this thread? They are not your rivals and will likely never play again in any sport. Mizzou will never play a Big 12 game again. Get over it.

DaKCMan AP
georgia beats florida..... plays for SEC championship... did I miss something?

Yes. Georgia lost.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:28 PM
they lose by beating florida? so it only pays to win the SEC not just beat everyone they play in conference up to that? why have the championship game?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 08:30 PM
they lose by beating florida? so it only pays to win the SEC not just beat everyone they play in conference up to that? why have the championship game?

Spoken like a loser from the big xii.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:33 PM
so alabama didnt didnt deserve to be in last years bcs game? confused on where 2nd place in the sec is to be

Spott
12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Obviously the BCS is flawed. Everyone knows that it's crap and it does a horrible job of selecting teams. Almost every year the Orange Bowl gets a shitty matchup between ACC and Big East teams while bowls like the Outback, Cotton and Capital One bowl draw better teams because of their conference affiliations. The BCS isn't exactly the be all end all of college football when you get 2 unranked teams and a MAC school playing in their bowl games.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:35 PM

have enough championships...more to come. yeah sucks to be OU... poor us

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:37 PM

stop being a bitch.... florida lost to georgia....... being 2nd place in the sec gets you screwed.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:38 PM
last thing you want is OU recruiting heavily in FLA. but its coming.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 08:41 PM

LMAO

We're terrified.

Get in line behind Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, LSU, Alabama, ohio state, West Virginia, Louisville, Michigan, USC, and just about every other school in the country.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 08:42 PM
so alabama didnt didnt deserve to be in last years bcs game? confused on where 2nd place in the sec is to be

Alabama didn't lose the SECCG last year. Damn people from oklahoma are stupid.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
LMAO

We're terrified.

Get in line behind Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, LSU, Alabama, ohio state, West Virginia, Louisville, Michigan, USC, and just about every other school in the country.

lol... florida will offer a chance for winning by losing head to head.

Spott
12-09-2012, 08:47 PM

Not many 18 year old kids are going to leave great weather, sunshine, beaches and tons of college girls in skimpy clothes year round to go live in a dust bowl.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
stop being a bitch.... florida lost to georgia....... being 2nd place in the sec gets you screwed.

The BCS isn't fair. This isn't news. You want news? If the BCS were fair, Florida would still be in a BCS bowl, and so would five other SEC teams. Since it's not, the #5 SEC team plays the #2 team from an inferior conference...and Vegas STILL favors the SEC team by almost a touchdown.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Not many 18 year old kids are going to leave great weather, sunshine, beaches and tons of college girls in skimpy clothes year round to go live in a dust bowl.

if OU cant do it..... where do you think MU is on the list?

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 08:49 PM
lol... florida will offer a chance for winning by losing head to head.

Didn't Oklahoma get to lose to an SEC team in the title game after losing to KSU in their CCG?

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:50 PM
The BCS isn't fair. This isn't news. You want news? If the BCS were fair, Florida would still be in a BCS bowl, and so would five other SEC teams. Since it's not, the #5 SEC team plays the #2 team from an inferior conference...and Vegas STILL favors the SEC team by almost a touchdown.

more chances for you to cheer? or did MU finish like every other year since 1968?

Bowser
12-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Still in a better league than Oklahoma.

This seems to be bothering you. Go ahead and talk about it. It's good to get this stuff off your chest.

Spott
12-09-2012, 08:52 PM

I didn't say they could or would recruit Florida. Florida produces a ton of athletes and most of them stay in the south.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Didn't Oklahoma get to lose to an SEC team in the title game after losing to KSU in their CCG?

3rd place team didnt leap frog anyone.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 08:54 PM

Florida is terrified of OU recruiting Florida.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?class=2013&date=20121209

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
I didn't say they could or would recruit Florida. Florida produces a ton of athletes and most of them stay in the south.

most of them go where they can play.

Spott
12-09-2012, 08:55 PM

I'm pretty sure that Vegas would list 6 SEC teams as favorites over ND in the championship game.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 08:56 PM
more chances for you to cheer? or did MU finish like every other year since 1968?

Chances for me to cheer? I guess so. I mean, I don't see you scoring any touchdowns so I guess we'll be doing the same thing.

Bowser
12-09-2012, 08:56 PM
lol. OU turned down the SEC in 2008. Wished they hadnt, but it is what it is.

Almost missed this.

You ARE mad Missouri is in the SEC and Oklahoma isn't. Fantastic!

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Florida is terrified of OU recruiting Florida.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?class=2013&date=20121209

you do recruit well.. you just dont beat people on the field... when it matters.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Makes fun of SEC fans for rooting for the conference...

Cheers for Oklahoma football and Kansas basketball.

Saul Good
12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
you do recruit well.. you just dont beat people on the field... when it matters.

Didn't they just beat Oklahoma's asses in the NCG a few years ago?

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Almost missed this.

You ARE mad Missouri is in the SEC and Oklahoma isn't. Fantastic!

lol...its OU we will be fine regardless what ever happens... its called. moneymaker. if OU told the SEC to drop MU and we join..... done. stop being daKCman.

Spott
12-09-2012, 09:01 PM

Yes, in 2008.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 09:01 PM

Scoreboard, bitch.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/56044/score.jpg

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 09:02 PM
How many top 10 teams did oklahoma beat this year?

Bowser
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
lol...its OU we will be fine regardless what ever happens... its called. moneymaker. if OU told the SEC to drop MU and we join..... done. stop being daKCman.

Hey, I get it it. If my team was a team as full of rich history as yours, I'd want them in the best conference out there as well. I mean, Oklahoma has just absolutely made its mark in both major college sports for years, decades really, and here comes little 'ol Mizzou joining up with the elite conference, while you sit back and have the JV league to play against. Just think about how good Oklahoma COULD be if it had competition to push it on a weekly basis, all the opportunities to get better playing against the best out there, only to see your school choose not to want that.

I'd be frustrated, too.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Makes fun of SEC fans for rooting for the conference...

Cheers for Oklahoma football and Kansas basketball.

Scoreboard, bitch.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/56044/score.jpg

was a good win. OU didnt run the ball well. Had the line to do it.. but we were big game bob'ed down. Texas athletes are great, but was the game that showed we need to get more involved in so cal and florida. A step the program needed to be shown.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 09:08 PM

no one but we didnt get a bcs game over a team that we lost to.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
how many games did georgia beat florida?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 09:10 PM
no one but we didnt get a bcs game over a team that did.

Florida beat 3 - I'd call beating people on the field when it matters. Name another team that beat that many.

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Florida beat 3 - I'd call beating people on the field when it matters. Name another team that beat that many.

georgia says hi? alabama played who in the SEC championship?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 09:18 PM
BCS selection procedures
Automatic Qualification, At-Large Eligibility and Team Selection
EmailPrint
Automatic qualification
1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings shall play in the National Championship Game.

2. The champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and Southeastern conferences will have automatic berths in one of the participating bowls through the 2013 regular season.

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. (Note: a second team may be eligible for at-large eligibility as noted below.) If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be considered for at-large selection if it meets the criteria.

4. Notre Dame will have an automatic berth if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings.

5. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 4, and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 3 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier, provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.

6. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 5, and if no team qualifies under paragraph No. 5 and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 4 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.

At-large eligibility
If there are fewer than 10 automatic qualifiers, then the bowls will select at-large participants to fill the remaining berths. An at-large team is any Football Bowl Subdivision team that is bowl-eligible and meets the following requirements:

A. Has won at least nine regular-season games, and
B. Is among the top 14 teams in the final BCS Standings.

No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings.

If fewer than 10 teams are eligible for selection, then the Bowls can select as an at-large team any Football Bowl Subdivision team that is bowl-eligible, has won at least nine regular-season games and is among the top 18 teams in the final BCS Standings subject to the two-team limit noted above and also subject to the following: (1) if any conference has two or more teams in the top 14, then two of those teams must be selected and (2) from the teams ranked 15-18, a bowl can select only a team from a conference that has fewer than two teams in the top 14.

If expansion of the pool to 18 teams does not result in 10 teams eligible for selection, then the pool shall be expanded by blocks of 4 teams until 10 eligible teams are available subject to the two-team limit noted above and also subject to the following: (1) if any conference has two or more teams in the top 14, then two of those teams must be selected and (2) from the teams ranked 15 or lower, a bowl can select only a team from a conference that has fewer than two teams in the top 14.

Relative to the two preceding paragraphs, all teams ranked in the top 14, other than those from conferences which have already had two teams selected, must be included in the bowl selections.

Note: in order to participate in a BCS Bowl game, a team (i) must be eligible for post-season play under the rules of the NCAA and, if it not an independent, under the rules of its conference and (ii) must not have imposed sanctions upon itself prohibiting participation in a post-season game for infractions of the rules of the NCAA or the rules of its conference.

Team selection procedures
The bowls will select their participants from two pools: (1) automatic qualifiers, all of which must be selected, and, (2) at-large teams, if fewer than 10 teams qualify automatically. The following sequence will be used when establishing pairings:

1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings will be placed in the National Championship Game ("NCG").

2. Unless they qualify to play in the NCG, the champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to host selected games:

Atlantic Coast Conference-Orange Bowl
Big Ten Conference-Rose Bowl
Big 12 Conference-Fiesta Bowl
Pac-12 Conference-Rose Bowl
Southeastern Conference-Sugar Bowl

3. If a bowl loses a host team to the NCG, then such bowl shall select a replacement team from among the automatic-qualifying teams and the at-large teams before any other selections are made. If two bowls lose host teams to the NCG, each bowl will get a replacement pick before any other selections are made. In such case, the bowl losing the No. 1 team gets the first replacement pick, and the bowl losing the No. 2 team gets the second replacement pick. If the Rose Bowl loses both the Big Ten and Pac-12 champions to the NCG, it will receive two replacement picks.

For the games of January 2011 through 2014, the first year the Rose Bowl loses a team to the NCG and a team from the non-AQ group is an automatic qualifier, that non-AQ team will play in the Rose Bowl.

A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select any of the following:

A. A team in the NCG;
B. The host team for another BCS Bowl;
C. When two bowls lose host teams, then the bowl losing the number one team may not select a replacement team from the same conference as the number two team, unless the bowl losing the number two team consents.

4. After steps No. 1, 2 and 3 have been completed, any bowl with an unfilled slot shall select a team from the automatic qualifiers and/or at-large teams in the following order for the games played in 2007 through 2010:

January 2011 games: Sugar, Orange, Fiesta

January 2012 games: Fiesta, Sugar, Orange

January 2013 games: Fiesta, Sugar, Orange

January 2014 games: Orange, Sugar, Fiesta

All teams earning automatic berths must be selected.

5. After completion of the selection process as described in Paragraph Nos. 1-4, the conferences and Notre Dame may, but are not required to, adjust the pairings taking into consideration the following:

A. whether the same team will be playing in the same bowl game for two consecutive years;
B. whether two teams that played against one another in the regular season will be paired against one another in a bowl game;
C. whether the same two teams will play against each other in a bowl game for two consecutive years; and
D. whether alternative pairings may have greater or lesser appeal to college football fans as measured by expected ticket sales for the bowls and by expected television interest, and the consequent financial impact on ESPN and the bowls.

The pairings may not be altered by removing the Big Ten Champion or Pac-12 champion from the Rose Bowl.

Tie-breaking procedure
The following steps will be used to resolve any ties in the standings after the computation is carried out to full decimal points:

1. Look to head-to-head result;

2. If the tie is not resolved by paragraph No. 1, then evaluate results against the highest-ranked common opponent in the BCS standings;

3. If the tie is not resolved by paragraph Nos. 1-2, then calculate tied teams' place in BCS Standings using all six computer providers (i.e., do not throw out the high and low computer rankings) and the Harris and Coaches polls;

4. If the tie is not resolved by paragraph Nos. 1-3, then draw.

BCS standings
The Harris Interactive College Football Poll, USA Today Coaches Poll and computer rankings each comprise one-third of the BCS Standings. To derive the three percentages, each team is assigned an inverse point total (25 for No. 1, 24 for No. 2, etc.)

The two poll percentages are calculated by dividing each team's point total by a maximum 2850 possible points (Harris) and 1525 possible points (USA Today). The computer rankings percentage is calculated by dropping the highest and lowest ranking for each team and then dividing the remaining total by 100 (the maximum possible points).

The BCS Average is calculated by averaging the percentage totals of the Harris Interactive Poll, USA Today Poll, and computer rankings. The teams' BCS Averages are ranked to produce the BCS Standings.

The six computer ranking providers are Anderson & Hester, Richard Billingsley, Colley Matrix, Kenneth Massey, Jeff Sagarin and Peter Wolfe. Each computer ranking provider accounts for schedule strength within its formula.

The BCS Standings are used for:

* Determining the two teams that qualify to play in the BCS National Championship Game;

* Determining any other automatic qualifiers; and,

* Establishing the pool of eligible teams for at-large selection.

The BCS Standings are released for eight consecutive weeks each season, including the final Standings on selection Sunday. The National Football Foundation compiles and releases the Standings each week.

Harris Interactive College Football Poll
The Harris poll was first used during the 2005 regular season. To provide the initial pool of potential panelists, each Conference submitted the names of 30 qualified individuals; Harris Interactive randomly selected 10 panelists from among the names submitted by each Conference. Notre Dame submitted a list of six qualified individuals, from which Harris randomly selected three. Army and Navy together submitted a list of three qualified individuals from which Harris selected one.

When a person leaves the panel, the conference that originally nominated the individual nominates three others to take the spot. Harris Interactive then randomly selects the replacement.

The Harris Poll is released for nine consecutive weeks each season, including the final poll on selection Sunday.

Standards for future BCS automatic qualification
Under the terms of the agreements with the bowls and television rightsholder, the ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC will have annual automatic qualification for their champions for the 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons.

Results from the 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 regular seasons will be evaluated to determine whether a seventh conference earns automatic qualification for the 2012-13 and 2013-14 bowl games.

The process is as follows:

* The evaluation includes the following for each conference

(1) Average Ranking of Highest-Ranked Team, the ranking of the highest-ranked team in the final BCS Standings each year (if a conference does not place a team in the final BCS Standings, then its highest-ranked team is determined by the conference member that has the highest average ranking in the computer rankings used in the BCS Standings),

(2) Average Conference Ranking, the final regular-season rankings of all conference teams in the computer rankings used by the BCS each year, and

(3) Top 25 Performance Ranking, the number of teams in the top 25 of the final BCS Standings each year, with adjustments to account for differences in the number of members of each conference.

A conference will become the seventh automatic qualifier if it finishes among the top six conferences in both No. 1 and No. 2 and if its ranking in No. 3 is equal to or greater than 50 percent of the conference with the highest ranking in No. 3.

* Further, a conference will be eligible to apply to the Presidential Oversight Committee for an exemption if it finishes among the top six in both No. 1 and No. 2 and if its ranking in No. 3 is equal to or greater than 33.3 percent of the conference with the highest ranking in No. 3, OR

If it finishes among the top seven in either No. 1 or No. 2 and among the top five in the other and if its ranking in No. 3 is equal to or greater than 33.3 percent of the conference with the highest ranking in No. 3.

No. 3 above, the "Top 25 Performance Rating," will be calculated as follows: Points will be awarded to the conferences based on their teams' finishes in the top 25 of the final BCS Standings each year. Points will be awarded as follows:

Teams finishing 1-6: 4 points for each team Teams finishing 7-12: 3 points for each team Teams finishing 13-18: 2 points for each team Teams finishing 19-25: 1 point for each team

The point totals will be adjusted to account for the size of the conference, as follows:

Conference membership | Adjustment

12 or more member | no adjustment

10 or 11 members | points increased by 12.5 percent

9 or fewer members | points increased by 25 percent

* The computations will be made according to the conference's membership on Dec. 4, 2011.

If the BCS continues under the same or a similar format, conferences will be evaluated on their performances during the 2010 to 2013 regular seasons to determine which conferences without bowl contracts will have automatic qualification for the bowls that will conclude the 2014-2017 regular seasons.

Where in the above does it state that 1) beating Florida and 2) losing the SEC Championship game earns you a BCS berth?

ArrowheadMagic
12-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Where in the above does it state that 1) beating Florida and 2) losing the SEC Championship game earns you a BCS berth?

outside of georgia being better than florida...hence beating them? there is no reason to have conference championships? who does it benefit? outside a team that didnt play one of the teams and lost to the one did play?

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
outside of georgia being better than florida...hence beating them? there is no reason to have conference championships? who does it benefit? outside a team that didnt play one of the teams and lost to the one did play?

You're a fucking idiot.

Is Baylor better than K-State? They beat them, so they must be better according to your (il)logic.

The conf. championship would have benefited Georgia if they won. They didn't. Why should they benefit from a loss?

Saul Good
12-10-2012, 08:02 AM

Maybe to determine the conference champion?

That would seem to be the point of a conference championship game. Pretty sure that the Big 12 has as much experience with this scenario as anyone given that Kansas went to the Orange Bowl over Mizzou in 2007, and Nebraska made it to the title game despite not playing in the CCG.

Saulbadguy
12-10-2012, 08:04 AM

:LOL:

Saul Good
12-10-2012, 08:32 AM
:LOL:

Isn't that cute...an Oklahoma fan telling a Florida fan that Florida loses in big games. It's like bizarro world, but then so is the entire state of Oklahoma.

DJ's left nut
12-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Isn't that cute...an Oklahoma fan telling a Florida fan that Florida loses in big games. It's like bizarro world, but then so is the entire state of Oklahoma.

In fairness, he's not really an Oklahoma fan, he's just your standard bandwagon "BOOMER" fan.

Anybody that picks a college team for one sport and a conference rival of that same team in another sport isn't really a fan of either team.

Arrowheadmagic is just another idiot CoMo.

Saul Good
12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
In fairness, he's not really an Oklahoma fan, he's just your standard bandwagon "BOOMER" fan.

Anybody that picks a college team for one sport and a conference rival of that same team in another sport isn't really a fan of either team.

Arrowhead Hawk is just another idiot CoMo.

The coup de grace is the fact that he then rips SEC fan for pulling for their rivals when playing outside the conference.

It's pretty clear that the SEC has created a synergy which helps all of the teams from a marketing and recruiting standpoint. I'm pretty sure no such relationship exists between Kansas and Oklahoma.

patteeu
12-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Hey Saul Good, did you go to Mizzou? I'm just curious.

Full disclosure, I grew up a Mizzou fan so they've always been my #1 college team, but I went to Missouri S&T (formerly UMRolla) and UTexas. I know it's probably a sin, but when it's not against Missouri's interest, I root for Texas.

WilliamTheIrish
12-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Arrowhead Hawk is just another idiot CoMo.

Well, yes ArrowheadHawk is pretty much an idiot. But in this case you're referring to Arrowheadmagic.

DJ's left nut
12-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Well, yes ArrowheadHawk is pretty much an idiot. But in this case you're referring to Arrowheadmagic.

Good eyes, good sir. I'm just used to calling Arrowhead Hawk an idiot and frankly, old habits die hard.

Corrected.

WilliamTheIrish
12-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Good eyes, good sir. I'm just used to calling Arrowhead Hawk an idiot and frankly, old habits die hard.

Corrected.
The last two pages of this thread have me feeling like I'm watching Stand By Me.

Slowly, a sound started to build in Arrowheadmagic's' stomach. A strange and scary sound, like a log truck coming at you at a hundred miles-an-hour. Suddenly, Arrowhead magic opened his mouth, and before Spott knew it...

[ArrowheadMagic barfs all over Spott]

Gordie: ... he was covered with five pies worth of used blueberries. The women in the audience screamed. Spott took one look at Saul Good and barfed on DaKCman, who barfed on Bowser sitting next to him. PGM barfed on Truman.

...But when the smell hit the crowd, that's when ArrowheadMagics' plan really started to work. Girlfriends barfed on boyfriends. Kids barfed on their parents. A fat lady barfed in her purse. The Donnelley twins barfed on each other, and the Women's Auxiliary barfed all over the Benevolent Order of Antelopes. And ArrowheadMagic just sat back and enjoyed what he'd created-a complete and total barf-o-rama!

Yea... A complete and total barf-o-rama..

Saul Good
12-10-2012, 10:18 AM
The last two pages of this thread have me feeling like I'm watching Stand By Me.

Damn it. I started reading the story in Morga.n Freeman's voice until I got to the second sentence and realized what part of the movie that was...but yeah, that sums it up pretty well.

BourbonMan
12-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Agree!!

Dr. Gigglepants
12-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Pete Scantlebury ‏@PeteScantlebury

Four-star former #Mizzou commit Nick Ramirez just informed me via text that he committed to Kansas State.

Dr. Gigglepants
12-13-2012, 07:31 PM
New thread time? This entire season: :banghead:

Ebolapox
12-13-2012, 07:35 PM
of fucking course. typical.

Prison Bitch
12-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Pete Scantlebury ‏@PeteScantlebury

Four-star former #Mizzou commit Nick Ramirez just informed me via text that he committed to Kansas State.

It's too bad Gary Pinkel didn't get the chance to help this troubled youngster in turning around his life.

tomahawk kid
12-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Anyone have the scuttlebutt on Ramirez? Several folks have mentioned rumors concerning off the field stuff, but nothing specific.

DA_T_84
12-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Kstate

Unnnnngghhhhh

ChiefMojo
12-14-2012, 05:06 AM
Oh don't worry Bill Snyder will do that for him.

OmahaChief
12-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Anyone have the scuttlebutt on Ramirez? Several folks have mentioned rumors concerning off the field stuff, but nothing specific.

As a Mizzou fan I heard that stuff an immediatley figured Mizzou guys were in spin mode. I have no idea if he has issues or not but it seems anyone that decommits has some issue. More than likely the big issue is Pinkel is dumpster fire that should have been let go and kids don't want to play for him and his crap attitude anymore.

Saul Good
12-14-2012, 06:22 AM

I haven't heard anything negative about him.

WilliamTheIrish
12-14-2012, 07:00 AM
ECO-Cats FT(recruiting)W!

eazyb81
12-14-2012, 07:22 AM
I haven't heard anything negative about him.

It's been vaguely mentioned on Power Mizzou for the last month or so.

ChiTown
12-14-2012, 07:44 AM
It's been vaguely mentioned on Power Mizzou for the last month or so.

I've heard rumblings of theft and destruction of property charges.

Apparently he stole Pinkel's lunch money and shit all over the Program when he de-committed. Just a rumor, mind you.......

tomahawk kid
12-14-2012, 08:00 AM
I've heard rumblings of theft and destruction of property charges.

Apparently he stole Pinkel's lunch money and shit all over the Program when he de-committed. Just a rumor, mind you.......

Ha ha ha.

Based on what I pieced together from various Mizzou boards, it SOUNDS like there may have been an incident on one of his visits to Mizzou over the Spring / Summer.

Then, when he de-commited to visit ksu, his offer was pulled.

Not saying that's what happened, simply stating what I've picked up based on circulating rumors.

ChiTown
12-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Ha ha ha.

Based on what I pieced together from various Mizzou boards, it SOUNDS like there may have been an incident on one of his visits to Mizzou over the Spring / Summer.

Not saying that's what happened, simply stating what I've picked up based on circulating rumors.

Oh, I'm sure that's what happened......

Dr. Gigglepants
12-14-2012, 08:19 AM
My money is on the Pinkel dumpster fire theory.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
12-14-2012, 09:23 AM
I hope he's a felon. On the field and in the community.

DJ's left nut
12-14-2012, 10:14 AM
And there went my favorite commit of the season.

Knew he was gone as soon as he de-committed. What a goddamn mess this program has been since the Syracuse game.

eazyb81
12-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Ha ha ha.

Yep, this is what it sounds like.

I think Ramirez is a fine player but I'm not too upset on missing him. We have taken a lot of LBs the last two classes and I'd much rather focus on shoring up the D line.

We need at least four DT commits in the class. Getting a commit from Bradley this weekend would be huge.

duncan_idaho
12-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Losing Ramirez sucks. I think he's going to be a good college player.

I know the Mizzou coaches have long considered this a great in-state LB class and that's why they filled over their real need in this class (took 3 when they really wanted two). Hard to hold a spot in this class at that position, so once Ramirez started looking around, the writing was on the wall (Andy Hill and Pinkel have been spending a lot of time in the KC area checking in on JUCO DTs, DT Maliek Collins, OT Clay Rhodes - but no mention of checking in on Ramirez).

I'd imagine if either Burkett or Biesel had done the same thing as Ramirez, we'd be having the same conversation about them.

It worries me a bit that Missouri was taking 3 LBs in this class, all of whom project as MLB (Biesel for sure - and Burkett is a classic tampa 2 MLB). That's how you end up in situations where a guy like Andrew Wilson is playing in space all the time, against WRs.

There is no wiggle room for Pinkel and staff. They must turn some of the recruiting around. And they must turn the 2013 season around from where it was.