PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Anyone thinks that Pioli is talking to the Cowboys about Carr?

Fat Elvis
03-01-2012, 09:04 AM
If the Cowboys are really serious about Carr, do you think Pioli is gauging whether or not they would give up the 2 first round picks to sign him if he puts the franchise tag on him? If they would be willing to do that, he could use those two picks as trade bait with St. Louis....

I would have a completely newfound respect for Pioli if he could pull that off.

Inmem58
03-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Why do you think we'd get two-second round picks for Carr?

Lzen
03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
If the Cowboys are really serious about Carr, do you think Pioli is gauging whether or not they would give up the 2 first round picks to sign him if he puts the franchise tag on him? If they would be willing to do that, he could use those two picks as trade bait with St. Louis....

I would have a completely newfound respect for Pioli if he could pull that off.

Why would the Cowboys give away their hand like that?

loochy
03-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Why do you think we'd get two-second round picks for Carr?

because Jerry Jones is an effing r-tard

the Talking Can
03-01-2012, 09:12 AM
you think Dallas would consider, for even one single milli-second, giving up 2 first round picks for Carr?

Fat Elvis
03-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Why would the Cowboys give away their hand like that?

Because they REALLY need a CB, and they won't get an elite one where they are picking. Carr is a proven commodity.

L.A. Chieffan
03-01-2012, 09:14 AM
dammit if pioli doesnt get two 1sts for carr i swear to god imm gonna burn down arrowhead drive!

BossChief
03-01-2012, 09:15 AM
As long as he signs the tag, we can trade him for whatever we want to.

We would gamble losing Bowe by doing that, though.

Sofa King
03-01-2012, 09:15 AM
LMAO @ 2 firsts for a #2 cb.

Inmem58
03-01-2012, 09:16 AM
dammit if pioli doesnt get two 1sts for carr i swear to god imm gonna burn down arrowhead drive!

I can only see us getting a 4th. At best a 3rd

L.A. Chieffan
03-01-2012, 09:17 AM

you dont know shit, pioli is god that will convince the COLTS they need carr. AHAAHAHA fuck you SUCK4LUCKERS!! HAHAHAAA

Fat Elvis
03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
you think Dallas would consider, for even one single milli-second, giving up 2 first round picks for Carr?

If they think that DB is one of the positions holding them back from being a championship caliber team, then yes, definitely. That second first basically becomes a near two next year....

Fat Elvis
03-01-2012, 09:20 AM
LMAO @ 2 firsts for a #2 cb.

He is a #1 CB for a lot of teams--Dallas for example; there were plenty of CPers who thought he is better than Flowers.

Pestilence
03-01-2012, 09:20 AM
I could see the Cowboys trading Carr for their 2nd round pick. There is no way that we get 2 1st round picks for him.

Deberg_1990
03-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Has any team ever given up two 1sts for any CB?

Micjones
03-01-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure we'd get ONE First Round pick for him save a tag/trade situation.

boogblaster
03-01-2012, 09:24 AM
dont think hes better than flowers .. but he has had acouple good years lately ......

Fat Elvis
03-01-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure we'd get ONE First Round pick for him save a tag/trade situation.

Well, we're halfway there then....

qabbaan
03-01-2012, 09:26 AM
ROFL ... when was the last time a team paid two firsts for anyone? Let alone basically a good #2 corner?

BigChiefFan
03-01-2012, 09:29 AM
I can see, possibly one first rounder, but not anymore than that.

A 25 year old proven and still ascending CB is hard to come by and some team might justify giving up some compensation for him, but two first-rounders might be a bit optimistic, IMO.

durtyrute
03-01-2012, 09:30 AM
It will be interesting though to see how we play it. Either tag Bowe and trade him to the Rams with some picks to get RGIII, or tag Carr, trade him to the Boys, get some picks give said picks to the Rams, and get RGIII.

Decisions.....decisions

Micjones
03-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, we're halfway there then....

Hopefully they're working overtime at getting Bowe signed.

BigChiefFan
03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Hopefully they're working overtime at getting Bowe signed.Yeah, I'd say that's priority one since we signed Routt.

Micjones
03-01-2012, 09:44 AM
It will be interesting though to see how we play it. Either tag Bowe and trade him to the Rams with some picks to get RGIII, or tag Carr, trade him to the Boys, get some picks give said picks to the Rams, and get RGIII.

Decisions.....decisions

I'd prefer we got Bowe signed and tagged Carr.

Sounds like the Rams are going to want a King's ransom for that pick though.
I might just keep the #1 I got from them and use it on Tannehill and another R1 player (DeCastro/Poe/Konz/Martin/Richardson).

durtyrute
03-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I'd prefer we got Bowe signed and tagged Carr.

Sounds like the Rams are going to want a King's ransom for that pick though.
I might just keep it and use it on Tannehill and maybe an O-Lineman.

Before we signed Routt, I wanted to sign Carr and tag Bowe, but now let's flip that. For me, signing Tannehill, who has only played one year at QB, is basically the same as trying to go with Stanzi. We can all guess at who has the higher ceiling, but it is all a crap shoot.

Micjones
03-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Before we signed Routt, I wanted to sign Carr and tag Bowe, but now let's flip that. For me, signing Tannehill, who has only played one year at QB, is basically the same as trying to go with Stanzi. We can all guess at who has the higher ceiling, but it is all a crap shoot.

Except that Stanzi was never able to impress the staff enough to warrant being moved off that 3rd QB spot. Should we give up on him? No. But I also wouldn't hesistate to draft Tannehill. Two developmental heads are better than one.

durtyrute
03-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Except that Stanzi was never able to impress the staff enough to warrant being moved off that 3rd QB spot. Should we give up on him? No. But I also wouldn't hesistate to draft Tannehill. Two developmental heads are better than one.

The "two is better that one" is a very true statement, but I'm not spending a first on a guy that has one played QB for one year in his whole life. I fully believe that last year, Stanzi was off limits and Haley wanted to stick with Palko and didn't want to give up on the guy after two or three games. I'm not saying that I have inside info, but neither does anyone else.

jd1020
03-01-2012, 10:13 AM
How long have the Chiefs had to extend Bowe?

How many days do they have left?

Carr's gone, people, and we aren't getting anything in return. Deal with it.

Mr. Laz
03-01-2012, 12:02 PM
If they are serious about moving up for RGIII they are. It's only realistic way to trade up that high is to get a 1st round pick for Carr or Bowe.

i don't think they will get two 1st rounders for either but another 1st round pick would give us a shot at trading up. Especially since Dallas has a decently high pick this year(#14)

#11th and #14th pick is only 300 draft value points less than Clevelands two 1st round picks. Going by the old chart doesn't count the same but still shows relative competing values.

Detoxing
03-01-2012, 12:07 PM
No one is giving up a 1st rounder for Carr or Bowe and then paying them big money.

The sooner CP can get over that shit, the better.

If anyone was interested in giving up a 1st rounder for Carr, they would have done it last season when he was a RFA.

And no one is going to give up a first rounder for Bowe when they could give up the same and get a younger, more explosive Mike Wallace.

RustShack
03-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Its amazing how much some people overvalue Carr.

Okie_Apparition
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Carr is worth 2 1st
& RGIII can be had for 2 1st, a 2nd & 3rd

This is some amazing logic

Detoxing
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM

Indeed. He's a good corner, but Revis he is not.

Sofa King
03-01-2012, 12:31 PM

Chiefs fans always overvalue Chiefs players.

Inmem58
03-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Chiefs fans always overvalue Chiefs players.

Like Chris Manno or Corey Mays lol

Hoover
03-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Look, I think we should be doing what ever we can to lock up Bowe right now. The guy is the best WR we have had in years, and frankly I would love to see what he could do with a real QB. Pay the guy, he's earned it.

IF that happens we should tag Carr and then see what we can get. Worse case we end up with a really expensive but awesome backfield for a year. If we could get Dallas' 2nd this year or 1st next year, I'd jump all over it.

Count Zarth
03-01-2012, 12:37 PM
No. He's not smart.

whoman69
03-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Moot point right now. Until he signs, Bowe is #1 in position to get the tag. Stupid idea to franchise Carr just to trade him when it means you lose out on Bowe as well.

jd1020
03-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Moot point right now. Until he signs, Bowe is #1 in position to get the tag. Stupid idea to franchise Carr just to trade him when it means you lose out on Bowe as well.

If we were in trade talks and it required a tag trade to move up for a potential franchise QB and the team wanted Carr, then Bowe can take a hike.

suds79
03-01-2012, 12:41 PM

I find it amazing that people still talk about Carr like we can do something with him?

He might as well be an ex-Chief right now as far as I see it.

Oh I'm sure the Chiefs below market value offer still stands. But he's as good as gone.

Molitoth
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
moot

BigMeatballDave
03-01-2012, 01:21 PM

Dont be silly. Someone would give up a 1st for him.

2 1st? No way.

BigMeatballDave
03-01-2012, 01:23 PM
How long have the Chiefs had to extend Bowe?

How many days do they have left?

Carr's gone, people, and we aren't getting anything in return. Deal with it.

Deadline to Tag is Monday 4pm.

BigMeatballDave
03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I find it amazing that people still talk about Carr like we can do something with him?

He might as well be an ex-Chief right now as far as I see it.

Oh I'm sure the Chiefs below market value offer still stands. But he's as good as gone.

He can still be tagged.

They just need to sign Bowe.

jd1020
03-01-2012, 02:25 PM
We can still get Carr...

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Ravens are releasing CB Chris Carr and Steelers are releasing DL Aaron Smith #insideslant

whoman69
03-01-2012, 02:56 PM
If we were in trade talks and it required a tag trade to move up for a potential franchise QB and the team wanted Carr, then Bowe can take a hike.

Fantasy, no basis in reality.