PDA

View Full Version : Football Get Eric Mangini out of the booth and off my tv

lcarus
03-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm sick of him and his smug face and his safe answers to everything. I don't need to see a guy auditioning for his next job by saying the "right thing" on an ESPN opinion show.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2012, 01:59 PM
He's never struck me as smug, just doofus and a wieny.

Dayze
03-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I've really grown to detest (sp?) ESPN over the years. Aside from stumbling upon a Sportscenter now and again, I don't watch it at all.

well, I take that back...I like the 30 for 30 stuff they do. Other than that.....meh.
which is too bad..I really liked it about 15 years ago.

the Talking Can
03-01-2012, 02:02 PM
he's a dick bag

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
I've really grown to detest (sp?) ESPN over the years. Aside from stumbling upon a Sportscenter now and again, I don't watch it at all.

well, I take that back...I like the 30 for 30 stuff they do. Other than that.....meh.
which is too bad..I really liked it about 15 years ago.

It used to be my go to channel. Nothing I wanted to watch elsewhere... ESPN. Just want background noise... ESPN. Figure something interesting will be on shortly... ESPN. Now I "go to" USA and just leave Law & Order or CSI or any of their original shows on and have come to like the originals a lot. Burn Notice is on right now in fact.

ESPN is too much PTI, the horrible show with Cowherd/Beadle, etc. Less real sports, more attention whore bullshitfest.

Dayze
03-01-2012, 02:19 PM
It used to be my go to channel. Nothing I wanted to watch elsewhere... ESPN. Just want background noise... ESPN. Figure something interesting will be on shortly... ESPN. Now I "go to" USA and just leave Law & Order or CSI or any of their original shows on and have come to like the originals a lot. Burn Notice is on right now in fact.

ESPN is too much PTI, the horrible show with Cowherd/Beadle, etc. Less real sports, more attention whore bullshitfest.

yeah. I had a sick day the other day and noticed it's just a stream of opinion shows; all of which are horrible. Cowheard, Kornhole, Bayliss....
It's become the TMZ of sports.

awful, awful.

Sofa King
03-01-2012, 02:19 PM
ESPN has practically nothing to offer any more. It's basically classified as a drama anymore.

They spend less and less time doing actual sports reporting and more and more reporting who eats what, who's fucking who, who got in trouble..... it's sad.

Dayze
03-01-2012, 02:22 PM
yeah. THe little side-bar ticker thing they have that shows what topic is coming up, is the indicator of how bad the network is. I once saw like 8 of the 9 slots for the upcoming topic as Peyton Manning; or Tim Tebow.

it's like a gossip show.

Brainiac
03-01-2012, 02:28 PM
I'll be the lone wolf in this thread and say that I enjoy watching ESPN.

Well, except for Skip Bayless. He's just a Tebow-loving douche.

And Herm.

And Bobby Knight. And Holly Rowe. Why the fuck can't we get Erin Andrews for Big 12 games every now and then instead of Holly Rowe every freaking week? :cuss:

But I do watch Mike & Mike and PTI and Sportscenter. ESPN isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than watching some of the clowns on the NFL network.

SNR
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
PTI is a quality show. I also enjoy Around the Horn. There's a variety of opinion on each show, and usually they're pretty damn good.

Sportsnation would be a good show if it weren't for Michelle Beadle. She's one dumb fucking bitch. Only reason she got the job is because she's hot.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM

And Herm.

And Bobby Knight. And Holly Rowe. Why the **** can't we get Erin Andrews for Big 12 games every now and then instead of Holly Rowe every freaking week? :cuss:

But I do watch Mike & Mike and PTI and Sportscenter. ESPN isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than watching some of the clowns on the NFL network.

SportsCenter is watchable because it's actually about sports that are going on... not as good as it once was though imo. I love Baseball Tonight and their NFL show with Trey Wingo is fine for information but the hosts are idiots.

SNR
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
However, all of their NFL shows have turned to poo. Absolute, disgusting, squishy, smelly poo. I can't watch them anymore. Any of them.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
PTI is a quality show. I also enjoy Around the Horn. There's a variety of opinion on each show, and usually they're pretty damn good.

Sportsnation would be a good show if it weren't for Michelle Beadle. She's one dumb ****ing bitch. Only reason she got the job is because she's hot.

PTI is the worst thing on there imo... lol... although SportsNation is extremely close... agree about Beadle. Around The Horn is ok but I can't watch it too often or I get really tired of it.

SNR
03-01-2012, 02:42 PM
PTI is the worst thing on there imo... lol... although SportsNation is extremely close... agree about Beadle. Around The Horn is ok but I can't watch it too often or I get really tired of it.Why do you hate it so much? Kornheiser was awful on Monday Night Football, but he's pretty good for a show like this, when he can prepare and get notes on what to say.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Why do you hate it so much? Kornheiser was awful on Monday Night Football, but he's pretty good for a show like this, when he can prepare and get notes on what to say.

Kornhieser and Wilbon just seem like children argueing and trying to be louder than the other much of the time to me. Not saying they never hit on a good topic or decent discussion... just not a fan.

|Zach|
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I really have no idea why someone would value their time so little as to watch an ESPN opinion show. That isn't even snark.

Why would you?

whoman69
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Mangini's problem is he tries to be thoughtful in his responses that he sounds like he's not sure of them. The other cast members are constantly having to prop his confidence up to keep him talking. He doesn't project a level of authority, and certainly his failing record as an HC doesn't help that at all.

ESPN is all too much entertainment these days. They tie Tebow into everything, especially on First and Ten, their worst show except perhaps Dan Lebafugtard

Dayze
03-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I keep reading the OP/Thread title and thinking of that dumb song from the 80's "Get Out of My Dreams And Into My Car"

SNR
03-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I really have no idea why someone would value their time so little as to watch an ESPN opinion show. That isn't even snark.

Why would you?It's entertaining? :shrug:

Okie_Apparition
03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Schefter threw up a chart of what it would take each team to draft RGIII [didn't catch the picks]
for the Browns(4)/Redskins(6)/Dolphins(8)/Seahawks(12)
I bet he caugh alot of shit for the 2 1sts, 2nd & 3rd he threw out there a few days ago

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-01-2012, 03:37 PM
You mean they actually took away time from covering Jeremy Lin and Tebow??

Sannyasi
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Thank you OP. Eric Mangini is awful.

Bump
03-01-2012, 04:45 PM
ESPN has practically nothing to offer any more. It's basically classified as a drama anymore.

They spend less and less time doing actual sports reporting and more and more reporting who eats what, who's ****ing who, who got in trouble..... it's sad.

most people want to see the bullshit, blame our stupid society. All networks care about is ratings and nothing else.

whoman69
03-01-2012, 06:05 PM
You mean they actually took away time from covering Jeremy Lin and Tebow??

Only for LaBron.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Mangini's problem is he tries to be thoughtful in his responses that he sounds like he's not sure of them. The other cast members are constantly having to prop his confidence up to keep him talking. He doesn't project a level of authority, and certainly his failing record as an HC doesn't help that at all.

This is a better way of saying what I was getting at. Mangini doesn't seem confident, let alone authoritative. It's no wonder he failed as a head coach.

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2012, 10:43 PM
NBC Sportstalk is the show to watch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Never seen or heard of it. When is it on?

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Never seen or heard of it. When is it on?

Normally right at 5 its on N B C Sports Network formally Versus.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Normally right at 5 its on N B C Sports Network formally Versus.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks... not sure I have that on my cable. Don't think so.

KCtotheSB
03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

When I get back to the States, this is what I'll be tuning into on a trial basis. My TV pretty much stays glued to NHL Network anyways.

ESPN has beaten a dead horse and proceeded on fucking it with the insufferable Tim Tebow/Jeremy Lin coverage. Yes, I absolutely agree that its society that drives what drivel is put on ESPN's airwaves....which is a damn shame because they take decent sports stories and pound it into the ground until nothing is left.

Did we really need a 60-minute Sportscenter about nothing but Tim Tebow? REALLY? News agencies should report the news, not become part of it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2012, 10:54 PM

Why would you?

Probably the same reason people waste time on Chiefs Planet. Sports fans often enjoy sports talk and opinions.

Buehler445
03-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Don't watch ESPN.

I used to catch Mike and Mike in the morning, but now I don't even turn the TV on in the morning. I sometimes catch SportsCenter at lunch but I'm usually on my laptop doing other things.

Make it a rule, unless a sporting event is on, don't watch ESPN. Your life will get markedly better.

BryanBusby
03-02-2012, 12:15 AM

I just can't bring myself to hate Skip Bayless. He basically gets paid a good salary to get on TV and troll the fuck out of people. If ESPN came to me and said, "hey, we'll pay you 6 figures to go on TV and troll our viewers," I'd be in heaven.

He's livin' the dream, man.

SNR
03-02-2012, 12:18 AM
I just can't bring myself to hate Skip Bayless. He basically gets paid a good salary to get on TV and troll the fuck out of people. If ESPN came to me and said, "hey, we'll pay you 6 figures to go on TV and troll our viewers," I'd be in heaven.

He's livin' the dream, man.
Whitlock trolls the fuck out of his audience.

Skip is just a retard.

Fruit Ninja
03-02-2012, 12:19 AM
I just watch NFL network

BryanBusby
03-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Whitlock trolls the fuck out of his audience.

Skip is just a retard.

Whitlock legitimately believes the shit he writes.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-02-2012, 12:24 AM
I just watch NFL network

I hate it when people change their names.

:D

Disgruntled_Parent via SR's IP in GA
03-02-2012, 12:27 AM
He's never struck me as smug, just doofus and a wieny.

I agree. I'd like to add him to the celebrity death pick, list.

Fruit Ninja
03-02-2012, 12:38 AM
I hate it when people change their names.

:D

You mean, you hate it when the MOds change peoples names? lol I never asked for Fruit Ninja, its my baptized CP name. lol

Fruit Ninja
03-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Whitlock legitimately believes the shit he writes.

Yeah, he reminds me of GoChiefs in a sense, he's usually always wrong. lol Thats more like laughing at him, not with him. So i dunno if you can count that as trolling.

CoMoChief
03-02-2012, 01:53 AM
I can't stand ESPN now. They cover the same garbage all day long, every day of the week, just on different platforms. Same god damn topics, on the same fucking network, repeatedly, just every 30mins there are new hosts in a different studio setting.