PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Charges Filed in Lisbon Wrestling Investigation

rico
03-01-2012, 01:59 PM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120301/SPORTS08/120301019/Charges-filed-in-Lisbon-wrestling-investigation

My younger brothers will be freshmen wrasslers in a couple years. I would immediately turn into a rabid gorilla throwing AIDS infested bananas at some punks if this were to happen to one of them... (although I'm sure they will be able to defend themselves, even as Freshmen). Lately they have really started to crack down on wrestling room/locker room hazing. There was a similar case in Illinois shortly after these allegations took place.

Written by Tommy Birch

The Linn County Attorney’s Office has filed charges against four members of Lisbon High School wrestling team in connection with an investigation inappropriate and offensive physical contact against other members of the team.

According to a statement released by county attorney, senior Nathan Jubeck, 18, senior Dakota VanDyke, 18, junior Hunter Hutchison, 17, and senior Austin Edwards, 17, have been charged in connection with one of the alleged incidents involving a 15-year-old teammate.

Jubeck and VanDyke were charged with assault stemming from an alleged incicent in the shower of the locker room.

Delinquency charges of assault and harassment in the third degree have been filed in juvenile court against Hutchison and Edwards.

On Thursday, Lisbon principal Ian Dye said all four were still students at the school.

Linn County Attorney Jerry Vander Sanden did not return a message left for him Thursday.

Lisbon wrestling coach Jamie Kamberling has not responded to an email from the Register on Thursday.

According to the statement, the 15-year-old teammate reported to school officials and members of the Lisbon Police Department that a group of upperclassmen on the wrestling team had committed several offensive and abusive physical acts against him.

He reported that some members of the team had held him down while others allegedly placed their exposed genitals in his face.

The incidents allegedly took place in the Lisbon wrestling room before coaches arrived and practice began. None of the victims questioned indicated that the coaching staff had any knowledge of the incidents.

On another occasion, other wrestlers had allegedly urinated on him in the shower of the locker room after practice concluded.

The victim outlined in the report is not identified.

According to the statement, Lisbon police were able to identify at least three other victims on the wrestling team who, when questioned, reported being subjected to the same type of contact.

The families of the three requested criminal charges not be filed on their behalf, however.

In January, Lisbon police chief Rick Scott submitted simple assault charges to the Linn County Attorney’s Office for three of the school’s wrestlers.

Questions about the team and season began to arise in December when the school forfeited its meet at Maquoketa Valley on Dec. 22. A letter from the district to parents indicated the school was notified of the situation on Dec. 20.

In January, Lisbon superintendent Brad Laures said the district conducted its own investigation into the situation the school described as bullying and harassment.

Lisbon finished the season ranked No. 9 in Class 1-A.

Hutchison qualified for state in 2010 at 103 pounds but did not finish in the top eight.

Demonpenz
03-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Degeneration X

Dayze
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd never be part of hazing; either administering it, or 'taking it'.

screw that. I'd knock a MFer out.

seclark
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
that's no shocker.
sec

blaise
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
I never got that whole thing. Seems gay to want to put your nuts in some other dude's face.

KCUnited
03-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm glad this kid had the balls to not just sit back and take it on the chin and told the proper authorities.

Brock
03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Isn't that the sport where there's a legitimate hold where you shove your hand up the guy's butt? Yeah, this is totally surprising.

Stewie
03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
No power situp?

rageeumr
03-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Further questioning led to the discovery that the victim was also forced to roll around on a mat with another man while both were in latter stages of undress.

KCUnited
03-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Hopefully that kid's reputation hasn't been tainted over this.

burt
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Isn't that the sport where there's a legitimate hold where you shove your hand up the guy's butt? Yeah, this is totally surprising.

um.....that would NOT be a legitimate hold and if some one had tried it on me in my numerous years of wrestling, I would have been DQ'ed for knocking him out. There are disgusting participants and cheats in every sport.

seclark
03-01-2012, 02:46 PM
i've played a joke or 4 on other people over the years, but no way in hell am i dropping my bag of yams on another guys face. nothing good can come from that, imo.
sec

tooge
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
the teabagging was one thing. the urinating was crossing the line

vailpass
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
snitches get stitches

KCUnited
03-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I'd be using the Sunset Flip gone awry defense to combat that teabagging accusation.

Dayze
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I think it would be perfectly reasonable for the the "Haze-ee" to return to school with a telescopic baton and wait for the "Hazer" in the parking lot.

vailpass
03-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Royce Alger and Scott Morningstar are saddened that this was taken out of house.

BigCatDaddy
03-01-2012, 03:02 PM

The ol Anal Claw.

rico
03-01-2012, 03:03 PM
There was heavy speculation that these kids were going to be charged with something sexual assault related. I'm not sure what assault and harrassment 3rd degree actually is?

I find it ironic that the school was being investigated in December of 2011, but charges were never pressed until 2 weeks after the state tournament.

Pitt Gorilla
03-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Ghey, literally.

NewChief
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
The pussification of America continues. Back in my day we shoved our balls in each others faces and liked it. [/CP manly men]

tooge
03-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I can shove my balls 70 yards in your face.

trndobrd
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
'Lisbon Wrestling'...upon closer scrutiny this thread turned out to be a tremendous disappointment.

CoMoChief
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I would have bitten his cock off.

Who'd be laughing then?

Valiant
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
the teabagging was one thing. the urinating was crossing the line

Really? I think it is vice versa. One is putting your sac on a guys face. The other peeing on him in the shower.

tooge
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Really? I think it is vice versa. One is putting your sac on a guys face. The other peeing on him in the shower.

thats called sarcasm. Neither are things I would want done to my kid.

BoneKrusher
03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
this kid should have taken a mouse trap to the showers with him.

he could still hear that fucker scream when it snapped those balls.

scott free
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
No big deal, boys being boys... just blowing off a little homoerotic steam.

aturnis
03-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah. It was a bad deal. Initially, the only punishment that the boys got was detention or suspension, still allowed on the team.

When the victims father raised a fuss about it, locals and even some of the media made him out to be blowing things out of proportion and borderline crazy. His problem was that his son would not only have to face his classmates again, but also his attackers.

I couldn't believe they tried to play it off like it was nothing. If someone did those things to my boy, I would kill them...

vailpass
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah. It was a bad deal. Initially, the only punishment that the boys got was detention or suspension, still allowed on the team.

When the victims father raised a fuss about it, locals and even some of the media made him out to be blowing things out of proportion and borderline crazy. His problem was that his son would not only have to face his classmates again, but also his attackers.

I couldn't believe they tried to play it off like it was nothing. If someone did those things to my boy, I would kill them...

Thanks Dylan Klebold, that's a healthy response.

aturnis
03-01-2012, 04:49 PM
snitches get stitches

Thanks Dylan Klebold, that's a healthy response.

Yeah. Go to hell.