PDA

View Full Version : Football comprehensive investigation find Saints defense and coaches guilty...

Pages : 1 [2]

TheGuardian
03-06-2012, 04:19 PM
No, I don't have a problem with James Harrison. He had one cheap shot pile drive on Vince Young years ago that was fined. That was inexcusable. The rest are football plays geared toward hitting a player hard so he can knock the ball loose (some were complete BS fines). It's dirty as hell and I don't condone it. But you know what, it's still a 50/50 thing. In many cases, they are clean hits. In some cases, they are fined. In some cases, they are unjustly fined. At least the intent was to make a football play. The difference is I don't think Harrison is hitting the way he does with the intent of going helmet-to-helmet. While his style of play unfortunately makes it happen more often than the average player, it does not appear that he hits the way he does with the intention of making an illegal hit. And he certainly doesn't target a specific player to knock out so that he can create a competitive advantage.

That is completely different from what happened in Minnesota. New Orleans wasn't targeting Favre to get him to cough up the ball. They were targeting him to knock him out of the game. That meant clocking him on a cheap shot where he wasn't even in a position to make any kind of a play. That meant going low on his injured ankle... surprise, in a key tie-game situation. In those situations, there is no excuse. The player knows it's highly illegal and yet he does it anyway. That's totally different. That's putting a bullseye on the top players of the team, and very purposefully using illegal hits and cheap shots that aren't at all required to make a football play, in order to knock the player out of the game and create a competitive advantage.

What Harrison is doing is equivalent to pitching up and in and accidentally hitting somebody on the head. What the Saints are doing is throwing a 95 mph purpose pitch drilled right into the batter's back. Even if the former is more dangerous, the latter is the one that will get you tossed every single time.

Dude you're just a flat our moron. Nothing else need be said.

TheGuardian
03-06-2012, 04:20 PM
And it should. I'd love to see Guardian get crippled by some bozo at his work that gets a fiver for doing it.

I don't play pro football faggot. If I did, I'd be all in on one of these pools.

You guys need tampons.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't play pro football pillowbitergot. If I did, I'd be all in on one of these pools.

You guys need tampons.

Good. I hope you are in one of these pools. You'll be getting an interesting call from the IRS. You can tell them they need tampons too.

Alvin
03-06-2012, 05:06 PM
what is a bounty program?

Didn't that have something to do with the HMS Bounty and mutiny?

TheGuardian
03-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Good. I hope you are in one of these pools. You'll be getting an interesting call from the IRS. You can tell them they need tampons too.

If I were making that kinda jack I wouldn't care.

I mean really, what's the IRS gonna fine these guys? a few grand?

Al Bundy
03-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't play pro football pillowbitergot. If I did, I'd be all in on one of these pools.

You guys need tampons.

Of course you would....