PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Can the Chiefs get bowe signed in time?

malachi47000
03-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Warpaint Illustrated ‏ @ChiefsInsider

Retweet
Favorite
Open

Would not be surprised if the #Chiefs and WR Dwayne Bowe get a deal done B4 the #NFL Tag Deadline! Then again maybe its wishful thinking.

I know we are talking about nick here and his info is as good as cassel's playing but if the Chiefs sign Bowe before the deadline, and tag Carr, perhaps they get the ammunition to move up for RGIII? Manning is contingency plan if they cant sign bowe, tag him, lose carr and they already have backup in Routt?

Wishful thinking I know but what if that is what going on?

pr_capone
03-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Pretty much guarantees they are gonna tag him.

Disgruntled_Parent via SR's IP in GA
03-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Twitter is nothing but a recipe for an eventual lawsuit. Hate it.

malachi47000
03-02-2012, 08:24 PM
besides what he says, brings up that point....any chance Chiefs can get Bowe signed in time to put franchise tag on Carr before deadline?

Direckshun
03-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I think the Chiefs aren't even having conversations with Bowe right now. They're going to tag him right away, and get him signed eventually this summer.

Right now, they're in the war room, plotting what to do about the QB position.

malachi47000
03-02-2012, 08:28 PM
they are going to end up giving him what he wants anyways, might as well make nice contract offer and see if he accepts in time to tag Carr.....Cowboys I am sure would pony up some picks and we wouldn't have to worry about him walking for nothing

Baconeater
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I think the Chiefs aren't even having conversations with Bowe right now. They're going to tag him right away, and get him signed eventually this summer.

Right now, they're in the war room, plotting what to do about the QB position.
LMAO

Direckshun
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
they are going to end up giving him what he wants anyways, might as well make nice contract offer and see if he accepts in time to tag Carr.....

Nah, other than the Cassel signing, every resigning by Pioli has been really good value. The Tamba Hali deal was ridiculously good value for a guy of that skill.

The Chiefs have plenty of leverage. They have Baldwin and Breaston. They can tag Bowe for two years straight.

Bowe wants a long term deal, the Chiefs want a happy Bowe.

My guess is the guy gets paid handsomely, but knowing Bowe's agent, it's going to drag out. Might even be a holdout for a while.

Direckshun
03-02-2012, 08:33 PM
LMAO

:D

philfree
03-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Nah, other than the Cassel signing, every resigning by Pioli has been really good value. The Tamba Hali deal was ridiculously good value for a guy of that skill.

The Chiefs have plenty of leverage. They have Baldwin and Breaston. They can tag Bowe for two years straight.

My guess is the guy gets paid handsomely, but knowing Bowe's agent, it's going to drag out. Might even be a holdout for a while.

I think that's against the new CBA.

Easy 6
03-02-2012, 10:16 PM
No way in the world the team lets him walk, it makes no sense of any kind, at all.

I have to stubbornly refuse to believe it until i see it... its like a Kansas City UFO.

Not really worried.

Mr. Laz
03-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I think that's against the new CBA.
lol ... wut?

beach tribe
03-02-2012, 10:24 PM
I've pretty much said goodbye to Carr. reall wanted to keep him, but he may end up being the 2nd highest paid CB in the NFL, and we shouldn't give him that kind of dough. We have enough secondary talent to be completely fine, and I want to see this team be a powerhouse for a decade, and putting that much $ into the CB position may potentially prevent us from keeping or signing players that could make that a reality.

Good Luck Carr. Thank you for your time in KC.

beach tribe
03-02-2012, 10:26 PM
lol ... wut?

It's going to be a lot harder for players to hold out under the new CBA.

SNR
03-02-2012, 10:26 PM
NOPROLLYNOT

Phobia
03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Seriously? That guys still calls himself a "Chiefs Insider"? Has he ever broken anything true?

whoman69
03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
This article is brought to you by....

http://www.magic-tricks-for-beginners.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/26.magic-eight-ball-online.jpg

philfree
03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
lol ... wut?

Maybe I'm thinking of rookie 1st rounders. There's a new rule im pretty sure.

bevischief
03-03-2012, 05:12 AM
Not till they sign Manning....

michaelj_58
03-03-2012, 07:46 AM
I was wondering if any of you would trade Bowe to get RG3??????????????????????

Inmem58
03-03-2012, 08:16 AM
I was wondering if any of you would trade Bowe to get RG3??????????????????????

No way in hell

jspchief
03-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Regardless of their intentions with Carr, I'm disappointed in how this has gone.

I'd much rather have the team show their willingness to keep the guys they want by making deals without it dragging out.

I suppose its just the naive fan in me. I'm sure in terms of business sense, its important for both sides to squeeze out every dollar they can.

WhiteWhale
03-03-2012, 09:30 AM

Tamba Hali's contract was enormous. He got a guaranteed 35 million dollars for five years and sixty million dollars.

That is, in no way, under Hali's market value. Especially the guaranteed money. It's comparable to other top flight pass rushers.

jd1020
03-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Tamba Hali's contract was enormous. He got a guaranteed 35 million dollars for five years and sixty million dollars.

That is, in no way, under Hali's market value. Especially the guaranteed money. It's comparable to other top flight pass rushers.

WTF are you talking about??

Hali is not making money comparable to top flight pass rushers. He's making 1-3M/y less and got <40M guaranteed which even Jarred Allen got 41M guaranteed.

Mr. Laz
03-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Maybe I'm thinking of rookie 1st rounders. There's a new rule im pretty sure.

Yea, that's what you're thinking about but it's on for rookie and their 1st contracts iirc.

WhiteWhale
03-03-2012, 10:26 AM
WTF are you talking about??

Hali is not making money comparable to top flight pass rushers. He's making 1-3M/y less and got <40M guaranteed which even Jarred Allen got 41M guaranteed.

The main difference in value is that Hali's contract was 5 years as opposed to guys like Suggs, Ware, and Allen who got 6 year contracts.

Allen got 31 in guarantees, not 41. At least that's what I'm finding. Suggs got 38 in guarantees for 6 years. Ware got 40 million in guarantees for 6 years.

Also the totals.

Allen got 73 total for 6 years = 12mil per year
Suggs got 63 for 6 years = 10.5
Ware got 79 for 6 years = 13
Hali got 60 for 5 years = 12

What pass rusher is making 3 million more per year on average than Hali? It's right on par with the rest of these guys. It's not the highest, but that's not what comparable means.

jd1020
03-03-2012, 10:29 AM
The main difference in value is that Hali's contract was 5 years as opposed to guys like Suggs, Ware, and Allen who got 6 year contracts.

Allen got 31 in guarantees, not 41. Suggs got 38 in guarantees for 6 years. Ware got 40 million in guarantees for 6 years.

Also the totals.

Allen got 73 total for 6 years = 12mil per year
Suggs got 63 for 6 years = 10.5
Ware got 79 for 6 years = 13
Hali got 60 for 5 years = 12

What pass rusher is making 3 million more per year on average than Hali?

Hali got 57.5 not 60...

Julius Peppers, 6/84.

WhiteWhale
03-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Hali got 57.5 not 60...

Still comparable.

WhiteWhale
03-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Hali got 57.5 not 60...

Julius Peppers, 6/84.

:thumb:

I forgot about Peppers. He seriously got paid, but it's a funny money contract.

Mojo Jojo
03-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Regardless of their intentions with Carr, I'm disappointed in how this has gone.

I'd much rather have the team show their willingness to keep the guys they want by making deals without it dragging out.

I suppose its just the naive fan in me. I'm sure in terms of business sense, its important for both sides to squeeze out every dollar they can.

You just assume the Chiefs aren't trying to sign Carr...it is just as likely that Carr and his agent aren't interested until they see what other tams are going to offer.

jspchief
03-03-2012, 11:09 AM
You just assume the Chiefs aren't trying to sign Carr...I

Umm, no I don't.

CaliforniaChief
03-03-2012, 11:19 AM
I think getting Bowe signed to a long-term deal will be the difference between a good off-season and a great one.

Merely tagging Bowe costs us the leverage we could have by tagging Carr and getting at least a 2nd round pick for him, or throwing him in a bigger trade.

I'm hoping we can get something done by tomorrow.

whoman69
03-03-2012, 12:58 PM
You just assume the Chiefs aren't trying to sign Carr...it is just as likely that Carr and his agent aren't interested until they see what other tams are going to offer.

I think at this point we also have to assume that. They don't have a deal in place with either Bowe or Carr and only two days before the deadline to offer a franchise tag.

Rausch
03-03-2012, 01:08 PM
As far as signing Bowe the best stall technique is to make him believe we're going after Payed-a-Ton Manning.

I'd bet good money our own guys would sign for less knowing he might be headed this way...

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob

Favorite
Open

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: KC Chiefs have finally put the franchise #Tag on Dwayne Bowe (He will not be happy) Stevie Johnson next #Bills

Good old bob

BossChief
03-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Is that real, or just a premature guess to try and time it as if he broke the news?

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Is that real, or just a premature guess to try and time it as if he broke the news?

Its is a guess IMO

NJChiefsFan
03-03-2012, 05:09 PM

If you are only looking at the Bowe contract than they do have leverage. If you are considering that tagging Carr could get us a 1st rounder, than the Chiefs would be losing a lot to not resign Bowe.

Mr. Laz
03-03-2012, 05:25 PM
aren't ChiefsandO'sfan and Incarcerated Bob the same person?

He used to go by incarseratedO'sfan or something here and i think their avatar used to be the same as well.

guy using his own tweet as a source??

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
aren't ChiefsandO'sfan and Incarcerated Bob the same person?

he used to go by incarseratedO'sfan or something

guy using his own tweet as a source??

God you're a dumbass

Mr. Laz
03-03-2012, 05:30 PM
God you're a dumbass
yea, WTF ever

you had an account over at arrowhead pride too that you quoted or something and you both had the exact same avatar.

i think you're full of shit

kysirsoze
03-03-2012, 05:31 PM
yea, WTF ever

you had an account over at arrowhead pride too that you quoted or something and you both had the exact same avatar.

i think you're full of shit

Pretty sure "IncarceratedO'sfan" was mod abuse because of his constant citing of Bob's twitter feed.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Pretty sure "IncarceratedO'sfan" was mod abuse because of his constant citing of Bob's twitter feed.

Thank you

MIAdragon
03-03-2012, 05:35 PM

Hmm maybe that mod was on to something......

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Hmm maybe that mod was on to something......

Yea the guy has a radio show in new york but thats me your right.