PDA

View Full Version : Football Manning Throws At Duke-Video

philfree
03-03-2012, 01:20 AM
My Own Peyton Manning Thread.

Link To Video- http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7640728

quarterback Peyton Manning took another positive step forward in his recovery from neck surgery on Friday, conducting an aggressive throwing session in his Colts helmet, shoulder pads and jersey at Duke University, a source at the workout told ESPN.

Manning can be seen in a video clip posted late Friday on YouTube, independently verified as authentic, making apparent encouraging progress in his recovery from the surgery that sidelined him for the 2011 season. The session comes as a deadline approaches for the Colts' decision to exercise a $28 million option on March 8.

Manning can been seen completing passes in the video posted by a user who had access to a videotaped portion of the session near the Duke practice field.

Sources at Duke and close to Manning confirm he has been conducting aggressive throwing sessions in shoulder pads and helmet since Tuesday at Duke, where his former University of Tennessee offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe is now the head coach. It is Manning's second trip to work under the supervision of Cutcliffe.

Among those who have joined Manning in Durham, NC, include Colts teammates Dallas Clark and Austin Collie, as well as former teammate Brandon Stokley, sources said.

Manning was spotted at a local Durham restaurant Friday evening signing autographs during dinner, a source said.

Manning has increased his throwing regimen as Colts owner Jim Irsay contemplates a decision on whether to exercise a $28 million option by Thursday. Manning and Irsay also have had conversations about the veteran quarterback continuing his career as a Colt even though it is a certainty the team is set to use the No. 1 overall 2012 draft pick in Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck.

Several sources have told ESPN during the past month that Manning's throwing strength has dramatically improved as his nerves continue to regenerate following his latest neck surgery Sept. 8. Doctor Robert Watkins, who performed the single-level cervical fusion, has stated publicly that he has cleared Manning to resume his playing career. Colts owner Jim Irsay has stated Manning still needs to pass a team physical even though sources have said that Colts neurosurgeon Dr. Hank Feuer has also told Manning it would be safe to resume his career.

Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst.
----------

Manning Is John Carter?

Thig Lyfe
03-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Peyton Manning

KCtotheSB
03-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Duke Peyton Manning of Oxford Esq. III

bevischief
03-03-2012, 05:39 AM
I like to see him pass with a real pass rush...

jspchief
03-03-2012, 05:52 AM
Fire Daboll, hire Cutliffe.

BigRichard
03-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Peyton Manning

Q

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Ohhhhh look at that throw baaabbbyyyy. Oh, the Dookies, Ohhhhh, Ohhhh, yeah, ohhhhh, throw it, ohhhhhh/Dookie V commenting on the session.

Nickel D
03-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Focus! FOCUS!!

philfree
03-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I thought it was a pretty big news with the question of Mannings arm being able to recover fast enough to play in 2012. It looks like he'll be ready so let the bidding begin.

philfree
03-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Chris Mortensen‏@mortreport

RT @Stewie7821: does it look like Manning is ready to play from that video? ">> I've heard this video doesn't do justice & only March

-King-
03-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Boner.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
03-03-2012, 08:41 AM
I think he's gonna restructure and stay with the Colts.

zonachief
03-03-2012, 08:52 AM
JIMP

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dave Lane
03-03-2012, 09:12 AM
He already throws a better deep ball than Cassel. Sign him.

-King-
03-03-2012, 09:59 AM
I think he's gonna restructure and stay with the Colts.

No way he stays.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
03-03-2012, 10:07 AM
I think he's gonna restructure and stay with the Colts.Yep. Why would they let him walk, if he's healthy? They wouldn't and won't unless he refuses to restructure. We have a better shot at Luck than we do at Manning, IMO.

lcarus
03-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Yep. Why would they let him walk, if he's healthy? They wouldn't and won't unless he refuses to restructure. We have a better shot at Luck than we do at Manning, IMO.

Either is fine

lcarus
03-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Just realized.....PeytonPlanet. ROFL

Mr. Laz
03-03-2012, 10:24 AM
I like to see him pass with a real pass rush...

why? He can handle a pass rush and the speed of the NFL. He is one of the best every at the mental aspect of the game.

Health and arm strength is the only real keys.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
No way he stays.
Posted via Mobile Device

What can someone with a Beaker av possibly know about football anyway

BigChiefFan
03-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Either is fineI'd give up the farm for the first overall pick.

lcarus
03-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I'd give up the farm for the first overall pick.

Same. Our farm usually sucks anyway.

Epic Fail 007
03-03-2012, 10:53 AM
So by next thursday or friday he should be a chief,got it.

Count Zarth
03-03-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/NIusM.gif

BigChiefFan
03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Same. Our farm usually sucks anyway.

I think it's now or never. Go all in. Work a deal and get the top pick. Manning should be re-structured by the Colts and that gives us a shot at working a deal. The next couple of weeks will be interesting to see how this unfolds with Manning and whether or not he actually becomes a FA.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-03-2012, 01:49 PM
What can someone with a Beaker av possibly know about football anyway

My apologies to the Mizzou football gods and their storied national championship football tradition. #libertybowlswag

Count Zarth
03-03-2012, 02:15 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/hx7x3d.jpg

Dylan
03-03-2012, 02:29 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/hx7x3d.jpg

Nice !

Cave Johnson
03-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I think it's now or never. Go all in. Work a deal and get the top pick. Manning should be re-structured by the Colts and that gives us a shot at working a deal. The next couple of weeks will be interesting to see how this unfolds with Manning and whether or not he actually becomes a FA.

What's Manning's incentive to restructure and get traded, exactly??

BWillie
03-03-2012, 02:59 PM
why? He can handle a pass rush and the speed of the NFL. He is one of the best every at the mental aspect of the game.

Health and arm strength is the only real keys.

Exactly. But but but but I thought he wouldn't even be able to throw the ball! You don't sign an hall of fame QB just 'cuz he's in his 30's! I don't want to win a Super Bowl like that! I want to miss the playoffs or get shellacked in the first round with Matt Cassell or Ryan Tannehill!!

O.city
03-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Looks like his arm strength is pretty good to me. I'm thinking now he might still stay with the Colts.

Epic Fail 007
03-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Manning won`t stay with the colts unless they pay that 28 mil. And they do no want to. Besides manning would not want to stay on a rebulding team at his age that has no chance. He will walk bank on it.

BigMeatballDave
03-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Yep. Why would they let him walk, if he's healthy? They wouldn't and won't unless he refuses to restructure. We have a better shot at Luck than we do at Manning, IMO.

Why would Manning want to stay in Indy with no Wayne, Saturday, etc.?

O.city
03-03-2012, 03:39 PM
If I'm Peyton, I'm not restructuring either. You agreed to pay me that, Pay it or release me.

milkman
03-03-2012, 06:15 PM

Keep the dream alive.

Meanwhile, the rest of us that live in the real, world will wait for Manning's release.

BigChiefFan
03-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Why would Manning want to stay in Indy with no Wayne, Saturday, etc.?He has no say in the matter, for one.
His contract says he's a Colt for the next four years, if they choose to honor it.

threebag02
03-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Keep the dream alive.

Meanwhile, the rest of us that live in the real, world will wait for Manning's release.

Hopefully it's not in Eli's asshole.

-King-
03-03-2012, 06:40 PM
He has no say in the matter, for one.
His contract says he's a Colt for the next four years, if they choose to honor it.

And be in cap hell for the first few years of the Andrew luck era.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
03-03-2012, 07:01 PM
You do realize the Colts have been able to exercise the option to keep Manning since Feb 7th right?

xztop12
03-03-2012, 07:41 PM
so the seahawks and redskins are getting 1 n 2. peyton stays in indy

O.city
03-03-2012, 07:48 PM
So if he's throwing like that right now, what will it be like in a couple months.

BigMeatballDave
03-03-2012, 08:00 PM
He has no say in the matter, for one.

It makes no sense for Indy to hang onto him.

They are in rebuild mode. They can draft a franchise QB for their new coaching staff.

Most key players will likely be gone.

xztop12
03-03-2012, 08:01 PM
It makes no sense for Indy to hang onto him.

They are in rebuild mode. They can draft a franchise QB for their new coaching staff.

Most key players will likely be gone.

if they hang on to him they trade the Luck pick and rebuild

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-03-2012, 08:02 PM

:facepalm:

BigMeatballDave
03-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Dumbass LMAO

xztop12
03-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Dumbass LMAO

Reading comprehension time.

If implies, under the circumstance they keep Peyton, they would thus be forced to trade the Luck pick in order to facilitate the rebuilding process, rather than having an excess at QB (Peyton and Luck) and defects elsewhere.

:thumb:

BossChief
03-03-2012, 08:54 PM
They wouldn't have cleaned house if they were keeping him.

This is shaping up for really a few really special years in KC...but I'm not buying season tickets till "the deal is done"

BigMeatballDave
03-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Reading comprehension time.

If implies, under the circumstance they keep Peyton, they would thus be forced to trade the Luck pick in order to facilitate the rebuilding process, rather than having an excess at QB (Peyton and Luck) and defects elsewhere.

:thumb:I comprehended your nonsense just fine. You don't rebuild with a 36 yr old QB.

bricks
03-03-2012, 09:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=KfB9rqgNIok

ROFLROFL

Fat Elvis
03-03-2012, 09:42 PM
I comprehended your nonsense just fine. You don't rebuild with a 36 yr old QB.

Tell that to Carl Peterson....

Mr_Tomahawk
03-03-2012, 09:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=KfB9rqgNIok

ROFLROFL

At least she took the time to move the camera down to be sure her jugs were in the picture... :thumb:

bricks
03-03-2012, 09:56 PM
At least she took the time to move the camera down to be sure her jugs were in the picture... :thumb:

Hahahaha that she did

bricks
03-03-2012, 10:15 PM

This situation has me a little intrigued. Irsay is acting a little passive at this whole situation but at the same time he is open to it. If he really wanted to keep him, then he would be hard pressed to sign him instead of saying comments like, "if Peyton wants to make it work, we can make it work."

But he has the number 1 pick in the draft and is ready to move on. It clear Peyton is an option at this point and Irsays comments about the situation reflect that.

I don't even think money is an issue. The real issue in my opinion is the Colts team in general. They are in a rebuilding phase. If your Peyton, you see they have the number 1 pick in the draft and are ready to rebuild. What's the point of him staying on a team ready to rebuild with a young QB? Especially when he is at the later stage in his career. I bet at this point it's about which team gives him the best chance to win? I'm sure he wants to come back and give it another run. Indy doesn't give him that option. KC on the other hand does.

Wallcrawler
03-03-2012, 10:19 PM
It doesnt make sense for the Colts to drop that much cash on Manning at this point. Even with a 100% back to form Manning, they still arent winning anything for a while. That 28 million they owe him would go a long way toward rookie contracts.

I dont see them hampering the development of Luck by having him sit behind Manning while they are in rebuild mode anyway. I think Irsay and Co. bite the bullet and release Manning and go all out for rebuilding with youth, and Luck as the cornerstone.

Manning's window for another championship has closed with Indy. If he wants a shot at a superbowl, he's going to have to go somewhere else to get it. Id love to see him in KC.

xztop12
03-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Tell that to Carl Peterson....

The Patriots have had almost complete roster turnover with aging Brady, except for Wilfork and 2 O-linemen.

Fruit Ninja
03-03-2012, 11:49 PM
I comprehended your nonsense just fine. You don't rebuild with a 36 yr old QB.

Good thing this team isn't rebuilding. Anymore its time for them to.win now. We should ha e been a damn good team last year. Qb is holding usback big time

aturnis
03-03-2012, 11:55 PM
The Patriots have had almost complete roster turnover with aging Brady, except for Wilfork and 2 O-linemen.

Brady wasn't 36 at the time the roster turnover began either, was he?