PDA

View Full Version : Football Nicks happy to hear Brees got Saints’ franchise tag

Mr. Laz
03-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Nicks happy to hear Brees got Saints’ franchise tag

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EST

Getty Images
The news that the Saints have used their franchise tag on quarterback Drew Brees is good news to guard Carl Nicks.

Nicks told the New Orleans Times Picayune that he was stressed about the possibility that the franchise tag could keep him from testing the market, and that he’s now relieved he knows that he’ll have the opportunity to talk to every other team on March 13.

“Now I kinda know how free agency will go,” Nicks said. “The anxiety’s still there, but I’m a little calmer.”

Nicks hasn’t received an offer from the Saints yet, but he said he’s still hoping that he and the Saints work out a long-term deal before free agency starts.

“It would be nice, definitely,” Nicks said. “It’d be just perfect. I wouldn’t have to stress, I’d just worry about handling my business.”

But it appears more likely that Nicks will be testing the market when the market opens.

Okie_Apparition
03-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Brees didn't get bounty expected/KC Star

T-post Tom
03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Can he play right tackle?

whoman69
03-03-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm sure he is. Cha-ching

Saul Good
03-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Nicks would be my #2 FA target after Manning.

tredadda
03-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I would like to bring him in. He would be a huge upgrade over Lilja.

O.city
03-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Nicks doesn't really fit the Chiefs scheme up front. That being said, I'd still take the guy.

Dylan
03-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Wish the Giants would go after Nicks. I'm sure the Cowboys will be all over him. (Sorry, I'm always thinking of the NFC East and their needs). If we don't get him -- happy to see the Chiefs sign him.

After the disclosure of bountygate did Loomis tag Brees in reaction to having thoughts that enables him to leave? The NFL penalties should be severe enough to affect the team going forward. Then again, they still have time to prolong Bree's negotiations.

Nicks and Colston are probably looking to get as far away from New Orleans as possible. On the other hand, they'll be richer.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
All ur Nicks are belong to us/Dylan

Dylan
03-03-2012, 08:14 PM
All ur Nicks are belong to us/Dylan

I don't think the Giants could afford him. We have a horrible offensive line.

Nicks 26 years old

4 year starter at LG

$8 million / $9 million

Nick's is around 350 pounds. The Giants interior linemen are seldom over 320 pounds.

Bane
03-03-2012, 08:16 PM
A thread about a QB named something other than Manning. BAN!!!!!!!!

Dylan
03-03-2012, 08:27 PM
The Chiefs have a much better o-line than the Giants -- We're in desperate need of a left tackle. David Diehl has got to go.

Chiefs need a right tackle, right?

Bugeater
03-03-2012, 08:30 PM
The Chiefs have a much better o-line than the Giants -- We're in desperate need of a left tackle. David Diehl has got to go.

Chiefs need a right tackle, right?
Yeah, Richardson is garbage.