PDA

View Full Version : Pictures Finding your dog you thought was killed by the tornado.

BigRedChief
03-03-2012, 05:22 PM
From the tornado yesterday. He thought his long time pet and friend had died in the tornado. The next day they were trying to see what they could salvage in the wreckage and they heard the dog whimpering under the rubble. They got the dog free and this was the result. He was so overwhelmed with happiness that his dog was alive he broke down. I've loved dogs like that. Thought you might find the pic interesting. If not, 4321
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/bd/70/bd70d0c60508a16186228161fa934b0d.jpg

Crush
03-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Fucking awesome. I am going to hug my dogs right now.

TheGuardian
03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
That is an awesome story and pic.

mnchiefsguy
03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks for sharing. Great photo!

pr_capone
03-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Fucking dust....

NJChiefsFan
03-03-2012, 05:49 PM
That is awesome. They are as innocent and trusting/dependant on you as a child. Nearly impossible not to fall in love with them.

BoneKrusher
03-03-2012, 05:51 PM
sweet!

KC Tattoo
03-03-2012, 06:13 PM
OMG. My daughters grandma was in the Greensburg tornado & she was cought underneath a bunch of rubble for hours. Her grandma was also taking care of my daughters dog named Sammy a brown and tan hound dog. 10 days after the storm & people were able to start cleaning the wreckage left, my daughter heard a dog yelping, she got excited also stepped on a nail. Her mother kept telling her to watch out for the nails, but she fell asleep on the way to Greensburg & then when they got there they found Sammy alive & unharmed. So this is a remarkable story, cool. We called Sammy the merical dog. (-:

threebag02
03-03-2012, 06:13 PM
It's always good
To
Read some
Good news when there
Is
So much bad.
Prayers to the ones that haven't been so lucky.

KC Tattoo
03-03-2012, 06:27 PM
:thumb:

ClevelandBronco
03-03-2012, 06:33 PM
OMG. My daughters grandma was in the Greensburg tornado & she was cought underneath a bunch of rubble for hours. Her grandma was also taking care of my daughters dog named Sammy a brown and tan hound dog. 10 days after the storm & people were able to start cleaning the wreckage left, my daughter heard a dog yelping, she got excited also stepped on a nail. Her mother kept telling her to watch out for the nails, but she fell asleep on the way to Greensburg & then when they got there they found Sammy alive & unharmed. So this is a remarkable story, cool. We called Sammy the merical dog. (-:

Slowly. Take a breath.

Phobia
03-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Awesome. Love me some feel-good stories. The picture makes the whole story.

Tombstone RJ
03-03-2012, 06:56 PM
good stuff, great pic. Man's best friend indeed...

Bump
03-03-2012, 07:35 PM
that's great, really great photo.

DeezNutz
03-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Dogs are good people.

Braincase
03-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Dogs are good people.

Dogs are better than most people.

Deberg_1990
03-03-2012, 07:42 PM
That dog is no Peyton Manning.

tmax63
03-03-2012, 08:09 PM
The more I know people the better I like my dogs.

DeezNutz
03-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Dogs are better than most people.

Depending upon one's level of jadedness, the extension of the statement is: good people are hard to find.

3rd&48ers
03-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Man, awesome...

cdcox
03-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Dog gave the rainbow bridge the finger.

Lumpy
03-03-2012, 08:26 PM
That picture seriously got to me. Imagine losing everything, including your pet, only to be surprised that they made it. I would be hugging my dog the same way.

Setsuna
03-03-2012, 08:54 PM
This is a no story /thread

Idiots.

Phobia
03-03-2012, 09:01 PM

Idiots.

You'd be tearing up if it had been a black lab.

J Diddy
03-03-2012, 09:28 PM

Idiots.

You're a fucking dumbshit. I hope you get raped by a rabid rabbit, loser.

Archie F. Swin
03-03-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm going to go give my cat a stare that borders on indifferent.

BigRedChief
03-03-2012, 09:31 PM

Idiots.if you ever loved a dog, you get it.

J Diddy
03-03-2012, 09:33 PM
if you ever loved a dog, you get it.

or been through a tornado that destroyed all you had...

Lumpy
03-03-2012, 09:40 PM

Idiots.

We're idiots because we're not heartless assholes?

KC Tattoo
03-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Slowly. Take a breath.

Well my daughter wanted me to tell the story & wanted me to tell it her way, so yea pretty exciting for her and me. The dog is doing fine and is at her mothers now. It's still an incredible story to tell and after 10 days of it being trapped with no food or water it's a merical it survived. So I think the story & pic in OP is pretty neet too.

Really her Grandma (my birth mom) is the real story because she was under rubble for 3 hours and the rescue workers found her with sheet rock on top of her & that she laid in a bathtub when it hit her house. I got a call from Pratt hospital saying she was there and was ok at 3am. I got there as quick as I could driving through bad weather to see her & was verry thankfull that she was ok, just a bit bruised and very sore. The scariest part of the night was not knowing anything from trying to get a hold of her. What a devistation that F5 tornado left that town.

ClevelandBronco
03-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Well my daughter wanted me to tell the story & wanted me to tell it her way, so yea pretty exciting for her and me. The dog is doing fine and is at her mothers now. It's still an incredible story to tell and after 10 days of it being trapped with no food or water it's a merical it survived. So I think the story & pic in OP is pretty neet too.

Really her Grandma (my birth mom) is the real story because she was under rubble for 3 hours and the rescue workers found her with sheet rock on top of her & that she laid in a bathtub when it hit her house. I got a call from Pratt hospital saying she was there and was ok at 3am. I got there as quick as I could driving through bad weather to see her & was verry thankfull that she was ok, just a bit bruised and very sore. The scariest part of the night was not knowing anything from trying to get a hold of her. What a devistation that F5 tornado left that town.

I can't imagine what all of that must have been like for you. Cheers, man.

Buehler445
03-04-2012, 01:13 AM
I love my dog like that. I'm a big vagina when it comes I
to the Chief dog.

Glad everyone is OK, Tattoo. It's a miracle there weren't a huge number of deaths from that tornado. That is true devistation.

Disgruntled_Parent via SR's IP in GA
03-04-2012, 01:16 AM
you think Scott will consider signing him?

KC Tattoo
03-04-2012, 01:27 AM
I love my dog like that. I'm a big vagina when it comes I
to the Chief dog.

Glad everyone is OK, Tattoo. It's a miracle there weren't a huge number of deaths from that tornado. That is true devistation.

Thanks Buehler, the distruction from that F5T was that out of movies, cows were found miles away from there fields. It was a real nightmare that night, but thankfully she and the dog were found for better or worse OK.

I saw huge trees just up rooted that were tossed too on my way through there. Freaking crazy weather, Ah Kansas.

Disgruntled_Parent via SR's IP in GA
03-04-2012, 01:35 AM

specifically where was this?

KC Tattoo
03-04-2012, 02:03 AM
specifically where was this?

Check post 8. There ya go.

Phobia
03-04-2012, 02:37 AM

Somehow I remember you used to spell quite a bit better. What is going on?

Rukdafaidas
03-04-2012, 06:27 AM
http://www.koamtv.com/story/14875802/cat-found-alive-in-debris-16-days-after-ef-5-tornado?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

I know this gal. Amazingly, she found her cat alive beneath the ruble after 16 days. Who would think anything would still be alive after that amount of time?

Bwana
03-04-2012, 06:59 AM
WOw, great story BRC.

Bwana
03-04-2012, 07:00 AM

Idiots.

WTF? :spock:

threebag02
03-04-2012, 07:11 AM

Idiots.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQupNMyQp3bI_1pVPp94UjnW7xibgqBF45yTSUsJ7Pz_-cwNRmWwA

kcfanXIII
03-04-2012, 07:28 AM
i would be a wreck if i lost my dog. i don't care about anything else of mine. my dog is the only thing that can't be replaced.

tattoo, glad your family is ok. i have a terrible feeling this spring will be more violent then anything we've seen, at least in my lifetime. i felt like that before the outbreak from the other day.

Garcia Bronco
03-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Awesome

KC Tattoo
03-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Somehow I remember you used to spell quite a bit better. What is going on?

It's a process, Phobia.

BigRedChief
03-04-2012, 12:51 PM
OMG. My daughters grandma was in the Greensburg tornado & she was cought underneath a bunch of rubble for hours. Her grandma was also taking care of my daughters dog named Sammy a brown and tan hound dog. 10 days after the storm & people were able to start cleaning the wreckage left, my daughter heard a dog yelping, she got excited also stepped on a nail. Her mother kept telling her to watch out for the nails, but she fell asleep on the way to Greensburg & then when they got there they found Sammy alive & unharmed. So this is a remarkable story, cool. We called Sammy the merical dog. (-:That had to be a really rough night. Thanks for sharing. :clap:

Setsuna
03-04-2012, 12:57 PM
You'd be tearing up if it had been a black lab.

ROFL ROFL That is the funniest thing you've said since I joined this forum. That was brilliant. Props Phobia. Mad props.

Oh and no I've never had a pet before. And also, I have this pet peeve that people value dogs and cats more than actual human beings. It is down right the cancer of society, and I'm tired of it. The fact that this is a story alone speaks volumes to this stupid phenomenon. People have gone bat shit crazy over pet safety and all this bullshit. All these foundations and crap for pets, and animal shelters, don't get me started. When there are human children in worse conditions than animals, that's where I draw the line. I'd tear down every animal shelter in the country, if I could build a children's home in place of it. Individual love for pets is fine, whatever. The only reason this was even reported is because of the insane fanatical feelings for pets in the US. It is and has gotten out of hand. Take care of the children, our future first, then whatever the hell you want afterwards. But I'll tell you one thing, when we are all old and retired, a damn pet isn't going to be teaching our grandchildren, or treating us in hospitals, or running the country. We need to take care of the children. I think a lot of time and money is being wasted on animals that could be used for the future. /RANT

J Diddy
03-04-2012, 01:14 PM
ROFL ROFL That is the funniest thing you've said since I joined this forum. That was brilliant. Props Phobia. Mad props.

Oh and no I've never had a pet before. And also, I have this pet peeve that people value dogs and cats more than actual human beings. It is down right the cancer of society, and I'm tired of it. The fact that this is a story alone speaks volumes to this stupid phenomenon. People have gone bat shit crazy over pet safety and all this bullshit. All these foundations and crap for pets, and animal shelters, don't get me started. When there are human children in worse conditions than animals, that's where I draw the line. I'd tear down every animal shelter in the country, if I could build a children's home in place of it. Individual love for pets is fine, whatever. The only reason this was even reported is because of the insane fanatical feelings for pets in the US. It is and has gotten out of hand. Take care of the children, our future first, then whatever the hell you want afterwards. But I'll tell you one thing, when we are all old and retired, a damn pet isn't going to be teaching our grandchildren, or treating us in hospitals, or running the country. We need to take care of the children. I think a lot of time and money is being wasted on animals that could be used for the future. /RANT
It's more about a guy thinking he lost his buddy after losing everything else. His buddy made it. Happy ending to a good story. Apparently your compassion for children doesn't extend to survivors of a catastrophe.

BigRedChief
03-04-2012, 02:03 PM

Oh and no I've never had a pet before. And also, I have this pet peeve that people value dogs and cats more than actual human beings. It is down right the cancer of society, and I'm tired of it. The fact that this is a story alone speaks volumes to this stupid phenomenon. People have gone bat shit crazy over pet safety and all this bullshit. All these foundations and crap for pets, and animal shelters, don't get me started. When there are human children in worse conditions than animals, that's where I draw the line. I'd tear down every animal shelter in the country, if I could build a children's home in place of it. Individual love for pets is fine, whatever. The only reason this was even reported is because of the insane fanatical feelings for pets in the US. It is and has gotten out of hand. Take care of the children, our future first, then whatever the hell you want afterwards. But I'll tell you one thing, when we are all old and retired, a damn pet isn't going to be teaching our grandchildren, or treating us in hospitals, or running the country. We need to take care of the children. I think a lot of time and money is being wasted on animals that could be used for the future. /RANTSo, if you care for a pet, you don't care about kids?

It's like having more than one kid or more than one brother. You can love and care for more than one thing in your life.

Theres a reason that this photo has got attention not only in this thread but Facebook , twitter and other forums. People love their pets. You can't change that no how much you rant about the inetiqities or hypocrites.

Easy 6
03-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Even the dog looks somber & aware of the moment.

Iowanian
03-04-2012, 02:43 PM
That dog looks like he's more afraid the guy found the peanut butter too.

KC Tattoo
03-04-2012, 03:02 PM
That had to be a really rough night. Thanks for sharing. :clap:

This F5 killed i think killed 10 people and was absolute distruction for the town. That is why this is a merical dog & thank God my mom survived it too.

What a ****ing nightmare that night was.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/KCTattoo58/securedownload-1-1.jpg

The town of Greensburg has since rebiult it as a strong community that makes it an American town to be proud of & shows just what America can be made of. Heart.

(p.s. screw you Canada dude.)

Setsuna
03-04-2012, 03:40 PM
It's more about a guy thinking he lost his buddy after losing everything else. His buddy made it. Happy ending to a good story. Apparently your compassion for children doesn't extend to survivors of a catastrophe.
No, not when they aren't human. Not in the least. Sorry.

So, if you care for a pet, you don't care about kids?

It's like having more than one kid or more than one brother. You can love and care for more than one thing in your life.

Theres a reason that this photo has got attention not only in this thread but Facebook , twitter and other forums. People love their pets. You can't change that no how much you rant about the inetiqities or hypocrites.
Not what I said. I'm angry about the emphasis on running this story in general. I feel like if had a choice between finding a surviving child and a pet, the pet story would be run instead.

BigRedChief
03-04-2012, 04:01 PM

Not what I said. I'm angry about the emphasis on running this story in general. I feel like if had a choice between finding a surviving child and a pet, the pet story would be run instead.I understand the inetiquity of stories being reported. A white elementary age girl from the suburbs disappearing has a way better chance of returning to their family than a poor black girl. It's not fair in the slighest.You can;t even blame the AP. They just put the pic on the wire and the local affiliates decide which ones to use. I think this one made it onto CNN and Yahoo's front page hence the publicity.

Your not going to find anyone that says a dog is more important than a human life. So, whats your point?

Dartgod
03-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Your not going to find anyone that says a dog is more important than a human life. So, whats your point?

Depends on the human.

I'd save a dog from drowning over Fred Phelps' sorry life..

Pioli Zombie
03-04-2012, 05:21 PM
In an amusing follow up story the owner accidently backed over the dog and killed it the next morning.

Pioli Zombie
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Id save a dog from drowning before saving Matt Cassel any day

KC Tattoo
03-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Not what I said. I'm angry about the emphasis on running this story in general. I feel like if had a choice between finding a surviving child and a pet, the pet story would be run instead.

I for one am glad he ran the story & think it's a pretty damn cool thing for a pet owner to find his pet alive after a devastation that a tornado can bring. There is plenty of tragedy to go around so something like this is just a feel good story & same goes for my daughters & mine story so it really doesn't matter how you take it. It's sad when peaple die from storms or events, but finding a good story to come out of it doesn't hurt only helps people cope with it. There are good stories about people comming to help & aid the victims & this story brings that out in the open. So the fuck what you think.

Pioli Zombie
03-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I think I can speak for all dog haters when I say I wish a house crushed his stupid fucking barking dumbass head.

alnorth
03-04-2012, 06:03 PM

They both run, you cross-eyed drooling moron. We had days of angel baby stories until she finally died.

kysirsoze
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM

YEAH! I also hate football teams! Why do they spend all that money on players and a stadium when they could be building homes for children!!

Bowling alleys, too. If you replaced every bowling alley with a child home, there would be WAY more child homes!!!

WTF, people??!?

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Damn allergies

alnorth
03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
YEAH! I also hate football teams! Why do they spend all that money on players and a stadium when they could be building homes for children!!

Bowling alleys, too. If you replaced every bowling alley with a child home, there would be WAY more child homes!!!

WTF, people??!?

Why the hell do we have yachts and luxury cars? Burn the huge boats and BMW's to the ground, until every child in sub-Saharan Africa has a safe home, a school, and 3 square meals, we should all live spartan lifestyles.

kysirsoze
03-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Why the hell do we have yachts and luxury cars? Burn the huge boats and BMW's to the ground, until every child in sub-Saharan Africa has a safe home, a school, and 3 square meals, we should all live spartan lifestyles.

What about all those homes out there with nothing but adults living in them?? No children at all! Something must be done. It starts with the dogs.

alnorth
03-04-2012, 07:39 PM
What about all those homes out there with nothing but adults living in them?? No children at all! Something must be done. It starts with the dogs.

Excellent point.

Oh, I know, brilliant idea: we have childhood hunger (somewhere in the world, anyway), and we have lots of dogs. Lets make dog burgers and feed the children.

kysirsoze
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Excellent point.

Oh, I know, brilliant idea: we have childhood hunger (somewhere in the world, anyway), and we have lots of dogs. Lets make dog burgers and feed the children.

Yes, I think murdering every dog in the world is the quickest route to child happiness. Obvious, really.

Simplicity
03-04-2012, 07:50 PM

Idiots.

You'd feel the same way if you lost your pet Gator... Wait... You floridians have Gators as pets, right? :spock:

J Diddy
03-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Excellent point.

Dumbass. We already have hot dogs. Your model doesn't work.

:)

Crush
03-04-2012, 08:43 PM

The emotional bond between a person and his or her pet cannot be described. Go fuck yourself.

alnorth
03-04-2012, 09:18 PM
The emotional bond between a person and his or her pet cannot be described. Go **** yourself.

You are wasting your time. Either he has never had a pet in his miserable life and he just presumes that an animal who shows you unconditional love every day is about as important as that old winter coat you stopped wearing 3 years ago that you really ought to just drop off at the goodwill, or he's a sociopath.

Setsuna
03-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I take all of your comments head on, and pioli zombie trolled me hard.

Simplicity put me in my place though. Be more like him.

Pioli Zombie
03-04-2012, 09:44 PM
I love the morons who say "pets are like my children" "oh when my dog died it was like I lost my child'
crazy dumbfucks equating a fucking dog to a child

ClevelandBronco
03-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Pile off Setsuna. Pile on Zombie.

Setsuna
03-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Pile off Setsuna. Pile on Zombie.

Nah they have the right to pile on me. I knew I'd get shit for it, I'm ok with it. They have valid points, I have valid points. Pioli Zombie is just bored and trolling his ass off. He deserves not to be fed is all.

Psyko Tek
03-04-2012, 11:06 PM
You are wasting your time. Either he has never had a pet in his miserable life and he just presumes that an animal who shows you unconditional love every day is about as important as that old winter coat you stopped wearing 3 years ago that you really ought to just drop off at the goodwill, or he's a sociopath.

my thought
troll
who enjoys fucking himself
and telling everybody he is the best fuck anybody HE has done has ever had

BigRedChief
03-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I take all of your comments head on, and pioli zombie trolled me hard.

Simplicity put me in my place though. Be more like him.This make you feel any better............ Mom saves kids but loses her legs.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/amputee-mom-saves-kids-indiana-tornado-15862680

Setsuna
03-08-2012, 09:16 AM
This make you feel any better............ Mom saves kids but loses her legs.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/amputee-mom-saves-kids-indiana-tornado-15862680

That's what's up! Thanks!