PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ***OFFICIAL 2012 CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK / BUBBLE WATCH THREAD****

Pages : 1 [2]

frankotank
03-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Drexel and Northwestern are BOTH out.

USF somehow got in.

as a big ten dude.....sorry to say...no way Northwestern deserved to be in....
maybe next year.

Al Bundy
03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I have to tentatively agree, KU's half of the bracket doesn't look intimidating

It is very easy.

the Talking Can
03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
creighton could be a tough game for unc

alnorth
03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Upon further reflection, the West doesn't look as easy as I thought, but Mizzou did draw the easier opponent on their half, I think. I'd rather play Marquette than Louisville.

Rams Fan
03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Memphis got ripped off, IMO.

Mosbonian
Upon further reflection, the West doesn't look as easy as I thought, but Mizzou did draw the easier opponent on their half, I think. I'd rather play Marquette than Louisville.

Louisville is in the upper part of the bracket...

alnorth
as a big ten dude.....sorry to say...no way Northwestern deserved to be in....
maybe next year.

I personally would have put in Drexel in, but this is a minor quibble.

Overall, no gigantic snubs this year. The committee did a reasonable job.

eazyb81
03-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Memphis can easily beat MSU. Tarik Black will match up well with Green.

Mosbonian
i swear.....did they give KU the easy route to make sure UNC-UK meet?

alnorth
oh wait, I just noticed Iona made it in.

What the hell?

R8RFAN
SandyEggo state will lose bad to NCSU

Buck
03-11-2012, 05:46 PM
SDSU'S RUN TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

NC STATE, GEORGETOWN, KANSAS, UNC, SYRACUSE, KENTUCKY

WE GOT THIS

Buck
SandyEggo state will lose bad to NCSU

Watch one of our games before you get so confident.

R8RFAN

WE GOT THIS

sOUTH dAKOTA sTATE?

eazyb81
Surprised they put GTown in the West, setting up a rematch with ku in the Sweet Sixteen. I thought they try to avoid that? Why not just put someone like FSU in there?

Buck
03-11-2012, 05:47 PM
sOUTH dAKOTA sTATE?

No, their run to the title is a little different.

Mosbonian
I personally would have put in Drexel in, but this is a minor quibble.

Overall, no gigantic snubs this year. The committee did a reasonable job.

I think they picked the teams well....I just think they where they seeded and placed the team looks like they had no clue.

Chiefs Pantalones
How does KU's bracket look? Sorry not by a tv on my phone.

Pablo
03-11-2012, 05:48 PM
i swear.....did they give KU the easy route to make sure UNC-UK meet?Of course.

Everything is always set up to favor KU, always.

R8RFAN
No, their run to the title is a little different.

Yall need to stick to surfin, we will stick to basketball

Ultra Peanut
Memphis got jipped, IMO.That's bigoted language fwiw

Also yeah, I was pretty sure we were a 6 seed after going 20-3 the past two months and winning our last 7 games by an average margin of 23 points and having 4/5-seed level computer numbers. Oh well, playtime with Rick Majerus should be interesting. I think we have a legit shot at beating Sparty with the way this absurdly talented team has put it all together, but who knows what's going to happen against SLU first oh god so nervous.

I think this basically just means the RPI is dead and they just don't give a fuck anymore.

Memphis can easily beat MSU. Tarik Black will match up well with Green.And Tarik is playing his most dominant basketball ever right now. It's truly a sight to behold.

baitism
03-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Kansas got by far the best 15 seed.

frankotank

Really! Wow. I think you're smoking crack dude! WOW. EASILY....ROFL

alnorth

WE GOT THIS

For what its worth, I do believe SDSU is KU's toughest opponent in their half, over Georgetown. If they fail to make it to the regional final, I think SDSU will be the team that does it.

R8RFAN
03-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I wonder where we would have been if we would have beat FSU today?

the Talking Can
03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
How does KU's bracket look? Sorry not by a tv on my phone.

nothing to complain about...first round game is probably a bit tough for a 15 seed, but really we should be pretty damn happy

we got Georgetown as our #3 instead of Florida St...and we may get a shot at Roy again if we play well

Mosbonian
Of course.

Everything is always set up to favor KU, always.

Quit trying to make it look like I hate KU...I'm not that much of an anti-KU fan......

Look at that part of the bracket and tell me that it isn't one of the weakest.

Buck
For what its worth, I do believe SDSU is KU's toughest opponent in their half, over Georgetown. If they fail to make it to the regional final, I think SDSU will be the team that does it.

FWIW, SDSU was about to be in the AP and Coaches top 10 until their best player went down with an injury and they lost 3 games in a row to drop back to 25.

I think that a 6 is about right, but I think that they are also very good. Anything can happen though, this is March Madness.

carlos3652
Can anyone see a Long Beach State vs Mizzou game... holy crap... 12 seed actually has a chance in this bracket...

tk13
03-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Kansas got by far the best 15 seed.

I agree. They'll win, but I think Detroit is better than a 15 seed. That's Butler's conference. Detroit is a gritty, well coached team, they will not be afraid of KU. I would not be the least bit shocked if it was less than a 10 point KU lead at halftime, and everyone on here freaks out. I don't think it'll be a 92-50 type game.

lewdog

You can't fucking be serious about Black matching up with Green?

Memphis is a good team and can play with MSU though, not an easy matchup.

Buck
What time do the game times come out?

I need to know if I need to go into work early on Friday.

alnorth
Iona was 0-2 against the top 50, and had 2 really bad losses. The only thing they had going for them was non-conference SOS (#44)

Looks like this committee emphasized non-conference SOS more than expected.

Ultra Peanut
Really! Wow. I think you're smoking crack dude! WOW. EASILY....ROFLMaui was a looooooooooooooooong time ago. It took two excruciating months for the lights to come on, but when they did it was spectacular.

Their defense and flat-out deadly transition game has been reminiscent of these olden times:

2s3CgjOUg0g

the Talking Can
"KU was 5....MU was 8th"

kstater
03-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Just confirmed what everyone has been saying. MU played a shitty non-con.

alnorth
oh wow, they just flat-out said Kansas was #5 and Mizzou was #8. They punished Mizzou for their laughable cupcake non-con SOS.

Mosbonian
They just announced we got screwed because of our non-conference schedule.

F-them

Rams Fan
That's bigoted language fwiw

Also yeah, I was pretty sure we were a 6 seed after going 19-3 the past two months and winning our last 7 games by an average margin of 23 points and having 4/5-seed level computer numbers. Oh well, playtime with Rick Majerus should be interesting. I think we have a legit shot at beating Sparty with the way this absurdly talented team has put it all together, but who knows what's going to happen against SLU first oh god so nervous.

I think this basically just means the RPI is dead and they just don't give a **** anymore.

And Tarik is playing his most dominant basketball ever right now. It's truly a sight to behold.

Did not intend for that. I edited it.

Anyways, SLU-Memphis will be a good matchup.

The thing that scares me, however, is that SLU only has a few bigs and takes way too many threes. Memphis scares the fuck outta me.

frankotank
03-11-2012, 05:54 PM
You can't ****ing be serious about Black matching up with Green?

Memphis is a good team and can play with MSU though, not an easy matchup.

guess he thinks state is a one trick pony. they ain't....

kstater
03-11-2012, 05:54 PM
They just announced we got screwed because of our non-conference schedule.

F-them

Pretty sure he confirmed they screwed themselves.

eazyb81
03-11-2012, 05:55 PM
That's great. Love it.

eazyb81
03-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Big punishment to stick the lowest ranked 2 seed with the lowest ranked 1 seed.

tredadda
Mizzou's SOS made them the eighth best team according to the selection committee.

Bearcat
Quit trying to make it look like I hate KU...I'm not that much of an anti-KU fan......

Look at that part of the bracket and tell me that it isn't one of the weakest.

I don't think Missouri's is that tough, either... Florida sounds tough, but they haven't done much this year. Georgetown and Marquette split their series and were only 2 games apart in conference, so nothing big there. Sure, Saint Mary's doesn't carry the same weight as Florida or even Baylor, but that's about it.. :shrug:

Der Flöprer
03-11-2012, 05:57 PM
California over Washington? Fuck RPI. Cal didn't win the conference, and didn't win the tourney. The committee just said winning your conference championship means fucking nothing. Dumbfucks.

alnorth
03-11-2012, 05:57 PM
So, based on what he said, when they were debating the 4th #1 seed today, they weren't talking Ohio State vs MSU, it was KU vs MSU.

tredadda
03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Well, FWIW both Seth Davis and Greg Anthony are riding Mizzous nuts and both have them winning the west.

lewdog
03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
guess he thinks state is a one trick pony. they ain't....

It is amazing how many people still count MSU out and forget about a team that has made the final four 6 times in the last 13 years! We were a much deeper team too before Dawson got hurt, so that does hurt a bit.

alnorth
03-11-2012, 05:59 PM
California over Washington? **** RPI. Cal didn't win the conference, and didn't win the tourney. The committee just said winning your conference championship means ****ing nothing. Dumb****s.

Winning your conference championship means you get an auto-bid. The only other thing it means is you get another game on your resume vs a decent opponent.

It doesn't trump the rest of your resume, and Cal's was much, much better than Washington. The season and who you schedule matters.

Pablo
03-11-2012, 05:59 PM
oh wow, they just flat-out said Kansas was #5 and Mizzou was #8. They punished Mizzou for their laughable cupcake non-con SOS.Seems they made a point of that across the board.

Buck
03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Winning your conference championship means you get an auto-bid. The only other thing it means is you get another game on your resume vs a decent opponent.

It doesn't trump the rest of your resume, and Cal's was much, much better than Washington. The season and who you schedule matters.

He's talking about regular season Conference Championship.

It's already known that doesn't really mean shit.

This isn't the first time that a Regular Season Conference Champ didn't make the tourney.

Bearcat
Pretty sure he confirmed they screwed themselves.

The conference tournament doesn't mean much, SoS means something.... dogs and cats, sleeping together!

Setsuna
California over Washington? **** RPI. Cal didn't win the conference, and didn't win the tourney. The committee just said winning your conference championship means ****ing nothing. Dumb****s.

Essentially yes.

Buck
Okay, turn on TruTV, they are explaining who was 1-68 now.

the Talking Can
i think georgetown got screwed getting belmont (kenpom 22)

frankotank
It is amazing how many people still count MSU out and forget about a team that has made the final four 6 times in the last 13 years! We were a much deeper team too before Dawson got hurt, so that does hurt a bit.

state rose to the top of what many say is the toughest conference this year.
I hope Big 10 represents in the tourney the way they represented in the regular season.
BEST TIME OF THE YEAR YO!

Setsuna
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM
TruTV bitches!

Dartgod
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Fuck the SoS. You can't convince me that there is one sane person on this site that believes Mizzou is the 8th best team in the country.

Setsuna
03-11-2012, 06:02 PM

We won 2 years in a fucking row in the last 6 years. Who the fuck cares about the past douche?

Der Flöprer
03-11-2012, 06:03 PM
He's talking about regular season Conference Championship.

It's already known that doesn't really mean shit.

This isn't the first time that a Regular Season Conference Champ didn't make the tourney.

so you're telling me Colorado wins the conference for winning a 4 game fucking tournament? What's the point of playing the fucking regular season then? Fuck this.

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Did not intend for that. I edited it.

Anyways, SLU-Memphis will be a good matchup.

The thing that scares me, however, is that SLU only has a few bigs and takes way too many threes. Memphis scares the fuck outta me.I haven't seen much of you guys, but Memphis is also kind of thin behind Tarik Black (Ferrokahn Hall is super energetic but has zero offensive ability and DJ Stephens is a fan-favorite and a block/dunk machine but he's only 6'5"; Spoon is 6'9" but is best as a wing).

Memphis' game is constant pressure on defense, leading to turnovers which usually lead to oohs and ahhs and 2 points. They've finally started figuring out their half-court game, and aside from a ten minute patch against Marshall all facets of their game have been confidence inspiring for a while now. They're so unselfish and composed now despite all of the drama it took to get there.

When they were 6-5 it really felt like the entire program/athletic department was on the verge of unraveling. Then Wesley Witherspoon and Joe Jackson, victims of incessant criticism and speculation about their futures with the team, led the team back from a ten-point deficit in the final 5:51 against Xavier, and nothing's really been the same since. Somewhere along the way they stopped trying too hard.

kstater
03-11-2012, 06:05 PM
so you're telling me Colorado wins the conference for winning a 4 game fucking tournament? What's the point of playing the fucking regular season then? Fuck this.

Conferences choose how their auto-bid is selected. The PAC(and virtually every other league) chooses to have the conference tournament winner be their auto-bid.

eazyb81
so you're telling me Colorado wins the conference for winning a 4 game ****ing tournament? What's the point of playing the ****ing regular season then? **** this.

That's kind of like saying what's the point of playing an NCAA tournament at all. Let's just crown Kentucky champs.

lewdog
We won 2 years in a ****ing row in the last 6 years. Who the **** cares about the past douche?

Who is this fucking we shit you are talking about?

We were talking about a Memphis/MSU matchup you dumbass.

the Talking Can
03-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Izzo is the one coach i want no part of in the tournament...

Bearcat
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
**** the SoS. You can't convince me that there is one sane person on this site that believes Mizzou is the 8th best team in the country.

They had 4 wins against the top 25 in the Sagarin ratings... Kentucky, OSU, KU, and MSU all had 7 or 8. UNC is the odd one, since they were under .500 (3-4).

They just said they respect everything Missouri has done, but the fact is they didn't stretch tehmselves enough in non-con... 314 just isn't nearly good enough. That's the bottom 10% of the country. When everyone is so close, those things matter.

Dartgod
03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
They had 4 wins against the top 25 in the Sagarin ratings... Kentucky, OSU, KU, and MSU all had 7 or 8. UNC is the odd one, since they were under .500 (3-4).

They just said they respect everything Missouri has done, but the fact is they didn't stretch tehmselves enough in non-con... 314 just isn't nearly good enough. That's the bottom 10% of the country. When everyone is so close, those things matter.

Do you believe that Missouri is the 8th best team? Yes or no?

lewdog
03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Izzo is the one coach i want no part of in the tournament...

Yea I can't believe what he has done with a team that was unranked in the preseason. It has been fun to watch because I really didn't expect much but finishing 4-5 in the Big 10 this year. He gets the most out of his players, although MSU has had some very talented teams that have choked in big final four games.

the Talking Can
03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
on why KU was 5 over MU "KU was the outright conference champion"

thank you for stating the truth

Setsuna
03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Who is this ****ing we shit you are talking about?

We were talking about a Memphis/MSU matchup you dumbass.

You were acting like MSU's past accomplishments warrants them to be considered for whatever the fuck you wanted them to considered for. MSU hasn't won shit in years.

Der Flöprer
03-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Conferences choose how their auto-bid is selected. The PAC(and virtually every other league) chooses to have the conference tournament winner be their auto-bid.

That's kind of like saying what's the point of playing an NCAA tournament at all. Let's just crown Kentucky champs.

Fuck your logic. I'm irrationally angry. I know UW choked in their first tourney game. Cal is not better. Poor precedent IMO.

the Talking Can
03-11-2012, 06:11 PM
this tru TV stuff is great

30 iowa st
31 memphis
32 kansas st

banyon
03-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Top 20 RPI
Top 20 SOS
Top 5 OOC SOS
5-6 vs. Top 50
7-1 vs. 51-100
26-8
Conference regular season champions
Conference tournament champions

... 8 seed.

At least the path is reasonably favorable. SLU and MSU will be tough, but there are worse alternatives.

I like the draw too.

It's our own fault for the seeding. We didn't win any of the quality games early we needed to.

alnorth
03-11-2012, 06:12 PM

Missouri failed to prove they were ranked higher than that, because their non-con schedule was very, very weak.

KU had a better conference record, and a much, much better non-con resume than Missouri. I'm also fine with putting Duke and Ohio State above them.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-11-2012, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Detroit

lewdog
03-11-2012, 06:13 PM
You were acting like MSU's past accomplishments warrants them to be considered for whatever the **** you wanted them to considered for. MSU hasn't won shit in years.

No I was simply stating that year after year people think MSU will lose some 2nd round or early game in this tourney. His comment was Memphis will "easily" handle MSU which I think is absurd. I will make sure to check with you next time I need to refute what someone on a message board has to say.

frankotank
03-11-2012, 06:16 PM
No I was simply stating that year after year people think MSU will lose some 2nd round or early game in this tourney. His comment was Memphis will "easily" handle MSU which I think is absurd. I will make sure to check with you next time I need to refute what someone on a message board has to say.

haha.....reading that again....made me laugh AGAIN.
memphis will beat state "easily".
BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! that's hilarious!

hey....by the way....FUCK OHIO!

great game today state. Sullinger is a crying ass BITCH.

Der Flöprer
03-11-2012, 06:16 PM
I fucking hate basketball right now. Thanks for not trolling me during my temper tantrum CP.

Al Bundy
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
I would be willing to bet the committee didn't watch any of the games for the last month.

Setsuna
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM

Ok I see. And you will lose in the 2nd round btw.

tk13
03-11-2012, 06:19 PM
He's right for the most part. Seems like every year people discount Michigan State. They usually seem to get farther than people think they will, at least.

lewdog
03-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Ok I see. And you will lose in the 2nd round btw.

Who the hell is your team?

Rams Fan
03-11-2012, 06:20 PM

I would suggest looking at his avatar.

Bearcat

I'd rank them higher, but when #2-8 are so close together, decisions have to be made based on something.... and the fact is, MU didn't have as many top 25 (sagarin) wins as most of the other schools (everyone but UNC), had an embarrasing non-con SoS, and was ranked lower in RPI, kenpom, and Sagarin for those reasons.

UNC is the one odd one, IMO.... outside of beating MSU early in the season, they really haven't done that much besides beating Duke. They only had 3 top 25 wins (MU had 4).

Ultra Peanut
learn2reed

He obviously said it in the sense that Memphis upsetting Sparty is totally within the realm of possibility. Not that it would be easy to do so or that it would be a 2008 Sweet 16 style romp.

banyon

Uh, ever check the avatars?

lewdog
He's right for the most part. Seems like every year people discount Michigan State. They usually seem to get farther than people think they will, at least.

Thank you, that was the only point I was trying to make. I freely admit that MSU has gotten to many final fours in the past years but has choked most of those away.

lewdog
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I would suggest looking at his avatar.

Uh, ever check the avatars?

Well if I remember correctly this is the same guy who likes the Chiefs but his 2nd favorite team is the Broncos! Or some dumb shit like that.

I was leaving it open for him to make up some more absurd bullshit.

Rams Fan
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Well if I remember correctly this is the same guy who likes the Chiefs but his 2nd favorite team is the Broncos! Or some dumb shit like that.

That would be inaccurate. He is a Jaguars fan.

baitism
03-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Not buying what the committee chairman said. I think it was just said to encourage more high profile non-con games. If Mizzou was 8th, then why did they get the worst 1 seed?

frankotank
03-11-2012, 06:24 PM
learn2reed

He obviously said it in the sense that Memphis upsetting Sparty is totally within the realm of possibility. Not that it would be easy to do so or that it would be a 2008 Sweet 16 style romp.

actually....he said EXACTLY that it would be easy. WTF? YOU learn to read.
and once again....this is just as funny the fourth time I read it as it was the first! ROFL

CoMoChief
03-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Mizzou's SOS made them the eighth best team according to the selection committee.

sounds about right.

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
"Memphis can easily beat MSU" = "Memphis beating MSU is not a crazy idea at all"
"Memphis can beat MSU easily" = "Memphis is going to thrash MSU like they did four years ago."

This reading comprehension tip brought to you by PeanutCo.

alnorth
03-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Not buying what the committee chairman said. I think it was just said to encourage more high profile non-con games. If Mizzou was 8th, then why did they get the worst 1 seed?

After reading around, I was apparently wrong about seeding principles. They don't do matchups based strictly on the S-curve for the 2-line, they base that by location as well, just like the #1's.

KU gets first pick, they get St. Louis. Duke gets 2nd pick, they want Atlanta. OSU gets third pick, they'd rather have Boston. Mizzou gets shipped out west.

frankotank
03-11-2012, 06:28 PM
"Memphis can easily beat MSU" = "Memphis beating MSU is not a crazy idea at all"
"Memphis can beat MSU easily" = "Memphis is going to thrash MSU like they did four years ago."

ahh....but see you are missing the point. it IS a crazy idea! :D

Chiefs Pantalones
I'd rank them higher, but when #2-8 are so close together, decisions have to be made based on something.... and the fact is, MU didn't have as many top 25 (sagarin) wins as most of the other schools (everyone but UNC), had an embarrasing non-con SoS, and was ranked lower in RPI, kenpom, and Sagarin for those reasons.

UNC is the one odd one, IMO.... outside of beating MSU early in the season, they really haven't done that much besides beating Duke. They only had 3 top 25 wins (MU had 4).

I don't really care who's better between the two. I'll care about MU if we see them down the road. I just wanna get past Detroit they scare me.

Ultra Peanut
ahh....but see you are missing the point. it IS a crazy idea! :DHopefully we'll find out!

lewdog
03-11-2012, 06:29 PM
That would be inaccurate. He is a Jaguars fan.

Well shit, then I confused him with someone else.

I wonder who I am thinking of? :hmmm:

banyon
03-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Hopefully, presuming Black didn't break his hand yesterday jumping into the crowd.

Bearcat
I don't really care who's better between the two. I'll care about MU if we see them down the road. I just wanna get past Detroit they scare me.

I'm interested to learn more about Detroit... 3rd in their conference, but played close games vs Notre Dame (led by 3 at half, lost by 6) and Mississippi State (lost by 5)..... but yeah, not looking past anyone.

frankotank
Hopefully we'll find out!

my guys beat memphis on nov 21.
I'd much rather play memphis than mi st. (even though we have beat state this year....I'd rather not go there again)
good luck memphis!

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Hopefully, presuming Black didn't break his hand yesterday jumping into the crowd.Bruised forearm. He's fine, thank fuck.

my guys beat memphis on nov 21.
I'd much rather play memphis than mi st. (even though we have beat state this year....I'd rather not go there again)
good luck memphis!Like I said, Maui was a loooong time ago. Completely different team now. Sophomores mature a lot over four months.

banyon
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Holy crap, Gottlieb picked St. Louis because Pastner has to "go against Rick Majerus".

It's not like Majerus gets to suit up and clog the lane or something.

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
nice seeding brosephs

http://i.imgur.com/No16O.png

(Kenpom rankings)

frankotank
03-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Gottlieb also picked Ohio over Michigan. ROFL
I don't think I'll be using his bracket as a model to win the office pool!

the Talking Can
03-11-2012, 08:07 PM
this is lifted from a ku board, kenpom rankings for every bracket

MIDWEST

UNC - 5
Kansas - 3.5
Georgetown - 13.5
Michigan - 32
Temple - 40
SDSU - 56.5
St. Mary's - 34.5
Creighton - 27.5
Alabama - 30.5
Purdue - 33.5
NC State - 47.5
Cal - 29
Ohio - 69
Belmont - 16
Detroit - 113.5
Lamar - 93.5

Average for the Midwest : 40.3
Average for top 14 seeds: 31.3

SOUTH

Kentucky - 1
Duke - 14.5
Baylor - 15.5
Indiana - 11
Wichita State - 8
UNLV - 30
Notre Dame - 46
Iowa State - 34
UConn - 42
Xavier - 65
Colorado - 85.5
VCU - 45.5
New Mexico St - 52.
SDSU - 45
Lehigh - 72
Western Kentucky - 198

Average for South: 47.8
Average for Top 14 seeds: 35.4

WEST

Michigan St. - 3.5
Missouri - 7.5
Marquette - 18
Louisville - 21.5
New Mexico - 13.5
Murray State - 36.5
Florida - 20.5
Memphis - 9.5
St. Louis - 17
Virginia - 31.5
Colorado St. - 88.5
LBSU - 28.5
Davidson - 50.5
BYU - 42
Norfolk St. - 197
LIU Brooklyn - 154.5

Average for West: 46.3
Average for top 14 seeds: 27.8

EAST
Syracuse - 7.5
Ohio State - 2
Florida State - 23
Wisconsin - 9.5
Vanderbilt - 16
CInci - 39.5
Gonzaga - 28
KSU - 25.5
Southern Miss - 70
West Virginia - 42
Texas - 31.5
Harvard - 43
Montana - 81
Loyola (MD) - 123
UNC Asheville - 105

Average for the East: 43.1
Average for Top 14 Seeds: 32.2

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Gottlieb also picked Davidson over Louisville. Stephen Curry is NOT walking through that door.

Bambi
03-11-2012, 09:53 PM
KU probably should have had the #1 but oh well. They've been screwed before so it's nothing new.

Getting St. Louis can work out well for the Hawks. Not as home field as Kansas City but makes it pretty easy for the KU fans to get to the building.

Should be a great tourney.

lewdog
03-16-2012, 10:39 PM

Hopefully we'll find out!

Bruised forearm. He's fine, thank ****.

Like I said, Maui was a loooong time ago. Completely different team now. Sophomores mature a lot over four months.

Great call on Memphis guys, just a great call

:clap:

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Oh hey remember the part where I totally said Memphis would roll and that SLU (a top 20 team in both the RPI and Kenpom ratings, much like Memphis) would get curbstomped en route to a sure-thing victory over Michigan State?

I think we have a legit shot at beating Sparty with the way this absurdly talented team has put it all together, but who knows what's going to happen against SLU first oh god so nervous. They started trying too hard again once the bright lights came on and Majerus did a great job of stopping runs the moment they started. It was the worst-case scenario but it's hardly shameful, just incredibly disappointing.

I respect SLU and I respect MSU. Maybe try being less of a defensive, chest-thumping child. God forbid someone think another team MIGHT POSSIBLY be capable of defeating yours in a one-game playoff.

lewdog
03-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Oh hey remember the part where I totally said Memphis would roll?

No you are right, you didn't. Someone else did, although you seemed to be a Memphis fan. :hmmm:

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2012, 10:52 PM
The person you think said Memphis would roll is a) a Mizzou fan and probably bummed about a completely different disappointing basketball team right now, and b) was simply saying Memphis had the potential to beat Michigan State.

Memphis was a young, extremely talented, extremely fickle team that was on a hot streak. Boom or bust yo.

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Anyways, I'm gonna go get stoned and watch MST3K. Good luck Sunday.

(But not really. I'm pulling for the lovably spergy fat dude to pull the upset and take a 9 seed to the Final Four.)