PDA

View Full Version : Music 98.9FM The Rock Presents: Rockfest 2012

CoMoChief
03-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Anyone going to go to this? I went last year and had a blast. And man was I hammered. Probably one of the few days of the year other than my bday 4th of July and NYE where I just get absolutely hammered.

Link to official site:
http://www.rockfestkc.com/home/bands/

The event's band list just came out today. I'm pumped! I was hoping that Shinedown was going to be there, and it looks like they're headlining. I went to their concert a couple years ago at the Midland. They're a good "live" band. Tickets are $35, but if you pre-order and sign up on the radio station's site March 7th-9th, they're $25.

Anyways the big guys that will be there are:
Shinedown
Five Finger Death Punch
Slash
Chevelle

KC Tattoo
03-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I'd rather see Buckethead than Slash, but I would go if I could & would be fun.

Sofa King
03-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Nice list of bands.

Dayze
03-05-2012, 09:31 AM
I remember having cocktails at Sky's one year, and it came around to where rockfest was located.....all I thought was 'Screw that'

seemed like there was like 100k people there....all standing in 100 degree heat.

lol.
Pass.

CoMoChief
03-05-2012, 09:35 AM
I remember having cocktails at Sky's one year, and it came around to where rockfest was located.....all I thought was 'Screw that'

seemed like there was like 100k people there....all standing in 100 degree heat.

lol.
Pass.

yeah it was horribly hot a couple years ago....then last year it was cold lol.

fucking missouri weather

Molitoth
03-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Same ol' shit.

KCUnited
03-05-2012, 09:43 AM
WTF, no Buckcherry?!? **** that.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Great lineup this year. I finally get to see Chad Gray.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-05-2012, 09:46 AM
always a good time. I think there's a thread somewhere in Mediaplanet with pictures I took :drool:

lcarus
03-05-2012, 09:46 AM
WTF, no Buckcherry?!? **** that.

Yeah, they'd fit in perfectly with that shitty list of bands. Trivium is decent I guess.

Theory of a Deadman is the worst of the worst "new rock" shit that exists currently. They're a ripoff of Nickelback if you can believe that, and they're absolutely horrible live from what a lot of people have said.

DaKCMan AP
03-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Theory of the Deadman's first album was really good but their newer stuff not so much. Trivium is good too. My friend is into Volbeat & Art of Dying but they're not my style.

Molitoth
03-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah, they'd fit in perfectly with that shitty list of bands. Trivium is decent I guess.

I'd say Chevelle is the only tolerable band to me in that list.

I just went back to check the archives and it seems Shinedown has played almost every year of Shitfest. Way to book the same shitty band over and over 98.9

BryanBusby
03-05-2012, 09:49 AM
"Come sweat or freeze to death (as there seems to be no middle ground) to watch these buttrock bands play"

Seems to be the same ol shit now.

Dayze
03-05-2012, 09:50 AM
"Come sweat or freeze to death (as there seems to be no middle ground) to watch these buttrock bands play"

Seems to be the same ol shit now.

..but 65 year old Johnny Dare will be there.

lcarus
03-05-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd say Chevelle is the only tolerable band to me in that list.

I just went back to check the archives and it seems Shinedown has played almost every year of Shitfest. Way to book the same shitty band over and over 98.9

These are almost the exact same bands that are playing at "Rocklahoma" this summer, but at least with Rocklahoma we get Megadeth, Queensryche, and Rob Zombie. Not amazing but those 3 bands are better than the rest.

KCUnited
03-05-2012, 09:52 AM
There's a couple of different theories regarding that lineup.

Deberg_1990
03-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Wheres Nickelback?

Molitoth
03-05-2012, 09:56 AM
These are almost the exact same bands that are playing at "Rocklahoma" this summer, but at least with Rocklahoma we get Megadeth, Queensryche, and Rob Zombie. Not amazing but those 3 bands are better than the rest.

Yeah, the majority of these bands are playing the Rockfest in Wisconsin as well.

I'm just taking a stab but I would guess these bands are getting promoted to play these shows for the majority of the Entercom backed radio stations.

I wish we could get a festival full of good music sometime... but those are all over in the EU where they have good music taste.

Saul Good
03-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Five Finger Death Punch < Rebecca Black

BourbonMan
03-05-2012, 09:57 AM
They need to move it back to the 1st week of June...I went the last 5 yrs...the first 3 were the best(that's was when they had it in June)...the last 2 were the worst(shitty lineup and cold/rainy weather)

Reaper16
03-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Bands worth seeing:

Molitoth
03-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Bands worth seeing:

nice! lol

lcarus
03-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, the majority of these bands are playing the Rockfest in Wisconsin as well.

I'm just taking a stab but I would guess these bands are getting promoted to play these shows for the majority of the Entercom backed radio stations.

I wish we could get a festival full of good music sometime... but those are all over in the EU where they have good music taste.

Our station 97.5 is a Clear Channel station and I really don't know how it survives. Actually I'm surprised radio stations survive at all now days with Pandora, iPhones/iPods and CDs. Why listen to an FM station that plays the same shit over and over and over every single day with 5 minutes of commercials between each song when you have so many better options? But....some idiots gobble the shit up.

BryanBusby
03-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Bands worth seeing:

basically lol

I wish this area would get some actual music festivals for a change.

Dayze
03-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Our station 97.5 is a Clear Channel station and I really don't know how it survives. Actually I'm surprised radio stations survive at all now days with Pandora, iPhones/iPods and CDs. Why listen to an FM station that plays the same shit over and over and over every single day with 5 minutes of commercials between each song when you have so many better options? But....some idiots gobble the shit up.

yep.
I literally haven't listened to FM is probably 5 years.

...and can barely tolerate AM/Sports talk. I either have my ipod with me, or I drive with no music.

lcarus
03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
yep.
I literally haven't listened to FM is probably 5 years.

...and can barely tolerate AM/Sports talk. I either have my ipod with me, or I drive with no music.

I hear ya. Hell, I don't listen to music much at all anymore.

Pablo
03-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Man, look at that sick butt rock line up.

Lzen
03-05-2012, 10:25 AM

Don't know about the others, but Megadeth has put out some really solid material the last few years. I don't have their new one, but Endgame (2009) and United Abominations (2007) were great albums, on par with their early material, IMO.

Fairplay
03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Oh, Shine down, shine down, harvest moon
Up in the sky;
I ain't had no lovin'
Since April, January, June or July.
Snow time ain't no time to stay
Outdoors and spoon;
So shine down, shine down, harvest moon,
For me and my gal.

Demonpenz
03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I want my
Three
Days
GRACE!

Dayze
03-05-2012, 10:31 AM
throw in some Matchbox 20 and I"m in.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-05-2012, 10:32 AM
the same bands play because they are "friends" of the station, and the only way they can afford to put on a show for $25 and all concessions under $5.

Last one I attended did have STP though, that was the highlight.

CoMoChief
03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Five Finger Death Punch < Rebecca Black

ROFL

Molitoth
03-05-2012, 10:44 AM
basically lol

I wish this area would get some actual music festivals for a change.

Wakarusa had potential...

Granted, a bit revolved around too many Jam Bands it was a great idea with quite a few good bands.

Demonpenz
03-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Kansrockas was bad ass
THEY CALL ME
SLIM SHADY
I'M BACK
I'M BACK

BryanBusby
03-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Kansrockas was bad ass
THEY CALL ME
SLIM SHADY
I'M BACK
I'M BACK
I actually enjoyed it, but sadly it seems they won't be doing it again this year.

KC Tattoo
03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
I want to go to this concert

http://www.5gig.com/concerts/Rob+Zombie-Valley+Center-KS

Rob Zombie & Megadeth May 25 in Valley Center ks.

Bearcat
03-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Shinedown might be good. Slash wasn't terrible the one time I saw them live a few years ago. Hell Yeah is the worst band I've ever seen live, by a wide margin.

Yeah, they'd fit in perfectly with that shitty list of bands.

:harumph:

Bump
03-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Shinedown is okay.......sometimes, live they are very good though. That's a pretty crappy list of marquee bands, rockfest is going downhill yo!

KCUnited
03-05-2012, 11:06 AM
ButtRockFest 2012:

Anusdown
Five Finger Anus Punch
Theory of an Anus

Stewie
03-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I actually enjoyed it, but sadly it seems they won't be doing it again this year.

They couldn't do it this year because of all the construction going on out there. It will be back next year.

Molitoth
03-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Kansrockas was bad ass
K

Forgot about that. I didn't go, but that was a great lineup!

58kcfan89
03-05-2012, 11:25 AM
I ****ing love Shinedown. Been listening to them since Leave A Whisper came out in '03 (which admittedly is much much better than their last 2...) and their concerts are always a ton of fun. Have only seen them in the craphole Cotillion in Wichita and the AMC in KC, so I'm kinda interested to see them in an outdoor venue.

The rest of the bands I've either never heard of or am not a huge fan of. I'll probably pay $25 just to see Shinedown live again, though.

Thanks for the heads up, CoMo.

qabbaan
03-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Why is it called "Buttrock"?

Bowser
03-05-2012, 11:28 AM
There's a couple of different theories regarding that lineup.

Such as? (not sure if serious, but I would like to hear a theory)

The last one of these I went to was the Mudfest one. We walk in, and my buddy is about to explode from having to piss so bad. The lines were forever long at the Johnny on the Spots, so he wanders over behind the tents and proceeds to relieve himself. Out of nowhere, some drunk stumbles up, zombie style, and walks right through the piss stream. He looks down at his leg, looks at my buddy, shrugs his shoulders, and gives a drunken "ENNNHHHHH", and staggers on.

MoreLemonPledge
03-05-2012, 11:31 AM
What a bunch of shitty music.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Such as? (not sure if serious, but I would like to hear a theory)

ROFL Rev theory, and Theory of a Deadman.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 11:33 AM
I ****ing love Shinedown. Been listening to them since Leave A Whisper came out in '03 (which admittedly is much much better than their last 2...) and their concerts are always a ton of fun. Have only seen them in the craphole Cotillion in Wichita and the AMC in KC, so I'm kinda interested to see them in an outdoor venue.

The rest of the bands I've either never heard of or am not a huge fan of. I'll probably pay $25 just to see Shinedown live again, though.

Thanks for the heads up, CoMo.

I saw them in a small bar-like concert in Colorado Springs 4 years ago. It was amazing. They were literally 10 feet away the entire time. Brent is a fantastic musician.

Saulbadguy
03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Hayseedfest

Bearcat
03-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I heard a little bit of the Johnny Dare show a month or two ago, probably for the first time in 10 years... it gave me flashbacks to high school. I'm sure they could replay an entire show from the mid-late 90s and no one would notice.

Bowser
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
ROFL Rev theory, and Theory of a Deadman.

:banghead:

Valiant
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Seriously, does anyone here like death punch? I have never understood the playtime and marketing they get in kc for such an average band.

They should never be a headliner or mainstage act. It boggles my mind. I equate their kc pimping by j.dare to whitlocks jeff george pimping.

CoMoChief
03-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Kansrockas was bad ass
THEY CALL ME
SLIM SHADY
I'M BACK
I'M BACK

I had a great time at Kanrocksas......had lots of sex that weekend. Probably why I had such a great time lol.

Bowser
03-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I heard a little bit of the Johnny Dare show a month or two ago, probably for the first time in 10 years... it gave me flashbacks to high school. I'm sure they could replay an entire show from the mid-late 90s and no one would notice.

Pretty much. Proof yet again that satellite >>>>>> terrestrial radio.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Seriously, does anyone here like death punch? I have never understood the playtime and marketing they get in kc for such an average band.

They should never be a headliner or mainstage act. It boggles my mind. I equate their kc pimping by j.dare to whitlocks jeff george pimping.

They're ok. Not my favorite by any means.

But I miss Mudvayne. I breathe Mudvayne.

Bowser
03-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Not really, but they get a ton of play time on Sirius/XM, for reasons I don't follow.

Molitoth
03-05-2012, 11:51 AM
They're ok. Not my favorite by any means.

But I miss Mudvayne. I breathe Mudvayne.

Ryan Martinie effing rules.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nItFBgoLQ_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MoreLemonPledge
03-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Ryan Martinie effing rules.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nItFBgoLQ_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not listening, but judging by the lyrics I can only guess that it's terrible emo or a teenage girl's diary.

NewChief
03-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah... I don't think so.

Molitoth
03-05-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm not listening, but judging by the lyrics I can only guess that it's terrible emo or a teenage girl's diary.

Nailed it! It's a girls teenage diary sang by a whiny high pitched boy with a comb over and makeup.

NewChief
03-05-2012, 12:25 PM
As far as festivals go, though, Forecastle (http://forecastlefest.com/lineup/) is calling my name more than any other (even though Waka is now in my back yard, not crazy about the lineup this year for some reason).

Bowser
03-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah... I don't think so.

The white trash entertainment always turns out to be better than the actual concert at these things, if that's your kind of thing. 10+ years ago it was fun, now it's just a pain in the ass.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
not many other places in KC you can watch a guy fuck a girl on a picnic table at 3 in the afternoon.

MoreLemonPledge
03-05-2012, 01:54 PM
As far as festivals go, though, Forecastle (http://forecastlefest.com/lineup/) is calling my name more than any other (even though Waka is now in my back yard, not crazy about the lineup this year for some reason).

I haven't heard of that. That's a lot of damn good music.

Papi
03-05-2012, 04:50 PM
When did Slash team up with Kevin Bacon?

http://www.rockfestkc.com/home/bands/monster-stage/slash/

Pablo
03-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Which one of you Chads is getting an old-fashioned in the porta-potty?

WilliamTheIrish
03-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I had a great time at Kanrocksas......had lots of sex that weekend. Probably why I had such a great time lol.

Hope you got the names of those fellas. I'll bet your asshole looked like a butterchurn.

Demonpenz
03-05-2012, 08:19 PM
A couple years back my "Date" (ok I am from st joe) she wants to go but she wants her "Dad" to go as well. I pick him up at the Plaza Winsteds. and he gets his Jean Shorts caught on my cooler in the back of my Lancer and spills water everywhere. He then lights up a J while his daughter smokes and he smokes. I partook in alittle booze, nothing crazy. i loose her cause she goes to the front. So it's just me and her papa talking about Jean Shorts and 38. special.

Demonpenz
03-05-2012, 08:21 PM
if you want to see shinedown see them by themselves. I thought it was funny they had a WWI vet at the first event 20 years ago and he said there was less piss in his trench than front row for Staind

Psyko Tek
03-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I love theory of a deadman
closest they got to me was tucson
I would go just for them
slash is good and chevelle
5 finger I can stand
and shinedown is cool

Psyko Tek
03-05-2012, 08:39 PM
I listen to this

http://www.skapunkradio.com/SkapunkRadio/SkapunkRadioDotCom/SkapunkRadioDotCom.html
when at hone
or around a computer
driving in PHX you have talk oldies hip hop and talk

I have way to many idiots at work thatr talk to me
\

KCrockaholic
05-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Who's going? Just checkin... You're prob already asleep if you're goin...I'll be there. Pre-game in the AM....

Who ya lookin forward to if you're goin?

KurtCobain
05-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Who's going? Just checkin... You're prob already asleep if you're goin...I'll be there. Pre-game in the AM....

Who ya lookin forward to if you're goin?

Going. Not looking forward to any band in particular.

Bump
05-12-2012, 12:53 AM
NAKED FAT CHICKS

THE SMELL OF BODY ODOR

DRUNK IDIOTS BUMPING INTO YOU CONSTANTLY

ANY PLACE IS A GREAT PLACE TO START A MOST PIT

A MIST OF MILLER LITE FROM IT FLYING EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME

YEAH BUDDY!!!!!

KCrockaholic
05-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Going. Not looking forward to any band in particular.

Just there for the party eh? I gotta say, I'm excited about Chad Gray from Hellyeah. Mudvayne is my favorite metal/nu-metal band of all time. Just seeing Chad will be awesome.

KCrockaholic
05-12-2012, 12:54 AM
NAKED FAT CHICKS

THE SMELL OF BODY ODOR

DRUNK IDIOTS BUMPING INTO YOU CONSTANTLY

ANY PLACE IS A GREAT PLACE TO START A MOST PIT

A MIST OF MILLER LITE FROM IT FLYING EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME

YEAH BUDDY!!!!!

That smell is one that will never leave your memory once it's experienced...

Like the aroma of old mildew peaches.

Demonpenz
05-12-2012, 07:49 AM
I AM PUMPED. GOT THE SLAM PIECE TO STOP BEING PREGNANT FOR 4 FUCKING SECONDS SO I CAN SEE SALIVA/SEETHER ALL THE BOYS FROM PERKINS/DENNY'S WILL BE SUCKING ON SOME WAITRESSES PUSSY. GOD BLESS YOU BOB EVANS!

Kyle DeLexus
05-12-2012, 08:52 AM
The first time I went, I had a blast. Every time since, it's been less fun. The last time was basically awful. Probably won't be going again.

Strongside
05-12-2012, 10:56 AM
I was offered free tickets numerous times for this year's show and turned them all down. I used to go religiously every year, back when it was worth the price of admission and bands that were worth seeing were playing. I'm not sure that 98.9 has a clue what's going on with their fanbase anymore. Johnny Dare's love affair with Shinedown is appalling and nearly every band at the show has little to no career going for them anymore. Sure, 5 Finger Death Punch used to kick ass but they've become commercialized radio rock crap. It's nearly all shit that I have in my CD deck from the early 2000's when I was in HS. They need to get someone like Tool to headline this thing next year and tell Shinedown to GTFO.

Bump
05-12-2012, 10:59 AM
another thing that should surprise you (or shouldn't) is the number of little kids at this event. I saw a ton of parents with 5 year olds at this thing last time I went.

I don't know, but rockfest doesn't seem like a great place to take your kids to.

Kyle DeLexus
05-12-2012, 12:09 PM
I was offered free tickets numerous times for this year's show and turned them all down. I used to go religiously every year, back when it was worth the price of admission and bands that were worth seeing were playing. I'm not sure that 98.9 has a clue what's going on with their fanbase anymore. Johnny Dare's love affair with Shinedown is appalling and nearly every band at the show has little to no career going for them anymore. Sure, 5 Finger Death Punch used to kick ass but they've become commercialized radio rock crap. It's nearly all shit that I have in my CD deck from the early 2000's when I was in HS. They need to get someone like Tool to headline this thing next year and tell Shinedown to GTFO.

I like Shinedown and all, but I'd like to see a new band headline every year. If you are part of the lineup one year, you shouldn't headline the next. It just seems dumb to me that they take a band that has been in the lineup for years and have them headline.

sedated
05-12-2012, 01:46 PM
The time I went to rockfest, I had a friend blow cigarette smoke into my face because it smelled better than the cloud of BO (and god knows what else).

mikeyis4dcats.
05-12-2012, 02:58 PM
I like Shinedown and all, but I'd like to see a new band headline every year. If you are part of the lineup one year, you shouldn't headline the next. It just seems dumb to me that they take a band that has been in the lineup for years and have them headline.

most of this goes back to the effort to make it an affordable show. These "friends of the show" (Jackyl, Shinedown, etc) are willing to come back for cut rate prices. Sure, they could put on a killer show for $75-100 but they want to be able to keep it $25 or less. I don't think they did this year, but in years past you've been able to get tickets for as low as $9.89 if you were a Rockaholic.

BryanBusby
05-12-2012, 03:20 PM
most of this goes back to the effort to make it an affordable show. These "friends of the show" (Jackyl, Shinedown, etc) are willing to come back for cut rate prices. Sure, they could put on a killer show for $75-100 but they want to be able to keep it $25 or less. I don't think they did this year, but in years past you've been able to get tickets for as low as $9.89 if you were a Rockaholic.

which leads to this

The time I went to rockfest, I had a friend blow cigarette smoke into my face because it smelled better than the cloud of BO (and god knows what else).

Deberg_1990
05-12-2012, 03:23 PM
I hear there are lots of 21 year old hotties from st Joe with 5 year old kids there. Sounds like a real hoot!
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus
05-12-2012, 03:25 PM

I've never heard of prices that low honestly. I've always bought during the rockaholic pre-sale for $25 that ends up being $35ish after ticketmaster fees.

I don't mind bringing select bands back year after year to help costs, but I think they need to make some kind of effort to bring in a new headliner each year. Like I said I'm a Shinedown fan, but they are there every year so it makes no sense for them to headline.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Eh...depends on the quality of flashers

KurtCobain
05-12-2012, 08:00 PM

There's been some good ones tonight.

Kyle DeLexus
05-12-2012, 09:01 PM

This is true. My first year the quality and quantity was up. The next year the quantity was there, but the quality was lacking. The final time I went, was just pathetic.

cabletech94
05-12-2012, 09:05 PM
There's been some good ones tonight.

PICS or GTFO, bro!!!!!!!!:evil:

BryanBusby
05-12-2012, 09:39 PM
In b4 pics of meth whores posted

L.A. Chieffan
05-12-2012, 11:30 PM
I like five finger

KCrockaholic
05-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Damn I'm tired....Was a pretty great night.

Simply Red
05-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Anyone going to go to this?

No.

L.A. Chieffan
05-12-2012, 11:44 PM
No.

You're inhuman

Demonpenz
05-12-2012, 11:53 PM
rocked

dmahurin
05-13-2012, 12:21 AM
I had to work it. 2 couples caught fucking in the parking garage, 1 person shitting on the carpet in crown center with runny beer shits who somehow managed to shit on the carpet, tile, and walls simultaneously, and countless girls flashing. Overall an average year for rock fest.

Kyle DeLexus
05-13-2012, 12:33 AM
I had to work it. 2 couples caught fucking in the parking garage

Swap or separate locations?

dmahurin
05-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Swap or separate locations?

Same location, different times.

BryanBusby
05-13-2012, 12:36 AM
I had to work it. 2 couples caught fucking in the parking garage, 1 person shitting on the carpet in crown center with runny beer shits who somehow managed to shit on the carpet, tile, and walls simultaneously, and countless girls flashing. Overall an average year for rock fest.
I bet this dude pisses in the shower.

bevischief
05-13-2012, 05:32 AM
So who in 9 months is expecting?

KCUnited
05-13-2012, 07:00 AM
PancakeTitty Fest did it again! Nothing like neck punching fools and finger banging skanks in the Buckcherry pit. CANT WAIT for next year.

L.A. Chieffan
05-13-2012, 10:26 AM
how was hellyeah? just curious if vinnie still brings it

KCrockaholic
05-13-2012, 11:29 AM
how was hellyeah? just curious if vinnie still brings it

I ****in loved them. I was there more for Chad Gray than Vinnie, but I actually skipped out on 5 FDP to get a front 3 rows for Hellyeah. Both were amazing. Paul threw about 10 drum sticks into the crowd during the show, one ended up about 5 feet away from me, which of course turned into a mini-scramble/brawl for about a minute. Was a pretty good mosh, but with 5F being on the main stage I'm sure they had some crazy shit going on over there.

chasedude
05-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Nah, saving my money for the Mayhem Fest in July. SLAYER!!!!!!! :rockon:

Bowser
05-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Nah, saving my money for the Mayhem Fest in July. SLAYER!!!!!!! :rockon:

MUCH better lineup than Rockfest.

Al Bundy
05-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Did they have one of those mass white trash wedding ceremonies?

Bowser
05-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Did they have one of those mass white trash wedding ceremonies?

I wasn't there so I don't know for certain, but I feel safe saying that if they didn't have the actual ceremony, that there was plenty of consumating of relationships going on.

dmahurin
05-13-2012, 03:40 PM
I wasn't there so I don't know for certain, but I feel safe saying that if they didn't have the actual ceremony, that there was plenty of consumating of relationships going on.

Ya I witnessed a couple consumations.

chasedude
05-13-2012, 06:06 PM
MUCH better lineup than Rockfest.

Slayer, Motorhead... more old school flavor for me :D

sodcat
05-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Did each band play three songs, take a break for 10 minutes of commercials?

Saul Good
05-13-2012, 08:03 PM

Let's do a breakdown of a week's worth of shows and see if you can tell me if it was last week or 10 years ago:

Interview with Jesse James Dupree where Johnny sucks his cock for half an hour and pretends that Jesse's some super-important rock star. They talk about how drunk they got at Sturgis together.

Psychic Gary Spivey comes on and does readings. He sees every dead relative and says that they are pointing at their teeth and giving a thumbs up (why they're always pointing at their teeth, I have no idea).

The fat guy plays some terrible parody song.

Johnny picks on T-Bone and calls him a molester.

Johnny interviews Dee Snyder.

People call in and request a Crank Yankers call.

Craig Glazer from Stanford's Comedy Club comes on the show for no apparent reason, and they talk about his car.

Bowser
05-13-2012, 11:39 PM
It really, really sucks that 103.7 The Dam switched to talk radio. 98.9 is it for rock in KC. And no, 101 The Fox does not count.

Long live satellite radio.

SLAG
05-13-2012, 11:44 PM
It really, really sucks that 103.7 The Dam switched to talk radio. 98.9 is it for rock in KC. And no, 101 The Fox does not count.

I missed 107.3 the X

Had a great time at the 2 days of X-Mas - Kick ass shows..

Ahhh those were the days

BryanBusby
05-13-2012, 11:51 PM
107.3 the X owned and so the the buzz in the earlier days.

Inmem58
05-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Chevelle is still around?

God they are HORRIBLE.

sedated
05-14-2012, 07:51 AM
It really, really sucks that 103.7 The Dam switched to talk radio.

That was the best radio station in KC during its short run. I was shocked when they switched.

Al Bundy
05-14-2012, 08:11 AM

I had no idea they did that. Looking at the facebook page, people aren't thrilled with it. I guess they thought they just couldn't compete with 98.9.

sedated
05-14-2012, 08:44 AM
I had no idea they did that. Looking at the facebook page, people aren't thrilled with it. I guess they thought they just couldn't compete with 98.9.

They had no advertising that I know of. And they hardly EVER played commercials, so not sure where their revenue came from. But they also didn’t waste time and money with “personalities” to fill up airtime, just music.

Nzoner
05-14-2012, 09:19 AM
They had no advertising that I know of. And they hardly EVER played commercials, so not sure where their revenue came from. But they also didn’t waste time and money with “personalities” to fill up airtime, just music.

My lil bro has a station like this in Flagstaff,when we were there last September the station got three songs in and I told him,"wow whomever is behind this station is 100% stoner." He laughed and remarked absolutely.I couldn't believe some of the obscure b-side stuff I was hearing reminded me a lot of deep cuts on satellite radio.

Dayze
05-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Let's do a breakdown of a week's worth of shows and see if you can tell me if it was last week or 10 years ago:

Interview with Jesse James Dupree where Johnny sucks his cock for half an hour and pretends that Jesse's some super-important rock star. They talk about how drunk they got at Sturgis together.

Psychic Gary Spivey comes on and does readings. He sees every dead relative and says that they are pointing at their teeth and giving a thumbs up (why they're always pointing at their teeth, I have no idea).

The fat guy plays some terrible parody song.

Johnny picks on T-Bone and calls him a molester.

Johnny interviews Dee Snyder.

People call in and request a Crank Yankers call.

Craig Glazer from Stanford's Comedy Club comes on the show for no apparent reason, and they talk about his car.
LMAO
pretty much. I listened on one commute for the first time in probably 8-10 years. JFC....what's annoying is (aside from what you pointed out) is whoever controls the volume at the station. when JD talks, the background music comes down, but when he shuts his sewer, the music comes back in louder.

this happens non-stop throughout his horrible assed show.

qabbaan
05-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Do you guys remember 105.9, the laser, coming out of Lawrence? That was the best station ever in the area. Too bad they went pop eventually.

qabbaan
05-15-2012, 06:23 AM
LMAO
pretty much. I listened on one commute for the first time in probably 8-10 years. JFC....what's annoying is (aside from what you pointed out) is whoever controls the volume at the station. when JD talks, the background music comes down, but when he shuts his sewer, the music comes back in louder.

this happens non-stop throughout his horrible assed show.

Dare is like Art Bell. You can listen and have no clue whether it's a live episode or one from 20 years ago and it doesn't really matter.

Dayze
05-15-2012, 06:23 AM
radio is KC is dog shit.
It makes me sad.

alpha_omega
05-17-2012, 12:20 PM
I ran across this and thought it was appropriate for this thread. If i was smart enough, i would embed the video, but alas i am not...so here is the link.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/17/snooki-alike-kicked-rockfest-brawl/

Valiant
05-17-2012, 12:32 PM
I ran across this and thought it was appropriate for this thread. If i was smart enough, i would embed the video, but alas i am not...so here is the link.

On my phone, but looks he kicked her in the boob.

Loved the piranha mentality of the people trying to watch the fight.

Bowser
05-17-2012, 12:55 PM
radio is KC is dog shit.
It makes me sad.Remember when William Jewel Universtiy had that little rock station? 90.1, or somewhere way down the dial? You'd start to lose the signal if you got south of Worlds of Fun or north of the Liberty Hospital, but it was actually a pretty good station.

It doesn't look like it happened, but that guy deserved to get worked over. Who the fuck kicks a girl in the face, no matter how lippy she's being?

Halfcan
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
radio is KC is dog shit.
It makes me sad.

Exactly, tons of bands Don't get played because of KC radio.

dare is the worst-his show is practically unlistenable.

The Damm was a great station until turning to Nazi propeganda garbage.

chasedude
05-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Looks like I didn't miss much. LMAO

Check out these pics from The Pitch in KC.

One titty flash in there, so NSFW warning.

http://www.pitch.com/kansascity/rockfest-2012-nsfw/Slideshow?oid=2881285

http://www.pitch.com/imager/rockfest-2012-nsfw/b/slideshow/2881286/f96e/IMG_3003.jpg

chasedude
05-18-2012, 02:20 PM
LMAO Caption this Pic!
http://www.pitch.com/imager/rockfest-2012-nsfw/b/slideshow/2881306/7f7e/IMG_2867.jpg

Demonpenz
05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
it waslike 80 degrees that day. nothing like wearing a skull hoodie

mikeyis4dcats.
05-18-2012, 02:33 PM
those are some fine shaped titties

Bowser
05-18-2012, 02:43 PM
What a bunch of crackheads, lol.

Dayze
05-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Exactly, tons of bands Don't get played because of KC radio.

dare is the worst-his show is practically unlistenable.

The Damm was a great station until turning to Nazi propeganda garbage.

Nazi propaganda?
....:hmmm: never heard that story. ......now I'm interested. Not in nazis mind you....but you get the idea

Dayze
05-18-2012, 08:09 PM
LMAO Caption this Pic!
http://www.pitch.com/imager/rockfest-2012-nsfw/b/slideshow/2881306/7f7e/IMG_2867.jpg

Puddle of Mudd lead singer, and REM lead singer take a load off at Rockfest 2012

CHENZ A!
05-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Woah. Those pics are crazy. The general lack of personal hygiene is appalling.

jspchief
05-20-2012, 06:16 AM
The grand finale of these concerts should be a daisycutter dropped on the crowd.

tomahawk kid
05-20-2012, 07:47 AM
Wow.....just wow........

Deberg_1990
05-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Which Planeteer was this?

Pablo
05-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Oh man, remember that one time Buckcherry played Crazy Bitch and I caught an elbow to the top of my spine in the pit??

BEST. ROCKFEST. EVER.

Al Bundy
05-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Which Planeteer was this?

That has to be Omaha.

Pablo
05-20-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and make up my worst case scenario concert that would probably happen at Rockfest.

Nickelback
Creed
Buckcherry
Shinedown
Saliva
Theory of a Deadman

Yep, that oughta do it. I'm sure that actually resembles a recent Rockfest line up.

chasedude
05-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Oh man, remember that one time Buckcherry played Crazy Bitch and I caught an elbow to the top of my spine in the pit??

BEST. ROCKFEST. EVER.

Buck Cherry had a mosh pit? LMAO

Pablo
05-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Buck Cherry had a mosh pit? LMAOGoddamn right they did.

Then they played that I love the cocaine, I love the cocaine song and I broke this dude's femur with a thunder kick.

Ok..ok..so I've never actually been to a Rockfest.

chasedude
05-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Goddamn right they did.

Then they played that I love the cocaine, I love the cocaine song and I broke this dude's femur with a thunder kick.

Ok..ok..so I've never actually been to a Rockfest.

I can see breaking something in a GWAR show, but Buck Cherry LMAO

Saul Good
05-20-2012, 12:41 PM
those are some fine shaped titties

What did you think of her unshaved pits?

Bearcat
05-20-2012, 12:58 PM

BEST. ROCKFEST. EVER.

Another reason I dislike 98.9...

Me: Ever heard of Buckcherry?
Everyone: :shrug:
Me: The one song 98.9 played 40 times a day for a while was Lit Up... "I love the cocaine..."
Everyone: Sounds kind of familiar...
Me: Crazy Bitch?
Everyone: Oh, yeah!
Me: :facepalm:

Bowser
05-20-2012, 01:01 PM

Me: The one song 98.9 played 40 times a day for a while was Lit Up... "I love the cocaine..."

"Up next, requested Candlebox....."

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Saul Good
05-20-2012, 01:20 PM

Ask anyone who doesn't listen to 98.9 who Jesse James Dupree is, and they won't have a clue.

Johnny treats him like he's some kind of rock god because they're buddies. In reality, he's a nobody who plays rock songs with a didgeridoo.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KlBL7u-aEpI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And he really broke ground with his "Just Like a Negro" song with the guy from Run DMC. It makes me wonder why Run DMC didn't do something similar with an actual relevant rock band 25 years ago...someone like Aerosmith.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ICZU42IhfZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Al Bundy
05-20-2012, 01:25 PM
They played that one Give me a hell.. give me a yeah song to death for a while as well.

Saul Good
05-20-2012, 01:33 PM
They played that one Give me a hell.. give me a yeah song to death for a while as well.

I actually like that song. That's another band they have on ALL the time, though.

notorious
05-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Puddle of Mudd lead singer, and REM lead singer take a load off at Rockfest 2012

Take a load off by taking a hit of Blue Sky?

Al Bundy
05-20-2012, 02:29 PM
I actually like that song. That's another band they have on ALL the time, though.

I didn't mind it the first 10 times... but after that. No it sucked.

Pablo
05-20-2012, 05:10 PM
98.9 presents the hottest new band:

Black Rev Anger Theory!!

With their newest jam "Yell Loud".

Chocolate Hog
05-20-2012, 05:35 PM
98.9 presents the hottest new band:

Black Rev Anger Theory!!

With their newest jam "Yell Loud".

**** yeah im going to chug some haams and cum on this chicks gunt while blaring this!