PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Berry wonders if a bounty was placed on him

-King-
03-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Eric Berry wonders if bounty led to his injury

Posted by Josh Alper on March 5, 2012, 3:27 PM EST

With the revelations about the bounty program in New Orleans and several NFL players saying that such things happen all around the NFL, there will likely be a second look taken at some injuries in the recent past.

That’s what Chiefs safety Eric Berry is doing with the torn ACL he suffered in the 2011 season opener against the Bills. Berry was blocked low by Stevie Johnson and missed the rest of the season. Berry took to Twitter, brought to our attention by Arrowhead Addict, with some thoughts about the injury on Monday.

“Sometimes I sit n wonder if they had a bounty out on me…oh well…who cares. Either way u can’t hold me down.”

There’s no reason to believe any kind of bounty was in effect during that game. In an interesting bit of timing, Johnson was on Jim Rome’s radio show on Monday and the subject of bounties came up. Johnson called them “stupid” and said that no one needs “to be doing that for a W.” In another interview with TSN Radio, Johnson said pretty much the same thing and he was adamant after the game that there was nothing intentional beyond trying to block Berry.

Injuries have always been part of the NFL, but there’s a good chance they’re going to be looked at a bit differently in light of the news about the Saints.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/05/eric-berry-wonders-if-bounty-led-to-his-injury/
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP
03-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Eric Berry @Stuntman1429
"@BFlowers24: Just walked in to train and evvvvvvverybody here @Stuntman1429 is in shape like a mofo wtf?" //been grindin Bruh!

Chiefnj2
03-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Offensive players placing a bounty on defenders? I guess Hines Ward is the only guy that could collect on a consistent basis.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Eric Berry @Stuntman1429
"@BFlowers24: Just walked in to train and evvvvvvverybody here @Stuntman1429 is in shape like a mofo wtf?" //been grindin Bruh!

He weighs about 210lbs now?

Eric Berry ‏ @Stuntman1429 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

EB is always very vague in his tweets. Just my guess as to what he could mean by 210.

Epic Fail 007
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
At the time I thought that to. It sure looked intentional.

Molitoth
03-05-2012, 01:53 PM
@Stuntman1429

Andy Studebaker? rofl . who is stuntman?

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Andy Studebaker? rofl . who is stuntman?

Just a nickname.

DA_T_84
03-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Stuntman1429=Berry

Flowers said Berry is in shape, Berry said he's been working hard.

Okie_Apparition
03-05-2012, 02:49 PM
The comments are not so kind

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/05/eric-berry-wonders-if-bounty-led-to-his-injury/

NJChiefsFan
03-05-2012, 02:51 PM
He weighs about 210lbs now?

EB is always very vague in his tweets. Just my guess as to what he could mean by 210.

He really is vague. Half his tweets seem to be for only him to understand, not even his friends. They come with 4 or 5 words and no context, responding to nobody.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
He really is vague. Half his tweets seem to be for only him to understand, not even his friends. They come with 4 or 5 words and no context, responding to nobody.

Yup. He does it on purpose. I was surprised with his tweet about bounties though. He made it pretty clear that time.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 03:05 PM
The comments are not so kind

Those people are a bunch of dumb fucking arrogant pieces of knownothing shit. I hate people that attempt to have football conversations yet don't know anything about the sport. I don't know anything about basketball. Therefore I don't talk about basketball like I do.

Comments like this: Eric, go watch your injury again. I didn’t see anybody even touch you. You are an excellent player but that’s like saying somebody had a bounty on the Wes Welker ACL+MCL tear, no one hit him!

Face it. Earl is the better safety. Use all the excuses you want, but you were picked way too high.

For a defensive player? Really, Berry?
Quit feeling sorry for yourself.

Yeah because an offensive player could NEVER attempt to purposefully injury a defensive player. Dumbfucks.

jd1020
03-05-2012, 03:07 PM
"Eric, go watch your injury again. I didn’t see anybody even touch you. You are an excellent player but that’s like saying somebody had a bounty on the Wes Welker ACL+MCL tear, no one hit him!"

WTF?

Is he confusing Berry with Charles?

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 03:09 PM
"Eric, go watch your injury again. I didn’t see anybody even touch you. You are an excellent player but that’s like saying somebody had a bounty on the Wes Welker ACL+MCL tear, no one hit him!"

WTF?

Is he confusing Berry with Charles?

No. AFTER Johnson hit Berry with the cut block, Eric had already had his ACL torn. But he went back into the game, and 1 or 2 plays later his leg collapsed again with no one around.

But obviously that dumbass didn't pay attention to the play that actually tore his ACL.

Chocolate Hog
03-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Stuntman1429=Berry

Flowers said Berry is in shape, Berry said he's been working hard.

"Dramn Bruh u iz swoll"

reschief
03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Here's my post in the Saints thread about bounty hunting from yesterday:

So, . . . is the bounty program exclusively for defensive players? Apparently, the Buffalo Bills are rumored to have had such a program. . . and my mind turns to the cheap shot (although perhaps legal) hit by WR Stevie Johnson on Eric Berry, with the end of Berry's season and acl damage that could effect his career. Why do I envision the Bill's defensive players telling Johnson after the game, "Great hit man! you get this weeks bounty of $50k. We should put you on the D! ?"

I took it a little further by thinking what the Bill's defensive players may have said to Johnson. . .

Setsuna
03-05-2012, 03:29 PM
You're good Berry, but you aren't that good.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Yeah he only beat Buffalo in 2010 with his game winning pick. They wouldn't want revenge.

SNR
03-05-2012, 03:54 PM
You're good Berry, but you aren't that good.Go suck Tebow's sausage

Setsuna
03-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah he only beat Buffalo in 2010 with his game winning pick. They wouldn't want revenge.

It's ****ing Buffalo dude. Come on.

Go suck Tebow's sausage
No you!

vailpass
03-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Brotha' please.

O.city
03-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Even if Berry wasn't targeted, that should be an illegal hit. It's not right now but it should be.

Cutting a guy in the open field like that from the side, it's bullshit IMO.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Even if Berry wasn't targeted, that should be an illegal hit. It's not right now but it should be.

Cutting a guy in the open field like that from the side, it's bullshit IMO.

I agree. Johnson was too much of a bitch to go block Berry like he was taught in pee wee.

O.city
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM
I agree. Johnson was too much of a bitch to go block Berry like he was taught in pee wee.

It's the way they teach blockin in the open field. It's a bullshit way to do it. It keeps wrs and little as rbs from getting blown up by Lbers and a safety. It's bullshit though.

I think it will likely be changing as the player safety things starts to evolve more and more.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
It's the way they teach blockin in the open field. It's a bullshit way to do it. It keeps wrs and little as rbs from getting blown up by Lbers and a safety. It's bullshit though.

I think it will likely be changing as the player safety things starts to evolve more and more.

I was still always taught to get my hands under his pads and use leverage. A block like that is all that was needed when the play wasn't even going in Eric's direction. The play still pisses me off. Probably always will. I don't forgive Johnson.

O.city
03-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I was still always taught to get my hands under his pads and use leverage. A block like that is all that was needed when the play wasn't even going in Eric's direction. The play still pisses me off. Probably always will. I don't forgive Johnson.

I know, me too.

But thats the way guys block in the open field, liek it or not.

It kinda pissed me off that no other Chiefs on the field had something to say to Johnson after the hit.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I know, me too.

But thats the way guys block in the open field, liek it or not.

It kinda pissed me off that no other Chiefs on the field had something to say to Johnson after the hit.

Exactly why cut blocks leading with the helmet should be illegal. You can't even touch a QB below the waist, yet this is ok? Doesn't add up right. Although I'm sure it adds up fine in the NFL's pocket.

O.city
03-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Johnson gets a fine and Berry misses the whole year with a ripped up knee. It's shit.

I'd think Johnson might want to be a little leary about heading over the middle next season. If he goes for Berry's knee again in a similar situation there might be a fight.

Baconeater
03-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I wonder if that Lions mascot had a bounty on Charles.

O.city
03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
After Johnson just caused me to have to go thru all this, if I were Berry, I'd be willing to take a financial hit to lay a hit on Johnson.

Just me of course.

xztop12
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Didn't he injure Berry a play or 2 before he tore his ACL? like he went for his legs twice in a series if i remember correctly

vailpass
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I wonder if that Lions mascot had a bounty on Charles.

LMAO

KCrockaholic
03-05-2012, 04:31 PM
After Johnson just caused me to have to go thru all this, if I were Berry, I'd be willing to take a financial hit to lay a hit on Johnson.

Just me of course.

It should be interesting to see what happens with that. I wouldn't feel bad if Johnson had a serious injury next year. I was actually hoping for it the entire season. I don't typically think like that, but Berry matters too much to me. He's my favorite player in the league. Was my favorite throughout NCAA.

O.city
03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
I'd definitely be head hunting a little.

ghak99
03-05-2012, 06:22 PM

Just me of course.

They'd cart his limp ass off the field the first time he came over the middle.

...and I'd donate the bounty to the charity of his choice.

O.city
03-05-2012, 06:26 PM
They'd cart his limp ass off the field the first time he came over the middle.

...and I'd donate the bounty to the charity of his choice.

I was about to ask.

Does anyone want to add to the bounty for Williams?

kysirsoze
03-05-2012, 06:27 PM

You are seriously making a play for douche of the year with your posting recently.

DBOSHO
03-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Lol @ earl thomas being better.

Setsuna
03-05-2012, 07:39 PM
You are seriously making a play for douche of the year with your posting recently.

Am I? Well honestly I was kind of pissed I wasn't even on the list last year. I thought I was a rising star and was disappointed. Maybe this is my year. :hmmm:

Simplicity
03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Am I? Well honestly I was kind of pissed I wasn't even on the list last year. I thought I was a rising star and was disappointed. Maybe this is my year. :hmmm:

You got my vote. :thumb:

Bump
03-05-2012, 07:59 PM

to hell he ain't. He was gonna be a beast last year, we probably would have won 4 or 5 more games if Stevie Johnson didn't take out his ACL. Eric Berry most certainly is that good, it took Romeo 3 games to figure out what to do post Eric Berry, remember the defense going to complete shit immediately afterwards?

Demonpenz
03-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Eric Berry is good but he is hurt all the time.

Mike in SW-MO
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Let's not forget that Williams ran the same program in his time at Buffalo.

Crap like this gets institutionalized in an organization and can be very hard to get rid of.

It really makes me wonder, too.

KcMizzou
03-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Eric Berry is good but he is hurt all the time.Just stop it.

No 'Penzing!

Setsuna
03-06-2012, 08:50 AM
You got my vote. :thumb:
;)

to hell he ain't. He was gonna be a beast last year, we probably would have won 4 or 5 more games if Stevie Johnson didn't take out his ACL. Eric Berry most certainly is that good, it took Romeo 3 games to figure out what to do post Eric Berry, remember the defense going to complete shit immediately afterwards?
Hmmm well yes I remember seeing that awful display on defense. But hey how can a seasoned DC not be able to adjust in 3 weeks, and is now your HC? That's reassuring. Berry is very good, but can a single safety, not named Ed Reed affect a whole game?