PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lets face facts

Fat Elvis
03-05-2012, 11:10 PM
We are not getting Manning. We are not getting RG3. We are getting Matt Cassel and a RT in the draft.

That is our lot in life. Learn to accept it.

Go Chi...ah, nevermind. Once reality sets in, I just can't care anymore.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Royals fans > Chiefs fans

Guru
03-05-2012, 11:14 PM
I spend each year hoping the Chiefs wise up and get a top tier QB. I spend each year in disappointment. BUT, I have to hold out that they will eventually wise up.

I know the odds are against it but.....

bricks
Peyton Manning

kysirsoze
Glad I opened this thread.

O.city
Really, with where we are sitting in the draft and with what we need, trading up makes alot of sense.

tredadda
03-05-2012, 11:15 PM
We are not getting Manning. We are not getting RG3. We are getting Matt Cassel and a RT in the draft.

As long as our RT competes with Cassel for the starting QB job than Pioli won't be lying. But I won't pronounce our QB season hopeless until training camp starts and we brought in no one of note.

tmw4h5
03-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Can we give Hosmer a shot at QB?

Give Dayton a shot as a GM in the NFL?

trndobrd

No. No. No. I am not going to accept this. You can keep your crappy reality. I am going to have hope in the off season. August will be soon enough to let the reality of another season of Cassel set in.

For now, I am going going to go add 'anus' to some more movie titles.

Dr. Facebook Fever
Really, with where we are sitting in the draft and with what we need, trading up makes alot of sense.

Yes but the OP and many others don't believe it can or will happen because they're conditioned this way. Hence my post #2

Fat Elvis
03-05-2012, 11:20 PM
No. No. No. I am not going to accept this. You can keep your crappy reality. I am going to have hope in the off season. August will be soon enough to let the reality of another season of Cassel set in.

For now, I am going going to go add 'anus' to some more movie titles.

We need to add "anus" whenever Pioli, Clark Hunt, or Matt Cassel is mentioned.

lewdog
03-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Finally a fucking thread on Chiefs Planet that makes sense....probably the first one in months!

I totally agree.

O.city
03-05-2012, 11:22 PM
This place is gonna erupt when it's found out that we have traded up to get RGIII.

BryanBusby
03-05-2012, 11:25 PM
This place is gonna erupt when it's found out that we have traded up to get RGIII.

but actually select Trent Richardson.

It'd be our luck

Fat Elvis
03-05-2012, 11:25 PM

Take your spirit crushing glimmers of hope and root for your local high school football team.

O.city
03-05-2012, 11:26 PM
but actually select Trent Richardson.

It'd be our luck

I'd probably lose all fandom.

kysirsoze
03-05-2012, 11:26 PM

I think this place will be empty while everyone goes on a 3 day fapping binge.

RustShack
03-05-2012, 11:27 PM
If the Colts release Manning, hes a Chief.

O.city
Take your spirit crushing glimmers of hope and root for your local high school football team.

It's a time of hope man.

O.city
Hell I want the Chiefs to make one of these two moves solely to see what the CP reaction would be.

SPATCH
03-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Sporting Kansas City has a front office who cares about the product they put on the field and has assembled a legitimate contender... ya know, if you guys want to chill with Zach, Penz, and I in the MLS thread.

lewdog
03-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Hell I want the Chiefs to make one of these two moves solely to see what the CP reaction would be.

How about solely to win some games!!??

rico
03-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't know if there are an abundance of other people doing this, but the group of Chief fans that I have gone to games with are not going next year IF our starting QB is Matt Cassel. There probably are others taking this approach as well, I just hope it is enough to put a hole in Clark's pocket and I hope their primary reason for not attending is ol' Noodle-arm Casserole.

O.city
03-05-2012, 11:30 PM
How about solely to win some games!!??

Well obviously.

This place has the biggest knee jerk reactions that its great to watch when shit goes down.

lewdog
03-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Well obviously.

This place has the biggest knee jerk reactions that its great to watch when shit goes down.

Well it is nice that shit seems to go down every year with this team. :facepalm:

BIG K
03-05-2012, 11:33 PM

This statement is what we as Chiefs fans have been used to. Not this time though, something is different; Not sure what but, it will be different this time around...

lewdog
03-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Well I am staying optimistic for once. Way too much being said about the QB position for something not to happen. Seems like a smoke screen for something big.

Hey, I can dream!

O.city
03-05-2012, 11:38 PM
I think the Chiefs do something big this offseason at qb. Really big.

lewdog
03-05-2012, 11:40 PM
I think the Chiefs do something big this offseason at qb. Really big.

Too me there is too much being said for them not to bring in some serious competition for Cassel. However, if they do nothing I would not be shocked.

Demonpenz
03-05-2012, 11:41 PM
This team is loaded, There is too much talent not to get excited come spring training.

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2012, 11:41 PM
I don't know if there are an abundance of other people doing this, but the group of Chief fans that I have gone to games with are not going next year IF our starting QB is Matt Cassel. There probably are others taking this approach as well, I just hope it is enough to put a hole in Clark's pocket and I hope their primary reason for not attending is ol' Noodle-arm Casserole.

The Front Office has no knowledge of this fact, furthermore I don't think they really care.

O.city
03-05-2012, 11:42 PM
I would actually be pretty shocked if Cassel stands alone as the starter next year.

Too much has gone down about the qb spot from Romeo and others.

I know it doesn't seem like they have the picks to do it, but for some reason I think they have really fallen for RGIII. Probably can't get him but we will see what happens.

Chiefs=Good
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Imagine if we sign manning, trade up for RGIII and cut Casshole, all in a few days.

Guru
03-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Imagine if we sign manning, trade up for RGIII and cut Casshole, all in a few days.

slow down there slick. One thing at a time.

O.city
03-05-2012, 11:44 PM
There are some wheels turning with the front office over the qb spot for sure. Which is a good thing.

O.city
03-05-2012, 11:45 PM
IMO, if we are trading up for RGIII, want nothing to do with Manning. Use that money to fill some holes that we won't be able to fill from the draft.

Chiefs=Good
03-05-2012, 11:46 PM
slow down there slick. One thing at a time.

At least 99% of chiefsplanet would become true fans.

Chiefs=Good
03-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Watch us sign Manning, trade up for RGIII and keep Matt. Then Manning will get injured, RGIII wont be ready, and we end up starting number 7...

Psyko Tek
03-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Well obviously.

the shit that goes down around here
seems to be the kind that follows a night at a mexican restaurant, while you are wearein light colored pants

BIG K
03-05-2012, 11:48 PM
There are some wheels turning with the front office over the qb spot for sure. Which is a good thing.

My point exactly! Something is up........

Chocolate Hog
03-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Royals fans > Chiefs fans

If the MLB had the same kind of blackout rules as the NFL we'd never get to see Royals games.

Count Alex's Losses
03-06-2012, 12:11 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/rvhi11.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/33wsk1v.jpg

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
If the Colts release Manning, hes a Redskin.

FYP

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Sporting Kansas City has a front office who cares about the product they put on the field and has assembled a legitimate contender... ya know, if you guys want to chill with Zach, Penz, and I in the MLS thread.

The problem is that it's zoccer.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-06-2012, 12:24 AM
If the MLB had the same kind of blackout rules as the NFL we'd never get to see Royals games.

You're right on that... but a million miles away from my point.

Chiefshrink
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM

Damn you FE !!! Reality sucks!!!!! Thanks though for pulling me out of the Peyton/RG III wet dream coma of denial that many here are still refusing to wake up from.:D

Baconeater
03-06-2012, 12:51 AM
The problem is that it's zoccer.
And it zucks.

Chiefshrink
03-06-2012, 12:56 AM
And it zucks.

No sh** !!!:rolleyes: I will give them this though, they can run their asses off!!!

BigChiefFan
03-06-2012, 01:05 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/rvhi11.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/33wsk1v.jpg

:D

Hey, it's only 19 friggin' years since a playoff win. What's the rush?

Guru
03-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Watch us sign Manning, trade up for RGIII and keep Matt. Then Manning will get injured, RGIII wont be ready, and we end up starting number 7...

Now THAT WOULD be just our luck.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-06-2012, 01:23 AM
And it zucks.

zhis

NJChiefsFan
03-06-2012, 02:04 AM
IMO, if we are trading up for RGIII, want nothing to do with Manning. Use that money to fill some holes that we won't be able to fill from the draft.

Its not going to be both. I don't think Manning will be going to a team thats going to have somebody hot on his heals. KC makes sense in that while Stanzi may turn out it wouldn't be something that pressures Manning.

Either way the decision on Manning is going to come way before the draft.

WhiteWhale
03-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Yeah, this was a topic worth starting.

KC has been dropping feelers all over the QB's. That's not a smokescreen. You don't use a limited number of scouting interviews to 'trick' anyone.

The team is showing legitimate interest in other QB's. I don't know what we'll end up doing, but I'm pretty convinced right now that Cassel's free ride is over. Even if he's the QB next year he's not going to have that slack filled leash. The guy has one more year AT BEST, and that's only if the team can't put anything else together they're comfortable with.

Cassel's time in KC is numbered.

Otter
03-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Clark did a pretty good job when he took over. I still have some hope. Just please Chiefs...at least fucking try at QB.

blurros
03-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Screw you, banana.

KCUnited
03-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Guys its going to be like xmas morning round here come FA.

Easy 6
03-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Guys its going to be like xmas morning round here come FA.

I really, really want to believe you.

BoneKrusher
03-06-2012, 07:24 AM
As long as our RT competes with Cassel for the starting QB job .

my money would be on the RT

bevischief
03-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Finally a ****ing thread on Chiefs Planet that makes sense....probably the first one in months!

I totally agree.

yes i agree.

TheGuardian
03-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Yeah I have this sinking feeling that most of this is a smokescreen to make the fans think the FO was REALLY after QB competition. Or even to make Cassel think so.

either way, in the end I doubt we sign Manning or draft a QB. I don't think it's because the FO is cheap or because they don't want to win (that's dumb, it really is), I think it's because they really think they can win with Cassel, and Pioli doesn't want to admit it was a mistake to trade for him.

It's a pride thing.

Not a money or "not wanting to win" thing. I don't think there is any ground to stand on for those opinions. I just think it's an ego thing with Pioli, that he can't admit trading for Cassel was a mistake and he needs to make changes to fix it.

bevischief
03-06-2012, 07:32 AM

I did that last season and watched the college win the division title. Let's go Bison

jspchief
03-06-2012, 07:51 AM
What will actually happen is we'll trade Bowe to the Jets for Sanchez.

whoman69
03-06-2012, 07:56 AM

RG3 would probably hold out since he doesn't want to put his career on hold for 3-4 years.

whoman69
03-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I would actually be pretty shocked if Cassel stands alone as the starter next year.

Too much has gone down about the qb spot from Romeo and others.

I know it doesn't seem like they have the picks to do it, but for some reason I think they have really fallen for RGIII. Probably can't get him but we will see what happens.

Its Henne then. As good as a lie in my book.

Chief Roundup
03-06-2012, 08:04 AM
I think it's because they really think they can win with Cassel, and Pioli doesn't want to admit it was a mistake to trade for him.

It's a pride thing.

Not a money or "not wanting to win" thing. I don't think there is any ground to stand on for those opinions. I just think it's an ego thing with Pioli, that he can't admit trading for Cassel was a mistake and he needs to make changes to fix it.

I think that WAS true. I think that changed when they fired Haley. The looks on Pioli's face during that press conference makes me believe that Clark put him on notice.
One of the things Clark has mentioned that he wanted was a QB that we draft and develop. There have been a lot of talk about the QB position, whether that is Romeo or Pioli distancing themselves from the stigma of being attached to Cassel or legitimate interest in moving another direction.
I think Pioli wants to keep his job. He is getting toward the end of his contract with the Chiefs.

Chief Roundup
03-06-2012, 08:06 AM
RG3 would probably hold out since he doesn't want to put his career on hold for 3-4 years.

RG3 said that it would be an honor to hold the clipboard for Peyton Manning.
Don't get me wrong it won't happen. But he did say all the right things.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Meh...

...I've had the mind-set that we will land Orton, at best.

Sofa King
03-06-2012, 08:12 AM

Bullshit.

We ARE getting Manning.

Molitoth
03-06-2012, 08:16 AM
I think we will get Manning, and I can't wait until this weekend!!!!

Mr_Tomahawk
03-06-2012, 08:21 AM
I think we will get Manning, and I can't wait until this weekend!!!!

If "it" goes into this weekend...I would think they are restructuring a new deal to keep him on the team....

MOhillbilly
03-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Face the facts! It's the blind leading the blind and there ain't no turning back.

Dayze
03-06-2012, 08:44 AM
when does FA start? I forget...I thought the 13th. probably wrong though

Molitoth
03-06-2012, 08:51 AM
If "it" goes into this weekend...I would think they are restructuring a new deal to keep him on the team....

Manning will be cut on Thursday.... but I don't think he will sign with another team for a little bit. I'm sure he is going to want to interview at certain places and test the waters.

Infact this weekend may be too soon, I'm guessing he may be a free agent for a couple weeks.

Fat Elvis
03-06-2012, 08:52 AM
All the other teams that need a QB are gonna get nice shiny presents this year and we are gonna get a bag of smelly socks.

There are only three QBs that I would want: Peyton Manning--who doesn't want us, apparently; RG3--my real preference, but Pioli won't give up the picks needed to get him; Drew Brees--yeah, he's pissed at the Saints, but he's gonna wind up signing a long term contract with them.

Anything else is a freakin' bag of smelly socks. A big freakin' bag of socks who can't throw a baseball cap to himself.

Sofa King
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Hopefully they cut him thursday and we bring him in Friday and he stays all weekend.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Close
According to NFL, no weekend day factors into a bonus now. Thus, latest Colts could release Manning and avoid $28m hit is 4pm Friday

dedicatedfan
03-06-2012, 09:17 AM
At least 99% of chiefsplanet would become true fans.

Most of us are true fans or we wouldn't be on here. Sometimes it is frustrating but, you don't continue to be a fan after the years we have experienced and not be true.

SPATCH
03-06-2012, 09:17 AM
All the other teams that need a QB are gonna get nice shiny presents this year and we are gonna get a bag of smelly socks.

There are only three QBs that I would want: Peyton Manning--who doesn't want us, apparently; RG3--my real preference, but Pioli won't give up the picks needed to get him; Drew Brees--yeah, he's pissed at the Saints, but he's gonna wind up signing a long term contract with them.

Anything else is a freakin' bag of smelly socks. A big freakin' bag of socks who can't throw a baseball cap to himself.

Expand on this, please.

mlyonsd
03-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Hopefully they cut him thursday and we bring him in Friday and he stays all weekend.And have a realtor meet him at the airport.

BoneKrusher
03-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Close
According to NFL, no weekend day factors into a bonus now. Thus, latest Colts could release Manning and avoid $28m hit is 4pm Friday

Friday cant get here soon enough for me.

SPATCH
03-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Most of us are true fans or we wouldn't be on here. Sometimes it is frustrating but, you don't continue to be a fan after the years we have experienced and not be true.

n00bs... amarite?

Chiefs=Good
03-06-2012, 09:28 AM

LMAO

stonedstooge
03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I can see the Pioli remarks now:

On Manning after he signs with the Redskins-"The Chiefs were competitive in bidding for Manning right until the end. Peyton just decided to chose Washington over Kansas City"
Reality- Manning signs for $11 million a year plus $2 million in incentives. Chiefs offer league minimum for veterns plus $500,000 in incentives.
On RGIII after he is drafted by the Browns-"The Chiefs were compeitive with our offer to St. Louis for the rights to sign RGIII but the Rams chose to go with Clevelands offer". Reality- Cleveland gets RGIII for this years 1st and 2nd and 2013 1st. Chiefs offer this years 1st and 4th

Fat Elvis
03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Expand on this, please.

Haven't you seen the reports that he wants to play for Miami?

Chief Roundup
03-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Haven't you seen the reports that he wants to play for Miami?

No I have not. I have seen the billboard that a fan rented and put manning to miami on it.

bricks
03-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I can see the Pioli remarks now:

On Manning after he signs with the Redskins-"The Chiefs were competitive in bidding for Manning right until the end. Peyton just decided to chose Washington over Kansas City"
Reality- Manning signs for $11 million a year plus $2 million in incentives. Chiefs offer league minimum for veterns plus $500,000 in incentives.
On RGIII after he is drafted by the Browns-"The Chiefs were compeitive with our offer to St. Louis for the rights to sign RGIII but the Rams chose to go with Clevelands offer". Reality- Cleveland gets RGIII for this years 1st and 2nd and 2013 1st. Chiefs offer this years 1st and 4th

Not happening.

Peyton Manning will not go to Washington.

First off, Washington was the team that injured him. So **** them right there. And, I really don't think he would want to play in the same division as his bro.

And Washington is a dysfunctional organization led by Dan Snyder. No doubt they have the cap space and can fork out the dough, but I just can't see Peyton playing there. I take Donovan McNabb's words as gospel.

Okie_Apparition
03-06-2012, 11:26 AM
When you consider Pioli & Crennel's QB decisions
Then lump them into one pile
It's for the best

qabbaan
03-06-2012, 11:27 AM
We are not going to get him. We may as well not get our hearts set on it. We are going to see two more years of Cassel.

tooge
03-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Clark did a pretty good job when he took over. I still have some hope. Just please Chiefs...at least ****ing try at QB.

This. I'm as critical of the Clarks as anyone. However, he did bring in what was touted as the best GM hire out there, then they did bring in what was touted as the best D coordinator and Offensive coordinator out there. So the Haley thing didn't work, and the Cassel thing looked like it worked for one fluke year. I'm guessing they do something big as well.

Thig Lyfe
03-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Ultra Peanut
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rzLrQl.jpg

Detoxing
03-06-2012, 12:28 PM

Well that's fucking creepy.

Fat Elvis
03-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Franchising Bowe was a waste of time. Charles or Colquitt have a better arm than Cassel.

BryanBusby
03-06-2012, 02:04 PM

go on....

Guru
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM

God knows we don't have any bandwagon fans.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-06-2012, 04:38 PM
I refuse to have that kind of chicken shit mind set. Sorry.

Fat Elvis
03-06-2012, 07:47 PM
I refuse to have that kind of chicken shit mind set. Sorry.

Reality vs Fantasyland. Which one is chickenshit?

Mr. Laz
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM

pussy

Fat Elvis
03-06-2012, 08:10 PM
pussy

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/615/299/92403046_display_image.jpg

O.city
03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm excited to see what happens.

Some people need to start laying it on the line.

Like "If the Chiefs trade up and grab RGIII, I'll leave forever or for a year or something"

Fat Elvis
03-06-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm excited to see what happens.

Some people need to start laying it on the line.

Like "If the Chiefs trade up and grab RGIII, I'll leave forever or for a year or something"

If the Chiefs trade up and grab RGIII, I won't miss a Chiefs game. I'd rather have RGIII than Manning to be honest. That kid is pure excitement. I haven't wanted a player more than RGIII in the past 38 years ( I was about 8 when I started following the Chiefs). I've never seen anyone with his combination of arm strength, accuracy, speed, and SMARTS. I think he can redefine the QB position with that lethal combination.

O.city
03-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Well I've already got the ok from the wife, if the Chiefs draft RGIII I'm gonna pick up some season tickets.

If they start Cassel next year, I'm leaving CP.

DeezNutz
03-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Well I've already got the ok from the wife, if the Chiefs draft RGIII I'm gonna pick up some season tickets.

Has the wife approved this? Better check.

Fat Elvis
03-06-2012, 08:45 PM

I won't be leaving CP, but the Chiefs won't see one red nickle from me ever again. I think Cassel is a good guy, but he is a bad QB.

O.city
03-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Has the wife approved this? Better check.

Actually, she's been levying for that for a while.

Tribal Warfare
03-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I won't be leaving CP, but the Chiefs won't see one red nickle from me ever again. I think Cassel is a good guy, but he is a bad QB.

damn where do you keep your nickles?

Tribal Warfare
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM
God knows we don't have any bandwagon fans.

Yet, if KC signs Manning or by Tebow's golden butthole we trade up and pick RG3 that could change in an instant.

Omaha
03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Peyton Manning

You make an excellent point.

Discuss Thrower
03-06-2012, 09:13 PM
I think Manning's reasons for signing in KC would be
1) Money
2) a terrible division in what might be the weaker conference
3) probably the best defense he's had a chance to be on in a while
4) relative closeness to Indy where I'd imagine he's homestead'ed; correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Otherwise I doubt factors like a hit or miss but talented receiver, a perennially broken tight end, shifty-speedy running back coming back from shredding his ACL, and an offensive line in desperate need of upgrades at 2-3 positions are really going to convince him to come..

KS Smitty
03-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I would be tickled to face Fax. He seems to be a most interesting poster. Maybe he'll make it to a Bash.

Easy 6
03-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Sure, how about lets not face facts.

I'm quite simply not hearing that right now, too busy dreaming of glorious victory.

Fat Elvis
03-09-2012, 11:14 PM
One down, one to go.

ChiefFripp
03-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Cry some more. You know what's better than beating The Broncos? Beating The Broncos when they have Peyton and we have Matt Cassel! I'm on the Matt is going to have his breakout season bandwagon....it presents a much lower altitude to fall from.

DTLB58
03-09-2012, 11:24 PM

What? Pioli is gonna take a OL in the 1st rd? I don't believe it :shake:

DTLB58
03-09-2012, 11:36 PM

Well, bye :D

Fat Elvis
03-09-2012, 11:37 PM
We even suck at screwing up. We win meaningless (in regards to playoffs) games we should of lost by flukes (Rivers fumble and Palkos hail mary, for example among others) and that, for all intents and purposes, scoots us out of contention for a decent QBOTF.

FAX
03-09-2012, 11:42 PM
I would be tickled to face Fax. ... Maybe he'll make it to a Bash.

You know, I almost went a couple of years ago, but I chickened out. Honestly, I fear that I might be thrown into a bonfire.

FAX

KCChiefsFan88
03-10-2012, 12:53 AM
In typical Chiefs fashion, in an offseason where the likes of Manning and RGIII can be had, the Chiefs will likely end up with Jason Campbell or Chad Henne.

But Clark will save millions so all is well at One Arrowhead Drive.

crazycoffey
03-10-2012, 12:59 AM
We're trading Matt and Dwayne to Hailey / Pit for their 1st and third this year. then we'll have room for manning and reggie.

RubberSponge
03-10-2012, 05:49 AM

I absolutely agree, Fat Elvis. I gave up with the optimistic fandom years ago with this team. I hate to say it but, being a Chiefs fan is like having a boat anchor for your sports enjoyment. It has it usefulness on occassion, but more times than not it is just weighing you down.

Fritz88
03-10-2012, 05:53 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/615/299/92403046_display_image.jpg

No Manning or at least no serious effort in getting him = the above person is a cuntful fag.

I can't take it anymore.

Lightrise
03-10-2012, 07:14 AM
I agree, accept the disappointment. However, as nice as it would have been to have either Manning or RGIII, I believe that our new OC was a terrible hire and ultimately would have led Manning elsewhere on this issue alone. As for RGIII, it took to much and there is never a guarantee so its best to allow for capacity to win in multiple ways. We are definitely close and this draft can still complete the puzzle with plenty of money to beef things up in FA too. I say, draft Weeden, that kid is mature, extremely accurate and I think we can compete in the division THIS year with the guy. If we lose 15, like Aikman and Manning did, then next year we get our guy. We may even be able to trade down a little and STILL get Weeden, and we won't break the bank.

What else can we do...besides begging Orton? Just do anything to dump Cassel.

crazycoffey
03-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Wasn't there a lot of this same talk two drafts ago?

"We'll never draft a safety that high, no one does that, it's not something pioli will do, we'll be stuck with an OL or another fucking D-lineman that will fail. It is our lot in life."

It just makes me laugh sometimes how some will go out of their way to be negative first, or be unoriginal in your trolling....

Nightfyre
03-10-2012, 02:13 PM
I will say this: If Matt Cassel or some other retread (other than manning) is our starting QB next year, I will actively root against the Chiefs. I couldn't muster the control to do it this year, but I will find a way next year. It will be my duty as a fan.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-10-2012, 02:16 PM
FACTS:

1. none of the twitterbums or idiotic media types know jack.
2. Manning will not sign until he is done visiting teams.
3. With every report from some dudes garage, fans will be contemplating calling the suicide hotline.
4. Patience is a virtue. :)

SPATCH
03-10-2012, 02:20 PM
I will say this: If Matt Cassel or some other retread (other than manning) is our starting QB next year, I will actively root against the Chiefs. I couldn't muster the control to do it this year, but I will find a way next year. It will be my duty as a fan.

yeah alright cool, bro.

suds79
03-10-2012, 02:23 PM
FACTS:

1. none of the twitterbums or idiotic media types know jack.
2. Manning will not sign until he is done visiting teams.
3. With every report from some dudes garage, fans will be contemplating calling the suicide hotline.
4. Patience is a virtue. :)

FACT:

There are organizations in the NFL who are winners, care & know how to win. (NY, NE, GB, Pitt)

And there are losers. Teams that will never amount to anything. ie - Chiefs for the last 40+ years. That's where we are.

Mojo Jojo
03-10-2012, 02:24 PM
We even suck at screwing up. We win meaningless (in regards to playoffs) games we should of lost by flukes (Rivers fumble and Palkos hail mary, for example among others) and that, for all intents and purposes, scoots us out of contention for a decent QBOTF.

Welcome to the Chiefs of the mid 70's to mid 80's. Win two...High hopes...lose 11...good draft pick...win last three end up with mid pick and reach or just make a bad pick.

Mojo Jojo
03-10-2012, 02:29 PM
FACT:

There are organizations in the NFL who are winners, care & know how to win. (NY, NE, GB, Pitt)

And there are losers. Teams that will never amount to anything. ie - Chiefs for the last 40+ years. That's where we are.

Let's look at that...for years the Packers were as bad or worse than the Chiefs...The Pats were the worst team in the NFL early 90's...Pittsburgh had several bad years until The Chin took over, and the Giants were really bad until Parcells.

suds79
03-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Let's look at that...for years the Packers were as bad or worse than the Chiefs...The Pats were the worst team in the NFL early 90's...Pittsburgh had several bad years until The Chin took over, and the Giants were really bad until Parcells.

Seriously? Yes they've all had bad stretches. So have we. The difference is that they win championships from time to time.

The Chiefs? They don't matter much and it's getting harder and harder to stomach.