PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I kinda hope we don't. Blasphemy, I know.

Chris Meck
03-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I think he can still play at a high level for a couple of years...but I'm not sure it's worth it.

I'll support it if it happens, but I'm uneasy about it.

First of all, this never works. Didn't work with Montana, Namath, Moon, Favre, etc. The aging warrior changing teams can make for a fun season (or not) but they never seem to take 'em to the SB. The only one I can think of in modern times is Kurt Warner, and he was literally on the scrap heap for a couple of years first.

I don't like tailoring an entire offense around ONE GUY who won't be here in three or four years. I don't like that it means we're starting over in 2014 or 15.

It'd be one thing if we were bringing in a quality QB to run our system, but we're going to scrap everything and run HIS system. Which will be scrapped in a couple of years also.

I'd rather try to trade up or sign an Orton and draft a Tannehill to try and build our own.

Dante84
03-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Take your stupid guitar and get the fuck out

Okie_Apparition
pssst......no more cassel

Scorp
You shut you whore mouth!

-King-
03-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Im just trying to figure out why you put Namath in with those other QBs you mentioned.
Posted via Mobile Device

burt
Worked for Warner.

Bump
get the fuck outta here dude

DMAC
03-08-2012, 01:41 PM
It's either cassel or him.

lcarus
It worked with Montana. Well sort of worked. We were instant Super Bowl contenders, and Joe got us closer than we've been in the 40 years since we won the damn thing. Just because we came up just short with Joe doesn't mean it was a failure. Not at all.

In58men
Peyton Manning

Ultra Peanut
I hate Peyton Manning and I hate his alma mater. I've spent literally half of my life defining myself as a Manning hater. It's a fundamental part of my identity.

FUCK YOUR NOISE, GIVE US MANNING.

stonedstooge
03-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Rather see the money go in Peytons pocket than Clarks

Extra Point
03-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Johnny Unitas would approve this thread. Playing for the Chargers was an insult to his career. He just couldn't afford to retire.

FAX

This is the crux upon which the entire matter likely turns, unfortunately.

Good, possibly great or abject suck.

I think even I could make that decision.

FAX

The Dawg
**** you

Molitoth
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
It'd be one thing if we were bringing in a quality QB to run our system, but we're going to scrap everything and run HIS system

Scrap Dabols system that he has in place?
Scrap the GREAT system we have of using the checkdown on ever pass attempt?
Scrap the draw play on 3rd and 15?
Scrap the lack of audibles?
Scrap 3 and out?

You mean this offense that we run isn't worth scrapping?

Rasputin
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
That's my thoughts as well. I wouldn't be butt hurt if we got him, but I wouldn't be all ectatic either. More moot than anything. I so much rather pull the strings to get RGIII or even give Stanzi a shot at it. We can have a good look at next years QB class if we need too. Mostly I believe in drafting our own to reach Super Bowl glory.

philfree
03-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I don't think acquiring Manning changes the direction of our team building. We're in line to upgrade our O line and we're in line to finish off our D with an interior d lineman. Those things aren't going to change if we get Manning.

mnchiefsguy
03-08-2012, 01:45 PM
If getting Manning were to cause the team to lose draft picks, I would be more on the fence about it. However, getting Manning is only really going to cost Clark Hunt money. Pioli can structure the contract so it won't put the team in cap hell, so at the end of the day I am on board with Clark having one less jumbo jet so the team can have an elite qb.

BigChiefFan
03-08-2012, 01:46 PM

Exactly. It's a no-brainer. We know he isn't a long term fix, but at least he's an upgrade to the position, that has the potential to make a SB run. I'll take that over the crap we trotted out there for the past five years.

KChiefer
Take your stupid guitar and get the **** out

<object width="450" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9771"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9771" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="300" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Scorp
**** you

That seems a little ****ing uncalled for.

KCDC
I'd rather try to trade up or sign an Orton and draft a Tannehill to try and build our own.

We grieving fans have suffered too long through too many builds and rebuilds. Many of us are running out of patience.

Montana took us to the AFC Championship and almost to the promised land. It was the most fun we Chiefs fans had in decades. The Chiefs were fun to watch, got the respect they deserved, and we could hold our heads high. Isn't that what fans really want (short of a SB win of course)? Even if it would have set us back a few years afterward (which it didn't), it was very much worth it.

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Since we have no QB. And no way to draft either of the top 2, signing Manning is the right move.
This team is ready to win now.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2012, 01:49 PM
We grieving fans have suffered too long through too many builds and rebuilds. Many of us are running out of patience.

Montana took us to the AFC Championship and almost to the promised land. It was the most fun we Chiefs fans had in decades. The Chiefs were fun to watch, got the respect they deserved, and we could hold our heads high. Isn't that what fans really want (short of a SB win of course)? Even if it would have set us back a few years afterward (which it didn't), it was very much worth it.

Montana is the problem. KC sniffed the Super Bowl pussy with Montana, and now after 20 years of blue balls the fans are desperate. The real answer isn't calling in some aged call girl with a nerve problem. They need to find the sexy young thing to the groom and bang for the next 12 years.

FAX
03-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Scrap Dabols system that he has in place?
Scrap the GREAT system we have of using the checkdown on ever pass attempt?
Scrap the draw play on 3rd and 15?
Scrap the lack of audibles?
Scrap 3 and out?

You mean this offense that we run isn't worth scrapping?

ROFL

But we have audibles. They're the audibles from New England's 2008 offense, but we've got 'em.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
That's my thoughts as well. I wouldn't be butt hurt if we got him, but I wouldn't be all ectatic either. More moot than anything. I so much rather pull the strings to get RGIII or even give Stanzi a shot at it. We can have a good look at next years QB class if we need too. Mostly I believe in drafting our own to reach Super Bowl glory.

:facepalm:

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Montana is the problem. KC sniffed the Super Bowl pussy with Montana, and now after 20 years of blue balls the fans are desperate. The real answer isn't calling in some aged call girl with a nerve problem. They need to find the sexy young thing to the groom and bang for the next 12 years.Creepy. Also dumb.

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Too bad Peyton can't run up Oakland's penalities for a new high of jumping offsides

RIP Al Davis

Gonzo
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't really want to go this direction either but you have to look at the options here.

If we don't take Manning, we'll sign Orton (or similar) and/or keep Cassel.

This franchise will not draft a legit QB, ever. They won't trade up to get RGIII, either.
It's our best/only option as far as I can see. If they get Manning, I'll be happy and hopeful. The Chiefs will be instant contenders with him if he stays healthy.

It's history repeating itself, basically. Let's hope the end of the story is a happier one.

Bowser
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Nobody should have any problem with Manning coming in, provided he's healthy and ready to go, of course. The one thing the Chiefs need to be sure to do is not give up on drafting a legit QB prospect this year or next.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Montana is the problem. KC sniffed the Super Bowl pussy with Montana, and now after 20 years of blue balls the fans are desperate. The real answer isn't calling in some aged call girl with a nerve problem. They need to find the sexy young thing to the groom and bang for the next 12 years.

ROFL The fuck?

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2012, 01:59 PM

LMAO

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure Pioli or Crennel can groom a QBotF
They couldn't get Stanzi ready to play a single game

suds79
03-08-2012, 02:00 PM
First of all, this never works. Didn't work with Montana,

Didn't work with Montana? Signing Joe Montana was the best move this team has made in the last 40 years. We got one game away.

If you're telling me we could get one game away from the SB, I'll take it. In a one game playoff, anything can happen. We could simply outplay a team. Or it could be even and a fluky fumble puts us over top. Thing is, you have to get there 1st.

Sannyasi
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
I get what you mean. I'll go along with the hype if we do get him because I am easily swayed, but I'm definitely not confident that he can play at a high level again.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Didn't work with Montana? Signing Joe Montana was the best move this team has made in the last 40 years. We got one game away.

If you're telling me we could get one game away from the SB, I'll take it. In a one game playoff, anything can happen. We could simply outplay a team. Or it could be even and a fluky fumble puts us over top. Thing is, you have to get there 1st.

This, 1000 times over.

The Bad Guy
03-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes, it's not worth it. We could miss out on all those playoff appearances, playoff wins and winning seasons if this blows up in our face.

Some of you don't deserve to watch football.

Gonzo
03-08-2012, 02:02 PM

A cognizant post from Okie...

Someone call hell and see if its cold.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 02:03 PM

The Chiefs are the problem. They need to find the sexy young thing...

But they won't. They're just not going to do it.

So we're left hanging out at the bar at 2am hoping that some drunk 45-year old is wasted enough to go home with us.

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 02:04 PM
NO I failed
it should have said, a single snap

Halfcan
03-08-2012, 02:05 PM
I hate Peyton Manning and I hate his alma mater. I've spent literally half of my life defining myself as a Manning hater. It's a fundamental part of my identity.

**** YOUR NOISE, GIVE US MANNING.

:clap:

Fish
03-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm really unsure of who you are talking about. Are we interested in a QB somewhere?

Rain Man
03-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Or our kicker could actually make a field goal instead of whiffing it. Or we could make them punt at least once. Or our quarterback might not get knocked out of the game. Or our guard might not get called for holding when we make a long run to get in position for the winning field goal. Or our tight end won't be called out of bounds when he catches the game-deciding touchdown. Or the other team won't be all smeared up with cooking spray and salary cap violations.

There are any number of ways we could win a playoff game.

Rain Man
I'm really unsure of who you are talking about. Are we interested in a QB somewhere?

Henne.

lcarus

Chad Henne

Fish
03-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Ahhh... thanks. I'm Mad for Chad....

The Bad Guy
The Chiefs are the problem. They need to find the sexy young thing...

But they won't. They're just not going to do it.

So we're left hanging out at the bar at 2am hoping that some drunk 45-year old is wasted enough to go home with us.

No, the Chiefs are settling on the 280 pound grenede that's friend with the hot blonde that we all would like to go home with.

Rain Man
Chad Henne

Welcome to Avis. Do you have a reservation?

Hammock Parties
03-08-2012, 02:10 PM
It's two more years of Casshole or two more years of Manning.

I'm going to stick my head in the sand rather than up my butt.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2012, 02:11 PM

1 game away and 20 years of the same faulty thinking, and failure to go along with it.

HemiEd
03-08-2012, 02:11 PM
It worked with Montana. Well sort of worked. We were instant Super Bowl contenders, and Joe got us closer than we've been in the 40 years since we won the damn thing. Just because we came up just short with Joe doesn't mean it was a failure. Not at all.

This is actually better than the Montana situation, we don't have to give up the first round pick now, like we did to the 49ers.

That is the reason I am on board with it now.

Dana Stubblefield turned out to be a pretty good pick for them at our spot.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
1 game away and 20 years of the same faulty thinking, and failure to go along with it.

If there were a legitimate chance of that faulty thinking actually CHANGING, you might have a point.

We're not going to draft and develop our own QB. We're stuck using other teams' cast-offs.

Might as well get the one cast-off that gives us the best chance to win.

Valiant
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Team is built to win now.
Our tailored offense is below average right now.

Unless you land a tom brady in the draft our support players will be too old.

Another reason I hate cassel because he wastes the talent around him.

suds79
03-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Didn't say it was the best possible senario. That would have been winning it all.

But copy the rest of my post. If you're telling me we could get to the AFC championship game, I'll take it. Like I said. Anything can happen.

And with Peyton, I think we could get there. What are our other options?

Luck? Off the board. RG3? Off the board. Tannahill? Going to spend a 1st on a project guy whose stock is elevated because of a weak QB class? Really? Particularly when next year is much stronger. He might be gone by the time we pick teams are so desperate for QBs.

You want Orton? He'll get us as far as Matt Cassel ever could. 1st round knock out.

What is a better option?

lcarus
03-08-2012, 02:15 PM

20 years of the same faulty thinking? Yeah we figured, Joe worked so well, might as well start Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, ignore Rich Gannon's success and let him take the Raiders to the promised land, sign Trent Green, draft Brodie Croyle, sign Damon Huard, Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko. All of those are the same thing as signing a HOF QB with a year or two left in the tank.

HemiEd
03-08-2012, 02:18 PM

I don't think that is accurate at all. IMO Haley had his mind made up that Stanzi was not playing, he had a sick thing for Palko.
Crennel had a better option with Orton, that would help land him the job he was after. He would have played Stanzi if that was the best option IMO.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
If there were a legitimate chance of that faulty thinking actually CHANGING, you might have a point.

We're not going to draft and develop our own QB. We're stuck using other teams' cast-offs.

Might as well get the one cast-off that gives us the best chance to win.

So you now want KC to draft T Richardson (regardless of Manning)?

BossChief
03-08-2012, 02:27 PM
A 36 year old Manning and a very young Ricky Stanzi is close to a perfect scenario for our qb situation.

I give us a better than 50% chance of getting the deal done.

If there wasn't a real possibility of this coming to fruition, Denver wouldnt even be in the picture.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 02:28 PM
You shut you whore mouth!

this

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Cassel-Gueterez-Palko
Anderson-Quinn-
I have no faith in the pair

DeezNutz
A 36 year old Manning and a very young Ricky Stanzi is close to a perfect scenario for our qb situation.

We have very different ideas of "perfect."

Hammock Parties
I guess you can compare this to Montana and Favre with the Vikings but I wouldn't.

I think the Chiefs would be better than both of those teams, and better than the Kurt Warner Cardinals. And I think Manning would be better than creaky injured every other game Montana, definitely less mistake prone than Favre. Kurt Warner is debatable.

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 02:31 PM
even Croyle regressed

edit: To be fair, McD couldn't do shit with Quinn either

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 02:35 PM
So you now want KC to draft T Richardson (regardless of Manning)?

Might as well. Things aren't gonna change.

kczoo
03-08-2012, 02:44 PM
My concerns
Manning will be gun shy about first few hits
Wherever he goes, no o-line like he once had
WONT HAVE COLTS TEAM CHEMISTRY
Out of a VERY physical/Fast game for a year
All QBs get their head pounded to turf @ least 3X a season
CRAZY EXPECTATIONS
Hes only as good as his new defense

FAX
03-08-2012, 02:45 PM
This is slightly off-topic and, for that, I apologize.

But man, The Twilight Zone had some great actors in those days back in the day ...

A very young Robert Duvall is ripping it up right now via the magic of television reruns. They had Karl Malden awhile ago. And Dennis Hopper, too. Like real movie stars and stuff.

FAX

cardken
03-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Look what Montana did with a lack luster pass receiver core back then. We have a set young Offense, a good Offensive Line, Peyton would have a Running Game for the first time in his career with a healthy Charles. A Good Defense under their belts.
The NFL is set up in 2 year windows. Set yourself up for two year runs. We are set. The Chiefs have never and will never Draft a groom a QBOF. Take the best available at the time, that is Manning right now.
No excuses if the Chiefs don't get this Manning deal done, they aren't serious about winning. No Money Problems, no excuses.

BossChief
03-08-2012, 02:56 PM
All the years of this team being ridiculously under the salary cap, they owe us this one.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2012, 02:59 PM
My concerns
Manning will be gun shy about first few hits
Wherever he goes, no o-line like he once had

He has always shied away from contact.

And the Colts OL has never been that great. They were pretty good for a 3-4 year run during Manning's prime when they had Glenn, Saturday and Diem all playing at a high level, but the last 3 years or so, meh.

Chiefs were 5th in pass blocking efficiency last year. We get a new RT we're fine.

Please get it through your thick skulls, true fans.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 03:01 PM

But man, The Twilight Zone had some great actors in those days back in the day ...

A very young Robert Duvall is ripping it up right now via the magic of television reruns. They had Karl Malden awhile ago. And Dennis Hopper, too. Like real movie stars and stuff.

FAX

I love the old black and white Twilight Zone episodes. Fantastic.

whoman69
03-08-2012, 03:16 PM
You guys are killing my Manning buzz.

whoman69
03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I think Peyton opens the window that with the talent level we have with him, that we can draft his replacement. Generally those teams trading for the teams mentioned in the OP were not set up like the Chiefs are now. This is a solid team sans QB, NT, RT.

Coogs
03-08-2012, 03:21 PM
First of all, this never works. Didn't work with Montana

Without this play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrio6WEgW0o

...it might have worked with Montana.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Without this play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrio6WEgW0o

...it might have worked with Montana.

My dad used to curse Kimble Anders all the time because he dropped a TD pass in a big playoff game. I don't remember it though.

FAX
03-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I know what you're saying, Mr. Chris Meck. In an ideal world, the Chiefs would commit to drafting and developing their own quarterback. It's what we need ... it's what we've always needed. But, for reasons inexplicable, this franchise just doesn't seem to believe in that approach.

We're in a tough spot now, though. The defense is good enough to win in the playoffs. And, I think we have sufficient talent on offense if we patch up a few things. Do we have the time to develop a guy before the window closes on key players? Probably not. And that's what makes this Manning opportunity so attractive.

The half-full part to me is that, should Manning come aboard and lead us deep into the playoffs and even, perhaps, to the Super Bowl, our young team would gain valuable experience and confidence that can pay dividends long after Manning's head is mounted over the bar.

With that in mind, I've decided to support this idea. I don't, however, believe deep in my heart that it will happen, though. Too many past disappointments have jaded my attitude toward this organization. Plus, Manning doesn't strike me as particularly neat and tidy.

FAX

Titty Meat
03-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Dumbass

Titty Meat
03-08-2012, 03:29 PM
All the years of this team being ridiculously under the salary cap, they owe us this one.

This.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2012, 03:37 PM
My dad used to curse Kimble Anders all the time because he dropped a TD pass in a big playoff game. I don't remember it though.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8448/interceptionfv0.gif

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3880/interception2ww5.gif

HemiEd
03-08-2012, 03:40 PM

FAX

I just watched a couple of those reruns last night. The Twilight Zone episode couldn't have cost $8 to make. It all took place in this old cabin room, with a toy robot. Funny entertainment.

O.city
03-08-2012, 03:46 PM
I bet the Saints wish they would have drafted a qb instead of getting Brees. I know it's a totally different situation, but this is a no brainer if it's possible IMO.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
I bet the Saints wish they would have drafted a qb instead of getting Brees. I know it's a totally different situation, but this is a no brainer if it's possible IMO.

Brees was like 26 and healthy when the Saints signed him? I'm not disagreeing with you.

Molitoth
03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8448/interceptionfv0.gif

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3880/interception2ww5.gif

:#:banghead::cuss:

O.city
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Kimble was a little afraid to get hit there.

CATCH THE BALL>

bevischief
03-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Brees was like 26 and healthy when the Saints signed him? I'm not disagreeing with you.

He was coming off a major shoulder surgery.

keg in kc
03-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, let's stick with Cassel. That path has "winning" written all over it.

whoman69
03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, let's stick with Cassel. That path has "winning" written all over it.

I'm just curious what language that might be written in.

03-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Joe should have also proven to this organization how important a good QB is to a team. Unfortunately our FO has been full of dumbasses.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Joe should have also proven to this organization how important a good QB is to a team. Unfortunately our FO has been full of dumbasses.

Yeah, and shortly after Joe retired we decided to stick it out with Elvis Grbac and let Rich Gannon leave for the Raiders. That turned out to be an amazing decision didn't it.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah, and shortly after Joe retired we decided to stick it out with Elvis Grbac and let Rich Gannon leave for the Raiders. That turned out to be an amazing decision didn't it.

Don't kid yourself, Rich Gannon was a retread too...he'd been out of football for a full season (or was it two?) when he signed with the Chiefs.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Don't kid yourself, Rich Gannon was a retread too...he'd been out of football for a full season (or was it two?) when he signed with the Chiefs.

Yeah, but the point I'm making is that the last good QB decision we made was Joe Montana. Trent Green was pretty good I guess.

Chris Meck
03-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I know what you're saying, Mr. Chris Meck. In an ideal world, the Chiefs would commit to drafting and developing their own quarterback. It's what we need ... it's what we've always needed. But, for reasons inexplicable, this franchise just doesn't seem to believe in that approach.

We're in a tough spot now, though. The defense is good enough to win in the playoffs. And, I think we have sufficient talent on offense if we patch up a few things. Do we have the time to develop a guy before the window closes on key players? Probably not. And that's what makes this Manning opportunity so attractive.

The half-full part to me is that, should Manning come aboard and lead us deep into the playoffs and even, perhaps, to the Super Bowl, our young team would gain valuable experience and confidence that can pay dividends long after Manning's head is mounted over the bar.

With that in mind, I've decided to support this idea. I don't, however, believe deep in my heart that it will happen, though. Too many past disappointments have jaded my attitude toward this organization. Plus, Manning doesn't strike me as particularly neat and tidy.

FAX

yeah...well...I think it IS gonna happen. And I think we'll be a playoff team for a couple of years but not a SB team, and then we'll be rebuilding...again. the cupboard will be emptying, and we'll have to start over-with no QB.

Psyko Tek
03-08-2012, 06:50 PM
ROFL The fuck?

no as an analogy it makes sense
innna "when the germans bombed pearl harbor" type of perspective

FAX
03-08-2012, 07:40 PM
yeah...well...I think it IS gonna happen. And I think we'll be a playoff team for a couple of years but not a SB team, and then we'll be rebuilding...again. the cupboard will be emptying, and we'll have to start over-with no QB.

We are simpatico in this respect, Mr. Chris Meck.

My initial reaction to this idea was highly negative. All I saw was a quarterback whose ability to perform was realistically questionable combined with another potentially long delay in establishing a young, talented quarterback of our own. I felt like every snap that Manning would take as a Chief would be one less snap that a young quarterback could really use to both develop confidence and gain experience.

On top of that, I've hated Peyton Manning ever since he came into the league. I detested everything he stood for and even despised the things he stood on. Plus, all that frantic waving and hopping and skipping and ass waggling behind the LOS after the line was set really pisses me off. I never thought I'd ever have to root for the guy ...

But here we are. Once again. Chiefs fans. Trying to see the wrinkly nipples of happiness through the under-wire brassiere of desperation.

So, I've decided to join the hive-mind on this one ... even though it goes against everything I believe in. Of course, I'd probably sell my mother for a Super Bowl win, so ...

FAX

BossChief
03-08-2012, 08:08 PM
If Peyton plays for 3-4 more years, it's not like when he retires we would be in trouble with talent like Indy was.

This team is talented across the board with players that are in their first five years in the league.

Once Peyton retires, Stanzi will keep the team exciting to watch.

keg in kc
03-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Once Peyton retires, Stanzi will keep the team exciting to watch.Indeed, his clipboard holding should be amongst the best in the NFL by then.

the Talking Can
03-08-2012, 08:11 PM
it's like Carl never left...

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2012, 08:12 PM

JUST a playoff team? We were a playoff team in 2010 with fucking Matt Cassel.
How is this team not any better with a healthy Manning?

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2012, 08:14 PM

What do you suggest the Chiefs do?

And remember, Luck and RG3 are not available.

03-08-2012, 08:17 PM
JUST a playoff team? We were a playoff team in 2010 with ****ing Matt Cassel.
How is this team not any better with a healthy Manning?

But, but, but, Yahoo sports says we can't win more than 8.5 games WITH Manning. It's hopeless I tell ya. HOPELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:deevee:

the Talking Can
03-08-2012, 08:18 PM
What do you suggest the Chiefs do?

And remember, Luck and RG3 are not available.

do what Carl did when he couldn't trade for more backups

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
do what Carl did when he couldn't trade for more backups

Play a 3rd round cripple?

the Talking Can
03-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Play a 3rd round cripple?

nope, sign a vet cripple

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
nope, sign a vet cripple

Cool. Let's just stick with Cassel.

FAX
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
If Peyton plays for 3-4 more years, it's not like when he retires we would be in trouble with talent like Indy was.

This team is talented across the board with players that are in their first five years in the league.

Once Peyton retires, Stanzi will keep the team exciting to watch.

I sure would like to see him take some snaps.

FAX

whoman69
03-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Cool. Let's just stick with Cassel.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2012, 08:58 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Lex Luthor
03-08-2012, 09:15 PM
First of all, this never works. Didn't work with Montana, Namath, Moon, Favre, etc. The aging warrior changing teams can make for a fun season (or not) but they never seem to take 'em to the SB. The only one I can think of in modern times is Kurt Warner, and he was literally on the scrap heap for a couple of years first.

I guess you never heard of Jim Plunkett. He came off the scrap heap to lead the Raiders to two Super Bowl victories.

Oh wait, I get it. It doesn't count if you're talking about Kurt Warner or Jim Plunkett or Rich Gannon or Doug Williams, guys who came off the scrap heap to take their teams to the Super Bowl. It also doesn't count if you're talking about Joe Montana or Brett Favre, guys who took their teams to within one game of the Super Bowl.

Your premise is not only flawed, it's 100% wrong.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 09:18 PM

You're right, it is.

Hence the reason so many people want Manning.

We know they'll NEVER draft a real QB...

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I can kind of see where the OP is coming from. I hate the thought of having a proven commodity at the most important position for 2 or 3 years and giving a team that has the parts to win now the best chance to do that too. Continueing to under achieve and be held back by our QB while hoping only for the long term future is definately the way to go. I mean since when is the NFL a league made up of teams that would like to win now. Fuck now... give me hope for a maybe that comes later.

the Talking Can
03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
You're right, it is.

Hence the reason so many people want Manning.

We know they'll NEVER draft a real QB...

manning is straight out of Carl's playbook....we haven't seen one single new idea...and fans are lapping it up like we haven't just put the 90's on a loop...of course typing that i realize fans are lapping it up because it is exactly like the 90's...only Manning is more busted than Montana

but yeah, this franchise is never going to take winning seriously, so bring on the clowns...i mean 36 year old QBs with fused necks and damaged nerves...

keg in kc
03-08-2012, 09:28 PM
It's not Carl's playbook. It's the Hunt playbook.

FAX
03-08-2012, 09:43 PM
manning is straight out of Carl's playbook....we haven't seen one single new idea...and fans are lapping it up like we haven't just put the 90's on a loop...of course typing that i realize fans are lapping it up because it is exactly like the 90's...only Manning is more busted than Montana

but yeah, this franchise is never going to take winning seriously, so bring on the clowns...i mean 36 year old QBs with fused necks and damaged nerves...

I call, "Unfair!", by God!

I expressed a very similar sentiment just the other day and was roundly groin-slapped by practically everybody on this board for heresy.

Meanwhile, I suppose that, at this point, it's safe to assume that all these football executives know a hell of a lot more about Manning's muscle/nerve atrophy and regeneration than we mere fans do. I have yet to read a reputable source reporting that he has recovered full use of his throwing arm and can actually perform at a reasonably high level.

FAX

Al Bundy
03-08-2012, 09:47 PM

You ready to roll with Cassel as your QB for 2 more years?

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2012, 10:40 PM

You're preaching to the choir.

We'd all love to draft a QB. That's not happening.

This is the next best thing.

BIG K
03-08-2012, 11:47 PM
You're preaching to the choir.

We'd all love to draft a QB. That's not happening.

This is the next best thing.

Exactly. Who here would rather have an older QB with problems over a fresh, new talent that could become the franchise QB for 10 to 12 years? It's a moot point. Unless the Chiefs gun in and make a huge move to move up in the draft THIS year, Manning is the best option given our salary cap and our position of drafting to add more weapons....

Chris Meck
03-09-2012, 01:37 AM
The Plunkett, Williams, etc. analogies aren't relevant. The proper example of this type of QB situation would be if we brought in David Carr or Brady Quinn and they turned into a top notch QB.

Montana, Favre, and Namath are the aging superstars that made one last go with another team.

Kurt Warners sits somewhere in the middle; eventually washed out in St. Louis (something wrong with his hand, I remember) and then was a starter/backup in NY, and finally ended up in Arizona as a vet back-up that was pressed into service when Heisman boy flopped.)

I'm just not crazy about renting the aging superstar for a couple of years. I'll take it if it means I don't have to watch Cassel shit his pants anymore. I'll cheer like everyone else. He's never going to feel like its OUR guy, though. He's a rental. I know it's a business, and that players change teams all the time, but I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan. It sucks that we have to rent the Colts' hall of fame QB in order to try to win a Super Bowl.

I'd just rather have something other than a two year answer.

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 01:48 AM

You seriously need to shut the fuck up about stanzi man, we are talking Peyton Fucking Manning you dumbass

FAX
03-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Hey! How would you like a street name, Mr. R8ers?

FAX

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Hey! How would you like a street name, Mr. R8ers?

FAX

Lay it on me Brah!

FAX
03-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Lay it on me Brah!

Okey Doke.

Let's see ... hmmmm ....

*ahem*

Mr. R8ers, on account of the fact that you need a ding dang street name and in honor of your unfailing allegiance to the most god-forsaken gang of demented, lying, malefic, disgusting asswipes ever to refer to themselves as a football team, I hereby dub thee, "Turdly".

FAX

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Ok then

FAX
03-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Ok then

You like?

Personally, I think it's a darn good street name. It conveys a certain panache while implying an artfully unobtrusive commonality evincing proper and effective bowel function.

FAX

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 02:24 AM
You like?

Personally, I think it's a darn good street name. It conveys a certain panache while implying an artfully unobtrusive commonality evincing proper and effective bowel function.

FAX

I am sleepy man, quit making me think

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-09-2012, 07:37 AM
pssst......no more cassel

this x100.

It gives me faith that Pioli isn't completely stupid.

htismaqe
03-09-2012, 08:16 AM

What is the alternative? Rooting for a new team?

I don't know about you, but until they invent football Methadone, I'm stuck hoping for shit like us landing Peyton Manning...

Rasputin
03-09-2012, 09:15 AM
You seriously need to shut the **** up about stanzi man, we are talking Peyton ****ing Manning you dumbass

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/KCTattoo58/door1-1.jpg

Hammock Parties
03-09-2012, 09:16 AM
What is the alternative? Rooting for a new team?

I don't know about you, but until they invent football Methadone, I'm stuck hoping for shit like us landing Peyton Manning...

It's last call at the bar.

We're trying to cheat on our ugly wife, who hasn't fucked us in years.

The best looking thing is a horny cougar, but she has the clap.

Meh, fuck it. Time to wrap it and tap it.

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 09:21 AM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/KCTattoo58/door1-1.jpg

ok that was funny ROFL

Brock
03-09-2012, 09:24 AM

I agree with what you're saying in principle. That said, nobody really knows what the situation is with his health, and prior to this he was still playing like he was in his prime. We have Cassel, and no shot at drafting the better QBs at this time. So it's time to get over it.

Saul Good
03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
I agree with what you're saying in principle. That said, nobody really knows what the situation is with his health, and prior to this he was still playing like he was in his prime. We have Cassel, and no shot at drafting the better QBs at this time. So it's time to get over it.

People are bitching about us going after the best available QB and giving up nothing but Clark's money.

WTF is Pioli supposed to do? Aaron Rodgers isn't a free agent. Andrew Luck isn't getting past the Colts. We aren't able to outbid the rest of the league for RGIII.

People bitch way too much.

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 09:57 AM
You guys should get Flynn

Imon Yourside
03-09-2012, 09:58 AM
People are bitching about us going after the best available QB and giving up nothing but Clark's money.

WTF is Pioli supposed to do? Aaron Rodgers isn't a free agent. Andrew Luck isn't getting past the Colts. We aren't able to outbid the rest of the league for RGIII.

People bitch way too much.

This is a no loss situation, YOU TAKE MANNING if you can get him. It's probably the closest we'll ever be to drafting a franchise QB judging history. Matt Blundin anyone? Steve Fuller? Todd Blackledge?

Chiefnj2
03-09-2012, 10:12 AM
If KC plays its cards right they can make a run at Drew Brees in 2015 and Rivers in 2018.

htismaqe
03-09-2012, 10:16 AM

Yep.

Not just time to get over it.

It's time to EMBRACE it.

htismaqe
03-09-2012, 10:23 AM
If KC plays its cards right they can make a run at Drew Brees in 2015 and Rivers in 2018.

Might as well prepare yourself for it now.

Rasputin
03-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Yep.

Not just time to get over it.

It's time to EMBRACE it.

That's exactly what I am trying to do right now is embrace it. I want more than anything to draft and develop a top teir prospect from the draft from the time before ala Joe freaking Montana. So I've waited a long time for this to happen, not happening any time soon it appears so WTF?!? am I suppose to want in the mean time. Peyton Manning is the next best option for right now & hope to TimTebows eyepatch 3:16 that he gets us a Super Bowl win. I'm really opening up to the idea tha Peyton Manning can and will bring us a Super Bowl anything less is uncivilized.

htismaqe
03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
That's exactly what I am trying to do right now is embrace it. I want more than anything to draft and develop a top teir prospect from the draft from the time before ala Joe freaking Montana. So I've waited a long time for this to happen, not happening any time soon it appears so WTF?!? am I suppose to want in the mean time. Peyton Manning is the next best option for right now & hope to TimTebows eyepatch 3:16 that he gets us a Super Bowl win. I'm really opening up to the idea tha Peyton Manning can and will bring us a Super Bowl anything less is uncivilized.

:clap:

Beef Supreme
03-09-2012, 01:46 PM
He's never going to feel like its OUR guy, though. He's a rental.

Then we should drive him like one.