PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Prospect Notes

Chiefnj2
03-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Greg Cosell, who works for nflfilms.com, has a twitter account where be provides comment on his breakdown of college film. Some interesting observations.

https://twitter.com/#!/gregcosell

Bewbies
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks. He had some interesting stuff re: Foles and Lindley in there...

the Talking Can
03-13-2012, 11:15 AM
ditto...interesting

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Cosell thinks Richardson is the best player in the entire draft.

Bewbies
03-15-2012, 07:29 AM
And that Kuchely the LB from BC isn't elite at all. :)

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 07:35 AM
And that Kuchely the LB from BC isn't elite at all. :)

Was that his tweet or Russ Lande's??

O.city
03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
If Richardson falls to us, we will take him. I don't think he does at this point though.

corandval
03-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Watch Pioli pick Michael Brockers.

Saccopoo
03-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Watch Pioli pick Michael Brockers.

I've already said that prior, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Brockers is an absolute mountain of a human being (6'5", 322 lbs. at the Combine) and has a ton of potential at either the DE or NT position.

He's a better prospect than Poe IMO and played well against SEC offensive lines this past season.

Direckshun
03-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Would be amusing to see an all LSU defensive line.

Who could argue with us at this point? Jackson and Dorsey are great run stuffers.

But Brockers is in no way a 0-tech. He's a 3 or 5-tech. Maybe a 2-tech, or a nose in a smaller, Cover Two-style 4-3. But not in the 2-gapping 3-4, which requires pure 0-techs.

Poe at least has the tools to be a 0-tech. But I agree that he is probably more of a 1- or 2-tech.

corandval
03-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Who would play the nose Dorsey or Brockers

Saccopoo
03-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Would be amusing to see an all LSU defensive line.

Who could argue with us at this point? Jackson and Dorsey are great run stuffers.

But Brockers is in no way a 0-tech. He's a 3 or 5-tech. Maybe a 2-tech, or a nose in a smaller, Cover Two-style 4-3. But not in the 2-gapping 3-4, which requires pure 0-techs.

Poe at least has the tools to be a 0-tech. But I agree that he is probably more of a 1- or 2-tech.

You have to remember that this is a red shirt sophomore that's already 6'5", 325 lbs. and looks pretty lean carrying that much tonnage.

He's really strong with a huge base/legs.

I think he's easily capable of playing a zero tech Nose position.

Direckshun
03-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Who would play the nose Dorsey or Brockers

Dorsey will never play the nose.

Brockers is incredibly unlikely to play the nose.

Direckshun
03-15-2012, 01:19 PM
You have to remember that this is a red shirt sophomore that's already 6'5", 325 lbs. and looks pretty lean carrying that much tonnage.

He's really strong with a huge base/legs.

I think he's easily capable of playing a zero tech Nose position.

I simply don't see it. He spent his entire college career playing the 2- and 3-tech. He was an excellent 2-tech, so I'm thinking playing the NT in a 4-3 is his best position.

He was never asked, at least in the handful of games I've watched, to play directly over center.

I don't see it. And no scouts who've written on him recommend him as a 3-4 nose tackle either, unless I've missed one.

So that either means you're incredibly ahead of the curve here Sac, or you're misguided.

Detoxing
03-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Very intredasting.

His notes on Lindley make me wanna believe in the kid again.

Direckshun
03-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Very intredasting.

Yep.

Saccopoo
03-15-2012, 01:55 PM
I simply don't see it. He spent his entire college career playing the 2- and 3-tech. He was an excellent 2-tech, so I'm thinking playing the NT in a 4-3 is his best position.

He was never asked, at least in the handful of games I've watched, to play directly over center.

I don't see it. And no scouts who've written on him recommend him as a 3-4 nose tackle either, unless I've missed one.

So that either means you're incredibly ahead of the curve here Sac, or you're misguided.

It's most likely due to the fact that he played in a 43 defensive front at LSU and that he's a longer, leaner player than most of the fat asses that are at the defensive tackle position.

However, he's got huge legs/butt and plays with excellent leverage. And he's only a red-shirt sophomore that has put on 75 lbs. in three years. He could easily hold 350 lbs. and still play effectively, especially at the nose spot. He didn't have a really good combine (which is pretty irrelevant for the defensive and offensive line players), but you watch the LSU games, and he plays hard and sets the tone. I think he's a pretty solid NT prospect based on his size and skill set.

That being said, I'd be shocked if he makes it past Carolina at the ninth pick.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xxk88nb4zhQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saccopoo
03-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Very intredasting.

And yet, I get hammered for putting him in my Chiefs mock...

Direckshun
03-15-2012, 04:10 PM
It's most likely due to the fact that he played in a 43 defensive front at LSU and that he's a longer, leaner player than most of the fat asses that are at the defensive tackle position.

However, he's got huge legs/butt and plays with excellent leverage. And he's only a red-shirt sophomore that has put on 75 lbs. in three years. He could easily hold 350 lbs. and still play effectively, especially at the nose spot. He didn't have a really good combine (which is pretty irrelevant for the defensive and offensive line players), but you watch the LSU games, and he plays hard and sets the tone. I think he's a pretty solid NT prospect based on his size and skill set.

That being said, I'd be shocked if he makes it past Carolina at the ninth pick.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xxk88nb4zhQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're drafting a NT project, then.

NT projects don't usually pan out terribly well, compared to other positions. They have the same miss rate that QB projects usually have.

I'm not saying no, though -- Brockers looks pretty great and the Chiefs clearly aren't going to hold onto Dorsey past 2012. You can't say no to talent.

Maybe they'd use him in that Shaun Smith, Amon Gordon role rotating between DE and NT.

Bewbies
03-15-2012, 04:42 PM
That is a big, big dude. I don't know if he's a nose or not, but his lower body is huge.