PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kyle Orton visiting Cowboys

Pages : [1] 2

KCtotheSB
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
per ESPN

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-A57NOiTNjcI/T1-jTaEpomI/AAAAAAAB5Jo/kzG3kmldY0U/s250/j67pW.gif

Fritz88
03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Jerry Jones you cunt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
03-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Doesn't make sense.

They don't have enough money.

He's going to be a backup.

We have money and he has a better chance to be a starter.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
Dallas has a lot more cap room than us, this is no surprise

Frazod
Great. The only decent QB we've had on the team since Green. Looks like they're not even trying to resign him.

No Manning.
No Orton.
Just Cassel and the Great White Ioweegan Hope.

FML

:facepalm:

mikeyis4dcats.
the chiefsification of the cowboys continues

Okie_Apparition
Sounds like a starting job

DeezNutz
Orton is starting-caliber, so will the Cowboys release Romo?

Discuss Thrower
Arrowhead is going to be the first neutral field to get eight regular season games in 2012.

philfree
Why? So he can be a backup? I thought he'd be looking for a starter's job.

DJ's left nut
Oh FFS - I don't even care anymore.

I already know what this sad sack of a motherfucking franchise is going to do.

{crickets}

I think it's approaching time to just become a fan of the NFL in general.

the Talking Can
03-13-2012, 02:38 PM
candy wrapper scott already told anyone who listen that Cassel is the starter....

BoneKrusher

he needed to be signed in KC we dont even have a starter.

BigChiefFan
Hah-he's a back-up for them and a starter for us and he's still visiting them. Good Lord, help us all.

I really don't want to sign him, but I think that sheds some light on this situation here in Kansas City.

DeezNutz

I already know what this sad sack of a mother****ing franchise is going to do.

{crickets}

Henne. Count on it.

This is the most pathetic, incestuous franchise in the history of the NFL. Oedipus himself fucked more strange.

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 02:39 PM

He has a better chance of beating out Tony Romo than beating out Matt Cassel.

vailpass
Doesn't make sense.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm starting to see a theme here....

BoneKrusher
Henne. Count on it.

This is the most pathetic, incestuous franchise in the history of the NFL. Oedipus himself ****ed more strange.

yep, the Chiefs make the Lions of a few years ago look real good.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Henne. Count on it.

This is the most pathetic, incestuous franchise in the history of the NFL. Oedipus himself fucked more strange.

Yup, there's not even really a question at this point.

And look at how much chatter is out there around KC - guys just flying into town for visits.

This truly is worse than the Peterson years.

the Talking Can
Hah-he's a back-up for them and a starter for us and he's still visiting them. Good Lord, help us all.

I really don't want to sign him, but I think that sheds some light on this situation here in Kansas City.

not trying to beat a dead horse, but Orton knows Cassel is the starter in KC

as should everyone else by now

mr. tegu

Maybe he remembers how nice holding a clipboard for a few million is.

Pestilence

I already know what this sad sack of a motherfucking franchise is going to do.

{crickets}

I'm getting closer each and every day. I'm about to just become a fantasy football fan and that's it. This FO is probably the worst in the NFL.

Sofa King
GOD DAMN I HATE THE FUCKING COWBOYS

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/420797_361580730531511_116476271708626_1214269_156456558_n.jpg

DJ's left nut
He has a better chance of beating out Tony Romo than beating out Matt Cassel.

In all honesty, he probably has a better chance of beating out Aaron Rodgers than Matt Cassel.

DeezNutz
This truly is worse than the Peterson years.

Yes. Not even close.

This was an ascending franchise in the 90s. Peterson long overstayed his welcome and usefulness, but in his prime, he would walk Pioli like a fucking dog.

KCUnited
03-13-2012, 02:42 PM
I'll pour some Jack out for him and then shoot the rest of the bottle.

Carlota69
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Kyle Orton to visit the Cowboys
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 13, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
Kansas City Chiefs v Denver Broncos Getty Images

Kyle Orton was a starter for two different teams in 2011, but as he enters free agency in 2012, his first visit will be with a team where he would only be considered as a backup.

Orton will visit the Cowboys, who are looking to sign a backup quarterback for Tony Romo, ESPNs Adam Schefter reports.

The Cowboys interest in Orton is no surprise, because they put in a claim for him last year when the Broncos put him on waivers. They liked hims as a potential backup to Romo then, and they still do.

The question is whether any team is interested in Orton as a starter. If so, Orton would likely go to that city. The fact that hes going to Dallas instead indicates that hes resigned himself to signing with some team where hes going to be a backup.

In seven NFL seasons, Orton has started a total of 69 games, including 33 with the Bears, 33 with the Broncos and three with the Chiefs.

bricks
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Henne. Count on it.

This is the most pathetic, incestuous franchise in the history of the NFL. Oedipus himself ****ed more strange.

I hope not.

I'd rather have Matt Moore.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes. Not even close.

This was an ascending franchise in the 90s. Peterson long overstayed his welcome and usefulness, but in his prime, he would walk Pioli like a fucking dog.

Like I said yesterday when FAX left forever - is there any question at all that Eric Winston would be a Chief if Peterson where here? I really don't see one. We have the worst RT situation in the NFL, one of the best RT options in the entire NFL is available and we have the money to have him; boom - done. He'd be a Chief by Friday.

I mean hell, Peterson never figured out the QB thing, but he did a damn fine job of dealing with other issues.

All this fat asshole does is remain willfully and militantly ignorant on the QB thing and spend his every waking hour trying to prove every right-thinking individual in the world wrong w/r/t his pet POS.

Strongside
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
He obviously knows we're going to sign Manning. http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/252/me-gusta.jpg?1310883034

Strongside
03-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Like I said yesterday when FAX left forever - is there any question at all that Eric Winston would be a Chief if Peterson where here? I really don't see one. We have the worst RT situation in the NFL, one of the best RT options in the entire NFL is available and we have the money to have him; boom - done. He'd be a Chief by Friday.

I mean hell, Peterson never figured out the QB thing, but he did a damn fine job of dealing with other issues.

All this fat asshole does is remain willfully and militantly ignorant on the QB thing and spend his every waking hour trying to prove every right-thinking individual in the world wrong w/r/t his pet POS.
Speaks to how bad shit is around here when we're fondly reminiscing King Carl's reign, doesn't it?

the Talking Can
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
can we admit pioli is a coward?

for all his patriot-way bluster and blather about 'process'...he is afraid to make a bold move....

absolutely afraid to make a move that would shake this team up

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 02:49 PM

At this point I wish free agency would just end so we can rip Pioli some more and talk about how horrible the draft is gonna be.

3rd&48ers
03-13-2012, 02:49 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_vR089vsDvOU/SotMT_RfcSI/AAAAAAAAATo/55M_0cIKWns/MattCassel1.jpg

I love you Chiefs

Carlota69
03-13-2012, 02:51 PM
I find it curious that orton is meeting with a team where he would be a backup but notus. I mean if he was going to be a Chief, he would of signed by now, right?

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 02:52 PM
I find it curious that orton is meeting with a team where he would be a backup but notus. I mean if he was going to be a Chief, he would of signed by now, right?

Would you rather hold a clipboard in Dallas or Kansas City?

3rd&48ers

I think he is still mad about the Chiefs cock blocking him from going to Chicago to be honest.

Frazod

Good point.

DJ's left nut

Tells you how serious ol' Scott was about 'competition' now doesn't it?

He doesn't want anyone in here that will upstage his handpicked shitbag. Orton already did - so away he goes.

He can bring in Henne, bury his ass on the bench and try to claim that Cassel earned the job in practice or something; afterall there's never going to be anything on the field to prove otherwise.

I hate him. I motherfucking hate him.

the Talking Can
03-13-2012, 02:54 PM
there is no one anywhere at this point that could honestly be called 'competition' for Cassel...

that lie is now officially a lie

Frazod
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
There will be no Sunday Ticket in Casa Frazod if that fucking piece of shit Cassel is our starter next year. I can watch the Bears play for free.

When DTV asks me why I'm canceling after 10 years, I'll tell them to direct their inquiries to One Arrowhead Drive. 4321

DeezNutz
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
can we admit pioli is a coward?

for all his patriot-way bluster and blather about 'process'...he is afraid to make a bold move....

absolutely afraid to make a move that would shake this team up

Or he's not allowed to spend any money.

I can somewhat deal with the fact that Pioi is a ****ing moron because I'll (knocks on wood) outlast his worthless ass. In the meantime, thank goodness for the impending cap floor.

Might as well call it the Clark Hunt rule. If it were a trophy, we'd hoist that gold-plated, cubic zirconia-laden piece of shit with pride.

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
there is no one anywhere at this point that could honestly be called 'competition' for Cassel...

that lie is now officially a lie

That whole thing was a lie from the start. He tried to sell the notion that Palko and Brodie were competition for Cassel.

Fuck Scott Pioli.

DeezNutz
03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Our one hope is Stanzi; he's it. He must be so good that he absolutely forces the case.

I'll let BossChief JIHP now.

bricks
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Doesn't make sense.

Posted via Mobile Device

The way I look at it, you keep Orton and he competes with Cassel.

Cassel and Orton competing it out doesn't excite me. All it is is average vs average. Average man wins the job yay!

Id rather see Stanzi and/or a draft pick for a change. But I don't think that's gonna happen because of Pioli's fascination for Cassel.

I don't believe Pioli's when he says they are going to create competition for Cassel. We know that he loves his golden boy and can take his words as a grain of salt.

Cassel is the QB next year. We all know it.

At least though, if Cassel got hurt, you know your not going to see another average, which is what Orton is. At least with a rook or Stanzi you never know?there would be some hope.

*Losing Orton doesn't bother me for these reasons

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Or he's not allowed to spend any money.

I can somewhat deal with the fact that Pioi is a ****ing moron because I'll (knocks on wood) outlast his worthless ass. In the meantime, thank goodness for the impending cap floor.

Might as well call it the Clark Hunt rule. If it were a trophy, we'd hoist that gold-plated, cubic zirconia-laden piece of shit with pride.

We spent less than a $100 million in an uncapped season.

I can't even wrap my mind around that.

We have the new Mike Brown, folks - embrace the horror. But hey, the good news is that he's only likely to live for another 40+ years or so.

Many of you are likely stuck with this asshole until you die.

Garcia Bronco
03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
The donk train can always use more fans. You would be welcomed. Come feel the success.

BoneKrusher
Romeo Crennel is Pioli's yes man and this is even more prove of it.

Frazod
The way I look at it, you keep Orton and he competes with Cassel.

Cassel and Orton competing it out doesn't excite me. All it is is average vs average. Average man wins the job yay!

Id rather see Stanzi and/or a draft pick for a change. But I don't think that's gonna happen because of Pioli's fascination for Cassel.

I don't believe Pioli's when he says they are going to create competition for Cassel. We know that he loves his golden boy and can take his words as a grain of salt.

Cassel is the QB next year. We all know it.

At least though, if Cassel got hurt, you know your not going to see another average, which is what Orton is. At least with a rook or Stanzi you never know?there would be some hope.

Orton is a decent QB. Cassel is a horrible QB.

Decent > Horrible.

Nobody should act like these guys have the same talent level.

DeezNutz
The donk train can always use more fans. You would be welcomed. Come feel the success.

Mine is exit only. But thanks for the train invite.

Frazod
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM

Backing into the playoffs! WOOHOO

Pestilence
03-13-2012, 03:06 PM
There will be no Sunday Ticket in Casa Frazod if that fucking piece of shit Cassel is our starter next year. I can watch the Bears play for free.

When DTV asks me why I'm canceling after 10 years, I'll tell them to direct their inquiries to One Arrowhead Drive. 4321

Same here. I'm not paying any money to watch that piece of shit play.

Detoxing
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Same here. I'm not paying any money to watch that piece of shit play.

x3

Which will be a very sad day in the Detoxing home.

qabbaan
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
I hope Dallas signs Orton. One less retread option for us to fall back on in hopes of making a gallant charge to 8-8

Detoxing
03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I hope Dallas signs Orton. One less retread option for us to fall back on in hopes of making a gallant charge to 8-8

yes, because the draft and F/A is ripe with talented QB's, right?

Your and idiot.

bricks

Decent > Horrible.

Your right. Orton is better. But it makes no difference. We know what his ceiling is. Even if he did start, Chiefs ain't winning it. We all know that.

We know we ain't getting a top QB prospect this year either. Might as well draft a QB in the 2nd round? Take your pick with either him or Stanzi and hope for the best. Id like to see them experiment at the QB position. If they find their guy awesome.

listopencil
*Losing Orton doesn't bother me for these reasons

I think the feeling was that signing Orton was a way for the Chiefs to bail on Cassel and move on. Then you have a guy who is an effective starter and a young guy with potential behind him. At that point you have several ways to go with that third QB position.

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM

Decent > Horrible.

Talent level?

One guy runs a 6-flat 40. The other guy consistently and continuously trips and falls 30-yards in.

Either way, you're coming in last.

qabbaan

No way will I be purchasing any tickets this year if it's Cassel OR Orton starting.

Frazod
Your right. Orton is better. But it makes no difference. We know what his ceiling is. Even if he did start, Chiefs ain't winning it. We all know that.

We know we ain't getting a top QB prospect this year either. Might as well draft a QB in the 2nd round? Take your pick with either him or Stanzi and hope for the best. Id like to see them experiment at the QB position. If they find their guy awesome.

I'd love to see what Orton could do with a healthy Charles in the backfield. I think he could surprise us.

Doesn't look like it's going to happen, though.

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
yes, because the draft and F/A is ripe with talented QB's, right?

Your and idiot.

Be honest.

You REALLY think Orton is a better option than Cassel? Does the 2010 team win a playoff game with Orton? Nope.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Be honest.

You REALLY think Orton is a better option than Cassel? Does the 2010 team win a playoff game with Orton? Nope.

yes. and yes. but that doesn't mean he's a good quarterback.

listopencil
Be honest.

Orton is a better option than Cassel.

htismaqe
I'd love to see what Orton could do with a healthy Charles in the backfield. I think he could surprise us.

I think a lot of people would be surprised...

Surprised that the team isn't any better than it was with Cassel.

Count Zarth
Be honest.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101001/2010/REG5/broncos@ravens#menu=highlights&tab=analyze

Orton threw for 314 yards against the Ravens in 2010.

htismaqe

That's like saying anti-freeze is a better option than Chlorox.

JFC

Pestilence
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qsS42Ca3XQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101001/2010/REG5/broncos@ravens#menu=highlights&tab=analyze

And they lost by 2 touchdowns...

bricks
I think the feeling was that signing Orton was a way for the Chiefs to bail on Cassel and move on. Then you have a guy who is an effective starter and a young guy with potential behind him. At that point you have several ways to go with that third QB position.

We know that is not happening though.

Pioli for whatever reason loves Cassel.

qabbaan
Orton's so good that two teams which have actually won a playoff game since the Bush 1 administration have cut bait on him.

One of them thought Tebow was better.

Frazod
03-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I think a lot of people would be surprised...

Surprised that the team isn't any better than it was with Cassel.

Orton played well enough to put us in the playoffs. It's not his fault two field goals got blocked.

Carlota69
KC, so when Cassel breaks his vag, Orton will be there.

listopencil

He's a decent QB. The guy seems to get snubbed wherever he goes. I wouldn't call him "franchise", but he's a decent QB.

Count Zarth

Because of their defense and running game.

Frazod
03-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Orton's so good that two teams which have actually won a playoff game since the Bush 1 administration have cut bait on him.

One of them thought Tebow was better.

Jesus, I'm not saying Orton is Joe Montana. I'm saying he's better than Cassel. :banghead:

Strongside
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_vR089vsDvOU/SotMT_RfcSI/AAAAAAAAATo/55M_0cIKWns/MattCassel1.jpg

I love you Chiefs

Bored @ Work....

http://i.imgur.com/XmwWM.jpg

DeezNutz
KC, so when Cassel breaks his vag, Orton will be there.

You have Jerry Jones on the sideline demanding excellence, or little soldier Pioli, diligently working to glue the vag back together again, with one toward the trash situation.

Which would you rather deal with?

listopencil
That's like saying anti-freeze is a better option than Chlorox.

JFC

I'd rather put anti-freeze in my radiator than Clorox. I'm not saying he's your team's savior or anything. But he is competent.

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Bored @ Work....

LMAO

Jesus dude, I repost all your shit on my facebook page and Arrowheadpride. Fucking gold.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2012, 03:17 PM
I think Orton's attitude costs him jobs more than his talent level.

mnchiefsguy
If Orton wants to just cash a check, then Dallas will do nicely. If he wants to actually play, there are other teams needing a qb, including the Chiefs.

Detoxing
Be honest.

Yes, Orton is better than Cassel.

And that's not even my main concern. Signing Orton would mean the END of Cassel. And that's far more important than how far Orton would get us is.

Baby steps.

ChiefsCountry
03-13-2012, 03:18 PM
My Brady Fucking Quinn joke looks to be coming true more and more each day.

listopencil
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM

We couldn't run the ball, and couldn't stop the Ravens for shit. That's why we lost.

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Orton played well enough to put us in the playoffs. It's not his fault two field goals got blocked.

Those 2 FGs never happen if he doesn't throw 2 picks.

Frazod
03-13-2012, 03:21 PM

Fine. He's the devil. Dude's gone anyway, not like it matters.

CASSEL FTL!

listopencil

Maybe they should have let him get in there sooner, so he had more time to develop a relationship with his receivers.

htismaqe
If Orton wants to just cash a check, then Dallas will do nicely. If he wants to actually play, there are other teams needing a qb, including the Chiefs.

The Chiefs don't need a QB. Listen to the national media...hell, listen to SCOTT PIOLI.

We have a starting QB.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 03:22 PM

And one of those picks doesn't happen if Dwayne Bowe catches the perfectly thrown TD pass that went right between two-defenders and hit him in the chest.

It's not worth arguing anymore; the Chiefs are rolling with Cassel and that's all there is to it.

But Orton is a much better quarterback than Matt Cassel.

Strongside
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
LMAO

Jesus dude, I repost all your shit on my facebook page and Arrowheadpride. ****ing gold.

Haha...glad you like them. I have tons that I've done and never posted. I may make a thread eventually.

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Haha...glad you like them. I have tons that I've done and never posted. I may make a thread eventually.

You definitely should. These are quality.

DJ's left nut
Bored @ Work....

It's Admiral Checkdown!

Frazod
Maybe they should have let him get in there sooner, so he had more time to develop a relationship with his receivers.

It's unfortunate that he fucked his hand up in the Bears game - robbed him of a couple of weeks to get better acclimated.

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes, Orton is better than Cassel.

And that's not even my main concern. Signing Orton would mean the END of Cassel. And that's far more important than how far Orton would get us is.

Baby steps.

First of all, I don't think signing Orton means the end of Cassel at all. I think Orton would be forced to "compete" and I absolutely think the deck would be stacked against him from the start.

Secondly, if Cassel stinks this year, it's possible they would finally get rid of him. Bringing in Orton only guarantees that it's the BEGINNING of the Orton era and another 2-3 years of futility.

BossChief
03-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Pioli: Orton will look at some teams he will be able to start for, but we would like to bring him back.

Ortons first stop is one that he would be a clear backup.

Just another sign that we can look forward to another year of the coddling of Cassels balls by Pioli.

Like some here thought (TTC) this is a clear sign that we won't look to upgrade the qb position again this year.

Fuck you, Scott.

I really hope this Cassel bullshit gets you fired.

bricks

It would not make much of a difference. Trust me.

Charles comes back you have a top rushing attack. Defense will be in the top 10 again. Most likely the Chiefs would compete to win the division.

Okay Orton improves your passing game a bit. But we all know he sucks in the redzone and makes bad decisions under pressure. And we saw some of that this year against the faid. Not good. Cant afford to do that, especially against the bigboys in the playoffs. When push comes to shove, he'll flop.

The team would prolly slightly improve but the improvements would minimal and the team would be limited in terms of success. I could see a 10-6 record. But most likely a round loss in the playoffs. I've seen this theme before. We all have and we are sick of it.

*lastly, there is a reason Bronco fans didn't like him. This was it

htismaqe
Fine. He's the devil. Dude's gone anyway, not like it matters.

CASSEL FTL!

I'm not suggesting he's the devil.

He's just not the savior either.

In fact, he's pretty much middle of the road. Just like Cassel.

listopencil
03-13-2012, 03:27 PM
It's unfortunate that he ****ed his hand up in the Bears game - robbed him of a couple of weeks to get better acclimated.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about him injuring his hand. Ah well. I wish him well, he played hard and was always a good team mate for my Broncos.

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 03:27 PM
It's unfortunate that he ****ed his hand up in the Bears game - robbed him of a couple of weeks to get better acclimated.

You can thank Haley for that.

Yes, it's tinfoil hat shit but the guy JUST got here and they throw him in for a flea flicker, behind our offensive line?

They were TRYING to get him hurt.

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 03:28 PM
But Orton is a much better quarterback than Matt Cassel.

Reach for the stars!

Strongside
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
It's Admiral Checkdown!

Reichsfuhrer Happyfoot.

Frazod
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
You can thank Haley for that.

Yes, it's tinfoil hat shit but the guy JUST got here and they throw him in for a flea flicker, behind our offensive line?

You think that.... uh..... okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

(backs away slowly)

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Thank God... dude sucked the ballsack...

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM

LMAO

You go too far sometimes, my friend.

Okie_Apparition
03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
ROFL
Orton already causing a QB controversy among Cowboy fans
NFLN

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 03:51 PM
LMAO

You go too far sometimes, my friend.

Well, there's always the other option - they're fucking stupid.

Anybody sitting on their couch could see what was going to happen.

So they were either trying to get him hurt, or they are a bunch of really, really dumb motherfuckers.

Agent V
03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Well, there's always the other option - they're fucking stupid.

Anybody sitting on their couch could see what was going to happen.

So they were either trying to get him hurt, or they are a bunch of really, really dumb motherfuckers.

They're a bunch of really, really dumb motherfuckers.

SNR
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Join the Stanzi hope wagon, guys.

MTG#10
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM

I love you Chiefs

God he's a goofy-lookin sob LMAO

redsurfer11
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Henne. Count on it.

Good to see I'm the only idiot who thinks Henne is a good QB. He looked very good for the Dolphins this year.

MTG#10
03-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Good to see I'm the only idiot who thinks Henne is a good QB. He looked very good for the Dolphins this year.

So good they're letting him walk! LMAO

TEX
03-13-2012, 05:33 PM
So good they're letting him walk! LMAO

EXACTLY!

But he is "better" than Cassel. Not saying much there.

NJChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Manning "I don't like cold and KC has a great roster, but I'm gonna head to Denver if you don't mind."

Orton "KC has a QB that I can beat out and Dallas doesn't(although with Pioli that maybe false). I think I am going to head to Dallas. Oh by the way Carr is on the plane with me."

This is fun so far.

lcarus
03-13-2012, 05:35 PM

Ha, even Orton doesn't wanna be our QB. Christ.

vailpass
03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Wonder if Orton thinks he could hover like the grim reaper on the sideline ready to take over for the corpse of Romo after he makes one too many of his boneheaded turnovers.

TEX
Pioli: Orton will look at some teams he will be able to start for, but we would like to bring him back.

Ortons first stop is one that he would be a clear backup.

Just another sign that we can look forward to another year of the coddling of Cassels balls by Pioli.

Like some here thought (TTC) this is a clear sign that we won't look to upgrade the qb position again this year.

**** you, Scott.

I really hope this Cassel bullshit gets you fired.

As I many of us said months ago....:mad:
FUCK YOU PIOLI YOU TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT!

Strongside
Maybe we're just sticking with Cassel because he's the only dipshit willing to play for us. And Palko.

lcarus
03-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Maybe we're just sticking with Cassel because he's the only dipshit willing to play for us. And Palko.

At this point, that's a valid theory. Manning and Orton obviously don't wanna be here.

O.city
03-13-2012, 05:44 PM
If I was Orton, it would be a slap in the face to be told you had to "compete" with Cassel.

Coogs
03-13-2012, 05:49 PM
If I was Orton, it would be a slap in the face to be told you had to "compete" with Cassel.

No shit! Dude comes in cold. Hardly even knows his teammates, much less the playbook, and is the only QB in the league that beat the Packers during the regular season.

If there was going to be a QB competition in KC this year, it should have been bringing in someone to compete with Orton.

O.city
03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
I have no idea why he is visiting Dallas. Thats a backup role, more than KC.

Bwana
03-13-2012, 05:59 PM

As are several high school QB's. Cassel is a complete waste of skin.

nose
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Our best players are coming back and this next season is starting look worse than our last.

nose
03-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Because he want's to be a Shit kicker. Explains the cowboy hats and country bars.

O.city
03-13-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm still thinking he ends up in KC.

the Talking Can
03-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Bored @ Work....

there is not enough rep

stonedstooge
03-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Funny how many were trying to push all this shit off on Haley. With him gone I guess players are just flocking to KC

Rausch
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Funny how many were trying to push all this shit off on Haley. With him gone I guess players are just flocking to KC

After riding the pine so Palko could play why would he have any love for KC?...

-King-
03-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Bored @ Work....

Wow. :clap:

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2012, 08:05 PM
FUCK.

Why would he want go to Dallas?

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 08:08 PM

I dont care where that shit bag goes, just take his sorry ass elsewhere and take Cassel with him...

He is fucking garbage...

chiefzilla1501
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
I dont care where that shit bag goes, just take his sorry ass elsewhere and take Cassel with him...

He is ****ing garbage...

I don't agree with you there. Orton isn't a terrible QB. He's our Joe Flacco. Not that that's anything to get excited about. Signing Orton will at least keep me interested in the Chiefs, even though I know our ceiling is probably a borderline playoff team at best.

But I will say this in his defense. While he's been rough in the red zone, he's also had some of the worst red zone running games I've ever seen. KC was embarrassingly bad running in the red zone. And the Broncos behind Buckhalter and Moreno were also horrendous.

There's something to be said for plugging Orton into this offense, signing Tolbert or/and Hillis, and playing great defense. Just trying to see any kind of a bright side here.

J Diddy
03-13-2012, 08:44 PM

He is ****ing garbage...

eres muy estupido

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 09:26 PM
eres muy estupido
Ah the true fans quest for mediocrity. The fear of wanting to build a NFL franchise is strong with this one.

the Talking Can
03-13-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't agree with you there. Orton isn't a terrible QB. He's our Joe Flacco. Not that that's anything to get excited about. Signing Orton will at least keep me interested in the Chiefs, even though I know our ceiling is probably a borderline playoff team at best.

But I will say this in his defense. While he's been rough in the red zone, he's also had some of the worst red zone running games I've ever seen. KC was embarrassingly bad running in the red zone. And the Broncos behind Buckhalter and Moreno were also horrendous.

There's something to be said for plugging Orton into this offense, signing Tolbert or/and Hillis, and playing great defense. Just trying to see any kind of a bright side here.

orton and flacco have nothing in common, as anyone whose actually watched the nfl would know....

chiefzilla1501
03-13-2012, 09:55 PM
orton and flacco have nothing in common, as anyone whose actually watched the nfl would know....

Orton, like Flacco, will be a guy who can take your team to the first or second round of the playoffs behind an incredibly talented team and turn your team into a huge underdog for that game. I never said they play the same style of game. Just that the end result is going to be exactly the same.

okcchief
03-13-2012, 09:57 PM

He is fucking garbage...

If we had a running game he takes us to the playoffs last year. You build the line and add a short yardage back and there is no better option.

Lumping him in with Cassel is fucking ridiculous. He isn't elite but he can be solid. There are no franchise QBs to be found.

Who can we get this year that is better? No one.

chiefzilla1501
03-13-2012, 09:58 PM
If we had a running game he takes us to the playoffs last year. You build the line and add a short yardage back and there is no better option.

Lumping him in with Cassel is ****ing ridiculous. He isn't elite but he can be solid. There are no franchise QBs to be found.

Who can we get this year that is better? No one.

Matt Flynn is the only guy with the upside to be franchise. But that is an extremely expensive risk to take. I think he has a lot more mediocrity downside than he does upside.

BIG K
03-13-2012, 09:58 PM

Because if things turned bad for Romo, he would actually have a chance to start. If he was in KC, the only way he would get a chance to start is if #7 went down with an injury.........

O.city
03-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Anyone think the reason we havne't signed him is that Pioli knows if he signs the guy to compete with Cassel, Romeo starts Orton and the golden boy can't ahve that?

BIG K
03-13-2012, 10:01 PM
He does not have a chance of beating out #7 in 'open competion' for the QB spot.

Messier
03-13-2012, 10:02 PM
They are sooooo similar. I do think Orton has the better arm by far, but they both can make boneheaded plays. I guess I like Orton just for the are strength. Still, I keep asking myself why I care if he's back or not.

okcchief
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Matt Flynn is the only guy with the upside to be franchise. But that is an extremely expensive risk to take. I think he has a lot more mediocrity downside than he does upside.

The price is too high for Flynn and though I like him he's not proven. Orton isn't going to get big money. He's a good stop gap for this year. Better than fucking Cassel.

BIG K
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I guess I like Orton just for the are strength. Still, I keep asking myself why I care if he's back or not.

Because he is better than #7, not great thus far, but better than #7....

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
The price is too high for Flynn and though I like him he's not proven. Orton isn't going to get big money. He's a good stop gap for this year.better than ****ing Cassel.

Orton just like Cassel isn't a long term or short term solution to the qb position. Neither are a stop gap. What ever stop gap means.
You will never know success rehashing someone else's trash.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Because he is better than #7, not great thus far, but better than #7....

Yeah shitting on one hand and pissing in the other. Sounds like a great solution.

chefsos
03-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Tony Romo is prone to breakage, so I'd imagine Orton knows he wouldn't spend the entire season there with a baseball cap on. Hell, are there many #2 QBs in the league who didn't play significant time last year?

Mr. Laz
03-13-2012, 10:09 PM
2nd snap from center, Orton drops back and sees a blitzer coming off the backside edge. He turns, steps right into the blitzer and delivers a completion.

He took the hit to make the completion.

THIS alone makes me rather have him than Cassel.

I don't recall Cassel ever doing that ... he plays like a pussy.

BIG K
03-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah shitting on one hand and pissing in the other. Sounds like a great solution.

Given the opportunity with what KC is doing, are you really going to tell me that the Chiefs are not committed to #7? You misread my quote....

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Given the opportunity with what KC is doing, are you really going to tell me that the Chiefs are not committed to #7? You misread my quote....

Being committed to Cassel is just as stupid as signing orton. Its like wanting to.fall into a.flaming bucket of aids because you thinks its cool.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 10:16 PM
2nd snap from center, Orton drops back and sees a blitzer coming off the backside edge. He turns, steps right into the blitzer and delivers a completion.

I don't recall Cassel ever doing that ... he plays like a pussy.random.

Okie_Apparition
03-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Pioli is a Pats player hoarder
you can only remove a little at a time & easy him clean
Cassel is next

Earthling
03-13-2012, 10:21 PM
There will be no Sunday Ticket in Casa Frazod if that ****ing piece of shit Cassel is our starter next year. I can watch the Bears play for free.

Exactly the same here. I'll be relegated to watching the Donks play instead but I can always be rootin' against them for my weekly football fix.

Messier
03-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Being committed to Cassel is just as stupid as signing orton. Its like wanting to.fall into a.flaming bucket of aids because you thinks its cool.

I agree that if we got a full season of Orton, we'd see some of the same stuff that drives us crazy about Cassel.

tk13
03-13-2012, 10:23 PM

I don't recall Cassel ever doing that ... he plays like a pussy.

It's like the ball rolls downhill and these stories become more and more grandiose. Look at how people think Trent Green wasn't that good now. Cassel once played about 10 days after an appendectomy. Toughness is not his problem. It's everything else.

BIG K
03-13-2012, 10:24 PM

Are you that daft? My original quote was referring to why another poster was missing Orton over #7. Neither are a good option for a respectable franchise. But, in this case, with the Chiefs commited to #7, and a laughing stock in the NFL, I merely agreed that Orton was the better option between the two. Spend some time reading the thread before you jump in dumbass...

I do not feel either of the two forementioned QB's are franchise quality. Get over it.

Earthling
03-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Orton is exactly like Cassle. Except that he reads defenses better, has a better long ball, more accurate and quicker on the release. Other than that they are both the same.

Okie_Apparition
03-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Orton can give your WRs some numbers they can be happy with
& live game practice for a rookie

BIG K
03-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Orton is exactly like Cassle. Except that he reads defenses better, has a better long ball, more accurate and quicker on the release. Other than that they are both the same.

LMAO

Wait, because of rerun, I want to clarify I agree with your post....I am sure YOU read into my lmao but just want to make sure......:p:p

Earthling
03-13-2012, 10:41 PM
LMAO

Wait, because of rerun, I want to clarify I agree with your post....I am sure YOU read into my lmao but just want to make sure......:p:p

:p :thumb:

BossChief
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
If we fill the two line spots with premier guys (won't happen, but Winston and Myers or the guy from gb) I think Orton could win some big games with the talent we have on board.

Our secondary will be vastly improved. We lose a little going from Carr to Routt, but the upgrade from Sabby to Berry is massive. Our run defense should also improve as our young front seven grows into their roles more and more.

The front seven played as well as anyone down the stretch.

This defense is setting up to be a top 7 unit.

Orton does a good job of distributing the ball around and thats what we need because we have talent everywhere we look. He was effective last year WITH NO RUNNING GAME and a swinging door at right tackle.

I'd like to see him get a chance with a full blown running game that we would have with Charles and Tolbert or Hillis...or Richardson. He displayed a very convincing playaction last year again, WITH NO RUNNING GAME.

That play action would be highly effective if Charles or Tolbert are in the backfield instead of Jones or Battle.

I have no doubt that we could win a playoff game or even two, but I don't think he is a guy that can win shootouts for us or put the team on his back when we need it and carry us when we face elite run defenses in the playoffs.

Having a line that good would have to factor into our chances in those games with him...he could have "all day back there".

BossChief
03-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Long story short, sign me up for the group that wants "anything but Cassel" for 2012.

We can deal with next year when we get there, but for now I just want to enjoy Chiefs football without #7 embarrassing it.

Orton? Ok
Stanzi? Let's go
Move a 6th for Moore from Miami? No problem

One more snap from Matt Cassel?

Fuck that.

BIG K
03-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Long story short, sign me up for the group that wants "anything but Cassel" for 2012.

We can deal with next year when we get there, but for now I just want to enjoy Chiefs football without #7 embarrassing it.

Orton? Ok
Stanzi? Let's go
Move a 6th for Moore from Miami? No problem

One more snap from Matt Cassel?

**** that.

Can we, as a planet, follow my lead on this, just once and referr to incumbant starter as #7 instead of actually saying his name? He does not deserve to be named, only numbered....Thank you.

Fritz88
03-13-2012, 11:10 PM
If we fill the two line spots with premier guys (won't happen, but Winston and Myers or the guy from gb) I think Orton could win some big games with the talent we have on board.

Our secondary will be vastly improved. We lose a little going from Carr to Routt, but the upgrade from Sabby to Berry is massive. Our run defense should also improve as our young front seven grows into their roles more and more.

Orton does a good job of distributing the ball around and thats what we need because we have talent everywhere we look. He was effective last year WITH NO RUNNING GAME and a swinging door at right tackle.

I'd like to see him get a chance with a full blown running game that we would have with Charles and Tolbert or Hillis...or Richardson. He displayed a very convincing playaction last year again, WITH NO RUNNING GAME.

That play action would be highly effective if Charles or Tolbert are in the backfield instead of Jones or Battle.

I have no doubt that we could win a playoff game or even two, but I don't think he is a guy that can win shootouts for us or put the team on his back when we need it and carry us when we face elite run defenses in the playoffs.

Having a line that good would have to factor into our chances in those games with him...he could have "all day back there".

Forget about Orton. If he is in Dallas then he's signing there; so is Carr.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM

Well.in #7's defense here. He didn't get cut in favor of Tebow. I can't believe I.just defended #7.

We as a fan base have fallen so far.

BIG K
03-13-2012, 11:13 PM

Nice!

BigChiefFan
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I just don't get the fascination with Orton. 1 TD, 2 picks, 3 games-That's shit awful.

BigMeatballDave
Can we, as a planet, follow my lead on this, just once and referr to incumbant starter as #7 instead of actually saying his name? He does not deserve to be named, only numbered....Thank you.

#7?

Shitbag sounds better

Reerun_KC

Why couldnt we do the same thing with a franchise qb? Why does it always have to.be a retread?

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
I just don't get the fascination with Orton. 1 TD, 2 picks, 3 games-That's shit awful.

Because he isn't a franchise qb. Its easier emotionally to go 8-8 and get bounced than it is to be a contender year in and out.

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM

He was with the team for a matter of weeks, and the offense was better than it was with Cassel. That simple.

BigMeatballDave
03-13-2012, 11:22 PM

Red zone offense was awful.

Play selection was worse.

When was the last time Cassel had consecutive 300 yrd games?

The only fascination is him replacing Shitbag.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM
He was with the team for a matter of weeks, and the offense was better than it was with Cassel. That simple.

Listen up folks. The professional player evaluator has shown up.

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Weak trolling, Reerun. I'll not take the bait.

BossChief
03-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Holy shit.

How the fuck did I miss this?

I just went to #7s rotoworld player page and the first story says this:

Speaking at the Scouting Combine Saturday, coach Romeo Crennel said Matt Cassel is the Chiefs' starter "until we get another quarterback on the team."

I saw it in somebodies sig, but thought it was a joke or something.

NJChiefsFan
You have to use the eye test. No way Cassel is even with Orton. Orton isn't taking you to a SB, but I would much rather have him IF you are forcing me to select a stop-gap.

BigChiefFan
He was with the team for a matter of weeks, and the offense was better than it was with Cassel. That simple.He can move the chains, but he still is pedestrian at best. Without looking, who would you rather have based on stats?

9 TDs and 9 INTs or 10 TDs and 9 INT's?

That's both players TDs and INTs from last year.

BIG K

I am not sure there is a fascitnation with Orton. The vibe I get is that given the front office lack of moves to land a franchise QB, that given the choice between #7 and Orton, most here would choose Orton. Throw a draft pick QB in the mix, that all would prolly change....

qabbaan
03-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Orton turns the ball over and can't finish drives. If he gets a shot at starting your team is not a contender in my opinion

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 11:27 PM
He can move the chains, but he still is pedestrian at best. Without looking, who would you rather have based on stats?

9 TDs and 9 INTs or 10 TDs and 9 INT's?

That's both players TDs and INTs from last year.

I don't care about statistics.

Orton can throw the ball down the field, Cassel can't.

BIG K
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM

Neither is the Franchise QB we want but there is no question, Orton>#7.

BossChief
03-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Why couldnt we do the same thing with a franchise qb? Why does it always have to.be a retread?

I'll say it agin.

This TEAM is ready to go right now. The current team deserves a better qb than 7.

Let's say we wait till next year to draft a qb.

That means that we probably have 3, maybe 4 more years till we would be ready to really compete with a QBOTF we would draft next year.

By then, guys like Hali, Bowe and DJ are past their window.

Really, if we don't at least sign Orton, I consider that sabotage.

BigChiefFan
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM

Orton can throw the ball down the field, Cassel can't.You don't care about TDs?:rolleyes:

Who cares if he can throw it deep, if he's throwing it to the other team?

Orton's career numbers 80 TDs 57 INTs QB rating 79.4
Cassel's career numbers 76 TDs 45 INTs QB rating 82.5

Orton has been turned into a Golden God, when he's no better than Cassel and the numbers prove that.

It's like jumping from the frying pan into the fire and buys three more years of mediocrity. No thanks.

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
No, he's better than Cassel. Your eyes should tell you that. Instead, you want to look at stats from an entire career, which isn't relevant in the least.

NJChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
See I don't agree it buys 3 more years. I think Henne might do that, but not Orton. I think even KC would see Orton as a stop-gap. If Cassel starts and does well he will certainly be here another year.

If we start Orton this year I think its safe we would have Stanzi/Other drafted QB the next. You keep Cassel, well I don't want to even think about what that could end up being time-wise.

NJChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 11:40 PM
No, he's better than Cassel. Your eyes should tell you that. Instead, you want to look at stats from an entire career, which isn't relevant in the least.

Isn't relevant in the least is an extreme statement. Its not needed to make the point. The eye test isn't even close. Orton gives this team a better chance. That being said, he isn't winning us a SB, and nobody is claiming he could.

BigChiefFan
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
No, he's better than Cassel. Your eyes should tell you that. Instead, you want to look at stats from an entire career, which isn't relevant in the least.Are you really arguing that we should hitch our wagon to a mediocre QB for three more years?

Sorry, brother, but Orton is an average QB, hence the BACK-UP job he's looking for.

Better than shit, doesn't mean much and just delays what we all know we need... a franchise QB.

Count Zarth
03-13-2012, 11:43 PM
All I'm arguing is he should start this year.

But our FO is too inept to even get him to sign.

BigChiefFan
03-13-2012, 11:45 PM
See I don't agree it buys 3 more years. I think Henne might do that, but not Orton. I think even KC would see Orton as a stop-gap. If Cassel starts and does well he will certainly be here another year.

If we start Orton this year I think its safe we would have Stanzi/Other drafted QB the next. You keep Cassel, well I don't want to even think about what that could end up being time-wise.

I just see Orton as hampering the team long-term. I don't think he's enough of an upgrade to hitch our wagon to. I'd rather see Cassel meet certain doom and make it crystal clear, we need a rookie franchise QB.

NJChiefsFan
Are you really arguing that we should hitch our wagon to a mediocre QB for three more years?

Sorry, brother, but Orton is an average QB, hence the BACK-UP job he's looking for.

Better than shit, doesn't mean much and just delays what we all know we need... a franchise QB.

Nobody, nobody wants to hitch the Chiefs wagon to Orton for more than this year.

BigChiefFan
Nobody, nobody wants to hitch the Chiefs wagon to Orton for more than this year.

You really think he's going to sign a one year deal?

NJChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 11:48 PM
IDK. If he wants more KC would have to make sure its a number they could live with when he is backing up year 2. If I saw they signed him to a multiple year deal it would freak me out, but I think they could work out a 1 year deal. I doubt he is going to get a multiple year deal from a team that would give him a fair chance to win the starting job.

Fritz88
03-13-2012, 11:49 PM
I just cupped my balls.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 06:37 AM

Ain't gonna happen.

Orton, if he signs, will be the starter for 2 to 3 years at least.

This idea that we can draft Tannehill, sign Orton for 1 year, and then ride off into the sunset is PURE FANTASY.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Yeah, because nearly a decade into his career he's suddenly going to do something he's NEVER DONE BEFORE.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 06:41 AM
I just see Orton as hampering the team long-term. I don't think he's enough of an upgrade to hitch our wagon to. I'd rather see Cassel meet certain doom and make it crystal clear, we need a rookie franchise QB.

:clap:

The Bad Guy
03-14-2012, 06:54 AM
This also says a lot to me that he'd rather go to Dallas to backup someone rather than compete with Cassel for the job here.

J Diddy
03-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Yeah, because nearly a decade into his career he's suddenly going to do something he's NEVER DONE BEFORE.

It's happened before....

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:09 AM
It's happened before....

To who?

BoneKrusher
03-14-2012, 07:10 AM

yep
it will be impossible to stretch the defense with Castle at QB.
we're done for 2012.

J Diddy
03-14-2012, 07:13 AM
To who?

Rich Gannon rings a bell, kurt warner,

Coogs
03-14-2012, 07:13 AM
You don't care about TDs?:rolleyes:

Who cares if he can throw it deep, if he's throwing it to the other team?

Orton's career numbers 80 TDs 57 INTs QB rating 79.4
Cassel's career numbers 76 TDs 45 INTs QB rating 82.5

Orton has been turned into a Golden God, when he's no better than Cassel and the numbers prove that.

It's like jumping from the frying pan into the fire and buys three more years of mediocrity. No thanks.

Trent Green's career numbers are 162 TD's 114 INT's (amazingly close to just double Orton's) QB rating 86

And for my money, it is quite clear Green was far superior to Cassel as well. Even though the "stats" would not suggest that.

suds79
03-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Cassel is the type of guy you cannot judge just by looking at the numbers.

Sure you can but you won't get an accurate picture of what the guy is. His stats are inflated primarily because he cleaned up on a 16-0 quality team the year after.

Just like how many of us don't want Matt Flynn. It's easy to look good on a SB quality team.

Still, I'll give him that. But you cannot tell me his "probowl" season here in KC was not the most deceiving, stat inflated season ever. Purely put on by Pioli to make Matt look good. How many play action TDs from the 1 or 2 did he get that year? Several.

No Matt is a guy you need to give the ole eyeball test to when he plays. He doesn't have it.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:20 AM
yep
it will be impossible to stretch the defense with Castle at QB.
we're done for 2012.

What good does stretching the field do when you can't score?

Yards don't win football games.

Coogs
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Tim Tebow 17 TD's 9 INT's (he is actually ahead of the pace) QB rating 75.1

Damn, they are all one and the same. Green, Orton, Cassel, and Tebow

suds79
03-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Tim Tebow 17 TD's 9 INT's (he is actually ahead of the pace) QB rating 75.1

Damn, they are all one and the same. Green, Orton, Cassel, and Tebow

:LOL: :clap:

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Rich Gannon rings a bell, kurt warner,

I could make several points about Gannon but I'm interested in arguing semantics - I'll give you that one.

Kurt Warner was in the Arena League when he went to St. Louis. He had ZERO NFL experience. There is no analog between him and Orton. NONE.

So you found ONE example out of the dozens of NFL QBs in the last 10 or so years. You REALLY want to pin your hopes on that?

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Still, I'll give him that. But you cannot tell me his "probowl" season here in KC was not the most deceiving, stat inflated season ever. Purely put on by Pioli to make Matt look good. How many play action TDs from the 1 or 2 did he get that year? Several.

Damn him for throwing TD passes!!!! If it was so easy, why couldn't Orton do it?

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Trent Green's career numbers are 162 TD's 114 INT's (amazingly close to just double Orton's) QB rating 86

And for my money, it is quite clear Green was far superior to Cassel as well. Even though the "stats" would not suggest that.

A career QBR of 86 is SIGNIFICANTLY superior to Orton's 79.4. SIGNIFICANTLY.

You guys are really grasping at straws here.

Coogs
03-14-2012, 07:25 AM
What good does stretching the field do when you can't score?

Yards don't win football games.

Did they not televise the Packers/Chiefs game in Iowa htismaqe? Raiders game too? OK, yeah we didn't score that many against the Raiders, but that isn't "ALL" on Orton. Some of that goes on Bowe. Some of that goes on OC. Some of that goes on ST's. Denver... hell, we didn't need to score. Had a TD lead and crappy field position.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Damn him for throwing TD passes!!!! If it was so easy, why couldn't Orton do it?

Because he didn't have a starting RB for one.

All of the excuses for Orton are the SAME excuses that were used for Cassel.

I'm just amazed nobody can see what is going on here - people are greasing the skids for FOUR years of Orton, not 1.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Did they not televise the Packers/Chiefs game in Iowa htismaqe? Raiders game too? OK, yeah we didn't score that many against the Raiders, but that isn't "ALL" on Orton. Some of that goes on Bowe. Some of that goes on OC. Some of that goes on ST's. Denver... hell, we didn't need to score. Had a TD lead and crappy field position.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Sounds like CASSEL.

Coogs
03-14-2012, 07:27 AM
A career QBR of 86 is SIGNIFICANTLY superior to Orton's 79.4. SIGNIFICANTLY.

You guys are really grasping at straws here.

Orton's career isn't over.

Coogs
03-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Sounds like CASSEL.

OK, I give!

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Well, it does look like we are planning on running the shit out of the ball next season. So Casshole will have another 2010 season which means he will be here 2013 and beyond.

suds79
03-14-2012, 07:34 AM

He could. If management had it in their mind "lets pump up this guys stats. Oh we're on the 1? Pass"

Any QB would do the same. Are you stating they were not trying to inflate his TD/Int ratio that season??

J Diddy
03-14-2012, 07:37 AM
I could make several points about Gannon but I'm interested in arguing semantics - I'll give you that one.

Kurt Warner was in the Arena League when he went to St. Louis. He had ZERO NFL experience. There is no analog between him and Orton. NONE.

So you found ONE example out of the dozens of NFL QBs in the last 10 or so years. You REALLY want to pin your hopes on that?

My point is that it is possible, not probable. However, I can tell you what I see in Orton that I don't see in Cassel. His arm. Orton can make the throws and although his decision making isn't the best, it's also heads and tails over Matty. Then Matt holds the ball way to long and then shot putts a gay floater over the middle or takes a ridiculous sack. Orton at least has some pocket presence.

I'm not saying that Orton is the answer unless the question is Matt or Kyle?

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Orton's career isn't over.

Orton would have to post a continuous QBR of near 100 for the rest of his career to get it up to 86.

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Are you stating they were not trying to inflate his TD/Int ratio that season??

Yes I am. KC has been horrible running the ball in short yardage situations even with Charles 2 years ago.

Does Brady get criticized for inflating his stats by passing to Gronk and Hernandez in the redzone?

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Well, it does look like we are planning on running the shit out of the ball next season. So Casshole will have another 2010 season which means he will be here 2013 and beyond.

Same could be said of Orton.

Would you rather poke your eyes out with a fork or a rusty fork?

Look, I want rid of Cassel as much, if not more, as anybody here. But Kyle fucking Orton isn't the answer. He's just a continuation of the problem.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:42 AM
My point is that it is possible, not probable. However, I can tell you what I see in Orton that I don't see in Cassel. His arm. Orton can make the throws and although his decision making isn't the best, it's also heads and tails over Matty. Then Matt holds the ball way to long and then shot putts a gay floater over the middle or takes a ridiculous sack. Orton at least has some pocket presence.

I'm not saying that Orton is the answer unless the question is Matt or Kyle?

You would be better served to say it's "not impossible".

Me getting hit by a bus today is "possible". But given that I'm sitting in my home office, two and a half miles from anything resembling a town or city and the closest bus route is 10 miles away, it isn't bloody likely.

And if the question really becomes "Matt or Kyle" the answer should be "Arrowhead will be empty until these motherfuckers are gone!"

Easy 6
03-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Orton had me excited, just seeing a KC qb make some basic throws & move the offense like a professional.

But yeah, in the end he's not taking this team to its ultimate goal... no more second tier guys... either get a proven stud or start over with youth.

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 07:45 AM

Look, I want rid of Cassel as much, if not more, as anybody here. But Kyle fucking Orton isn't the answer. He's just a continuation of the problem.

Orton can move the chains, Cassel can't.

Orton sucks less.
Posted via Mobile Device

LTL
03-14-2012, 07:45 AM

If Pioli hasn't seen what a shit stain Cassel is at QB after having spent the last 7 seasons with him I doubt he does after this season.

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 07:46 AM

Orton sucks less.
Posted via Mobile Device

If Orton is so good at moving the ball why did KC's point production drop in half every time he played?

BoneKrusher
03-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Orton had me excited, just seeing a KC qb make some basic throws & move the offense like a professional.

i agree.
the thought of Cassel starting makes me wanna puke.

mlyonsd
03-14-2012, 07:51 AM
I wonder if Pioli and Clark are stopping to think about the boo-birds that will have flocked to the Arrowhead opener if Cassel starts.

I can't imagine it being very pretty for Cassel if he plays like years past.

Reerun_KC
Someone sign this crap so we can move on with our team...

Coogs

All I know is this. If we are in the playoffs, down 4, with 2:00 on the clock, against Ravens or Steelers defense on the road (or home for that matter), and my choice is Orton or Cassel... I'm taking Orton every damn time. Would Orton get it done? Don't know. Would Cassel get it done? :shake:

Reerun_KC
03-14-2012, 07:52 AM
All I know is this. If we are in the playoffs, down 4, with 2:00 on the clock, against Ravens or Steelers defense on the road (or home for that matter), and my choice is Orton or Cassel... I'm taking Orton every damn time. Would Orton get it done? Don't know. Would Cassel get it done? :shake:

ROFL

This is why the franchise hasnt won a playoff game in 20 years...

QB's like Orton cant get it done... Cassel isnt even a thought...

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 07:53 AM

Hate to break it to you, but career wise they have similar 4th quarter comeback and game winning drive numbers.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 07:55 AM

If that is your scenario, you better be prepared. Cassel would go 3 and out. Orton would throw a pick.

Neither of them would win.

Reerun_KC
03-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Hate to break it to you, but career wise they have similar 4th quarter comeback and game winning drive numbers.

And lastly, if you have Orton as your QB, you wont be in that position to begin with...

Its a pipe dream fantasy...

Coogs
03-14-2012, 07:59 AM
If that is your scenario, you better be prepared. Cassel would go 3 and out. Orton would throw a pick.

Neither of them would win.

I agree with the 3 and out. Pick? Maybe. Maybe not. And we may not win.

But given our options of Orton or Cassel. I'll go with Orton. And unless Stanzi can unseat either one, that appears to be our only options right now.

HMc
03-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Both cassel and orton are utter wank. Orton would be well advised to seek a backup role. The chiefs are screwed until they get a QB that at the very least grades into the top 16 in the league.

That's about it, I think.

BoneKrusher
03-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Orton would be well advised to seek a backup role.

maybe so.

after three years i still haven't figured out how Pioli came up with the idea that Cassel could be a starter.

Coogs
03-14-2012, 08:09 AM
And lastly, if you have Orton as your QB, you wont be in that position to begin with...

Its a pipe dream fantasy...

You guys have your minds made up, and that is fine. I just know I watched a guy who was on his 4th or 5th OC in 3 years (just like Cassel's main excuse), a guy who didn't really even know his teammates, a guy without his best RB and TE, rally his team to victory over the Packers after they had taken the lead in the 3rd quarter. You know those Packers. The ones who were undefeated at the time. And he threw for 300 yards while doing that.

I'm not saying he is Joe Montana. I'm just saying given the choice of Orton or Cassel to watch in 2012, I'm taking Orton.

CaliforniaChief
03-14-2012, 08:21 AM
For every Packers game, there is a Raiders game. Orton would be good depth, but that's about it.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 08:25 AM
I agree with the 3 and out. Pick? Maybe. Maybe not. And we may not win.

But given our options of Orton or Cassel. I'll go with Orton. And unless Stanzi can unseat either one, that appears to be our only options right now.

Other than the fact that it appears Orton would rather be a backup in Dallas than have anything to do with the KC Chiefs...

Coogs
03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Other than the fact that it appears Orton would rather be a backup in Dallas than have anything to do with the KC Chiefs...

Yeah, well there is that.

I'm off the Cassel wagon.

Come on Stanzi!

Coogs
03-14-2012, 08:34 AM
For every Packers game, there is a Raiders game. Orton would be good depth, but that's about it.

He still threw for 299. Bowe drops at TD. Chemistry issue? Still relatively new to each other. Succop has 2 blocked. I'm still good with Orton in that game.

Chiefshrink
03-14-2012, 08:36 AM
You guys have your minds made up, and that is fine. I just know I watched a guy who was on his 4th or 5th OC in 3 years (just like Cassel's main excuse), a guy who didn't really even know his teammates, a guy without his best RB and TE, rally his team to victory over the Packers after they had taken the lead in the 3rd quarter. You know those Packers. The ones who were undefeated at the time. And he threw for 300 yards while doing that.

I'm not saying he is Joe Montana. I'm just saying given the choice of Orton or Cassel to watch in 2012, I'm taking Orton.

:thumb: Common sense of the 'eyes' sometimes allude many here on the board. I would have really loved to see what Orton could have done with the Triple B threat given mini-camps and a full TC.

Many here have forgotten what Orton did to our D in Denver 2yrs ago with just a mediocre Brandon Lloyd:roll eyes: Mofo was a surgeon.

Chiefshrink
03-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Orton sucks less.
Posted via Mobile Device

BINGO !!

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Both cassel and orton are utter wank. Orton would be well advised to seek a backup role. The chiefs are screwed until they get a QB that at the very least grades into the top 16 in the league.

I think you're really underrating Orton. I agree he's not a franchise QB. But given our options, he's probably the best we can do. I'm just as comfortable with him as I would be with Flacco or Sanchez or even Alex Smith (though, Flacco and Sanchez arguably still have room to improve).

We could do a whole lot worse. I could see the Chiefs make a 49er-like surge.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 08:41 AM
:thumb: Common sense of the 'eyes' sometimes allude many here on the board. I would have really loved to see what Orton could have done with the Triple B threat given mini-camps and a full TC.

Many here have forgotten what Orton did to our D in Denver 2yrs ago with just a mediocre Brandon Lloyd:roll eyes: Mofo was a surgeon.

No, my eyes are fine.

He's DIFFERENT than Cassel but "different" is not "better".

And yes, let's not forget what he did to our defense 2 years ago.

He threw for over 400 yards and the Broncos LOST. By nearly 3 touchdowns.

JFC. :facepalm:

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 08:43 AM
He still threw for 299. Bowe drops at TD. Chemistry issue? Still relatively new to each other. Succop has 2 blocked. I'm still good with Orton in that game.

Those excuses aren't valid for Cassel but they're OK for Orton?

So 3 years from now when we're stuck in the SAME PLACE with Orton, what then? Which retread are we going to be longing for then?

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2012, 08:44 AM
No, my eyes are fine.

Pretty sure the Broncos curbstomped us at their place, although Cassel did mount a feeble comeback it was far too late.

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2012, 08:44 AM
No, my eyes are fine.

In Orton's defense, Denver had I believe the 32nd ranked defense. They were embarrassingly bad. And they had one of the worst ranked run offenses in the league.

Orton can't win things on his own. That's what elite QBs do. And we know he's probably not a franchise QB. But he's also not always been handed the best hand of cards.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Pretty sure the Broncos curbstomped us at their place, although Cassel did mount a feeble comeback it was far too late.

My bad, he was talking about the 2011 game. In 2010, he threw 1 TD and 3 picks and we routed them.